Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autumn 2010 Anime Thread

+18
Officer_Charon
tsundere9kagami2
Ggultra2764
Sintendo
Plaxy
0utf0xZer0
Triela
Awinnell
theprodigalson
Totoum
rusty-spring
windfish55
KodokuRyuu
Alfisti
Piero
Five_X
Kiskaloo
Robert Frazer
22 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Autumn 2010 Anime Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Autumn 2010 Anime Thread

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 6 Oct 2010 - 12:06

Shinryaku! Ika Musume - Episode 01

I declare this the best show of the Fall 2010 season for the OP theme, if nothing else:

Ika Musume is also brain-meltingly cute.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Fri 8 Oct 2010 - 14:33; edited 1 time in total

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Wed 6 Oct 2010 - 16:02

omg thanks kisk,I hadn't noticed this show

so I googled it
staff looked awsome
It had some of my favorite seyuus
so I watched

me after seeing the show: Full of Win

Totoum

Forum Posts : 480

Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 Wed 6 Oct 2010 - 16:48

Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge- Being the second season of Arakawa, the series still has me giddy as a schoolgirl special thanks to the antics of the bridge residents pushing Kou's buttons.

Bakuman- Plan to give this series a few more episodes to see if it's worth committing to. The series looked like it would be on the mundane side until the over-the-top declaration from the male lead at the end of the episode left me uncertain what to think of it.

Psychic Detective Yakumo- Another series I will give a few episodes to see if it's worthwhile. The male lead doesn't seem to show much change in expressions and demeanor, making his personality seem a bit hollow. Plus, the villain for the episode was quite shallow being nothing more than a mindless killer. Still, I'd like to know how the male lead deals with his life when he interacts with spirits of the undead.

Ggultra2764

Forum Posts : 590

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Wed 6 Oct 2010 - 20:21

I haven't really watched a proper harem show before so for variety's sake I thought that I'd give Solitude a whirl. I must say that it looks absolutely lovely with lavish art which more than makes up for the sedentary movement, and the soundtrack is gentle and beguiling, too. The storyline was a little difficult to take serioiusly... maybe this is par for the course in shows of the genre, but I really couldn't help put giggle and snigger through most of the episode about how quickly they start setting up the gaggle of cuddly and comely girls... who are all antsy and itching to yank down twin-ahoge boy's trousers (and yes, the Girl Next Door and the Meido were both titty-tastic). Still, those faded out towards the end of the episode when it began exposing the incest angle between the siblings; I thought that it was skilfully handled, with Sora's hallucination both demonstrating the choking intensity of her obsession and also that it's something twisted and corrosive. That segment was actually quite good drama, and given Haru's evident awareness of (and aversion to) his sister's feeling I'm genuinely intrigued to see where they take it.

Anyone want to start a book on a stab-happy yandere ending? Current odds are 8-3. Wink

Robert Frazer

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 Wed 6 Oct 2010 - 21:18

I think School Days has given a lot of people unrealistic expectations about the odds of a yandere ending, so you know where I stand.

And yeah, the way every girl suddenly acted like they had a sudden nervous crush on the guy except the super energetic airhead who was practically jumping on him was snicker worthy. I mean, I can see why most of the girls would be interested in him, since he's a newcomer in a small town, but love at first sight? Even most other harem shows try and play it more realistic.

They did drop a lot of the subtlety in favour of vulgarity for the "after episode segment" bit, but that was mainly due to the shift from serious to humourous, I think.

Last edited by 0utf0xZer0 on Wed 6 Oct 2010 - 22:57; edited 1 time in total

0utf0xZer0

Forum Posts : 265

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 6 Oct 2010 - 22:36

Totoum wrote:omg thanks kisk,I hadn't noticed this show

so I googled it
staff looked awsome
It had some of my favorite seyuus
so I watched

me after seeing the show: Full of Win

Yes Indeed

I am pretty confident that I am going to adore this show. It reminds me of Yotsuba! and Azumanga Daioh in style, even if totally different subject matter.

Now I really wish the manga hosting sites were not all dead because I'd love to read the manga.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Thu 7 Oct 2010 - 1:18

Kiskaloo wrote:It reminds me of Yotsuba! and Azumanga Daioh in style, even if totally different subject matter.

Now I really wish the manga hosting sites were not all dead because I'd love to read the manga.

Yotsuba especialy comes to mind,in fact I think i'd be ready to read a crossover series where she decides to invade Yotsuba's house , that would be epic lol

Also according to an interview of the director,even if it's airing at 2AM he actually produced it as if it was airing in prime time as something the whole family could watch so no fanservice in sight.

Finally, I just looked at mangafox and they have it online : http://www.mangafox.com/manga/shinryaku_ika_musume/v01/c001/1.html

Totoum

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 Fri 8 Oct 2010 - 2:39

Kami nomi zo shiru sekai get!

tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Forum Posts : 1075

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by windfish55 Fri 8 Oct 2010 - 16:43

I watched the first episode of Iron Man the other night. I agree that the ending was... odd. But I was impressed with the show as a whole, and I can't wait to see more. I"m sure it's going to be fantastic once the plot starts taking shape.

windfish55

Forum Posts : 145

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Sat 9 Oct 2010 - 1:14

Shinryaku! Ika Musume: This show involves domination, a tentacle monster, a masochist sub, bondage, and the ingestion of bodily fluids. Well, the masochist bit may be a bit of a stretch considering that the kid just seems to be willing to put up with being thrown against things if it means he can get flung through the air by the squid girl's tentacles rather than actually enjoying hitting things. But everything else is true, albeit grossly misrepresented by me and my twisted sense of humour. Laughing (For the record, the show involves a squid girl who wants to conquer the world (world domination!) as revenge for polluting the sea, a boy she recruits as her subordinate who likes being flung around by her tentacles, capturing people with said tentacles, and eatting squid ink spaghetti. But the description I used is more fun. Razz)
As for the show itself it was somewhat amusing, though I don't know if it'll be enough to keep me watching. Then again that seems to be going for a fair numbers of the shows this season.
Oh, also, speaking as someone who just recently got over a cold, I think that having squid ink as a substitute for snot would get very, very messy. They really did not explore just how problematic that could get if someone had a really bad cold.

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 9 Oct 2010 - 12:38

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt - Episode 02

This show is maximum win just for the sheer lunacy of it all. Plus I love when they do the "character design swap" and you see just how frackin hot these girls would be in "real life" - especially Panty in her schoolgirl outfit. And I cannot wait for the soundtrack just for the awesome background music they run through the show. And I think Panty learned to drive from Allison. Wink

Watching Part 1 I couldn't help but think "this is what would happen if Forum Laine and Forum Kara were sent on an infiltration mission to a high school".

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Sat 9 Oct 2010 - 13:25; edited 1 time in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Sat 9 Oct 2010 - 13:18

I didn't "FLY AWAY NOW" in this week's ep lke I did in last week's ep but overall I enjoyed this week's ep more than the last one,so I'm sticking with this,favorite random moment:
- Panty saying "what the fuck" in engrish
- the 2001 reference
-the youtube reference at the very end,because it's so true (see comments in the transformation sequence uploaded to youtube).
Totoum
Totoum

Male

Fan of : claes

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 9 Oct 2010 - 13:26

To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 01

I have to admit I didn't really get into Railgun, so it's nice to have the original back. I like Mikoto Misaka, to be sure (and doubly so when she's all flustered around Touma), but Index just has that super-cuteness factor that I missed. And the bad guys are way cooler. On the plus side, it does like the entire casts of both Index and Railgun will be present, but that could get a bit busy.

Mami Kawada delivers yet another epic OP, as she did for the origin. Honestly, I think the Index shows have the best music and character vocal albums since the Negima series or the anime adaptions of Rumiko Takahashi's stuff. fripSide did a stellar effort with the OPs for Railgun, as did ELISA for the EDs. Highly recommended for fans of anime and J-Pop music.

"Hirayama Rami's 5 Hour Cooking Show" - sounds like something Kara would be into. Razz
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 9 Oct 2010 - 14:19

Fortune Arterial - Episode 01

Not sure what to make of this one. Started out as a comedy, then went supernatural at the very end, but I guess some of the students are vampires based on Wikipedia.

The show is based on an adult visual novel, so it has 100% cute females, two of which have the "Moe Dial" cranked to 11. But the guys are all handsome, as well, so Triela has a reason to watch. Wink Nicely animated, similar in style to what Key's visual novel anime adaptions are.

And what is it with all these massive schools in anime? I swear major research universities have less buildings and poorer conditions. Robert Kennedy High School in Los Angeles cost almost USD600 million and it has nothing on some of the places in Japan, so Shuchikan Academy has to be north of USD5 billion and even the "basic schools" must be in the billions, as well.

Moe supernatural dramas tend to suck me in, and comedy will only help, so I'll likely stick with it, even if in the end the show is not one that sticks with me (in terms of memory).
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Sat 9 Oct 2010 - 14:50

Escapism and wish fulfilment, maybe? From what I gather most Japanese schools - the state ones at least - tend to be identikit carbon copies of each other - just put a box in the middle of an empty field, pull the tab and it'll unfold for you. It must be nice to fantasise that you're spending the best years of your life in a splendid palatial academy as opposed to a prefabricated concrete hole. It's no wonder that a lot of anime protagonists live in nice suburban houses with big gardens (if not the actual countryside) when battery chickens get more living space than the typical Tokyo resident!
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sat 9 Oct 2010 - 16:18

Horikoshi High School,a school for Idols offering education and career support,

Autumn 2010 Anime Thread - Page 2 800px-10

http://mashitoma.blogspot.com/2010/08/horikoshi-gakuen-japanese-celebrity.html

a blog about it

Autumn 2010 Anime Thread - Page 2 School10

most however look like this,like Robert said mass produced legoland buildings

Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Sat 9 Oct 2010 - 18:16

Re: Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt: .... WTF did I just watch, and why am I eagerly anticipating more?

Yes, I see this one going to Adult Swim - it's prime material for it
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1472

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Sun 10 Oct 2010 - 1:50

To Aru Majutsu no Index II If the first episode is any indication of the series as a whole, this is a substantial improvement over the first season. On the other hand though the foreshadowy final scene of the first episode included several not so effective elements from the first season, so we'll have to see how things go.
Generally speaking, my previous experience with Index and Railgun is that I prefer the ESPer focused stuff to the magician focused stuff. I don't find the Index versus Railgun thing quite as clear cut as some people -I prefer the ESPers and Misaka to the Magicians and Index, so Railgun had a distinct advantage in that regard, but it also didn't include much of Misaka and Touma together and seemed kind of fluffy compared to Index. But then a lot of Index's serious stuff wasn't really all that great, and I wonder if part of the reason I initially dropped Index then went back to it after watching Railgun is that I had an easier time with dealing with the more absurd elements in Railgun than I initially did with dealing with the absurd elements in Index.
Actually come to think of it I think it might have been the tsundere tournament and Misaka that prompted me to finish the first season of Index.
BTW, does anyone thing that Touma's luck with girls really sucks considering that the two main ones who are interested in him are Index (who could really drive a person nuts) and Misaka (who has a tendency towards casually causing property damage)? Laughing

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sun 10 Oct 2010 - 6:06

Toumas luck with girls is like his luck with everything, BAD ! his Imagine breaker erases everything including gods blessings, so he only gets misfortune !
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 10 Oct 2010 - 15:39

Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai - Episode 02

I'm pretty sure I won't love this show, but I am also pretty sure I'm still going to enjoy watching it.

Autumn 2010 Anime Thread - Page 2 Kirino_Akihabara

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Sun 10 Oct 2010 - 16:36; edited 1 time in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sun 10 Oct 2010 - 15:56

going to give star driver Ep 2 a go,the first was well weird ,Galactic Pretty Boy ?
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 10 Oct 2010 - 16:35

Iron Man - Episode 02

Spoiler:

Don't think this one will be epic, either, but damn if it's not nicely animated and the action is fast and furious, so I'll keep watching.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Mon 11 Oct 2010 - 11:45; edited 1 time in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 10 Oct 2010 - 17:43

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru - Episode 01

Have to say that nothing really stood out for me and I'd be strongly inclined to move on except for one thing...

...Hotori Arashiyama.

I think I'm in love. On Cloud 9
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Sun 10 Oct 2010 - 18:39

Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (Episode 2): I was worried that this show was going to wear itself out quickly, but this episode was actually pretty funny. The bit with the waitress as the maid cafe deciding to go with "onii-chan" when the protagonist (who just came to keep an eye on his little sister) told her to just go with anything and the argument over the two different shows were particular highlights. The show still might run out of steam at some point, but it's not looking like an immediate threat right now.
Stardriver (Episode 2): I watched the first episode of this show, and my reaction to the second one is still something along the lines of "OMGWTF did I just watch?" The artwork and animation in this one is pretty impressive, but the characters and the story don't make a lot of sense. Or in other words: this show is a mess. But it's a fabulously pretty mess. Razz I think I'll stick with it for the time being.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 10 Oct 2010 - 21:28

Tantei Opera Milky Holmes - Episode 01

Can an OP animation give you diabetes?

This season's "Super Moe Spectacular", I imagine, I must admit it was pretty funny. And it had a Mio Sakamoto cameo:

Autumn 2010 Anime Thread - Page 2 Milky_Holmes
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 10 Oct 2010 - 21:58

Awinnell wrote:going to give star driver Ep 2 a go,the first was well weird ,Galactic Pretty Boy ?

I just watched the first episode and I too was like... Mio Says Wut?

The animation reminded me of another Bones project - Eureka Seven.

Nice ED theme, as well.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke is Good Sun 10 Oct 2010 - 22:20

Gundam 00: Awakening of the Trailblazer

I was lucky enough to catch it at the NYCC/NYAF clusterfuck. It seriously was getting better and better until that ending. I still like 00 however that movie made me feel like I was watching Macross Zero towards the end.

I give it the 8.5/10
Nuke is Good
Nuke is Good

Male

Forum Posts : 326

Fan of : Henrietta

Original Characters : Rc v1

Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Sun 10 Oct 2010 - 22:56

I take it you're making that comparison based on the WTF is going on ending of Macross Zero rather than it's awesome air combat sequences.

Speaking of Macross, the first Macross Frontier movie just came out on DVD in Japan a few days ago, so fansubs of it will hopefully be out soon. I'm thinking of posting my thoughts about it in this thread. I know I already have a thread that discusses some of the Macross stuff already, but that thread talks a lot about past Macross stuff and this is something current (well, sort of. The movie was technically in theaters in Japan last year).

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Sun 10 Oct 2010 - 23:04

I watched Millenium Actress for the first time tonight. While I'm not sure that slumping on the couch with a beer instilled in me exactly the sort of reflective character required to fully appreciate it (!), still I could enjoy a simple tale well-told - and the seuging works genuinely brilliantly. One which deserves its accolades, I feel.
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke is Good Mon 11 Oct 2010 - 0:30

Piero wrote:I take it you're making that comparison based on the WTF is going on ending of Macross Zero rather than it's awesome air combat sequences.

Honestly, it was both. The animation was superb and the events WTF.
Nuke is Good
Nuke is Good

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Mon 11 Oct 2010 - 2:23

I'll have to reserve judgement on the Gundam 00 movie until after I see it; there doesn't seem to be a fansub available right now.

That comment on Macross Zero was really more a defense of how awesome parts of Zero were than a criticism of the 00 movie. I'm not really sure if I should say much on my opinion of the Gundam 00 TV series since while I enjoyed it to a degree I'm also fairly critical of it for a number of reasons.

Iron Man (Episode 2): This show kicks ass. It's probably the show that gets my anticipation going the most this season. Though it probably has an advantage in not having a lot of competition -there really aren't many good action shows airing this season. Then again, there are rarely all that many good action anime series in one season, which may explain why I tend to be such a sucker for them.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by windfish55 Mon 11 Oct 2010 - 3:51

Piero wrote:Iron Man (Episode 2): This show kicks ass.
Yes. I just finished episode 2. The fights are epic. I thought Stark's Q Branch car was a little over the top,
Spoiler:
but this show is a lot of fun to watch.
windfish55
windfish55

Male

Forum Posts : 145

Fan of : Shonen Knife

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke is Good Mon 11 Oct 2010 - 14:48

Macross Frontier Film:

Friend of mine has the BluRay so we went to watch it. As Sheryl Nome fan I loved it, superior animation and Pink Monsoon might be my favorite song next to Diamond Crevasse to come from Sheryl.

Lol wut moments:
Shalon Apple

Alto has boobs? Oh wait thats someone else.

Now I hope to God that's Basara in that Red VF-1 in the trailer.
Nuke is Good
Nuke is Good

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 11 Oct 2010 - 14:56

There are multiple Blu-ray rips of the Macross Frontier movie out, so we should see a fan sub this week. I watched it while in Japan and found it overall to be impressive.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 11 Oct 2010 - 18:44

Otome Yōkai Zakuro - Episode 02

Still amusing, but essentially the same formula as Episode 01 in terms of scripting, so this could become a one-trick pony show...
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 11 Oct 2010 - 21:41

Yosuga no Sora - Episode 02

Still plenty of fan service in this episode, but they kept their clothes / underclothes on, so I didn't feel like I was watching Skinemax, er Cinemax Japan.

Definitely getting a Key vibe from this show in terms of the characters and the relationship set-up being laid down, though Akira Amatsume still needs a special sound or catch-phrase before she can achieve "Maximum Moe" like Ayu Tsukimiya in Kanon.

That being said, I need more than wet blouses and underwear if I'm going to stay with this show beyond Episode 3...
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 12 Oct 2010 - 15:23

Shinryaku! Ika Musume - Episode 02

Yeah, I think this one will end up being my favorite of the season. Yes Indeed
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Tue 12 Oct 2010 - 17:04

Kiskaloo wrote:Shinryaku! Ika Musume - Episode 02

Yeah, I think this one will end up being my favorite of the season. Yes Indeed

Favorite part:

Spoiler:
Totoum
Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Tue 12 Oct 2010 - 19:52

Saw a few new things yesterday when some friends came over to do a new shows of the season screening.

Fate/Star Night -Unlimited Blade Works: This movie has a lot of really gorgeous artwork and kick ass fight scenes. However, it's definitely made for people who have previous experience with the franchise, not newcomers. Even my brother was confused by a few bits and he's actually played some of F/SN.
Also, the bit where Archer is about to depart with an unconcious Rin and Saber asks "Where are you going?" and gets the reply "Where no one will bother me" got the whole group laughing since it came across as being so wrong.
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru: It's a lot more restrained than I've come to expect from a show done by SHAFT. It actually seemed relatively normal, although there was still random crap thrown in here and there.
Overall it seemed kind of okay, but not really all that great. It's kind of hard for a pretty average comedy to stand out in a season that's full of pretty average comedy shows.

Also watched the second episode of Yosuga no Sora today. Who else is hoping the show will live up to it's potential for being a gorgeously animated train wreck?

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Wed 13 Oct 2010 - 17:21

Kiskaloo wrote:Otome Yōkai Zakuro - Episode 02

Still amusing, but essentially the same formula as Episode 01 in terms of scripting, so this could become a one-trick pony show...

You might be right but Zakuro (lead female) is one really nice trick that might just make me continue to watch

About star driver,this is from an interview with the creators:

That is to say, I think the people around us were probably rather dubious about what Enokido and I were thinking about doing. Like, “what the hell are you thinking!?” I think it’ll probably take a while for them to understand what we’re going for.

They got that right Razz
Totoum
Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Wed 13 Oct 2010 - 17:59

Fate/Star Night -Unlimited Blade Works,just watched it,if you saw the series you've seen this film,its just the series condensed down with some dubious editing of the story,still the fight scenes were ok and no real fanservice shots either
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Wed 13 Oct 2010 - 18:42

Oh, but the entire movie is fanservice - for the fans. It follows the Unlimited Blade Works path of visual novel, and unfortunately couldn't do so very well in the time frame of a single film. The fights, though, were almost entirely accurate to the original, barring a few, and it was overall very faithful to the visual novel, even nearly replicating some CGs.

I'm still hoping for a Heaven's Feel OVA series, though.
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 Wed 13 Oct 2010 - 19:26

Yosuga no sora.

Well outfox recomended this one to me saying it had amazing art and a VN style.
I watched it and when I saw the siblings on the train I fully knew what to expect as I remembered a preview I had seen for it a while back. Its got great art and a style that seems to be agreeable with me.

Warning may contain nudity and was that incest?
tsundere9kagami2
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1075

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 Wed 13 Oct 2010 - 20:16

Update

Psychic Detective Yakumo (Episode 2)- Finally ditched after two episodes. Yakumo doesn't really change much in mood and the plot's still too formulaic.

Bakuman (Episode 2)- The show's back into mundane mode after the over-the-top confession at the end of episode one with the two leads finally getting what they needed to start up their manga. Feel a little more at ease to keep watching the series.

Squid Girl- I don't see what moe pandering does for comedy and having a girl with squid hair "tentacles" doing a planned invasion with pandering doesn't make me willing to watch.

The World God Only Knows- On the other hand, this series works well for the most part at poking fun of dating sim formulas considering male lead's a dating sim otaku making use of his knowledge of all the various games he has played as he finds himself having to deal with charming real girls for love to help a demon girl capture lost spirits.
Ggultra2764
Ggultra2764

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Fri 15 Oct 2010 - 2:52

Ggultra2764 wrote:Bakuman (Episode 2)- The show's back into mundane mode after the over-the-top confession at the end of episode one with the two leads finally getting what they needed to start up their manga. Feel a little more at ease to keep watching the series.

I'm telling you right now,there's going to be other over the top moments,this is from the writers of death note,they love over the top.

Ggultra2764 wrote:Squid Girl- I don't see what moe pandering does for comedy and having a girl with squid hair "tentacles" doing a planned invasion with pandering doesn't make me willing to watch.

I'm definatly not in this for the moe,girl could be clueless GAR guy and I'd still watch.

The World God Only Knows - episode 2

Girl really gets on my nerves but overall I enjoy it.....and dare I say that's a plot twist at the end?
And we had this conversation ealier about people being tired of seeing perverted characters having hot girl fall from the sky and not do anything,guess the main character here avoids this because of his interest in 2D girls only.
Totoum
Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 Fri 15 Oct 2010 - 4:14

Ggultra2764 wrote:
Squid Girl- I don't see what moe pandering does for comedy and having a girl with squid hair "tentacles" doing a planned invasion with pandering doesn't make me willing to watch.

Eh, I suppose I shouldn't heckle you if you actually gave it a chance but Shinryaku! Ika Musume isn't exactly what I would consider the pandering kind of moe. It's an oddball comedy that happens to have a cute monster girl as the lead character.

Also, I absolutely love the way this week's The World God Only Knows episode subverted the "the main character in a harem show won't live with his parents" gag.
0utf0xZer0
0utf0xZer0

Male

Forum Posts : 265

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 Fri 15 Oct 2010 - 10:26

Totoum wrote:I'm telling you right now,there's going to be other over the top moments,this is from the writers of death note,they love over the top.

I guess I'll find out for myself in the later episodes.

I'm definatly not in this for the moe,girl could be clueless GAR guy and I'd still watch.

This was the impression I had when I got through the first half of this show's first episode. Still, the character did enough at grating on my nerves when I watched the show and if she's supposed to be the central character for the show's comedic gags, then I'm not gonna hop on the bandwagon if I care less about Squid Girl's character.

Last edited by Ggultra2764 on Fri 15 Oct 2010 - 12:55; edited 1 time in total
Ggultra2764
Ggultra2764

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 15 Oct 2010 - 10:49

Ggultra2764 wrote:Squid Girl- I don't see what moe pandering does for comedy and having a girl with squid hair "tentacles" doing a planned invasion with pandering doesn't make me willing to watch.

Autumn 2010 Anime Thread - Page 2 Moe

Seriously, I love the show because when it is over, I am in a far more upbeat mood than when it started and I really value shows that can do that. Smile
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Fri 15 Oct 2010 - 22:10

Amagami SS (Episode 15): What the hell? Were there halucigens in whatever was being sprayed in that theme park attraction? There were things that happened in there that were just freaking weird.
Anyhow, one episode left with this girl's arc. I'm hoping the two remaining arcs will be better. The first two arcs of this show were quite good but these middle two have seemed pretty lacklustre in comparison (though I expected that with one of them because the girl in question was so shy). They don't seem to be as effective and they contain ridiculous stuff that makes it hard for me to suspend my disbelief. Considering that one of the strengths of the early arcs of this show was that they seemed a bit more real than was typical for shows of this genre, that's a bit of a problem.
To Aru Majutsu no Index II (Episode 2): Index seems to indulge just about every otaku fetish out there in some form or another. As this episode showed, this is not always to the show's benefit. The plotline wasn't actually too bad (although I generally prefer the ESPer focused storylines) but there was too much stuff that happened that was stupid and purile. I'm not necessarily one to object to fan servicey humour, but when it works as poorly as it did in this episode maybe it's best to leave it out.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Sat 16 Oct 2010 - 7:41

Panty & Stocking 3

The first part had me thinking that it was surprisingly normal or that I was just getting used to the weirdness

Then the 2nd part made me go "nope,this show is still as fucked up as ever",reminded me a bit of some oldschool woody allen cranked up to 11

Spoiler:
Totoum
Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 16 Oct 2010 - 8:34

Totoum wrote:Panty & Stocking 3

The first part had me thinking that it was surprisingly normal or that I was just getting used to the weirdness

Then the 2nd part made me go "nope,this show is still as fucked up as ever",reminded me a bit of some oldschool woody allen cranked up to 11

Yeah, they really went off the deep end with this one. Which is saying something for this show.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 Sat 16 Oct 2010 - 12:45

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works:

Only thing I've watched so far this season, and well, in spite of not reading the visual novel (Mac user, what's your excuse), I understood the plot reasonably well, although I must say Shirou really gets ripped off in the anime and the movie:

Shirou Emiya wrote:Bullshit! I was promised an H-scene. Instead I get a CGI dragon and the bastard child of a flashback and an acid trip.

Also, Tohsaka is tsundere as usual:
Autumn 2010 Anime Thread - Page 2 Compla11
SPARTAN 119
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Sat 16 Oct 2010 - 16:00

Psychic Detective Yakumo

This needs to be licenced in the states and have the dub be the "spiritual sequel" of "ghost stories".
Totoum
Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Sun 17 Oct 2010 - 6:18

Kuragehime - jellyfish princess

Take a Moe show , replace moeblobs with nerds and you get Kuragehime.....which might just be my favorite show so far.

You can even play a game with the OP: how many movie references do you recognise?

Totoum
Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sun 17 Oct 2010 - 8:10

Totoum wrote:Kuragehime - jellyfish princess

Take a Moe show , replace moeblobs with nerds and you get Kuragehime.....which might just be my favorite show so far.

You can even play a game with the OP: how many movie references do you recognise?

Stoked about Singin' in the Rain being in there... will have to check it out.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 17 Oct 2010 - 11:27

Totoum wrote:Kuragehime - jellyfish princess

This show was not on my radar, but after that OP, I shall download the first episode. Good
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Sun 17 Oct 2010 - 16:22

Totoum wrote:Panty & Stocking 3

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Sun 17 Oct 2010 - 17:58

Few updates here. The anime gathering my brother has been organising have really helped broaden my horizons a bit this season.

Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls(Episodes One and Two):
I’d actually deliberately steered clear of this one to some degree, but in the end I actually did end up watching it. If you can live with the ridiculous premise, massive amounts of gratuitous fan service, massive amounts of obtrusive censoring, awful costuming, and the stunningly historically offensive “Great Japan” spiel that was hopefully meant as parody, then it’s actually a pretty darn good show. The first episode seemed like it was sort of “so bad it’s good” but as of the second episode I think maybe I can drop the “so bad” part. Yeah, it indulges the hell out of an entire crapload of anime clichés, but it does so knowingly and in my opinion rather effectively. Add some nice artwork and animation to the entertainment value and you actually have a pretty good show, albeit not one for people who are easily offended by ridiculous fan service.
Kuragehime (Episode One): There were some parts that were actually fairly good, but overall it seemed to be another addition to the large number of so-so comedy shows that are airing this season, so it didn’t stand out all that much.
Stardriver (Episode Three): This show is fabulously pretty and entertaining, but also massively ridiculous. Although I get the impression that to some degree the creators may intend for it to be taken seriously, especially since the main writer for this series also worked on Utena, which I also had trouble taking seriously despite the fact that it was apparently meant to be taken seriously. Oh well, at least it’s rather entertaining (in spite of the fact that it share’s its predecessor’s tendency towards being repetitive).
The World God Only Knows (Episodes One and Two): I finally got convinced to take a look at this, and it actually is pretty funny with its dating sim parodies. Probably about the best part was when the demon girl introduced herself to the protagonist’s mom by claiming to be her husband’s illegitimate daughter. Laughing Anyway, this show is darn funny and hopefully it’ll stay that way.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Sun 17 Oct 2010 - 18:26

The World God Only Knows is promising to be quite good.

Didya catch the Peanuts reference in the animation at the beginning of Episode 2? Right before the OP
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content