Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Films Everything

+48
JameyoftheMegacosmos
tremec6speed
theprodigalson
Entropy
Social Welfare Nation
ChaosKin640
124C41
FearTheLASERFACE
Officer_Charon
MP5
Professor Voodoo
DaGuyEvery1Knows
Five_X
Nuke is Good
Toma-kun
MikhailN
Alfisti
mara
hydra282
maverick375
emperor
Probit Return
akaciparaci
Robert Frazer
Totoum
Sakura
Cherubino
destroyer
rusty-spring
Piero
LoC978
West Nile
Ggultra2764
tsundere9kagami2
Kiskaloo
boomer_gonz
ElfenMagix
Wileama
Whatface
Danjo3
TTIO
sasahara17
Nachtsider
Tommygunner70
Triela
Awinnell
Triela-Chan
Rico-chan
52 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Films Everything - Page 10 Empty Re: Films Everything

Post by MikhailN Tue 8 Sep 2009 - 10:11

I took a class at uni for fun Smile It's basically studying history through film. So we'll study something about history, say, the changing American perception of the Wild West. Then we'll have a movie marathon of Shane, The Magnificent Seven, Unforgiven and Brokeback Mountain

Good movies, all of them. If you're in the mood for a good Western, these are the ones to go for

MikhailN

Forum Posts : 583

Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Tue 8 Sep 2009 - 12:57

maverick375 wrote:Just watched "The Defender" with Dolph Lundgren and Jerry Springer (yes, I said Jerry). If you're a sadist for B-movies, this one's on your hit-list, if you can find a copy.
I'm an absolute sucker for B-movies, I might check this out. I've heard of it, but couldn't get over the Jerry Springer bit. Films Everything - Page 10 Icon_razz

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Forum Posts : 1380

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 8 Sep 2009 - 18:28

Brokeback Mountain a Western? lolwut?

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5722

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 8 Sep 2009 - 18:29

Nachtsider wrote:Brokeback Mountain a Western? lolwut?

Eric Cartman called it when he noted that "all independent films are gay cowboys eating pudding".

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Tue 8 Sep 2009 - 18:32

I thought all indie films were emo dramas (which actually "Breakdance Fountain" might be categorized). Films Everything - Page 10 Icon_razz

I'll admit it, I don't particularly like independant films. Not sure why, but I just don't. I'm much more a summer blockbuster, popcorn flick kinda dude. I like my EXPLOSIONS and GIANT ROBOTS. *Fist bumps Michael "The Explosionator" Bay*

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke is Good Tue 8 Sep 2009 - 20:12

I saw Antichrist starring William Defoe.....what an awful film.

Nuke is Good

Forum Posts : 326

Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Wed 9 Sep 2009 - 0:39

rusty-spring wrote:I thought all indie films were emo dramas (which actually "Breakdance Fountain" might be categorized). Films Everything - Page 10 Icon_razz

I'll admit it, I don't particularly like independant films. Not sure why, but I just don't. I'm much more a summer blockbuster, popcorn flick kinda dude. I like my EXPLOSIONS and GIANT ROBOTS. *Fist bumps Michael "The Explosionator" Bay*

Films Everything - Page 10 24588410

Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Forum Posts : 2131

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Wed 9 Sep 2009 - 2:27

Uggh... emo mecha show leads.

I knew Kaname wasn't the only reason I liked Full Metal Panic. Sousuke, Kurz you guys rock! Thank you for not being emo losers!

Alto Saotome from Macross Frontier is pretty cool too, the fact that people mistake him for a girl notwithstanding. He may be a bit whiny sometimes, but he's not at an emo level with it.

Speaking of which, what's more humiliating, being beaten by a girl, or being beaten by a guy who looks like a girl? Films Everything - Page 10 684325

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Wed 9 Sep 2009 - 2:32

...being thoroughly beaten, horribly maimed, and left alive by an eight-year-old girl in what you thought was a battle to the death.

also, on the subject of westerns...

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Forum Posts : 2628

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 18 Sep 2009 - 10:07

Considering this board's love of zombies, have to say I'm surprised nobody mentioned:

Totoum
Totoum

Male

Forum Posts : 480

Fan of : claes

Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 9 Oct 2009 - 1:37

so I was drinkin' and lookin' for a laugh tonight (preferably at someone dying humorously, it was one of those moods)... so I popped in something I haven't seen in awhile (In Bruges) 'cause I remember it as a dark comedy... and damn if the characters didn't get me a little emotional at times.
Mind you, I'm a lot closer to sober than the last time I saw it, but... I guess I just didn't notice how believable, not over-the-top and not hollywood the characters were.
Wonderful movie. Recommended to anyone who is even a little desensitized to graphic violence (errr... also, you should probably at least consider yourself to be an adult before viewing it).

also, as far as I can tell, this movie spawned a meme
this is an extra on the DVD

favorite scene:
*opening for a first date involving Ray(main character) and Chloe(recently introduced... interest of said main character), at a halfway decent, some would say "fancy" restaurant*
Chloe: "So what do you do, Raymond?"
Ray: (being in a black humor, and answering honestly... expecting correctly not to be believed): "I... shoot people for money."
Chloe: (laughs) What kinds of people?
Ray: Priests, children. Y'know, the usual.
Chloe: Is there a lot of money to be made in that line of business?
Ray (answering honestly again) There is in priests. There isn't in children.
Chloe: (being somewhat honest in the same way Ray was)I sell cocaine and heroin to Belgian film crews.
Ray: do you?
Chloe: (looks down at herself)do I... look like I do?
Ray: ...you do actually.
Chloe: (laughs out loud)
Ray: do I... look like I shoot people?
Chloe: ...no... just children.
(Ray pulls the classic "I'm trying to look amused but I feel like you just stabbed me in the gut" look... and takes a gulp of wine...and changes the subject)
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Toma-kun Thu 15 Oct 2009 - 0:10

I caught Howl's Moving Castle on IFC HD tonight and man, was it a visually arresting film. I'm not a huge Hayao Miyazaki fan, but I remember hearing a ton of hype for this back in the day and combined with the allure of HD, I just had to experience it for myself.

It's not quite as deliberate and powerful as Princess Mononoke (the only other Miyazaki film I've seen), but it makes up for it with sheer whimsical delight and a touch of political commentary. It's worth seeing it just for the eye candy and if you've got any younger siblings, it's definitely something they would enjoy tremendously.
Toma-kun
Toma-kun

Male

Forum Posts : 134

Fan of : GSG, Boogiepop

Comments : Has a luck stat of 1.

Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Thu 15 Oct 2009 - 1:30

saw the trailer for "Carriers" it's got a Left 4 Dead feel to it, u people in america have watched it? how is it?
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sat 24 Oct 2009 - 13:48

Well, it looks like Dreamworks version of a Ghost in the Shell is an official go after cult screenwriter Laeta Kalogridis has officially been hired to write the damn thing.

Personally I would rather it be handled by Legendary Pictures, written by Paul Anderson, directed by Zack Snyder, and with the role of The Major being played by Milla Jovovich.

But, meh, what can you do.

EDIT: Not sure if he still does physical roles, but Dolph Lundgren with some S/E contacts would make an awesome Batou especially next to Milla Jovovich playing Major Kusanagi and for some reason I can't get Patrick Stewart as Director Aramaki out of my head. Why Patrick Stewart? Because Mako ain't around anymore, that's why.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 23:19

Just finished Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

Certainly one of the shittiest movies I have ever seen, and I'd be willing to cover a bet that said it was one of the shittiest of all time.

Off the top of my head, the only thing worse I can think of is Driven. I saw that one on an airplane and it was so bad I tried to leave the theater. Wink
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura Sun 1 Nov 2009 - 0:27

Hehe...that makes me feel better I didn't waste my time watching the latest Transformers on the plane.

On the plane rides I caught up on a number of movies: Star Trek, Terminator Salvation, Angels and Demons, The Taking of Pelham 123, and a Japanese baseball movie called Rookies. I have to say of all of those I liked Star Trek the most. Films Everything - Page 10 Icon_razz
Sakura
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Forum Posts : 472

Fan of : Penguins, Pancake Bunny

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Toma-kun Sun 1 Nov 2009 - 1:19

Kiskaloo wrote:Just finished Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

Certainly one of the shittiest movies I have ever seen, and I'd be willing to cover a bet that said it was one of the shittiest of all time.

Off the top of my head, the only thing worse I can think of is Driven. I saw that one on an airplane and it was so bad I tried to leave the theater. Wink

I thought I was the only one that thought Transformers sucked and I can't believe they managed to make such a pointless movie 2+ hours long. I didn't even want to rent it, but my little brother kept pestering me about it so I got it anyway. I don't even want to be in the same room while he watches it. Very Happy
Toma-kun
Toma-kun

Male

Forum Posts : 134

Fan of : GSG, Boogiepop

Comments : Has a luck stat of 1.

Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sun 1 Nov 2009 - 8:37

Toma-kun wrote:

I thought I was the only one that thought Transformers sucked and I can't believe they managed to make such a pointless movie 2+ hours long. I didn't even want to rent it, but my little brother kept pestering me about it so I got it anyway. I don't even want to be in the same room while he watches it. Very Happy

Michael Bay prolly got pissed that everybody compared his "epic masterpiece" (no shit, I heard him call it that in an interview)to an animated feature made over two decades ago.

So he somehow manages to get the directing job for the sequel even though the first was average. Satisfyingly average, but still average nonetheless when the whole special effects buzz wears off.

I have seen people not even familiar with the franchise tear and choke up when Optimus 'dies' in the old animated feature. In Revenge of the Fallen; nope, not a tear; not even a whimper. In fact, it only got a 'meh'. And the Fallen; exactly where in the hell did that shit come up? The first time I heard that I thought, 'Are you fucking kidding me? He couldn't just resurrect Megatron or recycle Unicron, oh no. He had to get quite possibly the most obscure character in the entire Transformer's universe.'

Well, except maybe Jazz, who just happens to have a habit of dying...a lot. Sorries, if this seems like a rant. Just venting at the raping of my childhood.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Sun 1 Nov 2009 - 9:02

On a different note, I finally saw Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood. I have to say that it was one of the most heart-warming films I've ever seen.::cries:

Maybe the ending was not the way I envisioned it, but given the 90+minute class in ethnic slurs (I'm sure Webster called Eastwood and wondered where a few came from), the humor of the crotchety old man, and the fact that you actually feel something resembling emotion during it, I can excuse the ending. Great film!!
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sun 1 Nov 2009 - 9:48

boomer_gonz wrote:

I have seen people not even familiar with the franchise tear and choke up when Optimus 'dies' in the old animated feature. In Revenge of the Fallen; nope, not a tear; not even a whimper. In fact, it only got a 'meh'. And the Fallen; exactly where in the hell did that shit come up? The first time I heard that I thought, 'Are you fucking kidding me? He couldn't just resurrect Megatron or recycle Unicron, oh no. He had to get quite possibly the most obscure character in the entire Transformer's universe.'

Well, except maybe Jazz, who just happens to have a habit of dying...a lot. Sorries, if this seems like a rant. Just venting at the raping of my childhood.

To be honest... I laughed myself silly when Optimus died in Revenge of the Fallen, not through any dislike of Optimus, but simply because all I could think of the time was "You got the touch! You got the PO-WAH!"
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 1 Nov 2009 - 12:11

Toma-kun wrote:

I was thankful for the Blu-Ray because I could fast-forward through most of it (and slo-mo the early shots of Megan Fox at the Bike Shop). If I had actually been forced to sit through all 2.5 hours of it, I'd likely have stabbed my eyes out with a pen somewhere around the end of the first hour.

boomer_gonz wrote:I have seen people not even familiar with the franchise tear and choke up when Optimus 'dies' in the old animated feature. In Revenge of the Fallen; nope, not a tear; not even a whimper. In fact, it only got a 'meh'.

I still vividly remember the trauma of the kids in the theater for the animated Transformers movie when Prime died. Hell, the whole first third of that movie was nothing but trauma considering the wholescale slaughter of the Autobots.

And the Fallen; exactly where in the hell did that shit come up? He had to get quite possibly the most obscure character in the entire Transformer's universe.

At first I thought he was a Quintessa guardsman from the animated movie and I was like:
WTF?
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Sun 1 Nov 2009 - 14:50

Sakura wrote:Hehe...that makes me feel better I didn't waste my time watching the latest Transformers on the plane.

On the plane rides I caught up on a number of movies: Star Trek, Terminator Salvation, Angels and Demons, The Taking of Pelham 123, and a Japanese baseball movie called Rookies. I have to say of all of those I liked Star Trek the most. Films Everything - Page 10 Icon_razz
Singapore Airlines Films Everything - Page 10 Icon_wink ?

I finally watched Stephen King´s Rose Red (at my 4th attempt) and was dissapointed to see that my favourite character died.... still I´m scared of going into our cellar now.........
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire

Original Characters : ääähm...

Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sun 1 Nov 2009 - 15:00

thats the same list of movies that BA has this month
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Sun 1 Nov 2009 - 15:11

Kiskaloo wrote:Michael Bay couldn't even blow up a city in Armageddon. Roland Emmerich blows up continents in 2012.

Ever wondered what a Magnitude 10,000 quake would look like?

Mind you, when you really want to blow shit up, if you can find them, call The A-Team.

Having been in three years of Geology classes, I laughed. Hard. None of what happened there makes any logical sense! California wouldn't sink into the ocean, that's physically impossible! More likely, the ocean would sink into California. The whole landmass would move forward, not to the side. Plus, the Arnie impersonator wasn't even trying. I can do a better job than that!
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 4 Nov 2009 - 22:04

Just finished GI: Joe - The Rise of Cobra.

It was better than Megaforce, I'll give it that...
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 4 Nov 2009 - 23:05

I saw Zombieland last week.

I don't know what else to say except...I still want a Twinkie after seeing that movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico-chan Mon 9 Nov 2009 - 13:17

Okay I have a new favorite Anime serie Zombie-loan that is so good

And it is so funny
Rico-chan
Rico-chan

Female

Forum Posts : 169

Fan of : Rico, Triela and Angelica because I think Angelica have a nice smile

Original Characters : Mel (is a short form for Melanie)

Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Tue 10 Nov 2009 - 23:46

Rico-chan wrote:Okay I have a new favorite Anime serie Zombie-loan that is so good

And it is so funny

Too bad the they had budget problems which means the animation looks terrible and they couldn't make 26 episodes like they first wanted to,but there's still the manga!

Harry potter deleted scenes never really interested me,but I really wish they had kept this in the last movie,i'm playing it over and over again:

Totoum
Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Wed 11 Nov 2009 - 11:05

Totoum wrote:
I really wish they had kept this in the last movie,i'm playing it over and over again
You´re right they should have kept it in it! It´s beautiful! and the best about it is : Snape is in it ^0^ They should have put more Snape-scenes into the movie....
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire

Original Characters : ääähm...

Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 11 Nov 2009 - 11:18

They were idiots to cut that scene.

And yes, after the disappointment of Order of the Phoenix, I was very pleased to see how they pulled off Half-Blood Prince.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sun 15 Nov 2009 - 14:26

As some of you may know, I saw 2012 on Friday. Personally I wanted to go back home, visit some friends, and see Boondock Saints 2 while I was at it; but I promised one of my neighbors I'd go see it with her. Damn, and I really wanted to go back home if only for a day.

All in all, it was a very okay movie. John Cusack, Woody Harrelson, and Danny Glover deliver A-plus performances as always and personally I don't think anybody else could've pulled off the character of Charlie. The rest of the movie was the typical weekend fare with nothing new to really add to the action-suspense sub-genre.

Excellent action, excellent special effects; but I really wanted to see more of the global conspiracy sub-plot play out. It's a weekend movie worthy of an occasional rental, but I must say it will not get an honored place in my bookcase collection. Now...about Boondock Saints 2...
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 15 Nov 2009 - 14:47

As with just about any movie that doesn't have the words "Harry Potter" or "PIXAR" in the title, 2012 will be a DVD rental for me.

Speaking of DVD rentals, saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Didn't think they could make an X-Men movie more disappointing then X-3, but color me wrong.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sun 15 Nov 2009 - 15:13

Kiskaloo wrote:As with just about any movie that doesn't have the words "Harry Potter" or "PIXAR" in the title, 2012 will be a DVD rental for me.

Speaking of DVD rentals, saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Didn't think they could make an X-Men movie more disappointing then X-3, but color me wrong.

True enough. I'm trying to avoid at least RedBoxing that movie, but it's sitting on my Jinni recommendations list(prolly because I rated X-1, X-2, Spidey 1, and Spidey 2 fairly high) and it won't go away.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 21 Nov 2009 - 14:21

Just caught the last 20 minutes of Judge Dredd on TV - gads what a shitastic movie. If the last 20 minutes was this terrible, I shudder to think what the rest of it looks like.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sat 21 Nov 2009 - 15:39

See, they ruined it!!

Fergie was played down as a bumbling sidekick instead of the hard-headed ne'er-do-well with balls big enough to take a baseball bat(I think, could've been a broken cricket mallet)to Dredd's dome and live to tell about it...for a while.

Judge Hershey was played down as nothing more than sassy eye-candy(although it was the 90's after all). And to top it all off...WHERE THE HELL IS JUDGE ANDERSON!

Stallone overplayed and overacted the Dredd role although considering the canon he had to work with, it would be hard not to. Personally, I think if he's gonna be overplayed and over acted, go big(literally) and call Dolph Lundgren or Brian Bosworth or actually both.

There was no reason to spend the high price for Stallone's and Assante's respective mugs (and their stunt doubles) when the producers could've had one or both for half the price(hell, they even look more alike than Stallone and Assante) and that money could've been used for scriptwriters that were actually familiar with the material instead of reading through the Cliff's Notes of the series.

Sorry for the rant, but I get this way when cinema butchers good literature. Yes, I considered good comic books and manga to be good literature.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 22 Nov 2009 - 8:57

^ Full agreement with Boom-Boom - especially that last bit.

If anyone ought to handle a proper Judge Dredd movie, it should be Ridley Scott - Bladerunner dystopia style. Not too late to make that happen. Make Pat Mills proud.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 22 Nov 2009 - 13:21

They should have called it Judge Dread - that would have better prepared me for this film.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 24 Nov 2009 - 23:58

Finally saw the original The Italian Job. Good fun.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Wed 25 Nov 2009 - 6:17

Finally saw the new Star Trek. As a recovering trekkie, I have to say that the continuity issues are irking, but not really something that takes away from the movie. It's not like it's the first time the franchise has used time travel as a plot point/crutch.

Props to Karl Urban, who started off a bit shaky as McCoy, but nailed the character down quickly and perfectly. The guy must have spent hours in the mirror to get DeForrest Kelley's facial expressions just right, and the cynicism was just right. Of all of the characters, he was the closest to the original.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 25 Nov 2009 - 10:42

maverick375 wrote:Finally saw the new Star Trek. As a recovering trekkie, I have to say that the continuity issues are irking, but not really something that takes away from the movie. It's not like it's the first time the franchise has used time travel as a plot point/crutch.

I really think it would have worked better as a pure reboot of the franchise, but I must admit that they did a believable job of using time travel to set it in an alternate universe from the one that the "original" franchise happened in.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Sat 12 Dec 2009 - 15:39

omg,i'll see this the day it comes out,i'll probably regret it but I don't care

Totoum
Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 12 Dec 2009 - 16:08

I'll be sure to miss it! Smile
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Sat 12 Dec 2009 - 23:15

I suggest everyone watch Inglourious Basterds. Films Everything - Page 10 Icon_razz Best WW2 movie I've seen in a while.
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Back to top Go down

Post by MikhailN Tue 15 Dec 2009 - 1:54

Hearing the critics rave about The Hurt Locker, I decided to give it a shot.

Initially I expected to see your typical American war movie - tough talking, rough guys, heroism, evil Iraqi/Vietnamese/German... you know, the usual stuff when you watch movies like Rambo, Saving Private Ryan or Platoon. This movie, however, takes a completely different approach. A must-watch.
MikhailN
MikhailN

Male

Forum Posts : 583

Fan of : Triela

Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by hydra282 Tue 15 Dec 2009 - 13:45

I watched Shattered Glass on IFC yesterday. I really liked it.
If you like Hayden Christensen from Star Wars, then you might want to see him as a magazine article writer who is found out to be writing lies.
hydra282
hydra282
Flower Spirit

Male

Forum Posts : 358

Fan of : Henrietta! Beatrice! Elsa!

Original Characters : Zaron + Josie +

Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 24 Dec 2009 - 14:42

Was finally able to see The Girl Who Leapt Through Time [時をかける少女] last night.

A+. 11/10.

One of the most brilliant and beautiful animated films I have ever seen. Ranks right up there with Miyazaki's and Shinkai's works in my "Anime Masterpieces". The studios who did the background art are worthy of working on a Studio Ghibli production. Some of the character animation was from the SHAFT School of Suckage, but I forgive it. I'm crushed there is no US Blu-ray release, but the Japanese one is only about $75 so I'm picking it up and ordering the US Limited Edition DVD set.

We're going to watch Summer Wars [サマーウォーズ] today, and I can't wait.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 24 Dec 2009 - 17:54

Summer Wars [サマーウォーズ] - A very different film in style and story, but no less brilliant. A-. 9/10.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Thu 24 Dec 2009 - 18:49

Well,what a coincidence,I was just about to post this trailer for a 2010 live action "the girl who leapt through time" adaptation

Not sure how it will turn out,since it's the same concept but not the same plot,the actress who played makoto is also the lead in this one and that's a big plus in my book!
Totoum
Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 24 Dec 2009 - 19:13

Hmm... Japanese Live Action adaptions don't seem to go well, but with the original seiyuu playing the same role, I'll definitely catch it.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next