Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Films Everything

+48
JameyoftheMegacosmos
tremec6speed
theprodigalson
Entropy
Social Welfare Nation
ChaosKin640
124C41
FearTheLASERFACE
Officer_Charon
MP5
Professor Voodoo
DaGuyEvery1Knows
Five_X
Nuke is Good
Toma-kun
MikhailN
Alfisti
mara
hydra282
maverick375
emperor
Probit Return
akaciparaci
Robert Frazer
Totoum
Sakura
Cherubino
destroyer
rusty-spring
Piero
LoC978
West Nile
Ggultra2764
tsundere9kagami2
Kiskaloo
boomer_gonz
ElfenMagix
Wileama
Whatface
Danjo3
TTIO
sasahara17
Nachtsider
Tommygunner70
Triela
Awinnell
Triela-Chan
Rico-chan
52 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Films Everything - Page 9 Empty Re: Films Everything

Post by Nachtsider Wed 15 Jul 2009 - 11:54

You won't be disappointed, Boomer. Public Enemies is an amazing film - Michael Mann's best since Heat.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5722

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Wed 15 Jul 2009 - 12:53

AWESOMEZ!!!

cheers head bang :dance:

boomer_gonz

Forum Posts : 2574

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Wed 15 Jul 2009 - 15:20

Kiskaloo wrote:I went to the midnight screening of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - along with about 2000 high school girls.

Loved it as I love all of the HP films. It didn't seem rushed like The Order of the Phoenix did, but it actually wasn't as dark of a film. It's actually rather full of levity and the acting is great.

And Bonnie Wright's Ginny Weasley... On Cloud 9

Loved it too,the book was lighter so it makes sense that the movie was lighter.
The really amazing thing is that it barely followed the book but all the original scenes were good.

Totoum

Forum Posts : 480

Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Wed 15 Jul 2009 - 15:52

I saw Public Enemies as well, I found it enjoyable enough. Probably not my favorite Mann movie, but it was good.

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Forum Posts : 1380

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jul 2009 - 22:16

I saw HP6, too, and I loved it - there were things I would've done differently, but most of the new stuff they added in was good stuff.

Snape being the Half-Blood Prince wasn't played up enough. It's the
title of the movie, for heaven's sake. It was just sort of...tacked on
as an afterthought. I also think there was a little too much stalker!Lavender. It was funny, but once the audience understood she's a psycho there wasn't need to keep playing it up.

Regardless, it was a good movie, and...the trailers! I'm so excited for 9 and The Princess and the Frog it's not even funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 15 Jul 2009 - 22:20

TwistedRose wrote:I'm so excited for 9 and The Princess and the Frog it's not even funny.

So am I. :dance:

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by mara Thu 16 Jul 2009 - 6:59

Films Everything - Page 9 Hitgirlmagnumforce......she looks familiar...

mara

Forum Posts : 42

Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 16 Jul 2009 - 7:11

Nah, no go.

Nachtsider

Forum Posts : 5722

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by mara Thu 16 Jul 2009 - 9:04

Allineare, but they did steal her style. We just have to wait for the movie on the 22nd.

mara

Forum Posts : 42

Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Thu 16 Jul 2009 - 13:08

I was in the HP-Preview yesterday and... what can i say... It was cool ^_______^ ! I liked it a lot more than the 5th movie but I hated that they took out so many scences which were in the book (I wonder how thy´re going to do the 7th movie.... Puzzled ) and that it was so much about relationships and I imagined Slughorn a lot different and didn´t get the beginning but there were many Snape-scenes in it so I was happy ^0^
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire

Original Characters : ääähm...

Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 16 Jul 2009 - 13:18

The Deathly Hollows will be filmed as two separate movies released a year apart just so they can get in as much of the book as possible.

I can't quite decide if I like The Half Blood Prince more than The Order of Phoenix. I will admit that The Order of the Phoenix deeply disappointed me because of all the stuff they cut out of the book that I wanted to see. And it didn't help it was the shortest of the films in terms of run-time (if even only three minutes less than my favorite film - The Prisoner of Azkaban). So many of my favorite characters (Mad-Eye Moody, Lupin, Tonks) were in the book and none of them were in the movie for more than a few seconds. And while it had plenty of Luna Lovegood goodness (Evanna Lynch = On Cloud 9), we didn't see her roaring lion hat and "Weasley is Our King". Chamber of Secrets and Goblet of Fire were both ~20 minutes longer, after all, so there was precedent to let Order of the Phoenix run close to three hours to get the story in.

Half-Blood Prince did address some of this, since we do get to see Luna's lion hat and a bit more Lupin and Tonks. Still, overall the movie was much lighter than the middle three and I really like the dark movies more. So I think this will come in #4 on my list behind Azkaban, Goblet and OoTF.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Films Everything - Page 9 Empty Ghost Stories: The Best Anime Dubbing Job Ever!

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 16 Jul 2009 - 20:07

I have to give a shout-out to rusty-spring for recommending the ADV dub of the anime Ghost Stories.

The show is a decade old and about as interesting as watching paint dry in Japanese (or with English subtitles). ADV evidently knew this, and therefore commissioned Steven Foster to write the greatest dub in the history of American anime production. It follows the general gist of the story, but in a comedic way that is absolutely hilarious. I was laughing my ass off at what Fabulous Subs did to Element Hunters, but this is on an entirely different level.

I don't know how many, if any, of you are familiar with a group called "Pinesalad Productions" (named after episode 18 of the original Macross TV series), but when I listen to this dub, I am reminded of Pam Buck, Missy Wilson and all the rest of them and the silliness they did ("The Dirty Pair Duz Dishes", "The Revenge of B.D." and other classics).

I so recommend the rental. Show it to friends. Throw a party. It will be a blast. I'm ripping them all now to show at Comic Con next week.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Thu 16 Jul 2009 - 21:25; edited 1 time in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jul 2009 - 20:33