Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Times

+21
taerKitty
Vett
Il Direttore
Deathly-Hallows
ElfenMagix
Cherubino
John_234
tremec6speed
Robert Frazer
Sintendo
ChaosKin640
Awinnell
Professor Voodoo
rusty-spring
Officer_Charon
Alfisti
Five_X
Nachtsider
MP5
Triela
Kiskaloo
25 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

TV Times - Page 7 Empty Re: TV Times

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 25 Nov 2015 - 22:35

In about 12 hours it will be time to kick off my annual MST3K Turkey Day Marathon (I am already picking the episodes) and as they did last year, Shout Factory will be streaming their own TDM on their YouTube channel and other streaming media sources.

But even better, MST3K is coming back! Series creator Joel Hodgson has launched a successful KickStarter campaign to produce between 3 and 12 new episodes. There will be a new cast, with Jonah Ray from The Nerdist taking the role of host and Felicia Day looks to have agreed to be the next member of the Forrester Family - Clayton's daughter Kinga Forrester. On Cloud 9 Rounding out the new cast are comedians Hampton Yount and Baron Vaughn as the next voices of Crow T. Robot and Tom Servo.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 1 Dec 2015 - 5:18

*snicker

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5880

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Tue 1 Dec 2015 - 16:26

....That was the funniest thing I've seen all month.
XD

Also, having a Dalek as a home security sounds pretty badass.

boomer_gonz

Forum Posts : 2574

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 18 May 2016 - 7:33

James May: The Reassembler. Watching James May potter around in a shed, drinking tea and slowly putting something back together is one of the most therapeutic things to watch I think I have ever seen. Sort of the BBC live action equivalent of ARIA or Flying Witch...

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 5 Jul 2016 - 8:34

Probably not to the surprise to anyone who bothered to watch any of Season 23, Chris Evans has resigned as the lead presenter of BBC's Top Gear with the conclusion of the final episode of the season on Sunday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/statements/top-gear-statement

I expect Chris Harris will be promoted to replace him, though I'd like to see them bring Rory, as well, and go back to the three-man team of the Clarkson/Hammond/May Era.

In other news, the second-longest Top Gear spinoff, the American version, has been cancelled by The History Channel with the end of Season Six last Tuesday. Which is unfortunate as the show has been quite good for the past few seasons. Hopefully the BBC will find a new home for it with another network.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 20 Jan 2017 - 18:03

So I see the second season of Voltron: Legendary Defender has landed on Netflix. So add that one to the list once I finish burning through The Crown (which is excellent).

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 29 Apr 2017 - 12:37

I am literally at least a full year or more behind on my anime (I think I may have shows from 2015 in my Crunchyroll queue), but I am clearing my schedule every week for Re:Creators.

Sota Mizushino is a young high school student and anime fan who dreams of writing his own light novel. While looking to the anime adaptation of the mecha light novel Elemental Symphony of Vogelchevalier for inspiration, the iPad he is watching it on sputters and drags him into the anime's world. After it sputters again, Sota returns to his world, but ends up dragging the anime's character Selesia along with him. They soon discover that seven other characters from different stories and forms of media are being brought together for a battle royale, and must align with their Creators to survive. This leads Selesia and a RPG NPC named Meteora to side with Sota in the hopes of using his knowledge of them to their benefit, and find a way to return to their worlds.

Was not planning to watch it, but ANN's reviewers universally praised the opening episode so I gave it a shot. It is an original anime from Black Lagoon manga creator Rei Hiroe and three episodes in, I'm pretty much hooked.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Tue 6 Jun 2017 - 15:12; edited 1 time in total

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Sat 29 Apr 2017 - 12:54

He better not bust that phone...

Thescarredman

Forum Posts : 2226

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 1 May 2017 - 6:12

I had trouble with the concept as described for Re:Creators, but may need to give it another shot.

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 22 May 2017 - 5:56

Speaking of new anime, picked up Alice & Zouroku on a whim. Only managed the first episode so far (ran 45mins) but, on the evidence of that, it seems really rather good. Normally I struggle through the first episode of anything and have to keep reminding myself to give it a chance to get going, but this I sat right through without losing interest, pausing it, or feeling like I should be doing something else, which is damn near unheard of.
TV Times - Page 7 84598l
Also, it probably wouldn't make a bad model for an "escaped cyborg" story...
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Mon 22 May 2017 - 9:43

'Escaped cyborg' story ... Crazy, are you listening? I seem to lean more toward 'escaped handler' stories in my OC fics. Laughing

Well, we all know what a multitasker you are, Alf. If it can hold your undivided attention from start to finish, it must be pretty good.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 Fri 9 Jun 2017 - 15:51

Alice and Zoroko! I've been watching that one as soon as it comes out!. Its really good. They used suspense and the characters perfectly!
PolosElite23
PolosElite23

Male

Forum Posts : 936

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire, and Angelica

Original Characters : Various

Comments : A journey of a lifetime starts with a blinking cursor.

Registration date : 2013-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 9 Jun 2017 - 19:17

PolosElite23 wrote:Alice and Zoroko! I've been watching that one as soon as it comes out!. Its really good. They used suspense and the characters perfectly!
Yeah. I'm up to date with it now and it is really rather good.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty Thu 15 Jun 2017 - 0:00

I like how the first 5 episodes comprised of a story arc. As I said on Skype, it has many tropes I didn't like, but the characterization was so strong that I love the show.

I'm watching WorldEnd What do you do at the end of the word...etc.  Long title, which evidently Japanese fans have nicknamed Sukasuka. I love it. It captures so much of what I loved from GSG - the slice of life view of very abnormal people trying to live normal lives. It has feels, it has heart, it has characters that grow and change over time.

It has a lot of twists, so it's hard to explain some of the parts I like most without giving away the surprises, so I'll have to ask you to take my word on it. Some scenes in the later episodes had me shedding a tear of happiness for the protagonists, even.
taerKitty
taerKitty

Male

Forum Posts : 1211

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : Dina & Paolo

Comments : The feelz... the feelz...

Registration date : 2012-01-22
Your character

Back to top Go down