Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion

+25
Ghostfriendly
TTIO
Ggultra2764
Kiskaloo
boomer_gonz
Sakura
Utsurokuri
Piero
Sheo Darren
Probit Return
Tommygunner70
emperor
West Nile
Whatface
sasahara17
Danjo3
Thanatos
Nachtsider
ElfenMagix
rusty-spring
LoC978
Triela
Wileama
Totoum
Sintendo
29 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion

Post by Wileama Tue 8 Jan 2008 - 21:44

LoC978 wrote:
Nachtsider wrote:a military life tends to make a mature person out of you.
...not always true.
Roger that. There are some people who will never grow up. Anyway I do agree that the girls have a certain level of maturity beyond their years. However I always viewed this more in terms of a terminally ill child. They have to start dealing with issues most people don't serious consider for decades. They walk around aware that every day could be their last. That's the kind of maturity I see in the girls.

Wileama
Sith Lord

Forum Posts : 1053

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion

Post by Sintendo Tue 8 Jan 2008 - 23:32

Here's something I just found out: Bitches.

Why are SOOOOOOOO many people bitching - not about the show, the animation, or the character design - but about the Opening theme?

They didn't get The Delgados (probably couldn't due to them not being together anymore). Get over it.

Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Forum Posts : 618

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 9 Jan 2008 - 7:11

According to animenewsnetwork there still are voice actors for angelica and marco. I would be very surprised if they would not make an appearance.

Already the first anime series was a clear spinoff, with several new scenes added and some removed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 9 Jan 2008 - 7:45

Sintendo wrote:Why are SOOOOOOOO many people bitching - not about the show, the animation, or the character design - but about the Opening theme?

I can't believe anybody could have anything against the new opening theme. It sounds lovely. The ending theme's a little lackluster, but agreeable nonetheless.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5722

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 9 Jan 2008 - 12:27

Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion - Page 2 77718209mw2
Cry

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanatos Wed 9 Jan 2008 - 13:07

Nachtsider wrote:I can't believe anybody could have anything against the new opening theme. It sounds lovely. The ending theme's a little lackluster, but agreeable nonetheless.

The visuals are really nice but J-music really doesn´t go well with
Gunslinger Girl, ironic as it sounds. Still, i knew that it was
probably not going to be as good since the Delgados song that was used
mixed with the series´story in such a perfect way that it was almost
impossible to top.

Thanatos

Forum Posts : 140

Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 9 Jan 2008 - 17:12

Well to be honest I think that GSG original opening was one of the greatest openings ever made. Cowboy Bebop and Hellsing are the other ones compething from that place. To be honest most of Jpop and Jrock is crap. There are some excellent performers like Tsuneo Imahori, Yoko Kanno, Yasushi Ishi and few others. However most of it doesnt sound very good and spoils the mood of the series.

I think that the new opening is just plain horrendous. Where is all the sadness and strong emotions from the first opening?

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Wed 9 Jan 2008 - 17:20

TinyTony wrote:Well to be honest I think that GSG original opening was one of the greatest openings ever made.

I feel the same way. Every single time I watch a GSG episode I never EVER skip the opening. Other anime I do, all the time. Light Before We Land and GSG in general is just very special to me.

Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Forum Posts : 2746

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Wed 9 Jan 2008 - 17:40

Maybe they were trying to imply a more optimistic future for the girls...

Anyways, who knows why they didn't go with The Delgados again, but I happen to love the new opening.

Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Wed 9 Jan 2008 - 17:53

TinyTony wrote:Where is all the sadness and strong emotions from the first opening?

to me at least it's still there in the new opening though a bit toned down ,though yeah,i definatly won't buy the song like i did for "the light before we land"
Totoum
Totoum

Male

Forum Posts : 480

Fan of : claes

Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Thu 10 Jan 2008 - 5:03

Thanatos wrote:The visuals are really nice but J-music really doesn´t go well withGunslinger Girl, ironic as it sounds. Still, i knew that it was
probably not going to be as good since the Delgados song that was used
mixed with the series´story in such a perfect way that it was almost
impossible to top.
You're absolutely right. The J-music theme is just so damn generic. The whole original opening sequence was fantastic. The first time I saw it, I knew I was in for something different. The new one looks (and sounds) like it was thrown together at the last minute. If I knew nothing about GSG, and saw the new opening, I'd probably move on.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Thu 10 Jan 2008 - 7:38

I'm with Nacht on this one. The new opening theme sounds okay to me. It's not fantastic like 'the Light Before we Land', but it's not terrible. It's the wierd psychedellic flashes I could do without.

Anyone know that the lyrics in the ending are singing about? I can make out 'Ningyo' and 'Hoshi' but my Japanese is rudimentry at best.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 10 Jan 2008 - 8:04

sasahara17 wrote:It's the wierd psychedellic flashes I could do without.

Nice to see I'm not alone, Sasahara. Perhaps those trippy moments you mention above tie in with the whole conditioning drug thingus.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanatos Thu 10 Jan 2008 - 8:34

I'm with Nacht on this one. The new opening theme sounds okay to me.
It's not fantastic like 'the Light Before we Land', but it's not
terrible. It's the wierd psychedellic flashes I could do without.

I´m not saying that the music is bad , i became somewhat of a J-music fan myself with all the anime i´ve seen and frankly i kinda like it but after hearing a perfect english opening and an italian ending, i was kinda dissapointed at both japanese openings and endings that just feels out of place for me.

Thanatos

Male

Fan of : Portugal

Original Characters : DUR HUR

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Thu 10 Jan 2008 - 10:54

Sintendo wrote:So now that episode one is here, post your thoughts on it.

My thoughts:

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO GUISEPPE?
My god... he's become SO EMO that he reverted to his youthful days as a happy-go-lucky COLLEGE STUDENT!
Jean got tired of his brother babying Henrietta, so he had the docs in Section 2 cyborg his ass too!
- - - - - - - - - -
Jose/Guiseppe: Must Obey Section 2's orders
Henrietta: Huh?
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Thu 10 Jan 2008 - 12:28

Thanatos wrote:I´m not saying that the music is bad , i became somewhat of a J-music fan myself with all the anime i´ve seen and frankly i kinda like it but after hearing a perfect english opening and an italian ending, i was kinda dissapointed at both japanese openings and endings that just feels out of place for me.
I personally didn’t care for the ending theme of season 1, only because it’s not my kind of music. BUT, as far as the series was concerned, it was a perfect choice. Italian. The only way they could have topped it would have been to go with Caruso or Pavarotti.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Fri 11 Jan 2008 - 1:58

It almost feels like the Gunslinger Girl anime is trying to go for a more lighthearted ambience. The more upbeat OP and cuter character designs and all.

I like the new OP and the character designs (for the girls anyway) are refreshing. If only with the backgrounds had kept the same detail as the first season as now they are sorta "blah."
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Fri 11 Jan 2008 - 3:00

I blame the budget. Rumors are going 'round that indicated the budget for each episode isn't as high as season one's ¥13,000,000/episode...

Still, I hate it when people judge an entire show off of one episode. After episode 2, I don't really care about another's opinion, but jesus, it's the 1st episode. Anime is notorious for have horrible 1st episodes.

Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Comments : It's like a 5 hour orgasm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Fri 11 Jan 2008 - 3:04

Another thing I don't understand is people's* comment's about season two having too much action... Wasn't the main complaint about season 1 was it's lack of action?

Artland delivers, and now everyone's* bitching? :WTFWTF:

*People = people at Gamefaqs and The Triad comments.
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Fri 11 Jan 2008 - 7:21

Sintendo wrote:Still, I hate it when people judge an entire show off of one episode.
No one is judging the entire show - just what we've seen so far.

And from what I've seen SO FAR, a cut budget would explain a lot.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanatos Fri 11 Jan 2008 - 9:35

Budget cut or not, the parts where Triela opens and flips open the sewer cover and loads her gun is smooth and animated well or that part where Rico drives that punk dow to Kick Ass Boulevard, which leaves hope that the many hand-to-hand and CQB combat scenes in this season will be animated well.

And on the girls being happier, that´s actually on pair with the manga, alot of the tension of the first volumes (That the first season empasized alittle too much in my opinion) is lifted when the Fratello teams have more experience in the field. Rico is a pretty much a constant smile and Henrietta is bolder with her relationship with Jose.

It´s not as good as the legendary first episode if the first season but this episode *delivered* for GsG fans. I was satisfied but there´s certainly room for improvement.

Thanatos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2008 - 10:52

The only thing that bugs me is the actual art style. I am not hard to please as to animation quality, and content differences such as the way the characters act and whether they look happier don't bug me much. But, I am very big on the "feel" of a series and the atmosphere, so the art chance is a bit of a let down for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Fri 11 Jan 2008 - 12:44

Danjo3 wrote:
Sintendo wrote:Still, I hate it when people judge an entire show off of one episode.
No one over here is judging the entire show - just what we've seen so far.

Fixed it for you Awesome!
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Fri 11 Jan 2008 - 13:38

Sintendo wrote:Another thing I don't understand is people's* comment's about season two having too much action... Wasn't the main complaint about season 1 was it's lack of action?

Well, I may be minority, but I'm glad there's more action. *shrugs*

EDIT: On a completely different note, a female friend of mine who watches anime stated that she didn't really like GSG (at least the first season) but now that the "guys are way better looking" she'd perhaps watch the second season. Razz
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sat 12 Jan 2008 - 4:04

rusty-spring wrote:Well, I may be minority, but I'm glad there's more action. *shrugs*
I don’t have a problem with action as long as it’s not over done. Action has always played a supporting role in GSG; it’s never been the main focus. I’ve always liked the fact that it’s a story that makes you use your brain instead of just your eyes.
3klicks wrote:The only thing that bugs me is the actual art style. I am not hard to please as to animation quality, and content differences such as the way the characters act and whether they look happier don't bug me much. But, I am very big on the "feel" of a series and the atmosphere, so the art chance is a bit of a let down for me.
It just doesn’t look as realistic to me. The characters have a very stylized look to them they didn’t have in the first. You know, that alien-ish anime look. And the lack of detail (as compared to the first) gives it an overall cheap feeling.

As far as the story is concerned, I’m holding out judgment, but visually speaking, I’m very disappointed.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2008 - 5:16

Don't know if this perticular side-by-side has been posted yet, and I srunk it for this forum, but w/e, I havn't actually seen any of Season 2 yet and I am waiting for someone to sub/dub a version as animes like this are never shown here on tv, and rearly sold.

Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion - Page 2 Sidebysidetu8

Bigger eyes, different color, different style and overall less detail...

I don't like it.

;_;

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 12 Jan 2008 - 5:31

rusty-spring wrote:EDIT: On a completely different note, a female friend of mine who watches anime stated that she didn't really like GSG (at least the first season) but now that the "guys are way better looking" she'd perhaps watch the second season. Razz

With all due respect, Rusty, your friend might need to get her vision examined - every one of the male characters now looks so damn young, cartoonish and just plain... unappealing. Take Hillshire, for instance - he was quite striking in a mature, world-weary way during Season One, but now wears a look that makes him seem but a wet-behind-the-ears boy.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2008 - 6:26

Gunslinger Girls has lost it's... uniqueness. To me it looks a little more like any other anime now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Sat 12 Jan 2008 - 6:28

I agree the first season does look better then the first. Still Natchsider, people have a wide variety when it comes to taste. I can see someone calling the new character designs 'cuter.' Still waiting for the translation...
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Sat 12 Jan 2008 - 7:31

Sintendo wrote:Another thing I don't understand is people's* comment's about season two having too much action... Wasn't the main complaint about season 1 was it's lack of action?

Artland delivers, and now everyone's* bitching? :WTFWTF:

*People = people at Gamefaqs and The Triad comments.

I'd say that's because the only people that have watched ep1 are the people who loved season 1 enough to watch raws,it'd be interesting to see what people who weren't huge fans of season 1 say when they will watch the subs.
Totoum
Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2008 - 21:38

All 7 of my friends that are into anime have watched GSG S1 and for 3 of them, including me, it was the first anime they got and watched when they started collecting, so I can't ask any of them =/

And yes, I am also waiting for a sub, it's the only way I watch my other-then-originally-english anime.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Sun 13 Jan 2008 - 3:25

So now that I actually had a chance to sit down and watch AEN's subbed version of GSG deuce, here's a few of my thoughts:

- There's nothing wrong with the opening. Want Delgados? Too bad, they broke up in 2005. Cry more :QF: .

- The first third of the show felt... rushed... slow... basically something that was slapped together. It was as if somebody jumped into Artland's studio and said, "LOL Hay guys, you gonna do GSG 2 now, 'k?" and ran away. Seriously... a 2 minute riot scene that used 5 seconds of animation? And you're going to compensate by shaking the fucking camera?

- The second third of the show was where everything shined. The action was great as were the comments that each character added while the action was going on to bring non-GSG1 viewers/readers up to speed. It felt like this part of the show was directed by somebody else... somebody from the 1st season. The animation is as top notch as Madhouse's animation (little details like Triela's shotgun's sling waving as she moves it around, or the animation of Rico's handgun (with questionable aiming just whistlin' )... take a look at LOC's sig for proof)

- The entire second third could have gone without Rico's "twinkle".

- The last third of the show was where things slowed down a lot. The common GSG veteran viewer should be at home around here, though uncomfortable.

- One major complaint about the last third's pacing was the entire scene where Henrietta sneaks into Guiseppe's room. Too long, and too focused on still frames. Plus her little "Oh?" remarks, and the squeek she did when embracing Guiseppe's shirt was so sugary-sweet that my teeth rotted away...Holier-than-thou

- I didn't watch the ED (I never do) so I can't comment on that.

- Overall... below average. There were some good parts (Great, even) but they were few and far between. I had a tough time sitting through this. The only good thing I can say about this particular episode is that it got better as it went along...only to screech to a complete halt during the last third of the show.

So there...
Bong hit

Edit: Seems like even the Japanese fans are outraged at the direction GSG2 is taking... "GSG life points = 0, TT_TT, RAAAAAAAAAAGE, etc." can be found on nico video... I just hope the studio doesn't fall back to episode one's antic's again...
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Sun 13 Jan 2008 - 13:01

episode 2 summary in engrish

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gunslingergirl.com%2Fstory%2Findex.html&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8

looks like this time there's no filler,just manga stuff.
Totoum
Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sun 13 Jan 2008 - 14:59

I think you need to cool it Sintendo. Most of the discussion here is about the animation, not the story.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Sun 13 Jan 2008 - 15:35

Meh... It got better as the episode went on. I just didn't like the whole camera shakey + still shots thing.
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanatos Sun 13 Jan 2008 - 16:09

Danjo3 wrote:
I think you need to cool it Sintendo. Most of the discussion here is about the animation, not the story.

Shouldn´t the discussion include every aspects of the show?

I agree with most point of Sintendo, especially the saky camera part, that was clearly a cheap method to save money.

Still, i think the episode was average. It´s definitely more interesting than most crap that´s being released nowadays.

Also, what´s the drama with filler material? If it´s well made, keep them coming. The first season had his more than honest share of filler material and people seem to forget that.

Thanatos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Sun 13 Jan 2008 - 17:03

Thanatos wrote:Also, what´s the drama with filler material? If it´s well made, keep them coming. The first season had his more than honest share of filler material and people seem to forget that.

yeah I remember reading someone saying:

Then the story it doesn't follow the manga to a letter word for word scene for scene like last time.

and going WTF!!??

Though I think the drama isn't coming from it being filler,the debate is wether it's well made or not. Laughing
Totoum
Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 13 Jan 2008 - 19:57

I've always regarded filler material in Gunslinger Girl as being a nicely done improvement over the original manga content. I'm one of those people who watched the anime (Season One, that is) before reading the manga, and was quite disappointed by how dull the latter seemed compared to its on-screen counterpart.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Jan 2008 - 20:58

Before I start rattling my bonebox...

Forgive me everyone, I will post a reply full of irritation and hate. I watched the first episode today. These are strictly my opinions and I have seen the original GSG series and Ive read the manga up to chapter 36.

HUGE SPOILER WARNING!!!!! DONT READ ANY FURTHER UNLESS YOU HAVE SEEN THE FIRST EPISODE!!!!!

[rant]@#$%![/rant]

So here I go...

My first impressions were normal. The animation was allright. Not as good as in the first series, but I didnt expect the same style. Overall quality was quite good. The first time my jaw dislocated :affraid: from the sheer crappiness was when the voice actors started talking. It sounds awful. There doesnt seem to be any soul behind the acting.

The next thing was the introduction. The opening song is ok, but the obviously horrendous montage of blurry pictures with no point... snow

... well, doesnt have any point!!!

On with the show. I started getting all better and comfortable with the voice acting and the cute lollipop girl animation. So I was ok with it since you can always skip the opening. My face looked at that moment like this ---->Guh?

The reason was this time the voice acting of the girls. During the whole episode they let out these ooh aah mmm kihihi etc irrritating voices.
:WTFWTF: Also their voice actors could do a fine job in a junior high, ,magical girl, drama & romantic comedy type of thing, but why on earth did they hire them to Gunslinger Girl. I guess they got them cheap after their previous job starring in "Magical Choco Girl, UP YOURS!" Cry

Bravely I kept on watching. Then the riot scene breaks out, after all that idiotic shaking around I felt like :powerhurl:
I mean, did their animators get a day off or something, or did the director find a new "shake your booty!" tool from the video editor. At this point I had already dislocated my jaw, cried my eyes out and vomited my guts out.

After that Henrietta acts stupid again, well thats really nothing new...

Then they chase the bad guys around with a Vespa. There is nothing wrong with that, unless you get shot at. Vespa is not bulletproof! Car is not bulletproof! But thats all normal, since its entertaining:)

I was getting my hopes up and all fired up, until that fatal moment that at first I did not believe to be true, even though I have seen it in a .gif. That bad guy who Rico shoots gets knocked down, as if he slipped on ice. It is just probably the most stupid "bad guy gets wounded scenes" in the history of mankind.

Then they go on explaining their viewers everything from the dawn of mankind to the apocalypse. I was surprised not to hear David Hayter talking there with his overly testosterone filled whisper: "At the end of the Cold War..." Then huge letters pop on to the screen: "Directed by: HIDEO KOJIMA" NO

I was already considering a serious fight with my computer with a chainsaw :chainsaw: , but then I understood that it isnt my computers fault, this show sucks hairy balls (I dont mean the ones they use in tennis). I was preparing for the worst and I watched the feared final third of the episode...

*BANG!*

Yeah... It was that bad. In the end, despite all the whining, I will watch the whole series, but we shall see what kind of damage it will do to my psyche. Its just sad... so sad... [rant]@#$%![/rant]

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sun 13 Jan 2008 - 21:30

Well done Tony, well done. Excellent points all around.

This might be a minor point, but why in the hell did that guy fall out of the car when he got shot? I mean, did he say to himself, “Hey, I just got shot, so why don’t I unlatch the door and fall out on to the street?”
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Sun 13 Jan 2008 - 21:38

after watching the subs,my first thought is that the lyrics to the OP seem to fit claes.

Oh and forgot to mention this after I watched the raw but:

Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion - Page 2 GGfrench

What's written doesn't make any sence,i think what you get from google translations generally makes more sense than that Laughing
Totoum
Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Jan 2008 - 23:34

I have also just finished aquiring the first episode, I shall post what I think about it soon.

EDIT:

--------SPOILERS---------

Opening theme: I liked the picturers running into one another, very artistic and creative, I didn't like the actual photos, I personally like anime in my anime, not irl pictures. I don't currently like the opening music, but hay, it may grow on me.

Just 5 minutes in, art/grapics is good, framerate... acceptible, except for the part were Rico balancing on the curb, that's just lazyness.

The riot scene that lasted all of 2 minutes or so, shoddy at best, the music in that scene just sucked, would off much better without it.

Oooouuu, explosion, that was good, the animations of bodies falling was good, but the slow motion just killed it, like the riot scene, but over all, BOOM.

Wow, them getting on the bike took way to long, Jose should of just told Sonata to get off, then got on, Henrietta just had to wip the P-90 out of it's case and jumped on as well, done, 5 seconds, but it took like 30, wtf.

Car chase scene was good, gunfire was good, gunshot effects and the affects of the shots were awesome, except for the car and bike, WTF, seriously, the bad guy fired like 50 rounds, YOU TELLING ME NONE HIT? Well, anyway, moving on, animation was adequite, but the guy that got shot in the arm acted like it was fatal or something. The ease in which Triela lifted and flung aside that pothole cover made me smile for some reason.

The intro to the series for the people who havn't seen season 1 was good enough.

I nearly melted when Henrietta made that sound when holding Jose's shirt up =3

Long scene was long.

Claes is still smart I see, but a little less emotional maybe.

Yea, all round a meh episode, good animation, but I liked the style of the first one better, way, WAY BETTER, framerate may need hiking, the animators need to get unlazy, also it could do without the slowmotion.

One emoticon to sum up this season/episode?

:|

--------END-SPOILERS---------

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanatos Mon 14 Jan 2008 - 11:50

Ok i rewatched it and i still think it was an average episode as well as an average adaptation of GsG, it still is clearly inferior to any episode of the first season.

My main beefs are as follow:

- A painstakingly obvious inferior director, most of the realism factor is gone (Less gore/That panel showing that one of the terrorists has a gun) and a great part of dialogue for the most part is just "anime-ish" which is something GsG was happily devoid of. That bothers me to no end.

Although this was also noticeable in the filler episodes of the first season albeit to a much lesser degree, my hope is that since they will go manga only from now on, this will improve alot in this aspect.

- One of the things that somewhat bothered me in the first season was the overall look of the girls, don´t get me wrong, it´s not that they looked bad but they looked so different from their manga counterparts that it took me awhile to get used to them. However, they were spot on with the handlers, all of them looked perfect from visuals to voice acting.

This time, despite having to get used to the new look of the girls (Which i think prefer, i´m not sure), the handlers are horribly, horribly conceived. They look like fucking boy band members, especially after hearing those voices. Jesus.

Except Jean strangely enough. He looks and sounds just like in the first season.

- Don´t shake the fucking camera. That´s not animation.

Also, i like the ending song.

Edit: Oh yeah, the music composer sucks so far.

Last edited by on Mon 14 Jan 2008 - 13:09; edited 1 time in total

Thanatos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Mon 14 Jan 2008 - 12:41

Thanatos wrote:

Edit: Oh yeah, the music composer can lick my scrotum.

!!!

Holier-than-thou

... sadly, I have to agree... but watch him at his best before you say anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-g1ncoKihw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzec_yQfOiY&

Kou Ootani CAN write awesome, "Hollywood Epic" type pieces... but yeah... the music for GSG2 is not up to par with his past work...
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanatos Mon 14 Jan 2008 - 13:09

Hum....okay, i´ll edit my comment. Maybe he´ll come around. But that music that came up when the action scene started was horrible.

The violin piece was nice.

Thanatos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2008 - 13:39

Ok, I watched the sub. I will proubably be repeating both myself and other people so I'll keep it short.

Mixed feelings. The best part was simply that it was a GSG anime. So, for me, this episode was riding entierly on the credit that the manga and previous seson have built up.

The beggining is ok. It's been done, but it's not common, and can serve to link the series to the real world, although I doubt this was actaully considered. The art is simply worse then it was before. The atmosphere isn't nearly as good, the character design changes really bug me and the style, in general, is "generic anime style 1".

Maybe this will change, but so far I see two things written all over the 2nd season.
- First "Economy Version": They're cutting corners everywhere. I mean really everywhere. People have been bringing up a couple of well animated moments in defence, but the previous seson was all good animation.
- "Adjusted for the Popular Audience": I always believed that origiality and quality (in short art) are the things that count, but it seems that what the masses really want is to be fed exactly the same thing over, and over, and over again. The style is generic so it will feel familiar to the majority. Classical music (which might scare people away) was removed. The darkness of the series was trimmed down. Jose was made into a tipical "pretty boy" and Henrietta into a little dolly (more so then before). Anotherwords the "top selling" generic stock character types. Finally the everything is more happy/fluffy now (more smiling, warmer handler/cyborg interaction, art is of the lighter sort, etc.) - "I mean, who likes to watch sad stuff like that anyway. Sad stuff makes people feel sad, and people don't like to feel sad, so they won't pay us to feel sad. Capish? That's why we make everything bubbly."

I'm afraid that an economist has made his way into the production process. Goddamned bastard... I wonder how the weapon laws work in Canada.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Mon 14 Jan 2008 - 14:06

Thanatos wrote:Hum....okay, i´ll edit my comment. Maybe he´ll come around. But that music that came up when the action scene started was horrible.

The violin piece was nice.

You don't have to, it's your opinion.
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanatos Mon 14 Jan 2008 - 14:27

You don't have to, it's your opinion.

I know, that´s why i wrote "so far".

I was trying to be polite.

3kclicks: The comment about the "Adjusted for the Popular Audience" was spot on, couldn´t have said better myself, ultimately that´s the biggest flaw in the show.

Thanatos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2008 - 18:24

3klicks wrote:I wonder how the weapon laws work in Canada.
Buy one black market for $1000 bucks easy.

What I dislike most about this season is the change in the style of the art, of the faces, and of the personallity of the girls.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2008 - 23:05

$1000? On the Polish black marcket AK-47's go for under $100. What a ripoff. I guess certain members of the season 2 production staff are safe...for now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 14 Jan 2008 - 23:13

Kalashnikovs are almost a form of global currency nowadays.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanatos Tue 15 Jan 2008 - 8:47

What I dislike most about this season is the change in the style of the art, of the faces, and of the personallity of the girls.

What about the girls ticked you off exactly?

Except for a overly "moe-ish" Henrietta, i thought the girls were spot on.

Thanatos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jan 2008 - 19:17

this blog sums it up nice and fair
http://www.epicwin.org/2008/01/08/gunslinger-girl-il-teatrino-01/
"the highlight of the episode was Triela rocking that manhole cover."

thank goodness for some minor traces of violin piece.
Thanatos, the girl is as far from spot on as it can be when it comes to the art/style esp. w/ Triela. Once again: sailormoon (bah!). Gone is the wise-deep-thought-looking Triela I once knew....and Hillshire, huh heh? that must be what he looked like when he was Triela's age

Since I'm not giving a dime on this show, I won't complain no more. I'm just hoping to find consolation in the dialogue-plot-soundtrack or ultimately the emotional intensity a scene may bring. IMHO, graphics don't have to be excellent to bring the human touch or a good story to the screen. Azumanga Daioh and FF VII are good examples.

oh well, all good things must come to an end eventually.

From the bright side, I won't get distracted from the all-army match this Spring. You going, Loc?

edit: forgot to add, one things that was instanly noticably missing is the noir atmosphere.

Oh, and about Angelica, the manga plot is followed rather consistently. http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2008/01/14/gunslinger-girl-il-teatrino-02/
She's alive and in recovery. Well, not sure if her fans should be happy or sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 15 Jan 2008 - 19:51

I've got a soft spot for Angelica, and I must say that I'm gratified to see her on-screen again. That way, she'd be able to prove to all those deluded dunderheads that she's anything but useless.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jan 2008 - 20:49

wasyhuu wrote:IMHO, graphics don't have to be excellent to bring the human touch or a good story to the screen.
The way I see it, this is half true. The graphics don't have to be excellent as far as the "wow" effect, detail, or precision, but they do have to perform well in their other functions, such as creating atmosphere, conveying message/emotions, and giving an anime (or any visual) a sort of distinct 'feel' (texture? I don't know what word to use.) to it.

Angelica on screeen? That's ep 2, right? Damn, i guess all I can do for now is cheer on the subbers.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 15 Jan 2008 - 21:02

regarding art style and the feel of the series
I'm chalking this one up to a classic anime (sadly, GSG has lost its unique quality in this regard) 'introductory episode'. Episode 2 seems to have gotten the series back on track. The animation is still nothing compared to season one, but the atmosphere is back.
Wasyhuu wrote:From the bright side, I won't get distracted from the all-army match this Spring. You going, Loc?
Nien. Never been a fan of dog-and-pony show shooting. I'll take my steel plate targets in the woods, thanks.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatface Tue 15 Jan 2008 - 22:38

"Honestly, the highlight of the episode was Triela rocking that manhole cover.
That’s pretty sad, really." from http://www.epicwin.org/2008/01/08/gunslinger-girl-il-teatrino-01/

Lmao! So true...
Whatface
Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Male

Forum Posts : 880

Fan of : Henrietta, Rico, Triela, Aurora

Original Characters : Muffin

Comments : Why can't I leave this blank?

Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Tue 15 Jan 2008 - 23:25

Whatface wrote:"Honestly, the highlight of the episode was Triela rocking that manhole cover.
That’s pretty sad, really." from http://www.epicwin.org/2008/01/08/gunslinger-girl-il-teatrino-01/

Lmao! So true...

So true! That's really all I remembered from the whole episode that was actually cool. Triela flipping a man hole cover... wow... that's pretty sad...
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2008 - 4:48

I guess thats all what the show has to offer at the moment, flipping manhole covers. Although I remember the sheer crappiness of the first episode and the ok bad guy slaughtering scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next