Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gunslinger Girl VA Discussion

+5
ElfenMagix
Nachtsider
LoC978
emperor
sasahara17
9 posters

Go down

Gunslinger Girl VA Discussion Empty Gunslinger Girl VA Discussion

Post by sasahara17 Wed 6 Feb 2008 - 0:02

Behold, the ultimate Anime Geek thread.

I was watching Mamiko Noto voice another character and suddenly hit with a random though; "Man, Elsa de Sica would so sound like this is she were older."

And Things sort so snowballed from there. Hence this thread. In this thread, we discuss what we think about the Voice Actors and Actresses behind the Gunslinger Girl Cast.

While I was a newbie anime fan, I used to notice that manycharacters I like tended to sound very similar. Later I realised this was becuase many of these characters were voiced by the same VA's time and time again.

As such here we discuss (a)our fanboy/fangirl behavior to the Gunsliger Girl VA Cast, (b)which VA's we think will sound cool when cast as certain characters and (c)anything else along those lines.

(a) As above, I noticed a curious anime listed on the Random Curiosity Blog that had Mamiko Noto as a VA, so despite the warning of blood, nudity and gore, I went and checked it out. That's when I was hit with the random thought that led to this. Nice 40 minute anime though, if a bit extreme.

Considering Noto is well known for voicing chatters who are tradionally softspoken and cute (Nodoka from Negima, Ester from Trinity Blood, Shinji(!) from FMP, Yakumo from School Rumble) it does seem suprising for her to leave such an impact with a character who is anything but 'cute' and 'moe' when she opens her mouth (Elsa = hardcore).

(b) I wonder wehat would happen if someone cast Rie Kugimiya (Shana from Shakugan no Shana, Louise from Zero no Tsukaima, Nagi from Hayate no Gotoku)and Aya Hirano (Haruhi from Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuutsu, Misa from Death Note, Konata from Lucky Star) as Gunslinger Girl Characters?

Rie will be an absolute laugh since I always get Shana vibes no matter who she voices. Have her voice Rico and absolute cuteness will insure... although Rie has been known to be a 'Tsundere type' characters.

Aya Hirano on the other hand... she can voice ANYBODY (I months on, still can't belive how easily she could switch from Konata's lazy drawl to Brigade Commander in the drop of a hat). I'd like to see her take on say... Triela. Hillshire will officially be whipped with Hirano's commanding voice as his partner in crime.

One last thing... is this the right place to discuss this?
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Gunslinger Girl VA Discussion Empty Re: Gunslinger Girl VA Discussion

Post by emperor Wed 6 Feb 2008 - 0:09

One last thing... is this the right place to discuss this?

No problem,it's a right place.

Nothing to worry.

8)
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Wed 6 Feb 2008 - 1:31

*looks sheepish*
...I actually pay more attention to the English cast... when I watch 'em in Japanese, the subtitles are the foreground, and the voices are a pleasant background I use to differentiate between characters when their lips aren't visible... it's pretty much subconscious for me.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 6 Feb 2008 - 1:34

That's pretty much the smae for me. I could barely (if at all) tel teh voices apart if they were played to me with no context. The subs are what I pay attention to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 6 Feb 2008 - 2:21

I know nuts about the Gunslinger Girl voice actors and actresses, English or Japanes.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Wed 6 Feb 2008 - 4:03

... okay, I seem to be the geekiest guy here then if I know several of the Voice Actresses by name.

Anyway, here is the list for season one in case anyone forgot, ripped straight from the Anime News Network Website.

Ami Koshimizu as Claes
Other Works I recognise; Kallen from code Geass, Ritsuko from Kujian, Alita/Milano from Murder Princess, Nina Wang from Mai-Otome, Tenma(!) from School Rumble, Horo(!) from Wolf and Spice.

Yuuka Nanri as Henrietta
Other Works I...HOLY SH*T! She's the vocalist of FunctionJunctionYUUKA!!! (Instant Fan) :yaay:
Ahem, moving on...; Sakura from Godannar (funny, never noticed), Nao from Mai-HiME, Karen from School Rumble, Sayuri from Place Promised from our Early Days.

Mamiko Noto as Elsa (eps 9-11)
Other works I... god DAMN where do I start... ; Sayako from Ah
Megami-Sama, Verandi from Detective Loki, Yuka from Elfen Lied, Sir
Bedivere(!) from FSN, Shinji(!) from Full Metal Panic, Momoko from
Godannar, Ai Enma from Hell Girl, Rin from Inuyasha, Fujino(!) from
Kara no Kyokai, Moa from keroko Gunsho, Nodoka from Negima, Rin from
Mnemmosyne, Yukino from Mai-HiME, Yakumo from School Rumble, Esther
from Trinity Blood (oh man this list is long), Fairy from Zero no
Tsukaima

Hidenobu Kiuchi as José
Other works I recognise; Hei from Darker than Black, Arisaka from place Promised in our Early Days

Masashi Ebara as Hirscher
Other works I recognise; Hoenhiem from Full Metal Alchemist, Shinobu's Dad from love Hina, Gai(!) from Naruto, Alastor from Shakugan no Shana

Mitsuru Miyamoto as Jean
Other works I recognise; Ayame from Fruits Basket, Kisaragi from Rahxephon, Slayn from Lodoss War, Rodger Smith(!) from Big O, Leon Links from Z.O.E. Doleres

Norihiro Inoue as Marco
Other works I recognise; Schi-Third Prince Dude from Code Geass, Takahata-sensei from Negima

For these people, I've never seen any of their other works...
Eri Sendai as Triela
Hitomi Terakado as AngelicaKanako Mitsuhashi as Rico
Masami Iwasaki as Alfonso
Rie Nakagawa as Ferro

Didn't bother checking the rest. It was plenty of work just going through this bunch and typing it all out.

Y'know, I never realised this, but an awful number of the VA's have alter ego's in School Rumble and Negima, not to mention the odd roles I've discovered now that I've had a closer look...

- - -

Vision of Hillshire in green Spandex sporting Gayer Haircut than Jose.

- - -

I must go and lie down for a while.

We really need Elsa and Henrietta to do Karoke. Their Season 1 VA's really know how to sing.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 6 Feb 2008 - 18:50

Consider yourself lucky that you can recognize the voices Sasahara17. Me? I'm just lucky I'm not found dead in front of the tv screen. Evil
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Wed 6 Feb 2008 - 22:23

Hm, so nobody pays attention to the VA's but me?

Oh wow. I'm really not sure what to think of this revelation.

ElfenMagix wrote:Consider yourself lucky that you can recognize the
voices Sasahara17. Me? I'm just lucky I'm not found dead in front of
the tv screen. Evil
Actually the above list was complied by going though the VA entires on the ANN website.
I was well aware of Mamaki Noto's resume since I am a fan of her works, but some of the things I discovered on that website did suprise me, like I never knew Ami Koshimizu voiced Kallen Stadfield.
It's funny really, sometimes a character just opens their mougth and I know who exactly the VA is (Rie Kugimiya, every time) without even looking at the cast list, and other times I'm going through the credits and do a double take when I realize one of my favourite VA's is among the cast as a major character.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Thu 7 Feb 2008 - 12:42

The only voice actors I notice are the english ones. Which isn't all that often. Mostly it's just notice hey, that person voiced so, and so! Though there was one time I suddenly realized Spike Spiegel was telling me to buy drain-o...
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Thu 7 Feb 2008 - 13:25

I met Caitlen Glass (Triela) and Laura Baily (Henrietta) aat an anime convention. They're both realllly nice!! Caitlen signed my VOL. 3 manga and Laura signed my VOL. 1 DVD.

Laura said her favorite part in all of GSG was the part when she got the red coat from Jose. I thought that was really interesting.

Caitlen absolutly LOVED the manga! ^o^ She was like "WOAH!! Triela looks awesome!!" (I don't think she ever saw the manga version before! O_o

I gave them both pics of Triela and Henrietta and the both loved them! ^_^ I was so happy! =D
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Feb 2008 - 14:11

Wileama wrote: Though there was one time I suddenly realized Spike Spiegel was telling me to buy drain-o...

Puzzled ... What happened to the all-favoured LOL smilie? I guess this one will do for now:

:lollol:

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Fri 8 Feb 2008 - 1:32

sasahara17 wrote:Hm, so nobody pays attention to the VA's but me?

Oh wow. I'm really not sure what to think of this revelation.

ElfenMagix wrote:Consider yourself lucky that you can recognize the
voices Sasahara17. Me? I'm just lucky I'm not found dead in front of
the tv screen. :evil:
Actually the above list was complied by going though the VA entires on the ANN website.
I was well aware of Mamaki Noto's resume since I am a fan of her works, but some of the things I discovered on that website did suprise me, like I never knew Ami Koshimizu voiced Kallen Stadfield.
It's funny really, sometimes a character just opens their mougth and I know who exactly the VA is (Rie Kugimiya, every time) without even looking at the cast list, and other times I'm going through the credits and do a double take when I realize one of my favourite VA's is among the cast as a major character.

I find it interesting to try to recognise who's voicing characters at times. Sometimes I'm more successful with it then at other times.

As far as Gunslinger Girl specifically is concerned, Mamiko Noto as Elsa is the one that stands out off the top of my head. I think I was able to recognise her. Interesting hearing her voice as Elsa when I associated it with some characters who were rather different from Elsa, such as Yakumo from School Rumble and Sanri from Starship Operators.

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by hydra282 Mon 6 Jul 2009 - 15:12

My favorite VAs are Luci Christian, Christopher Robin Sabat, and Brandon Potter.
I think Chris played Fermi, It was funny when he talked to Triela over the phone cuz his voice sounded different. He sounded like he was her BF :lol!:
hydra282
hydra282
Flower Spirit

Male

Forum Posts : 358

Fan of : Henrietta! Beatrice! Elsa!

Original Characters : Zaron + Josie +

Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content