Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion

+25
Ghostfriendly
TTIO
Ggultra2764
Kiskaloo
boomer_gonz
Sakura
Utsurokuri
Piero
Sheo Darren
Probit Return
Tommygunner70
emperor
West Nile
Whatface
sasahara17
Danjo3
Thanatos
Nachtsider
ElfenMagix
rusty-spring
LoC978
Triela
Wileama
Totoum
Sintendo
29 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion

Post by Nachtsider Mon 14 Jan 2008 - 23:13

Kalashnikovs are almost a form of global currency nowadays.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5722

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion

Post by Thanatos Tue 15 Jan 2008 - 8:47

What I dislike most about this season is the change in the style of the art, of the faces, and of the personallity of the girls.

What about the girls ticked you off exactly?

Except for a overly "moe-ish" Henrietta, i thought the girls were spot on.

Thanatos

Forum Posts : 140

Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jan 2008 - 19:17

this blog sums it up nice and fair
http://www.epicwin.org/2008/01/08/gunslinger-girl-il-teatrino-01/
"the highlight of the episode was Triela rocking that manhole cover."

thank goodness for some minor traces of violin piece.
Thanatos, the girl is as far from spot on as it can be when it comes to the art/style esp. w/ Triela. Once again: sailormoon (bah!). Gone is the wise-deep-thought-looking Triela I once knew....and Hillshire, huh heh? that must be what he looked like when he was Triela's age

Since I'm not giving a dime on this show, I won't complain no more. I'm just hoping to find consolation in the dialogue-plot-soundtrack or ultimately the emotional intensity a scene may bring. IMHO, graphics don't have to be excellent to bring the human touch or a good story to the screen. Azumanga Daioh and FF VII are good examples.

oh well, all good things must come to an end eventually.

From the bright side, I won't get distracted from the all-army match this Spring. You going, Loc?

edit: forgot to add, one things that was instanly noticably missing is the noir atmosphere.

Oh, and about Angelica, the manga plot is followed rather consistently. http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2008/01/14/gunslinger-girl-il-teatrino-02/
She's alive and in recovery. Well, not sure if her fans should be happy or sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 15 Jan 2008 - 19:51

I've got a soft spot for Angelica, and I must say that I'm gratified to see her on-screen again. That way, she'd be able to prove to all those deluded dunderheads that she's anything but useless.

Nachtsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jan 2008 - 20:49

wasyhuu wrote:IMHO, graphics don't have to be excellent to bring the human touch or a good story to the screen.
The way I see it, this is half true. The graphics don't have to be excellent as far as the "wow" effect, detail, or precision, but they do have to perform well in their other functions, such as creating atmosphere, conveying message/emotions, and giving an anime (or any visual) a sort of distinct 'feel' (texture? I don't know what word to use.) to it.

Angelica on screeen? That's ep 2, right? Damn, i guess all I can do for now is cheer on the subbers.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 15 Jan 2008 - 21:02

regarding art style and the feel of the series
I'm chalking this one up to a classic anime (sadly, GSG has lost its unique quality in this regard) 'introductory episode'. Episode 2 seems to have gotten the series back on track. The animation is still nothing compared to season one, but the atmosphere is back.
Wasyhuu wrote:From the bright side, I won't get distracted from the all-army match this Spring. You going, Loc?
Nien. Never been a fan of dog-and-pony show shooting. I'll take my steel plate targets in the woods, thanks.

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Forum Posts : 2628

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatface Tue 15 Jan 2008 - 22:38

"Honestly, the highlight of the episode was Triela rocking that manhole cover.
That’s pretty sad, really." from http://www.epicwin.org/2008/01/08/gunslinger-girl-il-teatrino-01/

Lmao! So true...

Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Forum Posts : 880

Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Tue 15 Jan 2008 - 23:25

Whatface wrote:"Honestly, the highlight of the episode was Triela rocking that manhole cover.
That’s pretty sad, really." from http://www.epicwin.org/2008/01/08/gunslinger-girl-il-teatrino-01/

Lmao! So true...

So true! That's really all I remembered from the whole episode that was actually cool. Triela flipping a man hole cover... wow... that's pretty sad...

Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Forum Posts : 2746

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2008 - 4:48

I guess thats all what the show has to offer at the moment, flipping manhole covers. Although I remember the sheer crappiness of the first episode and the ok bad guy slaughtering scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Wed 16 Jan 2008 - 5:49

Whatface wrote:"Honestly, the highlight of the episode was Triela rocking that manhole cover.

Lmao! So true...
Don't forget Rico's jodo/karate/can-o'-whoop-ass thing. I dunno, but I liked that quite a bit.

Oh yeah, and there was Priscillia's reaction to that minor blemish to her scooter. It wasn't amazing or anything, but it did make me laugh a bit. ...Guess I'm easily impressed.

"The new Rico">>>"The old Rico. I know which one I prefer."

"The new one looks like Howl, or some wimpy harem lead. Also note the difference in the head to body proportions."
Who writes this blog anayway? The commentary is awesome.

More Angie is always good. An entire episode on Pino (haven't seen it yet, but looked through the screenshots) also piked my intrerest.

However what I really want to see is Beatrice. Where is that adorable stoic faced bloodhound? Even a cameo will make my day. Her sniffing out bombs will also be a plus.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 16 Jan 2008 - 6:10

At least we now know that Bea's hair is brown.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2008 - 9:49

Nachtsider wrote:At least we now know that Bea's hair is brown.

I guess thats a lot... We know also that she has a good sense of smell, thats it. I would like to know a bit more about her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Wed 16 Jan 2008 - 10:40

sasahara17 wrote:However what I really want to see is Beatrice. Where is that adorable stoic faced bloodhound? Even a cameo will make my day. Her sniffing out bombs will also be a plus.
I kind of wonder what was going on in that scene. When Triela first walks up on them, you hear a little grunt from Henrietta, then you see her apologizing and Beatrice walking away not saying anything. Did Etta just bump into her or was it something else?
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Wed 16 Jan 2008 - 11:30

I think it was suppose to be henrietta bumping into Beatrice.

Okay so I finally got around to watching the sub. Wow. A lot of good points have been made. So I'm just going to roll with my opinions, and what ever new thoughts I can bring.

Okay so it's agreed the art is just terrible. I am honestly shocked, at just how much it slide. I suppose it might have been rushed. Still I expect to see some of the worst art at the middle of a series, not the begining. I think I would be able to better tolerate the art if only it still had that gunslinger girl feel to it.

Art work aside I didn't mind the action. I just thought it was bad. How does a shot in the arm not only instantly kill, but also cause you to fall out of the car?! Even Priscilla as comic relief bugged me. I'm sure she would lament over her damaged scooter. I would think she would be more concerned for her team mates though. The only really interesting parts where Triela tossing the manhole cover, and then when she is covered in blood.

Triela covered in blood was something that could have made an interesting little tanget. Hilshire remembering how he found her. Or just the urge to pull her out of the pool of blood. Something. Instead there's just an uninteresting narration, and that's it.

I want to love this. I really do. Nothing would please me more. I'm waiting on episode two to save the season. However in the back of my mind I can't help, but think the anime hit the high water mark back in season one.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2008 - 13:08

Wileama wrote:I want to love this. I really do. Nothing would please me more. I'm waiting on episode two to save the season. However in the back of
my mind I can't help, but think the anime hit the high water mark back
in season one.
Yeah, that's exactly how I feel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2008 - 14:17

I hope we can still see sunshine at the end of this road...

comparing the 1st and 2nd episode, i must say i liked the 2nd WAY more then the first, but i just don't have the feeling i'm watching Gunslinger Girl..

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Wed 16 Jan 2008 - 14:29

3klicks wrote:
Wileama wrote:I want to love this. I really do. Nothing would please me more. I'm waiting on episode two to save the season. However in the back of
my mind I can't help, but think the anime hit the high water mark back
in season one.
Yeah, that's exactly how I feel.

Same here.

It just doesn't FEEL like Gunslinger Girl anymore though...
Triela
Triela

Female

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2008 - 17:35

We can always listen to delgados and read the manga, then frown how lousy the second season is, then watch the first season, then listen to...

Hold on thats what I do all the time cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2008 - 17:48

Wileama wrote:
Triela covered in blood was something that could have made an interesting little tanget. Hilshire remembering how he found her. Or just the urge to pull her out of the pool of blood. Something. Instead there's just an uninteresting narration, and that's it.

Disagree. I have to say the first thing that popped up in my mind as Hillshire found her covered in blood was exactly that...the flashback (bleh, shows just how much these two 'live' in my head UGH!). I might be overreaching into the scene, but at the same time as I thought of the "when Hillshire met Triela" scene, Hillshire gave that shocked/disturbed/terrified look by how Triela was covered in blood. Hence, to me, it was perfect: I was in his shoes for a second.

So yes, it's subtle, but it's there.

OTOH, Hillshire also did give a surpise look in the 1st series (ep. 4 bambola) as Triela executed an excellent hold with full-auto fire. So maybe Hillshire is the easily-show-shocked-expression type of person Very Happy

btw, on that scene, did Triela use a slug to lit up the van, then use normal shell for the guy hiding behind it?!??! Due to the terrible detail, it looked like the door was hit by a .50 or a cannon round. It just didn't add up (to be fair, the 1st season did lack some detail such as the exit wound/trauma on the bad guy hit by Rico's 7.62x54

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanatos Wed 16 Jan 2008 - 18:11

You guys also have to realized that this is only the first episode....

Thanatos

Male

Fan of : Portugal

Original Characters : DUR HUR

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Wed 16 Jan 2008 - 18:42

Thanatos wrote:You guys also have to realized that this is only the first episode....

Still the first episode in the first season was amazingly flawless. (As was the entire series) The second season just feels like it was thrown together with no care, thought, and little effort...
Triela
Triela

Female

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Wed 16 Jan 2008 - 20:23

Wileama wrote:Art work aside I didn't mind the action. I just thought it was bad. How does a shot in the arm not only instantly kill...
12 gauge slug (which can be as large as .73" in diameter. With a 3.5" magnum powder load behind it, you're talking some serious firepower).
So, it went through the car door, arm, ribcage, lungs, heart, other arm, and other car door. Gotta love a messy kill.
Wileama wrote:...but also cause you to fall out of the car?!
valid point. that breaks suspension of disbelief pretty thoroughly.
The only explaination is a longshot from hell: the slug passed through the door's latching mechanism on its way out of the van, and the man lurched to his left as he was shot, causing him to tumble out of the car.
Thanatos wrote:You guys also have to realized that this is only the first episode....
took the words right outta my mouth. Episode 2 (even just in Japanese) cleared up my misgivings pretty quickly.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Thu 17 Jan 2008 - 1:14

I think Wileama was referring to the guy Henrietta shot.
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Forum Posts : 618

Comments : It's like a 5 hour orgasm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Thu 17 Jan 2008 - 2:14

episode 3 preview

Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion - Page 3 03img

need i say more?
Totoum
Totoum

Male

Forum Posts : 480

Fan of : claes

Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Thu 17 Jan 2008 - 7:06

Totoum wrote:episode 3 preview

Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion - Page 3 03img

need i say more?

:yaay:
Triela
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Thu 17 Jan 2008 - 9:55

Sintendo wrote:I think Wileama was referring to the guy Henrietta shot.
ah. I see. I was assuming she hit that guy multiple times in the torso when I saw it... and that somebody pushed him outta the car.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Thu 17 Jan 2008 - 12:14

I'll wait on the sub before I watch episode two. I hope as much as I dare to hope. However one is afraid of the pain of a broken heart.

As to being pushed out of the car. That is the quickest I have ever seen someone give up a comrade. The only reason he feel out was to force Jose to stop, so he would hold Henrietta. I get it, but I still think it's poor story telling.

Also about the guy in the drivers seat Triela murderated. I would think she would shoot through the window rather then the door. Sure there's less of the target exposed, but it's the more important parts like the head. What ever, waiting for episode two, and three Triela is awesome.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Thu 17 Jan 2008 - 13:19

Finally saw ep.2. It didn’t bug me quite as much as ep.1, but that’s only because I’m starting to accept the fact that the animation is shit and bitching about it isn’t going to change anything.

Oh what the hell, I’m going to bitch anyway - is it just me or did Hillshire go from a 35 year old man to an 18 year old kid?
And the anime/alien girls still bug the crap out of me!
Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion - Page 3 95912
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Thu 17 Jan 2008 - 13:24

Danjo3 wrote:
Oh what the hell, I’m going to bitch anyway - is it just me or did everyone except Jean go from a 35 year old man to an 18 year old kid?
And the anime/alien girls still bug the crap out of me! Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion - Page 3 95912

Fix'd
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Thu 17 Jan 2008 - 14:30

Sintendo wrote:
Danjo3 wrote:
Oh what the hell, I’m going to bitch anyway - is it just me or did everyone except Jean go from a 35 year old man to an 18 year old kid?
And the anime/alien girls still bug the crap out of me! Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion - Page 3 95912

Fix'd

Nah, even Jean has that pretty boy look too... ;_;
Triela
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanatos Thu 17 Jan 2008 - 15:27

Triela wrote:Nah, even Jean has that pretty boy look too... ;_;

Not really, no. He looks and sounds pretty much the same.

Thanatos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Thu 17 Jan 2008 - 15:44

Thanatos wrote:
Triela wrote:Nah, even Jean has that pretty boy look too... ;_;

Not really, no. He looks and sounds pretty much the same.

Maybe it's not as noticable but it still annoyes me. When I saw Marco in episode 2 I almost DIED. What did they do to him!? And Angelica!? She looks aweful too! >_< I loved the very end though, when you see Triela standing there. She's so pretty! ^_^
Triela
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2008 - 22:32

I have to agree on the Jean. I don't know if I'd describe it as "pretty boy", but his eyes (even though they aren't that big) look really strange (all round, noticable, glossy, and emotional or something - I really don't know).

On a side note, Triela's eye size has been altered the least.

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Thu 17 Jan 2008 - 23:55

Yeah. Triela looks the most like the Triela from the first season. I'm happy about that! ^_^
Triela
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Fri 18 Jan 2008 - 2:57

Triela wrote:I loved the very end though, when you see Triela standing there. She's so pretty! ^_^
It was pretty neat how they did that - especially when you know what's in store for her. At least they're keeping her true to character. I think I'd slit a wrist if they had her making Henrietta cute sounds.

Speaking of cute, I did like Aurora. I would love to see how she would have looked had she been in the first season.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Fri 18 Jan 2008 - 23:52

Danjo3 wrote:
Triela wrote:I loved the very end though, when you see Triela standing there. She's so pretty! ^_^
It was pretty neat how they did that - especially when you know what's in store for her. At least they're keeping her true to character. I think I'd slit a wrist if they had her making Henrietta cute sounds.

I would have killed myself too! At least one girl is still in character (excluding Henrietta and Rico...) Hissy fit

Look at this picture and tell me what you think is wrong. I saw it when I watched the second episdoe and it still bugs me...

Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion - Page 3 Gunslinger2_78
Triela
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 19 Jan 2008 - 0:09

At first glance, the answer would seem to be 'Hillshire's ear'. After a more detailed look, 'everything' would be more appropriate.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Sat 19 Jan 2008 - 0:11

Nachtsider wrote:At first glance, the answer would seem to be 'Hillshire's ear'. After a more detailed look, 'everything' would be more appropriate.

Bingo!! ^o^ It makes me soooo mad! It looks so sloppy and awful... And looking at the whole picture makes it even worse... ;_;
Triela
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Sat 19 Jan 2008 - 2:04

What was wrong with Rico?
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanatos Sat 19 Jan 2008 - 11:50

Sintendo wrote:What was wrong with Rico?

I think she meant to say that Rico was in-character with her manga persona. If anything the first season who diversed a little from her character. She seemed to be somewhat disconnected with the life she enjoys so much.

Just a little though.

Last edited by on Sat 19 Jan 2008 - 22:03; edited 1 time in total

Thanatos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2008 - 17:59

Danjo3 wrote:Speaking of cute, I did like Aurora. I would love to see how she would have looked had she been in the first season.

that is spot on. I felt like her design is 100% close to the manga. heh, makes me want to see Aurora as one of the GSG...even if it's contrary to Triela's will (refer to manga story).hmmm, I think most of the characters resemble the manga more. Thanatos is right, this Rico is the manga's Rico. The 1st season was the one that "rediscovered" the characters look. Not that I'm complaining.

Btw, I might be slow on this and everybody already saw it, but is Triela left handed in this new season? or is she trained to be ambidextrous to shoot from that position ie. obstacle on the right. With dominant/non-dominant eye issue, that 'd be hard for a normal person to do.

ps. where is that 3rd episode preview from? My google-fu is weak today

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 19 Jan 2008 - 18:45

Triela's always been ambidextrous, Wasyhuu - she could fire pistols with both hands in Episode Four of Season One. And she's never been a normal person, either - at least, not after getting roboticized.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2008 - 22:51

Wasyhuu wrote:Thanatos is right, this Rico is the manga's Rico. The 1st season was
the one that "rediscovered" the characters look.
In what way?

The only (I don't think the word "only" fits well here) difference I can see between the seasons are the oversized eyes, with new contour shape (different then the manga), and the hair that seems too long. [Then there is the general lack of detail, sloppy line, and lack of shading, but that goes more under style then character design as such.]

In LoC's sig you can get a pretty good comparison of the two Rico's faces.

I guess I just can't get over what they did to teh art style in season 2 [vent frustration] #$@!*!!%@&# :x [/vent]

@Thanatos. You were reffering to character as in personality (as well), right? I didn't really notice much of a change. What in particular did you find more 'true to character'?

The interaction between Jean and Rico was slightly warmer then s1. It would have been very heart warming if it was presented in the right way and with the right grafics. [damn!]

In general all the cyborgs are a lot more serious while working, especially the high conditioning ones, so this is a bit different, I guess.

(I can't seem to stop complaining about this seson. I wish I had subs of further spisodes. As it is I'm left to rethink the bad impression the first episode gave me over and over, rather then giving it all a chance. Whan are those subs coming?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 0:10

Thanatos wrote:
What I dislike most about this season is the change in the style of the art, of the faces, and of the personallity of the girls.

Softer faces, and yes, overly moe Henrietta.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 0:11

'Moe'?
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 0:16

Nachtsider wrote:'Moe'?
Japanese Slang.

"Anime and manga characters that are described as moe are often young, naïve, cute and innocent."

It is used a lot now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 0:18

Thanks, Bryn.

I'm illiterate where it comes to Japanese slang, and otaku terminology gives me a headache.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 0:24

Moe is such an awesome word, it fully discribes some Anime characters perfectly.

When I say "overly moe" I mean she looks too cute, too innocent, just, un-GSG like.

Pronounced "mo-eh".

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 0:27

Moh... eh.

Uh-huh.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 0:41

Doesn't sound too good, just "Moe" sounds better, but hey, I didn't make the word.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanatos Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 8:59

Second episode subbed by The Triad.

Gonna check it out and post my impressions later.

Thanatos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 17:40

Awesome, I'm acquiring it as we speak.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 19:20

I really really really want to like this new series Sad , but Marco voice on Helium and all the new costume, face design, iris size, tone, and emotion expression on Triela and Hillshire just don't do it for me.

EDIT: to be fair, Triela with her hair down in ep. 1 did actually look like her manga-vol3-to-5 self. Kudos to the animator for that brief precious scene. What is it really that makes thedifference :iiam: the eye brow? the pensive expression, aaaah, angst ! angst!

OTOH, I thought Pino and Aurora are drawn and voiced rather nicely. Good atmosphere, too. Perhaps that's because I never saw these two outside the manga. hmmmmmm, that must be it, gotta forget everything from season I in order to enjoy this season. However, I'm begging all the powers that be, if they're going to animate the flashback of Hillshire, Rachelle, and Triela, I hope there's a sudden budget increase right there and then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 19:28

Do you believe in providence? 'Caus that's the only thing that can save us now...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 20:11

BrynTheSkits wrote:
Thanatos wrote:

Softer faces, and yes, overly moe Henrietta.

hmmm, from that scene in the manga with her swaddling in Jose's tshirt, I've always seen her as 'moe-ish.' So I thought her gestures in 2nd season is spot-on

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 21:28

you know how I said I could forgive the art if the story became more Gunslinger girl? Well I can forgive most of the art in the second episode for not being as awesome as season one. The only thing that really broke it for me was Marco's voice. Well, what are you going to do?

Anyway that brief moment moment where Rico is showing off her MG3 is totally awesome. The only real question left is can they fix the combat as well. I'm willing to bet the action we see in episode three will be way better then what was in episode 1. So yeah I have hope again, this season can still be good.

One last thing, I like Angelica. I can understand them saying, wait no Angelica isn't dead, our bad. Still though it does feel to me like a cop out.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 21:31

wasyhuu wrote:
BrynTheSkits wrote:
Thanatos wrote:

Softer faces, and yes, overly moe Henrietta.

hmmm, from that scene in the manga with her swaddling in Jose's tshirt, I've always seen her as 'moe-ish.' So I thought her gestures in 2nd season is spot-on

For her to make those weird noises as well? That's soooo not Henrietta like.

I saw screenshots from the 3rd episode (Triela vs. Pinocchio Round 1) I thought it looked awesome... and of corse I saved evey picture of Triela onto my computer. ^o^ I can't wait to see it animated (youtube hurry up!!) Soooo... I hope this episode doesn't disappoint...
Triela
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 21:39

Watching ep 2 right now. So far there's some hope. The eyes are still big, and the art not as detailed as it could be, but there is some atmosphere, and purpose to what is happening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 22:14

Ok, time for first impressions.

The beggining was actually quite good. Reasuring anyway. It slowed down later, but I think I can watch the series now (after ep1 I had my doubts).

Some random observations:

Art berable, and, at times, good at giving the series back its texture.

Franca seems a lot softer both in her looks and manners then I imagined from the manga.

Yeah, Marco's voice is strange.

Hillshire appears insanely tall in that one scene next to the door. He would have to bow his head to get through.

The ear (that Triela ponted out) looks even weirder when you see it in the episode rather then as a screen cap.

I don't like the Rico design in s2. :-(

Did Jean pat Rico on the head in the background when Marco and Hillshire were talking? (Can't wait for her to fire that MG3.)

Tirala, at the end, is in the classic innocent school girl pose (from top fiddling in the dirt with her foot).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next