Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion

+25
Ghostfriendly
TTIO
Ggultra2764
Kiskaloo
boomer_gonz
Sakura
Utsurokuri
Piero
Sheo Darren
Probit Return
Tommygunner70
emperor
West Nile
Whatface
sasahara17
Danjo3
Thanatos
Nachtsider
ElfenMagix
rusty-spring
LoC978
Triela
Wileama
Totoum
Sintendo
29 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion Empty Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion

Post by Sintendo Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 15:55

So now that episode one is here, post your thoughts on it.

My thoughts:

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO GUISEPPE?
Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion 1199736042141

My god... he's become SO EMO that he reverted to his youthful days as a happy-go-lucky COLLEGE STUDENT!
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Forum Posts : 618

Comments : It's like a 5 hour orgasm.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion Empty Re: Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion

Post by Guest Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 16:06

Sintendo wrote:So now that episode one is here, post your thoughts on it.

My thoughts:

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO GUISEPPE?
Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion 1199736042141

My god... he's become SO EMO that he reverted to his youthful days as a happy-go-lucky COLLEGE STUDENT!

oO

Back to top Go down

Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion Empty Re: Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion

Post by Guest Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 16:52

They killed all the details that made the anime look so awesome...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 16:59

I gotta admit, though, the intro fits VERY nicely... I'm uploading up onto you tube now.
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 17:28

Wait...Isn't that screen cap from the first series?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 17:48

Left = Season 1
Right = season 2

Also, I DO NOT LIKE JEAN'S VOICE. HE SOUNDS LIKE ROBOCOP/TERMINATOR.

Edit: I'm mean, seriously, the voice actor's voice is way too deep for this kind of role...

Edit2: Fucking hell...honestly.... :adminsmash:

Last edited by on Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 17:57; edited 1 time in total
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 17:55

Sintendo wrote:I gotta admit, though, the intro fits VERY nicely... I'm uploading up onto you tube now.

Say, did you finish uploading it?
I can't dl the torrent with the connection I have, and I really want to hear the intro Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 17:58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOKo1Mm7DZ4
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 18:01

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 18:30

watched it a second time,not great,but could have been a lot worst,i knew the animation would take a hit since it wasn't madhouse doing it.
i can understand why they wanted to start out with some action but hope that's all the filler we get,i won't judge the 2nd season yet,not based on what is basicly a fillerish episode (or was the action part in the manga and i completely forgot?)but I definitly wouldn't mind if madhouse would do their adaptation someday (i can dream can't i?)
Totoum
Totoum

Male

Forum Posts : 480

Fan of : claes

Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 18:36

I reserve all judgement until I actually watch the first episode. However I'm not holding my breath.

P.S. Sintendo let me now when your done with that upload. Waiting is so very hard. >_<
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 18:40

Totoum wrote:watched it a second time,not great,but could have been a lot worst,i knew the animation would take a hit since it wasn't madhouse doing it.
i can understand why they wanted to start out with some action but hope that's all the filler we get,i won't judge the 2nd season yet,not based on what is basicly a fillerish episode (or was the action part in the manga and i completely forgot?)but I definitly wouldn't mind if madhouse would do their adaptation someday (i can dream can't i?)

That entire action scene wasn't in the manga (well... some guys did shoot at Guiseppe, but it was only a few frames).

Artlands animation team is actually pretty good (just not as renowned as Madhouse). They did an awesome job for Mushi-shi, so I'm hoping they do the same.

Wileama wrote:P.S. Sintendo let me now when your done with that upload. Waiting is so very hard. >_<

Beat you by a half-hour dude... :iiams:
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 18:55

Sintendo wrote:Artlands animation team is actually pretty good (just not as renowned as Madhouse). They did an awesome job for Mushi-shi, so I'm hoping they do the same.

Not saying it was bad,like it better than what bee train did with el cazador for exemple.

Forgot to mention,we see every girl,even beatrice,but no angelica,still wonder if she's in or not.
Totoum
Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 19:22

That opening was SUCH a joke... I hated it. Not Gunslinger Girl at all. It didn't give me chills like the first opening did, it just made me mad.

Light Before We Land all the way!
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 19:25

Sintendo wrote:Beat you by a half-hour dude... :iiams:
Note to self: Refresh pages before replying to them. Sorry about that :oops:

\\Watchs
I don't know. Just doesn't do it for me. I think I like the first season opening more.
\\Sigh

Anyway I'm of the opinion Angelica wont be making an appearance in season two.
Spoiler:
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 19:26

Triela wrote:That opening was SUCH a joke... I hated it. Not Gunslinger Girl at all. It didn't give me chills like the first opening did, it just made me mad.

Light Before We Land all the way!

It's grown on me,i'm with sintendo,it fits,or at least,it fits with "il teatrino".
Totoum
Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 19:41

Wileama wrote:Anyway I'm of the opinion Angelica wont be making an appearance in season two.
...I wonder who shoots Franca in the last episode, then...
Spoiler:
Vol5:
pg154
pg155
pg156
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 19:46

You still have Henrietta, and Beatrice. This is one of those occasions where the anime, and manga split cannon wise. It's happened in plenty of other series, I don't see why this would be any different.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 19:52

Wileama wrote:You still have Henrietta, and Beatrice. This is one of those occasions where the anime, and manga split cannon wise. It's happened in plenty of other series, I don't see why this would be any different.

it would be interesting to see beatrice have a larger role

What is weird is that they did show concept art of marco and angelica,maybe they got cut after those were done.
Totoum
Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 20:49

I'm putting myself out for being hanged/quartered/burned at the stake, but I actually liked Il Teatrino's OP. Moreso than the first season's even. :|

Though, I didn't exactly like "Light Before We Land" in the first place. *shrugs then runs into protective bunker*

Last edited by on Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 20:54; edited 1 time in total
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 20:53

Totoum wrote:What is weird is that they did show concept art of marco and angelica,maybe they got cut after those were done.
I did forget about this.
Spoiler:

rusty-spring wrote:To be fair, I didn't exactly like "Light Before We Land" in the first place. *shrugs*
Different people, different tastes. I don't agree, but that's what makes life fun right?
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 20:55

I think GSG ended with Angelica "dieing" because they wanted to keep you guessing. You didn't know wheather she fell asleep or died. I don't think the second season will take out such an important character.
Triela
Triela

Female

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 21:04

Wileama wrote:
Different people, different tastes. I don't agree, but that's what makes life fun right?

Exactly. "Different strokes for different folks." Razz I haven't finished getting the RAW yet, but I hope the backgrounds and scenery look just as good as they did in the first season. That's what I loved most about the series.

EDIT: Just saw some screen caps and it looks like all the characters got a "Young" makeover. Heck, didn't think the girls could look much younger. You'd almost think *I* drew Giuseppe with how young he looks. Laughing

As someone mentioned before it, it looks like fine facial details got given the boot in exchange for cuteness. I think they look fine though, just different.

Last edited by on Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 21:10; edited 2 times in total
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 21:06

rusty-spring wrote:
Wileama wrote:

Exactly. "Different strokes for different folks." Razz I haven't finished getting the RAW yet, but I hope the backgrounds and scenery look just as good as they did in the first season. That's what I loved most about the series.

I hate to disappoint but the animation quality of the background is... mediocre at best. It suffers from the "Shaky camera" syndrome which results in one of the most boring riot scenes ever made...

Characters are swell, though... just whistlin'
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 21:38

Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion Rico1mr9

GAH! Baby kittens and puppies have nothing on this.

*Dies from cute-itis*
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 21:53

But Rico isn't supposed to be that cute... none of them are. They're supposed to be innocent, yes but also have that air of danger and darkness about them. Rico is the most energatic of them all but I think they over did it looking at the screenshot.
Triela
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 22:01

rusty-spring wrote:"Different strokes for different folks." Razz
I knew I had that saying wrong. Thanks, maybe I'll remember it this time. Anyway all this talk about the art is making me antsy. God damn it, can't someone translate this already. Gah!
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 22:23

Triela wrote:But Rico isn't supposed to be that cute... none of them are.

BLASPHEMY! That's their most dangerous weapon!

...seriously...
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 22:38

rusty-spring wrote:Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion Rico1mr9

GAH! Baby kittens and puppies have nothing on this.

*Dies from cute-itis*
ACK! She Got No Teeth!
No! She's Gonna Clamp On And Gum You To Death!
Ack! Noo!!!!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 7 Jan 2008 - 23:18

Those eyes look drug-addled.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 8 Jan 2008 - 0:30

Nachtsider wrote:Those eyes look drug-addled.
...at least they got one detail right.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 8 Jan 2008 - 0:33

The only time Rico ever looked drug-addled - apart from this screenshot, that is - was when she was giving Filippo that pep talk in Alfonso's van at the end of Episode Seven. Her eyes normally look sweet - I don't think it accurate to make her look like a stoner all the time.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 8 Jan 2008 - 1:11

yeah... it was just a lame joke referring to her high level of conditioning. *shrug* not serious.
... she reminds me of Ellis from El Cazador de la Bruja in that pic, though:
Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion Icandothattoo2
Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion Vlcsnap-32871
then again, Ellis always reminded me a little of Rico... *head asplode*
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 8 Jan 2008 - 2:13

The thing about Rico is that Yu appears to contradict himself regarding her level of conditioning - if she's so drugged-up, just how does she recall her past? Theoretically, Rico should be going downhill faster than Angie.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Tue 8 Jan 2008 - 2:16

LoC978 wrote:
... she reminds me of Ellis from El Cazador de la Bruja in that pic, though:
Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion Icandothattoo2
Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion Vlcsnap-32871
then again, Ellis always reminded me a little of Rico... *head asplode*

I agree. Too bad Rico doesn't have crazy psychic powers like Ellis Razz
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Tue 8 Jan 2008 - 3:12

Triela wrote:But Rico isn't supposed to be that cute... none of them are. They're supposed to be innocent, yes but also have that air of danger and darkness about them. Rico is the most energatic of them all but I think they over did it looking at the screenshot.

completely disagree,i agree with sintendo,the cuteness is their first weapon if there was an air of danger and darkness about them people would suspect something.

rusty-spring wrote:I agree. Too bad Rico doesn't have crazy psychic powers like Ellis Razz

I'm sure the SWA is working on it Very Happy
Totoum
Totoum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 8 Jan 2008 - 6:31

Totoum wrote:completely disagree,i agree with sintendo,the cuteness is their first weapon if there was an air of danger and darkness about them people would suspect something.

Quoted for truth. Don't forget that their youth plays a vital role, too - the last person you'd suspect of being a superhuman, cybernetically-enhanced killing machine would be a small child.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Tue 8 Jan 2008 - 6:42

Totoum wrote:
Triela wrote:But Rico isn't supposed to be that cute... none of them are. They're supposed to be innocent, yes but also have that air of danger and darkness about them. Rico is the most energatic of them all but I think they over did it looking at the screenshot.

completely disagree,i agree with sintendo,the cuteness is their first weapon if there was an air of danger and darkness about them people would suspect something.

Yes but to me it looks like they're over-doing it. Rico never acted like that in the first season. The till have a calmness ad maturaty about them because of the conditioning.
Triela
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 8 Jan 2008 - 8:58

I think it's not just the conditioning that does this to them, Triela - a military life tends to make a mature person out of you.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 8 Jan 2008 - 10:14

Nachtsider wrote:a military life tends to make a mature person out of you.
...not always true. It only works for thinking people. I've worked alongside soldiers with all the maturity of an eight-year-old. If there's one thing about the American army, it's that it makes dealing with everyday life a non-issue for its soldiers. Everything's always taken care of.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Tue 8 Jan 2008 - 11:53

LoC978 wrote:
...not always true. It only works for thinking people. I've worked alongside soldiers with all the maturity of an eight-year-old.

I have to agree with LoC. One of my best buddies from highschool joined the Army to help pay for college and stuff. Been to Iraq, been shot at by mortars and has killed people in return. If anything, he's become MORE immature from his military service.

He's just physically stronger now and knows how to fire a .50 cal. Razz
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Tue 8 Jan 2008 - 21:44

LoC978 wrote:
...not always true.
Roger that. There are some people who will never grow up. Anyway I do agree that the girls have a certain level of maturity beyond their years. However I always viewed this more in terms of a terminally ill child. They have to start dealing with issues most people don't serious consider for decades. They walk around aware that every day could be their last. That's the kind of maturity I see in the girls.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Tue 8 Jan 2008 - 23:32

Here's something I just found out: Bitches.

Why are SOOOOOOOO many people bitching - not about the show, the animation, or the character design - but about the Opening theme?

They didn't get The Delgados (probably couldn't due to them not being together anymore). Get over it.
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 9 Jan 2008 - 7:11

According to animenewsnetwork there still are voice actors for angelica and marco. I would be very surprised if they would not make an appearance.

Already the first anime series was a clear spinoff, with several new scenes added and some removed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 9 Jan 2008 - 7:45

Sintendo wrote:Why are SOOOOOOOO many people bitching - not about the show, the animation, or the character design - but about the Opening theme?

I can't believe anybody could have anything against the new opening theme. It sounds lovely. The ending theme's a little lackluster, but agreeable nonetheless.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 9 Jan 2008 - 12:27

Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Discussion 77718209mw2
Cry

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanatos Wed 9 Jan 2008 - 13:07

Nachtsider wrote:I can't believe anybody could have anything against the new opening theme. It sounds lovely. The ending theme's a little lackluster, but agreeable nonetheless.

The visuals are really nice but J-music really doesn´t go well with
Gunslinger Girl, ironic as it sounds. Still, i knew that it was
probably not going to be as good since the Delgados song that was used
mixed with the series´story in such a perfect way that it was almost
impossible to top.

Thanatos

Male

Forum Posts : 140

Fan of : Portugal

Original Characters : DUR HUR

Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 9 Jan 2008 - 17:12

Well to be honest I think that GSG original opening was one of the greatest openings ever made. Cowboy Bebop and Hellsing are the other ones compething from that place. To be honest most of Jpop and Jrock is crap. There are some excellent performers like Tsuneo Imahori, Yoko Kanno, Yasushi Ishi and few others. However most of it doesnt sound very good and spoils the mood of the series.

I think that the new opening is just plain horrendous. Where is all the sadness and strong emotions from the first opening?

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Wed 9 Jan 2008 - 17:20

TinyTony wrote:Well to be honest I think that GSG original opening was one of the greatest openings ever made.

I feel the same way. Every single time I watch a GSG episode I never EVER skip the opening. Other anime I do, all the time. Light Before We Land and GSG in general is just very special to me.
Triela
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Wed 9 Jan 2008 - 17:40

Maybe they were trying to imply a more optimistic future for the girls...

Anyways, who knows why they didn't go with The Delgados again, but I happen to love the new opening.
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next