Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How's the weather where you are at?

+16
maverick375
sherocks
Il Direttore
TeaTimeNinja
valera_firefox
Officer_Charon
PSVT
taerKitty
tremec6speed
MP5
Awinnell
Kiskaloo
Thescarredman
PolosElite23
Professor Voodoo
Alfisti
20 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

How's the weather where you are at? - Page 4 Empty Re: How's the weather where you are at?

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 16 Feb 2015 - 21:12

After what has seemed like weeks of clouds and rain, the sun has finally come out in Seattle and we've been treated to some spectacular sunrises and sunsets:

How's the weather where you are at? - Page 4 2015.02.15

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

How's the weather where you are at? - Page 4 Empty Re: How's the weather where you are at?

Post by Thescarredman Mon 16 Feb 2015 - 21:26

Beauteous. I really like these backyard photos, Kisk.

Thescarredman

Forum Posts : 2226

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 Mon 16 Feb 2015 - 21:50

And I don't know what the weather is like up-state TSM, but down here we've gotten about 8in of snow, cloudy and windy weather with temps in the low single-digits. Supposed to go sub-zero tonight...yay for Level 2 Snow Emergencies.

Also, our traffic people are pretty incompetent. Just want to note that....

PolosElite23

Forum Posts : 936

Registration date : 2013-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT Mon 16 Feb 2015 - 22:11

Hmmm... seeing all this stuff about snow and ice and whatnot, I'm just glad to see that for a few days it's decided to be winter here in southeast Texas. Otherwise it's been >70 degrees, and occasionally >= 80 degrees, over this way. Winter that most definitely is not.

PSVT

Forum Posts : 556

Registration date : 2014-05-27
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 5:44

Could be in for a wet weekend...
How's the weather where you are at? - Page 4 11001724_783094938452962_4251725799226367980_n

Edit: Well, that escalated quickly, what a difference 24 hours makes.
How's the weather where you are at? - Page 4 10420157_966350016710589_1569092737763409033_n

TC Marcia is expected to cross the coast tomorrow morning as a Cat 5 Cyclone. Should blow itself out to a tropical low by the time it gets down here, but I'm glad I'm not doing the Brisbane-Gladstone weekly commute anymore.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5880

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 0:23

Ouch... that does seem like a real pain. And a Category 5 as well. I know the Pacific usually gets more and much stronger tropical cyclones than what we get in the Gulf of Mexico, so Australia may be (hopefully) better prepared. But, in any case, the best of luck to you.

PSVT

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 2:39

PSVT wrote:Ouch... that does seem like a real pain. And a Category 5 as well. I know the Pacific usually gets more and much stronger tropical cyclones than what we get in the Gulf of Mexico, so Australia may be (hopefully) better prepared. But, in any case, the best of luck to you.
It's been interesting to watch actually. Even yesterday morning, it was still expected to come across the coast as a Cat 1 or 2, so everyone was a bit "meh", sure it was a little far south, but generally, not that big of a deal. Then through the day the forecast magnitude kept going up until, sometime late yesterday afternoon, everyone finally sort of went "hey, this might actually just be a thing".

As to how things hold up, we shall see. As noted before, it's unusual to see a cyclone come this far south, and I certainly can't remember a Cat 5 all the way down here, so I'm not certain if the building code is for things this strong. That said, the emergency services tend to be pretty good, and in terms of getting information out the Queensland Police social media team is brilliant, with the occasional jab at Council:

"Localised flooding on the usual suspects across Brisbane".

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Feb 2015 - 19:15

just another lovely day in Mongolia -9F and -33F with the wind chill

Back to top Go down

Post by sherocks Fri 27 Feb 2015 - 20:07

its cold..very cold

sherocks

Forum Posts : 10

Registration date : 2014-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty Mon 2 Mar 2015 - 9:19

Where be ye (ye scurvy bilge rat?)

Side note: Windows Phone 8's suggested next word feature actually suggests the stuff in the parentheses once the stuff outside the parentheses is entered.
taerKitty
taerKitty

Male

Forum Posts : 1211

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : Dina & Paolo

Comments : The feelz... the feelz...

Registration date : 2012-01-22
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by sherocks Fri 13 Mar 2015 - 16:51

its been raining all day Sad

sherocks

Female

Forum Posts : 10

Fan of : rory

Original Characters : none yet

Comments : none yet

Registration date : 2014-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 27 Mar 2015 - 11:05

It was magnificent yesterday, with plenty of sun and temps in the mid-70°s F / mid-20°s C and mild breezes.

Hopefully more of the same today!
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Mar 2015 - 9:08

I had 2-3 inches of snow yesterday, but it is warmer out so I guess that is a good thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 Thu 9 Apr 2015 - 16:48

Okay storm. I get it. I dissed your OTP or something, somehow. I get it...just please stahp.

How's the weather where you are at? - Page 4 11150978_1632126067022964_3011819371931055191_n

Pictures from around town::

Powerlines down, roads flooded, trees littering the streets.

Yay...Weather plz.

Did I mention there are reports of tornadoes.

Go home weather you're drunk.
PolosElite23
PolosElite23

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire, and Angelica

Original Characters : Various

Comments : A journey of a lifetime starts with a blinking cursor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 9 Apr 2015 - 16:52

Sunny and warm here. cheers
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 Thu 9 Apr 2015 - 16:53

Kiskaloo wrote:Sunny and warm here. cheers
Lucky you...Oh hey the rain started up again...lovely....
PolosElite23
PolosElite23

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Fri 10 Apr 2015 - 11:32

Kiskaloo wrote:Sunny and warm here. cheers

Snap! though we are having poor air quality due to air pollution from the continent and dust from the Sahara mixing over us !
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Fri 10 Apr 2015 - 12:46

Last night about 20:30, the National Weather Service halted TV programming to issue a tornado warning - meaning one had been spotted. I shut off the computers just in time to hear the sirens outside winding up. Being the sensible person that I am, I rushed outside to look for funnel clouds.

It was phenomenal. No funnels, but the clouds were moving through the sky at express-train speed, and not all in the same direction. A heavy rumble filled the air, like a long train going by. Lightning flashed constantly, going from cloud to cloud and stretching across half the sky.

After about fifteen minutes, the front passed by, and the skies cleared enough for a couple minutes of sunshine before sunset. best fireworks show since I saw the northern lights in northern Michigan ten years ago.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by TeaTimeNinja Fri 10 Apr 2015 - 13:36

Glad you're ok buddy, tornadoes are the real deal. I witnessed the oklahoma tornado of may 3rd 1999, F5! 

I hope you snapped a couple pictures?
TeaTimeNinja
TeaTimeNinja

Male

Forum Posts : 507

Fan of : Rico

Original Characters : Elly + Pete

Comments : Legalize wheelies.

Registration date : 2014-07-30
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Fri 10 Apr 2015 - 16:49

TeaTimeNinja wrote:Glad you're ok buddy, tornadoes are the real deal. I witnessed the oklahoma tornado of may 3rd 1999, F5! 

I hope you snapped a couple pictures?

You remember a tornado you saw when you were 4?

No, I didn't get any pictures. but I won't need any to remember it in detail.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by TeaTimeNinja Fri 10 Apr 2015 - 17:33

Thescarredman wrote:You remember a tornado you saw when you were 4?

No, I didn't get any pictures. but I won't need any to remember it in detail.
Yessir. When something crazy happens I guess your memory gets sharper or something.

Just become a storm chaser, maybe thats your true calling.
TeaTimeNinja
TeaTimeNinja

Male

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 10 Apr 2015 - 20:52

Thescarredman wrote:Last night about 20:30, the National Weather Service halted TV programming to issue a tornado warning - meaning one had been spotted. I shut off the computers just in time to hear the sirens outside winding up. Being the sensible person that I am, I rushed outside to look for funnel clouds.

It was phenomenal. No funnels, but the clouds were moving through the sky at express-train speed, and not all in the same direction. A heavy rumble filled the air, like a long train going by. Lightning flashed constantly, going from cloud to cloud and stretching across half the sky.

After about fifteen minutes, the front passed by, and the skies cleared enough for a couple minutes of sunshine before sunset. best fireworks show since I saw the northern lights in northern Michigan ten years ago.
There's something about watching really potentially destructive weather roll in that just never gets old...
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Fri 10 Apr 2015 - 23:11

I saw the video of the one that hit Illinois yesterday. That was a nice sized one. Definitely the type you dont sit around and watch.
I've felt a micro-burst hit the area where I lived a few years ago. About 1/8 or 1/4 a mile in diameter or so, just slammed down. I saw a few of the trees in the back seem like they laid down for a good two seconds before springing back up. Trees, as in older ones, not younger ones. Strangest and scariest thing I've ever experienced.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Apr 2015 - 5:37

Back to the lovely freezing weather of Mongolia..... well I hope it doesn't last to much longer

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 Sat 11 Apr 2015 - 20:33

We didn't have a tornado, but we had tornado level winds apparently...

Glad you're okay TSM.
PolosElite23
PolosElite23

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 1 May 2015 - 2:16

Bucketing down solidly since yesterday.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 May 2015 - 19:58

Had some flurries on Sunday but today it is officially back in the 70s, and its about dam time

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 8 Jun 2015 - 20:46

Too bloody hot.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT Mon 8 Jun 2015 - 22:05

Kiskaloo wrote:Too bloody hot.

You'll really hate it down here then.
PSVT
PSVT

Male

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : Giancarlo Rossi and his cyborgs Valentina R. and Eleonora R.; James Bernard and his cyborg Rachelle

Comments : Working on an actual story now, so please be patient... ^_^;

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT Mon 15 Jun 2015 - 20:47

It's been really rainy off and on for the most part, but it's about to get a whole lot worse once this tropical disturbance finally comes ashore.

Edit: Make that Tropical Storm Bill. At least the center is predicted to hit land well south of where I am, though the rain bands stretch pretty far. Let's hope it remains a mere tropical storm and doesn't strengthen any more.
PSVT
PSVT

Male

Original Characters : Giancarlo Rossi and his cyborgs Valentina R. and Eleonora R.; James Bernard and his cyborg Rachelle

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 27 Jun 2015 - 20:32

Hotter than hell - mid-90's
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 29 Jun 2015 - 5:49

Big lightning storm just started to move through.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 17 Jul 2015 - 3:19

Been a bit chillier than usual...
How's the weather where you are at? - Page 4 11745435_377573162435142_5007568361369820568_n

Photo via Higgins Storm Chasing ... I suspect this is actually somewhere up on the granite belt.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Fri 17 Jul 2015 - 6:15

Alfisti wrote:Been a bit chillier than usual...

Let's see them race Bathurst in these conditions.
How's the weather where you are at? - Page 4 Genera10

Link to motorsport.com article
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 17 Jul 2015 - 6:47

I'd watch it.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 17 Jul 2015 - 9:52

Alfisti wrote:I'd watch it.

I'd attend it.

Back at home, after two weeks in the mid-to-upper 70's, we're going to be back into the 90's at least for the weekend. Alas, I'll only be in the office for a few hours tomorrow since it's a light duty day, so more roasting for this kitty. Sad
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Fri 17 Jul 2015 - 17:59

We have Kisk's weather from last week: temp and humidity in the 90's. The AC at work is nuclear powered, I think, and they can't keep it from taking the inside temp down into the lower 70's. I'm actually wearing a coat. Then when I step outside, I feel like a potato in a crock pot.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sat 18 Jul 2015 - 21:09

The weather right now
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by TeaTimeNinja Sat 18 Jul 2015 - 21:56

it's acid rain, eh? get it?
TeaTimeNinja
TeaTimeNinja

Male

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 16:32

It was 100 yesterday.

It is 75 today. Smile
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 20:35

hazy, hot, and humid, around 90F

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 21:36

The Blood Moon has just reached its midpoint in my part of the world. Eerie, and cool.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by TeaTimeNinja Sun 27 Sep 2015 - 23:58

It was too cloudy for me, so i played halo for 3 hours instead. four-player split screen, baby.
TeaTimeNinja
TeaTimeNinja

Male

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Sat 21 Nov 2015 - 15:26

First snow of the season: Big, fat, wet flakes falling straight down like something from a Christmas movie.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 21 Nov 2015 - 19:01

It's cold enough to snow, but been clear so far.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sun 22 Nov 2015 - 1:14

Cooler today, but finally had to break out the airconditioner yesterday.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Nov 2015 - 6:10

Currently freezing my ass off in Mongolia with -20F weather

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Mon 23 Nov 2015 - 15:01

The sun never sets on the Cyborg Central membership.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by PSVT Mon 23 Nov 2015 - 19:29

Slightly below freezing, going down to 26 °F tonight, but fortunately no precipitation. Otherwise it would snow right now.
PSVT
PSVT

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Nov 2015 - 19:33

PSVT wrote:Slightly below freezing, going down to 26 °F tonight, but fortunately no precipitation. Otherwise it would snow right now.

I hate you so much right now.  Put a negative on that number and its what I am currently dealing with, and I need to go shopping today.

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Tue 24 Nov 2015 - 3:22

crazyidiot78 wrote:
PSVT wrote:Slightly below freezing, going down to 26 °F tonight, but fortunately no precipitation. Otherwise it would snow right now.

I hate you so much right now.  Put a negative on that number and its what I am currently dealing with, and I need to go shopping today.

Shopping? That would it...TOBOGGAN TYYYME!!!
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Nov 2015 - 6:08

boomer_gonz wrote:
crazyidiot78 wrote:

Dam it boomer I just about killed myself on the ice and snow, not to mention freezing my balls off....

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Tue 24 Nov 2015 - 11:12

crazyidiot78 wrote:
boomer_gonz wrote:
crazyidiot78 wrote:

Dam it boomer I just about killed myself on the ice and snow, not to mention freezing my balls off....
Sorries. sweat
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Sun 10 Apr 2016 - 14:35

10th of April, and it's snowing. I shoveled my drive yesterday. Next week, likely, I'll be raking in shirtsleeves with dandelions popping up all over the lawn.

I love the Great Lakes.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016 - 5:28

May 11th and 4-5 inches of snow...... Mongolia had to remind me that I am in Mongolia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 7 Jun 2016 - 7:52

Orange, I have decided, is best suited to sitting inside, in front of a fire, looking at weather you'd rather not interact with. Wet, cold, and windy. Good GT driving weather as well...
How's the weather where you are at? - Page 4 13413010

...how we're going to go building a road in it though, I'm not entirely certain.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by San and Flo Tue 7 Jun 2016 - 9:05

Rainy season is kicking back in. School is back on June 14. Yeah.
San and Flo
San and Flo

Male

Forum Posts : 121

Fan of : Beatrice, Henrietta, Rico and Triela.

Original Characters : San and Letrice, Lawrence and Onyx

Comments : Let's see how many mags I can waste on one body.

Registration date : 2016-05-11
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 7 Jun 2016 - 12:20

Hot and dry for the past few days.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Tue 7 Jun 2016 - 16:43

Rainy but not hot. Ahh, it just stopped ah raining yes! Time to work on thee car!
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next