Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 World Motorsports Discussion Thread

+4
Alfisti
boomer_gonz
Kiskaloo
Professor Voodoo
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2013 World Motorsports Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 World Motorsports Discussion Thread

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 14 May 2013 - 10:22

With the 24 Hours of Le Mans on the horizon, I see SPEED is offering highlight coverage of the FIA World Endurance Championship. They did the Six Hours of Silverstone over the weekend and the 1000 Kilometres of Spa-Francorchamps will air on 25 May.

NBCSN is also continuing to broadcast the GP2 races - looks like we will get both Race 1 and Race 2 for Monaco.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

2013 World Motorsports Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 World Motorsports Discussion Thread

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 21 May 2013 - 21:59

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Wed 22 May 2013 - 22:17

YES.

Spoiler:

MP5

Forum Posts : 1767

Registration date : 2010-02-01
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 23 May 2013 - 4:27

Kiskaloo wrote:
I took a look at the new A class the other day... unfortunately my father then mentioned that it looks like the last model Holden (Opel, Vauxhall) Astra in the flesh, and now I can't unsee it.

Besides, I like the RR Wraith approach better:

Because I'm a selfish prick, and when thundering through the night don't intend to stop for anything beyond fuel and a pee.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5880

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 23 May 2013 - 11:01

I give Rolls credit for making the Wraith a very distinct body style so it doesn't quite suffer the stigma that the Ghost does (buying a Wraith instead of a Phantom Coupe can be made on more than just financial grounds).

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Thu 23 May 2013 - 16:33

This is going to be an interesting race...
http://www.indycar.com/Stats

Remember last year, I have always states that the Indy 500 was a chess game played at over 250mph, and that last years race with everybody riding the same car I said that somebody took the chess board and threw all the pieces off the board!

Seeing that Helio is less than .9mph from the pole sitter Ed Carpenter and Carlos Munez's top ever rookie speed putting him in the #2 position, this is going to be an interesting race! All 500 Miles of It!

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5682

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Fri 24 May 2013 - 4:45

Normally stuff like this goes in the "Lines you'd never hear..." thread, but since only F1 fans will understand this I'll leave it here.

2013 World Motorsports Discussion Thread - Page 2 Multi_10

Professor Voodoo

Forum Posts : 3428

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 24 May 2013 - 6:23

Professor Voodoo wrote:Normally stuff like this goes in the "Lines you'd never hear..." thread, but since only F1 fans will understand this I'll leave it here.

I should not have laughed... but I did.

Alfisti

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Fri 24 May 2013 - 14:30

Alfisti wrote:
Professor Voodoo wrote:Normally stuff like this goes in the "Lines you'd never hear..." thread, but since only F1 fans will understand this I'll leave it here.

I should not have laughed... but I did.

Zing!

MP5

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sat 25 May 2013 - 20:56

Here's your pre-race show for tonight:

via Motorsport Retro
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sun 26 May 2013 - 7:52

So... grid girl outfits for Monaco this year...
2013 World Motorsports Discussion Thread - Page 2 A3188be902aeebf7cb3a114b0fb78965

Huh... they even have the boots.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 26 May 2013 - 17:15

As soon as coverage started and I saw the grid girls I thought of Monty. sweat

(Outside the Tag Heuer Hospitality Suite)

Monty: "You're positive it was a random draw?"

Jethro: "Yes. Michele knows you don't like working with the other girls so he wouldn't have suggested that you be put in front of Alonso's car."

Monty: "He couldn't have suggested that I not be put in front of a Ferrari? It was bad enough trying to keep an eye on the mark without Kara hopping around me like a spastic rabbit."

Jethro's hand started to move automatically toward her shoulder, but he caught himself, mindful of the crush of people around him.

Jethro: "Monaco is her big weekend. Some of the staff joke that Padania keeps a low profile this time of year because they fear invoking Kara's wrath should she miss the race due to responding to an action. It's just our luck that Beloit chose to close his deal here."

Monty: "Sometimes I think if we didn't have bad luck, we'd have no luck at all."

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Sun 26 May 2013 - 18:28; edited 1 time in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 Sun 26 May 2013 - 17:55

Kiskaloo wrote:As soon as coverage started and I saw the grid girls I thought of Monty. 2013 World Motorsports Discussion Thread - Page 2 61015

Jethro: "Yes. Michele knows you don't like the working with the other girls so he wouldn't have suggested that you be put in front of Alonso's car."

Monty: "He couldn't have suggested that I not be put in front of a Ferrari? It was bad enough trying to keep an eye on the mark without Kara hopping around me like a spastic rabbit."

Jethro's hand started to move automatically toward her shoulder, but he caught himself, mindful of the crush of people around him.

Jethro: "Monaco is her big weekend. Some of the staff joke that Padania keeps a low profile this time of year because they fear invoking Kara's wrath should she miss the race due to responding to an action. It's just our luck that Beloit chose to close his deal here."

Monty: "Sometimes I think if we didn't have bad luck, we'd have no luck at all."
Jamiebel: If you didn't have good luck too, you'd still have no luck!

topgearbrzgt86

Male

Forum Posts : 453

Fan of : Top Gear, Initial D, etc.

Original Characters : Jim, Jamiebel, Davina, Bernan, Frédéric. (More to come.)

Comments : You have to leave the space. All the time you have to leave the space!
-Fernando Alonso

Registration date : 2013-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 26 May 2013 - 20:19

Bummer the Indy 500 had to end under yellow as it looked like it would have been an epic finish.

And what a cluster-f**k at the start of the Monaco GP2 Feature Race.

Another shot of the Grid Girls:

2013 World Motorsports Discussion Thread - Page 2 Monaco_2013_Grid-Girls
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 27 May 2013 - 4:11

Kiskaloo wrote:As soon as coverage started and I saw the grid girls I thought of Monty. 2013 World Motorsports Discussion Thread - Page 2 61015

Jethro: "Yes. Michele knows you don't like working with the other girls so he wouldn't have suggested that you be put in front of Alonso's car."

I know I'm going to regret saying this at some point... but that may need to become a drawing.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 29 May 2013 - 15:55

Been catching up on the first third of the 2013 WRC Championship (Rounds 1-5) and I must say I am most impressed with the new promoting team of Red Bull Media House and The Sportman Media Group. The HD coverage is amazing (especially the slow-motion) and and I much prefer the new flatter design aesthetic for the graphics.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 14:30

Someone remind me why I'm awake right now...

...oh, that's right: F1.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 15:47

If I'm honest, I'm not entirely convinced that race was worth getting up at 3:30am for.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 15:48

Alfisti wrote:If I'm honest, I'm not entirely convinced that race was worth getting up at 3:30am for.

Not when it's another Vettel-walk.

Also, everytime Kimi's pit crew bollockses something up, I imagine another run-on sentence.

"Jackguyyouarefuckingfired."
MP5
MP5

Male

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 22:46

Alfisti wrote:If I'm honest, I'm not entirely convinced that race was worth getting up at 3:30am for.

It was better in person. Smile
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 13:16

The first public photos of Porsche's new LMP contender for 2014 have been released...
2013 World Motorsports Discussion Thread - Page 2 AU1056052

With Audi & Toyota showing no signs of quitting, and hopefully Nissan re-joining as well 2014 looks to be a very interesting year at Le Mans. 
2013 World Motorsports Discussion Thread - Page 2 Nissan-LMP1-Concept-2014-Rendering-01-600x311
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 16:05

Sebastian Vettel extends Red Bull contract until the end of 2015
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 23 Jun 2013 - 21:21

The death of Allan Simonsen on Lap 3 at Tertre Rouge was the darkest cloud to fall on Le Mans, but weather clouds - especially a downpour with an hour to go - made this one of the more entertaining 24 Hours I've ever watched.

And if not for being at the Paris Air Show last year, I'd have been present for it (it would have been my fourth - I was there in 1989, 1992 and 2003). Cry
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 27 Jun 2013 - 20:07

Professor Voodoo wrote:The first public photos of Porsche's new LMP contender for 2014 have been released...

2013 World Motorsports Discussion Thread - Page 2 AU1056052

And Mark Webber is going to be one of the drivers.

Hopefully it's better than his last run in 1999 in the Mercedes CLR-GT1. Wink

Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Fri 28 Jun 2013 - 16:54

Kiskaloo wrote:Mark Webber is going to be one of the drivers.
The worst kept secret in motorsports becomes official.

So it's Webber plus Neel Jani, Romain Dumas and Timo Bernhard so far.  Assuming a 2-car team that's probably enough drivers for the regular World Sports Car Championship season, but if they add a 3rd car for Le Mans (like Audi does) that leaves 5 very desirable seats up for grabs...

Allison: (raising her hand and waving it frantically) OOH! OOH!  I volunteer!
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 Fri 28 Jun 2013 - 17:02

Professor Voodoo wrote:

So it's Webber plus Neel Jani, Romain Dumas and Timo Bernhard so far.  Assuming a 2-car team that's probably enough drivers for the regular World Sports Car Championship season, but if they add a 3rd car for Le Mans (like Audi does) that leaves 5 very desirable seats up for grabs...

Jim and Jamiebel: (raise their hands, but don't wave them) We'll volunteer too!

topgearbrzgt86

Male

Comments : You have to leave the space. All the time you have to leave the space!
-Fernando Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Fri 28 Jun 2013 - 17:38

topgearbrzgt86 wrote:
Professor Voodoo wrote:

Kara: Don't leave me out, I want in too!

Allison: What!? You don't even like Porsche's!

Kara: I'll make an exception!

Henrietta: Giuse has a Porsche...can I play too?

Jamiebel: Do you even know what we're talking about?

Henrietta: Not really.  I just don't want to be left out.

Ferro: At this rate the SWA is going to have to form its own LMP team.

Jean: (rolling eyes) At least it'll be cheaper than what we're doing now.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 Fri 28 Jun 2013 - 18:34

Professor Voodoo wrote:
topgearbrzgt86 wrote:
Professor Voodoo wrote:

Kara: Don't leave me out, I want in too!

Allison: What!? You don't even like Porsche's!

Kara: I'll make an exception!

Henrietta: Giuse has a Porsche...can I play too?

Jamiebel: Do you even know what we're talking about?

Henrietta: Not really.  I just don't want to be left out.

Ferro: At this rate the SWA is going to have to form its own LMP team.

Jean: (rolling eyes) At least it'll be cheaper than what we're doing now.

Davina: I'll join in on this fray. Jim and Jay-bee are in? I'll expect in, too!

topgearbrzgt86

Male

-Fernando Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sun 30 Jun 2013 - 16:58

2013 British Grand Prix; the day of exploding Pirelli's 
Spoiler:
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 Sun 30 Jun 2013 - 17:04

Professor Voodoo wrote: 2013 British Grand Prix; the day of exploding Pirelli's 
Spoiler:

Well, definitely more exciting than Canada. Oh, and I forgot to mention; Jamiebel actually spanked Triela hard for mocking her Silver Arrows.

Jamiebel: Serves you right, anyway!

Jim: Still, 26 points races for Kimi. Next stop, Heidfeld's home of Germany! Los geht's, Lotus!

topgearbrzgt86

Male

-Fernando Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Sun 30 Jun 2013 - 18:29

Professor Voodoo wrote: 2013 British Grand Prix; the day of exploding Pirelli's [spoiler]

Elio: (groans) By the end of this season my body will be ruined by pizza & American-style hamburgers.  Has anyone seen Allison?  

Kara: She's in the bathroom...throwing up. 

Throwing up? Nah.

Sobbing uncontrollably? You bet her spanners she is.
MP5
MP5

Male

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 Sun 30 Jun 2013 - 19:00

MP5 wrote:
Professor Voodoo wrote: 2013 British Grand Prix; the day of exploding Pirelli's [spoiler]

Elio: (groans) By the end of this season my body will be ruined by pizza & American-style hamburgers.  Has anyone seen Allison?  

Kara: She's in the bathroom...throwing up. 

Throwing up? Nah.

Luckily, Jim was on hand to comfort her.

topgearbrzgt86

Male

-Fernando Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sun 30 Jun 2013 - 20:50

MP5 wrote:Throwing up? Nah.

How do you even find a video like that?

Well, I don't know if Allison will consider this good news or bad but McLaren is shifting its resources to the 2014 car.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 30 Jun 2013 - 22:11

Well the MP4/10 was a dog, but the MP4/11 returned them to the podium and the MP4/12 returned them to winning and they won the WC with the MP4/13 so there is hope...
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 1 Jul 2013 - 22:20

Martin Whitmarsh is mumbling about a possible boycott of the German Grand Prix over concerns about the tires.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 3:24

Kiskaloo wrote:Martin Whitmarsh is mumbling about a possible boycott of the German Grand Prix over concerns about the tires.
I've read that, but like all things in Formula One I suspect it's posturing in order to get what he wants.  In McLaren's case I wager that's an in-season test or two.

In other news, the annual Pikes Peak Hillclimb is complete.  Since it won't be broadcast for weeks I'll spoiler the rest...
Spoiler:
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 21:44

http://www.indycar.com/Schedule/2013/IZOD-IndyCar-Series/Pocono-Raceway

It was an interesting Indy Car race with some horrible incidents (gladly no one was hurt or killed).

(Personal Rant) The driver from Japan, Takuma Sato hit the rear of Graham Rahal at over 100 in the pit lane, making Rahal crash into the pit wall. Speed in the pit lanes is 60. This is uncalled for, the video looks like Sato made a direct bee line for Rahal's rear end! He should be suspended.

Good thing is that Sato's car was heavily damaged with a cracked rear cross member when Sato bounced on the pit lane. It was enough to get him out of the race.

For every race I seen Sato in he has been in some incident or accident. He should be reexamined as a viable racer with this kind of track record. (/End Personal Rant)
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 8 Jul 2013 - 2:18

Looked like a racing incident to me - they come off the track at a high rate of speed with very cold brakes. We saw a few other drivers locking up really hard trying to get down the the speed limit.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 8 Jul 2013 - 4:49

Speaking of incidents, more tyre trouble at Germany...
2013 World Motorsports Discussion Thread - Page 2 945926_539152246121210_2114542996_n

...though this time it would be difficult to blame Pirelli.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 8 Jul 2013 - 11:43

Alfisti wrote:Speaking of incidents, more tyre trouble at Germany...
2013 World Motorsports Discussion Thread - Page 2 945926_539152246121210_2114542996_n

...though this time it would be difficult to blame Pirelli.

I do wish the FIA would take a page from NASCAR and penalize teams the loss of Constructors Points when they do something bone-headed like Infiniti Red Bull Racing did at Germany.

The 30,000 Euro fine delivered for an Unsafe Release doesn't even register for a team with the budget Marussia has, much less IRBR. And issuing a Drive-Thru or Stop-And-Go penalizes the driver for an action they had no part of.

Constructors Points, on the other hand, can have serious value. Losing a position at the end of the year can costs tens of millions.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 14 Jul 2013 - 6:35

The 1954 Mercedes W196 Formula One car that Juan Manuel Fangio drove to the win at the German and Swiss Grands Prix of that year sold for a record GBP 19.6 million / USD 29.6 million today at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, shattering the previous record of USD 16.4 million for the prototype 1957 Ferrari Testarossa. While a record price for a race car, it fell a bit short of the $35 million paid in 2011 for a 1962 Ferrari GTO.

Article
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 12:43

D'oh!

Kaumi Kobayashi stuffs a 2009 Ferrari in the barrier at a demonstration in Moscow.  The team did have a spare car available.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 13:39

So he won't be in line to replace Massa in 2014... Razz
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 23 Jul 2013 - 17:27

Austrian Grand Prix returns to the F1 Calendar in 2014

The race will be held at the Red Bull Ring (formerly known as the Österreichring). This expands the 2014 season to 21 races, which is more than the 20 allowed under the current Concorde Agreement, but the new CA is expected (now likely confirmed) to increase that limit.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Mon 29 Jul 2013 - 3:45

Hungarian Grand Prix
Spoiler:

I can say this without spoiling the race for anyone who recorded it; at least nobody was bitching about tires.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 Mon 29 Jul 2013 - 13:35

Professor Voodoo wrote:Jamiebel: (accepting 10€ notes) I'm beginning to like this betting system you've got.  Looks like I joined the pool at the right time.

Marisa: Well, screw Mercedes.

Jamiebel: Why so hostile, coppertop?  You're not even involved in the bet.

Marisa: If Nico had finished Toro Rosso would have beaten Williams on average finish...but when he blew up Maldonado moved up & scored a point.  My handler gets to choose where we go to lunch on Monday!  Gross! 

Kara: *sigh* Well, not bad...but not good for Ferrari either.  We just need to get faster if we're going to challenge Mercedes & Red Bull.  How ya doin', Allie?

Allison: (curled up in the fetal position, rocking back & forth)  I actually got to see Button pass someone this race...today was a good day. 

Jim: Well done, babe. (kisses Jamiebel)

Jamiebel: Thanks, sugar. Your Lotus cars did well; Kimi on the podium, Romain still 6th; not a bad day, eh?

Jim: Heh, true. (looks up, in French) Si seulement ce qui aurait pu, Romain. (to Allison) At least Button led the race for a sec. You gotta be happy with that! (to Elio) Congrats, Mr. Alboreto, Maldonado scored one point for Williams! How does that feel, eh?

topgearbrzgt86

Male

-Fernando Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 20 Aug 2013 - 12:03

Multiple UK news outlets are reporting that Daniel Ricciardo has been signed for Infiniti Red Bull Racing for 2014 so Kimi's going to Ferrari or staying with Lotus.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 Tue 20 Aug 2013 - 12:20

Kiskaloo wrote:Multiple UK news outlets are reporting that Daniel Ricciardo has been signed for Infiniti Red Bull Racing for 2014 so Kimi's going to Ferrari or staying with Lotus.
Well, the news on Kimi to Ferrari seem a bit unlikely, as Stefano Domenicali and Luca di Montezemolo both say that "Kimi at Fezza" has no foundation, and that it would be like accepting a mistake that they made, so most likely, he's staying at Lotus. 

Jim and Simone will be happy about that.

Jim: Why would Kimi want to go back to Ferrari? I mean, he's being consistent, and the Lotus team are doing well, so he has to stay. He's been given some freedoms, unlike at Fezza, where he was constricted. Yes, he won with Ferrari in '07, but it became worse since. Razz I'm trusting my gut on Kimi staying at Lotus. Oh, and good on'ya, Daniel. cheers Welcome to the big time...next year. Razz

topgearbrzgt86

Male

-Fernando Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 30 Aug 2013 - 11:26

Click the link and either scroll to the bottom of the page or click on the "Lotus the social media kings at it again" link.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Fri 30 Aug 2013 - 22:14

topgearbrzgt86 wrote:Jim: Why would Kimi want to go back to Ferrari? 
Elio:  Because Maranello can pay him a great big sack of cash, lad...and Enstone can not.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 Fri 30 Aug 2013 - 22:15

Jim: No, it's definitely not the money. As long as Lotus provides a great car, Mr. Alboreto, Kimi won't leave. Razz

topgearbrzgt86

Male

-Fernando Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Fri 30 Aug 2013 - 22:37

topgearbrzgt86 wrote:Jim: No, it's definitely not the money. As long as Lotus provides a great car, Mr. Alboreto, Kimi won't leave. Razz
Well, it goes beyond that.  Lotus is definitely not on the same financial footing as Ferrari, so they don't have the resources to develop equipment like the bigger team.  The fact that they have had two good seasons is due to the fact that it's a very good shop (they've won the World Driver's Title 4 times remember) but good shops can falter too.  If they miss the mark next year they could easily find themselves scrapping for points with Williams...and it's a hard climb back to the top with thin cash reserves.
That isn't going to happen with Ferrari.  If they miss the mark in 2014 they have the resources to fight their way back.

And Kimi is certainly not above the lure of a big paycheck.  In 2008 & 2009 he was the highest paid driver in the sport.  He's not one of the guys who likes to work cheap, and neither is his manager Steve Robertson.

Personally I'd prefer to see Räikkönen stay at Enstone...and frankly I think he will.  Alonso has proven himself a bit delicate when challenged by a tough team-mate so Stefano Domenicali will likely try to keep his superstar happy.  Now if only Massa could score some Constructor Championship points...
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 Fri 30 Aug 2013 - 22:42

Oof, Kara may not like you for calling Alonso "delicate."

And anyway, you've seen Marussia make do with no money, and they're ahead of Caterham!

Jim: Now, Voodoo, all the teams are on equal footing next year, so, it's really fair game after 2013. Oh, and thanks for calling Alo delicate. Wafu!

topgearbrzgt86

Male

-Fernando Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Fri 30 Aug 2013 - 23:25

topgearbrzgt86 wrote:Oof, Kara may not like you for calling Alonso "delicate."
Hey, we all saw his jimmies get rustled by Hamilton during that one year at McLaren.  Even Kara can't deny that.
And anyway, you've seen Marussia make do with no money, and they're ahead of Caterham!
Yeah, and I don't think we're gonna see Räikkönen sign for either of them anytime soon.
Jim: Now, Voodoo, all the teams are on equal footing next year, so, it's really fair game after 2013. Oh, and thanks for calling Alo delicate. Wafu!
 Yeah, "equal footing."  But all the same I think the teams with big sacks of development cash are still going to be a little more "equal" than the rest! Laughing

It's just conjecture, but here's something that might make Kimi a bit more interested in Ferrari:  
During last weekend's US broadcast of the Belgian GP the commentors mentioned the possibility that Ferrari is interested in returning to sports car racing (i.e. Le Mans) at the top LMP1 level.  Now, Räikkönen is certainly the kind of guy who likes to drive different sorts of race cars...could he be lured to Maranello by the promise of a sports car seat once his F1 time is done?

That's just idle speculation; I'd give it only a 10% chance of really happening.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 Fri 30 Aug 2013 - 23:33

Professor Voodoo wrote:
topgearbrzgt86 wrote:Oof, Kara may not like you for calling Alonso "delicate."
Hey, we all saw his jimmies get rustled by Hamilton during that one year at McLaren.  Even Kara can't deny that.
Yeah, and I don't think we're gonna see Räikkönen sign for either of them anytime soon.
Jim: Now, Voodoo, all the teams are on equal footing next year, so, it's really fair game after 2013. Oh, and thanks for calling Alo delicate. Wafu!
 Yeah, "equal footing."  But all the same I think the teams with big sacks of development cash are still going to be a little more "equal" than the rest! Laughing

It's just conjecture, but here's something that might make Kimi a bit more interested in Ferrari:  
During last weekend's US broadcast of the Belgian GP the commentors mentioned the possibility that Ferrari is interested in returning to sports car racing (i.e. Le Mans) at the top LMP1 level.  Now, Räikkönen is certainly the kind of guy who likes to drive different sorts of race cars...could he be lured to Maranello by the promise of a sports car seat once his F1 time is done?

That's just idle speculation; I'd give it only a 10% chance of really happening.
Jim: Obviously, we're not seeing the Iceman at the back. Razz And actually, I would like to see Ferrari and McLaren duke it out at Le Mans! Perhaps Lotus, Renault, Mercedes, Ford, Peugeot and (possibly) Red Bull [shudders] could do the same? I'd love to see that!

topgearbrzgt86

Male

-Fernando Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 3:23

Professor Voodoo wrote:Alonso has proven himself a bit delicate when challenged by a tough team-mate so Stefano Domenicali will likely try to keep his superstar happy.
I expect the real issue is that Luca di Montezemolo would be admitting that it wasn't his best idea to have replaced Kimi with Fernando in the first place if he brings Kimi back.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 22:37

Voodoo: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109548

topgearbrzgt86

Male

-Fernando Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 11 Sep 2013 - 19:39

Ferrari Confirms Kimi Will Partner Alonso in 2014

Kara: "Time to brush up on my Finnish. Unless you want to translate for me, Claes."

Claes: "I'm Swedish you chowderhead."
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 Wed 11 Sep 2013 - 19:55

Jim: Alright, I was wrong. That's fine - but I do have this odd worry for Fernando...two roosters in a henhouse. (to Kara) And I can speak a bit of Finnish myself, bakame. But the fields will be evened out now; new regs, new cars; anything can happen.

topgearbrzgt86

Male

-Fernando Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next