Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rehabilitation Branch [Discussion Thread]

+17
Gejjo
boomer_gonz
taerKitty
Drakkarius
komplikation
The Son of Nihilism
tremec6speed
dragonfire238
RedWolf4
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika
Alfisti
mistersaxon
Il Direttore
Project J
ElfenMagix
MP5
John_234
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Rehabilitation Branch [Discussion Thread] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rehabilitation Branch [Discussion Thread]

Post by Alfisti Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 7:06

RedWolf4 wrote:Evil is such a broad word. . .
Evil is one of those variable things, it depends on your perspective and just how dark of a shade of grey you happen to be used to.

Finally had a chance to catch up over here, certainly a good cast of writers assembling... though I get the impression the RB's resources far out-strip those of the Italians Razz

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5880

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

The Rehabilitation Branch [Discussion Thread] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rehabilitation Branch [Discussion Thread]

Post by Il Direttore Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 9:04

Welcome to America. Where 50%* of our GDP is defense spending.

*exaggerated (I hope)

Il Direttore

Forum Posts : 1003

Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire238 Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 4:24

"See the target? Gray van. On my go, shoot out the tires." Andrea spoke, laying prone next to Tara, who was manning an M107 .50 caliber rifle........

"Taking the shot." She placed her finger on the trigger, breathed deep, and squeezed the trigger. Approximately 1 second later, the man collapsed to the pavement. "I missed his head."

"What did you hit?"

"Neck."

hitting the neck with a .50 cal will probably decapitate the target depending on the range

dragonfire238

Forum Posts : 85

Registration date : 2012-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 13:15

[quote="dragonfire238"]

"See the target? Gray van. On my go, shoot out the tires." Andrea spoke, laying prone next to Tara, who was manning an M107 .50 caliber rifle........

"Taking the shot." She placed her finger on the trigger, breathed deep, and squeezed the trigger. Approximately 1 second later, the man collapsed to the pavement. "I missed his head."

"What did you hit?"

"Neck."

From an M107/M82?
I see an autopsy pics (if you can call it that) of an Al Quida Mofo getting hit by one of those - the bullet went through a pile of sandbags and 2 cinder block walls, and hit him on the back of the ear. Nothing from the temple on back exists anymore, just a nearly perfect face still attached to the neck by the skin as if it was neatly band sawed off...

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5682

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfire238 Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 14:30

ElfenMagix wrote:
From an M107/M82?
I see an autopsy pics (if you can call it that) of an Al Quida Mofo getting hit by one of those - the bullet went through a pile of sandbags and 2 cinder block walls, and hit him on the back of the ear. Nothing from the temple on back exists anymore, just a nearly perfect face still attached to the neck by the skin as if it was neatly band sawed off...

yea that sound pretty accurate, I have been told that the vaccume created by the round as it flies through the air is enough to lake a persons arm off even if the round misses the body by a couble of inches

dragonfire238

Forum Posts : 85

Registration date : 2012-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 15:26

dragonfire238 wrote:
ElfenMagix wrote:
From an M107/M82?

yea that sound pretty accurate, I have been told that the vaccume created by the round as it flies through the air is enough to lake a persons arm off even if the round misses the body by a couble of inches
I doubt that it possible. The bullet is already traveling at over Mach 1 speeds. Its more likely the shock wave traveling at that speed is what tears the arm off, and not the vacuum behind the bullet. But it would do more damage than just tear the arm off. It would be like holding an M80 firecracker blow up in your hand, you will loose a lot more than just your hand.

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5682

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 19:33

Would there be any concussive force from the passing shock wave? I know that C4 and stuff are deadly because of the shock wave, but I dunno if bullets ever reach velocities high enough to cause that sort of damage.

Il Direttore

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 19:39

It's not so much that high explosives create as shockwave, as supersonic waves are the mechanism by which they work. Blasting cap detonates, sets off a booster charge, which lights into the primary explosive. The explosive rapidly releases expanding gas - the velocity of this gas is part of why a high explosive is called such. Higher quality blasting caps make for better detonation velocities and more powerful explosions.

John_234

Forum Posts : 469

Registration date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 19:40

Sorry, but I'm not really comprehending the difference between a Supersonic Wave and a Shock Wave.

Il Direttore

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Fri 24 Aug 2012 - 22:47

The point is the shockwave is the primary method by which explosions do damage. Wheraes in guns it would be a side effect.
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Comments : The Chatbox is evil.

Taking a break for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by RedWolf4 Mon 27 Aug 2012 - 9:21

So, who'd like to play with a pair of sneaky fuckin' Russians? *Grins Evilly*

RedWolf4

Male

Forum Posts : 24

Fan of : liquor

Original Characters : Patrick O'Shea

Comments : Life is choice and consequence, action and reaction. Own them, and you're unstoppable.

Registration date : 2012-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Mon 27 Aug 2012 - 18:34

I'm game. Got a post with ProjectJ coming up real quicklike.
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by RedWolf4 Mon 27 Aug 2012 - 19:14

Other than you, sorry John. I'd like to get to know a few of the other writers, and besides, the last time they played with Amsel Lilya was picking shrapnel out of her back for a month. Not an experience she'd like to repeat anytime soon unless there's a big field and a rifle involved.

RedWolf4

Male

Comments : Life is choice and consequence, action and reaction. Own them, and you're unstoppable.

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Mon 27 Aug 2012 - 19:17

Fair enough. Lots of good writers here.
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Tue 28 Aug 2012 - 23:57

Just to clarify EverFrost: The M5 is not a RB standard vehicle. Amsel and Luce are supposedly the only ones who use them specifically...

It doesn't make too much sense if we all use the same car anyway. lol
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 3:07

The M5 was basically aquired in the field. I really don't see the issue. Its a car. It was that or a Crown Vic.

Using it for one op will not murder the track record of your operatives sole usage.

I might as well say that my people are the sole users of the AN/PEQ-2A unit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Project J Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 5:03

We should try not to get too beat up over who's doing what now, since I'm sure that within the confines of the RP the characters are going to have to do things not wholly consistent with their initial biographies. =P

Project J

Male

Forum Posts : 58

Fan of : A lot of things.

Original Characters : Christine/Amita Edgehart

Comments : Only in this for a bit of RPing, nothing too heavy.

Registration date : 2012-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 5:37

Not consistant? How the hell is getting an asset critical to selling a cover ID ot consistant?

Back to top Go down

Post by RedWolf4 Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 6:21

I don't think that's what he was getting at.

RedWolf4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Project J Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 7:14

As in what is listed as being used in the biographies isn't necessarily what will actually end up being used all the time.

Chillax, I'm just saiyan.

Project J

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 12:17

EverFrost wrote:The M5 was basically aquired in the field. I really don't see the issue. Its a car. It was that or a Crown Vic.

Using it for one op will not murder the track record of your operatives sole usage.

I might as well say that my people are the sole users of the AN/PEQ-2A unit.

Well, I had no idea if it was a one-off or whatnot due to the context of the post.
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 14:13

Its a one off for the op. Sorry. Never assigned the Sorello a vehicle yet anyways, might as well go shopping now! Lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 0:52

Added a list of guns and vehicles.
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by Project J Sat 1 Sep 2012 - 9:09

MORE WORDS

WORDSPLOSION

Project J

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 1 Sep 2012 - 9:29

Project J wrote:MORE WORDS

WORDSPLOSION

Heck of a chapter.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Project J Sat 1 Sep 2012 - 9:33

i'll be quite honest, i'm just exploring more ways to up the squick factor =P

CREDIT ALSO GOES TO JOHN DOIN HIS THANG WITH HIS CHARACTERS

Project J

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 18:40

I've been pretty busy with IRL, so sorry about that;>> Any writers still about?
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Sep 2012 - 18:41

I will be adding to RB soon......I've improved my writing style!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Project J Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 2:12

AHM HEER

CLEEK ME

Project J

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RedWolf4 Tue 2 Oct 2012 - 6:10

Ugh, as much as I hate participating in an RP and not seeing anything happen for weeks or months, I like these characters and am something of a glutton for punishment. So if anybody wants to collab or something, hit me up, please. If not, I'll have something sooner or later.

RedWolf4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Project J Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 6:43

I'll bite if no-one else does.

PM me if you have any ideas for your post in mind.

Project J

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Project J Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 22:28

OH NO THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING (again)
EVERYONE LOOK BUSY

Klara Yakovleva ("Carlos")
Nationality: Russian of mixed descent

Physical Description: 5'11", middle-aged appearance. Dark auburn red hair, strong masculine facial features. Wears military suspenders and webbing over charcoal leather trenchcoat, KLMK-pattern BDU underneath with plain canvas scarf balaclava, signature maroon Spetsnaz beret and mirror-shade aviators.

Key skills:

Counterterrorism and counterintelligence
-Sigint expertise
-Veteran of urban warfare, paramilitary experience (as well as her early Coast Guard career) make her highly rated in a wide variety of weapons and tactics

Espionage and subterfuge
-Special focus on explosives
-Surveillance techniques
-SVR training and experience in assassination (and Sparrow School methods)

Weapons
-Skeletonised Alejandro Rifle (7.62x54mm L96 clone, Cuba). Added muzzle brake and LPO sight
-Galil Micro (7.62x39mm). Added Suppressor and Rakurs Red Dot Sight (Rakurs-B)
-Obrez pistol (7.62x54 Mosin-Nagant 1907 Carbine) - family heirloom from the Russian Revolution. Rudimentary muzzle brake from vents machined into the end of the barrel. Burnished birch wood, well-polished and taken care of.
-Glock 34 (9mm). Added compensator/rail system + Lasermax guide rod and Surefire flashlight. Custom target sights.

Born 1961 to a Russian mother and a Cuban father, Klara was a product of idealistic Soviet Union pride.
Enlisted in 1980 into Soviet Border Troops and served with distinction for 5 years, 4 of those in Russian FSB Coast Guard counterterrorism operations
Scouted out by Alpha Group in 1985, served another 6 years in the unit.
1991 - Recommended into the newly-formed Vityaz unit as a senior officer, recieved Order of Military Merit in the East Prigorodny conflict and obtained a Spetsnaz maroon beret in 1994. She continued to serve until 1995, leaving the unit after involvement in the Samashki incident, disillusioned with the Motherland.
Approached by the Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) in January 1997 in Havana, Cuba, and recruited as an agent. Tasked to continue Russian influence in Latin and South America, spending many years refining espionage expertise and offering joint training to FAR special force units, as well as participating in wet-work in the region to develop a well-rounded skillset (and develop somewhat of a reputation as a 'mercenary' assassin known by the name of "Carlos".

Finally returned to the Russian Federation in the mid 2000s as a high-ranking consultant, a major contributor to the founding of the Sparrow School program (due to her strong past ties to the FSB), helped develop many of the tactics and methods of the cyborgs and their handlers.
She took leave several months before the Sparrow School's collapse due to her husband's unexpected death back in Cuba.

Her current task is complex; still stationed in the Latin America region by the SVR, her current directive is to search for remaining Sparrow School survivors and eliminate them, her experience in training personnel making her a good candidate for the job. The presence of other covert cyborg programs disrupting intelligence operations have complicated things further.

Vehicles:

1969 2.4L V6 Fiat Dino, painted rich burgundy. Originally discovered in extremely poor condition, rusting in a Ukraine garage in 1989 by Klara's father, travelling on holiday with her mother. Taken back to Havana to be properly repaired, Klara rediscovered it only partly-restored in 1995 and resolved to finish the job over the course of the following years.
With fittings of more modern quality (more rigid suspension bushing, Bosch ignition, high-performance air filters along with larger aftermarket inlet valves, camshafts and high capacity oil pumps, coolers and radiator).
A vastly lighter fibreglass/aluminium body kit and furnishings with strategically-placed kevlar and steel plate, along with a new hardtop cover to go with bulletproof glass windows, turn a quaint luxury sedan into a solid performance racer and chaser with a very respectable 0-60 mph and fair protection against small-arms fire. Possibly the only whimsical aspect of Klara, bar the Orbez sidearm she carries. Arguably not the best use of SVR funds.

-Saiga 12 (pistol + short barrel conversion) in a compartment, driver or front passenger legroom (8 round box magazines)
-Gsh-18 in glovebox.

Project J

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Tue 23 Oct 2012 - 1:05

Klara sounds cool! head bang
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by The Son of Nihilism Wed 28 Nov 2012 - 3:28

I'm in for this one yo. Gimme a bit and I'll see about rustlin' up a couple characters.
The Son of Nihilism
The Son of Nihilism

Male

Forum Posts : 5

Fan of : NOTHING

Original Characters : Yes.

Comments : LIFE HAS NO PURPOSE AND WE ALL DIE IN THE END ANYWAY SO YOLO MOFOKAS

Registration date : 2012-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Son of Nihilism Sat 1 Dec 2012 - 22:00

Alright, here's where you'll find my characters. It's a major WIP but the handler at least is mostly done.
The Son of Nihilism
The Son of Nihilism

Male

Forum Posts : 5

Fan of : NOTHING

Original Characters : Yes.

Comments : LIFE HAS NO PURPOSE AND WE ALL DIE IN THE END ANYWAY SO YOLO MOFOKAS

Registration date : 2012-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Project J Sun 2 Dec 2012 - 5:04

EXCITEMENT

lots of excitemewnt for new chars and finishing lots of story arcs :3

Project J

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by komplikation Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 5:10

Finally got around to posting my OCs... But I'm still not even close to being finished with them.
komplikation
komplikation

Male

Forum Posts : 7

Registration date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by RedWolf4 Sun 16 Dec 2012 - 7:07

Right, finally got around to this, but thanks to J for the kickoff with Mord and Lilya, and I do so look forward to working with him again.

RedWolf4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Sun 16 Dec 2012 - 7:19

Also, I added timestamps to the most recent and the first post, after some consideration of whether to do it or not.

Great post guys.
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Mon 17 Dec 2012 - 21:56

Added personnel and backstories to the description.
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by RedWolf4 Tue 18 Dec 2012 - 1:32

Er, where?

RedWolf4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Tue 18 Dec 2012 - 1:49

The spoiler tags in the first post of this thread.
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Sat 5 Jan 2013 - 22:23

[Ilyana Kasdryev]

Physical Description: 23 years old. 5'8", blessed with a proud bust, conspicuous rear, and curves in all the right places. Blonde, fair-skinned, brown eyes. While famous for posing for Maxim in hot pants, miniskirts, tank tops, and soaking-wet lingerie, Ilyana is also responsible for running the alternative energies division of her father's oil company, and so tends to dress a bit more conservatively and business-like, though never quite shakes the 'sexy female professional' image even if she wants to. But attention is good. Usually.

Background / Personality: Ilyana was born into a fortunate life, as her father Sergei, a member of the Russian oligarchy during the cold war, became CEO of SiberOil, currently one of the Russian Federation's largest private oil and natural gas companies whose operations span the otherwise-desolate Siberian tundra, as well as the Caspian Sea and the Barents Sea and other places worldwide. Her family consists primarily of herself, her father, and her younger sister Katya, as her mother Anya had passed away from late-stage Ovarian Cancer three years ago. Ilyana's education was primarily international in nature, and with the vast wealth of her father, was sent to school in the UK at an early age, which resulted in her perfect English skills and charming accent. The chemistry and business skills learned from her extensive education paved the way for her leadership of the BlueFuel alternative energy division of SiberOil.

However, while groomed to be the successor to her father's massive company, Ilyana has built a reputation over the years for being a vivacious, notoriously flirty (and busy-handed) party girl, and one who generated a huge media buzz when she came out publicly as bisexual, though her attitude is more that of a pansexual. For all her public antics that have ensured the paparazzi would have a job, however, Ilyana is at heart a kind-hearted person and as such contributes time, money, and effort to addressing social welfare issues, such as public education, homelessness, and climate change. A few occasions have even seen her modeling at lingerie and fashion shows to raise funds for disaster relief.

Ilyana is highly committed to her family, making a point to visit her mother's grave every year, visit her father often, and spend as much time with her teenaged sister Katya as possible when not at work. Considered part of her family to a certain extent is 47-year old Dimitri Korovich, longtime confidant and bodyguard to Ilyana, the latter of whom has often accompanied Korovich when visiting his grandchildren, who have taken to calling her 'Auntie Ilya'.

Perhaps not so befitting of her public image, Ilyana also has a taste for fast cars, and maintains a stable of various sports cars, supercars, and exotics, and drives them to work regularly, all of them powered by the very biofuels she helped to create. She has also participated in numerous track days and has also raced in the occasional celebrity pro/am race.

Equipment: Custom-tailored Miguel Caballero discreet body armor vest, Apple iPhone 4S w/ OtterBox Defender-series protective case, Ruger LCR-22 for carry (Picture). Cz-83 + spare ammo (Picture) for purse carry. Both pistols are never carried round-the-clock.

[Dimitri Korovich]
Personal Bodyguard to Ilyana Kasdryev

Physical Description: 47 years old. 6'5", tall, intimidating. Typically dressed in a suit or plain clothes as the situation dictates. Bears a vertical shrapnel scar on his cheek from his days in the Spetsnaz during the Soviet-Afghan war. Very physically fit and muscular, though his muscle mass is fairly-well concealed by his clothing. Graying black hair and blue eyes.

Background / Personality: Like many Russians his age, Dimitri was born into relative poverty. Raised on a collective farm in Ekaterinovka, Dimitri spent most of his childhood and adolescence juggling hard labor and basic education until he was of age to join the Army. His performance as an infantryman caught the eye of his superiors, whose recommendations, in addition to his own efforts, landed him in the 3rd Guards Spetsnaz Brigade, which would see heavy action in the Soviet-Afghan War. Dimitri himself was just 19 when he set foot on Afghan soil, and his unit wasted no time in getting knee-deep in offensive actions in the Panjshir. It was during this period of insanity and blood that Dimitri further developed his efficiency in a firefight, though the law of averages would eventually make sure he took a time-out. During one of these intense firefights, an enemy grenade blew up very close to his face. The blast lodged a large piece of shrapnel into the left side of his face and rendered him unconscious for a few days. When he finally woke up, the first thing he had been told was that he was finally going home. The year was 1988, and it was the beginning of the Soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan.

The years to follow saw Dimitri weather the change in Russia from Soviet communist state to newly-democratic capitalist state with heaps of corruption plaguing the government. With the fall of the Iron Curtain, Dimitri found himself let loose from military service, but with his wanderlust unsatisfied, he made his way to South Africa, where the mercenary boom was taking off. He would find himself traveling and shooting from one third-world hellhole to another, until eventually he'd grown tired of running around in the bush and went for bodyguard work protecting insecure wealthy people from carjackers and their ilk whenever they went beyond the fences and security cameras of their fortress-like suburban homes. It was during this period of time when he was going for a beer at his favorite watering hole in Cape Town and walked in on a mugging in progress. A thug with a Tokarev was quite clearly demanding money from a businessman who was unfortunate enough to be singled out and cornered. What motivated Dimitri to intervene more hastily, however, was the fact that the businessman was pleading for his life in Russian. Dimitri snuck up on the thug from behind, and reaching out a great bear paw of a hand, gripped the mugger by the neck and smashed the criminal's face into a brick wall before throwing his unconscious body into a nearby dumpster for police to find later, dismantling the Tokarev and scattering the cartridges before tossing the useless firearm into the dumpster as well. Dimitri helped the almost-victim to his feet and brought the man along to the bar, where they shared some several hard drinks in light of the recent distress. This was how Dimitri met and came into the employ of Sergei Kasdryev, CEO of then-fledgling SiberOil. As Dimitri had saved Sergei's life, the oil man was confident that Dimitri was the perfect man to safeguard that which was most important in his life-- his daughter Ilyana.

While Dimitri was glad to have a steady, better-paying job, he wasn't quite so prepared for how quickly Ilyana would endear herself to him. Nor was Dimitri prepared for how quickly he would become part of the Kasdryev family, sharing in precious moments like the birth of Ilyana's baby sister Katya. The Kasdryev family likewise shared in his own precious moments, including his marriage to his wife, a striking Englishwoman named Alice, as well as the births of his son Nicholas and his daughter Sasha. As Ilyana grew up, Dimitri had his work cut out for him, being a sort of a second father to Ilyana in addition to being her protector. In her more rebellious years, Dimitri would often have his hands full keeping Ilyana out of trouble and chasing off young and equally-rich casanovas who would try to steal Ilyana's virtue. Dimitri's role in Ilyana's life was crucial when she publicly admitted her bisexuality, as he fended off ruthless attempts by the press and the tabloids to sensationalize and sully Ilyana's reptuation as if her sexual preferences affected her worth as a human being and a well-learned student. Dimitri's steadfast loyalty to his charge would not be unforgotten, and Sergei saw to it that Nicholas and Sasha would never have to worry about being able to afford an education. When Dimitri's children started families of their own, Ilyana set up funds for their schooling and college education, so that Dimitri's four grandchildren--Andrei, Anastasia, Sophia, and Maximillian--would be able to follow their dreams.

Over the years, Dimitri grew from being a hardened and cold military man to a stoic protector. With Ilyana and Katya and the Kasdryev family in his life, he slowly but surely changed into a protective father with surrogate daughters he would protect at any cost, and the love that Ilyana has showered onto Dimitri and the rest of his own family so generously has affirmed time and again that the former Spetsnaz soldier would gladly sacrifice himself to keep Ilyana and the rest of the Kasdryev family safe from those who would do them harm.

Operational History:Soviet Army, 3rd Guards Spetsnaz Brigade [1983-1991]; Gray Wolf Security Consulting [1992-1994]; SiberOil, Personal Security Division [1995-Present]

Equipment:

Every Day Carry
On a given day, Dimitri wears a concealable vest with lightweight Tencate Hybrid level III rifle plates for the front and back. He wears a shortened Glock 21 in a Raven Concealment Appendix Carry Rig at 1:30, with a flashlight and one 15-round magazines in kydex mag carrier on the left side. On the right side, there's a leather pouch with a C2 taser and a collapsing baton on the back of his right hip.

In business dress or cold-weather clothing, he incorporates a larger, heavily customized Glock 21 in a Raven Concealment Phantom holster, a double mag carrier on his left side and replaces the Taser with X-26.

Battle Gear
Depending on whether the AK or HK is necessary for the job, Dimitri will throw on one of two very similar chest rig. Both have a flashbang grenade, smoke grenade, two fragmentation grenades and four pistol magazines. One carries six AK mags, the other carries four 417 magazines. When given time to prepare, Dimitri wears an armor carrier with Ceramic level IV plates with the aforementioned gear simply built in, eliminating the need for a separate chest rig.

Glock 21 SF
Spoiler:

Glock 21 (Grip chop)
Spoiler:

AK-104
Spoiler:

H&K 417
Spoiler:
MP5
MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakkarius Sun 6 Jan 2013 - 6:29

Oh, look, a mysterious Russian badass. Took me a while to post this because I was simply supplementing John's writing with my characters at first before it was decided to actually implement them into the story.

Anyhoo, here's Raskol. Have fun.

[Grigori "Raskol" Dimitriivich]
Other

Physical Description: A relatively small man, standing at 5'8", but well built, almost to perfection. The man never seems to stop training when off duty, keeping him at his peak, physically and mentally. He has close cropped brown hair, dull, almost colourless eyes and constantly wears a grim expression. He is 33 years of age.

Background / Personality: Working best with small groups of highly skilled individuals, Grigori and these men became the fist of the FSB, a force of nature. He was never very good at solving the problems he came across with anything other than superiour firepower, but he was trained to handle situations which may requier a lighter touch. He knows several languages; Russian, some English, German, and French, to name a few. As for his other skills, he is part engineer, part demolitions, and part medic. A jack of all trades, like the typical special forces grunt, just better. He enjoys fine literature and long walks on the beach, generally with a minesweeping team in front of him and plenty of overwatch behind.

For all the skill and insight he has for destructive purposes, he is somewhat conflicted when it comes to socialization and diplomacy. He is at heart, a good man, but his life of conflict has lead him to see the worst in what humanity has to offer and it has to some degree tainted him. He's sworn to himself to rid the world of those who would destabilize it further, and he intends to do just that in full force once his service with the FSB is complete.

Even durring his training, he can be found downing a bottle of vodka, and recently (since his deployment to the States) pizza. His humour is about as dark as one would expect.

His nickname, meaning "Splitter", was given to him after he went an entire assault mission using nothing but a knife. Alone.

Operational History: Enlisting in the Russian military at a young age, Grigori climbed the ranks slowly because of his radical methods which the old guard despised him for, mostly because they worked better than what they are used to. By the time he was eligible for work in the Spetznas he was hand selected by officials he never saw to be inducted into a task force for the FSB.
Anything after this point tends to be highly classified.

Equipment: Raskol tends to wear black, dark blue, or green gear, stating that tan is for Yanks and the people they shoot. He also prefers a matching forage cap, tilted ever so slightly to the side and tends to wear a gasmask when in active combat . Grigori often forgoes wearing armour, instead prefering to carry more weapons and gear. His issued gear is as follows, but he can and will use anything as a weapon. AK 103/PK sight, MP443 Grach, RG-6 Grenade launcher, hatchet, combat knifes, and a lot of grenades.

Grigori is often times being deployed with no gear at all and is forced to fend for himself. He also is a Systema expert, but tends to prefer more like streetwise tactics in his melee encounters.
Drakkarius
Drakkarius

Male

Forum Posts : 3

Fan of : Some stuff

Original Characters : Raskol

Comments : Sup, dawg?

Registration date : 2012-12-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Project J Wed 9 Jan 2013 - 10:18

lolo quite the influx of new Russian blood :3

Project J

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty Fri 11 Jan 2013 - 21:51

Name: Stefan Freeman
Handler

Physical Description: Thin African-American male of average height (5'10"). Off-duty wears khaki and polo shirts with various tech company or tech product logos. Always carries a high-end backpack. No pocket protector.

Background: Stefan grew up on the poor (and bullet-ridden) side of the tracks, but managed to win scholarships to attend CalTech, where he majored in computer science. Upon graduation, he joined the now-defunct computer security research company InterSec and found his niche. He became well known in the field by his handle, Flatline, and assisted in many police and national security operations.

InterSec was absorbed by the major software manufacturer Omni Algorithms when InterSec kept finding security flaws in the larger company's products. The acquisition was for InterSec's branding and intellectual property (patent portfolio, source code, and internal infrastructure). He declined to work on hardening Omni's product, and was forbidden to continue his research against Omni's products.

This led to a quiet parting, details covered by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement). His contacts in DHS found an opening for him, and eventually he was assigned to the Rehabilitation Branch for 'information commando' work.

Personality: Stefan is very kind, calm and composed. This came from him growing up in economically challenged areas and not being able to defend himself, so he learned to both accept seemingly endless abuse, and to never abuse others. This puts him at odds with many RB personnel, including his cyborg, but he generally keeps that to himself.

He is very neat and organized, and fastidious about information security in a techinal sense, but tells perhaps too much to those he trusts. He has a savvy BS detector, but it is not infallible.

He prides himself in his self-control, but his judgement is clouded when children are abused/injured. In such cases he does not senselessly endanger himself or the operation, but instead opts for the most damaging of any choice of options when dealing with the opposition.

Off-hours, he practices BASE jumping and parkour (or, as he calls it "running from the police") to counter his otherwise sedentary hobbies of programming, reading, and watching Mythbusters and anime. He plays video games poorly. Make that horribly.

Operational History: Stefan is an information commando, though he prefers the term 'combat computer engineer'. He assists entry teams with bypassing physical security, defeating sensors and cameras, downloading and mining data. He can work from his office at Branch facilities, from a pizza van, or as part of the entry team. He is a poor combatant, barely passing the RB yearly qualifications.

Equipment: Carries a Glock 19 in a Kydex holster. Aforementioned backpack contains the latest and most expensive MacBook Pro, which triple-boots into OS-X, Windows, and Linux. Backpack also contains a zippered binder full of 'security testing' tools and hardware, each in its own elastic pouch. Lastly, backpack contains a ceramic trauma plate.

During a raid, will be kitted out with standard issue body armour and BDUs.

Quotes: "No autopsy, no foul." (Stolen from Mass Effect 1).

===

Name: Tiffy (original name Tiffany)
Cyborg (Handler: Stefan Freeman)

Physical Description: Teen girl, apaprent aged 14, 5'9-1/2" (tall for her age). Lean. A-cup, if anyone's that curious. Brown hair, just off the shoulders, messy. Usually swept to one side, but it falls back into her face often. Dresses in sweats, hoodies, t-shirts with offensive logos, torn jeans, etc.

Basic annoying teen girl who didn't have manners slapped into her.

Background: Birth name Brianna Watkins. Perennial runaway, first leaving at age 10 because family was always barely scraping by and tense. Was found at the bus depot by a "nice man" who turned out to be a pimp. Was sold and used for a year, then recovered in a televised "child sex trafficking" raid.

Brianna refused to name her parents, was not found in any missing person's database, so sent to a foster home. Unlike many, this was a couple who were unable to have children and treated her nicely.

She didn't know how to cope with this, so she ran away again and tried to get by on the street. She was caught shoplifting and, after a stint in juvvie, sent to another foster home. This one was a couple who were in it for the money, so they had three foster children, all girls. The father was a sexual abuser.

Brianna was the oldest at age thirteen, and tried to help the other two girls by offering herself to her foster father. This lasted until the father developed a streak of sexual sadism that left her hospitalized. She left the hospital in the night and could not force herself to return to that home. She ran away again.

She joined a gang and was arrested trying to roll a drug dealer who turned out to be an undercover cop. This cop had a friend in the RB, who asked if there were any 'lost girls'. After getting frustrated at trying to get information from her during booking, the cop signed her release, restrained her and injected her with a sedative, then delivered her to his friend in the RB.

---

She was given the new name Tiffany and paired with handler Quentin Martin, USMC advanced combat instructor and range officer. He beat and berated her into a combat machine. He was a mean SOB and didn't care who knew it. His only job was to make sure she surivived, and if that meant teaching with a billy club, so be it.

They worked together for five years, and she has been with her current handler almost one year, so she is mentally 20 while the cyborg conversion process locked her appearance as an underdeveloped 14-year old.

In time, Quentin changed his role to that of the classic handler, sending her in to do the tactical work while he kept the larger view in mind. This resulted in her sustaining more injuries, something in which they both took pride. Their standard approach was to both counter-snipe any long-ranged security when attacking a site, then he would talk her in. During one op, they missed one sniper who killed Quentin.

Given her short projected service life (estimated two more years of operational fitness), the decision was made not to wipe her memory and instead pair her with someone so she would be exposed to lighter duty, thus lengthing her lifespan.

Her task is effectively to be a bodyguard for her new handler, Stefan Freeman.

Personality: She's a wreck. To start with, she forces everyone to call her Tiffy because "only one person could call me Tiffany, and he's dead."

Tiffy hates her current job, even though she's been with Stefan almost a full year. She doesn't respect him because he can't fight worth a damn, hates her assignment because she's bored most of the time. (Roughly one-in-three ops requires Stefan to go on-site. The other ones have him either in HQ or the pizza van.)

Subconsciously, she wants Stefan to hit her, to treat her as badly as Quentin did, because, in her mind, that is love. She tries to be respectful to Stefan "out of deference to Quentin's memory", but that rarely last more than two or three mistakes on his part.

Stefan can do nothing right in her eyes. Not on the job, and never in relation to trying to ease the relationship between them. She rejects every gift, and closes off any emotional approach that even comes close to a memory she has of Quentin.

A common whinge is her wishing to have her mind wiped again, but with her approaching end of operational service life, doing so is a waste of the conditioning drug and the cyborg.

Stefan never says so, and she is not aware she is potentially going to lose her operational fitness status at any time. He is aware, and is trying to show her kindness in her last years.

Quentin has a star in the RB wall (a la Langley). Tiffy often goes there to talk to the star. These stars are nameless reflecting the fact that the operation that claimed the operative is still considered classified, so revealing the operative's identity would jeopardize operational security. This star went up shortly after Quentin's death. However, it's not the right star - paperwork takes between one and two weeks for a new star to be placed. Stefan has since discovered this, but has opted not to tell Tiffy her mistake. Instead, he sneaks off to polish Quentin's star (which is beside the one Tiffy worships) when she is not aware.

Operational History: Many, many ops. Undercover, straight-up strike force, asymmetric warfare, deep insertion, she and Quentin have done it. Stefan has had more than a few one-site jobs, but nothing particularly notable.

Equipment: Anything at hand. She refuses to favor any weapon, and always tells the shooting range officer "surprise me" or "whatever you just got in" or "grab me something with your eyes closed." Same with hand weapons, though she avoids esoteric weapons preferring commonly available knives, batons, or broken furniture.

Quotes: (About 'signature weapons') "That means specialization. You know what Quentin said was another word for specialization? Extinction."

===

Author's Note: These characters are free to use. Feel free to wound them, throw them into relationships (het- or otherwise) or otherwise spindle/fold/mutilate. Try not to kill them unless that's essential to your plot. If so, then go for it.

I'm having too hard a time following all the plot threads as it's presented in the RB RP thread, so I'm going to have to opt out. That said, I described these characters to some other RB authors and would like to make them available in case any author started to factor them into their fics.
taerKitty
taerKitty

Male

Forum Posts : 1211

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : Dina & Paolo

Comments : The feelz... the feelz...

Registration date : 2012-01-22
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Project J Sun 13 Jan 2013 - 20:51

For anyone who needs to recap on specific character story arcs, John has halpfully categorised RP posts by chronological order of appearance. Links are in the opening disc thrad

Hopefully that should make stories (and plot details more easily missed) easier to understand. :3

Project J

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Fri 25 Jan 2013 - 5:45

Raskol01l33tpwn QLZ-87 [RUF]AfrikenPilot01
Raskol01l33tpwn QLZ-87 [RUF]AfrikenPilot02
Raskol01l33tpwn QLZ-87 [RUF]AfrikenGunnz
Raskol01l33tpwn QLZ-87 [RUF]AfrikenGunzz

100 Kill
50 Vehicle Disable
100 Vehicle Kill
100 Double Kill
100 Triple Kill
100 Quadruple Kill
100 Squad Wipe

[Raskol01l33tpwn] lol, u skrubz, do u even lift
John_234
John_234

Male

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Back to top Go down

Post by RedWolf4 Fri 25 Jan 2013 - 8:03

Ok, I think we really need to show that not all Russians are axe crazy torture fiends.

For the record Lilya doesn't believe torture with the promise of life to be all that effective.

Torture with the promise of death, however. . .

RedWolf4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakkarius Fri 25 Jan 2013 - 19:19

Oh, don't worry. Raskol is just... special. Even by Russian standards. His nickname is literally derived from the action an axe makes, so...

Also I try not to make it seem as if ALL of Russia is inhabited by Vlad the Impaler's offspring (I know, he's Romanian, but you get the point. Mostly cuz Vlad.). You'll see this when and if we actually get Raskol back into Russia.

Last edited by Drakkarius on Fri 25 Jan 2013 - 19:22; edited 1 time in total
Drakkarius
Drakkarius

Male

Forum Posts : 3

Fan of : Some stuff

Original Characters : Raskol

Comments : Sup, dawg?

Registration date : 2012-12-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Fri 25 Jan 2013 - 19:20

I should probably write up Ilyana and Dimitri, heh.
MP5
MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Sun 27 Jan 2013 - 21:25

[Daisy Richards]
RB Intelligence Analyst

Physical Description: 28 years old, 5'6", lean and muscular build from years of farm work. Growing up working the land in the Dixie sun has given her otherwise fair skin a notable shade of tan to complement her blonde hair. Generally likes to dress more on the casual side, consisting usually of comfortable khakis and denim jeans paired with a short-sleeved button-up shirt and flats or sneakers.

Background: Born to a farming family in rural North Carolina, Daisy spent most of her childhood and adolescence working the land with her family. As the baby sister to three elder brothers, this life practically required her to keep up with them, which meant learning how to drive stick, use tools to build and repair things, ride a horse, help farm animals give birth, and use a firearm responsibly. While Daisy proved herself adept at all these tasks, life in the sticks got boring, and was wondering what to do aside from live and work on the farm after school was done with when she took interest in the field of law enforcement. Rather than start out in a mere police department, however, she applied to join the FBI as soon as she was out of college. She soon became a Special Agent attached to the FBI Counterterrorism Division and was soon assigned to a long-running case investigating a link between the Irish Mob and the IRA terrorist movement in Ireland. Much of her work consisted of sitting behind a desk and trying to put pieces of a fairly large puzzle together, but when it was time to move, Daisy joined the rest of her team in donning body armor and chambering rounds into weapons to go perform a raid when it was deemed appropriate to move on a meeting or gathering of high-priority targets. However, she was usually on the outer edge of the action, standing by on the perimeter or securing the point of entry, rarely ever having to pull the trigger of her weapon except in the case of a few shots required to disable a fleeing vehicle.

During one such raid in Philadelphia, however, a departure from normal occurred when within seconds of raiding a gathering of Irish Mob lieutenants and IRA operatives, much of Daisy's team was quickly incapacitated and while FBI HRT would be on the scene in seconds, only she and a few other agents were available to provide immediate backup. She went in with a partner, hoping to extract or at least cover their downed teammates while HRT came in to support them. While searching for her teammates, she encountered a teenaged redheaded girl who in turn had encountered one of her downed teammates and was keeping pressure on a serious wound. While Daisy attempted to get the girl to leave while preparing to extract her teammate, one of the targets of the raid got the drop on Daisy and attempted to coerce her into surrender. Before Daisy could respond, the young girl charged the target, disarmed him, and knocked him unconscious faster than the FBI agent could comprehend. However, she was preoccupied with extracting her teammate, and when she looked up again, the girl who had saved her from being shot or worse had disappeared, having been replaced by incoming HRT officers coming to her aid and securing the suspect.

In the days to follow, Daisy would be consumed with finding the truth behind who that little girl was, why she was there, and how she was able to perform such superhuman feats. With her superiors concerned about the state of her mental health after the botched raid, she was placed on paid leave for 2 weeks. During this period of time, she was approached by the same girl she met during the raid in addition to her partner, who identified himself as Aurelio Zenigata. The three of them sat down for lunch and had discussed the raid on the meet between the Irish Mafia and representatives from the Irish Replublican Army, revealing the fact that both the FBI and Aurelio's group had been working the same case-- both parties were particularly interested in pursuing the presence of the IRA on American soil, though the FBI had the added goal of reining in the Irish Mafia's operations. For her part, Daisy extended her gratitude to Aurelio and his partner Sophie for saving her life as well as that of her teammate's and asked if there was anything she could do to help them. In response, Aurelio left her with a rather nondescript business card from the Rehabilitation Branch and a friendly instruction worded as a suggestion to call the number on the card should she find herself out of a job.

Aurelio's words would prove to be prophetic, as a few days after returning to her job, she was suddenly laid off on the grounds of concerns about her mental competency to be able to continue working in the FBI. Crestfallen, she returned to the family farm in North Carolina for some time to de-stress and sort out her thoughts. She had been home for about a month before remembering the card Aurelio had left her, and so she called the number and was quickly given instructions on what would be happening in the following days. Soon after she made the call, a letter of acceptance and employment from the Rehabilitation Branch in Los Angeles arrived in the mail with a notice that they expected her within roughly a week's time. When she announced her new offer of employment at the family table, her brothers and her parents encouraged her to go for it, and she was soon packing her things into luggage that would take up the rear seat of her 1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS. Then, on the night before Daisy left for California, her father gave her one last thing to take along with her-- A Colt M1911A1 .45-caliber pistol, the same one her grandfather had used when fighting the Nazis in WWII. The trusty .45 had kept her grandfather safe in Europe, and then kept her father safe as a grunt in Vietnam. Now, it was Daisy's turn to carry the weapon as both a good luck charm and a defensive weapon while living in Los Angeles.

A few days later, Daisy accompanied Aurelio and Sophie into the inner workings of the Rehabilitation Branch, introducing the country girl into an entirely new world where things were not what they seemed. It didn't take long for Daisy to learn the secret behind Sophie's superhuman ability and what lurked inside her and the other girls and boys who were like her. She soon learned that the Rehabilitation Branch had been working off of the same information she had been putting together for months, and that her efforts had given them what they had needed to accomplish their objectives in regards to counterterrorism. At the end of the tour, Aurelio told her they were in need of an intelligence analyst to help them with their efforts against the IRA and that Daisy fit the bill for the kind of person they needed. Sensing she had nothing to lose by joining them, Daisy agreed to work with the Rehabilitation Branch, and she wasted no time getting settled into her new role.

Personality: By all accounts, Daisy is generally a very sweet person with an outgoing personality, with a smidgen of ditziness. Since joining the Rehabilitation Branch, Daisy still occasionally gets lost finding her way around (despite having worked there for little over a year now), especially when getting carried away in her own thoughts or in conversations with others she meets along the way. Despite this, Daisy remains a much-liked figure at the Branch due to her efficiency in sorting intelligence from human and electronic assets in a timely manner as well as her overall tendency to greet everyone with a smile and a sunny demeanor. Ever since learning of the purpose behind girls like Sophie, she has taken a shine to them, with a tendency to dote over them like an older sister.

Daisy's personality also bears an underlying tomboyishness, a byproduct of being raised on a farm with three elder brothers and growing up in a family that shoots together. Daisy is not a woman overly concerned with appearances, as demonstrated by her relatively relaxed approach to dress and/or makeup (if applicable). Her rural roots do somewhat place her out-of-sync with city life, and living in California as someone who was raised with firearms in the house has made her bewildered as to why a state with such nice weather would be so immensely restrictive on firearm ownership.

Though Daisy is something of a country bumpkin and a relatively soft-hearted person, she isn't completely naive; if a homeless person asks if she can spare any money, she instead chooses to buy a meal for them and then send them on their way, a procedure learned while living in Philadelphia. While she bears no ill will whatsoever towards the less fortunate, Daisy's parents raised her to be aware of those who would take advantage of her kindness, and living in the city of brotherly love for a few years quickly taught her that, particularly due to one occasion where a homeless man with a particularly heart-rending sob story conned her out of what she had budgeted to spend on lunch that day. Since moving to Los Angeles and starting her career at the Rehabilitation Branch, Daisy has grown a little more street-smart, but compassion for her fellow man still remains intact.

Operational History: FBI Counterterrorism Division [Late 2007-Early 2010]

Equipment:

LBT 6094 Modular Plate Carrier
Spoiler:

Colt M4A1
Spoiler:

Colt M1911A1
Spoiler:

Vehicle:

1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Spoiler: