Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rehabilitation Branch [Discussion Thread]

+17
Gejjo
boomer_gonz
taerKitty
Drakkarius
komplikation
The Son of Nihilism
tremec6speed
dragonfire238
RedWolf4
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika
Alfisti
mistersaxon
Il Direttore
Project J
ElfenMagix
MP5
John_234
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Rehabilitation Branch [Discussion Thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: The Rehabilitation Branch [Discussion Thread]

Post by Thescarredman Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 8:31

Cool. I'll post a longer message soon, to let everyone know what's going on with this collab. That way we can co-ordinate somewhat.

Thescarredman

Forum Posts : 2226

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

The Rehabilitation Branch [Discussion Thread] - Page 4 Empty Re: The Rehabilitation Branch [Discussion Thread]

Post by John_234 Sat 22 Mar 2014 - 22:44

Since I've been kinda-sorta dead due to hospital and IRL stuff, I haven't been around to speak of. Sorry. Gonna post, I guess.

John_234

Forum Posts : 469

Registration date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Project J Tue 25 Mar 2014 - 4:48

<3

I've been meaning to post something, but writing fight choreography is not my forte and I've honestly never been great at it =P

Project J

Forum Posts : 58

Registration date : 2012-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Tue 25 Mar 2014 - 13:07

I'm done browbeating. The mall scene will be up in a couple of days, then the return to Newport Beach. After that, let's reconsider where we want to go with this. Kiskaloo says he's prepared to add post to this thread, but I don't know what form that may take. More on that later, hopefully.

Thescarredman

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Project J Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 7:36

Personally I think we should charge ahead with the plan we came up with on the pad. Your thoughts on our next course of action, John?

Project J

Back to top Go down

Post by Project J Tue 1 Apr 2014 - 6:35

also GARGH I put my MicroSD card into my tablet the wrong way and I think pulling it out broke it, as it can't read anymore. Chunks of my RB writing are gone!

/fliptable

Project J

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty Tue 1 Apr 2014 - 8:14

That sucks!

taerKitty

Forum Posts : 1211

Registration date : 2012-01-22
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Tue 1 Apr 2014 - 21:18

Been there. On the positive side, reconstructing it will be easier than writing it the first time, and while you're doing it, a new insight or refinement may come to you that leaves you happier with the final result.

Working on RB as well. Presently taking shape under the keyboard: Kris, Angel and Estelle are just going into the mall, and the girls are already arguing about which stores to hit. A surveillance team sent by Mord is waiting for their return at the house. Back at headquarters, Stefan is trying to tutor Tiffany, and, conscientious soul that he is, having a hard time asserting his authority over a cyborg who expects her handler to emphasize his lessons with his fists.

Thescarredman

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty Tue 1 Apr 2014 - 21:28

I'm really looking forward to this!

taerKitty

Forum Posts : 1211

Registration date : 2012-01-22
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 13 Apr 2014 - 9:38

So I have some initial questions should anyone have some answers. Smile

Section 1’s location is given as “Washington D.C.”. Are they in the FEMA Building with Section 2, or in another location (like the Nebraska Avenue Complex where much of DHS is currently located until they move to St. Elizabeths Hospital)?

James West carries the title of Chief of Staff. Where does he fall in the Chain of Command? Is he like Lorenzo in the SWA or is there some Undersecretary who holds that role in the Rehabilitation Branch who West is their CoS?

Dominica Reyes - Is it Miss Reyes or Missus?

Marcus Moretti - He seems to be the head of the Chicago Branch Office? Also, in GSG:A he served as the liaison to the SWA. Does he still also have this role, or is that now handled by Dominica?
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Sun 13 Apr 2014 - 15:37

Clearly you've been doing your research for your entry into our little offshoot collab, Kisk. You've already dug deeper than I've had occasion to, since my main RB characters interact only tangentially with the Branch proper, and my secondaries are techies in a support role. John_234 brought this concept with him to the forum; I'd guess he's the go-to guy for answers. If you can't wait for an answer, I suggest you wing it.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 13 Apr 2014 - 16:50

Thescarredman wrote:Clearly you've been doing your research for your entry into our little offshoot collab, Kisk. You've already dug deeper than I've had occasion to, since my main RB characters interact only tangentially with the Branch proper, and my secondaries are techies in a support role.

I have a scene in Washington D.C. where Michele is introduced to West and Reyes as it's been indicated that West handles all personnel hiring and firing so I imagine he'd want to meet Michele in person - especially since Michele's appointment carries influence from at least the Undersecretary level, if not the Secretary of DHS level. However, I've figured out how to work it into the narrative without needing to write the scene in DC so I can be vague.

Since Moretti is formerly with the SWA (even if he was after Michele's time), West decides to make him the Branch Contact for Michele rather than the usual "closest branch office" (in this case, Oakland, CA and Denton, TX).

My original chapter one was in Rome, but I want to have Kumari learn about Kara and Claes so Michele goes back to Italy with her for a short period to set his things in order before starting his mission with Kumari in Mexico and Central / South America (where they will be working to disrupt the cocaine trade that is flooding into Italy.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Sun 13 Apr 2014 - 18:26

That sounds excellent. Will there be any cross-plotting with existing threads? From my experience, it's rather hard to 'share a pad' with another writer if they don't check in and contribute regularly, and the RB group is kind of scattered right now.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Project J Thu 24 Apr 2014 - 4:11

Hello~! Hopefully I can offer answers in John's stead. :3

From what I percieve, James West is the overseer of all Rehabilitation Branch Sections (in a purely administrative/staffing fashion), with Dominica Reyes assisting on that front in terms of organising operations. I think Lorenzo would be more comparable to Marcus Moretti, though if memory serves me right the operations Section for RB are led by several individuals, and isn't quite as centralised as the SWA's divisions.

The original concept for Rehabilitation Branch had stations mostly inside FEMA buildings iirc, sort of like one of those clichéd basements-under-basements =P I don't know if that's what John still had in mind, but I'd roll with that! At the very least, RB exists under FEMA as a formality, administration-wise - but apart from Section 1, every other Section has stations in a variety of places.

Of course, this is all based off my understanding, so you might want to ping John as well if you like~

Project J

Male

Fan of : A lot of things.

Original Characters : Christine/Amita Edgehart

Comments : Only in this for a bit of RPing, nothing too heavy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 25 Apr 2014 - 10:34

Thanks, Project J.

My concept story deals with The Cartel Arc, but skimming the story posts to date (I'll do a full re-read), I don't see a specific mention of cartels other than the Russians are working with Los Zetas, whose area of operations is along the Gulf of Mexico and the border with southern Texas.

Is there any specific cartel the RB are engaged against, or is it being kept deliberately nebulous?

The Sinaloa Cartel seems to be the most powerful so they strike me as a logical choice for one of the cartels seeking cyborg technology (it sounds like multiple cartels are in a joint-effort to acquire this technology, though if they were working against each other, that could make for some interesting events).
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Project J Fri 25 Apr 2014 - 21:07

Yeah from what I've gathered, RB doesn't have a specific cartel pinned down as of yet. The truth is probably that yes, there are multiple cartels involved, some of which are actually working towards a common goal (whether wittingly or not, actually) though infighting is inevitable since we're not talking about a disciplined mob here =P

Project J

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Project J Fri 6 Jun 2014 - 6:31

Fun setup btw guys Very Happy Looking forward to seeing more!

Hopefully this can get John up over his lazy butt at some point~

Project J

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Fri 6 Jun 2014 - 15:07

Writing the first mall visit by Angel and Kris now. If Red Wolf is done with this collab and no longer wants to write his 'kidnap' story, I have an alternate storyline to salvage the plot. J, John?
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Project J Sat 7 Jun 2014 - 3:26

I'll get back to you with that in a few hours. PM me any ideas you can and I'll run it by John if you like

Project J

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Mon 1 Sep 2014 - 12:58

The 'kidnapping' story arc has been put on the shelf, but in such a way that we can return to it easily if Red's interest rekindles. Not expecting it, frankly, but it was too good an idea to simply chuck.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Tue 30 Oct 2018 - 6:28

Where the heck are all the collabs? I'm still posting, however infrequently, to Chalet Shenanigans and Rehabilitation Branch, and I enjoy rereading many of the others (this is the only place Robert Frazer's 'Dolomites' ficlet appears, to my knowledge). What prompted the removal of so many fic threads?
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 30 Oct 2018 - 18:32

I did some pruning of the years-old and completed RPG forums after the other active site admins came to the conclusion they were just cluttering up the forum directory and looks like I did delete the Collaborative Stories forum by mistake as it deleted the entire tree.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4