Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vidya games!!

+50
ChaosKin640
overkill13
FearTheLASERFACE
Officer_Charon
Plaxy
theprodigalson
austinhowell
windfish55
H_Wimbleton
Triela Hilshire
Adam
MP5
Jacen Starslayer
Professor Voodoo
0utf0xZer0
Five_X
SPARTAN 119
Toma-kun
Alfisti
Sakura
Volcrim
hydra282
Godot
maverick375
Robert Frazer
Cherubino
tsundere9kagami2
SnowDream
Piero
Awinnell
Kougeru
Probit Return
Nuke is Good
Kiskaloo
Triela-Chan
Thanatos
Whatface
West Nile
KodokuRyuu
TTIO
boomer_gonz
sasahara17
rusty-spring
Sintendo
emperor
Wileama
Tommygunner70
Nachtsider
LoC978
Triela
54 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Vidya games!! - Page 11 Empty Re: Vidya games!!

Post by SPARTAN 119 Sat 29 Aug 2009 - 12:11

I have an Xbox 360, PS2, and a Gamecube, but the only one i play a lot right now is a 360.
A few games I play on at least a semi-regular basis:
*Halo 3
*Call of Duty 4
*CoD World at War
*Gears of War 2
*Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

SPARTAN 119

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherubino Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 15:40

Nuke is Good wrote:
Cherubino wrote:
Nuke is Good wrote:
Cherubino wrote:Question... Has anyone here with a Wii played the game Baroque?

I tried the PS2 game a while back, it feels like a dungeon crawler. Going around killing stuff, I heard the game gets a tad hard later.
Ok... Riddle me this... What the hell is the story?! Is there one?! Why is it every time I die I come back with a crappy character... Isn't the point of the game to die? I don't get it... bang head

I had really NO idea what the story was like when I was playing through. I was told to play the game twice through to get any comprehension from it so I just stopped. I think some baroques are unlocked through dying though.
If I don't get the story the first time why would I ever play it the second time???? xD

Cherubino

Forum Posts : 457

Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 2:59

I kinda felt tat way about FF8.

And the endless magic drawing.

OMG!!

boomer_gonz

Forum Posts : 2574

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 14:11

yeah, farming monsters from certain areas for spells got old fast. the FF8 magic system sucked even harder than the plot...

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Forum Posts : 2628

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Godot Tue 1 Sep 2009 - 16:31

rusty-spring wrote:No kidding, and that's just a (~9 year old) PS2.
I'd hate to see what the inside of my PS3 or 360 looks like. Guh?

EDIT: Speaking of PS2, I finally picked up Persona 4, I hope it's as good as I've heard it is. I did enjoy Persona 3
Spoiler:
If you enjoyed P3, you'll definitely enjoy P4. Very Happy There are some very dark and depressing moments in the game though, just to warn you. Very well done though.

Toma-kun wrote:Persona 4 is the better overall game, but P3 has an edge in the story and music department. I don't think I could pick a favorite though. Razz

P4 is my favorite between them, but that's really more of a matter of preference. cheers

Godot

Forum Posts : 198

Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Toma-kun Tue 1 Sep 2009 - 16:39

Yea you can't really lose with either game, probably the two best console RPGs of this decade.

Toma-kun

Forum Posts : 134

Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Tue 1 Sep 2009 - 19:41

Godot wrote:P4 is my favorite between them, but that's really more of a matter of preference. cheers
I'm finding the protagonist (Player Character) of P4 10000000^e times better than the protagonist from P3. The P3 PC was too much of an emo for my tastes. Plus, P4's protagonists Persona is far and away cooler looking than P3's protagonist's.

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Forum Posts : 1380

Back to top Go down

Post by Toma-kun Tue 1 Sep 2009 - 19:55

Emo?!? I'll admit that's how I felt in the beginning too, mostly because of the hair style, but that's where it ends. Hissy fit

The PC in P4 is too complacent and always has a confused look on his face (though that's not necessarily a bad thing, people have said the same thing about me).

But yes, Izanagi is a lot better than Orpheus.

Toma-kun

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Tue 1 Sep 2009 - 21:00

I just figure the P4 protagonist is just "playing it cool." Maybe that explains how he can date 4 girls at once. just whistlin'

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Toma-kun Wed 2 Sep 2009 - 1:10

He certainly has a strong pimp hand, I'll give him that!
Toma-kun
Toma-kun

Male

Fan of : GSG, Boogiepop

Comments : Has a luck stat of 1.

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Wed 2 Sep 2009 - 1:25

Just a quick list of games I have currently played (Over the summer pretty much). I haven't had much time as of late to game however, except for when I do Persona 4:

PS3
- NCAA Football 10 (a LOT sweat )
- Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (Online Co-op)
- Armored Core For Answer

PS2
- Persona 4
- Ace Combat 5 (Old, but still my favorite arcade/flight sim ever)

X360
- Tales of Vesperia (One of my favorite "traditional" RPGs)
- Fable 2
- Condemned 2 (I love the forensics mini-games)
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Wed 2 Sep 2009 - 3:48

recently... I've replayed Knights of the Old Republic (and 2) in order to refresh my memory as to the storyline leading up to this game.

...that's about it...
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Godot Wed 2 Sep 2009 - 13:21

rusty-spring wrote:
Godot wrote:P4 is my favorite between them, but that's really more of a matter of preference. cheers
I'm finding the protagonist (Player Character) of P4 10000000^e times better than the protagonist from P3. The P3 PC was too much of an emo for my tastes. Plus, P4's protagonists Persona is far and away cooler looking than P3's protagonist's.
I also liked P4's character art style more than P3. I guess you could say they also matched the overall style or tone of the games though.
Godot
Godot

Male

Fan of : Henrietta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Wed 2 Sep 2009 - 14:22

I've just been playing the Phoenix Wright games. played Ace aturny, currently playing Justice for all. after which I'll have to do Trials and Tribulations.
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1956

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 2 Sep 2009 - 21:34

I am always late with the latest game systems but lately I started Left4Dead on PC. But most of the time I play on PS2 (haven't bought PS3 yet) Replaying old games I have like FFXII or MGS series. Heck I still play with my NES. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Sun 6 Sep 2009 - 4:45

Just got a new 'cheap' PSP to replace my busted one from a recent visit to Bangkok... you know, the 'modified type'. Gosh, that store was shady... they didn't even keep their wares in their shop, you had to order stuff and wait for them to get back to you.

Ace Attorney rocks, especially Trials and Tribulations. Finding out Nick got disbarred in AJ gave me a few nightmares tho'.

Anyone able to put FF VII on a PSP? I've been trying, but no dice.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke is Good Wed 9 Sep 2009 - 11:06

sasahara17 wrote:Just got a new 'cheap' PSP to replace my busted one from a recent visit to Bangkok... you know, the 'modified type'. Gosh, that store was shady... they didn't even keep their wares in their shop, you had to order stuff and wait for them to get back to you.

Ace Attorney rocks, especially Trials and Tribulations. Finding out Nick got disbarred in AJ gave me a few nightmares tho'.

If you use Popstation you can load the PSX iso.

If you have a certain firmware you can get the PSN download version.

My sister's PSP was stolen so I can't help you at the moment on this.
Nuke is Good
Nuke is Good

Male

Forum Posts : 326

Original Characters : Rc v1

Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherubino Wed 9 Sep 2009 - 18:41

sasahara17 wrote:Just got a new 'cheap' PSP to replace my busted one from a recent visit to Bangkok... you know, the 'modified type'. Gosh, that store was shady... they didn't even keep their wares in their shop, you had to order stuff and wait for them to get back to you.

When it comes down to electronics I dunno my ass from my elbow but, I can't you download FFVII for the PS3 and then hook the PSP to the PS3??? sweat
Cherubino
Cherubino

Female

Forum Posts : 457

Fan of : Opera, Gun sports, antique guns, Final Fantasy

Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Wed 9 Sep 2009 - 20:08

and now for a really long poem about a console shooting game:
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Wed 9 Sep 2009 - 21:19

What can I say... Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (sp?) is quite possibly the greatest writer of our time.

I, on the other hand, have gone not-nearly-as old-school this week and loaded up Crimson Skies. No, not that suck-ass X-boxer version that kills the arcadish simulation in favor of just plain arcadish controls and gameplay. I have that one and I don't play it.

No, I play the original, for PC. Okay, maybe it's not the greatest sim ever, nor is it the greatest action game ever. What it IS is a freaking fun bit of flying. From torpedoing zeppelins to downing numerous enemy (good guy) fighters, to wiggling that plane through a slot between two buildings with inches to spare on all sides, it is just plain fun.

The story, for those who don't know, is that the US came apart shortly after WWI, due to a plague, isolationism, and a number of other things. The only real method of travel that crossed most borders was by air, and so Airships became kings of the skies. Transporting people and cargo, they quickly became the targets of opportunists- Air Pirates!!!
Among those who live in infamy rose a small band of adventurers, those who fly for the sake of flying and a good time. Led by a swarthy, gentleman pirate by the name of Nathan Zachary, the Fortune Hunters wine, dine, and fly their way across much of the American states, searching for their next big score and bloodying the noses of all those who stand in their way.

This, in my mind, is a masterpiece of video game design. Had it been more popular, it would have gone GOY easily. the story telling is largely in between missions, though the individual levels progress in such a way that helps the story. The voice acting is incredible. All of the characters are vivid, even on the in-game radio, and Zachary himself is brought to life as the closest thing to Erol Flynn as has been seen since. The supporting characters are equally well-defined and the comraderie with friends and the hatred from enemies is clearly felt by the player.

In most missions, stunt flying is purely for show, but even in the dreaded air-race level, if you can't hack it, the game will let you go on after four tries. My personal recommendation is to get a flight-stick with a rudder control, as you're going to need it. My favorite is the Saitek X45. There really is only a couple of times where the requirements of the mission feel oppressive, and this just livens it up for when you actually complete them.

Flight-sim fans who haven't played this, I highly recommend it. Arcade action fans might get a kick out of it too. For XP and above systems using newer cards, you're going to need a special patch from a guy on the net: http://timeslip.chorrol.com. He's a guy who took up the fix project at the request of an E-mail and got hooked on the effort. The fix he made works great for NVidia chips, but should also work for ATI's.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatface Fri 11 Sep 2009 - 5:41

So I just 'acquired' Scribblenauts and wow, you can summon internet memes!!!!

Longcat (I spawned the Devil and longcat killed it)
Lolcat
Orly owl
Leeroy Jenkin
Loitma Girl (leekspin)
Rick Roll
Over 9000

Even "All your base are belong to us" and "do not want" works.
Whatface
Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Male

Forum Posts : 880

Fan of : Henrietta, Rico, Triela, Aurora

Original Characters : Muffin

Comments : Why can't I leave this blank?

Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Fri 11 Sep 2009 - 18:09

Having hit about the mid-way point of Persona 4, the rose color glasses have slipped a bit and I'm reminded of one thing I don't particular enjoy about JRPGs (or any RPGs for that matter). That is of course, the nearly mandatory level grinding required to progress though the game. Nothing kills a good, interesting story like Persona 4 like having to suddenly stop and spend 2 hours doing nothing but running around fighting non-stop battles.

Vidya games!! - Page 11 367

Don't get me wrong, still love the game, but damn I hate level grinding. At least Football Saturday is coming up, and I can give my gaming a break.

On another note: Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 is still fairly enjoyable and it's the biggest guilty pleasure video game I've ever played bar none. Vidya games!! - Page 11 Icon_razz
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Toma-kun Fri 11 Sep 2009 - 18:32

How would you rate the grinding compared to Persona 3 though? I thought P4 had MUCH better pacing and the dungeons weren't nearly as repetitive as Tartarus.
Toma-kun
Toma-kun

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Fri 11 Sep 2009 - 18:41

Toma-kun wrote:How would you rate the grinding compared to Persona 3 though? I thought P4 had MUCH better pacing and the dungeons weren't nearly as repetitive as Tartarus.
I'll agree with that. Persona 4 moves along much better than Persona 3, and I hated Tartarus with a passion.

The grinding hasn't been terrible, I usually have gone back to get the bonus boss from the last dungeon, then go ahead and beat the new dungeon so that usually negates most of grinding requirements, but I've found some bosses that I've had to go grind to get the skills I want. Plus, I honestly don't fuse Persona that much, usually only to get a required S. Link type.

Personally, I'm doing the battles as a means to progress the story, the actual fighting and all that doesn't interest me all that much. That means I've been requiring myself to beat each dungeon in just one trip so I don't have to suffer more battles. That damn Fox sure is making a killing off me. Vidya games!! - Page 11 Icon_razz

But yes, Persona 4 > Persona 3 in nearly ever way, except maybe music.
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Toma-kun Fri 11 Sep 2009 - 20:05

I never used that Fox, he's such a rip off. Have you gotten Naoto yet? You get her fairly late, but she's awesome for random battles and grinding because of her instant death skills.

I usually try to gain 10-12 levels per dungeon, which leaves plenty of room for error when tackling the next dungeon. It sucks that they reduced the Arcana chance though, that was my trump card for power leveling in P3.
Toma-kun
Toma-kun

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Fri 11 Sep 2009 - 20:49

I used Fox because I'd run out of SP items, and I vowed to only to spend one in-game night to beat the dungeons, so I really had no choice, but yes Fox is a rip off. Vidya games!! - Page 11 Icon_razz

And nope not to Naoto yet, though I'll assume that's who the next dungeon is about.
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sat 12 Sep 2009 - 2:50

I've finally conquered Madworld(fscking Twirllenkiller) and beaten HotD: Overkill. Both games are great with Madworld having prolly the most innovative use of the Wii 'chuck and Overkill being just as exciting as it was hilarious. With both games I found myself yelling expletives(just like the good ol' days) and with my sense of satisfaction in check I decided to move on.

Today I walked into Doc's Arcade determined to finally pick up a copy of Super Smash Brothers Brawl. But then...a little game called Muramasa was in the stand-up Wii demo machine...and...well. I sported a grin that would make The Joker envious.

Triela, Rubi; SSBB will have to wait and I encourage everyone to get this game if you happen to have a Wii. It is made of awesome!!
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Tue 15 Sep 2009 - 9:30

Anyone played Arkham Asylum yet? I never thought I'd see the day when they made a good Batman game, but I'm happy that I've been proven wrong.

In other news, my name PSP broke down. Cause; Memory stick was defective. Thank god I keep backus of everything, including all my save games.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Tue 15 Sep 2009 - 12:56

I've played Arkham Asylum and damn is it crazy fun. I'm taking a break from it right now to play through Muramasa for the Wii until I can figure out a way to save Dr. Chen(or Chang, I forget).
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Thu 17 Sep 2009 - 12:44

I've been trying out a new game called Wet (yeah that's the name of it Vidya games!! - Page 11 61015 ) and I have to say it's lots of fun. It's like a mix between a Chow Yun Fat movie, Max Payne, and Black Lagoon.

Vidya games!! - Page 11 Wet00310

You play a female badass who generally goes on action packed mayhem. It has "bullet time" and during which you can aim the dual guns independently, while also pulling off crazy cinematic moves. Like sliding on a table full of champagne glasses while shooting, doing mid air somersaults and cartwheels while shooting, or grappling around a giant ice sculpture while shooting.

If gunning isn't your thing, then luckily she's also an expert swordswoman and has no problem dicing up enemies in equally cinematic ways.

So far, the plot seems to be styled like a typical 80's action flick, but it moves along well and despite the story problems doesn't get bogged down.
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Toma-kun Thu 24 Sep 2009 - 14:19

Started playing Red Faction: Guerrilla for the PC today and was pleasantly surprised by the huge changeover in the gameplay style. I didn't realize it was played in 3rd person, which really irked me at first, but then the open ended and action packed world drew me in.

The graphics are superb, even if the color palette and textures are lacking in variety (it is Mars, after all) and it runs surprisingly well at 2560x1600 even with 4x FSAA. Not too bad for a console port!
Toma-kun
Toma-kun

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 11:58

A word of warning for when you do get Naoto, Rusty. Chakra Ring is a MUST, otherwise, she eats SP like nobodies business. Contrary to popular opinion, I actually found her quite useful for boss battles too. Mind Charge+Megidola/Megidolaon makes short work of them. Chie also becomes game breaking later on. Honestly, the only thing, other than the music, that I thought P3 did better was the physicals. With three types, it actually made it a bit more imparative to train everyone, as opposed to your three favorites.

Anyways, I've been kinda busy with BlazBlue lately. Fighting games aren't exactly my genre of choice, but it's pretty fun. I've yet to take it online though, as I don't deem myself good enough to actually try, though if anyone wants to whoop my ass, I'd be happy to TRY making it worth your time. My PSN is Probit-Return.

Between that, Valkyria Chronicles, and Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days, and Disgaea 3, I've been keeping myself pretty busy, game wise.

And if it counts, I've been "playing" Umineko no Naku Koro ni.
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 14:35

Hah, I just read something that made me go "Dude, that makes perfect sense!" That being the whole "console" wars thing.

I'm a Sony fan, and probably will be for a long time. So that said if I decided to do any sort of gaming, it's with a PS2/3. The PS3 is dependable, does lots of things well, and is shiny. I will admit though that it's a pain to develop for and it's game selection isn't as vast as other consoles.

Then in comes the Xbox 360. It's like the hot neighbor girl who's always flirting with you. It's flaky, tends to overheat, and any time you want to go hang out with some friends over the net it's gonna cost you. But it also has a larger, more vast category of games on it, so even though PS3 is solid and dependable, you find yourself wanting to hang out with the X360.

Moral of the story is I caved. I really didn't want to buy an Xbox360, but I didn't want to miss out of the games it offered over Sony (mostly RPGs). So I reluctantly bought one, and I enjoy it. Though sometimes I feel a bit used when I'm done.

So yeah, PS3 = Solid dependable friend. Xbox360 = Hot girl you'd ditch those friends for if the situation calls for it.
Probit Return wrote:Anyways, I've been kinda busy with BlazBlue lately. Fighting games
aren't exactly my genre of choice, but it's pretty fun. I've yet to
take it online though, as I don't deem myself good enough to actually
try, though if anyone wants to whoop my ass, I'd be happy to TRY making
it worth your time. My PSN is Probit-Return.
I really like fighting games, but not particularly good at time. I just have fast reflexes (that's mostly used for button mashing). Unfortunately I don't have BlazBlue. The only fighting game I have at the moment is Soul Calibur IV though I wanted to try BlazBlue. I've mentioned my PSN before, but I might as well do it again just in case. PSN = EastWay.
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 14:46

Sweet. I'll be sure to add you... though BlazBlue is the only online game I have, other than MGS4, but I've heard the process to play MGO isn't worth the experience. I plan to get Littlebigplanet and Skate 2 soon though. Whenever I can scrape up the cash.
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 14:52

Probit Return wrote:'ve heard the process to play MGO isn't worth the experience. I plan to get Littlebigplanet
It's a massive pain in the ass. I did it, and found MGO enjoyable but didn't keep my attention for very long. There were some very serious balance problems back when I played it, maybe it's better now.
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 15:13

Ugh... I think I'll pass. I'm not exactly jonesing for another play through of MGS4 yet anyways, so MGO isn't really topping that list. Especially since I'm a fan of using sniper rifles, which is likely to get me booted pretty fast. Or so I hear.
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Tue 29 Sep 2009 - 15:24

Uncharted 2 Demo is out on PSN now, so two words: Get. It. Vidya games!! - Page 11 Icon_razz

Any PS3 owners who have not played the first Uncharted have been missing a really fun game (think Indiana Jones meets Tomb Raider), and now the multiplayer demo with tons of content that you can play for FREE online (all PS3 games have free online play)...well...Like I said. Just get it. Vidya games!! - Page 11 Icon_cheers
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Thu 1 Oct 2009 - 12:24

Hot damn, I shall download it now. I usually don't notice when new demos pop up.
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Godot Fri 2 Oct 2009 - 2:14

Has anyone here played No More Heroes?

You will never experience anything else like it Vidya games!! - Page 11 Icon_biggrin.
Godot
Godot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 2 Oct 2009 - 3:00

only briefly, at a game store display. I found it amusing. A bit juvenile, but amusing.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 7 Oct 2009 - 15:43

I am so there...

"EEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHH!!!! FUCK!" Vidya games!! - Page 11 65220
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 12 Oct 2009 - 22:32

I couldn't even see what the hell it was that made him shit his pants, but lulz were had nonetheless. Vidya games!! - Page 11 666428
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 12 Oct 2009 - 22:32

Full of Win
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Mon 12 Oct 2009 - 22:33

Nachtsider wrote:I couldn't even see what the hell it was that made him shit his pants, but lulz were had nonetheless. Vidya games!! - Page 11 666428
The doll on the table on the left, at the very beginning, falls off. Vidya games!! - Page 11 Icon_razz

The guys are from "Four Player Podcast", and they have lots of funny videos like that. This one is longer at ~5 minutes so gauge your interest, but it does have some funny moments as well. Also from Fatal Frame 2.

"Oh shit she's attacking!"
"Dude, what's that in her hand? Beef jerky?"
"She's attacking me with beef jerky!"
Manages to turn into a talk about Madonna.

rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Godot Tue 13 Oct 2009 - 20:39

I'm almost certain that no one here has, but has anyone here played Hotel Dusk: Room 215? I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the Phoenix Wright series.

Noir-style mystery set in the 1970s, I think, which is certainly something you don't see too often in gaming. It has some of the best dialogue I've ever had the pleasure of reading in a game. Just finished it a while back. I'm pretty sure that I am the only person ever to have played this game Vidya games!! - Page 11 249988 . Someone please tell me I'm wrong Vidya games!! - Page 11 61015
Godot
Godot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke is Good Tue 13 Oct 2009 - 20:47

Godot wrote:I'm almost certain that no one here has, but has anyone here played Hotel Dusk: Room 215? I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the Phoenix Wright series.

Noir-style mystery set in the 1970s, I think, which is certainly something you don't see too often in gaming. It has some of the best dialogue I've ever had the pleasure of reading in a game. Just finished it a while back. I'm pretty sure that I am the only person ever to have played this game Vidya games!! - Page 11 249988 . Someone please tell me I'm wrong Vidya games!! - Page 11 61015

Played it. Finished it. Loved it.
Nuke is Good
Nuke is Good

Male

Forum Posts : 326

Original Characters : Rc v1

Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Tue 13 Oct 2009 - 21:05

I recently aquired the Baldur's Gate games. I haven't played them in years, and they're still the best games ever made.

Other than that, I've been playing Star Ocean 2 on my PSP, as usual, and playing Fallout 3. Well, less 'playing', and more 'figuring out what the hell is causing it to crash so damn often'. I also beat Fallout 2 for the nth time. That run was actually a Let's Play you can find on YouTube. Just search up 'Five_X'. Another awesome sorta game related thing is that MangaGamer is releasing their translation of the Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni visual novels some time this month. I've already played (or is it 'read'?) the awesome fan translation of the first arc, and it's surprisingly excellent, even though I've watched them anime before. It's even better, perhaps. I highly recommend you look at buying it (it'll be direct download for the PC) if you liked the anime.
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Godot Tue 13 Oct 2009 - 21:48

Nuke is Good wrote:
Godot wrote:I'm almost certain that no one here has, but has anyone here played Hotel Dusk: Room 215? I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the Phoenix Wright series.

Played it. Finished it. Loved it.

REALLY?! Vidya games!! - Page 11 249988 Vidya games!! - Page 11 249988 Vidya games!! - Page 11 249988
Vidya games!! - Page 11 Icon_biggrin Vidya games!! - Page 11 50022
You just made my day Vidya games!! - Page 11 Icon_cheers Vidya games!! - Page 11 654473 .
Anyone else?
Godot
Godot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Mon 19 Oct 2009 - 23:13

Absolutely love Uncharted 2 on PS3. Easily the best game I've played in story/polish/gameplay in a VERY long time. (Though I think top game still belongs to Valkyria Chronicles...I'm a sucker for the artwork)

I'm also digging the multiplayer. Gotta love rockets and buckshot. Vidya games!! - Page 11 Icon_razz
Vidya games!! - Page 11 Eastwa10
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Tue 20 Oct 2009 - 8:55

Just got Prototype fro the PS3. It;s super special awesome!!! I love running though the streets with a car in my hands while plowing people over! XD
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Tue 20 Oct 2009 - 9:26

Triela wrote:Just got Prototype fro the PS3. It;s super special awesome!!! I love running though the streets with a car in my hands while plowing people over! XD

RAMMING SPEED!!!!!

Vidya games!! - Page 11 65220
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 20 Oct 2009 - 9:46

boomer_gonz wrote:
Triela wrote:Just got Prototype fro the PS3. It;s super special awesome!!! I love running though the streets with a car in my hands while plowing people over! XD

RAMMING SPEED!!!!!

Vidya games!! - Page 11 65220

Death Race 2009
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Tue 20 Oct 2009 - 10:33

Prototype is a fun game, although there are times I feel a little guilty killing all those innocent people and soldiers.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 20 Oct 2009 - 11:17

Any game involving killing will eventually make you sick of taking lives. Trust me on this one. It may not occur immediately, but sometime down the road.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Tue 20 Oct 2009 - 19:17

Well, it depends how you define 'lives'. Someone sure as hell isn't gonna feel sorry about killing zombies, or robots, or murderers, or monsters. It's not like a message pops up when you kill an ogre saying:

"Congratulations, you've just killed your 10,000th ogre! Thanks to you, the ogre population is crippled and can never recover. Great job dooming another species to extinction, 'adventurer'."

My kill count in video games is much lower than most, but it's still in the hundreds of thousands. I could literally tally up the numbers of what I've killed. I've killed around 200,000 zombies, hundreds of Nazis, 10,000 orcs and goblins, 5000 random enemies from Fallout, hundreds of Locust, and 100,000 non Nazi humans. It's rather ridiculous.

But really, games don't generally tell you the backstory of every thing you kill. But even if they did, gamers would still kill them. I've met some pretty sadistic people, as well. Maybe, if a game was told from the perspective of one character that you play for a while, and get to know what their life and their problems are, then they are killed in a battle, would work. After the player plays that side of the game, and getting all sad cos that character that they got really attached to died, they'd play the side of the character's killers. That'd give some perspective, for sure.

But really, in video games, depending on the plot, atmosphere, and characters, the killing can be justified. The easiest is obviously with zombies and mosnters, of course. But it's really hard to avoid justifying the killing. In general, the players' enemies are attacking first, and it's a kill or be killed sorta situation. Or the enemies are trying to destroy or take over something relatable to the player, like their country, or Earth itself.

I would really like to see a game like the example I posted above, but I doubt it will be made. I could make a really deep Fallout 3 mod, I guess, but I'm not sure how I could do it.

And, games often desensitize people to violence. It's done that to me. I don't flinch at the sight of people being tortured and murdered, beaten and killed, or blown to pieces. But when that rare something, even beyond games, comes along, it's really amazing. I believe I've only been moved to tears, or any real, strong emotion, three different times by a book, movie, anime, or what have you. The two most memorable are when I beat Baldur's Gate many years ago, because that game is a masterpiece of writing, and Elfen Lied, for the same reason. Both made me feel empathy for very well made characters. Although I couldn't care less about the hordes of foes I've shot or sliced, I cried for a misunderstood girl with horns.

It really shows what good writing can do. But I went off on a cosine there.

Basically, it takes real immersion to make a game, or anything really, emotionally impacting enough to make one feel remorse. And as of yet, I'm still not sick of slaughtering people made up of pixels and artificial intelligence. When it comes down to it, the root of this is because they're not human, or they're not sympathetic characters. Plus, many games don't have the option to not kill enemies or you are not encouraged to, the exceptions being Fallout 1 and 2, Metal Gear Solid, and Deus Ex.

So, I'll keep killing zombies by the thousand, thank you very much! And the same goes for monsters, large fearsome animals, and violently hostile humans.
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Tue 20 Oct 2009 - 20:22

I would hope that most reasonable people would be able to distinguish fantasy from real life, so that by playing Call of Duty and killing someone in the game in no way relates to the act of killing someone in the real world.

As a lifelong gamer, I've probably killed entire population centers worth of various baddies and I certainly don't sit in a chair petting a gun calling it "my precious." Vidya games!! - Page 11 684325

For the topic of desensitization to violence by video games and movies, perhaps there's some truth in that. Then again, look at the news and some of the pictures the Associated Press puts up. The mass news media would be just as culpable then as any Hollywood blockbuster in portraying death and destruction.

That said, there are some unstable people that have (and continue to) take cues from any sort of entertainment as something that they're justified in doing "because they saw it on TV."

But we call those people idiots. Vidya games!! - Page 11 Icon_razz
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Tue 20 Oct 2009 - 21:46

As a lifelong gamer, I've probably killed entire population centers
worth of various baddies and I certainly don't sit in a chair petting a
gun calling it "my precious."

I do.

But I also know the difference between reality and fantasy. I'd put money on the fact that more than half of the 16-22 crowd that loves violent games could probably not sit through an hour slide-show of real-life knife and gunfire fatality picts without whorking their guts out.
Most people can't comprehend the impact of a justified shoot, as in self-defense, until it has happened to them. Many people who defend their lives need real counseling for some time after, which is why cops are always put on leave for at least a week after an officer involved shooting. There is real emotional consequences from an average person taking the life of another.

The really scary people are the ones that do it for fun, see the results, and then continue on. Gangstas fall into that category. There's something wrong with a person that shoots at live-people for sport or on a whim.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next