Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gunslinger girl the japanese video games for ps2

4 posters

Go down

gunslinger girl the japanese video games for ps2 Empty gunslinger girl the japanese video games for ps2

Post by austinhowell Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 15:10

i have a ps3 so i can play any region coded ps3 game from anywhere but cannot play previous playstation(ps2/ps1) games from anywhere but north america , i really want to get the japanese rail shooters but the will not work in my ps3 as is . i heard someone talking about a modifier chip that would allow me to play those games . does anyone know where i can get one and where i could have it installed?
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Forum Posts : 259

Fan of : SOCCER,DISTURBED,METEOR SHOWERS, CALL OF DUTY, AND TRIELA'S MESMERISING EYES AND PRETTY HAIR

Original Characters : TRIELA , WHAT COULD BE BETTER

Comments : CURRENTLY READING VOLUME 7, I HOPE THEY MAKE A THIRD SEASON, METEOR SHOWERS ARE MY FAVORITE THING NEXT TO GSG, SOCCER, COD, DISTURBED, AND RIDING HORSES

Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

gunslinger girl the japanese video games for ps2 Empty Re: gunslinger girl the japanese video games for ps2

Post by maverick375 Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 15:34

I only know about the PS2 mod chips, as I installed one in my own box.

I looked around and all I found was the Infectus modchip for the PS3. Looks like the main point is to revert back to the 1.5 firmware, which is PS2 compatible, but I can't tell if it is region free.

Best bet, buy a used PS2 and get a ModBo chip, that way you don't screw up your costly PS3 with something that might not work or be well supported.
Be ready for a lot of fun with a soldering iron. It took me three attempts, a circuit board holder, and a large magnifier to get it right on mine. I even had a surface mount resistor come up on the iron tip, which I had to have my friend fix for me.

Really, the only things I gained with the ModBo were region free DVD and game play, though there are other features I never use.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

gunslinger girl the japanese video games for ps2 Empty Re: gunslinger girl the japanese video games for ps2

Post by maverick375 Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 15:36

Ah!! Just noticed you're also from Ohio. WELCOME!! (in case I missed it)
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 15:48

thanks
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Fan of : SOCCER,DISTURBED,METEOR SHOWERS, CALL OF DUTY, AND TRIELA'S MESMERISING EYES AND PRETTY HAIR

Comments : CURRENTLY READING VOLUME 7, I HOPE THEY MAKE A THIRD SEASON, METEOR SHOWERS ARE MY FAVORITE THING NEXT TO GSG, SOCCER, COD, DISTURBED, AND RIDING HORSES

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 21:32

Triela has the GsG PS2 games, and has played it. She can tell you about the game play.

You can buy a modded PS2 of an Japanese PS2 for real cheap...
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 22:08

thanx could you find me a link
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 3:12

The ModBo was decent; but Mem Card booting is where it's at.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 16:22

yeah
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down