Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 'Ask a Question' Thread

+44
Entropy
taerKitty
imksoon
Nagneto
ChaosKin640
MadHatChemist
tremec6speed
Officer_Charon
theprodigalson
Totoum
Plaxy
maverick375
Sintendo
Jacen Starslayer
zanet
Sakura
Professor Voodoo
Five_X
Alfisti
MikhailN
Volcrim
hydra282
rusty-spring
Robert Frazer
akaciparaci
Cherubino
Secchan
SnowDream
Thanatos
Triela-Chan
West Nile
Awinnell
emperor
Whatface
Tommygunner70
Danjo3
ElfenMagix
boomer_gonz
LoC978
Ggultra2764
Kiskaloo
TTIO
tsundere9kagami2
Nachtsider
48 posters

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

The 'Ask a Question' Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The 'Ask a Question' Thread

Post by TTIO Fri 20 Mar 2009 - 13:05

I'd say I prefer the first, tbh. Purely because that's what I'm used to, but the third one didn't seem too bad until I looked through it carefully and picked out all of the tenses individually. So yeah, avoid the third, and between the first two it's primarily a matter of personal opinion, I would say.

TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Forum Posts : 1111

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2009 - 13:08

TTIO wrote:I'd say I prefer the first, tbh. Purely because that's what I'm used to, but the third one didn't seem too bad until I looked through it carefully and picked out all of the tenses individually. So yeah, avoid the third, and between the first two it's primarily a matter of personal opinion, I would say.

I'm not surprised. You are part of the 98% majority that voted for the first. Less than 1% voted for the 2nd, and .5% voted for the third being ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Mar 2009 - 14:43

Well... my problem is that I've been trying to make a layer (made from a modified image) in Gimp 2.6 semi transparent so I can superpose it with the original so the result is somewhere inbetween the two, but I don't know how to Puzzled . I suppose it'll have something to do with alpha channel and combining layers, but I'm a bit of a newbie here. completely green. So, does anyone know how to do this?

By the way, Colonel, I feel quite comfortable with the third option. Maybe it has something to do with Spanish, I think it's quite common to mix tenses (past and present, and sometimes future) when writing about things that happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherubino Tue 24 Mar 2009 - 15:22

Here's a question.
Are you for or against the plan B or morning after pill being legal and marketable to not just women 18 and over but also to 17 year olds?

Cherubino

Forum Posts : 457

Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Tue 24 Mar 2009 - 15:57

It's a moot point in Britain as the age of consent here is 16, but if I was in Cherubino's situation then I'd be against lowering the age. This is because I don't approve of the killing of life in the womb; it's also because the problem of teenage pregnancy by definition won't be eliminated by promoting further promiscuity. You may say that seventeen year-olds are going to be having sex anyway, and making the morning-after pill available allows the fallout to at least be controlled, but conversely it removes one more inhibition from sex at an age when people are more susceptible to intense social pressures, the thing which creates the teenage pregnancy problem in the first place.

Last edited by Robert Frazer on Tue 24 Mar 2009 - 16:02; edited 1 time in total

Robert Frazer

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 Tue 24 Mar 2009 - 16:01

Even if you take away the pill we will still find ways to make the pill..This will include many people making pills that dont work and kill you. Home chemists arent always as good as they would like to be The government is of course always thinking of this and taking away the pill will be a tough descision.

tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Forum Posts : 1075

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 24 Mar 2009 - 16:31

Cherubino wrote:Here's a question: Are you for or against the plan B or morning after pill being legal and marketable to not just women 18 and over but also to 17 year olds?

I am in favor of easy access to contraception of all types for all ages.

I am, in general, against abortion so anything that prevents the kid in the first place strikes me as something that should be promoted, not hidden.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatface Wed 25 Mar 2009 - 5:02

Bloedzuiger wrote:Well... my problem is that I've been trying to make a layer (made from a modified image) in Gimp 2.6 semi transparent so I can superpose it with the original so the result is somewhere inbetween the two, but I don't know how to Puzzled . I suppose it'll have something to do with alpha channel and combining layers, but I'm a bit of a newbie here. completely green. So, does anyone know how to do this?
I don't have GIMP but I believe its similar to Photoshop.

All you have to do is move the modified layer above the original layer. Then you just set the alpha/opacity of the modified layer to 50%. To do this all you need to do is select the modified layer from the layer panel and drag the opacity slider around.

Or you could use the Eraser tool and set the opacity of that to around 50% and erase away at the modified layer until the original layer shows through.

This is for Photoshop, but I'm pretty sure GIMP is similar...

Whatface
Macromedia Maestro

Forum Posts : 880

Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Wed 25 Mar 2009 - 5:43

Cherubino wrote:Here's a question.
Are you for or against the plan B or morning after pill being legal and marketable to not just women 18 and over but also to 17 year olds?

I promote this in the same fashion I promote the "abortion pill". Contraception education in its many forms is favorable over the alternative, which I've seen too much of in my backwards family. Unfortunately, fundamentalist thinking has practically eliminated sex-ed in high schools.

The first time my younger brother told me he was going to a house party, I asked him if he had protection. His answer was no. First, I gave him one of my spare butterfly knives, then I took him to the closest Walgreens to give him his first education in contraception. Mind you he was already 16 and had no idea that condoms were something other than really sturdy water balloons.

I have two other brothers younger than him and a younger sister who was just entering high school and that time it scared the living shit out of me.

boomer_gonz

Forum Posts : 2574

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Wed 25 Mar 2009 - 10:01

sex ed starts at about 10 in the UK,mind you we still have one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in the western world !

Key Stage 1 (aged seven)
Children can recognise the effect of their behaviour on other people, and can cooperate with others. They can identify and respect differences and similarities between people, and can explain different ways that family and friends should care for one another (for example telling a friend that they like them, showing concern for a family member who is unwell).
Key Stage 2 (aged 11)
They can discuss some of the bodily and emotional changes at puberty, and can demonstrate some ways of dealing with these in a positive way. They can demonstrate how to look after and save money. Children can make choices about how to develop healthy lifestyles (for example by knowing the importance of a healthy diet and regular exercise). They can identify some factors that affect emotional health and wellbeing (for example exercise or dealing with emotions).
Key Stage 3 (aged 14)
Pupils can recognise some strong emotions and identify ways of managing these emotions positively (for example talking with a friend or teacher about their feelings on divorce or falling in love). They can plan realistic targets for Key Stage 4, and start relating career plans to qualifications and skills (for example in their choice of course options). They can recognise and discuss the importance of relationships to sexual activity.
Key Stage 4 (aged 16)
Pupils can discuss relationships, feelings and emotions, and can analyse ways of managing these in connection with family events (for example the arrival of a new baby or parental separation). They can explain the importance of different relationships and associated responsibilities, including those of marriage, parenthood and family life.
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherubino Wed 25 Mar 2009 - 13:17

Wow. I seem to have struck up some interesting conversation here.

My opinion on the matter is this, I know so many girls in my school who get knocked up. It's not a matter of how intelligent the girl is, it's a matter of her image of herself, so don't even start with that "If she were smart" bull crap.

I am pro-choice so I feel there is nothing wrong with giving women another choice.

And I hate to admit this, but Tsuna Roll is right. Even if you take the choice away from teenagers we will still find a way to use something worse.

Personally, I think it's about time we made the morning after pill legal. I'm glad that now I have a choice if the occasion ever arises.
Cherubino
Cherubino

Female

Fan of : Opera, Gun sports, antique guns, Final Fantasy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Mar 2009 - 14:04

Yay! Thanks Whatface! I'd been struggling with the censored image for a week. And it was so easy too sweat

As for abortion, well, I do believe that the pill shouldn't be necessary,
but that if it happens to be then it should be provided at any age. And besides, anticonceptive methods can fail. They don't do so often, but it can happen.

Cherubino wrote:It's not a matter of how intelligent the girl is, it's a matter of her image of herself

I didn't quite understand that, though. How does her image influence pregnancy? Or, more accurately, how does it affect usage of anticonceptives?

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO Wed 25 Mar 2009 - 14:17

Well, if a girl has less self-esteem, she'll be more likely to have sex as she won't think she can do much better. At least, that's what I think Cheru is saying...
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Fan of : Triela!

Original Characters : Keetha & Alcide

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Wed 25 Mar 2009 - 14:40

...don't see what that has to do with her remembering to use contraceptives or not, though...

As far as I'm concerned, it's all a matter of self-control. If there's no condom to be had, go no further than third base. End of story. Those who don't follow that rule really oughtta work on improving their self-control.
...and yes, it is possible to improve your self-control.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherubino Mon 30 Mar 2009 - 15:50

TTIO wrote:Well, if a girl has less self-esteem, she'll be more likely to have sex as she won't think she can do much better. At least, that's what I think Cheru is saying...
Yes it is to an extent.

..don't see what that has to do with her remembering to use contraceptives or not, though...

As far as I'm concerned, it's all a matter of self-control. If there's no condom to be had, go no further than third base. End of story. Those who don't follow that rule really oughtta work on improving their self-control.

Not so much self control as it is knowledge of what your getting yourself into. You were in High School once. Everyone wants to abuse the unpopular girl. The unpopular girl has unpopular friends that do unpopular stuff. Honestly, in my school they are too dumb to realize it. The unpopular girls are the girls who live under a rock. They don't understand what they're getting themselves into...

And eww! Third base!
Cherubino
Cherubino

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Mon 30 Mar 2009 - 16:06

Cherubino wrote:
..don't see what that has to do with her remembering to use contraceptives or not, though...

Not so much self control as it is knowledge of what your getting yourself into. You were in High School once. Everyone wants to abuse the unpopular girl. The unpopular girl has unpopular friends that do unpopular stuff. Honestly, in my school they are too dumb to realize it. The unpopular girls are the girls who live under a rock. They don't understand what they're getting themselves into...

And eww! Third base!
heh. I was in high school, but I refused to become a part of any social group while I was there. Hated people in general back then, thought they were all idiots. Hadn't realized what an idiot I was yet.
...and I don't know about your schools, but when I was in 'em over here, they shoved the facts of sex-ed and teen pregnancy down our throats so hard, anyone who didn't know the possible consequences of unprotected sex (along with the attached statistical percentages) was a bigger idiot than even I thought back then...

...and if ya skip third and head for the home plate, the game won't last as long as you'd like...
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherubino Mon 30 Mar 2009 - 16:26

LoC978 wrote:
Cherubino wrote:

And eww! Third base!
heh. I was in high school, but I refused to become a part of any social group while I was there. Hated people in general back then, thought they were all idiots. Hadn't realized what an idiot I was yet.
...and I don't know about your schools, but when I was in 'em over here, they shoved the facts of sex-ed and teen pregnancy down our throats so hard, anyone who didn't know the possible consequences of unprotected sex (along with the attached statistical percentages) was a bigger idiot than even I thought back then...

...and if ya skip third and head for the home plate, the game won't last as long as you'd like...
It isn't that people here are dumb. We get the same thing every year. The problem is that not everyone speaks english and not everyone is willing to translate everything for them and that's all I have to say on THAT topic before I get pissed off.
Cherubino
Cherubino

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Mon 30 Mar 2009 - 16:58

...they don't have ESL programs in your schools or somethin'? kind of a waste to send non-english speaking kids to english-only schools...
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 30 Mar 2009 - 19:13

You're flying a fighter plane and an enemy you just shot down is drifting to earth in his parachute. Do you consider him fair game?

Frankly speaking, I would totally go for it if (a) the guy was a real tough cookie - one less skilled pilot on the enemy side, and (b) there was safety/time to do so, i.e. no big fight raging around me still. But I'd like to hear your thoughts.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 30 Mar 2009 - 19:57

I wouldn't consider it cricket, though to be honest, when one thinks about, having "rules" for something as vicious as warfare is pretty stupid...
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 Mon 30 Mar 2009 - 20:03

only do it if you can do it in style.
IOW put your plane into a glide jump out with your pistol have a duel in mid air the land back in your gliding plane. WWI style
tsundere9kagami2
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Mon 30 Mar 2009 - 20:19

I'd have to make another pass, but... if time was on my side, and the war didn't look like it was gonna be over anytime soon, I'd pick 'im off.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Tue 31 Mar 2009 - 6:24

you have to remember,what if next time i'm the one floating earthward ? as a result most pilots refrain from such acts and view it as despicable,though i doubt they think it unfair to attack him once he is on the ground and has a chance !
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 31 Mar 2009 - 6:58

I don't know about that. If I bailed out, I'd drift to earth FULLY EXPECTING someone to come and dust me, whether I was a parachute killer or not. I'd be more surprised if I was spared. If I wanted to avoid what I consider the inevitable, I'd bale out as low as possible, or try to force land/ditch instead. Difficult in practice, I know, but yeah.

Not sure what this says about my mindset.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Tue 31 Mar 2009 - 9:50

Nachtsider wrote:I don't know about that. If I bailed out, I'd drift to earth FULLY EXPECTING someone to come and dust me, whether I was a parachute killer or not. I'd be more surprised if I was spared. If I wanted to avoid what I consider the inevitable, I'd bale out as low as possible, or try to force land/ditch instead. Difficult in practice, I know, but yeah.

Not sure what this says about my mindset.

I got the same Idea.

I consider a ejected pilot dangling from a parachute to be fair game.
and yeah, I'd try to ditch my plane as low as possible. But even if I make it to the ground, there is nothing that stops a fighter craft from doing a strafing run on me.

but I'd likely do the same to an enemy pilot if I see him running across the battle field.

Though a bit blood firsty, my mind set is that you need to try and cut the enemies supplies. this includes hardware, ammo and the people that use the said supplies.
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1956

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 31 Mar 2009 - 13:29

Nachtsider wrote:Not sure what this says about my mindset.
realism. wars tend not to be fought by gentlemen. now more than ever.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherubino Tue 31 Mar 2009 - 18:27

LoC978 wrote:...they don't have ESL programs in your schools or somethin'? kind of a waste to send non-english speaking kids to english-only schools...
We do. But sex ed is not taught in esl class. It's taught by gym teachers and health teachers. ESL is a class here in hopes to make non-english speaking children learn and speak english. We don't have any classes in any other language expect for our foreign language credit classes.

And to answer Nachts question, I think I would spare him. I would want people to spare me... I believe in Karma.
Cherubino
Cherubino

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 Tue 31 Mar 2009 - 18:30

The live and let live mindset of WWI eh
tsundere9kagami2
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherubino Tue 31 Mar 2009 - 19:48

tsundere9kagami2 wrote:The live and let live mindset of WWI eh
No not really. I just don't want to be killed so why would I kill another? I'd sooner go to prison or whatever else if I had been drafted. I don't care what bad would come of abandoning post, it's nothing compared to the guilt of killing.
Cherubino
Cherubino

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 31 Mar 2009 - 22:48

...unless it's the guilt of the people you failed to kill going on past your post to kill a bunch of civilians... but that's neither here nor there, since you're not in the military.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Wed 1 Apr 2009 - 13:02

Nachtsider wrote:You're flying a fighter plane and an enemy you just shot down is drifting to earth in his parachute. Do you consider him fair game?

When thinking of open combat; the only thing I can say is that Darwinism takes precedence. I'd be the kind of pilot that would 'lose his wings' be breaking with certain 'combat conduct' accords. Forget the engines, aim for the cockpit; and so on.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO Thu 2 Apr 2009 - 11:29

Why is it that most things nowadays seem to be made/broadcast in 16:9? What, for lack of better phrasing, makes widescreen any better than 4:3?
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 2 Apr 2009 - 11:55

TTIO wrote:Why is it that most things nowadays seem to be made/broadcast in 16:9? What, for lack of better phrasing, makes widescreen any better than 4:3?

16:9 is the default image format for digital and high definition television broadcasts (at least within the United States). It is also relatively close to the "Academy Flat" aspect ratio many films were (and are) shot in.

With the US going to pure digital television transmission this year (it was supposed to have happened last month, but has been delayed until this Summer) and the adoption of HDTV by consumers, the networks and cable channels are moving to 16:9 film and broadcast.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO Fri 3 Apr 2009 - 12:10

Kiskaloo wrote:16:9 is the default image format for digital and high definition television broadcasts

I meant "Why?" to that bit Razz
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 3 Apr 2009 - 13:07

TTIO wrote:
Kiskaloo wrote:16:9 is the default image format for digital and high definition television broadcasts

I meant "Why?" to that bit Razz

16:9 is a 1.78:1 aspect ratio. It was chosen as an international standard because it's a compromise between the 35 mm US and UK widescreen standard (1.85:1) and the 35 mm European widescreen standard (1.66:1). This way one standard can be used around the world (reducing production and broadcast costs) while allowing movies from around the world to look as close to theatrical presentation as possible on HDTVs (whether it be terrestrial/satellite broadcast or DVD/Blu-Ray).
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 3:22

Why are 'rainbow parties' dismissed as a myth? Kinkier, weirder shit has been conclusively proven to be in practice, so why not rainbow parties?
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 4:55

Kiskaloo wrote:16:9 is a 1.78:1 aspect ratio. It was chosen as an international standard because it's a compromise between the 35 mm US and UK widescreen standard (1.85:1) and the 35 mm European widescreen standard (1.66:1). This way one standard can be used around the world (reducing production and broadcast costs) while allowing movies from around the world to look as close to theatrical presentation as possible on HDTVs (whether it be terrestrial/satellite broadcast or DVD/Blu-Ray).

Ah, ok. Makes sense, I think...
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 5:32

Nachtsider wrote:Why are 'rainbow parties' dismissed as a myth? Kinkier, weirder shit has been conclusively proven to be in practice, so why not rainbow parties?
Because there is no evidence that such thing is common, and that it was originally made up.

Just like back in the 70's when people were imagining Satanic connections to everything. The rock band KISS, those initials supposedly stood for Kids In Satan's Service (or some other nonsensical variation thereof), and it all turned out to simply be some wannabe attention seeking Christian kid that made it up. Once the ball gets rolling, its hard to stop (Salem witch burnings, anyone?). All the parents want to believe it's true because it inflames their righteous indignation.

All the young boys want to believe it's true because... well heck if you can't see the answer to that.... So they make up false stories to support it. What boy doesn't want to claim to be the winner at a Rainbow Party?

I am not saying it has never happened, but as a common thing? Highly unlikely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 7:32

Pfft. The Satanic panic. Tell me about it. *facepalms*

As far as I'm concerned, you aren't really a winner if all you got was a blowjob. Razz
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 15:05

Nachtsider wrote:As far as I'm concerned, you aren't really a winner if all you got was a blowjob. Razz
there are blowjobs and there are blowjobs... some women give better head than sex.
(in the voice of George Carlin): and god bless them, too.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 15:11

As comedian Lewis Black said, blowjobs should be an Olympic Sport because it's just as hard as ice skating and if you are any good at it, you certainly deserve a medal.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 15:34

High Five
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 15:39

Silverback wrote:
Nachtsider wrote:Why are 'rainbow parties' dismissed as a myth? Kinkier, weirder shit has been conclusively proven to be in practice, so why not rainbow parties?
Because there is no evidence that such thing is common, and that it was originally made up.

Just like back in the 70's when people were imagining Satanic connections to everything. The rock band KISS, those initials supposedly stood for Kids In Satan's Service (or some other nonsensical variation thereof), and it all turned out to simply be some wannabe attention seeking Christian kid that made it up. Once the ball gets rolling, its hard to stop (Salem witch burnings, anyone?). All the parents want to believe it's true because it inflames their righteous indignation.

All the young boys want to believe it's true because... well heck if you can't see the answer to that.... So they make up false stories to support it. What boy doesn't want to claim to be the winner at a Rainbow Party?

i dont think anyone was burned in salem only hung and one guy got stoned/crushed
tsundere9kagami2
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 15:46

'tis true. the deathtoll was 20:
Douglas Linder, via www.law.umkc.edu wrote: From June through September of 1692, nineteen men and women, all having been convicted of witchcraft, were carted to Gallows Hill, a barren slope near Salem Village, for hanging. Another man of over eighty years was pressed to death under heavy stones for refusing to submit to a trial on witchcraft charges. Hundreds of others faced accusations of witchcraft. Dozens languished in jail for months without trials.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherubino Sun 5 Apr 2009 - 22:47

You know, I may not be speaking for all women here but defiantly most, women hate giving a BJ.
Cherubino
Cherubino

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 6 Apr 2009 - 0:06

Well, 'most' is right - haven't had any lack of relish over at this end. Razz

I wonder why most women don't like it, though.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Mon 6 Apr 2009 - 1:02

most women also balk at the notion of sex outside of an established (aka possibly leading to marriage) relationship. Usually the same group, at least in my experience.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 9 Apr 2009 - 2:23

tsundere9kagami2 wrote:
Silverback wrote:

i dont think anyone was burned in salem only hung and one guy got stoned/crushed

Ahh, thank you for correcting me, Tsundere9kagami2. I should have said
"Salem witch trials which lead to brutal execution for many innocent
people".

And I do agree with the current conversation on BlowJobs. My
girlfriend was excellent at it... until a couple years after we got
married. Hissy fit

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Thu 9 Apr 2009 - 5:00

Speaking of BJ's; I've noticed the sword cuts with both edges on this subject. Just as most women haet giving head, I've noticed most men balk(or even become disgusted) at the notion of 'going down' on a woman.

Personally I LOVE going down on a woman. I don't know exactly why. The smell, the taste, the sheer act of it all, or maybe a combination of all three. I don't really know.

From a woman's perspective, Sera had this to say:

"Going down for me is more a psychological thing than emotional or even aesthetic. To me; it's like an alcoholic and booze, it's more for the effect than the taste. Just knowing that I can make him feel that way gives me a great sense of power. It's like I have control over him and his ego is being batted around by what I'm doing. He wants to take back control, but he wouldn't dare stop what I'm doing. Like playing a game of cat and mouse where the roles are really blurred as to who is really who. When I bring him to his absolute climax, it's like bringing down a mountain and having the satisfaction of knowing that you and you alone have brought this man to submission."
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 9 Apr 2009 - 5:25

Same here. It's lovely. Those idiots don't know what they're missing.

Speaking as a top, I'd like to say that there actually are ways a guy can maintaining control and dominance when receiving head. They're called 'using your hands' and 'Position 69'. AWESOME
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 9 Apr 2009 - 11:09

-_-;

Sex...right...

BJ...right...

...never had any of those Laughing
and that I'm still in an on-going 3 years steady relationship :p

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 Thu 9 Apr 2009 - 11:12

I decided to test out Firefox. While I like what I'm going through so far, there's one thing I'm wondering about. Is there an option to change the location of where you want downloaded files to be saved? Internet Explorer gave you the option to determine the directory location of where you want to download a file. Seems whenever I choose to download a file that Firefox saves it automatically to a certain location on the computer without giving you any options to change where you want to download a file.
Ggultra2764
Ggultra2764

Male

Forum Posts : 590

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 9 Apr 2009 - 11:15

I decided to test out Firefox. While I like what I'm going through so
far, there's one thing I'm wondering about. Is there an option to
change the location of where you want downloaded files to be saved?
Internet Explorer gave you the option to determine the directory
location of where you want to download a file. Seems whenever I choose
to download a file that Firefox saves it automatically to a certain
location on the computer without giving you any options to change where
you want to download a file.

Yes there is my friend! Go to tools, options, and main. At the bottom there you could change where you want to save.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 Thu 9 Apr 2009 - 11:18

Thanks for the help. Very Happy

Another thing: Should I still keep Internet Explorer as a backup option for a browser? Reason I ask is because I hear there are some features that IE has that Firefox is lacking.
Ggultra2764
Ggultra2764

Male

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO Thu 9 Apr 2009 - 12:48

As a general rule, if you can do it in IE, you can do it in Opera, FF, or Chrome. Certainly in Opera and FF, you can actually make a website think that you're using IE, so there aren't any problems browser-rejection wise...

So I would say no, use Chrome or Opera as a backup.
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 9 Apr 2009 - 13:25

Safari. Good
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 Thu 9 Apr 2009 - 13:33

TTIO wrote:As a general rule, if you can do it in IE, you can do it in Opera, FF, or Chrome. Certainly in Opera and FF, you can actually make a website think that you're using IE, so there aren't any problems browser-rejection wise...

So I would say no, use Chrome or Opera as a backup.

Sad thing though is that Vista won't let me uninstall IE7. Razz

Last edited by Ggultra2764 on Thu 9 Apr 2009 - 13:39; edited 1 time in total
Ggultra2764
Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Thu 9 Apr 2009 - 13:36

IE has unfortunately been an integrated part of the Windows OS since '98. no need to uninstall it, just delete/move the shortcuts to it and ignore the damned thing. It's not like even a few hundred megs is a notable amount of disk space anymore.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 Thu 9 Apr 2009 - 13:43

LoC978 wrote:IE has unfortunately been an integrated part of the Windows OS since '98. no need to uninstall it, just delete/move the shortcuts to it and ignore the damned thing. It's not like even a few hundred megs is a notable amount of disk space anymore.

No kidding. My new laptop has 218 GB (over 8 times the hard drive space on my old one). cheers
Ggultra2764
Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next