Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gun nut thread

+24
Alfisti
BleepinFireman
John_234
Darkstar117
Awinnell
maverick375
tsundere9kagami2
Danjo3
Kiskaloo
Nuke is Good
West Nile
Utsurokuri
Sakura
boomer_gonz
Sintendo
Tommygunner70
Piero
Thanatos
Wileama
emperor
ElfenMagix
Nachtsider
rusty-spring
LoC978
28 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

gun nut thread Empty gun nut thread

Post by LoC978 Sun 23 Sep 2007 - 17:22

so, I went and ordered a bunch of stuff for my CZ... and some of it arrived while I was on vacation. the holster I bought was a mild disappointment (I thought it was a small-of-the-back holster, but it's just a generic right-handed belt holster)... but the manufacturer has a somewhat familiar name:
gun nut thread IMAGE_00650
other side of it:
https://2img.net/h/i112.photobucket.com/albums/n182/loc978/Photos/IMAGE_00649.jpg

Last edited by on Sun 23 Sep 2007 - 18:56; edited 2 times in total
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

gun nut thread Empty Re: gun nut thread

Post by rusty-spring Sun 23 Sep 2007 - 18:33

I've heard from people who regularly carry concealed that small-of-the-back holsters aren't ideal.

The reason being that you've got a chunk of metal that is up against your spine and if you were to fall in a certain way you've got your gun hit up against your spine. Also was mentioned that while drawing, the path of the muzzle isn't exactly in the safest direction at all times.

Then again, I can't conceal carry as of yet (21 years where I live.) So I can't say that any of this is from my own experience, nor can I vouch that the people I've spoken to aren't full of BS. Laughing

HOWEVER, it looks good regardless Smile
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Sun 23 Sep 2007 - 19:02

I've heard from people who regularly carry concealed that small-of-the-back holsters aren't ideal.

The reason being that you've got a chunk of metal that is up against your spine and if you were to fall in a certain way you've got your gun hit up against your spine.
huh. I'll keep that in mind. I've yet to wear one (I still intend to get one though).
Also was mentioned that while drawing, the path of the muzzle isn't exactly in the safest direction at all times.
if you draw it extremely fast, I imagine not... but it is possible to avoid pointing a pistol at yourself when drawing from the back of your pants (just takes a couple twists of the wrist), so I imagine it's possible from a lower back holster.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Sun 23 Sep 2007 - 19:08

LoC978 wrote:(I still intend to get one though).

I think small-of-the-back holsters are nice as well. At least more unique than your run-of-the-mill hip-draw ones.

I mean...Castor Troy used em right? Razz
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Sun 23 Sep 2007 - 19:18

I think small-of-the-back holsters are nice as well. At least more unique than your run-of-the-mill hip-draw ones.
easier to conceal under an overshirt as well... since the gun is set lengthwise along your back, rather than having the barrel pointing downward at your hip.

I mean...Castor Troy used em right? Razz
eh?
*looks it up*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castor_Troy
I see. Sort of. never saw it.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Sun 23 Sep 2007 - 19:24

When I think of small-of-the-back holster I think this:
http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/galco_sob_inuse.jpg

However, Castor Troy uses these:
http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/projects/gold_sv/images/face_off/1911_8.jpg
To be serioius, if anyone would think that dual wielding handguns is "a good self-defense technique" they''re probably rather daft.

I think this picture is an example of "gun breaking your spine" I was told of:
http://www.corneredcat.com/Images111/smallofback.jpg
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Sun 23 Sep 2007 - 19:28

When I think of small-of-the-back holster I think this:

that's pretty close to how I want my holster to work. sits a little low, though.
I think this picture is an example of "gun breaking your spine" I was told of:

that looks... uncomfortable... and not terribly smart... and... HUGE BOOTY!!

To be serioius, if anyone would think that dual wielding handguns is "a good self-defense technique" they''re probably rather daft.
agreed, though it is physically possible to dual wield hanguns... to be effective in a gunfight like that would require more training than mastering any martial art I can think of, though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equilibrium_%28film%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_Kata
- I like that version of it.

Last edited by on Sun 23 Sep 2007 - 19:36; edited 1 time in total
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Sun 23 Sep 2007 - 19:33

LoC978 wrote:and... HUGE BOOTY!!

I wasn't gonna say it first but...that would be a good observation. :lol:

EDIT: And I forgot to mention in my first reply, but kudos for a CZ among the masses of glocks, sigs, and 1911s.

Oh and one more thing I remember now about s.o.b. (heh) holsters is that one might come into the occurence where your gun isn't very "concealed" as in your shirt or coat flips up, and then you're showing everyone, but of course you won't know yourself cause it's on your back, lol.

Still, sometimes style wins over practicality. Heck, why do I insist that everything I own is guilded in chrome?

That's right.

Style.
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Mon 24 Sep 2007 - 0:32

kudos for a CZ among the masses of glocks, sigs, and 1911s.
thanks... though my next auto handgun (after I get a CZ-75 9mm, anyway.. yes, I want to compare the 2...) is gonna be a Glock 21. I think I'll be getting a Taurus Raging Bull .44 before either of those, though.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Mon 24 Sep 2007 - 1:01

I've had the opportunity to fire a few types of handguns and for me, the Glock just doesn't feel right. *shrugs* I think the majority of the blame lies with the grip. Every time I picked one up it just felt slightly off. It's something I think I could get used to I suppose if I had no choice, but it didn't have that "This gun feels right" vibe.

I've found the most comfortable gun I've ever held to be the HK USP (Yeah, kinda boring too Razz). But it's true when they say each person has that certain gun that just "clicks" with them.

Though I will admit, I'd make myself get used to a Glock if it was the automatic 18C version :pirat: - if it was legal for a civie to own one...
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Mon 24 Sep 2007 - 6:14

I just like the fact that it'll never fail on me:

http://www.theprepared.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90&Item

there are two perfect home defense guns, in my opinion. The Glock 21 (over the 17 due to stopping power), and the AK-47 (for obvious reasons).
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 28 Sep 2007 - 12:49

rusty-spring wrote:I've found the most comfortable gun I've ever held to be the HK USP (Yeah, kinda boring too Razz). But it's true when they say each person has that certain gun that just "clicks" with them.

Though I will admit, I'd make myself get used to a Glock if it was the automatic 18C version :pirat: - if it was legal for a civie to own one...

I'd take the regular Glock 18 over the 'C' variant any day - the latter type emits big flashes and lots of smoke from those compensator slits on the slide.

The USP is, indeed, a great gun - durable, reliable, and possessing lots of good stopping power in a compact package. Beats the Colt M1911 any day, if you ask me.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Fri 28 Sep 2007 - 21:38

Nachtsider wrote:I'd take the regular Glock 18 over the 'C' variant any day - the latter type emits big flashes and lots of smoke from those compensator slits on the slide.

Well, I've fired a Glock 17C and I found the flash from the ported barrel to appear above the sights. I had no problem seeing the target I was aiming at while firing. However, I suppose I could see where shooting in a darkly-lit area would be problematic (but ANY muzzle blast would make shooting in the dark difficult.)

And when it comes to the Glock 18, the only reason to get it is for the automatic fire (otherwise it's exactly the same as the 17, sans the insides that make it fire full auto.) I would think the ported barrel would help reduce muzzel lift on that 1100 rounds per minute firing rate.

But, I've never fired an 18 so, my thoughts on the benefits of the C version is not fact.
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 28 Sep 2007 - 21:43

my two cents:

bah. why bother? if you really want a pistol-sized fully automatic weapon, just go with a micro-Uzi, Mac-11, UMP, etc. unless you just want it for the 'exotic' factor.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Fri 28 Sep 2007 - 21:56

LoC978 wrote:unless you just want it for the 'exotic' factor.

EXACTLY!

It's same reason why I like the Beretta 93R. Like I said, I'm big on exotic/style, even at the cost of some practicality. Razz

Glocks and USPs are pretty plain in design. The Glock I feel as the most ugly. Just rectangles, where the USP at least has some angles on it.

On the flipside, I think the Beretta is one of the more attractive gun designs (in it's stainless steel version.) But it's a big handgun for being a 9mm.

In fact that makes me curious. What's everyone best looking gun and what's everyone's "blech" gun? It's fun to see what people's tastes are.
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Fri 28 Sep 2007 - 22:10

I used to have an American Arms .45 Model #81.
American Arms went out of business a long time ago and it is rumoured that S&W bought them out when they went under. Last .45 model they had was the Model #84 (saw one at a gun deal in Long Island NY).

My friend has the S&W .45; and it got terribly jammed. The casing deformed badly and the gun would not openned. I took the S&W .45 and remembered something about the AA .45 . I eventually got the slider off the S&W .45 , and practically poured the casing out from the firing chamber. Basically it was a cheap reload rounds he uses for target.

Anyways- the AA .45, to me, had a certain angle to it that fit my hands (both left and right) perfect. As soon as I can gather some money (NYC is expensive for gun owners!) I'll see about getting that Model #84. When I saw it last year- the store owner told me that the gun has been there for over 6 years. No one wants to buy it because the company is DOA and parts might be hard to get.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 28 Sep 2007 - 22:14

as far as style goes:
fugly
cute
Hard-fucking-core.
classy
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Fri 28 Sep 2007 - 22:16

ElfenMagix wrote:No one wants to buy it because the company is DOA and parts might be hard to get.

That type of thing would probably scare away your normal buyer, but I think saying that would actually appeal to the collector side of someone. Since the business went under, it would be a unique gun, and if you ABSOLUTELY needed a part, you could probably find a gunsmith to mill it for you, given you have the specifications for the part you need (though like I said, ABSOLUTELY need it.)

EDIT: Ah yes, the Liberator...Laughing Also speaking of "cute" guns. I really hate the idea of guys buying guns for a woman and always making it some small snubby .380 revolver. Yes, it's cute, but a 1" barrel snub nose in a less than optimal caliber? Does it need to fit in her thong for crying out loud?

There are plenty of single stack, compact .45s that would give far better power, and still fit within a purse (ok, not a super tiny purse) or conceal carry holster.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd want my girl/wife/daughter to carry a gun that has stopping power, not just "look cute."
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 28 Sep 2007 - 22:49

There are plenty of single stack, compact .45s that would give far better power, and still fit within a purse
the problem that I've seen with .45s and women who need to be urged to use 'em is... noise and recoil. Not to sound sexist here, but... most women who can handle the psychological shock and recoil a .45 delivers are gonna own one with or without your urging.
If the woman you're buying a gun for isn't the type to own a gun on her own, she's better off with a compact (not sub-compact, mind you... just not full sized) 9mm that holds a shitload of rounds. She's more likely to practice with it, get used to it, and graduate to a weapon with more stopping power on her own. The 9mm may not take down a target with the first shot, but if she shoots her assailant 15 times...
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Fri 28 Sep 2007 - 22:52

Well, when I had money, the guns I would get were odd ones. Something about being unique.

So going in that direction: North American Arms- NAA .32 (I call it the .32/.38)
http://www.naaminis.com/32NAA.html

Using a .38 case necked down onto a .32 shell willgive that shell morepower behind it. But are those numbers to be believed?
http://www.naaminis.com/32NAA.html wrote:To
summarize, the load delivers in excess of 1222 f.p.s. velocity to a 60
grain proprietary bullet from Hornady. This generates 199 ft. lbs of
energy, specifically from the 2.5" Guardian barrel (1453 f.p.s. &
287 ft. lbs from a 4" test barrel).
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Fri 28 Sep 2007 - 23:06

So,you can hide it at your ankle. Very Happy
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Sat 29 Sep 2007 - 1:07

LoC978 wrote:but... most women who can handle the psychological shock and recoil a .45 delivers are gonna own one with or without your urging.

That's a very good point. I suppose I was thinking about women I know (I grew up in the country, guns are part of keeping coyotes and other varmin away) would probably already own a gun or know how to use one.

There are some TINY subcompact 9mm's out there, but again, like you said, a compact is best seeing as how some subcompacts have pretty bad recoil on them.

EDIT: If the world was perfect, I'd use .40 caliber. But seeing how it isn't and 9mm is found in any country that knows what a gun is, push comes to shove I'd probably want a 9mm. Of course .45 is also quite popular and widespread, but the difference comes in at cost. 9mm is just cheaper to shoot (higher capacity too, ignoring the "if you're a good shot you won't need more rounds" argument...that's another can of worms altogether).

I guess I'm more practical than I say sometimes.
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Tue 1 Jan 2008 - 13:44

I really don't like raising topics from the dead, but I dislike even more posting a new topic when I could just as well use an already established one.

There, with my conscience clear I saw a picture of this the other day.

SIG-556

gun nut thread Sg556_1

The American made civilian (semi-auto only) version of the SIG-550.

It's been modified so it can use standard M16/M4 magazines. Personally all that technical jumbo takes second seat to just the way this gun looks. Appearance similar to an ArmaLite (*cough*made in the USA*cough*) and has some quasi-futuristic aggressive styling.

It's not really THAT new of a gun, but I hadn't seen one 'till recently. I had thought that if I were ever to buy a civi 5.56 it'd be an AR, but now...Razz
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Tue 1 Jan 2008 - 14:07

That is one nice looking gun isn't it?
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 1 Jan 2008 - 14:12

Rusty wrote:I really don't like raising topics from the dead,
oh, don't worry... I was planning on doing so every time I buy a gun. Not sure when my next will be, though...
Rusty wrote:SIG-556
hmmm... not bad. Looks to be a decent AR-15 variant... I'd just buy an M4A3, if I wanted one of those, but most people don't have that option.
Personally, though, my choice for a 5.56mm rifle is on of these babies:
gun nut thread Steyrdisa
most comfortable assault rifle in the world. Also, quite expensive.

It's always either the Austrians or the Belgians, for my rifles...
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Tue 1 Jan 2008 - 18:10

The AUG is ok, but I never did like the flimsy look it had. Luckily the A3 fixes that a little.

gun nut thread Aug_3

Cheers for a nice bulky RIS. Razz
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Tue 1 Jan 2008 - 19:25

Yeah. Sadly I end up judging a lot of guns by looks. That is a real improvement.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 1 Jan 2008 - 20:19

Don't let the AUG's fragile-looking initial design fool ya - it can remain servicable after ten roll-overs from a Land Rover, ten from a one-ton, ten from a three-ton and three from a six-ton. The new AUG looks lovely, nonetheless - it sorta resembles the SAR-21.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Tue 1 Jan 2008 - 22:40

Wileama wrote:Yeah. Sadly I end up judging a lot of guns by looks.

I don't know anyone who doesn't at least a little. Wink

I mean, who wants to be using THIS? Anyone remember the old Sten gun from WWII? (Blah blah blah, simplicity, cost, etc. arguments aside...Razz )

gun nut thread Sten_mk3_thumb
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 1 Jan 2008 - 23:00

The Mark V Sten has a proper butt, pistol grip, sights and all. I've handled one before, and it's not bad - better than the Erma MP40, in fact.

Although I'd still want a Beretta M1938A where it comes to Second World War sub-machineguns. That gun is made of win.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Wed 2 Jan 2008 - 0:10

Nachtsider wrote:The Mark V Sten has a proper butt, pistol grip, sights and all.

Heh. Razz I deliberately ommited the later Sten models in favor of showing the Mark III cause it's horrendous looking. Laughing

Ah well, best laid plans...

In defense of ugly guns...

gun nut thread Calico_m950_submachinegun

The Calico submachine gun is one ugly customer. Then again it can fit a 100 round magazine...and that helps overcome its styling somewhat. Actually the more I look at it, the more I like it. :suspect:
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 2 Jan 2008 - 0:26

I think the Calico M960 looks delightful in an unusual way. And yeah - that big-capacity magazine is definitely a plus in a fight.

I loves me some big-capacity magazines.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Thu 3 Jan 2008 - 0:57

This has always been a favorite gun of mine.

gun nut thread 1873-lever-action-rifle

No, not particularly flashy/beefy/macho looking, but it's got character.

EDIT: Oops...sorry. Yes it is a Winchester.

Last edited by on Thu 3 Jan 2008 - 1:11; edited 1 time in total
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 3 Jan 2008 - 1:02

Martini-Henry? Sharps? Marlin?
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Thu 3 Jan 2008 - 1:05

Winchester.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2008 - 9:14

gun nut thread 261808

This baby is one of my favourite weapons. Rk95 its a bit heavier than the Rk62 that I have handled, but it has tons of other great sides to it. Ill just post you a link http://world.guns.ru/assault/as43-e.htm

The reason why I like Rk assault rifles is quite simple, they are accurate enough to 300 meters (more than enough in most of European terrain), They are even more reliable than AK and I like the balance and how the weapon handles itself when shot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2008 - 10:25

More reliable then an AK you say. That's pretty damn reliable. When you said accurate at 300 meters you meant single rounds, right? That's 'bout the same as an AK too.

The Rk95 looks somewhat similar to the Polish "Beryl".
gun nut thread 72289295yn0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kbs_wz._1996_Beryl

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 11 Jan 2008 - 10:35

ah, so we're branching off into bigger bullets, then... I've always preferred the 7.62x51mm... the Russian 39 just doesn't carry far enough for me.
for a 7.62, well, I've always liked the M14, and I like bullpup assault rifles like the Steyr AUG... so I really wanna try out this combination of those two ideas:
gun nut thread Tci_m89

but if you want some REALLY big bullets:
gun nut thread Steyr_amr_1
gun nut thread Ntw20_1
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2008 - 10:42

That last one is the 30/20mm used by some countries in Africa right? I'd like to see one of those fired in RL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Fri 11 Jan 2008 - 11:42

LoC978 wrote:but if you want some REALLY big bullets:
:affraid: Those are big bullets/darts/hole makers....
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Fri 11 Jan 2008 - 13:42

LoC978 wrote:
but if you want some REALLY big bullets:

Pfft...those aren't big. We all know we want over-the-top, impossible to implement oversized, Big Friggin Guns. Ya know. Like anime style.

For example, the sniper rifle Police Girl uses in "Hellsing."

gun nut thread Hellsingserasvictoriagun

I haven't seen the anime in a while, but I think it was 30mm or something sized rounds. Course you'd have be a Japanese Uber-vamp to use it...
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 11 Jan 2008 - 14:59

30mm? They shoulda just gone all the way and given her one of these:
gun nut thread M230_30mm_gun
... you'd hafta make custom trigger and handgrip assemblies for it, though. Damn thing's supposed to mount to the front of a gunship.
fuckin' things are HEAVY (I once accidentally rolled one onto my leg in training. That didn't feel good).
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Fri 11 Jan 2008 - 15:10

LoC978 wrote:(I once accidentally rolled one onto my leg in training. That didn't feel good).

"I would have snapped to, but I seem to have a 30mm cannon on my leg." Razz

Speaking of escalating weapon sizes...shoulder mounted ICBMs...It's just an RPG x 100,000...right? 👅

gun nut thread 837-small_China_ICBM
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2008 - 17:58

rusty-spring wrote:Pfft...those aren't big. We all know we want over-the-top, impossible
to implement oversized, Big Friggin Guns. Ya know. Like anime style.

For example, the sniper rifle Police Girl uses in "Hellsing."
Well, that''s the thing, the sniper rifle from one of LoC's post can be chambered for 30mm...

LoC978 wrote:30mm? They shoulda just gone all the way and given her one of these:
gun nut thread M230_30mm_gun
You mean like this?
gun nut thread 49285562nu7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2008 - 18:26

I would like to point out that in Rk95 300 meter accuracy is with open sights. With optical sights you can shoot to around 600-700 meters. I think that the Finnish 7,62 bullet is better than 223. FMJ, because its heavier and in Finland and northern Europe there is a lot of vegetation. So that bullet doesnt go as much off course as does 223. Although 223. bullet has better armour penetrating capabilities and it is more accurate when there is no vegetation, for example in the desert. This accuracy is mostly achieved by high muzzle velocity and low recoil, which allow for three round bursts that are not possible with 7,62 round due to higher recoil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanatos Fri 11 Jan 2008 - 20:17

You mean like this?

Yeah....even the author himself wrote in the end of that volume that he went overboard with that.

Thanatos

Male

Forum Posts : 140

Fan of : Portugal

Original Characters : DUR HUR

Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Fri 11 Jan 2008 - 21:56

LoC978 wrote:... you'd hafta make custom trigger and handgrip assemblies for it, though.
Don't forget ammo can. That's going to have to be massive unto itself. Oh yeah, and the power supply.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 18 Jan 2008 - 1:00

gun nut thread 261808

The Valmet rifles are nice, Tony. Along with the Vektor CR-21 and IMI Galil, they totally outstrip the old Kalashnikov, which they were based on.

Hellsing's a nice series, although I'm pretty much fedup of seeing character types who behave like cackling, sadistic demons in combat and are continually obsessed with being 'stronger than everyone else'. Whatever happened to quiet, kind, competent professionals - people like Bazzel Baz, Steve Claggett or Jody Taylor?

And to all those posting details of large weapons - you want a big gun? This is a big gun.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Fri 18 Jan 2008 - 3:07

I would agree that all those AK derivatives are superior to the original, BUT...to me, the wood of the '47 is what makes it ultimately the most appealing.

Now as for "Dora...." Heh...despite the Germans being painted as unholy demons of WWII...they had some mad, mad, mad (and BRILLIANT) engineers/scientists. I mean c'mon...look at the size of that friggin' 80cm round!

Also...

'Schwere Gustav' was not used against civilian targets.

Probably because for the size of the projectile, it'd just be simpler to drop a Duesenberg on them.
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Fri 18 Jan 2008 - 11:37

Ever heard of a book called My Tank is Fight! It is a silly zany little book chronicling the various wacky idea's that people on both sides of world war two thought up. The Germans had a bunch of smart people working for them. However they also scared, and chased off some of their greatest minds. [See albert einstien, Hans Bethe, ect.]

'Dora' was an impressive engineering accomplishment. It was also a wacky waste of war time assets. Honestly blitzkrieg with a mammoth gun that takes 6-10 weeks to set up. Only with a crazy dictator, who also happened to be an artillery officer, and just for humors sake had to compensate for what was in his pants would build that monster. Give me the panzer division any day. Honestly as brilliant as the german war machine was, it was crippled at times by it's lunatic leader.

Anyway this is by far the coolest weapon of wolrd war two: Bat bomb. It is not in fact a weapon from the zany 60s Batman tv show. Rather it was a bomb that would released a little over a thousand bats, each one carrying a small incendiary charge. Bat would hole up in dark places, most likely a wooden Japanese building, and the charges would then explode. On the face of it, the concept really does seem crazy. What makes it awesome is if it had ever been used, it probably would have been very successful.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next