Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts?

+4
Nachtsider
Wileama
West Nile
LoC978
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts? Empty So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts?

Post by Guest Fri 28 Mar 2008 - 21:51

By popular demand, a link! EPISODE 13 VIDEO - no subs, sorry guys.

Personally, I loved it. Despite a couple changes and poor production choices (what was with that freaky grainy animation when Triela breaks Pino's knife?), I was very, very impressed.

Triela and Henrietta's moments with their handlers were wonderful, even if Triela's was significantly altered and Henrietta's made up entirely. Pinocchio and Christiano's conversation in the hallway tore at my heart. And when Franca whispered "I'm sorry..." to Franco, I actually started to cry. To my great surprise, despite the precedent set by most of the rest of this second season, I found that this episode surpassed even the emotional climax(es) of the previous season, in certain ways - and few are bigger fans of episode 11 than I. Everything really came together, and all of the loose ends (except, perhaps, for The Enrica Question) were tied up magnificently. I even thought that the cut-away-to-shadows direction for the climactic mutual stabbing was a good stylistic choice rather than a cop-out.

I felt the music, in particular, was extremely well-used. I thought the lighting for various parts worked equally well. And in general I think the whole "phrase written on-screen" technique is super-cheesy and obnoxious, but when it came up saying "And then, Pinocchio finally became a person", I started crying again. I'm not a sap. I never cry. But this episode had me bawling like a baby. And I'm not ashamed to admit it.

On the other hand, I think they could have improved things in a few subtle (and not-so-subtle) ways. For instance, Triela lost a little of that sense of "this is my battle and mine alone" which she originally got by turning off her comm link, whereas in the anime she has it on the whole time. Also, they did some weeeeird stuff with the animation during the knife-breaking scene. And most importantly, though many other scenes gained huge emotional impact, the part where Pino shoots Triela with her own gun lost a lot of that, for me. In the manga, it hit me like a punch to the gut. In the anime...meh. It was okay. (Her banshee-from-hell scream when she leapt back in through the window, on the other hand, was INSTANT WIN - amazing voice acting; the emotion was absolutely raw.) Also, her apparent lack of clothing under that blanket at the end was a little questionable. In the manga, it makes sense because she was wearing shorts, but in the anime, she was wearing her suit. There was no reason to be wandering around in underwear (presumably) and a blanket. Her torso wound - the only gunshot she took, other than maybe one in her arm? - wouldn't have necessitated the huge bandage she's shown wearing.

Another nitpicky detail is, erm, Hillshire. What was going on in his head/with his reactions when he was examining passed out!Triela, seriously? The only thing I can think is that it took him a super long time to tell her eye was gone. I mean, really, Hillshire? And though I was cheering out loud as much as the next guy during his and Triela's reconciliatory scene, I was on the fence about his reactions. I loved, in the manga, his devastated expression when Triela said "I won", like that was all that mattered. Here, though it was nice that he gave her his approval, that lacked the same depth. It wasn't as obvious that he loves this girl as a person, not a colleague, and it never really mattered to him that she failed against Pinocchio - except for the implications to her own safety. I'm a big fan of how much more tender and - *cough* passionate their embrace was, though, and how two-sided. Triela putting her head on his chest made my heart soar. : )

To cut to the chase: those are just my thoughts.

Any other opinions? All in all, Il Teatrino finale= Y/N?

Last edited by Miiko Ashida on Fri 28 Mar 2008 - 22:16; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts? Empty Re: So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts?

Post by LoC978 Fri 28 Mar 2008 - 22:08

spoiler-sense kicked in.. didn't read all of it... where on Earth didja see ep.13? when did it air? where can I find the file?
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts? Empty Re: So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts?

Post by West Nile Fri 28 Mar 2008 - 22:10

E? it's here already???
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 28 Mar 2008 - 22:14

ah-hah!
I guess torrents aren't always released faster... thought this was airing on Monday...

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6522396Ay5XKwkK
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Fri 28 Mar 2008 - 22:17

LoC978 wrote:ah-hah!
I guess torrents aren't always released faster... thought this was airing on Monday...

[url=http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6522396Ay5XKwkK
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6522396Ay5XKwkK[/quote[/url]]

OMG! how could this be!! it's airing on monday!
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Mar 2008 - 22:19

You know, I was shocked it aired so early, too - I was expecting it on next Tuesday.

Wonder how it got up here.

Last edited by Miiko Ashida on Fri 28 Mar 2008 - 23:10; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Fri 28 Mar 2008 - 22:20

.... when is d dvd coming out again? 🇲🇸
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Fri 28 Mar 2008 - 23:03

Wait did I miss something. Has anyone found another translation source besides Triad?
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 28 Mar 2008 - 23:58

nope... I just watch the pretty pictures and catch one word in ten. The gist comes through since I know that part of the manga so well...

Last edited by LoC978 on Sat 29 Mar 2008 - 1:10; edited 1 time in total
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 29 Mar 2008 - 0:09

Miiko Ashida wrote:Also, her apparent lack of clothing under that blanket at the end was a little questionable.

It's not quite questionable, really. Standard medical procedures says that a person found badly hurt has to have their clothing removed in order to descern every injury that they may have sustained.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Mar 2008 - 0:16

Nachtsider wrote:
Miiko Ashida wrote:Also, her apparent lack of clothing under that blanket at the end was a little questionable.

It's not quite questionable, really. Standard medical procedures says that a person found badly hurt has to have their clothing removed in order to descern every injury that they may have sustained.

But this is the next morning. They've already treated her wounds, so they should have been able to put her clothing back on. And you'd think she wouldn't go wandering around like that. (Notice that originally she only wanders as far as she has to in order to get to Hillshire.)

Not that I'm complaining or anything. *cough* But even in the manga, she still had her shorts on (I think). But I guess it goes to show just how strongly Hillshire felt that he was willing to give her a hug even under the circumstances. ^-^

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura Sat 29 Mar 2008 - 0:20

Miiko Ashida, you totally rock! As others, I was expecting to watch this Monday evening or later. I wonder why the early release, but hey at least it's here! I made sure to click on the link and watch the video before I read your thoughts about it.

Even with the minor changes, I agree the episode packed a punch and delivered. The music and most the action scenes were well done. I feel so sad for Franca, Franco, and Pino's fate, more so then when I read the manga.

Here are some of my other thoughts about the episode:

I was annoyed they allowed Hillshire to appear and try to intervene at the start of the
Triela/Pino battle. I just wanted to yell "dammit, get out of the way and stop distracting her!"

The scene where Pino shot her with Hillshire's gun did have less impact when she was knocked out of the building and he was hesitant at first to shoot her. The scene should have been quick like the manga when she realized once the shots were fired they were from Hillshire's gun.

Next thought: 'She's on the ground when she was recently tossed from the 2nd story window...how she gonna crash through and attack Pino again?'. Well...she did. How she did it so fast is beyond my words, but nevertheless it was awesome.

I disliked the grainy animation when the knife broke. It seemed so out of place and ruined the flow. The rest of the fight was exceptionally good.

So they have Hillshire be the one to find Triela after the Pino fight and he lifts her up to check on her. Not the best thing to do, but at least he held her close! :happy feeling: And woot...it's a 2-sided embrace initiated by Triela! It does have less impact that the manga, but at least the hug was there! :double happiness:

I was glad they finally had Henrietta hold Jose's hand. I've been wondering since the 1st episode and new opening if she ever was going to.

Overall, I was left with a happy satisfied feeling. I give Il Teatrino Finale a Y.
Sakura
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Forum Posts : 472

Fan of : Penguins, Pancake Bunny

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Sat 29 Mar 2008 - 0:20

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

Episode 13 made me fall in love with season 2. That episode alone was amazing! With the fight I was on the edge of my seat and my heart was pounding. I was a little disappointed when they didn't show the close ups of key in eye and fingers in neck.

The hug would have had much more impact if they did it the manga way but this one I loved too.

The ending was great. I cried when Jose finally held out his hand to Henrietta and she smiled.

This episode is the reason why Triela is my favorite character. She's strong, detrmined, and she doesn't let anything stand in her way. Thank you Yu Aida for creating such an amazing character!
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Sat 29 Mar 2008 - 0:53

finally managed to sit down long enough to watch it... and I pretty well agree with points made above. Slow-mo, grainy animation and action!lines annoy me to no end... though I actually really liked how they depicted Triela's fall from the window and getting shot with her own gun. and...
Miiko wrote:Her banshee-from-hell scream when she leapt back in through the window, on the other hand, was INSTANT WIN - amazing voice acting; the emotion was absolutely raw
-quoted for truth.
last point on the subject of Triela vs Pino:
Sakura wrote:Next thought: 'She's on the ground when she was recently tossed from the 2nd story window...how she gonna crash through and attack Pino again?'. Well...she did. How she did it so fast is beyond my words, but nevertheless it was awesome.
...it seems she actually made a two-story vertical leap in order to get through that window. She didn't have time for it to be anything else. Absolutely incredible feat of strength. A cyborg on a PCP-like adrenaline rush is an awesome thing.

...the changes they made to the Rico vs. car scene irked me a bit... Jean and the support personnel being present really cheapened the whole thing, for me. They made it all so... Hollywood-esqe... but oh well.

for the depiction of the story and its emotional impact, though... I'd say this finale truly delivered. Even knowing what was to happen, I felt myself affected by watching it in motion.
can't wait for the subs... and even the dubs. if they keep the first season cast for English voice-acting, I think it'd actually be better than the original Japanese... sadly.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Mar 2008 - 1:08

LoC978 wrote:...it seems she actually made a two-story vertical leap in order to get through that window. She didn't have time for it to be anything else. Absolutely incredible feat of strength. A cyborg on a PCP-like adrenaline rush is an awesome thing.

Intense feelings of rage and love have been known to do amazing things, even in regular people. Impressive, but not unbelievable.

LoC978 wrote:can't wait for the subs... and even the dubs. if they keep the first season cast for English voice-acting, I think it'd actually be better than the original Japanese... sadly.

You know, this is the one anime I can think of where the English cast fits better/outdoes the Japanese. However, that might also be partly due to the absolute...European-ness, for lack of a better word, of GSG in particular. But Rico's voice just fits her personality better in the dub.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Sat 29 Mar 2008 - 1:12

almost forgot to post something...
So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts? Ilteatrinofine
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Mar 2008 - 1:17

All this hand stroking!

While I whole-heartedly endorse it, especially by these two, I have to say, it's everywhere in this episode.

That picture - the whole scene - is made of "all is right with the world". : )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Mar 2008 - 1:40

Photographic PROOF that this episode is full of everybody getting handsy! Pino and Christiano had about a half a minute's worth of closeup devoted to theirs!

So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts? Hands211

So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts? Hands311

So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts? Hands411

So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts? Hands10

You know, as sweet as this scene was, the sensuality of the hand-stroking really started to freak me out after a while. Seriously. O.<

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 29 Mar 2008 - 1:53

Miiko Ashida wrote:But this is the next morning. They've already treated her wounds, so they should have been able to put her clothing back on. And you'd think she wouldn't go wandering around like that. (Notice that originally she only wanders as far as she has to in order to get to Hillshire).

Thing is, we don't know exactly how long elapsed between Hillshire's discovering Triela and her later being spotted wandering about Christiano's mansion. Things could have come to a close at dawn, really, with the mopping-up commencing shortly afterwards. And where it comes to Triela's clothing still remaining off - wouldn't want the wounds to turn septic, now, from whatever dirt, grime and gunpowder residue that was on them. The wandering could be due to her sneaking off when the medics were occupied with tending to Rico.

But anyway.

All in all, I must admit that I loved this episode - I'm almost finding myself taking back all the disparaging remarks I previously made about Season Two. The sheer emotional impact of this climax just jumps out right at you - from Pino and Christiano's poignant farewell, the adrenalin rush, rage and determination exhibited by Triela throughout her fight with Pino, Franco and Franca's desperate final moments at the close of their escape by car, the moment of triumph at the climax of our protagonists' one-on-one duel and the sheer beauty of the loving moment that Hillshire and Triela shared in its aftermath. It's simply amazing - I found myself really feeling for all who were involved, and ended up fighting back the tears more than once.

One thing that really jumped out at me was Triela's coming back to stand by Pino's poor, broken body at the end, regard him with an expression that almost smacked of tenderness and then proceed to return his keepsake. I don't know why, but it was this scene that brought the floodgates closest to opening. I can't explain it, really; perhaps someone else who felt the same can articulate these feelings better than I.

I liked the cute moment Marco and Angie shared in his car towards the close. Priscilla firing a shotgun was, for some reason, pure gold to me. And no, I don't think that the support personnel being there was unrealistic at all. Their presence would make sense, really - after all, the Agency would have had no way of determining just how many people Christiano had guarding him.

Does Il Teatrino's finale deliver? Hell yes.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Sat 29 Mar 2008 - 1:56

so are there really still 2 more bonus episodes for the season?
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Sat 29 Mar 2008 - 2:41

West Nile wrote:so are there really still 2 more bonus episodes for the season?

That's what I heard.
Triela
Triela

Female

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 29 Mar 2008 - 3:47

I never thought I would live to see the day Claes wear this expression.

So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts? Teasmile
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Sat 29 Mar 2008 - 4:17

season 2 makes alot of unprecedented bounds, Joze does not hold Etta hand in d manga
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Mar 2008 - 4:42

I am amazed someone got it so early. O_O;

Beautiful work. I'll join you in liking the manga embrace more, Miiko, but I actually liked that he spent so long with unconscious!Triela-- it brought back the trauma he must've had when he first found her, and seemed to be him saying "Okay, Victor, focus, you've got to get her to a hospital, she'll be fine, ignore the fact she's bleeding all over she's FINE."

There wasn't as much of the desparate "omfg I almost lost you" feeling as there was in the manga, which was disappointing, but I think it didn't flow with the feel of the episode to have that sort of feeling-- I also loved Triela's reminiscence over Pino's body, and the returning the pendant. ;_;

Overall, it all seemed to be an episode about coming 'full circle', as it were-- Victor and Triela are closer but still so far apart ( ;.; ), Marco and Ange are father and daughter again, life goes on at the Agency, 'Etta has her Giuse-san and all is right with the world of GSG. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Sat 29 Mar 2008 - 4:46

Xenomorph Alpha wrote:I am amazed someone got it so early. O_O;

Beautiful work. I'll join you in liking the manga embrace more, Miiko, but I actually liked that he spent so long with unconscious!Triela-- it brought back the trauma he must've had when he first found her, and seemed to be him saying "Okay, Victor, focus, you've got to get her to a hospital, she'll be fine, ignore the fact she's bleeding all over she's FINE."

There wasn't as much of the desparate "omfg I almost lost you" feeling as there was in the manga, which was disappointing, but I think it didn't flow with the feel of the episode to have that sort of feeling-- I also loved Triela's reminiscence over Pino's body, and the returning the pendant. ;_;

Overall, it all seemed to be an episode about coming 'full circle', as it were-- Victor and Triela are closer but still so far apart ( ;.; ), Marco and Ange are father and daughter again, life goes on at the Agency, 'Etta has her Giuse-san and all is right with the world of GSG. Very Happy

Don't forget Rico, Jean choosing to play with his phone rather than giving her a proper congratulations makes everything in the world of GSG alryight again!
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Mar 2008 - 7:39

Yes, but it's JEAN. XD Didn't you see how HAPPY she was? Rico hates being told she did well. Hates it to HELL. She wants to watch Jean get the high score on Tetris Attack instead, it is way cooler than stupid guns. XDD

Poor little Rico, she's a budding masochist. XD One day Jean will slip and tell her she did good and she will bawl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sat 29 Mar 2008 - 11:32

This is easily my favorite ep. of the series. It really blew me away. Absolutly fantastic!
Nachtsider wrote:and the sheer beauty of the loving moment that Hillshire and Triela shared in its aftermath.
I’m know I’m pretty much alone on this, but I actually liked the anime version better. The emotion conveyed was so much more intense. When Triela stepped up and rested her head on Hillshire… well let’s just say I got a little misty.
Nachtsider wrote:One thing that really jumped out at me was Triela's coming back to stand by Pino's poor, broken body at the end, regard him with an expression that almost smacked of tenderness and then proceed to return his keepsake. I don't know why, but it was this scene that brought the floodgates closest to opening. I can't explain it, really; perhaps someone else who felt the same can articulate these feelings better than I.
I understand exactly what you're saying Nachtsider. I too was struck by that scene. It's almost like this was the first time in her killing career that she actually felt something for one of her victims. It seems as though she‘s thinking, He’s a kid just like me. Just brilliant.

It was cool to see that all the girl's got a little love in the end. Especially Henrietta. The series started with her attempting to hold Jose’s hand, and ended with it happening. This ep. was all kinds of awesome.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura Sun 30 Mar 2008 - 3:50

Danjo3 wrote:
Nachtsider wrote:One thing that really jumped out at me was Triela's coming back to stand by Pino's poor, broken body at the end, regard him with an expression that almost smacked of tenderness and then proceed to return his keepsake. I don't know why, but it was this scene that brought the floodgates closest to opening. I can't explain it, really; perhaps someone else who felt the same can articulate these feelings better than I.
I understand exactly what you're saying Nachtsider. I too was struck by that scene. It's almost like this was the first time in her killing career that she actually felt something for one of her victims. It seems as though she‘s thinking, He’s a kid just like me. Just brilliant.
Looking through the episode again, Triela does appear to feel something for her victim, but she's not really sure why. When Rico and Triela leave the building near the end, Rico asks Triela if she was happy that she defeated Pinocchio. Triela responds that she doesn't and she wonders why.

In a way, I like this situation better than in the manga. I felt the anime did a better job on Pino's character that by the end I felt sad for his demise. Having Triela come back to return the keepsake to him made her more human (though she isn't sure why she feels something) than being a cyborg happy to the point of tears for defeating the enemy.
Sakura
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Sun 30 Mar 2008 - 8:14

Sakura wrote:
Danjo3 wrote:
Looking through the episode again, Triela does appear to feel something for her victim, but she's not really sure why. When Rico and Triela leave the building near the end, Rico asks Triela if she was happy that she defeated Pinocchio. Triela responds that she doesn't and she wonders why.

In a way, I like this situation better than in the manga. I felt the anime did a better job on Pino's character that by the end I felt sad for his demise. Having Triela come back to return the keepsake to him made her more human (though she isn't sure why she feels something) than being a cyborg happy to the point of tears for defeating the enemy.

I also found this seen very touching. however i thought the thing going through Triela's head fell more under the lines of "too bad i never got to know him better."

You've got to admit Triela x Pino would have been a cute couple ^_^
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sun 30 Mar 2008 - 9:35

Sakura wrote:Looking through the episode again, Triela does appear to feel something for her victim, but she's not really sure why. When Rico and Triela leave the building near the end, Rico asks Triela if she was happy that she defeated Pinocchio. Triela responds that she doesn't and she wonders why.
That is too cool! Thanks for the translation Sakura, I was really curious as to what they said to each other. This strikes me as yet another instants where Triela’s true feelings are overriding her conditioning.
West Nile wrote:I also found this seen very touching. however i thought the thing going through Triela's head fell more under the lines of "too bad i never got to know him better."

You've got to admit Triela x Pino would have been a cute couple ^_^
She might have been feeling some respect for him as a fellow warrior, but there was definitely no love loss between the two. If he had opened his eyes at that moment she would have snapped his neck without even thinking. I think that the thoughts running through her head at that moment were along the lines of ‘Why am I doing what I’m doing.’ The two of them fought like possessed mad dogs, hell bent on killing each other, and for what? This is where I believe the anime and the manga go in two different directions. The manga leaves no doubt that she was not only proud of what she did, but never questioned it for a second. The anime show a Triela with some pretty mixed up feelings - kind of like two different takes on the same situation.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Sun 30 Mar 2008 - 13:18

The grainy part in the fight really got on my nerves, so I took some screenshots and played around with them...

Before:
So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts? Picture51-2
So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts? Picture52-2
So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts? Picture53-2
So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts? Picture54-2
So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts? Picture55-2
So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts? Picture56-2

After:
So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts? Picture51-1
So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts? Picture52-1
So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts? Picture53-1
So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts? Picture54-1
So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts? Picture55-1
So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts? Picture56-1
Triela
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sun 30 Mar 2008 - 14:02

I love how Triela is almost demon like.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 30 Mar 2008 - 14:37

Like I said before - she's more Lady Snowblood than Snow White.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Mar 2008 - 14:55

Danjo3 wrote:I love how Triela is almost demon like.

Did anyone else see a similarity between the animation of her - from the grain to the color distortion to the expression on her face - in this scene and Zabuza's death charge in the Naruto anime? I hate to even compare the two, but it seemed a very strong resemblance to me, and worth mentioning. The emotions are similar as well. It's especially apropos to the "demon" description.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Mon 31 Mar 2008 - 14:38

I was kind of wondering if anyone else noticed the emphasis that they were putting on the gold band Triela had on her finger. What was that about? A fratello ring maybe?
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Mon 31 Mar 2008 - 19:46

looked like a band-aid, to me... pretty sure the emphasis was on her hand being on ol' Vic's chest like that...

Last edited by LoC978 on Mon 31 Mar 2008 - 20:22; edited 1 time in total
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Mon 31 Mar 2008 - 20:22

Yeah It's a band-aid. ^o^
Triela
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Mon 31 Mar 2008 - 21:45

My bad. I just went back and looked. It is a band-aid. Sorry.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 1 Apr 2008 - 19:02

Miiko Ashida wrote:Another nitpicky detail is, erm, Hillshire. What was going on in his head/with his reactions when he was examining passed out!Triela, seriously?

I agree with this absolutely. Personally, I was thrilled at seeing Hillshire's character development during the course of Il Teatrino. Reading the manga is one thing, but to actually compare Season I and Season II's handler interpretations...I believe that Hillshire in particular has shown more depth than any of the others. He is able to demonstrate love, worry, and need all with a flicker of movement or shift of eyes. He is a beautiful character. That being said, I was rather disappointed at his reaction to Triela's condition. At first, I assumed it to be shock, but the entire moment had such a lack-luster quality.

However! I was so pleased at the re-written scene with Hillshire and Triela's embrace! The fact that she walked into his arms rather than question his efforts said so much. Seeing the helicopter hovering and his clutching her closer to him made me so extremely giddy!

Overall, the 13th episode reduced me to a blubbering pile of sobbing goo in a way that no other show has before. In fact, I actually recorded a phone conversation that I had with my best friend right after watching just so I wouldn't lose the hilarious and pathetic moment in time. --> http://download.yousendit.com/1616AFED33154289

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Tue 1 Apr 2008 - 20:36

OMG I feel so BAD for you!!! ;_; I heard your recording and I kept says: OMG I feel so bad for herrr!!! ;_;

I just watched the 13th episode again and I saw it showed them getting impalied by each other!!! @_@ I didn't see that the first time, I only saw the shadow then Triela's hand falling. Also when Triela stabbed Pino's wrist. =O I was like: OMGGGGGGGGG so AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!! (I loooved when Triela and Pino were falling. It made me cry. ;_Wink
Triela
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Wed 2 Apr 2008 - 7:36

taking a second look at the 13th episode, something left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. the whole prelude to the finger stabbing scene just came out all wrong for me. in the manga Triela stabbing Pino appeared as a last resort since she already had a car key in her eye. but in the anime it was like she was planning it the whole time running round with 2 fingers sticking out as if "watch out Pino, you may still have a knife with you but i got my fingers coming at ya!"

hey why is d downloaded version of the knife breaking fuzzy too? is it really meant that way?

any news on the bonus 2 episodes?
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Wed 2 Apr 2008 - 9:50

Tia Lynn wrote:http://download.yousendit.com/1616AFED33154289
You poor thing! I hope you’re feeling a little better now. Smile
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 2 Apr 2008 - 12:59

West Nile wrote:In the manga Triela stabbing Pino appeared as a last resort since she already had a car key in her eye. but in the anime it was like she was planning it the whole time running round with 2 fingers sticking out as if "watch out Pino, you may still have a knife with you but i got my fingers coming at ya!"

Triela is a soldier, trained to kill. I doubt she planned it to happen any other way.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 2 Apr 2008 - 16:07

Danjo3 wrote:
Tia Lynn wrote:http://download.yousendit.com/1616AFED33154289
You poor thing! I hope you’re feeling a little better now. Smile
Much better, thanks! Then again, I haven't watched the episode again yet. just whistlin' Ha ha!!

Back to top Go down

So, Il Teatrino Episode 13. Thoughts? Empty ramblings...

Post by Guest Wed 2 Apr 2008 - 22:15

Touch of humanity and dare I say...a touch of love...

Nice work, Aida Yu, and nice work, Artland. The execution of the scenes leading towards the end is so profound I'm willing to overlook any drawback. Besides, they're probably already mentioned anyway. No use beating a dead horse.

The anime is not as emotionally-involved as the manga, but come on, it's not fair seeing something with a full knowledge of plot etc. beforehand and still expecting the same effect (although it can happen). However, my expectation was exceeded. I totally didn't see the changes coming just like I didn't see Angie retelling the pasta story. I also felt more sympathy for the antagonist, and those scenes as they met their fate was well orchestrated...and of course, the debate was settled, Hillshire found her...he found her dancin\\' I can't express how joyful I was when that happened cheers

Some expected Hillshire to be more emotional when he found the bloodied Triela, but recalling from the very first episode, I'm not so surprised it's not happening here either. Besides, the fact that he went to her first, instead of ensuring Pino is KIA, is enough for me to see that his world is crumbling and he lost his focus in exchange for his devotion for the princess. The scene where he worriedly waited and closed his eyes as if he was praying for the recovering, teary-eyed Triela (she finally got the nice animation she deserves!) in bed also tells me the same.

Never before I'm so glad to be proven wrong. I'm referring to the hug of course. No more dumbfounded-looking Triela. I would even relent to the HxT fan as the scene can be seen as such. Love or not, seems the princess finally found Hillshire as a figure to be trusted and a shoulder to cry on. In my 'lil world, of course I'd like to see it as she finally lose that awkwardness around him, and recalling from the earlier skirmish where she brushed him off cold, she is making it up to him by initiating the hug....and that teary dream that followed, I'd like to imagine this time she's dreaming her first encouter with both her mother, and 'papa.' Nevertheless, I think it's only fair to ask a lady what a lady character might think...so Triela, in your opinion, why our beloved princess initiated that hug?

When Triela went back to Pino, somehow I thought how gut-wrenching/dramatic it would be if these two were siblings. Both lives ruined by human trafficking, and were eventually made to kill each other. The act of her taking back what was hers, and returning what was his...I found that to be very profound. A touch of humanity...indeed of whatever is left in our lady warrior. As in the tale, Pinocchio finally becomes a human, and he dies.

Sakura, would you please...no, scratch that...puhleaassee I'm begging you...post translation or the gist of dialogues by Hillshire and Triela?

edit: hehheheh, I was wondering if it was Rico and Jean, or if Jean is Triela handler, he probably would have opened fire at Pino (and Triela) as they're fighting (hmmm, my cyborg can take a bullet or two, no problem, I'll put this wonder-kid to dirt nap in no time. He surely can't dodge bullets, knives, and attacking all at the same time)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 2 Apr 2008 - 22:31

wasyhuu wrote:When Triela went back to Pino, somehow I thought how gut-wrenching/dramatic it would be if these two were siblings.
There's actually nothing in the canon to rule out this possibility, really. Part of me likes to believe that it was, indeed, the case.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Wed 2 Apr 2008 - 22:39

Nachtsider wrote:
wasyhuu wrote:When Triela went back to Pino, somehow I thought how gut-wrenching/dramatic it would be if these two were siblings.
There's actually nothing in the canon to rule out this possibility, really. Part of me likes to believe that it was, indeed, the case.

Yeah they're so much alike in every way, even they're hair is the same color... Does it ever say where Pino is from... Amsterdam maybe? ^_^
Triela
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 2 Apr 2008 - 22:45

He was found in an Italian basement, at any rate, but that doesn't explain his land of birth.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Thu 3 Apr 2008 - 1:05

Tia Lynn wrote:Much better, thanks! Then again, I haven't watched the episode again yet. just whistlin' Ha ha!!
Glad to hear it. And you might want to wait a few days before you give it a second screening - so you can mentally prepare your self.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura Thu 3 Apr 2008 - 1:53

wasyhuu wrote:Sakura, would you please...no, scratch that...puhleaassee I'm begging you...post translation or the gist of dialogues by Hillshire and Triela?
Uhhhh....Watashi no nihongo ga mada mada heta ni omoimasu sweat

Luckily, there weren't that many dialogues between Hillshire and Triela so I was able to translate most of it without too much trouble. It's not perfect, but I think it gets the point out.

Start of Pino/Triela fight
H: Triela
T: Please go ahead of me
H: But...
(Pino attacks and Triela/Pino duke it out while Hillshire stands there trying to shoot)
H: Triela!
T: Please search for Christiano!
(Hillshire runs off)

After Pino runs away....
T: Hillshire-san
H: Triela, are you okay?
T: Pinocchio ran away. I'm searching the place
H: There are enemies on this side so keep an eye out
(shots fired)
T: Hillshire-san!
H: I'm fine on this side! Find Pinocchio!
T: Hai!

Not really Hillshire/Triela, but I liked the scene right when Triela crashes through the window to attack Pino
P: Which of us is the monster?
T: Someone like you could never understand. I have to fight!
P: Seems like we are the same.

At the end when Triela gives the pendant back to Pino

H: Triela. You were excessive (or pushed yourself too hard)
T: Hillshire-san
(Hillshire approaches Triela, they gaze into each other eyes :fangirling ensues:, and then Triela hugs him and puts her had on his chest)
T: I won, didn't I?
H: Yea
T: Please congratulate me. I've won... (sorry I originally put 'we won')
(Hillshire hugs her back)

I hope that helps!

Last edited by Sakura on Thu 3 Apr 2008 - 2:10; edited 1 time in total
Sakura
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next