Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teatrino and GS are two different adaptations

+3
taerKitty
Kiskaloo
Rocket
7 posters

Go down

Teatrino and GS are two different adaptations Empty Teatrino and GS are two different adaptations

Post by Rocket Wed 27 Nov 2013 - 6:56

In hindsight it seems obvious. Instead of thinking as Teatrino as a sequel, we should think of it as a reboot.

The different personalities, Angelica's design, the new voice actors,
Spoiler:
, and a lot of other things by the fact they're not one and the same.

Manga =/= BONES =/= Teatrino
Rocket
Rocket

Female

Forum Posts : 1

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl

Original Characters : None

Comments : Nope

Registration date : 2013-11-27

Back to top Go down

Teatrino and GS are two different adaptations Empty Re: Teatrino and GS are two different adaptations

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 27 Nov 2013 - 7:24

If anything, the first series should be considered "non-canon" as Yu Aida had minimal input on it and as they only had the first dozen chapters to work with, most of the stories ended up being original works created by the animation writers.

In comparison, -IL TEATRINO- was written by Yu Aida, hence it is much closer to the manga (of which he'd written scores more chapters for by the time the anime was produced).
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Teatrino and GS are two different adaptations Empty Re: Teatrino and GS are two different adaptations

Post by taerKitty Wed 27 Nov 2013 - 13:20

Angelica being alive is hardly a spoiler around these parts. However, it should be noted that it's also not always respected as canon Smile

Angelica's passing in S1 is very non-canon. In the manga, it was heart-rending and very touching. In S1, she just kinda wastes away in the hospital bed. No saving Marco's life from the truck bomb, no search for Perro the dog, etc.

Of course, Chapter 48 wasn't written at the time S1 was under production. The fact that they managed to kill the right cyborg is a miracle unto itself.
taerKitty
taerKitty

Male

Forum Posts : 1211

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : Dina & Paolo

Comments : The feelz... the feelz...

Registration date : 2012-01-22
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 27 Nov 2013 - 15:47

taerkitty wrote:Angelica's passing in S1 is very non-canon.  In the manga, it was heart-rending and very touching.  In S1, she just kinda wastes away in the hospital bed.  No saving Marco's life from the truck bomb, no search for Perro the dog, etc.
Canon or no. What it does do though, or to me at least, is round out the series, as a standalone, rather neatly and in the correct tone. I think it was the right decision for the show's producers to make at the time.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty Wed 27 Nov 2013 - 16:11

Alfisti wrote:Canon or no. What it does do though, or to me at least, is round out the series, as a standalone, rather neatly and in the correct tone. I think it was the right decision for the show's producers to make at the time.
Oh, mos' def!  It's a wonderful conclusion to the series.  And, the stuff they added that wasn't in the manga was much more hit than miss.  (I'm saying this in a waffling way because I can't remember any examples in S1 where I felt they went OOC.)

All in all, S1 was amazing for the characterization, and S2 was very good for the plotting.
taerKitty
taerKitty

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Wed 27 Nov 2013 - 17:53

Kiskaloo wrote:If anything, the first series should be considered "non-canon" as Yu Aida had minimal input on it and as they only had the first dozen chapters to work with, most of the stories ended up being original works created by the animation writers.

In comparison, -IL TEATRINO- was written by Yu Aida, hence it is much closer to the manga (of which he'd written scores more chapters for by the time the anime was produced).
I've wrestled with that for a long time as my fav character Lauro, was prolly a total construct.
He didn't do much in the comic book, so mayhap the anime's creative team was responsible for all the elaboration. Oh well, in that case thank you, thank you, thank you fine folks at Madhouse! head bang head bang head bang head bang
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 3:13

tremec6speed wrote:
Kiskaloo wrote:If anything, the first series should be considered "non-canon" as Yu Aida had minimal input on it and as they only had the first dozen chapters to work with, most of the stories ended up being original works created by the animation writers.

I've wrestled with that for a long time as my fav character Lauro, was prolly a total construct.
He didn't do much in the comic book, so mayhap the anime's creative team was responsible for all the elaboration. Oh well, in that case thank you, thank you, thank you fine folks at Madhouse! head bang head bang head bang head bang
Regarding Lauro, since he wasn't fleshed out in the manga, I'm generally willing to take that particular of Season 01 as canon... or at least as referable without contradicting the main (manga) canon.

Peoples' mileage may, of course, vary.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 12:02

Makes sense to me. It feels like canon, and it sounds like canon, and (thanks to Madhouse) it looks like canon, so...
taerKitty
taerKitty

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 16:04

Welcome, Rocket! 
Even those of us who have followed the series from the first ADV release (wow... ten years ago as of the 18th) occasionally find something that we didn't notice before. I remember reading the chapter where Petra knocks out the guy in Termini station and noticing Jean and Jose with their girls watching. I thought they had followed Alessandro and Petra. It was only some time later that I realized that they were still dressed as they were in Sicily during "Fantasma", meaning that their watching A&P was entirely happenstance as they had just arrived back in Rome. Little things like that make re-reads interesting, and you see how Yu made a lot of effort to keep things interconnected and consistent.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 23:25

At first I was like "Welcome Rocket"?
Then I backtracked and....
Right, me too! Welcome Rocket! Wink
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 0:53

"Forum Posts: 1" kinda gives it away. Wink
taerKitty
taerKitty

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 14:12

Lolz
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 23:22

I still think Angelica just fell asleep at the end of Season 1. Very Happy
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 11:12

I agree, Nacht. Obviously it seems she dies, but given the later context, and the manga's position that she was awake while watching the meteor shower, and her weakened state at the time, it's not impossible that it would work that way.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down