Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime or Manga?

+10
Danjo3
Sakura
Nachtsider
Ggultra2764
tsundere9kagami2
Triela
Awinnell
LoC978
Rico-chan
Triela-Chan
14 posters

Go down

Anime or Manga? Empty Anime or Manga?

Post by Triela-Chan Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 14:11

Okay, I´ve got 2 Questions:

1) Do you like the Gunslinger Girl Anime more or the Manga?

2) What did you like more: Manga or Anime (not Gunslinger Girl)?

Me:

1) I like the Manga more because the German voices are shit! (I think they don´t fits the girls) And in the manga are more, well stories (think of Petruschka...)

2) I think the most Animes in Germany are shit because of the voices and every drop of blood is censored! Naruto was totally weird because they turned the red color in blue... it looked No Good
Anyway I looove books so my choice is kind of biased...
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire

Original Characters : ääähm...

Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Anime or Manga? Empty Re: Anime or Manga?

Post by Rico-chan Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 14:22

1)I like the Manga more because the voices are really stupid No Good

2) I like Mangas more because i think the voices are really shit and it is better to read it is more fun
Rico-chan
Rico-chan

Female

Forum Posts : 169

Fan of : Rico, Triela and Angelica because I think Angelica have a nice smile

Original Characters : Mel (is a short form for Melanie)

Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 14:24

Like me!
Heh, That reminds me of "Two dumbs one Brain" ROFL
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 14:24

...suffice it to say that I wouldn't like one as well without the other, and vice-versa. I need them both, and can't really consider them separately.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico-chan Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 14:25

Very Happy HI HI HI HI HI
Rico-chan
Rico-chan

Female

Forum Posts : 169

Fan of : Rico, Triela and Angelica because I think Angelica have a nice smile

Original Characters : Mel (is a short form for Melanie)

Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 14:27

if the voices are so bad (and i agree, some translations leave much to be desired!) i suggest watching them in Japanese with the subtitles on instead !
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 14:27

LoC978 wrote:...suffice it to say that I wouldn't like one as well without the other, and vice-versa. I need them both, and can't really consider them separately.

Well, the english voices are better then the german... High Five
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 14:29

Awinnell wrote:if the voices are so bad (and i agree, some translations leave much to be desired!) i suggest watching them in Japanese with the subtitles on instead !
Yeah that would be a possibility Guh? Awesome!
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 14:37

I prefer the first season anime. The english voices are amazing on top of the music and animation. <3
When it comes to the second season I prefer the manga.

I think I like anime more than manga all around.
FullMetal Alchemist anime= better than the manga
Elfen Lied anime= better than the manga (from what I've read)
Yu Yu Hausho anime= better than them manga
Yu-Gi-Oh I love either way actually. Razz
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 19:11

I have to agree with Triela: I liked the first season anime a lot more than the two volumes of manga they were based on. The manga just didn't have the same depth of emotion that the anime had. Some of the later volumes of manga had some deep emotional content, but I think that if they were made into anime, then that anime would also be better.

The only other manga that I have read is the Vampire Hunter D manga. I didn't find those two books to be particularly interesting (...the first manga book was also done as the first Vampire Hunter D movie -- the movie was far better than the manga...).

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 19:44

i like the anime better some times but i cannot dis the manga for the manga is not just a book it is a portable japanimation resource were would i be without both anime and manga probably in school smoking pot. (manga...certified anit-drug)
but i likes the animes based off o da h-games and visual novels like:
tsukihime
fate stay night
school days
higurashi no naku kori ni
and many many more.
tsundere9kagami2
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1075

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 20:00

In terms of Gunslinger Girl, I prefered the anime for the first season due to the greater use of emotion and the manga for the second season since events felt more intense with the manga's depiction than the anime.

As for other titles I've come across in both manga and anime format, I often prefer manga adaptations since there's tiny details in plot and character that the anime often leaves out. And depending on how well it's pulled off, some titles radically alter plot elements from the manga to anime transition like Full Metal Alchemist. Here are some anime-manga titles I've read and my personal preference:

Full Metal Alchemist (anime > manga)- The anime's alterations of the plot in later episodes packed more of an emotional punch than what was depicted in the manga.

Neon Genesis Evangelion (anime < manga)- Compared to the anime, it was easier for me to connect with the characters in the manga as they weren't as angsty as in the anime. Shinji grated on my nerves on more than enough occasions in the anime.

Elfen Lied (anime < manga)- If you thought there were enough psychological issues with the characters in the anime, wait til you get a load of the manga. Lucy's much more merciless with her attacks making for better bloody goodness. voodoo doll

Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal (anime > manga)- For those wondering, the section of the manga this anime is based on came from flashbacks told of Kenshin's past. Compared to the mixing of action and humor in the manga, this OAV puts a greater focus on realism so none of the comedy from the manga is present in this OAV. Plenty of blood, drama, and tragedy to fly around in this action-packed adaptation of Rurouni Kenshin.
Ggultra2764
Ggultra2764

Male

Forum Posts : 590

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 23:03

Season One of the Gunslinger Girl anime is the best of them all. 'Nuff said. As for the other question, it really depends on what series we're talking about.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura Sat 30 Aug 2008 - 0:29

As others, I also liked the 1st season of gunslinger girl anime over the manga and enjoyed the manga more over the 2nd season (I liked the opening/endings songs though).

I tend to prefer manga over anime (it's portable, can read at leisure, and catch small details), but I also think it depends on what series.
Sakura
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Forum Posts : 472

Fan of : Penguins, Pancake Bunny

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sat 30 Aug 2008 - 1:23

I like them both, but if I had to make a choice, I’d go with the manga. It’s much closer to what the real GSG world would be like. The anime has a tendency to tone down the intensity.

If you gave them movie ratings, the anime would be PG-13 while the manga would be R.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Sat 30 Aug 2008 - 9:02

Most of the time I favor the source material over the adaptation, but there are rare exceptions (FMA TV). Still, Anime does have more value for money IMHO since you take longer to get through them (I read fast).
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by TTIO Tue 2 Sep 2008 - 13:44

Triela wrote:I prefer the first season anime. The english voices are amazing on top of the music and animation. <3
I hated the English voices for GSG. Most of the time they're not so bad, but a lot of them didn't fit at all (Triela's in particular). However, I still prefer the anime because the fansubs are actually decent (in terms of translations, I got annoyed at Funimation's subtitles too Very Happy)
TTIO
TTIO
CEO of Cheese Pie Inc.

Male

Forum Posts : 1111

Fan of : Triela!

Original Characters : Keetha & Alcide

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 8 Sep 2008 - 14:02

Watching anime with Bahasa Malaysia is OUT of the question. The voices never match with the character. I stick to Jap with Eng Sub. Even when buying anime, I'll make sure its has Jap and of course Eng sub.

Still, I like manga more. The drawings nicer. Watch anime n u feel something been left out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Mon 8 Sep 2008 - 23:13

1) The manga

2) In general, I like anime better.

Also, Gunslinger Girl in Italian > all
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Forum Posts : 618

Comments : It's like a 5 hour orgasm.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 9 Sep 2008 - 10:34

Also, Gunslinger Girl in Italian > all

THAT is something I'd love to see! But there is a need of a multi-national voice over for all the character. I mean, Hillshire speaking Italian with a German accent, etc.

Then there's the language barrier between the two of them and all that sort of stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 17:23

I prefered the anime in the first season but when it got to the second season the manga was better

I felt that the second season didnt have the seriousness as the first season had so yeah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Sep 2008 - 13:39

While the manga has more of a story, the anime is what I prefer. It's always been like that on almost everything I've seen so far; I always like them both, I just end preferring the anime, tho.

@Sintendo:
GSG will never be adapted in italian, that's because the italian broadcasting companies are prone to censorship when it comes to blood. Also, they would change every name to something more appetible from children (Henrietta -> Enrica would be the most faithful adaption, other names such as Triela or Claes would be adapted into "Laura" and "Chiara" or something like that). Then it would come to voiceovers. We've got a fair amount of big shots here, but it's always the same people. Still, GSG without violence? That wouldn't be the anime I loved to watch, because most of the interest and beauty of this production lies on the conflict generating from "lovely everyday's girls" and "killing machines".

Japanese with English subtitles sure is the best way to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 15 Sep 2008 - 15:01

That is a tough one...

I really enjoy the GSG manga because we see more stories and some of those stories (yes, Volume 10 again) are amazing.

On the flip side, the anime allows us to see these girls in a more "dynamic" way that still frames - even well drawn still frames - can't really bring across...

If GSG was only released in one format, I'd take the manga. But I am very happy we have the anime, as well.

As it relates to anime vs. manga, I admit I watch far more anime then I read manga. However, of the handful of manga I have read, I prefer them to the animated versions for much the same reason with GSG - more stories.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down