Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What've Anime you seen

+8
Tommygunner70
Alfisti
Professor Voodoo
Nachtsider
SPARTAN 119
Officer_Charon
Odon
Triela
12 posters

Go down

What've Anime you seen Empty What've Anime you seen

Post by Guest Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 22:54

So I was watching HighSchool of the Dead - Episode 1.

Review (optional):
This episode is remind me of Resident Evil, Dead Rising, George A. Romero's zombie film, 28 Days Later, Left 4 Dead, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead, Dead Island, Dead Snow, and Call of Duty Zombie with the Ecchi. She very hot. It like Big Tits Dragon: Hot Spring Zombie Vs. Stripper 5 (2010 Japanese film), Zombie Stripper (2008 American film), and Zombies! Zombies! Zombies! (2008 American film).

Back to top Go down

What've Anime you seen Empty Re: What've Anime you seen

Post by Triela Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 1:23

So HighSchool of the Dead reminded you of every zombie movie? That's like me saying Zombieland reminds me of Dawn of the Dead just because of the zombies...
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 1:36

Triela wrote:So HighSchool of the Dead reminded you of every zombie movie? That's like me saying Zombieland reminds me of Dawn of the Dead just because of the zombies...
Well yeah. I love Zombie media. I've also played Dead Rising 2. Someday, I will get Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. But I will let price goes drop down on next year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 1:47

What I was saying was that a not every zombie movie and game are the same. Let me re-fraise... It's like me saying Star Wars reminds me of Star Trek because of the aliens. They're completely different.

You just made a list of every zombie movie and game you know that remind you of HotD just because of the zombies.
Triela
Triela

Female

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 2:22

I only started watching zombie movies last year after reading World War Z, and realising that I'd never seen a single zombie movie. I didn't even know 28 Days Later was drawing from that genre.

I watched the first few episodes of HSOTD while they were free on Madman.com.au, but lost interest. By the time I felt like seeing some more episodes they'd stopped showing them, and I didn't feel like forking out 30 bucks for the DVD.

My personal theory is that the zombie apocalypse in High School of the Dead was started by a brainy but sexually deprived otaku/genetics student who created a biovirus designed to alter the DNA of Japanese women to give them huge breasts.
Unfortunately the sudden influx of all this fanservice atrophied the brains of the rest of the population, turning them all into drooling zombies.

Note: There is something disturbing about looking at a girl's panties while she is bashing a zombie's brains out with a baseball bat.

But, well, panties are still panties.

I would recommend HSOTD to anyone who likes zombie films and gratuitous fanservice.

Odon

Male

Forum Posts : 482

Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 4:11

Personally, I rather enjoy both fanservice AND zombie movies... why have I not watched this yet?

Also, good call on World War Z, Odon. Have you heard about the travesty of a movie they're making, using that name? *facepalm*
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1472

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 7:41

Officer_Charon wrote:
Also, good call on World War Z, Odon. Have you heard about the travesty of a movie they're making, using that name? *facepalm*

As always, the proof is in the watching, to mangle a phrase.

Frankly I think every country should be allowed to make their own travesty of a movie from the various chapters of that book. The Koreans could make a horror action movie about a military expedition sent underground in North Korea to find out what's happened, a manga should be written about that blind gardener killing zombies and trying to retake Japan with a few mad followers, etc. And as with all zombie movies, from all this trash will come moments of great art.

Odon

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 16:33

Triela wrote:What I was saying was that a not every zombie movie and game are the same. Let me re-fraise... It's like me saying Star Wars reminds me of Star Trek because of the aliens. They're completely different.

You just made a list of every zombie movie and game you know that remind you of HotD just because of the zombies.
Yeah. I will watch Episode 2 of HighSchool of the Dead. There is 12 episode plus and OVA.

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 17:13

As far as I'm concerned, Highschool of the Dead was pretty good, I might have preferred it if the anime kept the fanservice at the manga's level instead of turning it "up to 11" if you will. In either series, my favorite aspect of the series has to be the memorable characters, particularly Kohta Hirano, a gun otaku who actually shares some similarities to myself, and Saeko Busujima, my favorite crazy katana-wielding chick!

As per the similarities to other series, I thought there were moments that reminded me of Left 4 Dead, as far as the group of random survivors making their way through a zombie-infested world was concerns, and I believe there were actually references to Shaun of the Dead, Resident Evil, and maybe the Romero films at the very least. Also, for a moment (until Louis translated it) I thought the Japanese graffiti in "The Sacrifice" campaign in L4D was a HSOTD reference. I still (In spite of it being obviously out of place) think they should have made it read something like: Went towards the shrine, heading for the Tayagi Mansion -Takashi Komuro and Saeko Busujima. Also, on that note, I have an idea for an L4D-styled HSOTD game that unfortunately will never be made (might put it in that old game ideas thread at some point.

As per the original thread, I have watched so many anime I can't remember them all, but heres an attempt. It gets more alphabetical toward the end thanks to my using the list at an anime website. This is by no means in inclusive list:

GSG (obviously)
Highschool of the Dead
Higurashi
Elfen Lied
Death Note
Jigoku Shoujo
Black Lagoon
Zipang
Canaan
Kara No Kyoukai
Fate/Stay Night
Azumanga
Haruhi
OreImo
B Gata H Kei
Madoka
Nanoha/As/Strikers
Stiens;Gate
Chaos;Head
Baccano
Bakemonogatari
Blue Drop
Darker than Black
Durarararararara
Ghost in the Shell (original)
GiTS Stand Alone Complex (S1)
Koe de Oshigoto OVA
School Days
Minami-ke
Saikano
Starship Operators
Umineko
Welcome to the NHK
Zero No Tsukaima

SPARTAN 119
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 17:26

These are my favorites:

Coyote Ragtime Show
Ghost in the Shell
Grendizer
Gunslinger Girl
Harlock Saga
Kirby: Right Back at Ya
Macross (SDF-1)
Mobile Suit Gundam (Universal Century or bust)
Montana Jones (selected episodes only)
Mrs. Pepper Pot
My Neighbor Totoro
Nintama Rantarou
Ruroni Kenshin
Saber Marionette
Slayers
Spirited Away
The Three Musketeers
Time Bokan
Vandread

Going to watch Gurren Lagann before the year is out.

Officer_Charon wrote:Also, good call on World War Z, Odon. Have you heard about the travesty of a movie they're making, using that name? *facepalm*
It's kinda early, man. For all we know at this stage, it might turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 17:29

@Nacht: It may very well be... but at least title it something different, if you're going to go at it like that.

For me, I'd have done WWZ like "Walking Dead:" Cable Mini-series. Decent funding, fewer limitations on time.... It just seems that the way they're going right now is not going to have the same effect.

I'm still going to see it, but I'm not hopeful.
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1472

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 17:42

I've been making an effort to watch more anime series lately (mostly via Netflix streaming). Lately I've tried...

Angel Beats: Not too bad. Given the overall theme I felt the scope could have been grander, and it ended on a hokey note, but I guess it wasn't wasted time. The characters were formulaic but decently executed.

Clannad: What the hell am I watching? More importantly, why am I still hitting the "Play next episode" button? I tried this one because Luci Christian (Rico) voices the lead role but even she can't save it. A pretty much non-existent story...which is okay if you have interesting, likable characters...except Clannad does not. I quit around episode 17 and tried the "After Story" series...maybe a little better but not by much.

Ride-Back: I'm not a fan of "mecha" stories but this one keeps the clichés to a minimum. I'm a little more than halfway through and the plot keeps getting more and more complex with each episode. Overall I'm liking it.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 23:47

Ghost in the Shell: SAC - The cyberpunk series by which all others are judged! Wish they'd explore the relationship between Bateau and the Major more; that's its one weak point, the lack of a romantic subplot.
For some reason I didn't like 2nd Gig as much - not sure why.

Samurai Gun - Disappointing for a steampunk ninja gunslinger anime set an alternate history where breast-enhancement surgery has been invented several centuries in advance. Maybe if you're a fan of the manga... Some Gag Dubs on the DVDs are worth checking out.

Ninja Scroll - VERY DISAPPOINTED with this adaptation of an excellent movie. The monk Dakuan turns from a lecherous manipulative bastard to the bog-standard wise old mentor from "The Hero with a Thousand Franchises." The genuinely tense demon vs. Jubei fights become boring repetition without any of the movie's subtext. Never bothered to finish watching it.

Samurai Champloo - Would have been a lot better if SBS hadn't stopped showing this series halfway through! Fortunately my brother and I were able to get (most) of the missing episodes in the video stores. Eventually.

Rocket Girls - Technically-accurate space geek series, but aimed more at kids so I couldn't get into it. I didn't even bother showing it to my brother who is a space geek.

Planates - Another technically-accurate space geek series, and a better one. This I did show to my brother. Unfortunately he's not into anime.

Cowboy Bebop - The only anime series (along with Samurai Champloo) that my brother liked and insisted on seeing more of. Unfortunately we saw it out of order, so the effect of the revelations concerning Spike and Fay's past was kinda diminished.

Black Lagoon - A bit over-the-top at first, but you quickly warm to the characters. Still don't know why Rock hasn't got it on with the foul-mouthed, psychopathic Chinese-American chick with the tragic past, twin-skillfully wielded pistols, cool arm tattoo and a tight midriff-baring T-shirt and cut-down permanently-unzipped buttcheek-revealing jeans that you just want to sink your
teeth into ARRRRRGHHH!

Sorry.

Odon

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 28 Sep 2011 - 4:47

I'm going going to list a few and obviously: GSG excepted.

ARIA - I think it's resonably obvious that I'm a fan of Kozue Amano's easygoing slice of life, set in Venice... on 24th Century terraformed Mars. Fifty episodes of bugger all happening, but somehow after each half hour slot you kinda want to watch another. Likable characters, fantastic scenery and one of the best chillouts I know of.

As someone (whom I can't remember) once put it: "ARIA's not a show you watch, it's a place you go." So leave your cynicism at the door and enjoy.

Baccano! - Fast talking immortals in prohibition era Chicago (mostly)... where liqour isn't the only thing being bootlegged. Twisting, turning story that only really wraps itself together at the end, fantastic characters... they're all mad there.

Watch the English dub, it's pretty good, the accents add to the whole thing and to be honest I think keeping up with subs would be difficult some of the time.

Starship Operators - Just for the tactical environment and Nadesico references.

Don't watch the dub.

Library Wars - Another good one for characters: Japan passes a bill allowing the censorship of materials deemed culturally damaging and the Libraries take up arms to protect freedom of speech.

There's more I could talk about, but laziness prevails and I have a story to write.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon Wed 28 Sep 2011 - 7:46

Nachtsider wrote:It might turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread.

Shouldn't that be "the best thing since sliced-off heads"? (or destroying the brain)

Odon

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Wed 28 Sep 2011 - 9:24

Copy and paste from My Anime list

Completed
Ah! My Goddess
Ai Yori Aoshi
Ai Yori Aoshi: Enishi
Ai Yori Aoshi: Enishi - Miyuki
Appleseed Saga Ex Machina
Armitage III
Armitage III Dual-Matrix
Armitage III Polymatrix
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040
Chibits
Chobits
Chobits Special
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2
Cowboy Bebop
Cowboy Bebop: Tengoku no Tobira
Coyote Ragtime Show
Devil May Cry
Dragon Ball
Elfen Lied
Eureka Seven
FLCL
Full Metal Panic!
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shamballa
Genesis Climber Mospeada
Ghost in the Shell
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Tachikoma na Hibi
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - The Laughing Man
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - Individual Eleven
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - Tachikoma na Hibi
Girls Bravo: First Season
Girls Bravo: Second Season
Grenadier
Grenadier Specials
Gun x Sword
Gunslinger Girl
Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino
Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino OVA
Hanaukyou Maid-tai
Hanaukyou Maid-tai OVA
Hand Maid May
Hand Maid May Special
He is My Master
Hyper Police
Interstella5555: The 5tory of The 5ecret 5tar 5ystem
InuYasha
InuYasha: Guren no Houraijima
InuYasha: Kagami no Naka no Mugenjo
InuYasha: Tenka Hadou no Ken
InuYasha: Toki wo Koeru Omoi
Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu
Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World
Love Hina
Love Hina Again
Love Hina Christmas Special: Silent Eve
Love Hina Final Selection
Love Hina Spring Special
Love Hina: Motoko's Choice, Love or the Sword - Don't Cry
Macross
Macross 7
Macross 7 Encore
Macross 7 Plus
Macross 7: Ginga ga Ore wo Yonde Iru
Macross Dynamite 7
Macross Frontier
Macross: Do You Remember Love?
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death & Rebirth
Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion
Noir
Onegai Teacher
Onegai Teacher OVA
Onegai Twins
Onegai Twins OVA
Ouran High School Host Club
Psychic Academy
Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor
Space Pirate Captain Harlock
Strike Witches
Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross
Super Robot Taisen OG: Divine Wars
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Tenchi Muyo! GXP
Tenchi Universe
The Legend of Black Heaven
Top wo Nerae!
Top wo Nerae! 2
Trigun
Utawarerumono
You're Under Arrest!
You're Under Arrest! (1996)
You're Under Arrest! Mini Specials
You're Under Arrest! No Mercy!!
You're Under Arrest! Second Season
You're Under Arrest! The Movie
You're Under Arrest!: Diverting Traffic at the Beach

On Hold
Urusei Yatsura
Tetsuwan Birdy Decode

Dropped
Inukami!
Martian Successor Nadesico
Ranma ½
Seto no Hanayome
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1956

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke is Good Wed 28 Sep 2011 - 10:03

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/NukeisGood

Bam all in one nice list
Nuke is Good
Nuke is Good

Male

Forum Posts : 326

Fan of : Henrietta

Original Characters : Rc v1

Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 Wed 28 Sep 2011 - 10:42

Don't drop Seto no Hanayome give it a chance, or don't I don't care.
tsundere9kagami2
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1075

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 28 Sep 2011 - 12:50

Far too much to remember, much less list.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 Wed 28 Sep 2011 - 14:42

I kind of quit watching anime. I've been clean for almost 3 months now.
I gave it up so that my grades would go up as well.
tsundere9kagami2
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1075

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Sep 2011 - 19:36

The same as Kisk far to many to list but I will try. The only ones listed are shows I saw in the entirety from begining to end.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 6:01

I'm watching Sky Girls right now and it started off slow, but things start to go down in episode 6. If you're a fan of Strike Witches I highly recommend it. :3 Karen is my favorite.

What've Anime you seen Screenshot2011-10-03at55552AM
Triela
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by imksoon Mon 3 Oct 2011 - 7:02

What've Anime you seen Berser11

Berserk and Gantz ! hot animes!!
imksoon
imksoon

Male

Forum Posts : 70

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl

Original Characters : Cloe