Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A really really REALLY DAMN WEIRD idea

+8
Danjo3
Three Dog
Alfisti
John_234
Nachtsider
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika
tremec6speed
Il Direttore
12 posters

Go down

A really really REALLY DAMN WEIRD idea Empty A really really REALLY DAMN WEIRD idea

Post by Il Direttore Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 19:43

So..........

I can't find a way to word this delicately, but I'll try my best.

The basic idea is that Gunslinger Girl is supposed to have girls as cyborgs, so canonically speaking, boys can't exist. Workarounds include using boys as side characters, as characters from a different agency, or simply not challenging the issue.

What I propose is a fourth, possibly insane, method of working around it.

I propose that you dress up a boy as a girl and work from that as a basis, with the basic assumption that, despite a physically male gender, the cyborg is conditioned/trained to be female.

...should I go and get my Riot Shield so I don't get stoned to death?
Il Direttore
Il Direttore

Male

Forum Posts : 1003

Fan of : Henrietta, Triela

Original Characters : Lieutenant James Spettro/Caterina

Comments : In yon strait path a thousand may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand, and keep the bridge with me?’ -Horatius

Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

A really really REALLY DAMN WEIRD idea Empty Re: A really really REALLY DAMN WEIRD idea

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 19:47

How the frakk does that........

Back to top Go down

A really really REALLY DAMN WEIRD idea Empty Re: A really really REALLY DAMN WEIRD idea

Post by Il Direttore Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 19:50

I... I don't know. I SAID it was weird.

That being said, it's possible one of the more experienced authors (Kisk, Prof. Voodoo, etc.) could succeed?
Il Direttore
Il Direttore

Male

Comments : In yon strait path a thousand may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand, and keep the bridge with me?’ -Horatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 19:55

Its not the author. Dont get me wrong, this is a series with little girls and high caliber rifles, but really.......d'fugg

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 22:31

Caterina: Did you hear that Rico? El Conservatore thinks it be cool to have boys think they are girls....
Rico: Um Cat?
Caterina: Yeah?
Rico: (drops 'her' drawers)
Caterina: !!!! Y-you were at our sleep over party last week and an- an- and that back massage you gave me an....GET OUT!!
Rico: Would it help to say you're cute?
Caterina: OUT!!
Rico: (walking down the hall, thinking out loud) I dunno, until recently I figured the way I'm built IS how a girl looks. That's what those stupid conditions drugs keep making me think.... Puzzled

Last edited by tremec6speed on Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 23:10; edited 1 time in total
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 22:51

simply played...Jean, simply played....
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Forum Posts : 1169

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 0:18

El Conservatore wrote:The basic idea is that Gunslinger Girl is supposed to have girls as cyborgs, so canonically speaking, boys can't exist.
This 'basic idea' severely limits creative horizons.

El Conservatore wrote:I propose that you dress up a boy as a girl and work from that as a basis, with the basic assumption that, despite a physically male gender, the cyborg is conditioned/trained to be female.
Gender-confused kid + mind-altering drugs = bad combo. Poor sod will go postal in less than a year. Mark my words.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 0:20

Although, that would be really interesting to read. Kid goes crazy slowly as story progresses....

......now I feel like a sadist.
Il Direttore
Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by John_234 Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 0:48

Well, it could be a good idea in something like Envangelion, where mental trauma actually makes them work better. Anywhere else...
John_234
John_234

Male

Forum Posts : 469

Fan of :

Original Characters :

Comments : The Chatbox is evil.

Taking a break for a while.

Registration date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 2:05

boy thinks they're girl....OMG, is this the end!!! A really really REALLY DAMN WEIRD idea 147869
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 2:09

El Conservatore wrote:Although, that would be really interesting to read. Kid goes crazy slowly as story progresses....

......now I feel like a sadist.
Give in to your sadism; write it up as a psychological horror title in stream-of-consciousness narrative style. You've got me interested, too.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 2:27

He's just a sweet transvestite...

...from the trans-social...

Welfare, agencyyyy...he he! A really really REALLY DAMN WEIRD idea 70464
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 4:40

tremec6speed wrote:Caterina: Did you hear that Rico? El Conservatore thinks it be cool to have boys think they are girls....
Rico: Um Cat?
Caterina: Yeah?
Rico: (drops 'her' drawers)
Caterina: !!!! Y-you were at our sleep over party last week and an- an- and that back massage you gave me an....GET OUT!!
Rico: Would it help to say you're cute?
Caterina: OUT!!
Rico: (walking down the hall, thinking out loud) I dunno, until recently I figured the way I'm built IS how a girl looks. That's what those stupid conditions drugs keep making me think.... Puzzled

A really really REALLY DAMN WEIRD idea 459784477 A really really REALLY DAMN WEIRD idea 65220

I think the idea has some potential... though it would make me worry about the guys in charge. Do they treat these children as their little playthings, seeing how far thay can push the envolope just for shits'n'giggles? Some mad scientist? I dunno.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Forum Posts : 1243

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 4:58

Mr. Antonic wrote:I think the idea has some potential... though it would make me worry about the guys in charge. Do they treat these children as their little playthings, seeing how far thay can push the envolope just for shits'n'giggles? Some mad scientist? I dunno.
It has to be the case. If they were in their right mind, and decent human beings, they would raise the boys as boys.

That bespectacled doctor with the long hair. Gilliani. Always did peg him for a deviant. If anyone's messing with the kids, it's him.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 4:59

Nachtsider wrote:
Mr. Antonic wrote:I think the idea has some potential... though it would make me worry about the guys in charge. Do they treat these children as their little playthings, seeing how far thay can push the envolope just for shits'n'giggles? Some mad scientist? I dunno.
It has to be the case. If they were in their right mind, and decent human beings, they would raise the boys as boys.

That bespectacled doctor with the long hair. Gilliani. Always did peg him for a deviant. If anyone's messing with the kids, it's him.

He does have that look about him.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 9:38

Although, current prejudices against trans-gender people WOULD provide a highly convenient backstory. Run it as "beat up and nearly killed by haters before SWA reluctantly rescued him at the behest of a new handler who has a soft spot for such stories". Could work. You could even work in that the gender identity thing had to be maintained or else the conditioning would go nutso and make the cyborg lose all sense of identity within two weeks or something.
Il Direttore
Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 19:01

NACHT wrote:
Give in to your sadism; write it up as a psychological horror title in
stream-of-consciousness narrative style. You've got me interested, too
You've got a way with words man, I dig it! A really really REALLY DAMN WEIRD idea 732225
Trans-social welfare agency?
Cool Alfisti!
A really really REALLY DAMN WEIRD idea 459784477
damn I luv this club....
Razz
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Fri 31 Aug 2012 - 1:46

It seems like a lot of trouble to go through. If they want a girl, wouldn’t it be easier just to use a real one. Puzzled
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Fri 31 Aug 2012 - 2:16

Danjo3 wrote:It seems like a lot of trouble to go through. If they want a girl, wouldn’t it be easier just to use a real one. Puzzled

True, but half the techies at the SWA strike me as bat-shit-insane at best. I mean, one of them has hot twinsfor assistants, what the hell did he have to go through to get them?!

Also, you could write it off as an experiment. They wanted see what would happen since they haven't ectually done it yet. These guys don't exactly seem like they have strong morals.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Fri 31 Aug 2012 - 3:48

Well, after all these years the fanfic arena is running pretty low on ideas, so why not? I could do it with my own OC’s. It’d be pretty hilarious to have Maria dressing Paolo up as a little girl.

Paolo: This is humiliating!

Maria: Stop your bitching, you’re absolutely adorable.

Stefano: Damn Paolo, you look good enough to…

Paolo: DON”T SAY IT!
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Fri 31 Aug 2012 - 4:20

Everyone who has posted in this thread:
I salute you.
hup, hup.....
:3 Not Worthy!
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Fri 31 Aug 2012 - 4:22

tremec6speed wrote:Everyone who has posted in this thread:
I salute you.
hup, hup.....
A really really REALLY DAMN WEIRD idea 803722 A really really REALLY DAMN WEIRD idea 6583

And one for you Tremec *snaps off a slute* A really really REALLY DAMN WEIRD idea 2752
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 31 Aug 2012 - 5:23

Danjo3 wrote:It seems like a lot of trouble to go through. If they want a girl, wouldn’t it be easier just to use a real one. Puzzled
The usual reasoning for humans doing stuff which doesn't make sense: because we can.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore Fri 31 Aug 2012 - 9:03

I still say its more plausible for the kid to actually be transexual and victim of a hate crime.
Il Direttore
Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 31 Aug 2012 - 10:02

Alfisti wrote:

The usual reasoning for humans doing stuff which doesn't make sense: because we can.

Patton Oswalt: "Hey we just made cancer contagious and airborne. You're welcome! Science...we're all about 'coulda', not 'shoulda'."
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 31 Aug 2012 - 20:15

Mr. Antonic wrote:True, but half the techies at the SWA strike me as bat-shit-insane at best. I mean, one of them has hot twinsfor assistants, what the hell did he have to go through to get them?!
I'm still not convinced that the twins weren't figments of that guy's imagination.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Sat 1 Sep 2012 - 0:26

Nachtsider wrote:
Mr. Antonic wrote:True, but half the techies at the SWA strike me as bat-shit-insane at best. I mean, one of them has hot twinsfor assistants, what the hell did he have to go through to get them?!
I'm still not convinced that the twins weren't figments of that guy's imagination.

S he didn't put in a heap of effort to get good lookin' twins as assistants, he just imagined them. Oh, that's so much better, he is most definately off his nut.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore Sun 2 Sep 2012 - 22:26

A really really REALLY DAMN WEIRD idea Neveah10

So I went and drew up a concept.

Keep in mind, this is almost entirely trace-work. All I did was add color and change the hair a tad.
Il Direttore
Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Mon 3 Sep 2012 - 6:53

been done before

A really really REALLY DAMN WEIRD idea Tol_gs10
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore Mon 3 Sep 2012 - 10:14

Huh.

That's intriguing.
Il Direttore
Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 1:20

Actually, all joking aside......
What Alfisti wrote is a scary thought to be sure mostly because it is so true.
"The usual reasoning for humans doing stuff which doesn't make sense: because we can."
The following actual experiments would probably not happen in the Social Welfare Agency's isolated grounds,
but I offer it to give some idea of the nefarious goings on in the bowels of the darkest, lowest levels of the SWA experimental chambers.
The Obedience Experiment (this one comes to mind because of the idea behind GSG where innocent children are being made to murder repeatedly)
Imagine that you've volunteered for an experiment, but when you show up at the lab you discover the researcher wants you to murder an innocent person. You protest, but the researcher firmly states, "The experiment requires that you do it." Would you acquiesce and kill the person?
When asked what they would do in such a situation, almost everyone replies that of course they would refuse to commit murder. But Stanley Milgram's famous obedience experiment, conducted at Yale University in the early 1960s, revealed that this optimistic belief is wrong. If the request is presented in the right way, almost all of us quite obediently become killers.
Milgram told subjects they were participating in an experiment to determine the effect of punishment on learning. One volunteer (who was, in reality, an actor in cahoots with Milgram) would attempt to memorize a series of word pairs. The other volunteer (the real subject) would read out the word pairs and give the learner an electric shock every time he got an answer wrong. The shocks would increase in intensity by fifteen volts with each wrong answer.
The experiment began. The learner started getting some wrong answers, and pretty soon the shocks had reached 120 volts. At this point the learner started crying out, "Hey, this really hurts." At 150 volts the learner screamed in pain and demanded to be let out. Confused, the volunteers turned around and asked the researcher what they should do. He always calmly replied, "The experiment requires that you continue."
Milgram had no interest in the effect of punishment on learning. What he really wanted to see was how long people would keep pressing the shock button before they refused to participate any further. Would they remain obedient to the authority of the researcher up to the point of killing someone?
To Milgram's surprise, even though volunteers could plainly hear the agonized cries of the learner echoing through the walls of the lab from the neighboring room, two-thirds of them continued to press the shock button all the way up to the end of scale, 450 volts, by which time the learner had fallen into an eerie silence, apparently dead. Milgram's subjects sweated and shook, and some laughed hysterically, but they kept pressing the button. Even more disturbingly, when volunteers could neither see nor hear feedback from the learner, compliance with the order to give ever greater shocks was almost 100%.
Milgram later commented, "I would say, on the basis of having observed a thousand people in the experiment and having my own intuition shaped and informed by these experiments, that if a system of death camps were set up in the United States of the sort we had seen in Nazi Germany, one would be able to find sufficient personnel for those camps in any medium-sized American town."
another picture this also going on without most aganets being aware but dim rumors abound.....
The Isolated Head of a Dog
Ever since the carnage of the French Revolution, when the guillotine sent thousands of severed heads tumbling into baskets, scientists had wondered whether it would be possible to keep a head alive apart from its body, but it wasn't until the late 1920s that someone managed to pull off this feat.
Soviet physician Sergei Brukhonenko developed a primitive heart-lung machine he called an "autojector," and with this device he succeeded in keeping the severed head of a dog alive. He displayed one of his living dog heads in 1928 before an international audience of scientists at the Third Congress of Physiologists of the USSR. To prove that the head lying on the table really was alive, he showed that it reacted to stimuli. Brukhonenko banged a hammer on the table, and the head flinched. He shone light in its eyes, and the eyes blinked. He even fed the head a piece of cheese, which promptly popped out the esophageal tube on the other end.
Brukhonenko's severed dog head became the talk of Europe and inspired the playwright George Bernard Shaw to muse, "I am even tempted to have my own head cut off so that I can continue to dictate plays and books without being bothered by illness, without having to dress and undress, without having to eat, without having anything else to do other than to produce masterpieces of dramatic art and literature."
and:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_transplant
So while taking boys and making think they are girls or vice versa, is indeed a 'really, really, REALLY DAMN WEIRD idea' (I'm not knocking it, it really is weird, I'm not trying to up the ante or down play the weirdness of it in anyway shape or form it's just that this came to mind and I thought I'd humbly offer it is all) can you imaging the poor cyborg whose elevator had a glitch and took her to a level that simply was not supposed to exist?
Wandering around confused in the hallways my cyborg Helen
(for example)
sees a lit room further down and upon entering encounters a child with no body simply tubes attached to the head. The poor creature spots her and tries to speak, but with no throat, words are uttered in silent desperation.
The terrified cyborg is finally able to read the lips saying: 'kill me please'. No weapon, hands trembling, she reaches out and pulls a handful of tubes with the desired effect. Eyes close in relief.
As she exists with her heart racing back into the hallway and towards the exit, the child sees another room closed yet she is able to make out sounds somewhat human, clearly in pain! Panic finally takes hold and the diminutive agent runs into the elevator frantically hitting buttons mentally pleading it will take her up and out of that secret level containing the chamber of horrors.
Days later she finally blurts out everything she saw to the other girls.
What I wonder would happen then?
The girls were starting to hear of the arguments between agents and the technical staff for changing the gender of the cyborgs, but what would be their reaction if they were to learn it had in fact gone way beyond that?

Last edited by tremec6speed on Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 16:49; edited 1 time in total
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 2:59

Okay, one: Those exeriments are giving the human side of me shivers and making the scientific side most intrugued.

Two: How everyone would react in such a situation is an interesting question. I figure most of the canon girls would look to their handlers, and al the handlers seem to be the sort of guys who would try and put a stop to that sort of stuff. My own OCs: Victoria would shrug it off, Andromeda would be out for blood, Linda would work with Vincent to try and stop it with as much red tape and that sort of shite as possible, the CSTG would be hypocrits if they tried to put a stop to it, and Barry and Mercedes, them I have no idea. Probably have a bit of a mental breakdown simply because they didn't find it first and then talk to the Director and so on and so forth until they thelseves are put down or the 'laboratory' is destroyed. Though those actions for my OCs are likely teh same as the guys who said they wouldn't kill the person. Except for Victoria, who goes by "If it makes the murder machines more powerful, it should stay."
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 5:57

Awinnell wrote:been done before

A really really REALLY DAMN WEIRD idea Tol_gs10
"47ness"... why am I not suprised? Razz
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 10:22

Experiments: Problematically, the SWA wouldn't make any money from those ventures. Interestingly enough though, gender reassignment/genetalia repair WOULD be useful in a world where bombs go off daily, so creating an experimental trans-cyborg would actually be logical.

@Alfisti: You know this person/those people? Why aren't you surprised in any way?
Il Direttore
Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 11:09

El Conservatore wrote:@Alfisti: You know this person/those people? Why aren't you surprised in any way?

47ness is a member of this forum and has done a number of excellent GSG-related artwork as well as a fantastic comic titled Sally Sprocket and Piston Pete on deviantART. Smile
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 13:32

El Conservatore wrote:So..........

I can't find a way to word this delicately, but I'll try my best.

The basic idea is that Gunslinger Girl is supposed to have girls as cyborgs, so canonically speaking, boys can't exist. Workarounds include using boys as side characters, as characters from a different agency, or simply not challenging the issue.

What I propose is a fourth, possibly insane, method of working around it.

I propose that you dress up a boy as a girl and work from that as a basis, with the basic assumption that, despite a physically male gender, the cyborg is conditioned/trained to be female.

...should I go and get my Riot Shield so I don't get stoned to death?

Just because there are no boys in canon does not mean that they exist. This applies to many things said here in discussion later to be put true by Mr. Aida himself.

Then there are boys in factionfiction, Alpha being the Number Brat here. Then there are Danjo's Girl/Boys... are they a mess to begin with!

The basic Premise of GunSlinger Girl is the use of children in this internal war Italy has been having. Padania and the mob has used boys before, in canon. One pictured running away with a gun and then there's Pino - that brat himselff.

Nachtsider wrote:
El Conservatore wrote:The basic idea is that Gunslinger Girl is supposed to have girls as cyborgs, so canonically speaking, boys can't exist.
This 'basic idea' severely limits creative horizons.

El Conservatore wrote:I propose that you dress up a boy as a girl and work from that as a basis, with the basic assumption that, despite a physically male gender, the cyborg is conditioned/trained to be female.
Gender-confused kid + mind-altering drugs = bad combo. Poor sod will go postal in less than a year. Mark my words.
I agree on both counts.

Alfisti wrote:He's just a sweet transvestite...

...from the trans-social...

Welfare, agencyyyy...he he! A really really REALLY DAMN WEIRD idea 70464
Rocky Horrorr FTW!!!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 16:49

El Conservatore wrote:Experiments: Problematically, the SWA wouldn't make any money from those ventures. Interestingly enough though, gender reassignment/genetalia repair WOULD be useful in a world where bombs go off daily, so creating an experimental trans-cyborg would actually be logical.

@Alfisti: You know this person/those people? Why aren't you surprised in any way?
It's basically 47ness' fault (well, along with Usagisama, also of deviantART) that I'm here... as it was on their reccomendation that I picked up GSG in the first case and... for that matter, watched past the first two episodes to a point where I actualy started to enjoy the series.

Also: agreed that the problem with this particular story is that the SWA has little to gain in creating a transgender cyborg... though that said: I believe the transgender market is a growing one, so maybe the SWA decided it wanted to get in on the ground floor. Who knows, some day everyone may be flying to Italy rather than Brazil Razz
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 17:09

Thinking it over, me thinks I hijacked the thread, sorry guys wasn't my intention I wrote it late at night and didn't think it through, shan't happen again. Sad

tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 19:47

Well, it's still spawned "Well they'd probably do an experiment on gender reassignment for some justification but it's still gender reassignment", so:

1. PROPOSAL: An experiment to test the limits of conditioning in terms of personal identity.

2. PROCESS: Obtain damaged male subject and convert to female gender.

---

Conflicts would arise (according to my friend who is active in LGBT Rights) when the cyborg acted "out of gender" and overhears the handlers/scientists discuss reconditioning. This is, of course, terrifying, so plot happens.

---

Thoughts?
Il Direttore
Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 20:51

First thought: an experiment like this would only be performed by researchers who intended it as a first step towards something even more radical, such as total personality overwriting.

Second thought: I'd love to explore this, but to do it realistically would require more knowledge of the human psyche than I posess.

Third thought: the people in charge of the SWA's conditioning procedures are rat bastards.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 20:57

Regarding Thought One: Isn't conditioning at the current stage BASICALLY the foundation for what you're talking about? The applications for, say, rape victims or PTSD affected soldiers would be ENORMOUS. You can't give a kid PTSD to experiment on him/her, but you CAN fuck with their gender to give them similar levels of mental chaos. Apply conditioning, see what happens.
Il Direttore
Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Wed 5 Sep 2012 - 20:07

El Conservatore wrote:Regarding Thought One: Isn't conditioning at the current stage BASICALLY the foundation for what you're talking about? The applications for, say, rape victims or PTSD affected soldiers would be ENORMOUS. You can't give a kid PTSD to experiment on him/her, but you CAN fuck with their gender to give them similar levels of mental chaos. Apply conditioning, see what happens.
Absolutely. While the girls seem to have retained their pre-conversion personalities, we don't know that for sure, and the 're-booted' Henrietta certainly shows what a massive dose of conditioning can do to a troubled young mind.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore Wed 5 Sep 2012 - 20:18

BTW: You guys realize you just turned the craziness of a late night and sleep deprivation into a legitimate thing, right? This is ridiculously awesome.
Il Direttore
Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 6 Sep 2012 - 6:30

El Conservatore wrote:BTW: You guys realize you just turned the craziness of a late night and sleep deprivation into a legitimate thing, right? This is ridiculously awesome.
Which only really proves that everyone around here is just as mad as you are.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Thu 6 Sep 2012 - 6:32

not me......
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Thu 6 Sep 2012 - 6:37

Alfisti wrote:
El Conservatore wrote:BTW: You guys realize you just turned the craziness of a late night and sleep deprivation into a legitimate thing, right? This is ridiculously awesome.

I think ti's best to look at the madness this way. Craziness is contagious, and the more people that are here, the crazier it gets. I can't wait for this site to reach Jack Nickolson proportions of insanity Razz
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore Thu 6 Sep 2012 - 9:35

Alfisti wrote:

Perhaps, but are not all great ideas the intersection of Madness and Awesomeness?

@Mr. Antonic: Probably also true, but not in the sense that madness is conveyed. Rather, that non-mad individuals would be forced to operate within the scope of the mad individuals to preserve their own sanity, leading to compartmentalized operating systems.

In other words, you have to partition your brain-drive in order to not go mad yourself.
Il Direttore
Il Direttore

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Thu 6 Sep 2012 - 16:13

El Conservatore wrote:Well, it's still spawned "Well they'd probably do an experiment on gender reassignment for some justification but it's still gender reassignment", so:

1. PROPOSAL: An experiment to test the limits of conditioning in terms of personal identity.

2. PROCESS: Obtain damaged male subject and convert to female gender.

---

Conflicts would arise (according to my friend who is active in LGBT Rights) when the cyborg acted "out of gender" and overhears the handlers/scientists discuss reconditioning. This is, of course, terrifying, so plot happens.

---

Thoughts?
On those cases where a circumcision has gone wrong and a little boy has been made into a girl, in the end, toward tween and teen years, things go haywire and she reverts back into a boy mentally. in fact, through its life, it does things that only a boy would. This... on top of the fact that the child is getting therapy, hypnosis, estrogen therapy and god knows what not.

This is because a boy's brain is built different from a girl's brain. This physical difference in the hardware construct of the ind can not be overriden, no matter how much it is tricked into being otherwise.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down