Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring 2012 Anime

+10
Officer_Charon
Robert Frazer
Three Dog
Awinnell
maverick375
MadHatChemist
Piero
Alfisti
Entropy
Kiskaloo
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring 2012 Anime

Post by Awinnell Sat 21 Apr 2012 - 18:15

the ripping of the L85A1 was a little harsh, the A2 version solved most of the problems(the magazine no longer falls out ) though it is a little heavy for a bullpup it is very accurate in single shot mode

Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Forum Posts : 2131

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 Sat 21 Apr 2012 - 21:42

Jormungand: So far, I've liked this one. Has a feel similar to Black Lagoon and (at least as far as Jonah is concerned), Gunslinger Girl, with the whole child soldier thing. Though it definitely airs more on the Black Lagoon side of things, for instance, with the deflecting a Javelin missile with a grenade blast.

Upotte!: Well... What can I say about this one... Its ridiculous, it makes no sense, its does have its own unique sense of humor as far as the jokes related to the character's personality and physical traits, such as L85A1's proneness for illness, M16's 3-round bursts etc.

Also, crossover FNC/Funco x Jonah!:

Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 88b3dda2ed2e3c7fec8cb76

Oh never mind, Piero mentioned this...

But this has given me an idea for a sort of Jormungand/Upotte crossover parody fic. Basically, at somepoint in his career, Jonah gets his hands on the Upotte manga. He is mildly amused by the portrayal of his weapon, but is not all that impressed. However, soon after, possibly due to a head injury sustained in battle, Jonah starts seeing Funco following him around whenever he is carrying his rifle. Now, Jonah has to live with a tsun/yandere antropomorphism of his rifle. Examples of scenes for this fic which I will probably never get around to writing include Jonah's FNC jamming or misfiring whenever Funco gets angry at him, Funco getting jealous and taking shots at Jonah whenever he uses a different gun, and Jonah keeping his weapon next to him in his sleep... only to find Funco lying next to him!

SPARTAN 119

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Sun 22 Apr 2012 - 2:09

Alfisti wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:
Awinnell wrote:Her 'Cha-Cha' ? do you mean her ejection port ?
Nah, man, he means her breech Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 817766.
I was wondering why I can't find this show to watch, now Imma thinkin' 'cause it's banned in Australia. I'm not even gonna bother checking if it is. Too much stuff gets banned in Australia Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 95912.
I don't think there's any licensing been sorted over here, hence you can't pick it up on crunchy-roll or similar. You can still download it, I got the first episode but honestly didn't bother going any further.
I think I'll flip a coin to decide whether to try and get it to see for myself whether or not it's decentish, though from what I hear about Upotte, I hope the coin explodes in midair and kills me.

Three Dog

Forum Posts : 1243

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 18:49

Hyouka (Episode 01) - The next to last show of the season I have been waiting for (only AKB0048 left and that debuts next week) and I liked it. Eru Chitanda is like Angelica and Yui from K-On! merged together, so the cuteness factor is tremendous. On Cloud 9

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san (Episode 03) - I was wrong. Being 10 times longer makes each episode 10 times better than Haiyoru! Nyaruani or Haiyoru! Nyaruani: Remember My Mr. Lovecraft. Nyaruko is epic and I don't recall Kūko being anywhere near as awesome in the Flash animes.

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (Episode 03) - Really liking this show.

Space Brothers (Episode 04) - My thanks to ANN for getting me to watch this as I am really enjoying it.

Natsuiro Kiseki (Episode 03) - This show has proven entertaining enough to stick with.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Tue 24 Apr 2012 - 13:34; edited 1 time in total

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 22:29

I've been keeping up on the scanlations of Upotte... Funco is just bad-ass. Just don't call her "T-back." Sig's perkiness is just perfect for her deadly skill.

Then there's the older girls...
http://mangafox.me/manga/upotte/v01/c007/6.html

maverick375

Forum Posts : 826

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Tue 24 Apr 2012 - 3:33

maverick375 wrote:I've been keeping up on the scanlations of Upotte... Funco is just bad-ass. Just don't call her "T-back." Sig's perkiness is just perfect for her deadly skill.

HAHA! Random fire. Which girl/gun was that anyway?
From all the bad rep the show had been getting, I hadn't even considered reading the Manga, reckon I'll give it a try now.

Three Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Tue 24 Apr 2012 - 3:45

maverick375 wrote:I've been keeping up on the scanlations of Upotte... Funco is just bad-ass. Just don't call her "T-back." Sig's perkiness is just perfect for her deadly skill.

From all the bad rep the show had been getting, I hadn't even considered reading the Manga, reckon I'll give it a try now.
Well, read the first Chapter and... meh Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 389343. Didn't seem all that bad. not great, but not bad.

Three Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Tue 24 Apr 2012 - 10:51

That was M-14. The M-14 rifle is a great semi, and passable full-auto when supported, but not off-hand. Hence the "random fire" joke.

maverick375

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 24 Apr 2012 - 13:37

That chapter was part of Episode 03. sweat

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 Thu 26 Apr 2012 - 15:19

Kiskaloo wrote:Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (Episode 03) - Really liking this show.

I like it a lot too - and I must say the Suzuki Konomi, the singer of the OP and ED is pretty incredible. Partway through this video there's clips of a then 14 year old Konomi singing songs from Macross Frontier at last year's Animax Anisong Grand Prix, and it's... wow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H_l1LVv4CqQ#
0utf0xZer0
0utf0xZer0

Male

Forum Posts : 265

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Fri 27 Apr 2012 - 6:28

Well, I finally got around to watching Upotte!! and my reaction is pretty much the same as for the manga. Meh.
It's crap story wise, but I'm pretty sure it meant to be like that to begin with, at least I hope so. It sort of reminds me of seitokai yakuindomo, light hearted, slightly amusing crap. Good for breaking the monotomy of my everyday meaningless existance, though. I think I'll keep watching; I'm a sucker for gun humour, even if it's crap. Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 61015
Plus I learn one or two things about guns along the way. Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 183408
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 27 Apr 2012 - 12:01

Eureka Seven Ao (Episode 03) - Gekkostate these folks are not. sweat

I forgot this series takes place over 10,000 years before Eureka Seven, so Ao's mother can't be Eureka, though she must be a Coralian.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 13:11

Funimation announced this weekend that they have secured the streaming and home media rights to Eureka 7: AO (Astral Ocean).

maverick375 wrote:Does anyone know if anyone has picked up the US localization for Panty&Stocking w/ Garterbelt? Does anyone have the cahones to touch it? Hell, I'd take a subbed dvd release.

Funimation also announced the English voice cast at Anime Central this weekend and they also announced the Limited Edition DVD would be released on July 10th.

I really wish the Japanese would cut loose the Blu-ray rights, but then again, it's not like this show's animation quality really would benefit from 1080p. And I do have the fansubs of the Blu-ray.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2012-04-28/funimation-entertainment-announces-english-language-cast-of-panty-and-stocking
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 30 Apr 2012 - 11:37

AKB 0048 (Episode 01)

DECULTURE!!!!!

Macross Frontier crossed with The iDOLM@STER.

And all the girls have a little heart outline in the corner of their pupils.

Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 DoubleFacepalmRickerPicard
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Tue 1 May 2012 - 3:59

Upotte (Episode 04) - I'm beggining to get a pro-american and anti-communist vibe from this show because it kinda seems like the AK-47 is being set up to be the baddy. If this is the case, I'll be a bit disapointed considering that it's design has changed very little since it came into existance. A little bit of inuendo, but nothing worth moaning about. it gets the same mark as every thing else of Upotte I have reviewed: meh. Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 389343
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 1 May 2012 - 21:16

UN-GO (Episode 0 - Causality)

The awesome prequel OAV to the awesome television series.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Tue 1 May 2012 - 22:30

Kawamori's involvement may have been enough to get me to watch AKB0048, but I'm not sure even that is going to be enough to make me stick with the series. It was really pretty cringeworthy. By contrast, Hyouka, which I was interested in primarily because the guy who wrote the original Full Metal Panic light novels was doing Series composition, merely seems rather dull. Well, it's not like I can think of any person in the anime industry whose involvement guarantees I'll like a project...

Anyhow, we're a few weeks in now, and my opinions on the various shows I've sampled seem to be shaping up. So far my top picks from the new shows this season are Space Brothers and Kids on the Slope. The former wasn't much of a surprise, but the latter is more so. I'm not a big jazz fan and while I enjoyed the first episode, I wasn't that enthusiastic about the show after it. Episodes two and three really got me though.

It's interesting to note the contrast between my top picks for this season (Space Brothers, Kids on the Slope) and my top picks for last season (Rinne no Lagrange, Bodacious Space Pirates). They're kind of different types of shows.

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Fri 4 May 2012 - 0:33

Despite some misgivings I've really been enjoying Jormungand quite a bit. Although oddly enough given the way it was marketed the series seems to be at it's best when the amount of shooting is kept to a minimum. Laughing (Additionally, the even numbered episodes have generally been better than the odd numbered ones thus far, though at only four episodes in it may be a bit early for noting trends like that.)

Also, here's more JonahXFNC. Razz
Spoiler:

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Fri 4 May 2012 - 8:27

Piero wrote:Despite some misgivings I've really been enjoying Jormungand quite a bit. Although oddly enough given the way it was marketed the series seems to be at it's best when the amount of shooting is kept to a minimum. Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 684325 (Additionally, the even numbered episodes have generally been better than the odd numbered ones thus far, though at only four episodes in it may be a bit early for noting trends like that.)

Spoiler:

That pic brightened my day:P . I really got to get around to watching Jormungand.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 4 May 2012 - 14:22

Eureka Seven AO (Episode 04) - I can't tell if they're ret-conning the original show or if the Scrub Coral call all their emissaries Eureka. I expect that like Fam ~The Slver Wing~, this show will turn out to be weaker than it's predecessor.

Natsuiro Kiseki (Episode 05) - Nothing amazing, but entertaining enough to stay with.

Sengoku Collection (Episode 05) - Formulaic, but the formula is entertaining to date.

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (Episode 04) - While not fantastic, right now it's probably my favorite show of the season now that Sankarea has imploded.

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san (Episode 04) - Also a favorite due to the sheer insanity of the story and much of the cast.

Space Brothers (Episode 05) - Quite the brilliant show and the strongest in terms of plot of the shows I am watching this season.

Sankarea (Episode 05) - So even after they wrecked the show, Rea Sanka was such a sheetcake of awesome I held my nose and kept watching. Episode 04 wasn't too bad, but they have totally wrecked her character with this episode and the show looks to be moving towards just being pandering fan service.

This is yet another show that makes me feel that Tokyo is about as bereft of ideas as Hollywood and just follows the same old formulas/tropes/cliches because they're "safe". Which annoys me because when they do take risks, the shows often turn out to be pretty amazing.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Sat 5 May 2012 - 10:13; edited 1 time in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Sat 5 May 2012 - 5:32

Kiskaloo wrote:This is yet another show that makes me feel that Tokyo is about as bereft of ideas as Hollywood and just follows the same old formulas/tropes/cliches because they're "safe". Which annoys me because when they do take risks, the shows often turn out to be pretty amazing.
I figure this sort of thing is happening all over the world, not just Hollywood. I've got no evidence to support my claim, just a hunch. At least Anime hasn't starting making shows about computer games (that I know of), seriously, the DOA movie sucked, Doom's only redeamable feture was the part near then when it's in first person, and God knows when the Halo movie will arive if at all.

Movie to game = tolerable, as long as the story is adapted to last about eight hours without repeating the same scene forteen times.

Game to movie = More often than not, it will suck. I pray for the day a game is made into a movie and it has a decent director and cast. And they can take some liberties as long as the gist of the story is the same.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 5 May 2012 - 17:56

Upotte!! (Episode 05) - This show is more ridiculous and disturbing with each episode...

...but I am learning stuff about guns. Go figure.

And man, they REALLY don't like the L85. Very Happy

Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 SG550

Oh... don't fuck with the Finns... NO
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sat 5 May 2012 - 18:20

The L85 is supposed to be being replaced in 2015,though the HK improved L85a2 isn't as bad as the a1 version in the show,mind you i will believe it when i see it and god only knows what the British army will end up with or when given the current economic situation,

and to be fair the poor girl is teamed up with a much older and even more modified M16a4 version whose had several upgrades over the years and had very similar problems herself initially
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Sat 5 May 2012 - 23:47

Awinnell wrote:The L85 is supposed to be being replaced in 2015,though the HK improved L85a2 isn't as bad as the a1 version in the show,mind you i will believe it when i see it and god only knows what the British army will end up with or when given the current economic situation,

and to be fair the poor girl is teamed up with a much older and even more modified M16a4 version whose had several upgrades over the years and had very similar problems herself initially
I figure the Brittish Army should use either the G36, since it's a relatively well known weapon with a good reputation, the CM901, because it's the latest by Colt, Modular, and can be chambered for about twelve or so different round types. And fianally, I would like to see them switch to the AK, so that they go from 'jams every hundred or so rounds' to 'most reliable rifle in the world', though I can't see that happeneing because of politics.

Kiskaloo wrote:Upotte!! (Episode 05) - This show is more ridiculous and disturbing with each episode...

...but I am learning stuff about guns. Go figure.

Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 SG550

Oh... don't fuck with the Finns... Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 18822
I haven't seen the Ep yet, but I have read the Manga, and the two seem to be pretty identical, so I know what disturbing part you talk of *shivers*
I too am learing a lot about guns, and you are corret sir. Don't. Fuck. With.SiG. Products.
Also true on Raimbow Six Veagus 2, the SiG SG552 Comando is the best assualt rifle avalible, despite being the first availible. Just wanted to throw that out there. And the G3 kicks ass on Veagus 2 as well when used on semi-auto with a rifle scope in lew of an actual sniper rifle. And I used that Random Fire joke on MW3, didn't work out well though because Infinity Ward wouldn't be able to portray the weapons realistically if thier lives depended on it! (tunrs out putting rapid fir on the M14 and tapping the trigger enough to emulate full-auto is pretty accurate)
I'll shut up before I get really off track Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 61015 Go g3 and SG550.

Kiskaloo wrote:And man, they REALLY don't like the L85. Very Happy
Nobody does. At least anybody that knows about it's poor history anyway Razz
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sun 6 May 2012 - 7:23

it's unlikely to be either gun,more likely some bastard offspring of a weapon with various bits taken from several other weapons,probably bullpup and definitely built in the UK
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Sun 6 May 2012 - 8:13

Awinnell wrote:it's unlikely to be either gun,more likely some bastard offspring of a weapon with various bits taken from several other weapons,probably bullpup and definitely built in the UK
Pity, all would be good choices.

Upotte!! Ep 05: As I watched this, I was beggining to think they left out the grotty, disturbing bit. They didn't. I'm alsomt scared to see if they make it more disturbing.
I was pretty ammused at the chick loosing her undies though Razz, that was funny. But I have to say that using the M16 as like a revolver is just stupid. It works with a revolver because it's a handgun. The rifle is a lot bigger that a handgun, and not designed to be fire one handed.
He-he, "field stripping".
Imma be quiet now Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 61015.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 9 May 2012 - 0:11

Space Brothers (Episode 06) - Continues to be excellent.

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (Episode 05) - Kirie Kanoe not just for the win, but the Epic Win.

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san (Episode 05) - Still ridiculously funny.

Hyouka (Episode 03) - Kyoto Animation's work is always pleasant to the eye and Eru Chitanda is just too cute not to watch.

AKB0048 (Episode 02) - This show makes my head hurt. In the "Battle of the Idol Anime", Natsu-iro Kiskei is kicking this show's ass.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 Sun 13 May 2012 - 15:24

Piero wrote:Despite some misgivings I've really been enjoying Jormungand quite a bit. Although oddly enough given the way it was marketed the series seems to be at it's best when the amount of shooting is kept to a minimum. Laughing (Additionally, the even numbered episodes have generally been better than the odd numbered ones thus far, though at only four episodes in it may be a bit early for noting trends like that.)

Spoiler:

Personally, I think episode five broke that trend spectacularly. We get to see Jonah's tragic past, and then watch him proceed to spectacularly take revenge for that tragic past. Also, we learn his motives for joining up with Koko.

Also, I see Jonah x FNC/Funco-chan is now with 100% more tsundere!
SPARTAN 119
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Mon 14 May 2012 - 1:17

Does anyone think we could use a seperate thread for Upotte?

Kiskaloo wrote:AKB0048 (Episode 02) - This show makes my head hurt. In the "Battle of the Idol Anime", Natsu-iro Kiskei is kicking this show's ass.

I more or less agree -Natsuiro Kiseki may not be the greatest show ever, but I'm still watching it while I gave up on AKB0048 after one episode.

SPARTAN 119 wrote:
Piero wrote:Despite some misgivings I've really been enjoying Jormungand quite a bit. Although oddly enough given the way it was marketed the series seems to be at it's best when the amount of shooting is kept to a minimum. Laughing (Additionally, the even numbered episodes have generally been better than the odd numbered ones thus far, though at only four episodes in it may be a bit early for noting trends like that.)

Spoiler:

Personally, I think episode five broke that trend spectacularly. We get to see Jonah's tragic past, and then watch him proceed to spectacularly take revenge for that tragic past. Also, we learn his motives for joining up with Koko.

Also, I see Jonah x FNC/Funco-chan is now with 100% more tsundere!

Yeah, episode five was something of a trend breaker. Jonah's one man army sequence in the flashback was pretty awesome (I particularly liked how the soldiers started shooting at each other in the dark because they couldn't tell what was going on).

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Mon 14 May 2012 - 5:50

Piero wrote:Does anyone think we could use a seperate thread for Upotte?
Mayhaps, I have commented on it's growing popularity on the Girls With Guns thread.
I wonder if this sort of thing happened before Black Lagoon and/or Strike Witches got thier own sections?
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Mon 14 May 2012 - 6:32

And fianally, I would like to see them switch to the AK, so that they go
from 'jams every hundred or so rounds' to 'most reliable rifle in the
world'

The AK-47 may be reliable, but it's because of loose tolerances, which makes for terrible accuracy. There;s a reason they say you can hit the side of a barn with one, from the inside.
The AK-74 is somewhat better, but you have to look at NATO requirements when factoring this stuff. No NATO country is going to switch to the 5.45x39 cartridge because it complicates the ammunition supply line, which is based around US ammunition coding.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 Mon 14 May 2012 - 8:55

As some other anime I've been watching:

Nazo No Kanojo X (ep 4): OK, so now the magic saliva transfers injuries... Well, there goes the theory that her saliva naturally contains LSD. Although that does make me wonder, would it work in reverse: if one who was affected by her saliva were to ingest it while injured, would it heal them. Also, potential yuri.

Tasogare Otome X Amnesia (up to ep 5 (I think): Liking this one so far, trolling ghost FTW. Although, I am waiting for them to go further into the actual mystery of what happened to Yuuko and what's with that shrine thing in the room she was trapped in.
SPARTAN 119
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Tue 15 May 2012 - 2:23

maverick375 wrote:
world'

The AK-47 may be reliable, but it's because of loose tolerances, which makes for terrible accuracy. There;s a reason they say you can hit the side of a barn with one, from the inside.
The AK-74 is somewhat better, but you have to look at NATO requirements when factoring this stuff. No NATO country is going to switch to the 5.45x39 cartridge because it complicates the ammunition supply line, which is based around US ammunition coding.
The desighn has been upgraded with the 100 series (AK-103, AK-104, AK-105)
I was thinking that politics would be the main problem. Can't have a western nation like Britain using a 'communist' weapon like a Kalashnikov. I can't decide whether America would be shittier with them using something Russian or something Chinese.
Back to the AK for a sec, there are about twnety or thirty weapons that I kno of (and probably more on top), that are basiaclly remoddled AK's or use it's firing mecanism. e.g. Bizon PP-19
Though they Britain could just go with the AUG or did what Australia did with the AUG and completely rip off the design. But remember, it's not a Steyr AUG, it's the Austeyr F88.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 0utf0xZer0 Tue 15 May 2012 - 2:59

maverick375 wrote:
world'

Now I'm curious what the non-metaphorical accuracy of an AK-47 is.

(Come to think of it, I actually know someone who would know... He lived in Russia until the early 90s and apparently learned to fire and maintain AKs in high school.)
0utf0xZer0
0utf0xZer0

Male

Forum Posts : 265

Fan of : Claes and Angelica

Original Characters : Work in progress

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Tue 15 May 2012 - 4:04

0utf0xZer0 wrote:
maverick375 wrote:
world'

Now I'm curious what the non-metaphorical accuracy of an AK-47 is.

(Come to think of it, I actually know someone who would know... He lived in Russia until the early 90s and apparently learned to fire and maintain AKs in high school.)
Sounds like a cool bloke. Share the results if you find out please? Thankie :3
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Tue 15 May 2012 - 17:06

these are the Idol Group that AKB0048 is based on

Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 Akb48m11

they are billed as the idols you can meet ,they perform daily at a theatre they own in Akihabara,they are split up into 4 teams A,K,B and team 4
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Tue 15 May 2012 - 22:39

Once again I'm going to suggest that we should start a separate thread for Upotte.

Episode Six of Jormungand was pretty awesome. There were a few bits that still came across as a bit awkward and jarring, but the show is proving itself to be much better at action scenes than Episodes one and three suggested. One of my favorite bits of the episode however was Koko's response to the Pirate's demands. Always great to have some ojou type yell out something very un-ojou like "kiss my ass!" Laughing (Although I'm pretty sure that was actually a loose translation.)

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Thu 17 May 2012 - 5:20

Piero wrote:Once again I'm going to suggest that we should start a separate thread for Upotte.
It seems like a good idea to me. I got a couple of things we could discuss, such as 'which weapon are you?', 'where are all the LMGs?' and 'in what level would a moddular weapon that can be chambered for several different rounds be?'
Also, 'the plot seems to be... well... uh... to be blunt, a little on the shite side'. (bear in mind I have only seen up to ep 05 since we is runnin' low in Megabites)

Me and one of me mates at school were discussing the first at school, was an interesting chat to say the least.
Did you wanna know the result?
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 17 May 2012 - 9:31

My only interest in Upotte! is how bad it can get. As such, I don't think it's worthy of it's own thread, but...
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Fri 18 May 2012 - 1:18

I'd kind of like a seperate thread so the show can be discussed without worrying about drowning out discussion of the other shows this season.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Fri 18 May 2012 - 3:22

Kiskaloo wrote:My only interest in Upotte! is how bad it can get. As such, I don't think it's worthy of it's own thread, but...
Piero wrote:I'd kind of like a seperate thread so the show can be
discussed without worrying about drowning out discussion of the other
shows this season.
Not stealing any other shows thunder seems like a good enough reason to me.
And Kisk, I agree at least partly with you. The shows story is about as shite as they come, however, it can be amusing at times.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 18 May 2012 - 12:46

Piero wrote:I'd kind of like a seperate thread so the show can be discussed without worrying about drowning out discussion of the other shows this season.

Upotte!! seems to be the only show we are discussing, however. The rest have been weekly "Series Opinion Updates" from two or three of us.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Fri 18 May 2012 - 23:47

Kiskaloo wrote:
Piero wrote:I'd kind of like a seperate thread so the show can be discussed without worrying about drowning out discussion of the other shows this season.

Upotte!! seems to be the only show we are discussing, however. The rest have been weekly "Series Opinion Updates" from two or three of us.

He's right! Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 249988

That's not sarcasm by the way, I really hadn't noticed that.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Sat 19 May 2012 - 12:15

Moving the Upotte discussion to a seperate thread might encourage discussion on some of the other shows though. I'll admit it might not be overly likely, but there are reasons I've held back from saying too much in the Upotte discussions here, and one of the reasons is that I don't want the discussion about it here to start getting too big.

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 19 May 2012 - 13:00

Most of the Season Threads seem to focus on one show, so I imagine it's just that Upotte!! has gunslinging girls that it generates the discussion. I'm downloading Episode 07 now.

Though I admit I am surprised that with this forum's obsession with zombies that shows like High School of the Dead, Sankarea and Kore was Zombie desu ka? OF THE DEAD are not generating active discussions.

Speaking of Sankarea, against my better judgement I have continued to watch it, just finishing Episode 07 this morning and while it won't be winning any awards, it's not yet the train wreck I feared after Episode 03.

Six episodes in to Eureka Seven AO, I find that when it tries to do what Eureka Seven did best (action and music) it is pretty good. Otherwise - not so much. Overall, I don't think it will measure up to the original, even if AO is a much better male lead than Reston ever was.

Space Brothers is probably my favorite show of the season in that it's honest and entertaining. Showing the 787 doesn't hurt, either. Smile I do hope they make Mutta an astronaut candidate really quickly because the story needs to move on to the space mission training if it's only 12 episodes.

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san is just slap-stick insanity and I love slap-stick. They have kept it fresh in the new 30 minute formula so I give them kudos for that.

My enjoyment of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia is pretty much due to how awesome Yūko Kanoe is. If not for her, I'd probably have dropped it.

As for Hyouka, I like the mystery-solving aspect of it. It's kind of like a cross between Haruhi and UN-GO. And the fact that Eru Chitanda looks like how KoyoAni would have drawn Angelica if they had the GSG contract doesn't hurt, even if as a character her personality is nothing special.

Sengoku Collection is another one that is entertaining, but nothing amazing. As an anthology show it's nice that each episode is completely self-contained so they don't leave you with any cliffhangers and you can watch it when you want. The generals also are generally adorable.

I think that Natsu-iro Kiskei is the best of the "idol shows", but that is probably because while the cast are idols, the story isn't about becoming an idol (as is the case with AKB0048 and The iDOLM@STER).

As for Upotte!! Episode 07, the show continues to conceptually make no sense, but in terms of content, this episode was mostly groan-free. And SiG is much cuter with short hair, though FNC still remains the most adorable.

And here is the Eye Catch:

Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 Professor
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Sun 20 May 2012 - 0:47

Kiskaloo wrote:Though I admit I am surprised that with this forum's obsession with zombies that shows like High School of the Dead, Sankarea and Kore was Zombie desu ka? OF THE DEAD are not generating active discussions.
I though the Z-word was forbiden? I'm pretty sure a read a rant from Natch about how it was forbiden. Maybe I'm wrong Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 389343.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 20 May 2012 - 1:29

Kiskaloo wrote:Though I admit I am surprised that with this forum's obsession with zombies that shows like High School of the Dead, Sankarea and Kore was Zombie desu ka? OF THE DEAD are not generating active discussions.
I thought the Z-word was forbiden? I'm pretty sure a read a rant from Natch about how it was forbiden. Maybe I'm wrong Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 389343.

I may be wrong, but I thought Nacht was one of the biggest zombie fans on the board.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Sun 20 May 2012 - 1:49

Kiskaloo wrote:As for Upotte!! Episode 07, the show continues to conceptually make no sense, but in terms of content, this episode was mostly groan-free. And SiG is much cuter with short hair, though FNC still remains the most adorable.

You think a lack of groan worthy content is a good thing? The awfulness is part of what makes Upotte so entertaining!

Also, I think the show is really overplaying the M16s supposed delicacy. The Canadian Diemaco C7 is basically a license built M16 variant and I doubt our forces would accept a rifle that couldn't take a little cold weather.

Speaking of which, I doubt any C7s will show up in the series, but I think if the C7A1 was a character in the series she ought to have a pair of glasses which she has to constantly adjust. Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 684325 (Canada decided to make a 3.4x Elcan scope called a C79 standard issue with the C7A1. Those scopes apparently had very nice glass, but a combination of external adjustment knobs and a fragile mount base meant one could lose the zero or even the actual scope!)

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Sun 20 May 2012 - 6:06

Kiskaloo wrote:
I thought the Z-word was forbiden? I'm pretty sure a read a rant from Natch about how it was forbiden. Maybe I'm wrong Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 389343.

I may be wrong, but I thought Nacht was one of the biggest zombie fans on the board.
Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 5181 Hmm, interesting...

Piero wrote:
Kiskaloo wrote:As for Upotte!!
Episode 07, the show continues to conceptually make no sense, but in
terms of content, this episode was mostly groan-free. And SiG is much
cuter with short hair, though FNC still remains the most
adorable.

You think a lack of groan worthy content is a good thing? The awfulness is part of what makes Upotte so entertaining!

Also,
I think the show is really overplaying the M16s supposed delicacy. The
Canadian Diemaco C7 is basically a license built M16 variant and I
doubt our forces would accept a rifle that couldn't take a little cold
weather.

Speaking of which, I doubt any C7s will show up in the
series, but I think if the C7A1 was a character in the series she ought
to have a pair of glasses which she has to constantly adjust. Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 684325
(Canada decided to make a 3.4x Elcan scope called a C79 standard issue
with the C7A1. Those scopes apparently had very nice glass, but a
combination of external adjustment knobs and a fragile mount base meant
one could lose the zero or even the actual scope!)
So that's what it is, the show is so crap it's good, or some such shit.
And the Canadian rifle scop thing, not the worst rifle debuckle I've ever hears, but definately top ten. And talking of characters that will never apear, the rest of the AK variants. There are heaps of the buggers! Ak-47, AK-74, AKS-47u, AKS-74u, Bizon PP-19 (an SMG but uses tha AK mechanism), RPK(LMG varient),... etc.
Just check, according to one forum, there are over 7 million varients, not inclding derivatives such as the Galil.

I get the feeling I've said this before... long story short, all the AKs won't feture becuase they wouldn't fit. It'd be like on of those hillbilly families with nine thousand children.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 20 May 2012 - 10:21

Piero wrote:
Kiskaloo wrote:As for Upotte!! Episode 07, the show continues to conceptually make no sense, but in terms of content, this episode was mostly groan-free. And SiG is much cuter with short hair, though FNC still remains the most adorable.

Can't argue that.

Piero wrote:Also, I think the show is really overplaying the M16s supposed delicacy. The Canadian Diemaco C7 is basically a license built M16 variant and I doubt our forces would accept a rifle that couldn't take a little cold weather.

And then she goes out in a miniskirt and tennis shoes. Doh!

Still, compared to what they do to the L85, the M-16 gets off easy. Smile

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 13:02; edited 1 time in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sun 20 May 2012 - 11:45

Kiskaloo wrote:Still, compared to what they do to the L85, the M-16 gets off easy. Smile

funnily enough,even though she never fired a shot all episode, Eru caused the most destruction by far !
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Mon 21 May 2012 - 17:37

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:And talking of characters that will never apear, the rest of the AK variants.

Apparently in the manga version the AKs (and some other weapons chambered in Eastern Bloc calibres) go to a different school. And cause quite a bit of trouble for the protagonists.

Kiskaloo wrote:Still, compared to what they do to the L85, the M-16 gets off easy. Smile

I'm bothered by the portrayal of the L85A1 as well, but more because they portray it as an inaccurate rifle than because they portray it as a fragile and unreliable one. The impression I've gotten is that for all it's flaws the L85A1 was a fairly accurate assault rifle.

In other news, my anime watching buddies wanted to watch AKB 0048 during our last session, and since the second episode seemed a lot less painful than the first the series is now back on my watch list. We'll see how long it stays there. Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 684325

Kiskaloo wrote:Space Brothers is probably my favorite show of the season in that it's honest and entertaining. Showing the 787 doesn't hurt, either. Smile I do hope they make Mutta an astronaut candidate really quickly because the story needs to move on to the space mission training if it's only 12 episodes.

Space Bros is indeed awesome. And from what I understand the twelve episode thing was a mix up (see the update to the news story below, though it's not entirely clear how long the series is going to be.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-04-02/space-brothers-anime-projected-to-end-on-june-27

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Mon 21 May 2012 - 18:14

Piero wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:And talking of characters that will never apear, the rest of the AK variants.
Apparently in the manga version the AKs (and some other weapons chambered in Eastern Bloc calibres) go to a different school. And cause quite a bit of trouble for the protagonists.
I knew it! the whole Western Vs. Eastern thing, I am much disapointed Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 18822. Whatever happend to "technology itself is niether inherantly good nor evil, the manner in which it's used is".

Still, that must be a prtty big campus for the Eastern gear, there's at least ten shit-loads of AKs.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Mon 21 May 2012 - 18:26

Piero wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:And talking of characters that will never appear, the rest of the AK variants.
I knew it! the whole Western Vs. Eastern thing, I am much disappointed Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 18822. Whatever happened to "technology itself is neither inherently good nor evil, the manner in which it's used is".

Still, that must be a pretty big campus for the Eastern gear, there's at least ten shit-loads of AKs.

It just mirrors real world politics,the cold war resulted in a uneven split in East versus West weapons users,if they buy a western assault rifle chances are all their other small arms will be as well,

but far more of the worlds regimes operate Eastern style armies, larger armies with conscripts and a lot less training (if any), so they tended to buy the cheaper and easier to train on Ak's etc,

as part of their difference in doctrine eastern Bloc trained soldiers are trained to put a lot of rounds downrange,but not with any great accuracy,to help with this the fire selector on an AK goes safe,full auto,semi,

unlike western guns that go safe, semi, full auto (or three round burst)
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 21 May 2012 - 21:20

Piero wrote:In other news, my anime watching buddies wanted to watch AKB 0048 during our last session, and since the second episode seemed a lot less painful than the first the series is now back on my watch list. We'll see how long it stays there. Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 684325

I left with Episode 03 (Episode 04 hit the web today). Smile
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Tue 22 May 2012 - 4:14

Awinnell wrote:
Piero wrote:
Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:And talking of characters that will never appear, the rest of the AK variants.
I knew it! the whole Western Vs. Eastern thing, I am much disappointed Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 18822. Whatever happened to "technology itself is neither inherently good nor evil, the manner in which it's used is".

Still, that must be a pretty big campus for the Eastern gear, there's at least ten shit-loads of AKs.

It just mirrors real world politics,the cold war resulted in a uneven split in East versus West weapons users,if they buy a western assault rifle chances are all their other small arms will be as well,

but far more of the worlds regimes operate Eastern style armies, larger armies with conscripts and a lot less training (if any), so they tended to buy the cheaper and easier to train on Ak's etc,

as part of their difference in doctrine eastern Bloc trained soldiers are trained to put a lot of rounds downrange,but not with any great accuracy,to help with this the fire selector on an AK goes safe,full auto,semi,

unlike western guns that go safe, semi, full auto (or three round burst)
Hmm, still seems like an over used plot east Vs. west. And cheap, I mean, it's the sort of thing someone un-origonal like myself would come up with. Why not mix it up a little like... I dunno, just something other than east Vs. west. If I want that, I'll read some Clancey.
I know, have the different continents rather than east/west. Europe would have an unfair advantage though, having some of the worlds major weapon producers within.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 26 May 2012 - 14:05

Upotte!! (Episode 08): A maid cafe... how original. Not.

If our OC SWA ever held a school festival, this is probably how it would turn out. We get one of the teachers this week for the eye-catch:

Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 M1928A1

Sankarea (Episode 08) - Chihiro and Wanko were both pretty creepy this episode - and not in the "horror" sense. I sense the train may be coming off the tracks.

Sengoku Collection (Episode 08) - The parade of adorable generals continues and that is the only real reason to watch it as most of the recent stories have been dull. It was nice to have Oda Nobunaga back in a main role.

Eureka Seven AO (Episode 07) - Shit just got real. However, I still run hot and cold on this one. Like ~Fam~, I am not sure this was a sequel worth pursuing. The action is solid, but it just doesn't do comedy well, at all.

Natsu-iro Kiskei (Episodes 07 + 08) - Again, not a great show, but one that consistently delivers entertainment value (as Tamayura ~hitose~ did last season). Looking forward to the Vocal Collections and I want Episode 07's insert song (already own the OP+ED, which are brilliant).

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Sat 26 May 2012 - 18:32; edited 1 time in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Sat 26 May 2012 - 14:08

Kiskaloo wrote:Upotte!! (Episode 08): A maid cafe... how original. Not.

If our OC SWA ever held a school festival, this is probably how it would turn out.

If they want something origonal, have a man hunt. They are guns after all, perfect for hunting. And you can take money from those you catch.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 12:55

Sankarea (Episode 09)

Spring 2012 Anime - Page 2 Well_Played
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next