Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring 2012 Anime

+10
Officer_Charon
Robert Frazer
Three Dog
Awinnell
maverick375
MadHatChemist
Piero
Alfisti
Entropy
Kiskaloo
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Spring 2012 Anime Empty Spring 2012 Anime

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 2 Mar 2012 - 13:33

TV Series

Eureka Seven Ao - Didn't like the movie, but loved the original series, so I'll certainly give it a shot.

AKB0048 - Well, IDOLM@STER was cute girls acting cute and I endured 20+ episodes of that… sweat

Movies

Strike Witches: The Movie - I'm flying to Tokyo to see that one in the theaters. Yes Indeed

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - Always willing to watch anything Yamato at least once (and often only once. Razz ).

Momo e no Tegami - Sounds interesting.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Fri 2 Mar 2012 - 19:56; edited 1 time in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Spring 2012 Anime Empty Re: Spring 2012 Anime

Post by Entropy Fri 2 Mar 2012 - 15:04

That chart is rather old. Try this one on for size:

http://static.neregate.com/2012/02/neregate.com-Spring-2012-Anime-v3.1.png

When it comes to GSG fans, Upotte might be of interest, but it's premise is a little strange.

Jormungand might also be of interest, as it involves illegal weapon smuggling and child soldiers.

Tsuritama looks like it could be rather unique, and Nazo no Kanojo X also looks somewhat absurd.
Entropy
Entropy

Male

Forum Posts : 347

Original Characters : Livia/Nero

Comments : The wonderful human being previously known as tsundere357

Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 2 Mar 2012 - 22:15

Kiskaloo wrote:Eureka Seven Ao - Didn't like the movie, but loved the original series, so I'll certainly give it a shot.
*sigh... I wanted to like Eureka7, I really did: Eureka was cute, the animation was nice, the style was cool, the soundtrack was epic and it had sky-surfing mechs. Let me reitterate that: SKY. SURFING. MECHS.

But Renton just killed it for me. I gave in after the first ten or so episodes.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 2 Mar 2012 - 23:12

Alfisti wrote:
Kiskaloo wrote:Eureka Seven Ao - Didn't like the movie, but loved the original series, so I'll certainly give it a shot.
*sigh... I wanted to like Eureka7, I really did: Eureka was cute, the animation was nice, the style was cool, the soundtrack was epic and it had sky-surfing mechs. Let me reitterate that: SKY. SURFING. MECHS.

But Renton just killed it for me. I gave in after the first ten or so episodes.

Renton sucked, but then so often child male leads do so I kinda rolled with it. I mean I survived Alfred Izuruha in Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket. Wink

My first exposure to the show was with Episode 34 ("Inner Flight") on Cartoon Network and I found it interesting enough to watch a few more episodes at which point I started renting the DVDs from Netflix.

Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Fri 2 Mar 2012 - 23:37

I like Girls with Guns stuff and even I think Upotte sounds freaking awful. Granted the descriptions on these charts have a tendency to be pretty cringeworthy, but even so...

I've heard good things about Eureka 7, so maybe I should try the original before the new one comes out. If I like it I can check out the new one.

AKB0048 is basically a promo anime for an idol group being done with the involvement of Shoji Kawamori and Mari Okada. To paraphrase someone else's take on things "Either it's going to be the most awesome thing ever or it's going to suck." Laughing Well, actually it might not be quite that extreme, but it's a funny way to put it.

Piero

Male

Forum Posts : 2617

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist Sat 24 Mar 2012 - 19:07

The shows that I'll give a chance:

Upotte! -- Sounds like Akikan! but with guns... I'll give any girls+guns show a try.

Hyou-ka -- There's been some good horror/mystery anime lately, so I'll give this one a try too

Kore wa Zombie desu ka? OF THE DEAD -- The original show mostly devolved into a harem type of situation... however, it also had some good moments of birzarre and ultaviolent scenes that were so out there, it was worth watching the series for (seriously, a transvestite mahou "shoujo" slicing someone up with a chainslaw is so warped it transends to awesome).

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san -- Related to the WTF Hayoru! Nyaruani anime, the Cthulhu stuff will probably get me to watch at least a few episodes to see if they learned from the previous series... or if I just loose sanity points.

Yurumates -- Not sure where this "slice of life" show will go, but I'm curious enough to at least watch a few shows.

Nazo no Kanojo X (Myserious Girlfriend X) -- Loved the manga. How can you go wrong with magical drool?

Uchuu Kyoudai
-- I get a "Planetes" vibe from this. The set-up sounds potentially like the one that Avatar used, but without those stupid Thunder Smurfs
MadHatChemist
MadHatChemist

Male

Forum Posts : 441

Fan of : Triela & Claes

Original Characters : None.

Comments : n/a

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 1 Apr 2012 - 13:44

Natsuiro Kiseki

An anime series created for the members of the band Sphere. I'm a fan of their music (they have done some great OP/ED for a number of anime series I like), but this first episode didn't really set anything up...

Ozuma

I'm a fan of Leiji Matsumoto, but I must admit this one didn't much grab me.

Space Brothers

The first episode generated some good buzz with the Anime News Network reviewers. I agree with them that this is a show that needs more than one episode to get a feel for, therefore I will add it to my watch list for the moment.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Sun 1 Apr 2012 - 20:39

Space Brothers already has me hooked. Smile That's one series I'm definitely looking forward to.

Aside from that there's a lot of stuff I'm interested in this season. Some of that's because of people whose previous work I've enjoyed being involved in new projects. Even thought they may be different series from the ones I'd previously enjoyed their involvement still means something to me. Combine with some interesting new shows and a couple ongoing ones and I may have a rather full anime watching plate for the first few weeks of the season til I start to decide what to weed out. Laughing

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Sun 1 Apr 2012 - 22:01

Does anyone know if anyone has picked up the US localization for Panty&Stocking w/ Garterbelt? Does anyone have the cahones to touch it? Hell, I'd take a subbed dvd release.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 1 Apr 2012 - 22:12

maverick375 wrote:Does anyone know if anyone has picked up the US localization for Panty&Stocking w/ Garterbelt? Does anyone have the cahones to touch it? Hell, I'd take a subbed dvd release.

Funimation is streaming it on their site, but they have not announced any DVD release. (Evidently P&S is not to be released in Blu-ray outside of Japan, so I will stick with my Blu-ray fansubs.)

Manga UK announced yesterday they will release it as an R2 DVD this year along with Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Ōkami-san & Her Seven Companions, Squid Girl, Princess Resurrection and The World God Only Knows.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-03-31/puella-magi-madoka-magica-and-panty-and-stocking-announced-by-manga

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Sun 1 Apr 2012 - 22:16; edited 1 time in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Entropy Sun 1 Apr 2012 - 22:15

maverick375 wrote:Does anyone know if anyone has picked up the US localization for Panty&Stocking w/ Garterbelt? Does anyone have the cahones to touch it? Hell, I'd take a subbed dvd release.

Funimation got the license about a year ago. Haven't set a release date for home video quite yet, I don't think.

There were rumors abound that adult swim was going to pick it up but it's still probably going to be a while before it's even available for American broadcast.
Entropy
Entropy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 13:03

Upotte!! - 01

Spring 2012 Anime Pony_Laugh

Oh...my...god...

The absolute antithesis of Gunslinger Girl. God save us when the crossover fics start. Guh?

While I expect this show to train wreck harder than the ICE did in Eschede, I will continue to watch it just for the LULZ.

And the fan service. sweat

I will say the background animation is gorgeous, but they didn't extend that to the character animation. Also, looks like the lame OPs and EDs from last season continue. As much a disappointment Ano Natsu de Matteru ended up being, it did have an excellent OP and ED.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Entropy Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 22:42

Well, Upotte was downright baffling. Not since the ending to ME3 have I felt so uncomfortably confused.
Entropy
Entropy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 22:58

Kiskaloo wrote:Upotte!! - 01

Spring 2012 Anime Pony_Laugh
Yes Dash, I have to agree with you there...

...Sometimes I don't mind watching a trainwreck, but this time I made it 15 minutes into the first episode and turned it off.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sun 8 Apr 2012 - 3:49

the girls are the spiritual embodiment of the guns,the characteristics of each weapon are shown in their bodies and clothing ,hence the thong for a skeleton stock and big boobs for a bullpup design

Spring 2012 Anime Upotte10

the background on that should be white not sure how to change it
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 8 Apr 2012 - 11:05

Awinnell wrote:the girls are the spiritual embodiment of the guns,the characteristics of each weapon are shown in their bodies and clothing ,hence the thong for a skeleton stock and big boobs for a bullpup design

I understand why they did it, I just still find it a rather ridiculous concept.

Then again, the manga is said to have sold over 2 million copies in Japan, so what do I know? Smile Hell, Spring 2012 Anime 592421 says it ends up being my Guilty Pleasure Anime of 2012. sweat

Here is the "eye catch" from Episode 01:

Spring 2012 Anime FNC
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Mon 9 Apr 2012 - 1:11

After your guys' comments, I pretty much had to give Upotte a try. Wow, just... wow. I think I might have literally been saying "ow, ow, ow" on at least one occasion while watching because of how cringeworthy some of it was. Laughing

Then again, this probably isn't that far removed from letting real world aircraft info factor into the developments of Strike Witches 1991 OCs... sweat

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Mon 9 Apr 2012 - 4:52

Kiskaloo wrote:Strike Witches: The Movie - I'm flying to Tokyo to see that one in the theaters. Spring 2012 Anime 735198

Does anyone know when, or rather if, Strike Witches: The Movie will come out in english (or at least with english subs)? I've seen the trailer, but unfortunately, didn't understand because I don't speak JapaneseSpring 2012 Anime 361650, but it looked alright. (I'll quickly appologise to anyone who may be offended if the trailer wasn't actually Japanese and is Korean or something else, I'm not really good at distungishing between laungaues, 'cept a few european ones when written, and even less when spoken)

Entropy wrote:

That chart is rather old. Try this one on for size:

http://static.neregate.com/2012/02/neregate.com-Spring-2012-Anime-v3.1.png

Had a look, and do my eyes decieve me, or was that really Thomas the Tank Engine?Spring 2012 Anime 249988

And does anyone know where I can watch Upotte without having to download it. It sounds like it might be kinda, maybe, possibly, perhaps, sort of, perchance, potentially, mayhaps be alright. But then peoples was saying it ain't that great, and I thought I'd better find out for myself.

Last edited by Destroyer of Worlds ;D on Mon 9 Apr 2012 - 4:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bloody gammer)
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Forum Posts : 1243

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Original Characters : Yes, and there are a lot (around 25-ish I think)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Registration date : 2012-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Mon 9 Apr 2012 - 6:36

Had a look, and do my eyes decieve me, or was that really Thomas the Tank Engine?

People got a little excited when it was first announced, expecting an actual anime adaptation, but it's actually just a common dub of the regular show for children's television. Rumours that Norio Wakamoto is playing the Fat Controller remain unsubstantiated.

With regards to Upotte!, it apparently throws in some drama as it progresses:

Spring 2012 Anime Upotte1

...I'm not sure whether that makes it more or less embarrassing, though!
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 9 Apr 2012 - 10:32

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:And does anyone know where I can watch Upotte without having to download it. It sounds like it might be kinda, maybe, possibly, perhaps, sort of, perchance, potentially, mayhaps be alright. But then peoples was saying it ain't that great, and I thought I'd better find out for myself.

Crunchyroll has licensed it for streaming in the US.

Interesting, the show is actually an ONA - Original Net Animation - so it's broadcast on the Internet in Japan.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 12:14

With the exception of agreeing that Upotte!! sucks and Space Brothers doesn't, Anime News Network's reviewers are of differing opinions on most of the shows this season so I've had to see for myself how they pan out.

Speaking of Space Brothers, episode 2 was entertaining enough to keep me watching.

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san - One of the things I found good about the ONA Haiyoru! Nyaruani: Remember My Mr. Lovecraft was that the episodes were only 3 minutes in length. I have my doubts that extending them to 30 in Haiyore! Nyaruko-san is a prudent choice. This show is bonkers and Nyarlathotep is totally off the hook, but I am concerned that they won't be able to keep this show fresh over such a long running period and it will grow wearisome.

Sankarea - Not a fan of zombies so a show about a zombie otaku with a corpse fetish... That being said, very nicely animated and Rea Sanka is very easy on the eyes. If the zombie aspect is just a feint and this show turns into a non-SHAFT style romantic comedy, I'll probably stay with it. But if it is about zombies or SHAFT, I will bail. Also, the first time I have seen a guy with nekomimi (hair)...

Sengoku Collection - This shows has really polarized the ANN reviewers. Some love it and some hate it. At the moment, Oda Nobunaga's all-tsun and no-dere characterization has it's appeal, but we'll see. I will note the animation quality is atrocious (which is weird when they did the opening 60 seconds nice).

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - I tend to like both supernatural thrillers and over-the-top comedies and this is a mixture of both. That being said, I am indifferent about most of the cast with the exception of Momoe Okonogi, who must die. Evidently we get the origin story next week, so that will likely determine if I stay with this.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 0:07

I tried the new Lupin III series. It was very heavy on fan service, had an art style and/or colour palette I didn't much care for, and sort of seemed to be missing something(s). I'd enjoyed my previous extremely limited experience with Lupin III quite a bit, but so far I'm not too big on this one.

Fate/Zero also just resumed recently. I'd previously thought that the series was much better when it was doing kick ass fight scenes than when it was info dumping, however this was a pretty action heavy episode and for some reason it didn't do it for me very much. Plus the aerial dogfight seemed a bit out of place.

Mysterious Girlfriend X... uh... WTF? So far the defining traits of this series seem to be suggestive imagery and an emphasis on saliva.

Not quite sure what to make of Natsuiro Kiseki at this point. For good or bad, the issues the girls were having seemed kind of like issues you could get among a real group of girls that age.

I've heard good things about Accel World's source material but so far it hasn't actually seemed all that special aside from having a short and fat protagonist.

As noted earlier, Space Brothers is high on my list.

Also, Bodacious Space Pirates is ongoing, and I'm liking the direction the latest arc seems to be headed. Smile

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 1:24

Mysterious GirlFriend X -- I <3 X-tan's magic drool! This is a well done and VA'ed series. Love the retro character designs and also the fact that we got a couple within the first episode rather then spend and entire series goofs and misunderstandings. Don't let the entire "magic drool" thing stop you from watching this great show. Best of the season so far.

Yurumate3D -- Another short 3" show, the first one was enjoyable enugh.

Sankarea
-- The first episode was mostly a background one, but the characters were decent, even the kid with the zombie-babe fetish. Overall decent so far, and hopefully they'll keep it up

Space Brothers
-- Good first episode with a solid basis. Should be a good solid & positive show.

Haiyore! Nyarlako
-- So...the great old ones are Otaku. The first episode was okay, though it didn't have the compressed pop of the shorter flash animation. The show could be a bit less Euclidian, though. I'll probably continue to watch this one.

Lupin III -- To sum of this show: Fujiko... VERY topless. The retro style is excellent and this is probably one of the adaptations most true to the original Monkey Punch manga. Definitaly going to keep on watching this.

Upotte! -- You will learn three things from this anime: 1). The M16A4 has an Osakan accent; 2). you will NEVER think of a guns hammer the same way again; 3). Shooting mescaline directly into your eyeballs is more sensible then the concept behind this show.

Kore wa Zombie desu Ka? OF THE DEAD -- The problem with the first season was the unevenness. The best parts were the bat-s**t insane ones with over-the-top violence. The first episode of this season gave us not only, like the first season, a chainsaw wielding mahou shojou transvestite zombie, but also attempted gay tentacle rape AND rainbow vomit!
MadHatChemist
MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 14 Apr 2012 - 0:16

Eureka Seven AO

Ao is not quite as whiney as Renton was in the original [I'm guessing he's Eureka's son] and Naru is a younger, not as hot version of Talho. Not sure if Denki Groove is doing this soundtrack, but I like the music so far. Not a fan of the ED. Animation looks good, as well.

Sankarea (Episode 02) - Why do I have a bad feeling what could have been a brilliant show just died for me. Please don't become a zombie /SHAFT show next episode. Spring 2012 Anime Pray

Sengoku Collection (Episode 02) - Ieyesu is adorable. And I liked her story. Sticking around for the next episode .

Natsuiro Kiseki (Episode 02) - Amusing enough episode to warrant another.

Upotte! (Episode 02) - They managed to keep the train on the rails this week, turning down the sexual innuendo and turning up the slapstick. While this show is tailored to gun otaku, gundamentalists might find it interesting since they spend time on weapon and bullet performance and their influence on strategy and tactics. We also learn that Seishou Academy is a K-12 institution and school placement is based on the ammunition the girls use. 9x19mm is for elementary school, 5.56x45mm is for middle school, and 7.62x51mm is for high school. Hate to see what the school spends on repair and refurbishment bills. And I still don't know why M16 wears an orange slice in her hair…

Spring 2012 Anime Upotte_01

Space Brothers (Episode 03) - Kind of a dull episode as it was mostly either expository or about the examinations, but still entertaining enough to keep watching.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Tue 17 Apr 2012 - 13:39; edited 2 times in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Sun 15 Apr 2012 - 12:48

Jormungand: Spposedly the source material for this series about a child soldier who ends up being employed as a arms dealer's bodyguard despite hating weapons is rather intellectual. The series hasn't impressed me very much on that front yet though. The fact that the nutty arms dealer girl has occasional moe moments and the use of action-movie esque elements in some scenes probably isn't helping my impression on that front either. On the plus side, someone taking note of the type of rifle the main character used led to the best piece of crossover fan art I've seen so far this season:

Spoiler:

So wrong yet sooooo funny. Laughing

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sun 15 Apr 2012 - 15:23

i wonder if the older girls/guns like the WWII era rifles are graduates ? and are the larger caliber weapons (.338,.50 etc) in college ?
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Sun 15 Apr 2012 - 15:28

The most important lesson to take away from the second episode of Upotte is that battle rifles are waaaay sexier than assault rifles. Razz

Kids on the Slope (Episode 1): I actually enjoyed this quite a bit considering that I'm not much of a fan of jazz music.
Natsuiro Kiseki (Episode 2): I wouldn't say this show has been all that great, but it has its good elements. Some of the "stuck together" stuff in this episode was actually fairly amusing.
Tsuritama (Episode 1): Not that big on this one.
Space Brothers (Episode 3): I enjoyed this episode a fair bit. I actually felt that Episode 2 was the weak episode of the three so far.

It's still pretty early in the season, so accurately predicting which shows are going to take off and which ones are going to falter is a bit difficult. There's also a couple series I'm interested in that haven't aired yet (I think).

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sun 15 Apr 2012 - 17:08

i noticed an error in the panel Kisk posted above, the L1A1 was the version of the FAL used by the British army, the Inch pattern or SLR version,it was semi automatic only, so shes a FAL not an SLR,unless she's actually a L2A1
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Sun 15 Apr 2012 - 18:28

And I still don't know why M16 wears an orange slice in her hair…

I'm led to understand that it's representative of the shape of an M16's rear sight or zeroing knob.

On that topic, I am honestly enjoying Upotte!, it's a genuinely enjoyable show. What is an "Upotte" supposed to be, though? Is it a Japanese onomatopeia for a weapon report?
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Entropy Sun 15 Apr 2012 - 18:53

Robert Frazer wrote:
And I still don't know why M16 wears an orange slice in her hair…

I'm led to understand that it's representative of the shape of an M16's rear sight or zeroing knob.

On that topic, I am honestly enjoying Upotte!, it's a genuinely enjoyable show. What is an "Upotte" supposed to be, though? Is it a Japanese onomatopeia for a weapon report?

My best guess is that it's a word for the firing of a shot, from pulling of trigger (U) to shot (Po) and then either the ringing out of the shot or possible recoil/loading of next round (tte).

The name of the 4koma is "Upotte!! Nano", with "nano" being a common feminine copula, I guess if I were to give a shot at giving it an English title I would say "Blam!! Tee-Hee", even though that would not really be accurate, it gives off a similar feeling.

EDIT: Well a simple Wikipedia search shows that it's just "teppou" (gun) spelled backwards. I still like my explanation better.

Last edited by Entropy on Sun 15 Apr 2012 - 21:20; edited 1 time in total
Entropy
Entropy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Sun 15 Apr 2012 - 20:17

After viewing a pic of the girl in question, that orange slice does look a LOT like the windage knob on the 16, so I could see that theory holding up.
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1472

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Mon 16 Apr 2012 - 1:52

I've been reminded of the fact that I also watched the first episodes of Sankarea and Dusk Maiden of Amnesia with my friends yesterday. Not entirely sure what to make of them so far, although one of the other guys and I had fun with commenting "too alive" during scenes of Sankarea where the male lead was around an attractive girl and didn't seem that keen on her. Spring 2012 Anime 684325

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 17 Apr 2012 - 13:37

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (Episode 02) - This show gives me more of a "SHAFT Vibe" than Sankarea, but should I have to give up Rea Sanka, Yuuko Kanoe looks to be a solid consolation prize. Good

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san (Episode 02) - Ridiculous enough to be LOL funny, this might become the Guilty Pleasure show of the Spring season. Looking forward to the other Cthulu goddesses from Haiyoru! Nyaruani to make their appearance.

And Antoni Gaudí evidently worshipped the Ancient Ones.

Spring 2012 Anime Cthulu_Cola
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Wed 18 Apr 2012 - 21:14

The second episode of Jormungand has improved my opinion of that show a lot. Koko is proving to actually be pretty awesome (if somewhat loco), and it was nice to see an episode that managed to be exciting even though the main characters didn't fire a single shot. If the series manages to be this awesome on a regular basis it could end up being very good.

On the other hand the second episode of Sankarea was rather creepy (and not because of the zombie stuff). Granted that may well have been intentional, but still...

Piero

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist Wed 18 Apr 2012 - 22:06

Mysterious GirlFriend X (Ep. 2) -- I'm really enjoying this show. Though the magic drool thing is odd, the relationship between the two is probably more realistic then every harem anime put together...ever. That fact that the show focuses on what happens after they start going out and the trials and tribulations of getting to know each other really helps set it apart.

Yurumate3D (ep. 2) -- Another amusing 3 minutes.

Sankarea
(ep 2) -- The fact that her father is a creepy and dirty old man was unsettling, but the main characters feel rather 3-D and hopefully they will develop further.

Space Brothers
(eps. 2-3) -- Decent and solid drama with a light "hard science" element set in the near future. Also, the cute doggie!

Haiyore! Nyarlako

(ep. 2) -- How can a show which shows Cthulhu trying to molest Nyarlathotep not be entertaining, but most of all Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn IA!!! IA!!!

Lupin III (ep. 2) -- Another solid episode. The old-school style and adult storylines is the Lupin series fans like me have been waiting for. Now with Jigan to go along with the nakid Fujiko!

Upotte! (ep. 2) -- They toned down the sexual innuendo and showed that there might be an amusing series underneath.

Kore wa Zombie desu Ka? OF THE DEAD -- Looks like this season is going to be uneven like the last one. Not enough random insanity or mindless madness. But the hope of another mind-warping episode like the first will keep me watching.
MadHatChemist
MadHatChemist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 20 Apr 2012 - 13:47

Sankarea (Episode 03) -

Spring 2012 Anime Picard_Finger

Well, that's one show dropped.

Which on reflection is perhaps a good thing as this show is seriously bi-polar in it's story. I was riveted by Rea Sanka's story, but I had no interest in anyone else in the show. And nice pun by the staff on giving Ranko Saōji the nickname "Wanko" considering she's there purely for fan service. Wink

Eurkea Seven AO (Episode 02) -

Spring 2012 Anime Fuck_Yeah

This is Eureka Seven, alright! cheers head bang dancin\\'

Sengoku Collection (Episode 03) - So this looks like an anthology type of show where each episode tells the story of one of the Sengoku period generals transported to the modern era and then at the end Nobunaga appears and takes their treasure so she can get back to the Sengoku period.

Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Fri 20 Apr 2012 - 20:01

Kiskaloo wrote:
Awinnell wrote:the girls are the spiritual embodiment of the guns,the characteristics of each weapon are shown in their bodies and clothing ,hence the thong for a skeleton stock and big boobs for a bullpup design

I understand why they did it, I just still find it a rather ridiculous concept.

Then again, the manga is said to have sold over 2 million copies in Japan, so what do I know? Smile Hell, Spring 2012 Anime 592421 says it ends up being my Guilty Pleasure Anime of 2012. sweat

Here is the "eye catch" from Episode 01:

Spring 2012 Anime FNC
Damn, so much is shown on that shot you can practically see her.... um, 'cha-cha'.
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sat 21 Apr 2012 - 5:01

Her 'Cha-Cha' ? do you mean her ejection port ?
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Sat 21 Apr 2012 - 8:10

Awinnell wrote:Her 'Cha-Cha' ? do you mean her ejection port ?
Nah, man, he means her breech Spring 2012 Anime 817766.
I was wondering why I can't find this show to watch, now Imma thinkin' 'cause it's banned in Australia. I'm not even gonna bother checking if it is. Too much stuff gets banned in Australia Spring 2012 Anime 95912.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Fan of : everyone but the man of many names: Jose/Guiseppe/Josef (And the comic space opera Scholck Mercenary)

Comments : 42: Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of the reverse entropy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sat 21 Apr 2012 - 8:53

Destroyer of Worlds ;D wrote:
I was wondering why I can't find this show to watch, now Imma thinkin' 'cause it's banned in Australia. I'm not even gonna bother checking if it is. Too much stuff gets banned in Australia Spring 2012 Anime 95912.
I don't think there's any licensing been sorted over here, hence you can't pick it up on crunchy-roll or similar. You can still download it, I got the first episode but honestly didn't bother going any further.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 21 Apr 2012 - 14:58

Upotte! (Episode 03) - Back to the sexual innuendo and fan service with this episode (with more to come when the DVD/BRDs are released), though their ripping on the L85A1 was amusing and SiG-chan's use of her rifle as a katana was impressive.

I expect this anime will be a massive success in Japan, however, since it has everything an otaku could ask for - cute young girls who have the Moe Dial cranked to 11, fan service, nudity and guns.

Spring 2012 Anime L85A1
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sat 21 Apr 2012 - 18:15

the ripping of the L85A1 was a little harsh, the A2 version solved most of the problems(the magazine no longer falls out ) though it is a little heavy for a bullpup it is very accurate in single shot mode
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 Sat 21 Apr 2012 - 21:42

Jormungand: So far, I've liked this one. Has a feel similar to Black Lagoon and (at least as far as Jonah is concerned), Gunslinger Girl, with the whole child soldier thing. Though it definitely airs more on the Black Lagoon side of things, for instance, with the deflecting a Javelin missile with a grenade blast.

Upotte!: Well... What can I say about this one... Its ridiculous, it makes no sense, its does have its own unique sense of humor as far as the jokes related to the character's personality and physical traits, such as L85A1's proneness for illness, M16's 3-round bursts etc.

Also, crossover FNC/Funco x Jonah!:

Spring 2012 Anime 88b3dda2ed2e3c7fec8cb76

Oh never mind, Piero mentioned this...

But this has given me an idea for a sort of Jormungand/Upotte crossover parody fic. Basically, at somepoint in his career, Jonah gets his hands on the Upotte manga. He is mildly amused by the portrayal of his weapon, but is not all that impressed. However, soon after, possibly due to a head injury sustained in battle, Jonah starts seeing Funco following him around whenever he is carrying his rifle. Now, Jonah has to live with a tsun/yandere antropomorphism of his rifle. Examples of scenes for this fic which I will probably never get around to writing include Jonah's FNC jamming or misfiring whenever Funco gets angry at him, Funco getting jealous and taking shots at Jonah whenever he uses a different gun, and Jonah keeping his weapon next to him in his sleep... only to find Funco lying next to him!
SPARTAN 119
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Sun 22 Apr 2012 - 2:09

Alfisti wrote:
I don't think there's any licensing been sorted over here, hence you can't pick it up on crunchy-roll or similar. You can still download it, I got the first episode but honestly didn't bother going any further.
I think I'll flip a coin to decide whether to try and get it to see for myself whether or not it's decentish, though from what I hear about Upotte, I hope the coin explodes in midair and kills me.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 18:49

Hyouka (Episode 01) - The next to last show of the season I have been waiting for (only AKB0048 left and that debuts next week) and I liked it. Eru Chitanda is like Angelica and Yui from K-On! merged together, so the cuteness factor is tremendous. On Cloud 9

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san (Episode 03) - I was wrong. Being 10 times longer makes each episode 10 times better than Haiyoru! Nyaruani or Haiyoru! Nyaruani: Remember My Mr. Lovecraft. Nyaruko is epic and I don't recall Kūko being anywhere near as awesome in the Flash animes.

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (Episode 03) - Really liking this show.

Space Brothers (Episode 04) - My thanks to ANN for getting me to watch this as I am really enjoying it.

Natsuiro Kiseki (Episode 03) - This show has proven entertaining enough to stick with.

Last edited by Kiskaloo on Tue 24 Apr 2012 - 13:34; edited 1 time in total
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 22:29

I've been keeping up on the scanlations of Upotte... Funco is just bad-ass. Just don't call her "T-back." Sig's perkiness is just perfect for her deadly skill.

Then there's the older girls...
http://mangafox.me/manga/upotte/v01/c007/6.html
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Tue 24 Apr 2012 - 3:33

maverick375 wrote:I've been keeping up on the scanlations of Upotte... Funco is just bad-ass. Just don't call her "T-back." Sig's perkiness is just perfect for her deadly skill.

HAHA! Random fire. Which girl/gun was that anyway?
From all the bad rep the show had been getting, I hadn't even considered reading the Manga, reckon I'll give it a try now.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog Tue 24 Apr 2012 - 3:45

maverick375 wrote:I've been keeping up on the scanlations of Upotte... Funco is just bad-ass. Just don't call her "T-back." Sig's perkiness is just perfect for her deadly skill.

From all the bad rep the show had been getting, I hadn't even considered reading the Manga, reckon I'll give it a try now.
Well, read the first Chapter and... meh Spring 2012 Anime 389343. Didn't seem all that bad. not great, but not bad.
Three Dog
Three Dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Tue 24 Apr 2012 - 10:51

That was M-14. The M-14 rifle is a great semi, and passable full-auto when supported, but not off-hand. Hence the "random fire" joke.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 24 Apr 2012 - 13:37

That chapter was part of Episode 03. sweat
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next