Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall 2011 Anime

+8
NeverSleep
Awinnell
Nachtsider
boomer_gonz
Piero
Alfisti
Kiskaloo
MadHatChemist
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fall 2011 Anime - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall 2011 Anime

Post by 0utf0xZer0 Wed 11 Jan 2012 - 12:06

Mahou lists it as a 21 episode series ending in late February (maybe the recap is one of the 21):

http://www.mahou.org/Showtime/?o=ET

0utf0xZer0

Forum Posts : 265

Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 11 Jan 2012 - 15:03

That's good. I can't see how they could tie things up in one episode. Smile

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Godot Wed 11 Jan 2012 - 19:33

There's another season to Last Exile? I just started watching the first season. Yeesh, where have I been?

Godot

Forum Posts : 198

Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Wed 11 Jan 2012 - 21:28

Yeah, I'd kind of been assuming Fam was a two-cour show.

Personally I've been really pleased with the direction the show has been going lately (my opinion of the show went downhill somewhat, but it's been climbing up over the last couple of episodes). We've had the shit hit the fan, we've gotten a good flashback to what happened ten years ago, and it appears we will soon get some info on the highly isolationist Glacies. Also, the preview for the next episode appears to have Alvis running through a wheat field, which hints that we may get to find out a bit about what's going on with a couple of significant characters soon.

Or maybe we're just being trolled. Razz

Actually I have mixed feelings on the possibility of brining Claes and Lavie into Fam in any significant capacity. I really like the two of them but I worry they could steal the show.

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Thu 2 Feb 2012 - 1:24

Fam is getting really good. Or at least Fam the show is. As far as Fam the character... anyone feel that Millia is better main character material than she is? She's the one who is aware of the big picture and confronting tough choices while Fam has spent the series talking about bringing back the Grand Race despite being in the middle of a devastating war.

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 2 Feb 2012 - 8:41

Piero wrote:As far as Fam the character... anyone feel that Millia is better main character material than she is?

Millia is very much my favorite character now.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Thu 9 Feb 2012 - 0:52

Next episode of Fam looks like it's going to be another recap... except this time it looks like they're going to recap the original Last Exile. Speculation is that this could be lead up to an appearance by the leads of the original series. While I worry that the original leads could overshadow the new cast I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more of them.

Also kind of hoping that there will be a little bit of new material thrown in with the old stuff. It's not uncommon for modern recap episodes to throw in a bit of new material.

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 1:19

Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam: B+

Just watched Episodes 18, 19 and 20 and I have to say this show really grew in it's second half. Though I expect a cliche finale next week, it was still a solid watch.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 12:36

I could be wrong, but I think we're still a few episodes from the end. There seem to be some differences of opinion as to whether the recaps should be included in the episode count. Also it seems to me that one episode isn't enough time to wrap everything up properly.

I have been enjoying the second half of the series as well.

Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Thu 29 Mar 2012 - 22:48

Last Exile: Fam the Silver Wing

While there were parts of this show that I really enjoyed, the series overall was something of a disappointment. Part of that may be due to the series' length, competition from newer shows, and delays in my getting to see fansubs of certain episodes. My level of excitement for this show just wasn't that high for the final stretch of episodes. That being said, I think the show had some legitimate flaws as well. Some elements of the show (including some of the characters) felt underutilized. The main character seemed out of touch with the reality around her. Even the big set piece battles seemed somewhat disappointing -I think I would have preferred the battles to be smaller in scale but more exciting. It felt like this show could have been so much more than it was.

Piero

Male

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2