Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

views on life, the universe and everything from watching Japanese Anime

+17
Plaxy
windfish55
FearTheLASERFACE
MP5
Five_X
theprodigalson
ElfenMagix
Triela
124C41
rusty-spring
Piero
SPARTAN 119
Nachtsider
Professor Voodoo
Entropy
Kiskaloo
Awinnell
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

views on life, the universe and everything from watching Japanese Anime - Page 2 Empty Re: views on life, the universe and everything from watching Japanese Anime

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 21:57

I like the groups who put the translator notes in a seperate text file and not as part of the encode. This was done for the Blu-ray fansubs of Seitokai Yakuindomo, which had a significant number of sexual in-jokes and sexual inuendo unique to Japanese culture.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

views on life, the universe and everything from watching Japanese Anime - Page 2 Empty Re: views on life, the universe and everything from watching Japanese Anime

Post by MP5 Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 22:18

* Japan is awash rife with a multitude of special forces and intelligence agencies and/or vigilante groups with capabilities that exceed even those of the Self-Defense Forces and are not held in question primarily because they are part of the police or don't technically exist. These agencies will also invariably have genetically-engineered high school girls with twin Ingram machine pistols, blind swordsmen, and teenage hackers in their ranks.

*If you send your child to do tofu delivery tuns on a treacherous mountain pass using the family car from the age of thirteen during the wee hours of the morning, by the time they graduate high school they will have enough driving skill to rival that of professional race drivers.

Last edited by MP5 on Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 0:18; edited 1 time in total

MP5

Forum Posts : 1767

Registration date : 2010-02-01
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Entropy Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 22:35

MP5 wrote:* Japan is awash...

Might want to avoid that sort of terminology for a little while.

Entropy

Forum Posts : 347

Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 23:05

No sacred cows.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5722

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 23:16

One thing that I despise that happens with most fansubbed anime, heavy handed translation or not, is the constant barrage of words/symbols during the OPs. I know some people love to karaoke their songs, but that should be something left for youtube or something. Some shows have the kanji, romanji, AND THEN the English words.

Some OPs are really pretty and fun but I hate the fact that I have to go to youtube to see the raw version of it. Get the hell out of my intros scrolling, jumping, flashing words! NO Razz

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Forum Posts : 1380

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 23:38

Entropy wrote:

Too soon...

theprodigalson

Forum Posts : 436

Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 23:44

SPARTAN 119 wrote:*A Barrett .50 caliber rifle is most effective when fired from the hip.... By an insane gorrilla turned maid.

Fix'd, made it awesome for you.

Five_X

Forum Posts : 695

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 23:45

rusty-spring wrote:One thing that I despise that happens with most fansubbed anime, heavy handed translation or not, is the constant barrage of words/symbols during the OPs. I know some people love to karaoke their songs, but that should be something left for youtube or something. Some shows have the kanji, romanji, AND THEN the English words.

Some OPs are really pretty and fun but I hate the fact that I have to go to youtube to see the raw version of it. Get the hell out of my intros scrolling, jumping, flashing words! NO Razz

Which is extra cool when groups release "clean" OPs and EDs. Good

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Back to top Go down

Post by FearTheLASERFACE Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 0:16

*Girls are either stereotypically "girly" or death machines.
*Every conceivably possible color of hair exists.
*Lolita is often every other girl
*A Katana is better than a Sword Cutlass
*The laws of physics do not seem to apply
*Whenever you can, ALWAYS bring the biggest revolver you can get. No exceptions; its the only way to be sure

FearTheLASERFACE

Forum Posts : 201

Registration date : 2010-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 0:17

theprodigalson wrote:
Entropy wrote:

Too soon...

Oops. Sorry, slip of the mental tongue combined with disregard to reading before I post.. I'll go fix that now.
MP5
MP5

Male

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 2:33

Aw, come ON.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 6:12

girls should always wear skirts short enough that every guy in the room gets a flash of panties everytime they bend over,walk up stairs or kick someone,but should always scream 'Ecchi' and hit said guys when it happens

all guys should carry tissues,the uses are manyfold,but primarily to stop the nosebleed they get from seeing the aforementioned panties

you can stop and break a machete with your teeth

people who live in a low gravity enviroment in space suffer no ill effects from it and can still survive hi g forces during combat

giant robots are not in fact giant bullet magnets,despite the fact that if you walked out onto a battlefield in something that big everyones going to shoot at you ,probably including your own side
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 14:25

FearTheLASERFACE wrote:
*A Katana is better than a Sword Cutlass

*Two Sword Cutlasses, however, can even up the odds.
*When a military cyborg is escaping a hostage situation, and they have a choice of taking their would-be captors submachine gun or a fireplace poker, they choose the poker.
*The Hell Correspondence website is a ripoff. Get a Death Note instead.
SPARTAN 119
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by windfish55 Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 15:39

SPARTAN 119 wrote:
Nachtsider wrote:Especially if you're watching fansubbed anime and those goddamn translator's notes are present.

Lord, I hate those.

views on life, the universe and everything from watching Japanese Anime - Page 2 Anime-fansub-failure-001
I hate translations that retain Japanese words when it's not necessary. It just makes things harder.
windfish55
windfish55

Male

Forum Posts : 145

Fan of : Shonen Knife

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 16:56

windfish55 wrote:I hate translations that retain Japanese words when it's not necessary. It just makes things harder.
Quoted for absolute truth.

Case in point:

views on life, the universe and everything from watching Japanese Anime - Page 2 20080627spenglergueststrip
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 18:26

It's been mentioned in other threads but...

All hero teams must consist of;

1. Clean cut leader character.
  2. Dark brooding guy.
  3. One woman/girl. No more, no less.
  4. Short guy, kid genius or monkey. Chose one.
  5. Fat guy. This is to provide hope to the rest of us.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Plaxy Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 19:11

*People over the age of 50 are no more than 3 feet tall and shriveled up, unless they are over 400 then they look teenagers again.

*Old people are 90% more likely to be 4 times as perverted as young people

*Japaneese Military and Police are incapablel of handling anything without the help of a group of highschool student these groups normally consist of 5 personel

*Child Labor laws do not exist, and infact are often hired for Military and special force operations.

*when someone says the planet will blow up in five minutes they mean 17 episodes later.
Plaxy
Plaxy

Male

Forum Posts : 83

Fan of : Henrietta

Original Characters : Soliel(so-lè)

Comments : I've only killed 4....I killed 10 enemies last month... please doctor don't take me off duty.

Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Tue 29 Mar 2011 - 18:43

it is perfectly alright for a boy to attend an all girls school as long as he crossdresses,it will remain unnoticed by the school at large except for 4-5 girls who will instantly form a harem
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 29 Mar 2011 - 23:40

Many Japanese girls look like they should be in grade school, even when they are in high school or college. Some even teach at high schools or colleges.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Wed 30 Mar 2011 - 0:43

If you have a flat chest, prepare to be made fun of. If you have a large chest, prepare to be a pillow.
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 30 Mar 2011 - 0:48

Five_X wrote:If you have a flat chest, prepare to be made fun of. If you have a large chest, prepare to be a pillow.
I think this is more a case of anime imitating real life.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcrim Fri 1 Apr 2011 - 0:26

Being punched in the face for comedic effect does not cause any long term damage
Volcrim
Volcrim

Male

Forum Posts : 80

Fan of : GSG and other inferior anime

Registration date : 2009-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Fri 1 Apr 2011 - 0:53

^ Not really, I'd say it's exaggerating at least. I don't know any flat-chested people who have a complex/are heavily teased about it.
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson Fri 1 Apr 2011 - 1:07

I don't know about "heavily" teased, but I've seen plenty to believe there's a hierarchy among friends. Its usually just playful jabs. Never seen a complex about it though.
theprodigalson
theprodigalson

Male

Forum Posts : 436

Original Characters : Nikias and Anastasia

Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Fri 1 Apr 2011 - 6:19

in Japan everyone hates conflict,but pacifists will commit genocide in an instant as long as the have passed out ,entered an altered state or become sufficiently pissed off.
they will then whine about it forever,"it wasn't ,me the machine did it !",but will still pilot/use whatever weapon it was that got them into this mess in the first place
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 1 Apr 2011 - 6:21

Five_X wrote:^ Not really, I'd say it's exaggerating at least. I don't know any flat-chested people who have a complex/are heavily teased about it.
Prepare to be surprised. Why do you reckon people get implants?
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by motorwaymurderer Fri 1 Apr 2011 - 10:49

Nachtsider wrote:
Five_X wrote:^ Not really, I'd say it's exaggerating at least. I don't know any flat-chested people who have a complex/are heavily teased about it.
Prepare to be surprised. Why do you reckon people get implants?

As a flat-chested girl, I assure that I have a complex about it like every flat-chested girl I've ever met, and we've all been teased because of it. :> Cruel world is cruel.
motorwaymurderer
motorwaymurderer

Female

Forum Posts : 15

Registration date : 2011-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Fri 1 Apr 2011 - 20:31

You people must live in a strange, A-cup hating world.

Not that big boobs aren't great, that is. Razz
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Reina Sat 2 Apr 2011 - 17:28

The Japanese people are very quiet and docile, and should not be taken out of their natural habitat. Should they be taken out of said habitat, they will almost immediately start showing hikikomori-like symptoms when they return.
Reina
Reina
Insane Psychopathic Loli

Female

Forum Posts : 73

Fan of : Henrietta, Claes

Original Characters : Reina/Clark

Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 Sun 3 Apr 2011 - 20:01

Reina wrote:The Japanese people are very quiet and docile, and should not be taken out of their natural habitat. Should they be taken out of said habitat, they will almost immediately start showing hikikomori-like symptoms when they return.

Should that occur, however, don't worry, a girl will come cure them of their hikikomori ways.

There are no psychologists, psychiatrists, or other mental health professionals in Japan.

That shy, quiet girl with glasses that is sitting in the corner of the classroom probably has some sort of hidden superpowers.

SPARTAN 119
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Sun 3 Apr 2011 - 23:59

Cooking is srs bizness.
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Mon 4 Apr 2011 - 0:54

Not sure if this one was posted.

If you find someone injured or lost you never contact the police. You bring them to your home and soon they will live in your house.
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Mon 4 Apr 2011 - 1:06

There are no animal shelters in Japan, so most pets are found in boxes on the street.
MP5
MP5

Male

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Mon 4 Apr 2011 - 2:30

Despite real-life statistics indicating otherwise, there are at least ten times as many people under twenty in Japan than over.
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Mon 4 Apr 2011 - 6:21

running away from your debts is the accepted method,getting your kids to pay off your debts is simply the next level
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 1:15

rusty-spring wrote:
- Breasts are exempt from the laws of physics.

This is because all breasts are the size of watermelons so they must exhibit natural anti-gravity so as to not sink to the core of the Earth under their own mass.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 1:19

Kiskaloo wrote:
rusty-spring wrote:

This is because all breasts are the size of watermelons so they must exhibit natural anti-gravity so as to not sink to the core of the Earth under their own mass.

said breasts will lactate on demand despite the girl in question never having been pregnant !
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 1:23

Awinnell wrote:
Kiskaloo wrote:
rusty-spring wrote:

said breasts will lactate on demand despite the girl in question never having been pregnant !

This whole conversation is making me disappoint. D:
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 1:42

Triela wrote:
Awinnell wrote:
Kiskaloo wrote:
rusty-spring wrote:

This whole conversation is making me disappoint. D:

I could stand to hear a little more...(/Jayne)
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1472

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 18 Apr 2011 - 2:26

rusty-spring wrote:
- 99% of all mothers are going to be just as youthful/pretty looking as their daughters.
- At any moment 80% of all parents are "away on business trips" or "work outside the country."

Both of these are alive and well in Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, though it's the 39 year old aunt who is hotter than the sun.

Actually, it's kind of scary how many of these are present in the Spring anime line-up. sweat
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2