Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Zombie Apocalypse Thread

+22
Plaxy
Tommygunner70
Awinnell
Jacen Starslayer
MP5
Triela
theprodigalson
Sakura
Professor Voodoo
Germanzombie
West Nile
sasahara17
KodokuRyuu
rusty-spring
LoC978
Nachtsider
Alfisti
SPARTAN 119
tsundere9kagami2
MikhailN
Kiskaloo
Five_X
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Official Zombie Apocalypse Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Zombie Apocalypse Thread

Post by Nachtsider Thu 21 Oct 2010 - 21:59

They'll Zerg rush you.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5722

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Official Zombie Apocalypse Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Zombie Apocalypse Thread

Post by theprodigalson Thu 21 Oct 2010 - 22:09

You must construct additional pylons.

theprodigalson

Forum Posts : 436

Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 21 Oct 2010 - 22:24

Protoss FTW. head bang

Nachtsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Plaxy Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 0:00

Kiskaloo wrote:Those are some powerfully lame litches, Nacht.

The fantasy undead creature I hate the most is the Revenant (sic) from the Fiend Folio. Our a-hole of a DM set loose one of those a-holes on the bride at a wedding. Alas, we couldn't save her in the end.

In 4.0 D&D now you can play as Revenant and by level 16 if the DM successfully kills you, then he was metagaming seriously cause you can indefinantly stay up while sub 0(dying) with them and even have items that give you like 20 DR while in such a state, then when you get Epic Destiny tier with the right Path and Items you can become completely unkillable serriously Phasing (half-damage) and 30 DR while Dying and a full set of actions, and never fail a (having a +11 to) saving throw and heal all the way when you beat a 20 and not spend healing surges to do so.

Plaxy

Forum Posts : 83

Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 0:52

Jesus... rushed by a legion of teacup poodles... that last round WOULD be going through the roof of my mouth. o_O

Officer_Charon

Forum Posts : 1472

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 0:56

Damn...

Jacen Starslayer

Forum Posts : 525

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 13:37

Well...it's begun. *sigh*

Official Zombie Apocalypse Thread - Page 3 Zombie10

Professor Voodoo

Forum Posts : 3428

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 14:28

Time for one of those UK sub Captains to glass London. Yes Indeed

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 14:30

Still don't have the Lobo attachment for my Mossberg. FFFFFFFFUUUUU-

Officer_Charon

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 14:49

The closet geek in me totally wants to pick up one of those tabletop zombie games, but then would come the painstaking chore of convincing my friends to play a "board game." Razz I have a couple friends who enjoy Axis & Allies, but that's pretty different in game play to one of these.

I've heard nothing but good about Last Night On Earth:

Official Zombie Apocalypse Thread - Page 3 Untitled
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Plaxy Sun 14 Nov 2010 - 1:29

Okay found this Gem for anybody that has Fallout:New Vegas for the PC

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37067

Its a yes by Name a Zombie Apocalypse mod for Fallout:New Vegas. Its pretty fun too.
Plaxy
Plaxy

Male

Forum Posts : 83

Fan of : Henrietta

Original Characters : Soliel(so-lè)

Comments : I've only killed 4....I killed 10 enemies last month... please doctor don't take me off duty.

Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Thu 23 Dec 2010 - 13:51

I love 50's styled instructional videos. I wish they still made them Razz

rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Sat 9 Apr 2011 - 12:03

I'm not sure how many people here were keeping up with the Highschool of the Dead manga, but a few months back it was dropped by the original scanlators.

However, a new group picked it up and has been translating it ever since. Figured I'd let people know that the latest chapter came out a few weeks ago. The site is called (ahem) Torpedo Tits sweat ...ugh.

Just throwing it out there.
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 Sat 9 Apr 2011 - 16:30

rusty-spring wrote:I'm not sure how many people here were keeping up with the Highschool of the Dead manga, but a few months back it was dropped by the original scanlators.

However, a new group picked it up and has been translating it ever since. Figured I'd let people know that the latest chapter came out a few weeks ago. The site is called (ahem) Torpedo Tits sweat ...ugh.

Just throwing it out there.

You talking about the chapter where they make it to Rei's house and find her mom wielding a yari?
SPARTAN 119
SPARTAN 119

Male

Forum Posts : 574

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Sat 9 Apr 2011 - 17:16

SPARTAN 119 wrote:You talking about the chapter where they make it to Rei's house and find her mom wielding a yari?
Yup, that's the one. Good
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sousuke sagara Fri 13 May 2011 - 5:01

i'll get a sword and wander around killing all the zombie's, group by group. Muh-m-muhahahaha! bunker
sousuke sagara
sousuke sagara

Male

Forum Posts : 8

Fan of : full metal panic and gunslinger girl.

Original Characters : cloud leonheart

Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 13 May 2011 - 8:01

A sword? The idea is not to let them get within biting/scratching distance.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by sdp2501 Fri 13 May 2011 - 8:45

tell that to saeko
sdp2501
sdp2501

Forum Posts : 132

Fan of : Rico, Gunslinger girl, Slpiknot, Asking Alexandria, Killswitch Engage, SUICIDE SILENCE, canibal corpse, buttered toffie popcorn XD, Xbox 360

Original Characters : Kiyra, Ryu

Comments : I will drag you. To oblivion, even if I must die.

Registration date : 2010-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by sousuke sagara Fri 13 May 2011 - 8:58

yea, but it proves you have BIG BALLS!!!
Bong > snipe > Brains!
sousuke sagara
sousuke sagara

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson Fri 13 May 2011 - 11:18

sdp2501 wrote:tell that to saeko

Saeko has the benefit of being animated. This is a Zombie Apocalypse thread. Please try to take this seriously.

sousuke sagara wrote:yea, but it proves you have BIG BALLS!!!

As cool as that would be, they will soon be big zombie balls.
theprodigalson
theprodigalson

Male

Original Characters : Nikias and Anastasia

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosKin640 Fri 13 May 2011 - 16:12

There is some seriousness to that, prodigalson. It's called a back-up weapon. Guns are great and all, but at the end of the day, if you're out of ammo or simply don't have the time to reload, then you damn well better have some kind of melee weapon to fall back on. For its size, weight and cutting power, a good sword is probably one of your best bets. An axe or hatchet has the added value of having practical uses other than as a weapon, but an axe is significantly heavier, and in the case of a hatchet, its small size puts you even closer to the zombies.
ChaosKin640
ChaosKin640

Male

Forum Posts : 417

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire & Alessandro

Original Characters : Jacob, Sophia, Melanie, Costante, Nina, Enzo and Lucretia

Registration date : 2010-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by sdp2501 Fri 13 May 2011 - 16:55

i can fire a gun sure but coz of my eyesight (personal info i do not care about admiting) i have trubble aimeing the damn thing it would be easyer to use a blade aswell as the fact that i have a thick lether bicker jacket and gloves...

snipe [rant]@#$%![/rant]
sdp2501
sdp2501

Fan of : Rico, Gunslinger girl, Slpiknot, Asking Alexandria, Killswitch Engage, SUICIDE SILENCE, canibal corpse, buttered toffie popcorn XD, Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 Fri 13 May 2011 - 16:59

ChaosKin640 wrote:There is some seriousness to that, prodigalson. It's called a back-up weapon. Guns are great and all, but at the end of the day, if you're out of ammo or simply don't have the time to reload, then you damn well better have some kind of melee weapon to fall back on. For its size, weight and cutting power, a good sword is probably one of your best bets. An axe or hatchet has the added value of having practical uses other than as a weapon, but an axe is significantly heavier, and in the case of a hatchet, its small size puts you even closer to the zombies.

That is why my ideal zombie removal equipment set would consist of, assuming I had a backpack or something the to carry the extra items:

*military-grade weapon, preferably M4A1 SOPMOD w/ supressor and M203 grenade launcher, if available (sling over shoulder when not in use)

Some form of 12 gauge shotgun, probably short-barreled or sawed off. (sling over shoulder if lacks sling, make one out of rope, belt, or duct tape.)

*2-3+ handgun in common calibers such as Glock 17 9mm, M1911 .45, .38 revolver etc. (keep 1-2 at side, one or more in backpack)

*explosive or incendiary of some sort: preferably grenades and claymore mines, but improvised explosives and molotovs if not available.

2-3+ melee weapons, including machete, crowbar, axe etc. (one at side when not in use, rest in backpack.

sdp2501 wrote:i can fire a gun sure but coz of my eyesight (personal info i do not care about admiting) i have trubble aimeing the damn thing it would be easyer to use a blade aswell as the fact that i have a thick lether bicker jacket and gloves...

snipe [rant]@#$%![/rant]

In your case, some sort of shotgun loaded with buckshot would probably be the best firearm option, at close ranges, just fire in the general direction of their heads. A grenade launcher or an auto or burst-firing weapon might also work (aim at chest, recoil from a 2-3 round burst will raise second or third shot to the head, so even if these are "headshots only" zombies. If they follow "Left 4 Dead rules", then never mind.)
SPARTAN 119
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 13 May 2011 - 17:25

I'm not denying that a melee weapon is necessary. But to "wander around killing zombies [with a sword] group by group"? That's putting yourself in unnecessary danger. You scrupulously avoid hand-to-hand combat with zombies whenever you have a choice.

That being said... this is my close-quarters weapon of choice.

http://www.gerberstore.com/index.php?xpage=itempage&xid=448

It's an axe. It's a little over two feet long. But it weighs only a little under two kilos.

Grenades are unnecessary dead weight. Why use them when a bullet between the eyes will drop a zombie just as good?

Also, I'm amazed at how little love European long guns are getting. I'd take a HK G3, FN FAL or AUG over an M16-type weapon anyday.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 Fri 13 May 2011 - 18:32

Nachtsider wrote:
Grenades are unnecessary dead weight. Why use them when a bullet between the eyes will drop a zombie just as good?

Also, I'm amazed at how little love European long guns are getting. I'd take a HK G3, FN FAL or AUG over an M16-type weapon anyday.

Zombies come in hordes, grenades can kill multiple zombies at once without having to aim at each one individually. True it might not kill every zombie in horde even if they follow "headshots only", but between the blast wave and the shrapnel, it will kill at least a few, and disable more (i.e. a legless zombie can be easily finished off with a melee attack to the head.

Also, @European weapons, I was just using an M4/M16 as an example of one that might be available in America if some military personnel were also zombified. An H&K G3, FN FAL, or AUG would also be effective, as would an AK or similar. Really, I wouldn't be too picky if I'm trying to survive.
SPARTAN 119
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Fri 13 May 2011 - 18:39

M4 SOPMOD seems unnecessary. Too much weight, and all but the suppressor have no good use, especially the M203 and red dot sight. I'd probably use an M14, with a scope at most.

Mines are of too much risk and too little gain.
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 13 May 2011 - 18:43

Like you, I'm one who's happy to settle for disabling shots. A legless zombie is more or less harmless unless you walk right up to it. But if I'm within grenade-throwing range of a horde of zombies, I'd rather run. I'll concede that claymores might be useful to fortify your hideout, though.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Fri 13 May 2011 - 18:55

A legless zombie is a crawling zombie... the suppressor seems to be useless, until you take into account the possibility of zombies receiving audible cues for their prey... while a suppressor won't ELIMINATE the audible cues, it definitely REDUCES them.

Claymores are oversized, stationary shotguns. Highly desirable as a last line of defense before melee.

As for melee, axes are good, swords require too much finesse. Consider something like a boar spear, if you have the room - the crosspiece behind the head keeps the walker at a distance to allow you more options. Personally, I would prefer something like a sledgehammer or other extended-range blunt instrument: very little finesse required to achieve a satisfactory disabling or killing blow.

Also, the AR platform is desirable because it's so ubiquitous in the States. Parts are nice and interchangable - most upper receivers will work with most lower receivers will work with most bolt-carrier groups, etc. In the event that one such piece gets damaged beyond usability, one could, in theory, start mix-and-matching parts as necessary, without requiring gunsmith's tools.
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by sousuke sagara Fri 13 May 2011 - 18:58

i see your point. but we should all do things our own way, only then can we die without regret. have any of you heard of the zombie survival guide?
sousuke sagara
sousuke sagara

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 13 May 2011 - 19:04

The Zombie Survival Guide is a nice read. Max is a good author, but his lack of survivalist/military experience really shows sometimes.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Fri 13 May 2011 - 19:08

Yes.

Have YOU heard of World War Z?
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by sousuke sagara Fri 13 May 2011 - 19:11

Nachtsider wrote:The Zombie Survival Guide is a nice read. Max is a good author, but his lack of survivalist/military experience really shows sometimes.
yea, i use it more as a reference then a guide.
sousuke sagara
sousuke sagara

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson Fri 13 May 2011 - 19:31

Oh, I'm not debating the need for a melee weapon. I'm operating under the assumption that:
A.) head trauma is the only way to kill
B.) I am not immune and any physical contact/fluid exchange (blood-spatter
Charon, I see you raising that eyebrow!) is a guaranteed way to become a zombie.

Under these conditions a melee weapon is an effort in futility, but a necessary one. They won't be protecting their heads so a simple bat would work as well as anything, no need to get too fancy. That said, that is a sexy axe Nacht. Its the sort of thing the hero's would be carrying! +5 aesthetic points.

Swords are super cool, but against a feel-no-pain fearless zombie they just lack the stopping power.
theprodigalson
theprodigalson

Male

Original Characters : Nikias and Anastasia

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTAN 119 Fri 13 May 2011 - 19:53

theprodigalson wrote:

Swords are super cool, but against a feel-no-pain fearless zombie they just lack the stopping power.

That is actually a point raised in Highschool of the Dead, when Kohta notes that a katana can only sever three human necks before it starts to become blunt, not that it stopped Saeko. However, I do not think it would be impossible to thrust a katana through the skull, though it would take a lot of force. In spite of that, I would rather have something like an axe or a machete, something with some weight behind the blade. That, or a blunt instrument such as a crowbar, sledgehammer, or baseball bat.
SPARTAN 119
SPARTAN 119

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 13 May 2011 - 19:56

SPARTAN 119 wrote:a katana can only sever three human necks before it starts to become blunt
I hope they're not serious. If true, it doesn't say much about the katana.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Fri 13 May 2011 - 20:03

Yeah, a machete or a full-sized falchion-style or scimitar-style blade would be the best for a bladed weapon - something with weight behind the blade to help with follow-through.

Unless one has dedicated a good portion of one's life to studying the sword, you really don't need one... especially when you consider the fact that you're probably going to be dealing with a mass-assault type of situation. You're not going to be dancing around, pinking opponents and performing errolflynnery - kill, move on.

Re: blood spatter (something I stupidly forgot about), a couple spare pairs of shop goggles for the eyes, long sleeves and legs of trousers, blouse your boots, and some sort of facemask, breathable - it gets VERY hard to breath if you're wearing a full gas mask arrangement, although I suppose, so l ong as the virus wasn't airborne, one could simply remove the filter and carry on with the membrane left in place. Hrmmm...

@Nacht: Re: the katana, bear in mind that the neck is chock-full of gristle, bone, tendons, and all kinds of other sundry ways to foul a blade... consider the guillotine, which was designed to replace the headsman's axe (already a formidably large piece of equipment). Anything that's going to be going through a large number of necks is going to have to be extra sturdy, at the expense of finesse.
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 13 May 2011 - 20:11

My understanding is that the katana is an outstanding cutter of flesh and bone, but performs poorly against steel.

There was this one documentary I watched where they pitted a broadsword against a katana. Outcome: damaged broadsword, snapped katana.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Fri 13 May 2011 - 23:08

Broadswords (well, longswords technically) were originally used by Celtic tribes in a way similar to blunt weapons. They could shatter shields and bone with ease, as well as having a stabbing tip. So, you might just want to use a dull longsword against zombies rather than a sharper one.
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by sdp2501 Sun 15 May 2011 - 8:46

sousuke sagara wrote:i see your point. but we should all do things our own way, only then can we die without regret. have any of you heard of the zombie survival guide?

ive been waiting for this post lol...
sdp2501
sdp2501

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sun 15 May 2011 - 9:16

get a quarry dump truck then just run over the zombie hordes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3