Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idea and concept generation

+28
tremec6speed
Pax
Aisha_Hikari
Robert Frazer
Professor Voodoo
theprodigalson
SPARTAN 119
Alfisti
funkmachine
MikhailN
TTIO
Kiskaloo
Awinnell
Triela
Sakura
Utsurokuri
West Nile
Tommygunner70
Piero
Probit Return
boomer_gonz
emperor
Wileama
Nachtsider
Danjo3
LoC978
ElfenMagix
sasahara17
32 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

Idea and concept generation Empty Idea and concept generation

Post by sasahara17 Sat 10 Nov 2007 - 9:14

I'm not sure If it's right for me to start a thread so early after I'd just arrived, but I really think this needs to be done.

Remember when I said I was startled at the response I got from 'Mistake'? well I really was. And that was becuase from previous experience, many a fanfiction writier often tried to 'save' deceased characters from their untimely canon doom.
It astounded me that no one tried to do this with Elsa before, and
when someone ultimately did, everybody didn't see it coming. It was like it came out of left lefd when it shouldn't have.

So I think I this place should have a specifically tailored idea generation
thread to remedy this situation.

I'll kick it off. A few years back when I used to lurk around FF.net not really writing
anything, I breifly entertained the idea of a cyborg handler. As in the young gunslinger girl's handler also happens to be another, much more experienced,
mechanical body.

That would pose all kind of questions. I'm putting it up now becuase I'll be a long, long time before I can actually pick up the idea myself (hint), and just in case anybody else wants to use it in the meantime...
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Idea and concept generation Empty Re: Idea and concept generation

Post by ElfenMagix Sat 10 Nov 2007 - 21:41

Well, my fanfict, I have Claes hooked up with Ferro, since on her third (currently last rewrite), though it looks like she is an independant cyborg, she actually hooks up with the closest handler and/or medical staff and takes orders from them. Unfortunately since my handler character is living in the dorm area like Rabello used too, that means she will connecting to him more often than not.

I liked your stories, sasahara17... they show promise.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Sun 11 Nov 2007 - 0:04

sasahara17 wrote:A few years back when I used to lurk around FF.net not really writing anything, I breifly entertained the idea of a cyborg handler. As in the young gunslinger girl's handler also happens to be another, much more experienced, mechanical body.
I'd like to see that... the idea has already been written in, but only briefly and not fleshed out:
Sintendo wrote:
in the epilogue of Life, Liberty, and...
--
“I see,” Bradley wiped more dirt away from the face of the stone, reading the words to himself, “Freda Claes Johansson. 1991 – 2019.”

“She was one of the best agents we’ve ever had,” Jean said, “She worked hard to shape what you’ve allowed us to have. Were she still alive, she’d have been an excellent Chief.”

Bradley laughed, “Hah… a cyborg as Chief of the SWA, huh?”

They were interrupted by the other Claes, “Why so sad, guys? Who is this anyways?” She read the name on the stone in question, “Huh? Her middle name is the same as my first name!”

Bradley laughed, “Your parents named you after this woman, Claes.”

“Why?”

Bradley shook his head, “You ask your parents for that. It’ll give Percival something to do tonight.”

Again, Bradley was interrupted, but this time by another young girl, “Excuse me,” she asked, “I’m sorry, but I’m here to visit Ms. Johansson’s grave, so…”

“Oh,” Bradley stepped out of the way, “Excuse me.”

Through Bradley’s observations, the girl was about 15 years of age.

“Alese, you should treat the elderly with more respect than that.” Jean scolded, unintentionally mocking Bradley at the same time.

“It’s alright Jean,” Bradley said, then faced the girl, “If I may ask, what is your relation to Claes?”

The brown haired girl glanced back at Jean as if to ask for approval and he nodded in response as if to allow what she was about to say.

Apparently she was allowed to do so and told Bradley, “Ms. Johansson is— was my handler.”

She, Jean, and the other Claes shared a look of befuddlement; they only could stare at the old man as he gave out a roar of laughter and a river of tears.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Sun 11 Nov 2007 - 6:57

WHAT! -Excited-

Sistendo wrote that? I think I'll go have a read right now.
I am now asking myself, after all this time reading and
re-reading 'The Lighter Side', why didn't I take notice this before? Impending
shutdown of the SWA? Thanks so much LoC978!

What a pity Sistendo didn’t go into any deeper detail about the cyborg assassin-cyborg handler relationship though. I would love to see that in much more detail. What happened to make Claes take on a cyborg? I assume they were close since Alese is visiting Claes grave, so what kind of relationship do they have?

Anyway I think that drives home the purpose of the thread. Let’s
get some awareness out people!

Another idea;

Hillshire’s family comes for a visit. I’m not talking about
like a brief mention or side characters (Deathra’s ‘Bell’, only mentioned
Hillshire’s family but did not list any by name), but as in full blown prominent, really annoying and/or nosy characters who will drive poor Victor Hartman up the wall.

That scene with his mother in Vol4 (when you coming home son? I haven’t
seen you in ages, Are you eating well? I have cookies waiting for you. Have you gotten a girlfriend yet? Oh I hope she’s adorable...) made me laugh, since he seems (or seems to have been) quite the dutiful son, albeit now in a (dangerous) job that takes him far, far away. He was originally a very soft good cop wasn’t he? That speaks volumes about what his family must be like.

What if he has an overprotective or feisty sibling/parent/whatever
who decides to drop by? By surprise no less? How’s poor Victor going to explain it all? He's the only handler I can see who can realistically freak out (It'll still take quite a bit to get him that way.). Sistendo has done a skit in ‘The Lighter Side’ involving Jean and Jose with an old friend, but Victor is someone who canonically has a living relative who is concerned about him, so it might be worth having a look at.

Now I have to go read.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Mon 12 Nov 2007 - 6:01

Hillshire tells Triela that he has a real little sister, biological that is. Triela completely freaks out. He is her big brother and no one else’s. Hillshire then tell her that his Little sister is an adult who is married and has a child.
Hillshire: “You should be ashamed of you’re self, carrying on that way.”
Triela: “I’m sorry, I didn’t know she was old.”
Hillshire: “Old! She’s younger then me.”
Trieal: “I didn’t mean it that way. What I meant was… that she’s…. kind of…
Hillshire: “Old?”
Triela: “Well, I wouldn’t put it that way.”
Hillshire: “Then how would you put it?”
Triela: “An adult OK, an adult.”
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 12 Nov 2007 - 6:05

It's a humorous riot, to be sure, but Triela doesn't sound like herself, what with that 'he is her big brother and no one else’s' line. That sounds more like something Henrietta would feel.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Mon 12 Nov 2007 - 6:42

Nifty idea about the family sasahara17. Anyway Nachtsider. I have yet to read that chapter myself. However I due believe that Triela has those feelings. She just tends to be better about it then Etta. How do you think some of them would react to Marriage, and a baby carriage.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 12 Nov 2007 - 7:04

Henrietta would be devastated. It's pretty open to debate exactly what she aspires to be in Giuseppe's eyes (fans have variously interpreted Henrietta's feelings as that of wanting to be a sister, a daughter, and even a lover), but it's beyond contention that the poor girl's obsessed with Giuseppe, and that him getting married she would almost certainly perceive as a threat to any of these aspirations.

The jury is similarly out on whether Triela possesses Henrietta-like feelings for Hillshire - some, including myself, say that whatever feelings she has for him are purely platonic, while others explore the notion of romantic denial on Triela's part and interpret their relationship as being one with underlying sexual tension. However, one thing is clear about Triela - she is mature and altruistic, and whichever the case would be, she would very probably react positively towards such a development, and ultimately be happy for her handler.

Claes' reaction would definitely have been like that of Triela - minus the speculation on romantic feelings, of course. Her relationship with Raballo was strictly that of a teacher and pupil at the very least, and that of a father and daughter at the very most.

Rico wouldn't give a damn. She doesn't have affection for Jean like Henrietta does for Giuseppe - it's the fact that the Agency granted her a second life that serves as a motivating factor in her case, not love doled out by her supervisor.

Beatrice, I feel, wouldn't care two hoots about Bernado tying the knot, either. Everything I've seen thus far about her indicates a very apathetic character, and suggests she has all the personality of a stump - possibly induced by heavy conditioning, possibly not. Later installments of the series might prove me wrong, though.

Angie, whose relationship with Marco is, like Claes, that of a father and daughter, would likely suffer the emotional upheaval that any child her age would experience when their single parent decides to remarry, or when their married parents decide to have another kid. She'd probably feel a mixture of joy, excitement, jealousy and resentment, but I doubt she'd be overly affected in a negative way. Her overall reaction to Marco tying the knot, I feel, would be a positive one.

Elsa would have put a bullet through Lauro's head, and subsequently sent another through her eye-socket. The only malleable factor here would have been how soon she'd have committed murder-suicide.

Last edited by on Mon 12 Nov 2007 - 12:48; edited 1 time in total
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Mon 12 Nov 2007 - 12:44

Nachtsider's post, regarding Triela
I think you're giving her just a bit too much credit. I doubt she knows what she wants (adolescent girls rarely do). Though we've seen that Triela seemingly wants it all to be easier, for Hillshire to concretely define her role so she doesn't have to go on wondering about it.
(example: pg1, pg2)
Nachtsider's post, regarding Henrietta
again, she doesn't know what she wants, aside from being close to Giuseppe. I imagine her response to a direct sex question would be embarassment and denial. To the question of being a little sister... she would say yes, she wants that, but she also wants it to be 'more than that'. As for the daughter thing, I don't think she would want that (as it would allow him to have another woman in his life: wife, aka mommy. She wouldn't stand for that)
(no examples for this, it's all conjecture on my part)

regarding the other girls, though... I'd say you're spot-on.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 12 Nov 2007 - 13:11

Thanks, LoC.

Those scenes you posted are undeniably a major factor influencing those who theorize that Triela's in romantic denial, but I feel they can be interpreted in many ways. And about me giving her too much credit - so sue me, man. This aspect of the show is, admittedly, something I don't really spend much time thinking about...

Whatever Henrietta's actually aspiring to be, I think one thing is certain about that which she wants - she'd want Giuseppe to remain permanently single, and permanently devoted to no one but her.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Mon 12 Nov 2007 - 23:19

Henrietta is reacting to one of several sceneros a rape victim may go through. In finding her Prince Charming, she does not want to let him go but at the same time is not so willing to share herself fully to him. Not sexually... she is withdrawn into herself so deeply that she can noly see but Jose and needs him to deal with the outside world outside of the compound. Most rape victims either become withdrawn individuals or sexual extroverts (other condictions also apply but these are the main two), and Henrietta is of the withdrawn type. Yes, she is a Gunslinger Girl. Yes, she goes berzerk at times. But it makes me wonder how much of her condictioning reaches down to her trauma. Just having one's memories erased does not clear them of their fears. Fears are deeper than that.

Henrietta would want Jose/Giuseepe to be permently single and permently devoted to no one but her, but thats her reasons why. Without him, she can not exist but in her little hiding hole.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 5:25

Another one;

I stopped paying attention to the OC stories on the GSG section on FF.net a while ago so this may already be fleshed out without my knowledge, but what if we had an OC cyborg handler who was a total bastard like Lauro? I know Person WMA touched on the issue in the 'Handsome Men', but it was only very briefly.

I'm talking about full fledged novel length angst/crazy antics of the daily life between a man and his tool (as opposed to a man/woman and his/her daughter/sister/son/brother/partner) and the full on pumped up maxes out conditioning that follows. The Lauro/Elsa relationship has been already fleshed out, but as we have seen in the ‘Handsome Men’ there are very intriguing variations to this, such as a grizzled-war-vet /his-attention-deprived-ward and one daredevil duo (who rock).

What I wouldn't give for a novel length story on Handsome White Pearl... Leon and Matilda seriously need more screentime...
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 6:15

Whatever Henrietta's actually aspiring to be, I think one thing is certain about that which she wants - she'd want Giuseppe to remain permanently single, and permanently devoted to no one but her.

100 points for this paragraph!!!

Henrietta would want Jose/Giuseepe to be permently single and permently devoted to no one but her, but thats her reasons why. Without him, she can not exist but in her little hiding hole.

Holt shit!! Another great quote again!! :shock:
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 9:15

sasahara17 wrote:but what if we had an OC cyborg handler who was a total bastard
that seems to be the Oddity's specialty... the rest of us seem to write characters we like... she writes (mostly) characters she hates.
though none of her handlers are anything like Lauro, they're still total peices of shit.
sasahara17 wrote:What I wouldn't give for a novel length story...
very rare in fanfiction... novels take a lot of dedication to write...
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 17:27

ElfenMagix wrote:Henrietta is reacting to one of several sceneros a rape victim may go through.
That's an interesting idea. It certainly does seem to fit her behavior doesn't it? I realize the subconscious tends to make it through conditioning. Still this is one of those things that rubs me the wrong way. I can't explain it, but at a gut level I don't like this idea. I just guess that I feel like their events before the agency don't really affect the girls anymore. They might have some element of who they where, but that's about it. The rape was a major event, but it happened very close to her conditioning.

Besides what about Triela? She was raped, and brutalized much like Henrietta. There isn't a damn thing about Triela that says rape victim. So why is it different between those two? I'm going to have to toss this one back, and forth some more before I make up my mind about it.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 17:35

Perhaps the conditioning might have something to do with it. An idea I've used in my stories is that the treatment has the capacity to bring about a near-complete change in personality - in this scenario, a cyborg's present behavior might actually be totally unlike how he/she was prior to being doped and re-modified.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 17:44

Wileama wrote:
ElfenMagix wrote:Henrietta is reacting to one of several sceneros a rape victim may go through.
That's an interesting idea. It certainly does seem to fit her behavior doesn't it? I realize the subconscious tends to make it through conditioning. Still this is one of those things that rubs me the wrong way. I can't explain it, but at a gut level I don't like this idea. I just guess that I feel like their events before the agency don't really affect the girls anymore. They might have some element of who they where, but that's about it. The rape was a major event, but it happened very close to her conditioning.

Besides what about Triela? She was raped, and brutalized much like Henrietta. There isn't a damn thing about Triela that says rape victim. So why is it different between those two? I'm going to have to toss this one back, and forth some more before I make up my mind about it.
I believe, but I may be wrong, Triela was a druggie/child prostitute before she got caught up in the multization things that almost killed her. As such, she was more acceptable of her situation. Amsterdam is indeed a strange place, although I've heard that Brazil can worst... for they do allow Man-Hunting games in the Amazon of Brazil...
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 17:46

Nachtsider wrote:Perhaps the conditioning might have something to do with it. An idea I've used in my stories is that the treatment has the capacity to bring about a near-complete change in personality - in this scenario, a cyborg's present behavior might actually be totally unlike how he/she was prior to being doped and re-modified.
Condictioning has a lot to do with it. But it can not block out the subconcious, for it operates on a deeper level of the mind than most drugs do. Which is probably why the cyborgs dream while undergoing surgetical repairs.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 18:12

LoC978 wrote:
sasahara17 wrote:but what if we had an OC cyborg handler who was a total bastard
that seems to be the Oddity's specialty... the rest of us seem to write characters we like... she writes (mostly) characters she hates.
though none of her handlers are anything like Lauro, they're still total peices of shit.
sasahara17 wrote:What I wouldn't give for a novel length story...
very rare in fanfiction... novels take a lot of dedication to write...
OK EVERYBODY!!! EXPLAIN TO ME ABOUT THE LAURO BASHING!

I understand that Lauro was a creep and a moron when it comes to Lauro's attitude and behavior towards Elsa. He himself said it in the Anime, "Unlike you, I don’t want to get too involved with those things. I try not to think too much about them. I agree, the mechanical bodies are great. They’d hold your gun or go buy bread for you if you told them to do so. But you don’t have to do anything for them. I wouldn’t be able to work if I felt bad for all the children in Section Two. Oh, that’s just my opinion. You should do what you think is best for you."

He, like Jean towards Rico, used Elsa as a tool. Most people out there dont care about their tools; they just throw them into the tool box and after a while when they become rusty or broken, replace them. There are two things that I noticed about Lauro that others may not- 1) He did not want to get his hands dirty. Meaning, if there was killing to be done, he was far away from it as possible, as to be sure that no fingers can be pointed at him. 2) He was very opinionated and brutally honest and cold. Neither one is a justification of him being abusive.

He was uncaring and unattentitive of Elsa's emotional needs. But Elsa was an emtional wreck- worst probably than Henrietta, and needed a lot more from Lauro than what Jose could ever give Henrietta. In short- the gal really wanted to polish his pistol in a bad way, and it was not going to happen. And perhaps it have come to that.

The Anime suggests (at least to me) that the Elsa/Lauro team was around to have undergone basic training and gain some feild experience. The Anime "Ragazzo" it was stated in the staff meeting, "The Elsa/Lauro Team are preparing a perp..." If between then and the police assination, Elsa tried to speak to Lauro about how she feels and what she wanted from him, he panicked and double upped her conditioning meds, without speaking to the medical team about it. With that much more meds in her system, who knows what can happen. Given enough time, the body becomes used to the higher doses and it becomes a requirement of needing more. Given that scenero, Elsa's body is now getting used to the higher doses and getting to the way she used to be in wanting more from Lauro. Lauro, being the idiot fool that he is, still thinks that the higher doses is working and he has no problem. Then they have that walk in the park...

The only abuse, I see is on an emotional level, because Lauro was an uncaring brute who only thought of himself. He only gave her the minimum that he could. In comparison, Rico seems to be given the same treatment by Jean, but Rico did not have a burning desire for Jean as Elsa may have had for Lauro. Both Rico and Elsa have little to show as in rewards and gifts from their handers. Given that, show me where I am wrong.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 18:42

ElfenMagix wrote:In comparison, Rico seems to be given the same treatment by Jean
I disagree with that completely. I believe Jean is much more 'hands-on' in his discipline and training of Rico than Lauro ever was with Elsa.
Unlike Lauro, Jean takes care of his 'tool'.
analogy: Lauro was the type to toss a crescent wrench in the corner and let it rust when he's not using it. Jean's the type to carefully set it back into the toolbox when he's done with it, and oil the adjustment threads every once in awhile (but still use and abuse it in every way he deems possible when he has it out of the toolbox).
The only similarity between those two is the coldness they show toward their wards. Jean will use Rico up eventually, but he at least makes sure she's maintained well enough to work. Lauro just expected Elsa to work no matter what he did. That (and the fact that he was supposedly an assassin, yet refused to get his hands dirty) is why Lauro was a piece of shit, while Jean is just a cold, brutal, vengeful bastard.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 19:11

Nice way of putting it, and insulting shit at the same time Laughing
So you noticed that Lauro did not like getting his hands dirty too? :twisted:
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 19:30

ElfenMagix wrote:So you noticed that Lauro did not like getting his hands dirty too?
that was the first thing I noticed about him. The first time I watched the beginnning of episode nine, my thoughts went something like this:
"WTF?! He just sits there in his Land Rover playing threatening phone tag while she does all the fucking work? This guy's a douche..."
Every other handler (even Alessandro, and I don't have a very high opinion of him) goes into the field with his cyborg, working directly alongside her, thereby putting his life into her hands.
Lauro was never anything more than a piece of shit. If Elsa hadn't been as obsessive (and talented) as she was, I don't think she'd have performed well at all. I doubt Lauro was ever actually with her in the field.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 20:18

LoC978 wrote:
ElfenMagix wrote:So you noticed that Lauro did not like getting his hands dirty too?
that was the first thing I noticed about him. The first time I watched the beginnning of episode nine, my thoughts went something like this:
"WTF?! He just sits there in his Land Rover playing threatening phone tag while she does all the fucking work? This guy's a douche..."
Every other handler (even Alessandro, and I don't have a very high opinion of him) goes into the field with his cyborg, working directly alongside her, thereby putting his life into her hands.
Lauro was never anything more than a piece of shit. If Elsa hadn't been as obsessive (and talented) as she was, I don't think she'd have performed well at all. I doubt Lauro was ever actually with her in the field.
My sentiments exactly, but I'm willing to give a guy a chance to redeem himself. Thus I must give Lauro a dead chance in doing the same! :twisted:
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 20:24

The notion of Elsa being talented might not be so true after all. I'll post my thoughts in an appropriate thread soon.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 20:31

I'll be interested to see that... I just tend to assume she was talented from the one time we see her perform well (beginning of ep.9), combined with the fact that Lauro never worked with her directly to make sure she does it right (hell, he might not have even been able to tell the difference anymore)
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 20:33

If you look closely, that 'stunning performance' was actually less than so.

But enough teasing. I'll spill everything in a jiffy.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 22:07

Okay, now that we can discuss Elsa in her own new thread (please forward all Lauro haet to that thread) I've got another one for you.
Karoke. With cyborgs. Don't know how I came up with it. Discuss.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2007 - 22:54

Elfen and LoC's posts.
Lauro was far worse than Jean (and Jean isn't great).

Lauro just fucking ignored her. When she tried to say something he just turned
up the radio. It doen't take a conditioned child to go mad if their
parent/guardian outright ignores them.

Jean is like a very strict parent, but his relationship with Rico is clean and clear. Rico is not afraid to toalk to Jean and Jean answers what he sees fit to answer. They have normal communication and interaction (even if its on strict rules). The type that Henrietta envies. (When Rico was pulled of the side blocks of a road 'Etta immadiately got on hoping that Jose would do the same.) Jean also warms uo in recent episodes, and contrary to what I originally thought (that its just the effect of going to Sicily) he seems to maintain some of that attitude. In vol. 6 he puts his hand on Rico's shoulder to let her know they were going in a very warm manner compared to the disciplining tug on the coat he gave her in the beggingn of the Elsa story. And also how many of you guys never got a beating? I'm not trying to justify hitting a little girl, but Jean is in the "bad parent" category while Lauro is just plain fucked up.

Anyway; Sorry sasahara17, sweat I didn't mean to cut in. The other thread is more of a technical discussion of how Elsa screwed up.

Cyborg Karoke it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 7:56

No worries.

Anyway, Cyborg karaoke. We all know they can play instruments, but can they
SING? To my knowledge, none of the cyborgs have tried to serenade their
handlers. So are their voices angelic?

Only one way to find out.

He's my take on it.

+ Henrietta of course picks something so adorably cute (Think Sanzenin Nagi's
'Dame!') that everybody swoons regardless of whether she is good or not.

+ Rico, probably tries her best, but she can't sing. Jean takes her from the Karaoke
bar to save face.

+ Trilea does death metal and screams her lungs out, making everyone want
Henrietta to get back on stage.

+ Claes goes into a rendition of 'Ave Maria'. Nuff said.

+ Petrushka, influenced by her former life as a ballet dancer, sings from a
musical, making everyone happy...

Then Angie suddenly steps up and does Avril Lavinge (shudder). That little
white daemon (utterly convinced after seeing... 'Perro'.)

You can argue that the image songs suggest they can sing, but it’s not expressly
canon. I took it as more of the girls expressing their innermost thoughts,
rather than actually singing to anyone.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 8:12

I picture sassy Triela as being one who would groove to aggressive, confident, rebellious and playfully cocky power pop punk - perhaps something after the flavor of the Faders. I can also envision her as having one heck of a singing voice and a powerful set of lungs.

Given the lovable little things that Angie, Henrietta and Rico are, they, I imagine, would go for adorable, sunny, feel-good numbers - think cuter J-pop tunes and Hillary Duff's earlier work.

Our fanon's interpretation of Claes is that of a girl who maintains an outward air of seriousness and prim and proper respectability, but secretly wants to let her hair down and go wild. I therefore have an image of her listening to cultured classical music in the open, while grinding to raunchy electronica-inspired glam rock in private (Goldfrapp's infectiously salacious symphonies immediately leap to mind).

I have no idea about Petra, having yet to read about her.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 8:48

Yeah, my work was meant to be crack. I'm high on red bull and far from sane right now so don't mind me.

Another bunch of ideas (I seem to be full of them),

(1)Enrika Croche, 'dies' on the operating table after her timely 'death' at the hands of the Padania, but is taken to XXX agency and becomes a cyborg (what it happened to Danielle in Handsome Men). Since other orgs may not be as morally inclined (yeah right) as the SWA and may neglect to bother with a little thing called 'permission' first, what will happen to the poor Croce Bros when they
see their real little sister. What will Henrietta think?
Does she remember her brothers? (Y)-Sibling rivalry between Rico, herself and Henrietta? Cyborg Catfight? (N) What will her brothers think? Will Jose and Jean start acting diffrently? Will it affect their work?

(2) Speaking of sibling rivalry, I don't think we have yet to have a proper
cyborg-handler relationship that involves a 'overprotective big sibling' and
the 'infuriated young one'. The best we got is Triela/Hillshire, but that also
borhders on... complicated.

I think it be best explained by this example;
"(name1), I think there's too many of them. I'll lead, you stay..."
"Not again! (name2), I've done the hours. I can handle this. Trust me!"
"Look, who's the handler here? You or me?
"Who is the cyborg here? You or me?"
"Good god, I can't believe I'm arguing with you at a time like this...!"
"Yeah me too bucko! I can handle myself if you would only let me! For goodness sakes I don't care how good you are, I'm better!"
"Prove it!"
"Oh, you've done it now!"
Radio
"Shut up (name4)!"
"Shut up (name4)!"
Radio <... are you two sure you aren't related?>

(3) Last one, last but not least, is this weird idea I came up with.

Henrietta runs out of the room screaming eyes wide in terror. “Jose! Jose!” Behind her a flickering TV set with the words ‘You will die in seven days.’ slowly dims as a cursed tape is ejected out of a VCR...
Now the GSG has an enemy no amount of five seven cartriges can ever defeat.

It actually came when I was toying with a F.E.A.R. crossover, but I think Alma is far too powerful (see what she did to that building in the Project Origin screenshot? Not using Akira my ass.) for even the combined might of all the girls. It’ll take someone really special to fight that psychic ghost on an even footing, so driving off Sadako or Samara would be much more reasonable challenge since the girls and the handlers won’t be liquefied/incinerated/Jankowskied in the first few moments of confrontation.

Am I the only one experiencing problems with posting? EDIT-WTF My post was all messed up. I had to edit it twice to get it right.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 10:08

Cyborg karaoke
Henrietta and Rico singing the one of the most annoying songs ever written...
Booomer wrote:here
Coming upon a red traffic light, Hillshire slowed to a stop. As he waited for the light to change, Hillshire began to hum a familiar tune. Henrietta eyes lit up as she recalled this particular tune.

“Rico, let’s sing!” Henrietta squealed in delight.

“Okay!” Rico replied.

Recognizing the tune Hillshire was humming Triela muttered, “Oh, god.”

“Moskau, Fremd und geheimnisvol…” Henrietta and Rico began.

“Hillshire…” Jean said suddenly at a loss for words.

Hillshire smiled and continued to hum along with Rico and Henrietta’s vocals, bobbing his head in tune with certain parts. Leaning forward, Triela moved very close to Hillshire’s ear.

“I hate you Hillshire,” Triela whispered. “I really, really hate you.”

Hillshire’s smile only widened as he muttered, “Two for one.”

“Kosaken hey hey hey hebt die Gläser...” Rico and Henrietta continued as the drive back to the Agency continued.

Hillshire purposely kept below the speed limit for the entire drive.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 11:04

Nachtsider wrote:The jury is similarly out on whether Triela possesses Henrietta-like feelings for Hillshire - some, including myself, say that whatever feelings she has for him are purely platonic, while others explore the notion of romantic denial on Triela's part and interpret their relationship as being one with underlying sexual tension.
Sorry to jump so far back into the thread, but if you look at Vol.4, page 59,60 Mimi catches Triela off guard by asking her about her feelings for Hillshire. This gets Triela completely flustered, which leads me to believe that there's more to her feelings then just plutonic.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 11:08

sasahara17 wrote:Yeah, my work was meant to be crack. I'm high on red bull and far from sane right now so don't mind me.

Another bunch of ideas (I seem to be full of them),

(1)Enrika Croche, 'dies' on the operating table after her timely 'death' at the hands of the Padania, but is taken to XXX agency and becomes a cyborg (what it happened to Danielle in Handsome Men). Since other orgs may not be as morally inclined (yeah right) as the SWA and may neglect to bother with a little thing called 'permission' first, what will happen to the poor Croce Bros when they
see their real little sister. What will Henrietta think?
Does she remember her brothers? (Y)-Sibling rivalry between Rico, herself and Henrietta? Cyborg Catfight? (N) What will her brothers think? Will Jose and Jean start acting diffrently? Will it affect their work?

(2) Speaking of sibling rivalry, I don't think we have yet to have a proper
cyborg-handler relationship that involves a 'overprotective big sibling' and
the 'infuriated young one'. The best we got is Triela/Hillshire, but that also
borhders on... complicated.

1) If Jean is anything like Fernando in my FanFict- Solution's Resolution- Jean would have the Chief's head on a platter for turning Enrika into a cyborg. Double trouble when Jose goes out Berzerk on the SWA Compound for the same thing... Mind, Fernando only tried to take Jean's head off when he found his god-daughter Rachel at the Cyborg Display Room. Jean and Jose would act worst since they would have mourned for her and buried what they could have found of her... and to have that scar reopenned by seeing her a cyborg... It would mean the Death for the SWA Section 2.

1b) If it ever got to be that far- Enrika would be shared by the brothers as a cyborg, and Henrietta would be pissed by Jose giving her sister too much attention. So its not happening because of #1

2) If a handler is too over protective, the cyborg would never see action on the field. Conditioning would take care of the cyborg's infuriation and tone it by a lot.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 12:41

[edit] I just scrapped my whole post. I have way to much ideas about Triela's relationship with Hilshire. I think I'll start a thread about it sometime. For now I think that there is at the very least a possibility of something non-platonic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 17:41

sasahara17 wrote:(1)Enrika Croche, 'dies' on the operating table after her timely 'death' at the hands of the Padania, but is taken to XXX agency and becomes a cyborg. Since other orgs may not be as morally inclined (yeah right) as the SWA and may neglect to bother with a little thing called 'permission' first, what will happen to the poor Croce Bros when they see their real little sister.
The idea of Enrika as a cyborg is down right blasphemous. I refuse to even discuss the possibility of such a thing! My Jose have mercy on your soul.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 19:40

Danjo3 wrote:The idea of Enrika as a cyborg is down right blasphemous. I refuse to even discuss the possibility of such a thing! My Jose have mercy on your soul.
Hey, just puttin the idea out there. It takes a mind as sick and twisted as mine to think of such heartless things. (smiles evilly). You don't even know half the things that go on in here. (taps head). A product of too little sleep/insomnia, built up frustration and boredom.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 19:42

Danjo3 wrote:Sorry to jump so far back into the thread, but if you look at Vol.4, page 59,60 Mimi catches Triela off guard by asking her about her feelings for Hillshire. This gets Triela completely flustered, which leads me to believe that there's more to her feelings then just plutonic.

Don't bother about jumping back, Danjo - I do it all the time, too.

Regarding the issue you present, Triela may have gotten flustered about Mimi suggesting the existence of something that was not there. I've seen it happen all the time in real life. But only time will tell, I suppose.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 20:33

Danjo3 wrote:
Nachtsider wrote:The jury is similarly out on whether Triela possesses Henrietta-like feelings for Hillshire - some, including myself, say that whatever feelings she has for him are purely platonic, while others explore the notion of romantic denial on Triela's part and interpret their relationship as being one with underlying sexual tension.
Sorry to jump so far back into the thread, but if you look at Vol.4, page 59,60 Mimi catches Triela off guard by asking her about her feelings for Hillshire. This gets Triela completely flustered, which leads me to believe that there's more to her feelings then just plutonic.

Sounds like a good idea for a fic to me. Someone should come up with a 'My Best Friend's Wedding' scenario and force Triela to confront her feelings head on. I love their relationship; 'complicated' at it's best.
"What is he to her?" this is the question!
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 20:54

Nachtsider wrote: Regarding the issue you present, Triela may have gotten flustered
about Mimi suggesting the existence of something that was not there.
I've seen it happen all the time in real life. But only time will tell,
I suppose.
The scene sort of builds up. It starts with a relatively innocent question of: "What is your relationship with him." at which point Triela's expression is already really funny. She completely looses her composure. Mimi only implies the possibility of a "forbidden-relationship" later.

I'd say there is a chance that there is something there. Although most of Triela's reactions stem from her confusion about her emotions.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 21:37

Confused emotions are one thing which can be dealt with by sitting down and talking with the one the feelings are about. Executing what those feelings are telling you to do maybe the biggest mistake anyone could ever make without trying to figure out what those feelings are telling you to do...

In my years as a lifeguard, I have been offered so much sex by so many girls/ladies/women because I saved them or somebody they were in charge of (ie: their kids or close relations), it would not mattered if I my own relationship because it was all there laid for me. I did not take into that, though I know many life guards that did (and lost my respect for them for doing so). Just because a girl has such emotions that for what ever reason she might throw herself at a guy, does not mean that the guy should take advantage of it. But some people should think with their heads on top of their necks and not with the head in their underwear.

Last edited by on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 21:48; edited 1 time in total
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 21:39

Elfen, I agree that communication is the key to sorting such quandaries out. Unfortunately, there are many people who just don't have the guts to sit down and rationally talk things over.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 21:50

Nachtsider wrote:Elfen, I agree that communication is the key to sorting such quandaries out. Unfortunately, there are many people who just don't have the guts to sit down and rationally talk things over.
That is why I have an Ex-From-Hell...
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 23:26

ElfenMagix wrote:Confused emotions are one thing which can be dealt with by sitting down
and talking with the one the feelings are about. Executing what those
feelings are telling you to do maybe the biggest mistake anyone could
ever make without trying to figure out what those feelings are telling
you to do...
Yeah, Triela is doing everything she can to avoid the topic. From her fake reactions to things like Hillshire's statement "You would never betray me. And I would never betray you." to letting the whole subject slide with the evasive "We're fratello, we don't need to talk about love."

I can understand why she would be scared, though.

Oh, and Mimi says something similar: "Don't keep your feelings to yourself or you'll get hurt." The two possibilities are that either the person finds someone else or because you kept it in too long you'll end up acting irrationally at some moment and possibly screw everything up... or you'll just never actually talk it over and live the rest of your life tortured by that fact.

Now... I'll give LoC's image posting tutorial a try...

Idea and concept generation 059qk7

Success! cheers

Last edited by on Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 23:32; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 23:31

Just marvel at the quality of that scan.

You win, dude.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 14 Nov 2007 - 23:47

Congrats, you won the door prize.
Now go collect your door!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 1:57

I think Mimi is reading Triela like a book. She basically says, "You like him but are afraid to tell him, am I right?" Instead of simply saying no, she looks down and says, "No comment."

Later she tells Triela she should confess her true feelings for him. Again, no protest. She just gives that shy little smile.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2007 - 12:39

At first she wouldn't let Hillshire touch her and would pretend she felt nothing but anoyance for him. (rather tipical for a girl who loves her dad, but also wants to be independent and is sometimes embarassed by him) Aften the Pinochio thing she felt really guilty that she had failed him (obviously has very strong feelings for him). But, at the end of that, she let him hug her . Hard to say whether that was just a thing of the moment or a permament step forward.

The chemistry is different for the cyborgs than for humans. The distinction between sexual love and attachment may be blurred. Love is not something that just happens. There are things that inspire it and things that break it. If it is cared for two people can make it flare up and when neglected it will burn out. It's very possible that in which way it will go depends largely on how the cyborg and handler work out their relationship. Triela proubably feels something a hell of a lot stronger than just plain attachment, wheather its sexual attraction is left for debate. There is a whole chapter which emphesizes Triela having her period; i.e. being at a mature age. But, there is also a lot of reference to the father daughter relationship. So it can go both ways.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 16 Nov 2007 - 21:26

But anyway.

In keeping with the original intent of this thread, here are some 'Rogue Fratello' story ideas that anyone may use:

(1) In an attempt to have Section Two shut down, Chief Draghi pulls some strings that result in one or more fratello teams being framed for a crime (assasination, perhaps). Presently on the run, they not only have to contend with their former comrades who are hunting them down, but also work to clear their names.

(2) Raballo has survived the attempt on his life by the Agency, and is determined to put a stop to their racket. Now lying low, he contacts Claes, reminds her of who he is, and uses her as a spy to take the Agency down from within.

(3) A fratello team go AWOL. The handler in question has struck up a deal with terrorists - an obscenely large reward in exchange for their taking his cyborg and seeing what makes her tick, that they may negate the Agency's advantage over every adversary. The cyborg does not know of her handler's ulterior motives - he is using her devotion to him as a means of making her tag along and protect him (making her one hell of an operative would be advantageous to the story in this regard).

(4) A section of the Italian military are of the belief that the government have been too soft on the Northern seperatists. Consequently, they go rogue, launching a brutal, full-scale attack on the North. Among these rogue military elements are one or more fratello teams, whose handlers are among those who believe in the 'no soft options' doctrine. The special units tasked with putting down this rebellion include the SWA's remaining personnel, who find themselves hard-pressed at having to deal with their friends.

People might complain that these ideas might seem implausible, especially #2. My advice - just write them in such a way that they will actually work, dammit.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Fri 16 Nov 2007 - 22:33

Nachtsider wrote:But anyway.

In keeping with the original intent of this thread, here are some 'Rogue Fratello' story ideas that anyone may use:

(1) In an attempt to have Section Two shut down, Chief Draghi pulls some strings that result in one or more fratello teams being framed for a crime (assasination, perhaps). Presently on the run, they not only have to contend with their former comrades who are hunting them down, but also work to clear their names.

(2) Raballo has survived the attempt on his life by the Agency, and is determined to put a stop to their racket. Now lying low, he contacts Claes, reminds her of who he is, and uses her as a spy to take the Agency down from within.

(3) A fratello team go AWOL. The handler in question has struck up a deal with terrorists - an obscenely large reward in exchange for their taking his cyborg and seeing what makes her tick, that they may negate the Agency's advantage over every adversary. The cyborg does not know of her handler's ulterior motives - he is using her devotion to him as a means of making her tag along and protect him (making her one hell of an operative would be advantageous to the story in this regard).

(4) A section of the Italian military are of the belief that the government have been too soft on the Northern seperatists. Consequently, they go rogue, launching a brutal, full-scale attack on the North. Among these rogue military elements are one or more fratello teams, whose handlers are among those who believe in the 'no soft options' doctrine. The special units tasked with putting down this rebellion include the SWA's remaining personnel, who find themselves hard-pressed at having to deal with their friends.

People might complain that these ideas might seem implausible, especially #2. My advice - just write them in such a way that they will actually work, dammit.
I have a simillar idea to #1, but it wont be Draghi that tries to shut down Section 2. I'll start it when I'm almost done with the current one...

I like #2, and think its plausable. Despite what others have commented on about it. Those two spend days camping in a tent! Who knows what went on between them! :shock: Look deeply into my eyes...

#3 sounds like the Ernesto/Pia team, if we ever get the information on them! Until then- Pia remains alive in my fanfict... just a bit older and a bit meaner.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next