Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sliders Crossover

3 posters

Go down

Sliders Crossover Empty Sliders Crossover

Post by sasahara17 Wed 4 Jun 2008 - 18:47

Bored out of my mind, so I decided to go and post the darn thing anyway.

This is the Slider's concept I briefly referenced in my DaiKrauser fic.

--

Sliders Crossover

--

Intro

When Edward Elric attempts human transmutation to bring back his brother, his little brush with the gate had an unforeseen side effect; he dislodged himself and six other poor souls from their home dimensions and cast the lot of them adrift among the multiverse. Now, Edward must lead his band of misfits, jumping from dimension to dimension as they try to return home. However, unknown to them, there is a greater destiny in store for these travelers.

The Protagonists

Edward Elric
(Full Metal Alchemist TV), from just after he used himself to being back Alphonse
Anita King (R.O.D. TV), from just before she met Nenene Sumiregawa (!)
Celestine ‘Celes’ Victoria (Hellsing TV), from just after she was struck by Incognito*
Shiki Tohno (Tsukihime), after he starts down the path that would make him the Shikiller (Satsujinki)
Aoi/Laughing Man (GITS SAC), an unspecified time after GITS SAC
Elsa de Sica (Gunslinger Girl), miliseconds before putting one in the back of Lauro's head
Magik (Orphen), an unspecified time after the end of the second season

General idea

Afformented characters go gallivanting across the multiverse trying to find their respective realities (which they naturally don’t return to until the end) while helping those in need, punishing the wicked and becoming extraordinarily powerful, so much so several of the protagonists powers even border on godlike at the end (Aoi, Anita, Celes and Shiki).

Most characters become obscenely powerful since dimension hopping gives them the unique ability to expand their horizons a little as well as experiment with their abilities. Also there is the necessity for them to get that powerful, as those antagonists that can follow them across the dimensional barriers of time and space normally are people they would have rather not have agitated in retrospect.

Anyway aside from external threats, many of the characters have personal demons to settle as their journey to get home becomes a journey of self discovery.

--

* Not to be confused with her double, Serena 'Seras' Victoria. Poking fun at the whole Seras-Celes mess a few years back.

--

Anyway, I never picked this up since this would have been a massive undertaking for my part, especially since we're talking about a crossover to end all crossovers. One misstep, and the whold thing would end up as a farce.

I'm nowghere near skilled enough to write this (yet), so it's more or less in cold storage for now.

Last edited by sasahara17 on Thu 5 Jun 2008 - 22:25; edited 1 time in total
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Sliders Crossover Empty Re: Sliders Crossover

Post by Guest Thu 5 Jun 2008 - 9:53

Banding a couple of characters from widely disparate continuums sounds fascinating. I only wished that I recognized more of the names you put out. (As is, I know about Fullmetal Alchemist and in general and Elsa de Sica in particular.) I would really love to see someone write something like this.

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Thu 5 Jun 2008 - 22:34

Just some additional notes...

+ Some characters will have fighting abilities so foreign to another character's that it'll run the risk of marginilising several characters in favor of another. I tried picking characters whose abilities were generally around the same level, or failing that, chcracters who are able to contribue to the group outside of the 'smash and bash' area.

+ As you may have noticed, aside from Edward who was rather popular, I tried picking lesser appreciated series or charcaters who didn't have enougth limelight. This was a couple of years back, so several of the 'obscure underappreciated characters' are popular now.

+ I've altered Celes backstory significantly as a joke. Seeing as how there was a whole Celes-Seras confusion in the early days of Hellsing, I thought I'd have the best of both worlds and make BOTH characters exist simultaneously, abiet as dimensional doubles.

+ The 'personal demons' I've mentiond, I've tried to keep all thse character specific story arcs in line with their 'parent series'. For instance, Anita's dilemma has to do with 'fabircated memories' like in the TV series, except I've scaled the problem up tenfold, and Celes problem involves her dilemma over her waning humanity (the more powerful their enemies get, the more she exercisies her vampiric powers and thus becomes more inhuman), Shiki is completely hung up on Arcueid, and so on.

But as I said, this story as I planned it out, spans EIGHT frigging years, involving a staggering number or anime and game fanchises. Not to mention, every member of the Sliders needs to have their moment in the limelight.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jun 2008 - 9:46

I don't suppose you could bring this group of Sliders to the Equilibrium universe. It's set in a world where a totalitarian state uses drugs to keep it's citizens from experiencing the far highs and far lows of emotion, sacrificing love and joy so that people won't experience the feelings responsible for war, like jealousy, hatred, and rage. It's a stark world; all those things capable of inspiring emotion, like art, music, and poetry, are rounded up by the government and sytematically destroyed. those people who skip their regular doses of the drug are killed if caught.
The government has formed a unique warrior class in order to aid in their struggle to quash those who resist their will. These warriors are called Grammaton Clerics, and, alongside traditional training, they practice a special type of martial arts: Gun Kata. This style of fighting enables the Cleric to gun down opponents rapidly and effeciently while evading return fire. (It's also...rather at odds with what a gunfighter like Elsa has learned, which should make the party's first encounter with a Cleric intersting.)
As a final note, the movie is not widely known, making it a perfect fit for the way you're using lesser-known people in your party.

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Thu 12 Jun 2008 - 19:01

Funny you should mention Equilibrium and Gun-kata. Three characters (or is it four...?) in Echoes are praticioners of it at varying levels of expertise. In a universe that goes by standard rules of engagement it's the one surefire way to make one character so unbelieveably scary to any mortal humans (already a hint at who is the practitioner).

I've never actually seen the full Equilibrium movie before, but I horde youtube videos of it whenever I can.

That said, I was planning on making the resident Cyborg learn Gun-kata anyway, since it's practically a requirement for any gunman to take on some of the nastier foes in the multiverse.

Regqrding the resident Cyborg, in the light of Chapter Nine, I was thinking that perhaps a better candidate for the dimension jumpuing would be a 'fully healed' Angelica. Several characters I've picked have been snatched from mere moment's before their demise (not immediately apparent, but it's there)... and since Angie's death was so emotional, I thought maybe she'd be a better candidate.

Thoughts?
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jun 2008 - 16:28

[quote="sasahara17"]I've never actually seen the full Equilibrium movie before, but I horde youtube videos of it whenever I can.[quote]

I've watched just about all the Equilibrium videos I can find on YouTube. You can actually see the movie itself on YouTube if you don't care about probably breaking the law (which I do).

Whoever learns Gun Kata, they should probably have a teacher. One fanfic writer actually added a little fanon to Gun Kata, elaborating on what how it works. If you feel the need to do the same thing in your story, I'd welcome it.

Will the Gun Kata student learn how to use a katana? It seems pretty important to the Clerics, and I think that Cleric trainees are taught the katana to help them learn how to use their guns.

As for which cyborg, definitely Elsa. Her story was so short, and it would be fascinating to see her grow. Angelica, though sweet, just can't offer as much character-wise.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 13 Jun 2008 - 18:10

Equilibruim and Gun Kata
if you think this...
Sliders Crossover Eqhallway
...is impressive, check this out:
Sliders Crossover 2yju8ea
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Fri 13 Jun 2008 - 19:01

J the Drafter wrote:Whoever learns Gun Kata, they should probably have a teacher. One fanfic writer actually added a little fanon to Gun Kata, elaborating on what how it works. If you feel the need to do the same thing in your story, I'd welcome it.
Already one step aahead of you.

J the Drafter wrote:Will the Gun Kata student learn how to use a katana? It seems pretty important to the Clerics, and I think that Cleric trainees are taught the katana to help them learn how to use their guns.
I was thinking of a rudimentary version of Gun-kata, before it was refiened into a formal martial art. The basics are there, but nothing as in depth as sword training.

J the Drafter wrote:As for which cyborg, definitely Elsa. Her story was so short, and it would be fascinating to see her grow. Angelica, though sweet, just can't offer as much character-wise.
Actually, Elsa is going to learn it in 'Marked' from Andreas (or at least, only the basics). The practitioners in 'Echoes' are Masters, primarily meant to scare the crap out of mortal human Wilfred Sheppard (thankfully, one of them is Victoria, a 'good' cyborg, but she's only a adept... and she scares the crap out of Wilfred anyway).

LoC978 wrote:Sliders Crossover 2yju8ea
Holy... who is the mean S.O.B.?
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sat 14 Jun 2008 - 6:18

LoC978 wrote:
Equilibruim and Gun Kata
if you think this...
Sliders Crossover Eqhallway
...is impressive, check this out:
Sliders Crossover 2yju8ea

damn censored !
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down