Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings and a question regarding content

+4
Kiskaloo
Professor Voodoo
Alfisti
Donato
8 posters

Go down

Greetings and a question regarding content Empty Greetings and a question regarding content

Post by Donato Tue 15 Jun 2010 - 3:59

Hello, it’s nice to see a forum dedicated to gunslinger girl (and black lagoon as well, I like both
animes [ I’m merely starting with the mangas]).

I read the rules talking about the way the users must behave, but I have some questions regarding
content: I would like to ask about gunslinger girl figures, I want to know how
many have you seen and where (internet sites) so I could purchase them, but not
in the attitude “hey bring me all the information pl0x”, I searched and found
several options, but some of you might know of more, I would like to make a
topic, showing all the results I got, and then asking whether you know more sites and figures or not. I’m specially
trying to find from Claes and Angelica. (There seems to be a lack of them).

Anyway… my question here is: Am I allowed to create that kind of topics? (considering, it might
somehow be out of the main objective of the forum), and if so, where should I place it?

Ah, and my favorite cyborg is Claes, because of the plot involved with her, and her intellectual profile,
is just attracting; although, all the characters seem to have emotions and desires that make them “look” somewhat realistic.

Donato

Male

Forum Posts : 3

Registration date : 2010-06-15

Back to top Go down

Greetings and a question regarding content Empty Re: Greetings and a question regarding content

Post by Alfisti Tue 15 Jun 2010 - 4:12

First up, hey and welcome to the forum! Please leave your sanity at the door.

As to the other, there's already a bit of figure talk going on in this thread over in "Gunslinger Girl Anime, Manga and Video Games Discussion", so that might be a good place to start.

What figures I know of, without going into Garage Kits, both scale figures are of 'Etta. There's Goodsmile's one and a Polystone version of a kit. Goodsmile was talking of releasing a PVC version of Triela as well, but that seems to have been shelved. Aside from those there's two (?) sets of capsule-toy type figures of the girls... and the Pinky:st version of 'Etta. Those are the ones I know of.

Unfortunately they've all been out of production for a goodly long while, so most retailers are out of stock. Best bet would probs be eBay (seen a few Goodsmile 'Ettas there,the capsule toys and a Pinky or two, but expect to pay a premium) or Yahoo! auctions these days.

Alternately, take a trip to Tokyo and browse through Akiba or one of the other big Otaku areas... I found Pinky:st 'Etta that way in a clearance-stock/bargain bin...

...and you get a Tokyo holiday into the bargain Greetings and a question regarding content 684325
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Greetings and a question regarding content Empty Re: Greetings and a question regarding content

Post by Professor Voodoo Tue 15 Jun 2010 - 4:31

Welcome to the forum...cool choice of username.
Donato wrote: I’m specially trying to find from Claes and Angelica. (There seems to be a lack of them).
I'm no expert on such things, but here's evidence that figurine of Claes & Angie have been produced. There's supposed to be an Elsa in this series too, but I've never seen it.
Greetings and a question regarding content Solidw10
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Donato Tue 15 Jun 2010 - 5:32

Ok thanks for the information, *facepalm*, I didn’t really pay attention to that specific topic.
(I already read it though, and its somewhat related).

To Professor Voodoo: I apologize, when I meant “lack of” I was referring to the limited number of them, (maybe I’m waaay too ambiguous), that’s why I was planning to show the figures I found first, and then ask about any other you knew of; there are many more figures from Triela and Henrietta, compared to Claes and Angelica (which is too bad, both are great).

To Alfisti: Thanks, the capsule toy figures, and the Pink : st’s version of Henrietta, weren’t
found in my search, the rest did. I’ll follow your advice in order to buy them,and I don’t care too much about the price, I really want them >.< …

And sorry I’m a little newbie to figure related topics; those would be the first I ever get.

P.S. My user name needed to be Italian due to the context of the series hehe.

Donato

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 15 Jun 2010 - 5:57

Professor Voodoo wrote:I'm no expert on such things, but here's evidence that figurine of Claes & Angie have been produced. There's supposed to be an Elsa in this series too, but I've never seen it.
Greetings and a question regarding content Solidw10

She was the "special" figure in that set.

And welcome to the forum!
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Tue 15 Jun 2010 - 7:37

Welcome to the Gunslinger Girl boards! ^_^

I would also LOVE to get the Claes and Angelica from that set. I have everyone else, but never got those 2, and I have only seen the repaints up for sale (uglyyy). I want the whole set really bad too. ;_;

This is the picture of the Elsa figure.

Greetings and a question regarding content Photo380
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Donato Tue 15 Jun 2010 - 13:30

Awesome!... I think I’m jealous… and I really think the perfect figure for Angelica would be *SPOILER*

Spoiler:
But damn I’ll stop
daydreaming… Tsk I’ll find a way to contribute around here, It seems to be a good community .-.

Donato

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura Tue 15 Jun 2010 - 21:22

Triela wrote:I have only seen the repaints up for sale (uglyyy).
Are those the alternate versions? I have the original Claes in the picture, but the Triela and Rico I own are alternates (Rico has a blue dress and Triela is wearing purple).

Anyways, Welcome Donato! Greetings and a question regarding content Icon_razz
Sakura
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Forum Posts : 472

Fan of : Penguins, Pancake Bunny

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 15 Jun 2010 - 21:24

I buy them by the shipping box so I end up with all the main ones, plus some alternates.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu Tue 15 Jun 2010 - 22:11

Welcome to the forum!

Someone actually read the rules? Sweet!

You're allow to create a topic on just about anything ('cept spam). GSG related stuff usually goes in the main GSG section or in one of the other GSG sections when appropriate (e.g. a topic about a certain gun in the series would go the the weapons section).

SnoozeTime
KodokuRyuu
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Sat 19 Jun 2010 - 20:08

Hey there! Hope youi´ll enjoy your time around here!

As for the figures: I once saw some on ebay with a few differences like Rico wearing a blue dress... don´t know if that might interest you ^__^;;;; anyways welcome!
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire

Original Characters : ääähm...

Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down