Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you deal with there being no new content

+2
Alfisti
kainoa123
6 posters

Go down

How do you deal with there being no new content Empty How do you deal with there being no new content

Post by kainoa123 Thu 30 Jan 2014 - 4:24

As someone who just reasently discovered/consumed the anime and manga I can't help but feel a soul crushing sadness that there likely will not be any more anime and the manga is officially done. The many a being done is understandable even if the ending was a little light on closure. That I can deal with seeing as how Aida had been working on it for so long and naturally wanted to move on. However the fact that there are only two seasons of the anime one being considerably lower in production value is unbeleavable to me. Personally I would welcome a third season done in the style of the first or second or as many people suggested even a third studios take would be better than nothing. I've never seem anything but praise for the manga and the anime (except the second season) and I just can't wrap my head around the fact that they are not going to finish animating the manga at least. I'd say the concept is so compelling they could get away with making the anime even past the end of the manga without altering the ending seeing as how the many a leaves it pretty open. Please this is literally keeping me up at night someone help me!!

kainoa123

Male

Forum Posts : 2

Fan of : Gsg

Original Characters : none

Comments : Just want to leave one

Registration date : 2014-01-30

Back to top Go down

How do you deal with there being no new content Empty Re: How do you deal with there being no new content

Post by Alfisti Thu 30 Jan 2014 - 5:39

Well, first up: welcome to the forum, make sure to duck over to the come say hello board and start a thread to introduce yourself.

As to dealing with the lack of new content: I think, for me, the fandom (see: the people on this board) is what keeps me interested. Were it not for that, I probably would have moved on ages ago. There is, after all, only so many times you can revisit something, even something you love, if it does not evolve and grow.

You also might have noticed, the forum is quite fanfiction-author heavy. As you noted: the series itself is left quite open, so that would be answer b: create your own new content, whether it be OC, or working with the canon characters... and there's plenty of us here only too happy to discuss ideas (be warned: it can get a bit blunt at times, but we mean well. One of the issues of having such an open world to play in is that ideas can often be conflicting. Just take things with a grain of salt sweat ) and help with story/character development or writing technicalities.

I think a combination of the two works pretty well. At least, it does for me.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

How do you deal with there being no new content Empty Re: How do you deal with there being no new content

Post by Vett Thu 30 Jan 2014 - 8:44

For 'you' in general, I'd second Alfisti and recomend fanfiction, whether writing or reading it (check out the library sub-forum).

Failing that, read/watch them again or branch out to similar things e.g. Leon.

Alfisti wrote:be warned: it can get a bit blunt at times, but we mean well.

I don't know if I'd go so far as blunt... but if we don't like something, we do try and tell you why: you can't improve otherwise.

Me personally, on the other hand...

I've no investment in the series or the characters (and have issues with the ending), so I'm not particularly bothered about the fact that there's no more. I do, however, like the potential of the world Yu Aida's created and (mostly) the high useful review:hits ratio the forum fanfiction section has.

Which is why I've... er... not posted anything.

So yeah... came for the reviews, stayed for the interesting discussion.

Vett

Male

Forum Posts : 195

Fan of : Triella, Henrietta

Original Characters : Rebecca/Edward

Comments :

Registration date : 2012-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 31 Jan 2014 - 5:05

Vett wrote:
Alfisti wrote:be warned: it can get a bit blunt at times, but we mean well.

I don't know if I'd go so far as blunt... but if we don't like something, we do try and tell you why: you can't improve otherwise.
The forum itself isn't too bad, people have time to think about what they're saying, the chat can be a little more raw though I think. Not that that's a bad thing, and it's certainly a great way to kick around ideas.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jan 2014 - 18:07

I'm in agreement with Alfisti, and Vett.  I like seeing how everyone has interpreted the sandbox that Aida created.  There is no shortage of ideas and variations which keeps things interesting, just keep an open mind

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 Fri 31 Jan 2014 - 20:01

I've gotten various ideas from kicking around ideas on chat. There are always new ideas circulating and the people keep Yu's world fresh and new. It really is a sandbox, and we're all playing in it it seems Very Happy .
PolosElite23
PolosElite23

Male

Forum Posts : 936

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire, and Angelica

Original Characters : Various

Comments : A journey of a lifetime starts with a blinking cursor.

Registration date : 2013-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 25 Feb 2014 - 23:56

As Al has pointed out, we deal with new content by making new content. It's a hell of a coping mechanism. )
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 26 Feb 2014 - 17:40

Just because Yu Aida ended the story of Gunslinger Girl as its creator, does not mean that the story has ended. This where fanfiction makes up for the loss.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down