Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random thoughts (you too!)

+12
Totoum
LoC978
Kiskaloo
Toma-kun
Danjo3
tsundere9kagami2
West Nile
boomer_gonz
Wileama
Nachtsider
rusty-spring
Sintendo
16 posters

Go down

Random thoughts (you too!) Empty Random thoughts (you too!)

Post by Sintendo Thu 8 Oct 2009 - 1:23

I worked at the office of my High School from Sophomore through my
Señor year and stole about 2000 scantrons and sold
get-out-of-class-passes for $0.50 each.

Also, my high school councilor took me out of Auto shop class (which he considered useless) and put
me in a 4th year of advanced spanish which I didn't need but he said would be useful in the future (I passed the first 3 years of Spanish with an A for each year. My
school required a minimum of 2 years of foreign language). I didn't do
shit in that spanish class and even mocked my teacher since she was a
bitch whol cried while watching "El Norte". The final was to turn in a
tape recording of us reading an essay about our high school years. I
turned in a tape with Dr. Dre's "Fuck you" recorded from the speakers
of my car.

At the end of my high school senior year, my car broke down on me. How's THAT for irony? Fuck you Rackenbach. Fuck you.

Now that I've had a girlfriend these past few months, most of the females I meet in class are all over me. Seriously. I'm not saying I'm unlucky with the ladies, but this is confusing as shit. Remember a few months ago? Me single = females avoid me like the plague. Me dating = Chick magnet. I don't get it; math is not my forte.

3 people attempted to race me on the freeway today. My car is bone stock so I didn't even try.

My mom's dog is now blind in his left eye. We're considering re-naming him to "White beard the chivalrous pirate from Southern Mongolia" but decided to stay with "Max". Poor guy; he can't recognize me when I walk through the front door of my parent's house anymore and has to sniff my pants to get excited... I wonder if it's his eye or if it's because I don't like here anymore.

I love earning money. My job is boring but hey, it brings in cash. Plus it's a lab job, so I can put that into my resume and smoke it.

Haven't smoked in about a month. I'm taking my first hit from a joint as I type this. Feels good, man.

I'm treating myself because I aced my Entomology test. Supposedly this class is hard as fuck, but meh... a weekend of studying can do wonders.

I filed to graduate the other day... I'm scared...

Random thoughts (you too!) 238644

I'm back up to 280lbs. but it's all gained muscle. Now I need to lose the rest of my fat. Rebecca likes.

I can't run yet because my left knee hasn't fully recovered but I am walking at least 6 miles a day. Cool beans.
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Forum Posts : 618

Comments : It's like a 5 hour orgasm.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Random thoughts (you too!) Empty Re: Random thoughts (you too!)

Post by rusty-spring Thu 8 Oct 2009 - 1:56

Women like men already in relationships because they prove that they're worthy/capable of a relationship already. I find it amusing when non-single, and really annoying when single. Random thoughts (you too!) Icon_razz But it does make sense if you think about it. Funny how that works.

As for excercise I've been jogging 4 miles ~4 days a week, depending on weather and how motivated I am. It's getting colder now, so I'm looking into an exercise bike or something. I'll be damned if I'm going outside in -30 degree weather if I don't have to.
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 8 Oct 2009 - 3:51

Going for someone already in a relationship is rock bottom low class behavior to me. Makes you no better than a thief. Plus, I could never, ever go for 'used goods', unless I were already 'damaged' myself. The only thoughts that could/would ever go through my mind throughout a hypothetical relationship with a formerly attached person: "Somebody else has been between these thighs," and "She's left someone for me. No telling if she'll leave me for somebody else." It would eat me up day and night, until I finally opt to flee. Note very well that I expect a prospective partner to judge me by the same standards. For all the off-color jokes I crack, they remain that - just jokes. I take this kind of thing very seriously.

Job's been pretty busy; it's kept me from participating here as much as I would like to. Also, my wife's final-year examinations are coming up - I'm her personal tutor. Tee-hee, detention.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Thu 8 Oct 2009 - 4:00

I started watching Carl Sagan's Cosmo a few weeks back, and am now approaching the end of the series. I'm saddened that it wasn't till after this great man's death that I really learned anything about him. It's almost like a religious experience some times. This science show keeps moving me to tears. How crazy is that?!

We live in interesting times. There is no greater blessing, and no greater curse.

I moved into my own apartment, just me, for the first time ever. It's was pretty rad to come home after work. I mean seriously I have a wet bar! Around six months after moving into it I'll have to leave. For Japan true, but still I'm going to miss it.

I'm going to re-enlist. It feels right. Then I talk to my mother. I see the worry in her face. Then she says 'well at least you aren't going to Iraq.' I don't know how to explain to her I'll be far more likely to get a deployment in japan then where I'm at now. I wonder if I'm just young, and stupid. Maybe I should go back to school. Get that degree in engineering I always wanted. Am I just taking the comfortable road, because I'm scare of challenging myself?

I got laid last weekend, and I've never felt more alone.

I keep drinking beer, and I'm not hitting the gym as hard. I'm getting a beer gut. Need to fix that.

I hate my stepfather, but still desperately want to love him. Maybe it's the other way around? He once described a play as 'mental masturbation.' No it's not sexual. It remains my favorite phrase, and activity. [after sex of course]

I'm living independently, and comfortably for the first time in my life. It's good.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Thu 8 Oct 2009 - 4:51

Thought about naming the upcoming AlphaxTriela fic 'Blonde Ambition'.

My madness actually revolted against me. I shit you not, all three me's said unto...me; "YOU WOULDN'T DARE!!!!"

BTW: LOLZ @ Detention.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Thu 8 Oct 2009 - 9:38

Nachtsider wrote:Going for someone already in a relationship is rock bottom low class behavior to me. Makes you no better than a thief. Plus, I could never, ever go for 'used goods', unless I were already 'damaged' myself. The only thoughts that could/would ever go through my mind throughout a hypothetical relationship with a formerly attached person: "Somebody else has been between these thighs," and "She's left someone for me. No telling if she'll leave me for somebody else." It would eat me up day and night, until I finally opt to flee. Note very well that I expect a prospective partner to judge me by the same standards. For all the off-color jokes I crack, they remain that - just jokes. I take this kind 0f thing very seriously.

owch, well im badly damaged goods (past 5 girlfriends and all) so im entitled to damaged but still good girls i guess. well i'd say that the thing with sintendo ryt now is that, now that ur taken girls think "well she's with him for a reason, let's find out what" so poof instant chick magnet, it's a sad fact of life lol
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 Thu 8 Oct 2009 - 11:51

Im in computer art class calling the kid next to me a faggot

Ive got a 5 dollar bill in my pockets I dotn want to assignment my teachers pants make me angry.
tsundere9kagami2
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1075

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Thu 8 Oct 2009 - 16:32

Wileama wrote:I started watching Carl Sagan's Cosmo a few weeks back, and am now approaching the end of the series. I'm saddened that it wasn't till after this great man's death that I really learned anything about him. It's almost like a religious experience some times. This science show keeps moving me to tears. How crazy is that?!
Cosmos: A Personal Voyage - IMO, one of the best TV programs ever produced.

Sagan: "We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it's forever."

Last edited by Danjo3 on Thu 8 Oct 2009 - 16:39; edited 1 time in total
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Thu 8 Oct 2009 - 16:37

A little pet peeve of mine. When you ask someone "Do you need X or Y?" and they respond with "Yeah."

Well which is it genius?

Seriously, I try to contain my inner smartass as much as possible, but sometimes it's just impossible.

Random thoughts (you too!) 86919
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Toma-kun Thu 8 Oct 2009 - 20:28

This week is of particular importance to gun owners and enthusiasts alike here in California. For all of those not in the know, on September 11, 2009, Assembly Bill 962 was placed on the Governator's desk for consideration. AB 962, in a nutshell, imposes stricter control over ammo sales; almost to the same degree as handgun sales. It essentially limits ALL handgun ammo sales and ammo related supplies (powder, bullets, casings) in the state to face-to-face transactions only; currently, a gun owner can order any amount of ammo from the Internet with little to no restrictions (with the exceptions of a few cities, like San Francisco and L.A). As most of you probably know, nearly everything is cheaper on the Internet and that includes bulk ammunition. The Internet is also the sole source of many obscure and hard to find calibers that would never turn up in a brick and mortar store. As an additional restriction, no more than 50 rounds of ammo per month can be exchanged or sold unless you are a licensed ammo distributor; so forget about selling your stash.

The bill would also require vendors to obtain more information from anyone purchasing ammunition, including a thumbprint to submit to the Department of Justice. This is supposed to make it more difficult for convicted felons or criminals (read: gang bangers) to acquire ammunition, but honestly, if all of the restrictions on handgun purchases didn't disarm the bangers, why would this?

Arnie has until the 11th of October to veto this bill or it will automatically become law as there is no pocket veto in California. As of today, there has been no word on what his intentions are for this bill or the hundreds of others currently sitting on his desk. There is talk of a mass veto of bills unless lawmakers reach agreement on an overhaul of the state's water system, but who can say what is going on at the capital. Needless to say, we're all waiting with bated breath to see how this drama unfolds. I like to hoard ammo, doesn't matter if it's in games or in real life; I don't like the idea of running out, but I'm not about to pay ridiculous markup for something like ammo because some retard politician thinks it'll stop those idiotic kids from killing each other.

* Rant over *
Toma-kun
Toma-kun

Male

Forum Posts : 134

Fan of : GSG, Boogiepop

Comments : Has a luck stat of 1.

Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 8 Oct 2009 - 20:47

I still think Chris Rock's idea for "Bullet Control" is brilliant. Yes Indeed
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Thu 8 Oct 2009 - 22:04

Oh for the love of..

I'll never understand why authority figures tend toward thinking that changing the rules can affect those who make their living by circumventing the rules.

Ah well, if they disarm this society, then there'll be nothing keeping me from moving to a better constructed disarmed society.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 8 Oct 2009 - 22:13

And yet I find it funny that the Republicans, who as a party support strong gun rights, have to argue that gun deaths need to be removed from the statistics so that our death rate is not so high and therefore we don't need to reform healthcare in this country. ROTFL

Personally, I don't have an issue with citizen gun ownership, but I will note that the right to bear arms granted in 1791 was predated 15 years by my right to life as outlined in the Preamble of the Declaration of Independence. So I support strong gun control legislation and do agree that existing laws should be enforced properly before we determine they are inadequate and new laws are worth considering being enacted to address those gaps.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Totoum Thu 8 Oct 2009 - 22:16

yay,i live in my own appartnment now!

I can be up at 4am without my dad saying i should be sleeping instead....even if he's right because i'll be pretty tired tomorow and wonder how i'll get any work done.

Oh and kiskaloo has hagino from blue drop in his sig,that's cool.
Totoum
Totoum

Male

Forum Posts : 480

Fan of : claes

Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Thu 8 Oct 2009 - 22:26

heh... we have to reform a lot more than healthcare (though it could possibly be a start, I'm far from optimistic about how it's being handled)...

and what I said about rules applies heavier to Republicans than most any other political group... just not in terms of gun control (since most of 'em want no rules regarding that... ignoring that people should probably be marginally protected from not just criminals, but idiots as well)

**switches to randomness**
even though Bacardi 151 contains nearly twice the alcohol of Jack Daniels... the whiskey's flavor is more overpowering than that of the rum.
double-fisting makes for odd contrasts.
double-fisting can also be a very disgusting term, if taken out of context.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 8 Oct 2009 - 22:36

Indeed it can.

Im not a huge fan of 151, though I do remember a fun Anime Expo when I handed a flaming 151 drink to a friend who didn't realize it was on fire. Much hilarity (and some very, very minor property damage) ensued.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Toma-kun Sun 11 Oct 2009 - 18:32

Apparently, Arnie has begun to sign and veto the bills on his desk. No word yet on which bills got what. The tension is pretty thick right now. Random thoughts (you too!) 423829
Toma-kun
Toma-kun

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Toma-kun Sun 11 Oct 2009 - 23:43

Perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel: SB 585, which would have prohibited gun shows from taking place at the Cow Palace, was vetoed by the Governator.

"To the Members of the California State Senate: I am returning Senate Bill 585 without my signature. This bill would prohibit the sale of firearms and ammunition at the Cow Palace. This bill would set a confusing precedent at the state level by statutorily prohibiting one District Agricultural Association (DAA) from selling firearms and ammunition, a legal and regulated activity, while allowing other DAAs to continue to do so. In addition, this bill would result in decreased state and local tax revenues by restricting events at the Cow Palace. For these reasons, I am unable to sign this bill. "
Sincerely, Arnold Schwarzenegger

Still no word on AB 962. We have until 12 midnight and it's 8:42 at the time of this post. Hopefully total victory can't be far behind.
Toma-kun
Toma-kun

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Toma-kun Mon 12 Oct 2009 - 11:24

Arnie actually signed AB 962 into law. Not exactly the news I was looking to hear this morning; boy did he screw us over.
Toma-kun
Toma-kun

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Mon 12 Oct 2009 - 19:16

I absolutely, positively, can't stand winter. And by winter, I mean the cold, snow, icy kind that you get in the north and Midwest. Not the cushy "Oh my, it's 50-60 degrees out today" winter you get in the south. Random thoughts (you too!) Icon_razz

I honestly would rather have it 90 degrees year round and humid, than suffer even 1 week of freezing temperatures.

Again, I hate winter.
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 12 Oct 2009 - 19:23

I hear ya. With windchill we're around 40° and it feels colder.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Mon 12 Oct 2009 - 19:33

You all suck!!

C'mon big guy, is just ONE white solstice without having to GO to it too much to ask? Hissy fit
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist Mon 12 Oct 2009 - 22:05

Two thoughts:

Like Virgil said "Some day, perhaps, remembering even this will be a pleasure."

The theme song to Carmen Sandiego was cool.
MadHatChemist
MadHatChemist

Male

Forum Posts : 441

Fan of : Triela & Claes

Original Characters : None.

Comments : n/a

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 12 Oct 2009 - 22:10

"Five years from now we'll all look back on this day...laugh nervously...and change the subject."
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 Tue 13 Oct 2009 - 11:17

Bad news. The state money I've been getting for my work program is gone after next week meaning I'm back on using the full amount of my unemployment. So until I can find work and have a decent means of getting more money to keep coming in, I'm gonna have to hold off on buying more anime for the time being. So my buying spree on E-Bay from last weekend's the last amount of spending I'm doing for anime until I can get another job. Random thoughts (you too!) 249988
Ggultra2764
Ggultra2764

Male

Forum Posts : 590

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Toma-kun Tue 13 Oct 2009 - 11:55

I feel for ya, dude; I'm in the same boat. Just got through with an interview last week and I have no clue how well I did; I'm constantly waiting by the phone hoping it'll ring sometime this week. Random thoughts (you too!) Icon_biggrin
Toma-kun
Toma-kun

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sintendo Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 1:00

Got sick. Dammit.
Sintendo
Sintendo
Attention Gigolo

Male

Forum Posts : 618

Comments : It's like a 5 hour orgasm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 18:50

I've only gotten sick twice in the last two years, and those were just colds. I just don't get all of this hype about some stupid flu. I honestly, highly doubt it will actually have a huge effect. I'm not super clean, I'm actually rather dirty. I despise cleanliness. I live in a very organized, yet dirty, house. That's just how I roll. But somehow, I never, ever get sick. I assume it's just that my immune system is just completely ballso awesome. So awesome, it will cause babies to grow Abe Lincoln beards, and fights bears unarmed every morning. As a warmup.

Other things happening: I just learned that I've actually watched more anime than most of the people who I know are anime fans. And I don't consider myself a very heavy anime watcher.

Also, I lent my copy of GSG season 1 to a friend, and they're liking it. 'Tis gooood. Plus, my order for volume 1 of the manga just came in. Volume 2 will arrive in about a week or two.
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 19:09

Ooh ooh, I can answer the Swine Flu thing! Pick me! Pick me! I know this one! As someone who has a rather poor immune system, I think I may have had Swine Flu, but I'm not sure, since it wasn't all that much worse from a regular virus problem. The only real thing I noticed was that the cough was a bit worse than standard flu coughing. Everything else may as well have been the same. I have some theories on why it's such a big deal, but it's borderline conspiracy theory, so I'll spare you.

For the record, I'm vehemently against flu vaccines is because a vaccine is merely a weakened form of what they are trying to protect against to get your immune system beefed up and ready. Three... SMALL problems. 1. With the flu vaccine, more often than not, people I've seen get it usually end up with the flu because of it (not much of a surprise considering the fact that they're GIVING YOU FLU). 2. Once you get over a virus, you aren't going to get the same strain again. Your body is ready for it, and it won't get anywhere. That means you'd need more vaccines than feasible to protect against everything 3. Mutation. Flu viruses mutate all the time. A vaccine is kind of a moot point, because it's not going to do anything for the mutated form.

My biggest problem with everything surrounding the flu vaccine (and the Swine Flu vaccine by extension) is because no one makes an effort to inform the public as to what a vaccine really is. They may as well be shoving it down the public's throat, saying it's the next miracle cure when that's probably the farthest thing from the truth. It just grates on my nerves whenever I see something on TV about Swine Flu, or the supposed vaccine shortage.
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 19:29

I actually always used to get the flu on a regular basis (as in every season) until I started taking the shots in the mid-2000's. After about three consecutive years of shots I stopped getting to flu so now I don't need to get the shots anymore.

cheers
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 19:31

...A success story?! I'm... I'm officially speechless. I'm... just going to shut up now...
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Toma-kun Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 19:58

I believe that flu shots are loaded with mind control additives created by the Illuminati to influence people's decisions at the flick of a switch. I feel it's responsible for all of the anti-2A legislation going on here in California; I mean it's easier to conquer a disarmed populace, isn't it? It's the perfect deception because no one will be the wiser; it's for the children's sake they'll say, but they're not getting their hands on my brain, no sir.
Toma-kun
Toma-kun

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 20:07

Well, maybe not mind control, but I believe there is some level of populous control involved. Same reason they cut analogue television for the (really shitty) digital "upgrade". It's easier to control the people when you control what they see, hear, eat, etc.

Wait. Didn't I say I was going to shut up? Dammit!
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Toma-kun Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 20:14

Hey that's an incredibly good point, now how are we going to tune into pirate air broadcasts with our digital-only TVs?!

Fortunately, I have an old Samsung 30" in the garage that I keep specifically for this kind of situation!
Toma-kun
Toma-kun

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 21:00

If it's not in high-definition, it's not worth watching. Razz
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 21:11

Mmmm. Gun control. Possibly the most idiotic type of control, really. How often do you see a gangster go down to the range for some shooting? Not that often. How often do you see law abiding, gun loving people (like me and you) go down to the range? All the time! The thing is, criminals don't usually get their guns from the Mom and Pop gun store down the street. They tend to do radical stuff like, I don't know, smuggling? Especially here in British Columbia. Look at the places right below us! We've got pot, Americans have guns. Perfect trade. Enforcing Draconian gun "control" laws isn't going to change that. People that use guns properly and lawfully are being unjustly penalized for the mistakes of others.

A great example of good gun "control" is in Switzerland. The rules there are pretty few and far between. The main restriction is on automatic weapons, and even then, full-auto guns that have been altered to remove the automatic fire capability are mostly legal. And just look at the crime there. Gun crimes? Incredibly low. 240 people per year are killed here in Canada with guns. Compare that to 34 in Switzerland. I added it up, and there are 1.5 times as many gun related deaths in Canada as compared to Switzerland, adjusted for population differences. With that knowledge, do gun laws really help stop crime? Yeah, not really. We normal people will continue to be pushed into the ground with these pointless laws, and gang crimes and gun crimes will barely change. I think that Canada and America should really stop emulating England, and instead use Switzerland as a role model. 'Cause really, the firearms ban in England has done just about nothing to gun crime, compared to what it does to lawful gun owners. Not even the Olympic marksmanship team can practice in England! They have to go down to Switzerland! What the hell is that about? There's no point at all!

Luckily, most laws up in northern BC related to guns are pretty lax. Simply because there is no gun crime among law abiding people. There's the odd one or so, but those don't make a trend. They're random variable, something that cannot be altered. It's like trying to stop landslides from happening. There's no way to control the random three percent of non-criminals who just kill somebody out of the blue. What must be done is to relax the gun laws. Relax the gun laws, and allow firearms to be carried for self-defense in public. It's only reality that most homicides of normal people caused by guns are accidents, random fatalities in gang shootings. That's a huge point.

Gangsters don't care about Bill walking home from work, they want to shoot opposing gang members! And when non-gangster civvies are the target of a shooting, tightening gun laws is the absolute last thing that should be done! We don't want to take guns away from Jim and the guy pointing a gun at him, we want to put a gun in Jim's hand! That would greatly help prevent gun crimes! An unarmed guy is generally not going to pose a threat. However, a guy packing a pistol and training with said pistol is intimidating, and no shots have to be fired. The criminal would realise the threat, and wouldn't go any further. Jim, now with a legally aquired gun, calls the cops, and the nasty gun criminal is arrested, and no shots have to be fired. Can't governments see this? Guns can be profitable to sell to citizens, and gun crimes will go down, since people have a crime deterrent carried with them. If I can come up with this, why can't the higher-ups do so? It's completely, utterly confounding! Share your thoughts, people! Do you agree with me?
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Toma-kun Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 12:22

It's no secret that I'm rabidly pro-2A, but gun control does have some redeeming values. I like the idea of background checks before purchasing a new firearm, but some method has to be developed to get the checks done instantaneously so the waiting period can be scrapped altogether; because, honestly, how are a few days of wait supposed to prevent a crime? Didn't stop the VT massacre from happening, did it?

Specifically for California, the "Certified Handgun Roster" has to be thrown in the garbage. I've never seen a more pointless law in my entire life; I mean, a handgun is a handgun, regardless of whether or not it's on a certified list, it's ability to kill or maim is the SAME! Is a gun supposed to be more "safe" just because the manufacturer slipped some money into the state's pockets to get their product that list? Ridiculous. I want a P230SL, but the only way to get it is to buy it from a private party here in California who owned the weapon before it expired off of the list for a face-to-face transfer at a gun store; forget about getting it from Gunbroker and getting it shipped to your FFL (gun store) like with on-roster handguns.

Along with forbidding the issuance CCW permits for numerous counties in California (specifically the one I live in) and the totally pointless hi-cap magazine ban, I'm hoping the handgun roster goes the way of the dodo soon. Pro-2A'ers are confident that the Second Amendment will be incorporated in 2010, which means it can be enforced against state laws, paving the way for sweeping changes in gun control laws for the entire country.
Toma-kun
Toma-kun

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 14:26

It's just a shame it didn't come soon enough to save my guns.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 15:21

We're goin' about it all wrong...
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: licensing. Not of guns, but of people. Require people to take and pass gun safety classes and general technical classes for each firearm type they want to be licensed to own (revolver, autoloading pistol, semiauto rifle, bolt action, et cetera). Practical classes held at a range. Then register firearms they purchase to their license number.

I think I'm going to try to dress up as the guy from shut up woman, get on my horse next year...

...also, cars. We really need to abolish the C-class license here in the states. too many people on the road who have no idea how to handle their own car, much less the handling characteristics of a big rig or a motorcycle.
I propose a new minimum license to drive in the US: the equivalent of a B class commercial, B class racing, and a motorcycle endorsement. Sure, you may not be proficient with a 53 footer at that point, but at least you'll have some idea of what a truck driver can see at any given moment.

...I carved a really cheesy puking pumpkin... then I gave it an empty beer bottle...
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 17:13

LoC978 wrote:We're goin' about it all wrong...
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: licensing. Not of guns, but of people. Require people to take and pass gun safety classes and general technical classes for each firearm type they want to be licensed to own (revolver, autoloading pistol, semiauto rifle, bolt action, et cetera). Practical classes held at a range. Then register firearms they purchase to their license number.

Makes sense to me.

I've been around the world and where guns are plentiful, so is gun violence and gun accidents. Here in Seattle there has been some cases of B&E and assault around the University of Washington so now students are "arming up" and requesting CWLs along with thoughts of creating "posses" to try and track down the offenders. No Good

Training and licensing people won't necessarily stop gun violence (though it might help if people see just what a bullet does to a human analogue), but it will at least cut down on gun accidents, and that's a start. Good
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Thu 5 Nov 2009 - 2:52

WARNING: Random thoughts (you too!) 955224

I hate fanboys. Especially those of the original Fallout games. I was having a 'conversation' (if you can call dialogue with those savages a conversation) with one more prolific fanboy over at the Fallout3Nexus forums. You can see it in this thread: http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=160838

The dude in question is "PsychoSama". Note how he arrogantly replies, relishing the fact that I can't punch him through my monitor in my massive rage. Not only is he a Fallout fanboy/snob, he appears to be an anime hater, something I rant about often. It's IMPOSSIBLE to hate anime! That's like saying you hate TV! Or movies! Or BOOKS! It makes no sense to dislike an entire medium!

"Stick to the lore!" they say, "Anime should be kept out of this game!" they say, "It's anime so it must be just like Naruto and that other dumbass stuff!" they say! I put HOURS into my GSG mod! HOURS! What the hell has he done? NOTHING! They just complain and complain, and want other people to see things the same way as them, and to stop making mods that don't adhere to outdated ideals. They're fucking babies, that's what. Goddamn baby dictators. Y'know what? People like him should actually TRY for once, actually think of how much work people like me put into their mods. And then people like HIM come along, and look at it so stereotypically, it makes me want to scream and tears their fucking eyes out and make them look at themselves, so that they can see how pathetically useless they are.

If I could eradicate anything from the universe, it would be all the people like him. They want everything, and give nothing. And it's the sheer audacity of them! Damn, do I hate those people. They should stab needles down their fingers and force them to type 100,000 words on how much they hate anime/Fallout 3. I have various other torture methods thought up, but they are far too complex to type out at the moment. Seriously, people. I put EFFORT into my mods, and they simply complain like the assholes they are.

"It's just a game, I should really just relax."

RANT OFF. For now.
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Thu 5 Nov 2009 - 3:26

...as much as my opinions align more with yours than his... it seemed to me the guy was just bouncin' ideas around. He offhandedly posted one one asshole comment (the 'right' to complain about whatever he wants. just 'cause ya can doesn't mean ya should)... but aside from that, he seemed to be fairly reasonable, if unimaginative. If guys like him get you worked up, you really don't wanna know what kind of real assholes you'll be forced to 'work with' throughout life...
my advice: learn to laugh lightheartedly while plotting to kill guys like that.

that said, I haven't lurked around the Nexus forums much, so I admit I could be dead wrong... he may have just been on a calm day.

quote of the day:
"Be courteous, be polite, and have a plan to kill everyone. Even your friends."

also, I'm sort of a mild Fallout 1&2 fanboy myself. I consider Fallout 3 to be a great game... but it could've easily been so much more, if only they hadn't opted to make it a shooter (also, an unlimited budget and no deadlines to meet would've helped... in a perfect world, eh? sweat )

I apologize if I come off sounding like some jumped-up know-it-all who thinks he's older than he is... but I really have "been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding", as it were. I like to say military service either ages you four years for every one you're in (for short timers), or locks your age where it's at when you sign up... until you retire (for lifers).
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Thu 5 Nov 2009 - 12:40

LoC978 wrote:
also, I'm sort of a mild Fallout 1&2 fanboy myself. I consider Fallout 3 to be a great game... but it could've easily been so much more, if only they hadn't opted to make it a shooter (also, an unlimited budget and no deadlines to meet would've helped... in a perfect world, eh? sweat )

And this is where I'm at with Fallout 3. The first Fallout friggin blew my mind, and the second even more so. I will admit that Fallout 3 is in fact very enjoyable, but upon finishing the game it just lacks that sense of satisfactory accomplishment that the last two had. I do admire those that take the time to mod games though as I have partaken in a few back in my UT days. I wonder if my Thunder Rocket mod is still lurking around on the webz.

LoC- BTW THIS SONG is officially stuck in my head. It now has an honorary place in my Walkman. ^_^
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down