Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inhuman - A GSG's worst nightmare.

+12
zarien85
KodokuRyuu
Danjo3
Piero
emperor
LoC978
ElfenMagix
Probit Return
Wileama
West Nile
Nachtsider
sasahara17
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Inhuman - A GSG's worst nightmare. - Page 2 Empty Re: Inhuman - A GSG's worst nightmare.

Post by Wileama Wed 30 Apr 2008 - 0:04

Colonel O'Neil was cooler. We all know the best OIC of all time thought was Captain Sisko.

For Apeture Science I assume one would have to use Claes.

Glados: "Because despite your violent behavior, the only thing you've managed to break so far is my heart."

Claes: [Looks up blood covering her face as she tosses the turret she has just used to be one of the doctors to the side] I wouldn't be so sure of that...

Wileama
Sith Lord

Forum Posts : 1053

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Inhuman - A GSG's worst nightmare. - Page 2 Empty Re: Inhuman - A GSG's worst nightmare.

Post by emperor Wed 30 Apr 2008 - 0:23

EDIT - How about some adorable critters from
Monster Hunter? Noting says inhuman beastie like great big growling Tigrex.
Imagine Triela standing victorious atop of THAT.

[url=http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Tigrex
http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Tigrex[/quote[/url]]

Winged Tirex!@!!

head bang

emperor

Forum Posts : 1638

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Wed 30 Apr 2008 - 2:34

sasahara17 wrote:
I put forward the TSAB and the Nanoha girls (and guy). The most merciless, triggerhappy and ruthless magical girls I've ever come across. And they are powrful to boot. The collateral damage after one of their 'escapades' is proof of this.
And if anymore wan't a Claes/Triela paring, Nanoha and Fate could probably make that happen knowning them (they've got this aura you see... ).

Nanoha would probably end up 'befriending' the girls... assuming they didn't just blast her mid transformation sequence. Taking the initiative is important, you know?

I do have to admit that Nanoha is actually kind of awesome though, in spite of the lameness of the first season's start (I saw the second season first) and that feeling that both the first two seasons were awfully perverted for a show were the main character was nine years old. Too bad Season three wasn't better. C'mon, with now totally legal (and super hot) nineteen year old Nanoha and Fate, that show should have been super awesome.

On another note, if you're a Nanoha/Fate fan, you might like this pic if you haven't already seen it.

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Wed 30 Apr 2008 - 12:39

Hey now. Don't you know it's against the rules to attack someone in mid transformation? And that goes for all transformations. The only person/thing to break the rules was Infermon from Digimon: Our War Game and look at what happened to him. He got a sword through the head... twice, maybe three times if Armageddemon is considered to be part of Diaboromon's conciousness. Never-the-less, dire consequences come to those who attack mid transformation. It's not just a rule, it's fate.

Oh yeah, and I'm sure a lot of mega level digimon could tear the girls apart.

Probit Return
That One Guy

Forum Posts : 653

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 1 May 2008 - 15:20

Oh yeah, and I'm sure a lot of mega level digimon could tear the girls apart.

...unless the girl have mega-level Digimons of their own Laughing

...now that I mention it, is there any gun-wielding Digimons around?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 1 May 2008 - 16:17

I seem to recall that Metal Garurumon had some kind of cannon in his mouth, and Omnimon is capable of utilizing this cannon, too. Do they count?

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5722

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Fri 2 May 2008 - 2:36

I have a general idea what kinds of Digimon would suit Triela and Angie. Have no idea what the other girls would use.

Attacking during transformation sequences is against the rules, but
I've seen it done. Rarely successful though. Nanoha would 'befriend'
the girls. Image, her bringing a 'get well teddy bear' to a Triela in a
full body cast while the other girls watch on (nervously).
emperor wrote:Winged Tirex!@!!
head bang
If Triela kills a Tigrex, what will be her spoils? Sharpening some of it's bone for a new bayonet, or just taking it's hide and fashioning a teddybear out of it?

Random thought - Rico vs a Fatalis (any variety).

sasahara17

Forum Posts : 1001

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 2 May 2008 - 2:39

sasahara17 wrote:Nanoha would 'befriend' the girls. Image, her bringing a 'get well teddy bear' to a Triela in a
full body cast while the other girls watch on (nervously)

Which turns out to be a Teddymon.

Nachtsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Fri 2 May 2008 - 10:19

Inhuman - A GSG's worst nightmare. - Page 2 Commandramon

Commandramon has a gun. An M16 at that.

Inhuman - A GSG's worst nightmare. - Page 2 Beelzebumon

Beelzemon has his double barreled Berenjena shotguns. And his Blast Mode has a giant cannon attached to his right arm.

There are a few digimon with guns.

Hey Sasahara, Claes could have a Lalamon. She'd like the idea that it's a plant, but Lalamon's additude would probably annoy her.

I smell a fanfic idea coming on. The barrier between the Real World and the Digital World is crumbling. The World's only hope lies in seven (maybe eight) girls-turned-cyborgs to protect both worlds with their new digimon partners. And they certainly can't forget about their day jobs.

Probit Return
That One Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Fri 2 May 2008 - 11:02

So much digimon. I was a power rangers man myself. Never really got hooked on anything else. Digimon just reminds me so much of the merch. Eh, what ever floats your boat I guess...

sasahara17 wrote:Nanoha would 'befriend'
Does the teddy bear explode?

sasahara17 wrote:If Triela kills a Tigrex, what will be her spoils? ... just taking it's hide and fashioning a teddybear out of it?
That's a little morbid, even for these girls. Is Rico going to start sowing a dress out of the skins of her victims?
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 2 May 2008 - 11:42

I smell a fanfic idea coming on. The barrier between the Real World and the Digital World is crumbling. The World's only hope lies in seven (maybe eight) girls-turned-cyborgs to protect both worlds with their new digimon partners. And they certainly can't forget about their day jobs.

yeah, cool!

But the girls won't be needing the Digimons unless they're facing something a little bit...larger...say, a Dark Greymon or something.

The rest, they can just gun them down with all their available arsenal. I believe the Agency stores the Barret Anti-Armor rifle

If Triela kills a Tigrex, what will be her spoils? ... just taking it's hide and fashioning a teddybear out of it?

That's a little morbid, even for these girls. Is Rico going to start sowing a dress out of the skins of her victims?

She'll probably (Triela) sharpen the bone for some new bayonet...better than her old one. As for Rico...

...Rico turned Predator? Or Rico turned Texas Chainsaw-guy?

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Fri 2 May 2008 - 19:27

Wileama wrote:
Nope, but after what they would have survived by that point, they would probably think the teddy bear is a portable nuke just waiting to go off.

Wileama wrote:
sasahara17 wrote:If Triela kills a Tigrex, what will be her spoils? ... just taking it's hide and fashioning a teddybear out of it?
I reasoned that if monster hide is used to make new weapons and armor in MH, logically this should extend to making less combat oriented 'mementos' as well. Besides, Triela would have this really cool looking striped teddy bear with a color scheme that doesn't exist anywhere else. A real collectors item.

Panzer IV wrote:She'll probably (Triela) sharpen the bone for some new bayonet...better than her old one.
Upgrade her bayonet. Definately. Y'know, if we go by the 'Triela decended from this awesome ancestor' reasoning, she very well might challenge a monster with this impervious hide, win, and make a new coat out of it. Like Herc.

As for the digimon... the personalities of the digimon they recieve are quite important. Like Probit pointed out, Claes would be driken crazy by a Lalamon. And what's Jean's reaction to all these little critters running around the agency?

I'll be pretty funny if one of the (un)dead girls whose spirit is hovering around the premises suddenly gains a Bakemon.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 3 May 2008 - 1:41

Claes would be driken crazy by a Lalamon. And what's Jean's reaction to all these little critters running around the agency?

Well, if Claes is driven crazy by Lalamon, the only way to stop it is to..*silence* it, right? The Agency will find that beneficial to their cause, and would hopefully gain another operative back in service Laughing

As for Jean...

*Digimons running around*

Jean: ...*walk past silently, into office*

Jose: ...problem with the new Digimons, brother?

Jean: WHAT THE HELL ARE THOSE DAMN CRITTERS?? WHAT ARE THEY??? WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING HERE??? WHAT ARE THEY UP TO??? TERMINATION!!!

Jose: Awh, don't worry, they're not that bad. Right, Agumon?

Agumon: right!

Jean: YEEEEAAAARRGGHHH!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Sat 3 May 2008 - 12:13

Haha, that's great. Yeah, Jean definately wouldn't take too well to a bunch of digimon running around the Agency, but Rico would love them.

It's true that the girls could probably take out rookies on their own but the larger, more armored digimon would probably give them a run for their money, and of course, megas would take a lot more then some firearms to beat.

I'm slowly building up a story, but it might be some time before I get a cohesive story. ...And I kinda want to fudge the storyline so Elsa can show up along side Beatrice. Because every group of heroes needs an anti-social loner and a quiet kid who turns out to be really powerful.
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Sat 3 May 2008 - 23:59

sasahara17 wrote:
Wileama wrote:
Nope, but after what they would have survived by that point, they would probably think the teddy bear is a portable nuke just waiting to go off.

To quote TV tropes on Nanoha and the 'Defeat Means Friendship' trope...

"Nanoha's battle philosophy: ask them what they're doing, and if they
refuse to tell you, blow them up. Fans have referred to this process as
"Befriending" as in "she's gonna befriend the crap outta them". Fate,
for one, barely survives Nanoha's effort to "reach out to her"."

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicalGirlLyricalNanoha

Piero

Male

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Sun 4 May 2008 - 23:32

i love that website. it's one of the places i can spend hours in just laughing me ass off at the number of things people with keen eyes can pick out.

for the sake of hilarity, hows i opt from the imperial stormtroopers, finest most well trained and armed fighting force in the galaxy? bet the mooks from the 5r can last longer than these dudes.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 5 May 2008 - 2:31

for the sake of hilarity, hows i opt from the imperial stormtroopers, finest most well trained and armed fighting force in the galaxy? bet the mooks from the 5r can last longer than these dudes.

With, or without the stormtrooper syndrome? If WITH the stormtrooper syndrome, then they practically can't shoot shit--the heroes, i mean. Remember the scene where Luke's escaping from Vader in the first Death Star? Did they EVER hit Luke? Nope.

...and they say they're the best well-trained soldiers of the galaxy...

I propose a Jedi...or a Sith. Now, the girls won't even stand a chance against them!

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Mon 5 May 2008 - 2:35

Panzer IV wrote:

With, or without the stormtrooper syndrome? If WITH the stormtrooper syndrome, then they practically can't shoot shit--the heroes, i mean. Remember the scene where Luke's escaping from Vader in the first Death Star? Did they EVER hit Luke? Nope.

...and they say they're the best well-trained soldiers of the galaxy...

I propose a Jedi...or a Sith. Now, the girls won't even stand a chance against them!

Not if the girls are trained Jedis too!! imagine Henrietta with a double edged light saber... or Angie with a pink light saber ^_^
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Mon 5 May 2008 - 2:40

Ahh the stormtrooper syndrome. Source of so many awesome jokes. Really Vader needs to read the evil overlord list. This one stands out

56) My Legions of Terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.

Lightsabers make everything better...
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 5 May 2008 - 2:50

Imperial Stormtroopers don't belong in this thread. They're human.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Mon 5 May 2008 - 3:03

Well depending on the time period their actually clones, but yeah he does have a point.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 5 May 2008 - 7:03

Imperial Stormtroopers don't belong in this thread. They're human.

No actually. Equip them with an AT-ST or an AT-AT then they're inhuman.

Or what about those Dark Troopers? They're basically droids, not human. So is the Dark Stormtroopers used by the Imperial as an infiltrator. Imperial Special Forces are something to be reckoned with...

...its strange that Clone Troopers hit targets better than stormtroopers, considering they're the same being...

...oh wait, after the rebellion of clones in Kamino, the Stormtroopers were of mixed origins. Some were human, rodians, aliens, or some who served in the Clone Wars were clones--such as Vader's Fist, the 501st Legion. Pure bred Clone...

They still can't hit shit when Luke's around without a blaster...I think he'll survive walking across a field of stormtroopers without carrying a blaster...unless some fortunate clone is lucky enough to hit him.

Well depending on the time period their actually clones, but yeah he does have a point.

The thousands of Clones of Jango. Was he a Mandalorian? If so, then there's no wonder why the Clones were superior. Mandalorians caused such big problems in the Mandalorian Wars, and they're just tough to knock down as well.

Jango and Boba Fett uses Mandalorian armor.

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Mon 5 May 2008 - 20:10

Well, I thought Jango Fett was an alien, so shouldn't that qualify the storm troopers/clone troopers as inhuman since many/all of them were cloned supersoldiers? Oh well, in either case, the Dark Troopers are scary metal dudes. The big one with the rocket launcher is scary.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 5 May 2008 - 20:54

A human being originating from another planet is still a human.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 7 May 2008 - 5:43

But the Dark Troopers were machines, so their not human~!

We could always put the villains from Medal of Honor games; they took a lot to hit, and they have a life bar a the top of their head--their not human! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Wed 7 May 2008 - 5:44

um something i just had to ask.... wat happens if you kick superman in the crotch??
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 7 May 2008 - 6:48

um something i just had to ask.... wat happens if you kick superman in the crotch??

Well, he is 'super', so he should have a 'steel crotch' as well...

...can't imagine what he'll do with his super human strength when he make love with his girl...

But either than that, he'll squeel and cream like girl! Of course, just to add the pain, make sure its a kryptonite-base boots!

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Wed 7 May 2008 - 8:48

West Nile wrote:um something i just had to ask.... wat happens if you kick superman in the crotch??
you break your foot. with kryptonite boots, you break your foot and make him sick. (unless you hang around him with the kryptonite long enough for him to soften up... then he reacts like a human)
Panzer wrote:...can't imagine what he'll do with his super human strength when he make love with his girl...
much like Chuck Norris, Superman doesn't consider it sex if the woman lives. Razz
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Wed 7 May 2008 - 14:19

LoC978 wrote:much like Chuck Norris, Superman doesn't consider it sex if the woman lives. Razz
That’s just plain wrong. Funny as hell, but wrong. :buddy:
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 7 May 2008 - 14:23

The answer to that one is simple. To avoid... mishaps, Superman melded some of his DNA into Lois' via a serum injection beforehand, and turned her into Supergirl (Morrison, All-Star Superman, Issues #2 and #3 - go read it, it's a fantastic series).
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 8 May 2008 - 8:46

Superman melded some of his DNA into Lois' via a serum injection beforehand, and turned her into Supergirl (Morrison, All-Star Superman, Issues #2 and #3 - go read it, it's a fantastic series).

For how long? If the serum didn't last long, she'll die by the third or fifth 'super strokes' Laughing

But of course, no one can out-class Chuck Norris. ^^b

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 8 May 2008 - 9:43

It lasts a whole day every dose, apparently. And Lois fell into a deep sleep the moment its effects wore off.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 8 May 2008 - 10:04

Lois fell into a deep sleep the moment its effects wore off.

But since Superman requires 'super' length of time as well (since he's so super it'll take super length of time to fulfill his desires), by the time the effect wears off and she fell asleep, Lois would be dead by the next stroke.

...quite painless, I think. And at least its better than she received it when she's awake Laughing

...oh, and if she did managed to fulfill him and stay alive, her womb would be wrecked by him eventually after a certain...launch...

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 8 May 2008 - 10:06

Nah, Clark has self-control. He stopped before the effects of the stuff wore off.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 8 May 2008 - 10:09

Yeah. That'll be the only thing that lies between Lois life or death Laughing

...but of course, we as boys and men should know right? Right? RIGHT??

What about spiderman? Think he'll be using his webs to do those stuff? Act like some 'spider' catching a 'prey'? :p

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 8 May 2008 - 10:20

Don't know about Peter and MJ, Panzer, but yeah... web-fluid would make for some mighty creative sessions, I say.

You might be interested to know that they had a daughter (May) who grew up to become a superheroine (Spider-Girl) just like her father - she was born with special powers just like his.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Thu 8 May 2008 - 11:30

Okay first, Storm troopers. They are human. During the Clone Wars Storm Troopers where in fact clones of Jango Fett. As a result they where awesome. However some time between episode three, and four Cannon clearly states that cloning technology is 'lost.' As such there is a dwindling core of clones, however the vast majority by episode four are not clones. However due to the Empires Racist point of view aliens where not accepted. While the emperor lived only Humans could truly join the empire. Even then they where almost exclusively men.

Further more Dark Troopers != Storm Troopers. Dark Troopers != human. So storm troopers go in the human thread, dark troopers can stay. [for those of you who haven't been studying your code != is not equals]

Now about superman. I've heard some entirely too thought out material about the man of steels sex life. The first being that give his muscle strength he aught to ejaculate with the force of a shotgun. Furthermore since his sperm is of similar power level then steel shouldn't stop the suckers. Nor should an egg. Which means Lois egg, along with her torso should be destroyed. Where as upon having a 'private moment' by himself superman could be leveling behind several children. Especially in a place like Metropolis. [Also imagine Lois womb vs super child...]

Which is why I think it best to never ever ever think about such things to hard.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 8 May 2008 - 11:36

Wileama wrote:Which is why I think it best to never ever ever think about such things to hard.

I love this last pun.

Something people tend to forget is that Superman isn't just super-strong - he's super-smart, too, and would therefore definitely have some method or other to solve the problem.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Thu 8 May 2008 - 11:57

Trying not to think about it...
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 8 May 2008 - 12:14

he's super-smart, too

Yeah, and quoting Leget from Brothers in Arms:

"Superman acts like a jack-ass and wears a stupid glasses to hide his obvious identity. Batman, now that's something."

Then again, with Garnett from Brothers in Arms:

"Batman's a sissy with all those tools and gadgets. Now superman, he can melt things with is eyes--his eyes!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 8 May 2008 - 16:20

It's not just the glasses, really. You should see how Clark carries himself when in disguise - he makes himself look pudgy, not muscular, and almost six inches shorter, too.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 May 2008 - 6:09

...that's why, I think Garnett has a point...

"Superman acts like a jack-ass and wears stupid glasses to hide his obvious identity"

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Sun 11 May 2008 - 17:08

Is this true?

"Superman supposedly compresses the air in his spinal chord to make his spine shorter, actually making himself shorter."

If it is, then Superman doesn't just make himself look smaller, he actaully IS shorter. Especially hilarious when you consider he is one of the few heroes to actually have a picture of 'himself' standing side by side with his secret identity, cold hard proof Clark Kent absolutely cannot be the Man of Steel (that was supergirl in disguise I think).

I nominate Vincent Law as a candiate for an opponent.

I think someone mentioned the Paper Sisters earlier...
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 11 May 2008 - 18:00

It wasn't Supergirl in disguise - it was one of Superman's robotic body doubles.

The spinal compression explanation is something I haven't come across in canon, but it makes as much sense as any theory I've heard. He has to do it somehow...
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Wed 14 May 2008 - 7:43

Really? I was referring to the Epilogue of the 'Death and Rebirth of Superman' when Superman fulls 'Clark Kent' from the rubble of the Doomsday rampage.

Still, I would much rather the cybrogs fight Batgirl (the super assassin one). I can still remember the time she was caught in the line of fir of ten guys, and then they shoot at her... WTF.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 14 May 2008 - 7:46

Doomsday... oh, that episode. I remember now. But honest to goodness, man, I haven't read that story in a long time, and don't own a copy. All I have of the Doomsday Saga is a limited-edition, ten-page oneshot abridged adaptation of the story, which came with my 'Hunter-Prey Superman versus Doomsday' action figure two-pack.

Speaking of which, the girls versus Doomsday would put an end to everything. Game over. I win the thread.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Wed 14 May 2008 - 7:56

Doomsday was fine. Awesome fight to the death. But the whole 'Rebirth' thing just spun my head in a circle. 4 Superman candidates running around, and it turns out that not one of them is the real thing, in fact, the cyborg was the big bad evil guy, who eventually got taken out by Superman.

Oh well. That's Comics for you. You ain't a real X-Men member until you die and come back at least once.

I nominate Skuld, youngest of Morisato's freeloaders, as another foe to be trifled with. I (do not) bet ten bucks that in a few posts time, we'll be discussing about how a bedridden Angie makes a wish along the lines of:

"I wish a girl like you could be my friend forever."

BAM! Rest is history (nevermind the fact that Angie's killed wnougth people to rival James Bond and would never get a wish anyway).
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 May 2008 - 7:59

I just watched AVP again, and I kind of wondering...

How will the girl react when a face hugger 'hugs' them? Or when they met an alien? What will the 'Alien breed' be?

...damn, now I couldn't have imagined a chest burster bursting through...

AW NOOOOO!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 14 May 2008 - 8:04

If it were within my power, I'd grant Angie a wish anytime.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Wed 14 May 2008 - 11:06

Panzer IV wrote:How will the girl react when a face hugger 'hugs' them? Or when they met an alien? What will the 'Alien breed' be?
Last question first. The alien breed will still be the human versions we've seen before. The girls are still human, and their engineered parts shouldn't cause the breed to change. Though the resulting alien may take longer to breed, or burst out weaker.

Now for your first question. Aliens are known to more, or less ignore synthetic life forms. Unless of course said synthetic has upset said Alien. In the comics eggs completely ignore synthetic soldiers. It's possible the girls will smell to weird for the face huger to react. At the very least it might take the face hugger a moment to decide the girls still smell human enough to gestate in.

Now as to whether the eggs would take. Well that depends on just how organic the girls construction is. The eggs take nutrients from host allowing them to grow. If the cyborg organs are sufficiently artificial to prevent this, then the eggs will not take. However the cyborg organs have to provide nutrients to human tissue so it is unlikely the eggs wouldn't find some way to adapt. It's also doubtful that the immune system will be able to ward off the eggs. The immune system in the cyborgs is most likely weaker, as it doesn't reject the engineered components in the body. The alien may have some trouble burst through the rib cage though. At most though this will just cause it to migrate down to the stomach.

Aliens without a queen will mostly attack the gunslinger girls. They may smell of synthetic, but lone aliens seem to show little regard for this in the movie. If under the queen the alien might not react if the smell is sufficiently artificial, and the girls pose no threat. However give both the girls nature, and the nature of the construction the aliens are likely to attack. Though again their might be a brief pause; given a their actions, and smells.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Wed 14 May 2008 - 11:59

sasahara17 wrote:

I nominate Skuld, youngest of Morisato's freeloaders, as another foe to be trifled with. I (do not) bet ten bucks that in a few posts time, we'll be discussing about how a bedridden Angie makes a wish along the lines of:

"I wish a girl like you could be my friend forever."

BAM! Rest is history (nevermind the fact that Angie's killed wnougth people to rival James Bond and would never get a wish anyway).

If Skuld is around the SWA for long enough, then Big Sister Urd is likely to show up to, and I think you can be sure that will lead to trouble. I shudder to think how Henrietta would react if she saw Urd hitting on Jose.

Although Urd could be useful too. You want a way around Angie's kills in the wish granting evaluation process? Just assume there was a bug in Yggdrasil. And when it comes time that someone higher up wants to correct the error, who better to have on your side then a Yggdrasil Sys Admin who's willing to bend... and for that matter break... the rules for people she cares about? Urd and Skuld may squabble a lot, but Urd still cares a great deal for her little sister, so if Skuld is sad enough...

Actually, with the exception of Henrietta versus Urd, should the AMG goddesses really be labelled 'foes?' If you're looking for foes, wouldn't you be better off looking towards whatever demon would be deployed to counter Skuld?

Piero

Male

Fan of : Full Metal Panic, Macross Frontier, Mai-HiME

Original Characters : Diana and Piero

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu Wed 14 May 2008 - 12:04

Piero wrote:I shudder to think how Henrietta would react if she saw Urd hitting on Jose.
Oh, she'd kill Urd before she could blink. Goddess or no, she's got no chance against an enraged 'Etta.
KodokuRyuu
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Wed 14 May 2008 - 12:11

Alright, I have to put him out there. Apocalypse. He's friggin' immortal. Hell, he even manages to take over the world in an alternate future. The girls would stand no chance against him.
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Thu 15 May 2008 - 20:38

I've only seen snippest of the Age of Apocalypse, mostn ly from stuff in the eXiles, but from just that alone I can tell up until Magneto's people emerged victorious, it was a nasty place to live (wasn't that reality supposed to have been destroyed though? How'd they even get in there?)

Random Thought:

What would like be like for our heroine's in a world dominated my the big immortal (egyptian-?) guy?

Would the SWA be of the human resistance's desprate attempts (They had Tony Stark on their side right? He builds awesome stuff using scraps in a cave for crying out loud) to create stock footsoldiers that can fight against Apocalypse's hordes?

Of course Apoc's turf is quite a ways from Italy, but some allouances have to be made for discussion.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 15 May 2008 - 23:07

While we're on the subject of Tony Stark and advanced battle armor, check this out.

Mark Jewell of the Associated Press wrote:Thu May 15, 1:44 PM ET

Rex Jameson bikes and swims regularly, and plays tennis and skis when time allows. But the 5-foot-11, 180-pound software engineer is lucky if he presses 200 pounds — that is, until he steps into an "exoskeleton" of aluminum and electronics that multiplies his strength and endurance as many as 20 times.

With the outfit's claw-like metal hand extensions, he gripped a weight set's bar at a recent demonstration and knocked off hundreds of repetitions. Once, he did 500.

"Everyone gets bored much more quickly than I get tired," Jameson said.

Jameson — who works for robotics firm Sarcos Inc. in Salt Lake City, which is under contract with the U.S. Army — is helping assess the 150-pound suit's viability for the soldiers of tomorrow. The suit works by sensing every movement the wearer makes and almost instantly amplifying it.

The Army believes soldiers may someday wear the suits in combat, but it's focusing for now on applications such as loading cargo or repairing heavy equipment. Sarcos is developing the technology under a two-year contract worth up to $10 million, and the Army plans initial field tests next year.

Before the technology can become practical, the developers must overcome cost barriers and extend the suit's battery life. Jameson was tethered to power cords during his demonstration because the current battery lasts just 30 minutes.

But the technology already offers evidence that robotics can amplify human muscle power in reality — not just in the
realm of comic books and movies like the recently debuted "Iron Man," about a wealthy weapons designer who builds a high-tech suit to battle bad guys.

"Everybody likes the idea of being a superhero, and this is all about expanding the capabilities of a human," said Stephen Jacobsen, chief designer of the Sarcos suit.

The Army's exoskeleton research dates to 1995, but has yet to yield practical suits. Sarcos' technology sufficiently impressed Raytheon Co., however, that the Waltham, Mass.-based defense contractor bought Sarcos' robotics business last November. Sarcos also has developed robotic dinosaurs for a Universal Studios' "Jurassic Park" theme park ride.

Jack Obusek, a former colonel now with the Army's Soldier Research Development and Engineering Center in the Boston suburb of Natick, foresees robot-suited soldiers unloading heavy ammunition boxes from helicopters, lugging hundreds of pounds of gear over rough terrain or even relying on the suit's strength-enhancing capabilities to make repairs to tanks that break down in inconvenient locations.

Sarcos' Jacobsen envisions factory workers someday using the technology to perform manual labor more easily, and firefighters more quickly carrying heavy gear up stairwells of burning buildings. Disabled people also may find uses for the technology, he said.

"We see the value being realized when these suits can be built in great numbers for both military and commercial uses, and they start coming down in cost to within the range of the price of a small car," said Jacobsen. He declined to estimate how much the suit might cost in mass production.

But cost isn't the only obstacle. For example, developers eventually hope to lengthen the suit's backpack battery's life and tinker with the suit's design to use less energy. Meanwhile, the suit can draw power from a generator, a tank or helicopter. And there are gas engines that, while noisy, small enough to fit into the suit's backpack.

"The power issue is probably the No. 1 challenge standing in the way of getting this thing in the field," Obusek said.

But he said Sarcos appears to have overcome the key challenge of pairing super-fast microprocessors with sensors that detect movements by the body's joints and transmit data about them to the suit's internal computer.

Much as the brain sends signals to tendons to get muscles to move, the computer sends instructions to hydraulic valves. The valves mimic tendons by driving the suit's mechanical limbs, replicating and amplifying the wearer's movements almost instantly.

"With all the previous attempts at this technology, there has been a slight lag time between the intent of the human, and the actual movement of the machine," Obusek said.

In the demonstration, the bulky suit slowed Jameson a bit, but he could move almost normally. When a soccer ball was thrown at him, he bounced it back off his helmeted head. He repeatedly struck a punching bag and, slowly but surely, he climbed stairs in the suit's clunky aluminum boots, which made him look like a Frankenstein monster.

"It feels less agile than it is," Jameson said. "Because of the way the control laws work, it's ever so slightly slower than I am. And because we are so in tune with our bodies' responses, this tiny delay initially made me tense."

Now, he's used to it.

"I can regain my balance naturally after stumbling — something I discovered completely by accident."

Learning was easy, he said.

"It takes no special training, beyond learning to relax and trust the robot," he said.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 May 2008 - 19:34

One merely human being with inhuman powers who could certainly take on the girls is Harry Dresden of the Dresden Files. He's a wizard who lives in modern day Chicago. He can shoot blasts of flame, summon wind and direct both blunt and bladed force at his opponents. He can shield himself completely with magical energy, and wears a duster overlayed with protective enchantments. He also possesses various sensory capabilities, though nothing that will let him see through walls. His perceptions mostly deal with spiritual and magical forces, though he can focus to enhance his hearing. He also carries a .44 Colt and a sawed off shotgun.
Spoiler:
Harry's magic has a negative effect on technology, which has been both boon and bane in his career. He drives a Volkswagen Beetle since he seriously wacks out anything built after World War Two. Enough magic can jam modern guns, and things like cell phones are very vulnerable to this effect. Harry's apartment uses no electricity, and he takes cold showers rathr than risk being near a gas line. (Harry simply does not appear to be aware of all the workarounds to this dilemna, though a colleague recently demonstrated one solution.) Harry avoids hospitals for fear of knocking out some important piece of equipment.
Luckily for the girls, it's mostly been implied that their implants don't incorporate things like, batteries, motors, or electronics, except for one picture in the anime of a replacement leg.
Much of Harry's magic requires items for maximum effectivness.
He is smart, a combat veteran, and thinks as well as fights his way out of trouble. He continues to improve his arsenal of equipment and his mastery of magic.
Very severe laws prohibit the use of magic to take human life, no matter what the circumstances. Even the enforcers of those laws immobilize offenders and kill them with swords, rather than use magic. (Harry has never used his power to maim anyone either, though he could as long the action didn't cause death inadverdantly.)
Harry is honorable, and hates injustice. He especially hates seeing children suffer. If he ever came into conflict with the girls, he'd do his damndest not to hurt them, while still trying to protect himself. If he ever came into contact with the handlers or other agents of the SWA, he'd try to break someone's nose.
The thing about this thread is that the girls are mostly on the low end of the power-scale. Their arms jerk from the recoil of their guns. Triela had to struggle fiercely to break a pair of handcuffs. They are probably the top dogs as far as damage-soaking capabilities go, but there are so many things out there that top them power-wise that making a fight that's challenging for both sides is hard.
Hey, what about Harry Potter?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 May 2008 - 7:07

Harry Potter?

'Wingardium Leviosa!'

*Henrietta flies*

"My skirt! You PERV!! *fires rapidly and randomly*

'Stupefy!' (or whatever it was spelled)

*Henrietta knocked back, lost her weapon*

"I'LL KILL YOU!!!!!! -Killing intention MAX-

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Thu 22 May 2008 - 14:04

Harry Dresden is a cool dude. I personally haven't gotten a chance to read Blood Rites yet, but yeah. This is one fight that's going to take residence up in my head for a moment.

Generally when explosions are are being described, it's probably best to take the book literally. Harry Dresden is a master exploder after all. The man constantly comments on how it's hard to keep the explosions small, without a focus. He also likes to comment about just how much difference it makes to a wizard if he's prepared, or not. Given Harry's nature though he likes to be prepared. Bullets is one of those things that normally don't worry him too much. That, and Harry throws enough magic around to make automatics jam with great reliability around him. So unless the Rico pulls out the SVD Harry probably will get a chance to survive the opening salvo.

Round two gets interesting. Harries shield bracelets have their limits. If the Girl in question brought an assault weapon the shield will be out of juice. At this point the cyborg is probably going to rely on her fists, and an knives she has. Which is probably what Harry Dresden wants least. A fist fight doesn't allow him the time to concentrate enough to get a good spell off. Blades, and fists are fairly dangerous to him. Oh yeah, and there is no way Harry could live with himself if he killed a little girl. I've lost count of the number of stupid things Harry has done for a woman. Add child to the mix, and it really puts the screws to Harry.

Man a cross over fic between Harry Dresden, and Gunslinger Girls would be so damn cool. Someone has to do it.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zarien85 Sat 18 Dec 2010 - 17:46

OK what if Rogue touched one of the girls. What do you think the affects would be

Her powers are that if she makes skin to skin. Contact she gain thought, memories and powers if they are a mutant. For 60:1 a second

Would she gain some of the conditioning. And memories of said cyborg if that is the case. Then can you imagine what would happen if she touched Henrietta. Poor Jose.

zarien85

Male

Forum Posts : 113

Fan of : all of them

Original Characters : Cat Jade

Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next