Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inhuman - A GSG's worst nightmare.

+12
zarien85
KodokuRyuu
Danjo3
Piero
emperor
LoC978
ElfenMagix
Probit Return
Wileama
West Nile
Nachtsider
sasahara17
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Inhuman - A GSG's worst nightmare. - Page 3 Empty Re: Inhuman - A GSG's worst nightmare.

Post by Piero Wed 14 May 2008 - 11:59

sasahara17 wrote:

I nominate Skuld, youngest of Morisato's freeloaders, as another foe to be trifled with. I (do not) bet ten bucks that in a few posts time, we'll be discussing about how a bedridden Angie makes a wish along the lines of:

"I wish a girl like you could be my friend forever."

BAM! Rest is history (nevermind the fact that Angie's killed wnougth people to rival James Bond and would never get a wish anyway).

If Skuld is around the SWA for long enough, then Big Sister Urd is likely to show up to, and I think you can be sure that will lead to trouble. I shudder to think how Henrietta would react if she saw Urd hitting on Jose.

Although Urd could be useful too. You want a way around Angie's kills in the wish granting evaluation process? Just assume there was a bug in Yggdrasil. And when it comes time that someone higher up wants to correct the error, who better to have on your side then a Yggdrasil Sys Admin who's willing to bend... and for that matter break... the rules for people she cares about? Urd and Skuld may squabble a lot, but Urd still cares a great deal for her little sister, so if Skuld is sad enough...

Actually, with the exception of Henrietta versus Urd, should the AMG goddesses really be labelled 'foes?' If you're looking for foes, wouldn't you be better off looking towards whatever demon would be deployed to counter Skuld?

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Inhuman - A GSG's worst nightmare. - Page 3 Empty Re: Inhuman - A GSG's worst nightmare.

Post by KodokuRyuu Wed 14 May 2008 - 12:04

Piero wrote:I shudder to think how Henrietta would react if she saw Urd hitting on Jose.
Oh, she'd kill Urd before she could blink. Goddess or no, she's got no chance against an enraged 'Etta.

KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Forum Posts : 1237

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Wed 14 May 2008 - 12:11

Alright, I have to put him out there. Apocalypse. He's friggin' immortal. Hell, he even manages to take over the world in an alternate future. The girls would stand no chance against him.

Probit Return
That One Guy

Forum Posts : 653

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Thu 15 May 2008 - 20:38

I've only seen snippest of the Age of Apocalypse, mostn ly from stuff in the eXiles, but from just that alone I can tell up until Magneto's people emerged victorious, it was a nasty place to live (wasn't that reality supposed to have been destroyed though? How'd they even get in there?)

Random Thought:

What would like be like for our heroine's in a world dominated my the big immortal (egyptian-?) guy?

Would the SWA be of the human resistance's desprate attempts (They had Tony Stark on their side right? He builds awesome stuff using scraps in a cave for crying out loud) to create stock footsoldiers that can fight against Apocalypse's hordes?

Of course Apoc's turf is quite a ways from Italy, but some allouances have to be made for discussion.

sasahara17

Forum Posts : 1001

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 15 May 2008 - 23:07

While we're on the subject of Tony Stark and advanced battle armor, check this out.

Mark Jewell of the Associated Press wrote:Thu May 15, 1:44 PM ET

Rex Jameson bikes and swims regularly, and plays tennis and skis when time allows. But the 5-foot-11, 180-pound software engineer is lucky if he presses 200 pounds — that is, until he steps into an "exoskeleton" of aluminum and electronics that multiplies his strength and endurance as many as 20 times.

With the outfit's claw-like metal hand extensions, he gripped a weight set's bar at a recent demonstration and knocked off hundreds of repetitions. Once, he did 500.

"Everyone gets bored much more quickly than I get tired," Jameson said.

Jameson — who works for robotics firm Sarcos Inc. in Salt Lake City, which is under contract with the U.S. Army — is helping assess the 150-pound suit's viability for the soldiers of tomorrow. The suit works by sensing every movement the wearer makes and almost instantly amplifying it.

The Army believes soldiers may someday wear the suits in combat, but it's focusing for now on applications such as loading cargo or repairing heavy equipment. Sarcos is developing the technology under a two-year contract worth up to $10 million, and the Army plans initial field tests next year.

Before the technology can become practical, the developers must overcome cost barriers and extend the suit's battery life. Jameson was tethered to power cords during his demonstration because the current battery lasts just 30 minutes.

But the technology already offers evidence that robotics can amplify human muscle power in reality — not just in the
realm of comic books and movies like the recently debuted "Iron Man," about a wealthy weapons designer who builds a high-tech suit to battle bad guys.

"Everybody likes the idea of being a superhero, and this is all about expanding the capabilities of a human," said Stephen Jacobsen, chief designer of the Sarcos suit.

The Army's exoskeleton research dates to 1995, but has yet to yield practical suits. Sarcos' technology sufficiently impressed Raytheon Co., however, that the Waltham, Mass.-based defense contractor bought Sarcos' robotics business last November. Sarcos also has developed robotic dinosaurs for a Universal Studios' "Jurassic Park" theme park ride.

Jack Obusek, a former colonel now with the Army's Soldier Research Development and Engineering Center in the Boston suburb of Natick, foresees robot-suited soldiers unloading heavy ammunition boxes from helicopters, lugging hundreds of pounds of gear over rough terrain or even relying on the suit's strength-enhancing capabilities to make repairs to tanks that break down in inconvenient locations.

Sarcos' Jacobsen envisions factory workers someday using the technology to perform manual labor more easily, and firefighters more quickly carrying heavy gear up stairwells of burning buildings. Disabled people also may find uses for the technology, he said.

"We see the value being realized when these suits can be built in great numbers for both military and commercial uses, and they start coming down in cost to within the range of the price of a small car," said Jacobsen. He declined to estimate how much the suit might cost in mass production.

But cost isn't the only obstacle. For example, developers eventually hope to lengthen the suit's backpack battery's life and tinker with the suit's design to use less energy. Meanwhile, the suit can draw power from a generator, a tank or helicopter. And there are gas engines that, while noisy, small enough to fit into the suit's backpack.

"The power issue is probably the No. 1 challenge standing in the way of getting this thing in the field," Obusek said.

But he said Sarcos appears to have overcome the key challenge of pairing super-fast microprocessors with sensors that detect movements by the body's joints and transmit data about them to the suit's internal computer.

Much as the brain sends signals to tendons to get muscles to move, the computer sends instructions to hydraulic valves. The valves mimic tendons by driving the suit's mechanical limbs, replicating and amplifying the wearer's movements almost instantly.

"With all the previous attempts at this technology, there has been a slight lag time between the intent of the human, and the actual movement of the machine," Obusek said.

In the demonstration, the bulky suit slowed Jameson a bit, but he could move almost normally. When a soccer ball was thrown at him, he bounced it back off his helmeted head. He repeatedly struck a punching bag and, slowly but surely, he climbed stairs in the suit's clunky aluminum boots, which made him look like a Frankenstein monster.

"It feels less agile than it is," Jameson said. "Because of the way the control laws work, it's ever so slightly slower than I am. And because we are so in tune with our bodies' responses, this tiny delay initially made me tense."

Now, he's used to it.

"I can regain my balance naturally after stumbling — something I discovered completely by accident."

Learning was easy, he said.

"It takes no special training, beyond learning to relax and trust the robot," he said.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5722

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 May 2008 - 19:34

One merely human being with inhuman powers who could certainly take on the girls is Harry Dresden of the Dresden Files. He's a wizard who lives in modern day Chicago. He can shoot blasts of flame, summon wind and direct both blunt and bladed force at his opponents. He can shield himself completely with magical energy, and wears a duster overlayed with protective enchantments. He also possesses various sensory capabilities, though nothing that will let him see through walls. His perceptions mostly deal with spiritual and magical forces, though he can focus to enhance his hearing. He also carries a .44 Colt and a sawed off shotgun.
Spoiler:
Harry's magic has a negative effect on technology, which has been both boon and bane in his career. He drives a Volkswagen Beetle since he seriously wacks out anything built after World War Two. Enough magic can jam modern guns, and things like cell phones are very vulnerable to this effect. Harry's apartment uses no electricity, and he takes cold showers rathr than risk being near a gas line. (Harry simply does not appear to be aware of all the workarounds to this dilemna, though a colleague recently demonstrated one solution.) Harry avoids hospitals for fear of knocking out some important piece of equipment.
Luckily for the girls, it's mostly been implied that their implants don't incorporate things like, batteries, motors, or electronics, except for one picture in the anime of a replacement leg.
Much of Harry's magic requires items for maximum effectivness.
He is smart, a combat veteran, and thinks as well as fights his way out of trouble. He continues to improve his arsenal of equipment and his mastery of magic.
Very severe laws prohibit the use of magic to take human life, no matter what the circumstances. Even the enforcers of those laws immobilize offenders and kill them with swords, rather than use magic. (Harry has never used his power to maim anyone either, though he could as long the action didn't cause death inadverdantly.)
Harry is honorable, and hates injustice. He especially hates seeing children suffer. If he ever came into conflict with the girls, he'd do his damndest not to hurt them, while still trying to protect himself. If he ever came into contact with the handlers or other agents of the SWA, he'd try to break someone's nose.
The thing about this thread is that the girls are mostly on the low end of the power-scale. Their arms jerk from the recoil of their guns. Triela had to struggle fiercely to break a pair of handcuffs. They are probably the top dogs as far as damage-soaking capabilities go, but there are so many things out there that top them power-wise that making a fight that's challenging for both sides is hard.
Hey, what about Harry Potter?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 May 2008 - 7:07

Harry Potter?

'Wingardium Leviosa!'

*Henrietta flies*

"My skirt! You PERV!! *fires rapidly and randomly*

'Stupefy!' (or whatever it was spelled)

*Henrietta knocked back, lost her weapon*

"I'LL KILL YOU!!!!!! -Killing intention MAX-

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Thu 22 May 2008 - 14:04

Harry Dresden is a cool dude. I personally haven't gotten a chance to read Blood Rites yet, but yeah. This is one fight that's going to take residence up in my head for a moment.

Generally when explosions are are being described, it's probably best to take the book literally. Harry Dresden is a master exploder after all. The man constantly comments on how it's hard to keep the explosions small, without a focus. He also likes to comment about just how much difference it makes to a wizard if he's prepared, or not. Given Harry's nature though he likes to be prepared. Bullets is one of those things that normally don't worry him too much. That, and Harry throws enough magic around to make automatics jam with great reliability around him. So unless the Rico pulls out the SVD Harry probably will get a chance to survive the opening salvo.

Round two gets interesting. Harries shield bracelets have their limits. If the Girl in question brought an assault weapon the shield will be out of juice. At this point the cyborg is probably going to rely on her fists, and an knives she has. Which is probably what Harry Dresden wants least. A fist fight doesn't allow him the time to concentrate enough to get a good spell off. Blades, and fists are fairly dangerous to him. Oh yeah, and there is no way Harry could live with himself if he killed a little girl. I've lost count of the number of stupid things Harry has done for a woman. Add child to the mix, and it really puts the screws to Harry.

Man a cross over fic between Harry Dresden, and Gunslinger Girls would be so damn cool. Someone has to do it.

Wileama
Sith Lord

Forum Posts : 1053

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by zarien85 Sat 18 Dec 2010 - 17:46

OK what if Rogue touched one of the girls. What do you think the affects would be

Her powers are that if she makes skin to skin. Contact she gain thought, memories and powers if they are a mutant. For 60:1 a second

Would she gain some of the conditioning. And memories of said cyborg if that is the case. Then can you imagine what would happen if she touched Henrietta. Poor Jose.

zarien85

Forum Posts : 113

Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 18 Dec 2010 - 20:10

Personally, I don't think anything would happen. The girls aren't mutants, and therefore have no powers to confer. Then again, I'm no X-pert on the X-Men.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by zarien85 Sat 18 Dec 2010 - 22:31

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_%28comics%29 here is her wiki

Last edited by ElfenMagix on Sat 18 Dec 2010 - 23:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link needed repair. EM.)

zarien85

Male

Fan of : all of them

Original Characters : Cat Jade

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sat 18 Dec 2010 - 23:07

A gunslinger's Girl worst nightmare is a mission so bad that she loses her handler in battle.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by zarien85 Sun 19 Dec 2010 - 20:49

true true

zarien85

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sun 19 Dec 2010 - 21:30

I did not noticed until recently, you see it w/Henrietta in Epi's 1 & 2; messing up a mission and thinking the handler will get on their case.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinakbet Tue 21 Dec 2010 - 20:05

Gundam pilots vs. The cyborg girls of GSG......hmmm why do I have a hunch that the likes of Heero, Duo, Trowa, Quatra,and Wu Fei would not only lose but get their asses handed to them? Guh?
Pinakbet
Pinakbet

Male

Forum Posts : 19

Fan of : football, his heritage, pinakbet, exercising

Original Characters : Triela, Henrietta, Angelica

Registration date : 2010-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Tue 21 Dec 2010 - 21:23

Because they're a bunch of whiny emo pretty-boys.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer_Charon Tue 21 Dec 2010 - 22:14

Nachtsider wrote:Because they're a bunch of whiny emo pretty-boys.

Win.
Officer_Charon
Officer_Charon

Male

Forum Posts : 1472

Fan of : Triela, Claes

Original Characters : John Darme.

Registration date : 2010-09-16
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 22 Dec 2010 - 0:44

Nacht is right on that one!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Wed 22 Dec 2010 - 4:46

zarien85 wrote:OK what if Rogue touched one of the girls.
She'd start collecting teddy-bears, drinking a lot more tea and have a strange craving for gelato.

(wooo-whooo! I actually understood a comic-book reference! Inhuman - A GSG's worst nightmare. - Page 3 678465 )
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by zarien85 Fri 24 Dec 2010 - 19:24

kk that is cool I just had a weird thought that she would get some conditioning in her youknow

zarien85

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sdp2501 Sun 2 Jan 2011 - 10:51

Professor Voodoo wrote:
zarien85 wrote:OK what if Rogue touched one of the girls.
She'd start collecting teddy-bears, drinking a lot more tea and have a strange craving for gelato.

(wooo-whooo! I actually understood a comic-book reference! Inhuman - A GSG's worst nightmare. - Page 3 678465 )

haha

i've got loads of GSG fights in minde:

etta-chise Nuke
sdp2501
sdp2501

Forum Posts : 132

Fan of : Rico, Gunslinger girl, Slpiknot, Asking Alexandria, Killswitch Engage, SUICIDE SILENCE, canibal corpse, buttered toffie popcorn XD, Xbox 360

Original Characters : Kiyra, Ryu

Comments : I will drag you. To oblivion, even if I must die.

Registration date : 2010-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3