Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fanfic style....

5 posters

Go down

fanfic style.... Empty fanfic style....

Post by Angiegarde Tue 11 Mar 2008 - 18:38

Here's a couple of questions...

What sort of Gunslinger Girl fanfics do you prefer?

As for you fanfic writers out there, which fanfics/characters do you prefer to write/create?

In regards to the first question, I prefer ones with a lot of action and drama in them or ones where the characters interact with one another quite a bit. I'm not fond of how some fans and authors tend to grow for the whole tragedy/angst bit that they seem to put the various characters through. While some is ok as it builds up the plot but too much makes me overly depressed.

Concerning the 2nd question, since I'm going to become a fanfic author of gunslinger girl fanfics at some point (god willing), then I'd write fics that involve character interactions and quite a bit of action. As for characters, I'll tend to try and make my characters human with strengths and weaknesses to them while trying to avoid making them out to be blatant Mary Sues.

Also, I like to explore concepts in Gunslinger Girl that haven't been expanded on such as a best friend/roommate for Angelica or a timeline where Elsa became redeemed and lived.

How about you guys?
Angiegarde
Angiegarde

Male

Forum Posts : 133

Fan of : anime

Original Characters : Clarissa

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

fanfic style.... Empty Re: fanfic style....

Post by Nachtsider Tue 11 Mar 2008 - 18:56

My style is to write stories that explore unexplained aspects of the canon or attempt to tie up loose ends. For instance, Rico's hint in Volume One that other, unnamed cyborgs inhabited the Agency spurred my to write the very first Gunslinger Girl OC story, while the mystery of who murdered Henrietta's family I explored in this tale. I also tend to focus on the cyborg-cyborg dynamic more than cyborg-handler relationships, like in here - the latter, I feel, have been given enough attention in the canon already. Experimental pieces attempting to mesh Gunslinger Girl with real-life events are something I love doing - just like this one. I also like to write Angelica stories a lot - I'm one of the few authors who writes stuff in which she kicks serious ass instead of dying or moping around.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Wed 12 Mar 2008 - 6:06

i read the ones that fall under the category of

action, comedy and romance

i also write the same way.
ultimately my purpose in writing my action/romance fanfic is to prove that there is so much more the gunslinger girls can do aside from killing and dying. and that one day the SWA will go to hell and burn. my ultimate finish will be the destruction of the SWA and the exodus of the Gunslinger Girls.

comedy wise... i just like putting my completely random thoughts in a story... or put the girls in very problematic situations
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Probit Return Thu 13 Mar 2008 - 12:14

Hmm, in regards to question one, I'll read just about anything if I'm in the mood to read (which I think is on the same wavelength as my will to write, since I seem to want to write when I read).

As for question two, I tend to write whatever seems to work best with the story I'm currently writing. I like to put some action into my stories, and I like to explore a character's personality (like with my stories Memories Upon Broken Glass and Life After Death). And if I can fit in some comedy without making the story feel disjointed, I like to try.
Probit Return
Probit Return
That One Guy

Male

Forum Posts : 653

Fan of : Stuff

Original Characters : Adrianna, Nero, Abigail, and now Luca

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Fri 14 Mar 2008 - 1:11

I tend to go for stories that are character driven. Action is OK, as long as it doesn’t take center stage. I especially like stories that explore the relationship between the girls and their handlers. Fluff is fine, as long as it’s used in moderation.

As for OC stories… well, let’s just say they’re not my cup of tea bang head (normally I would have ranted a little, but it’s late and I’m too tired).
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down