Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

which category of anime fan arre you?

+4
Alfisti
Kiskaloo
Thescarredman
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika
8 posters

Go down

which category of anime fan arre you? Empty which category of anime fan arre you?

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 13:42

Just some random stuff, trust this not if you want, but this analysis is done by me based on continuous observation in the past 2 years in the world of Gamer, Otaku and weeabo alike.

--------

Commoners- an ordinary mainstream fan that follow the updating anime genre. They tend to follow any new anime. Preferably, this group hate spoilers. due to its large and sheer number, they tend to dominate the anime industry. most of them being optimistic, yet very oppressing. However, this group, due to it widespread, are very friendly and helpful towards each other.

Enthusiast- an anime fan that is well equally balanced both in maturity and passion. this group is well respected for their politeness and wise-thinking ability. Nothing i can say about this group except for their calm-persona, idealist and wise thinking.

Melancholic- an anime fan that tends to watch anime that they only like, even if its outdated. Preferably hate suspense, so they tend to choose spoilers to make them more 'aroused' to watch the anime rather than waiting the climax part full of suspense. Friendly until provoked, this group tends to hold gruge, but also being forgivable to others. Although this kind of group is perfectionist, this group is rather emphatic. note, this group is kinda the victim of his/her own action due to its premature yet radical thinking.

Dabbler- someone who watches only one or two series at a time, usually something that's been out for years, and approaches newer anime only on the recommendation of someone whose opinion he trusts. This type will abandon a series after one or two episodes if it doesn't hold his interest, and he is very picky, since he feels he has many better ways to spend his time than watching uninspiring anime.

Last edited by Kuroneko on Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 14:50; edited 1 time in total
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Forum Posts : 1169

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

which category of anime fan arre you? Empty Re: which category of anime fan arre you?

Post by Thescarredman Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 14:41

You might add 'Dabbler': someone who watches only one or two series at a time, usually something that's been out for years, and approaches newer anime only on the recommendation of someone whose opinion he trusts. This type will abandon a series after one or two episodes if it doesn't hold his interest, and he is very picky, since he feels he has many better ways to spend his time than watching uninspiring anime.

In case you didn't catch it, that's me.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

which category of anime fan arre you? Empty Re: which category of anime fan arre you?

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 14:49

of course Razz
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 17:08

I guess I am an enthusiast since I have been an anime fan for almost four decades and tend to watch a fair number of shows each season.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 20:57

You can lump me in the enthusiast category as well, but my brother is more of a melancholic type

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 21:46

I think, by this measure, I probably fall into the dabbler category...
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by PolosElite23 Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 22:24

I feel almost like a mix of Dabbler and Melancholic... They both just...fit.
PolosElite23
PolosElite23

Male

Forum Posts : 936

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire, and Angelica

Original Characters : Various

Comments : A journey of a lifetime starts with a blinking cursor.

Registration date : 2013-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Tue 31 Dec 2013 - 2:54

I'd consider myself an enthusiast.
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Tue 31 Dec 2013 - 9:36

Dabbler, prolly
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by taerKitty Sun 5 Jan 2014 - 15:42

Melancholic, subtype Jurassic.  I'm not going to drone on about "the good old days," but I'll confess to having warm memories of shows that aired before many of my forum peers were born.  I'm rather picky about the shows I watch these days, though I'm not prone to jumping to reviews for spoilers and such.  I would much rather watch a show on its own, form my own opinion, then find reviews (and often disagree with them).

I do "hold a grudge," if that means to castigate a show based on a poor initial episode, or even a weak-ish mid-season plot arc.

Elfen Leid - Elfen Magix has long extolled this show, but the opening two episodes were so gratuitously violent that I found it hard to enjoy the subsequent ones and stopped at ep 6.

Attack on Titan - Dreary and nihilistic from from the start, I saw it as a pointless exercise it giving fanboys a chance to show how "hardcore" they were because they could enjoy senseless cruelty and sadism.  At least Elfen Leid tried to work the violence into its plot.  AoT (SnK) seemed to shove it in the viewer's face for that reason alone.

Girls und Panzer - I couldn't get past the idiocy of using armoured cavalry as a sport, especially with supposedly live ammo.  Aside from the chibi factor, I can't fathom why it's so popular.  I watched five or six episodes trying to see if it would try to justify it, but when it became obvious it was just a setting axiom, I punted it.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel - It hit a silly plot arc mid-season, so I drop-kicked it.  No spoilers seeing how it's mid-season.

Kill la Kill - I didn't see Gurren Lagen until later (and realized upon killfiling GL that I wouldn't have liked Kill anyhow).  Violence for violence's sake, and plotting as an excuse for more over-stylized (and under-meaningful) violence.  Bzzzt.
taerKitty
taerKitty

Male

Forum Posts : 1211

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : Dina & Paolo

Comments : The feelz... the feelz...

Registration date : 2012-01-22
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Sun 5 Jan 2014 - 22:08

I too, a Melacholic

and this is the list as well as my own review of the anime i like-

Gunslinger girl- To my opinion, It's a series that questions the political interest of one side. Not only that, this anime show realistically detailed firearm. And toa dd that, most of the girls are perfectly drawn :3

Shingeki No Kyojin- The thing that i like about Shingeki No Kyojin is that i shows the humanity's side in dealing the 'unknown feeling of hostility' as well as Human's nature of greed, self-interest, and fear. for the gruesome part, i have no prob watching it, although shocked to see much death inside the story, including my favorite character. I

Girl und Panzer- To use historical tank inaccurately and for fun is one absurd thing; but due to the fact that it used HISTORICAL TANK, i; being both Historical Buff and Militaria fan, find it very fun to watch,despite the inaccurate mechanical detail of some tanks. Note; using tank as sport already exist in modern world, With Russia being the pioneer of this sport, a sport called 'Tank Biathlon'

Senjou no Valkyria- this anime is my prime exemplar of being idealist, as the setting shows that the background as the Darcsens being mistreated by most; which later revealed that the Valkyur (the 'god' that is being worshiped by most people in the series) was in fact the 'capitalist' that twist the fact of history. this anime is why i hate political stuff.

Toaru Kagaku No Railgun / Toaru Majutsu no Index - Even though i'm not some sci-fi and futuristic-mecha fan, the reason why i love Raildex is that Mikot Misaka being overly Tsundere Cute :3

Meitantei Conan (called Case Closed in North america): The most popular detective-based anime, this anime was the first anime that i love (Well, technically, Doraemon is my first favorite anime Razz). There's no such thing as perfect murder, as shown in the anime [Exclude Jack the ripper case in real world, or the so called Altantuya case in my country; a case that is so famous, Interpol intervene the case). Not only that, most of my Song came from the anime's opening and ending song.
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down