Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Culinary around the world

+2
Kiskaloo
mysterybad
6 posters

Go down

Culinary around the world Empty Culinary around the world

Post by mysterybad Tue 28 May 2013 - 7:48

In here we have a lot of friends from all over the world . Why don't we talk about food from where we live . Every country and culture has a particular food culture - but I think we don't need such broadly speaking like that - it is too broad and not all of us have experienced about cuisine , we will only talk about food where we live ( the region where you live ) on issues such as name, price , processing and its features (things that make it unique) .
And if possible - please post YOU PICTURE about that dish

Culinary around the world IMAG0008_zps51f862e5

Name : Cơm tấm / Broken rice .

Including : Rice , pork or chicken , pigskin , omelet , tomato , cucumber an pickles

Sauce : Nước Mắm / fish sauce

Price : 1$ (at my place)

This is a popular breakfast dish in Vietnam . it's delicious, inexpensive , easy to prepare and provide a lot calories

Culinary around the world CYMERA_20130523_070127_zps466eeb22

Name : Bò bít tết / Steaks (Vietnam Version)

Including : Beef , omelet , onion , tomato , cucumber , pickles and bread

Sauce : soy sauce and chili sauce

Price : 1,30$ (at my place)

Another popular breakfast dishes in Vietnam - it is a bit more expensive than the Cơm tấm , difficult to prepare and if you're not careful, you could easily get burned . The special thing about this dish is we do not "cook" it - we used a metal plate (as you can see in the picture ) ,burning it to heat up , put beef , oil , onion and eggs in the metal plate and serving it (While it is still hot) to customers
mysterybad
mysterybad

Female

Forum Posts : 86

Fan of : ...

Original Characters : ...

Comments : Hello

Registration date : 2013-01-05

Back to top Go down

Culinary around the world Empty Re: Culinary around the world

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 28 May 2013 - 9:37

We are fortunate to have two amazing Vietnamese restaurants in Seattle. Hawt!
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Tue 28 May 2013 - 14:20

... That all looks amazing!! I don't have anything that great on the dinky little island where I live. Thank the Force I'm a ferry ride away from Manhattan.

My mom's cooking is great though. For dinner last night we had steaks on the grill and a nice salad. Hawt!
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 28 May 2013 - 14:50

And here I thought that Triela lived on the "Broken Land of Streams and Lakes..." Very Happy

There are many Vietnamese restaurants all over Manhattan, and all over the city as well! Its a matter of finding them. There used to be a great one on Amsterdam Ave and 76th street but I have not been there in a while so I dont know if it is stiil there.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Wed 29 May 2013 - 0:24

Kiskaloo wrote:We are fortunate to have two amazing Vietnamese restaurants in Seattle. Hawt!
I was last there 11 years ago, but I remember there being good Phở places all over the north side of Seattle. Also, Ivar's Salmon House on North Lake Way is the only Zagat rated restaurant I know of that has a take-out window.

Frankly I think you find the best stuff when you look in the weirdest places. My favorite Italian restaurant in the world is in Germany outside an American Air Base and run by a Lebanese family. I actually paid tribute to them by using their name in a story...Kara & Marisa go there to pick up Lebanese/Italian take-away while their handlers are holed up on a stake-out.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 29 May 2013 - 4:11

Professor Voodoo wrote:Frankly I think you find the best stuff when you look in the weirdest places. My favorite Italian restaurant in the world is in Germany outside an American Air Base and run by a Lebanese family. I actually paid tribute to them by using their name in a story...Kara & Marisa go there to pick up Lebanese/Italian take-away while their handlers are holed up on a stake-out.
I think my favorite "food near a base" story has to go to Pukka Pizzas, which is just outside the gates of the Puckapunyal army training area. I don't know if it's still there, but long story short, the bloke who ran it was ex-army, so if you gave him a six-figure grid reference he'd deliver. Apparently it was a quite well patronised (oddly) as a means by which to avoid rat-pack food.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterybad Wed 29 May 2013 - 9:01

Culinary around the world IMAG0020_zps98b6c013
Hủ Tíu / Rice noodles and Trà Đá / Ice Tea

Including : Rice noodles , pork , bean sprouts and broth

Sauce : Nước Mắm / fish sauce

Price : 0,5$ (at my place)

Another breakfast dishes : Cheap, easy to eat , provide fewer calories - suitable for dieters

Culinary around the world IMAG0021_zpsec60c017

Bánh tráng nướng / Grill Rice Paper and Trà Chanh / Ice Lemon Tea

Price : Ice Lemon Tea : 0,25$

Grill Rice Paper : 0.75$

A popular snack among students : they are delicious and cheap, very good refreshment
mysterybad
mysterybad

Female

Fan of : ...

Original Characters : ...

Comments : Hello

Registration date : 2013-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 29 May 2013 - 9:54

Professor Voodoo wrote:
Kiskaloo wrote:We are fortunate to have two amazing Vietnamese restaurants in Seattle. Hawt!

I was last there 11 years ago, but I remember there being good Phở places all over the north side of Seattle. Also, Ivar's Salmon House on North Lake Way is the only Zagat rated restaurant I know of that has a take-out window.

Yes, we have great Phở places all over the Puget Sound (including a really great one up near the Everett factory I visit once a week). But when I want to experience the full variety and wonderfulness of Vietnamese cuisine, I visit Tamarind Tree in the International District and Long Provincial downtown.

Professor Voodoo wrote:Frankly I think you find the best stuff when you look in the weirdest places. My favorite Italian restaurant in the world is in Germany outside an American Air Base and run by a Lebanese family. I actually paid tribute to them by using their name in a story...Kara & Marisa go there to pick up Lebanese/Italian take-away while their handlers are holed up on a stake-out.

On my first Grand Tour of Europe in 1985, the best Italian food I had was in a town north of Geneva in the French part of Switzerland. sweat
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterybad Mon 10 Jun 2013 - 7:00

Culinary around the world IMAG0018_zps380fbd30

Cầy Tơ / Home Deer A.K.A Thịt Chó/Dog meat

Price : 4$ (at my place)

Including : Rice Wine , Lemongrass , aromatic vegetables and Dog meat
mysterybad
mysterybad

Female