Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWA in World-end scenarios

4 posters

Go down

SWA in World-end scenarios Empty SWA in World-end scenarios

Post by Lyndist Sun 21 Aug 2016 - 10:06

After playing "Tom clancy's the division" . I'm thinking about writing a GSG fanfic in World-end scenario like that . In fact, the open end in the Gunslinger Girl Manga is a perfect start for such scenario :  SWA was dissolved but a majority of its employees are still alive and distributed through other agencies . What was left of it became a ship-base agency so they will not be affected by the epidemic and when society collapses they are the last ones to be actived to protect what was left of humanity .

What do you guys think about this, any advice?

Last edited by lyndist on Wed 24 Aug 2016 - 0:46; edited 2 times in total
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Forum Posts : 476

Fan of : Yu Aida

Original Characters : Phong Linh . Silvya SilverFox

Comments : I'm back

Registration date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

SWA in World-end scenarios Empty Re: SWA in World-end scenarios

Post by Thescarredman Mon 22 Aug 2016 - 6:51

The exile of the remnant of Section Two, along with its medical research facilities, to a ship off the coast of Italy makes for a perfect set-up for the story you're talking about. Now you need a reason for them to leave the safety of their refuge: search and rescue seems the obvious choice, but maybe you have something else in mind?
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist Tue 23 Aug 2016 - 3:44

Ideas for new fanfic . I want to share with everyone here and discuss it because I know very little about Rome and Italy , not to mention Europe 

Locations: 

The Dark Zone : Vatican . Once a marble city , but now become a death zone after the outbreak . The whole area was sealed by high walls and protected by advanced electronic warfare systems , automatically attack anyone who tries to invade it . But beware , the greatest danger lies inside those walls and the city will fight to the very last moment to keep its secrets . Despite all that, every factions want it for themselves , to take all  secrets that it held, all wealth and artifacts lies hidden in the secret bunker for hundreds of years .  

The only way to go into the Dark Zone is go through the underground systems . But it's not an easy task , those tunnels is guarded by the secrets that it holds . Intruders will easily get lost in the complex mazes of overlapping tunnels , metro lines , catacombs and secret passage , which has been built and expanded continuously over thousands of years . Even when they can find the right path , it's just the beginning of another war , to gain entrance to the Città del Vaticano .

Factions(Enemy) :

Rioter : Nothing much to say about them, typical mobs . Beyond the organized factions roam thugs and outlaws that now rampage through the city, rioting, looting, and assaulting any who come near them. Unafraid to wound or kill, they survive by preying on the weak. They roam in packs, hunting down easy targets and lashing out at authorities when they get the chance. 

Daredevil : The Daredevil are escaped convicts from Italian prisons . They come from various gangs but they decided to unite under an Italian Tycoon/Mafia Boss . With many members from Rome gangs and Mafia Families , their ranks quickly grew as they drew in more local followers. Their rapid growth has led to occasional in-fighting and rivalry. 

Padania Republic Faction : Our nemesis . Yeah . They're back and became much more dangerous .Their goal : overthrow the Italian government and destroy The (new) SWA  . But that's all they want?   No , of course not  . There's something bigger and much more dangerous is happening inside in the Eternal city , and they are part of it .

Templar Knights : An enemy came out from fable tales . Who are they, and what they want? 

Angels of Redemption (AOR) : Fanatics Christian believers . Basically, They are the "Clearner" , just like in The Division.

Swiss Guards : Vatican army , well trained and equipped with the most advanced weapons . Most of the time they were inside the walls and protect what is left of the Vatican . But that's all what they do ?  

Deathwing : the Templar Knights archenemy . They hunt each other and attacking other factions .

Saifan (Sword of Allah) : A small branch of the fanatical Muslims , They're Angels of Redemption sworn enemy

SWA in World-end scenarios 20168aedae2b-e577-4f6a-8095-86f1e99ca49e

(This is all that I have now .I expect everyone to contribute more )

Last edited by Lyndist on Sat 3 Sep 2016 - 23:51; edited 1 time in total
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathduck monster Tue 23 Aug 2016 - 12:16

Looks like there's a lot of chance for groups to be in the same place for same/opposing reasons and messing each other up while they're there.

There's also the chance that factions(like daredevils) will have different groups within themselves for even more fun keeping track of who is doing what.

And this isn't even including the ally factions or the chance for short term alliances that might happen(between full factions or a full faction and a faction-inside a faction).
Bathduck monster
Bathduck monster

Male

Forum Posts : 98

Fan of : Interesting stories

Original Characters : Santa and Nicia(and Enzo)

Comments : None, thanks for asking though.

Registration date : 2016-03-15
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Tue 23 Aug 2016 - 20:44

Question: why is the Vatican a sealed-off area? was it the source of the outbreak, a quarantine zone, or a disease-free zone jealously guarded by fearful survivors? Is that one of 'secrets' you mention? More detail please.

What timeframe do you envision for this - near or far future? How long have the cyborgs been exiled aboard that ship? You speak of Section 2 now creating cyborgs without let or hindrance, so the tale could be set generations in the future, without any canon characters.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist Tue 23 Aug 2016 - 23:54

Question: why is the Vatican a sealed-off area? was it the source of the outbreak, a quarantine zone, or a disease-free zone jealously guarded by fearful survivors? Is that one of 'secrets' you mention? More detail please.
It is the source of the outbreak . From inside the Vatican, the epidemic started to spread and it became impossible to control when people start dying continuously , in a terrible way . Things got worse in a very short time ,in just one to two weeks, only a few Cardinals survived the plague . The tourists and religious leaders in Vatican at that time were the ones that had inadvertently makes the epidemic spreads worldwide . 

The survived Cardinals decided to establish a council and started the 12th crusade , the biggest military operation in human history . Nearly the entire population of Rome was evacuated in just 2 weeks and hundreds of thousands of tons of war supplies was transferred back into Rome . The entire area around the Vatican was blockade . Mercenaries and government troops , along with the most fervent believers , work continuously to preparing for a major evacuation of the Vatican . But the first shipment, carrying artifacts and sacred objects, were hijacked . And on the 13th day since the blockade began , 6 of coalition aircrafts was shot down over Rome , completely stop the evacuation by air . Meanwhile , "Crusaders" was attacked continuously across all roads and the casualties rates , both because of the plague and ongoing fighting , were up to 75% . After a terrible week, the government decided to withdraw all its troops out of Rome and the mercenaries quickly followed 

Desperate, the Cardinals council decided to seal the entire Vatican City . The wall was completed in just one week , thanks to the sacrifice of the fanatics , their bodies were thrown into the sewers below the city to form a contaminated area in order to prevent intruders 

At this moment , the entire city was protected by Crusaders and Swiss Guards , supported by the most advanced electronic warfare systems the world has ever seen , automatically attack anyone who tries to invade it . By all means , the cardinals will spare no effort to protect the city and its secrets . Meanwhile , Fanatics in all around the world , both Muslim and Christian , flocked to Rome to answering call to Holy War.  And from the shadows , An old enemy came out fable tales and ready to dealt a crushing blow to their sworn enemy from thousands of years ago

Last edited by lyndist on Wed 24 Aug 2016 - 4:32; edited 6 times in total
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronic Guardian Wed 24 Aug 2016 - 0:41

Hmm... interesting. Some of this setup reminds me of what I have in mind for the second act of Dual Trigger. Challenge accepted.

That aside, I think that one of the most important things to keep in mind is the idea of supply lines. "Everyone wants to fight a war but no one wants to think of how to support it", so to speak. If all the fanatics are here and all the civilians are evacuated, who is supporting this region? Is the UN dropping in supplies? Haven't they heard that the area has been evacuated? Do they have a vested interest in one side of the other? Unless there is someone on the outside sending something in, all of these warmongering factions will starve. You can't scavenge for wild crops in a concrete jungle, as it were, sooner or later every store will be raided and then you've got to get moving again if you hope to eat.

Another question: Which cyborgs are you hoping to involve in this scenario? How AU is this? For example, is this mission after Rico dies or is it her final tour of duty? Do I go to far in assuming you'll be borrowing some of the Cyborg Central originals (with proper permissions and all, of course)?

How far does this conflict reach? Is it just Rome, the Lazio(Latium) region, or Italy/Europe at large? In other words, what kind of locales and powerbases make up the war? If we win at Rome, do we win it all? Or does the situation call for a campaign with the revived Section 2 setting up a provisional army and government as they move up the coastline and burn into the heartland that was once their home?

Finally, I think it would be interesting if the Padania weren't necessarily villainous in this story. I saw them as somewhat akin to the US Confederate South in original GsG: not necessarily interested in fighting a war but willing to fight one to get the sovereignty they wanted. This could be their opportunity to secede from Italy while the government is scrambling to get support into Rome. Once they have what they want, they might strike a deal to come and assist so long as the Italian senate recognizes their independence. Then you could have old enemies turning into surprising new allies.

Y'know... it's a thought.

Anyway, I'm not necessarily known for my good ideas, so I guess I'll leave it at this for now. I wish you much success in this endeavor, it sounds like an interesting read!

All the best,
-CG
Chronic Guardian
Chronic Guardian

Male

Forum Posts : 76

Fan of : Rico, Alphonso, and various writers of tremendous talent

Original Characters : Originality? CG has none of that.

Comments : CG is to the GsG fandom as Puddleglum is to Marshwiggles. He's not that much more cheerful, but certainly enough to warrant an exile.

Registration date : 2016-07-03
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist Wed 24 Aug 2016 - 4:06

What timeframe do you envision for this - near or far future? How long have the cyborgs been exiled aboard that ship? You speak of Section 2 now creating cyborgs without let or hindrance, so the tale could be set generations in the future, without any canon characters.
Near future , In 2017 , 4 years after the cyborgs been exiled aboard that ship . It is an appropriate period of time for a new beginning : Most of Gen 1 was dead , except Claes , who also was running out of time .While Gen 2 has been forged in war and will become the backbone for the first wave and gene 3 was completed and ready for use

I'm trying to arrange a timeline for all events but it's too hard for me and I need your help
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronic Guardian Wed 24 Aug 2016 - 10:58

Just did some quick research/slept on it. I see we won't be using just the Vatican City (because it is only 0.17 sq. mi. according to wikipedia), so I'm assuming it's the metropolis of Rome/Central Rome that will be our active zone.

One thing that could be drawing Section 2 back towards Rome is the need for conditioning. If the initial outbreak somehow destroyed the facility supplying the boat with synthetic ingredients for the mix then perhaps Section 2 is motivated to go in so they can retrieve the recipes and such. It needs to be a "unique" reward in the sense that they can't just move the next country over to fulfill their prescription. I would suggest either specialized equipment or, as I put previously, specialized information. By that same token, perhaps they are going in to save a doctor who was formerly on staff and was overseeing the production of conditioning in the homeland.

Another idea regarding the cyborgs, what if the Padania (or some other faction) found something out about the production of combat cyborgs during the chaos and set about plans of building their own set? Particularly if it's the Templar or another well funded faction, (or if one of the well funded factions procures the information from a less powerful faction like the Daredevils) you'd be able to set up a challenging second/third act for our heroes.

Also, a quick question, why are the Muslims waging holy war in Rome? Perhaps I'm misinformed, but I thought Jerusalem was their holy city. You'll need to skew in a religious investment for it to be considered holy war (unless you're of the opinion that all wars fought by religious folk for tactical/geopolitical reasons or otherwise are "holy"). In other words, what specifically does is their religion concerned with that is in Rome, so far from their normal scope of concern?
Chronic Guardian
Chronic Guardian

Male

Forum Posts : 76

Fan of : Rico, Alphonso, and various writers of tremendous talent

Original Characters : Originality? CG has none of that.

Comments : CG is to the GsG fandom as Puddleglum is to Marshwiggles. He's not that much more cheerful, but certainly enough to warrant an exile.

Registration date : 2016-07-03
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyndist Wed 24 Aug 2016 - 11:27

Chronic Guardian wrote: Challenge accepted.
"Challenge accepted."

If all the fanatics are here and all the civilians are evacuated, who is supporting this region? Is the UN dropping in supplies? Haven't they heard that the area has been evacuated? Do they have a vested interest in one side of the other? Unless there is someone on the outside sending something in, all of these warmongering factions will starve. You can't scavenge for wild crops in a concrete jungle, as it were, sooner or later every store will be raided and then you've got to get moving again if you hope to eat.
You don't need to worry about that, they have more than enough supplies and weapons to kill each other for decades. 

In the beginning, they have thousands of tons of weapons and supplies, left behind by the coalition forces when they withdraw from Rome , in addition to the food that Roma residents had left behind when evacuating .

After that ? All the superpowers , all the major players, all the secret organization and all those who have power, they all want to engage in that war . They all have countless reasons to join this fight: politics, science, religious , revenge , world domination or destroy the world BUT They all have one thing in common : The Città del Vaticano . Every factions want it for themselves , to take all secrets that it held, all wealth and artifacts lies hidden in the secret bunker for hundreds of years .To achieve that goal , they will do everything to keep their troops well supplied with the best foods and the most modern weapons that they can get . The easiest way is they will lie and say that there are still many people trapped in Rome , including civilians and soldiers , and need to be supplied by airlift . Done . Quite easy

Another question: Which cyborgs are you hoping to involve in this scenario? How AU is this? For example, is this mission after Rico dies or is it her final tour of duty? Do I go to far in assuming you'll be borrowing some of the Cyborg Central originals (with proper permissions and all, of course)?
I have an feelings for Rico and Claes so I will let them die in peace . They had enough of this world . Meanwhile the Gen 2 (and OC) Cyborgs will form the backbone for the first wave and Gen 3 will be the second wave

How far does this conflict reach? Is it just Rome, the Lazio(Latium) region, or Italy/Europe at large? In other words, what kind of locales and powerbases make up the war? If we win at Rome, do we win it all? 
Worldwide . On the surface, All governments have rallied to fight the epidemic, which is spreading and causing untold damage to humanity But in the dark they're stabbing in each other's backs . And YES . If we win at Rome, do we win it all Because the goal of this war is to seize the Vatican

Finally, I think it would be interesting if the Padania weren't necessarily villainous in this story. I saw them as somewhat akin to the US Confederate South in original GsG: not necessarily interested in fighting a war but willing to fight one to get the sovereignty they wanted. This could be their opportunity to secede from Italy while the government is scrambling to get support into Rome. Once they have what they want, they might strike a deal to come and assist so long as the Italian senate recognizes their independence. Then you could have old enemies turning into surprising new allies. 
Very interesting, I will consider it

Also, a quick question, why are the Muslims waging holy war in Rome? Perhaps I'm misinformed, but I thought Jerusalem was their holy city. You'll need to skew in a religious investment for it to be considered holy war (unless you're of the opinion that all wars fought by religious folk for tactical/geopolitical reasons or otherwise are "holy"). In other words, what specifically does is their religion concerned with that is in Rome, so far from their normal scope of concern?
In fact, Jerusalem is not Muslim holy site, although they also considered it important because of the city's history and the legend of it . Islam Holiest places is Mecca , all Muslims are required to go there at least once in a lifetime. They even have specialized banks lending money to the Islamists to help them go to Mecca

As for why they had come to Rome to conduct jihad ? Because Cardinals council launched the 12th crusade to protect Rome and it has triggered a Holy war in modern times . Fanaticism from all around the world , both Muslim and Christian , flocked to Rome to answering the call to Holy War , to kill each other in the name of god . The governments , on both sides , funding for these fanatics in order improve its position in the religious , to weaken their enemies and to conceal the activities of their special forces
Lyndist
Lyndist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content