Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What really is in the Conditioning meds?

+13
restonme
funkmachine
Schaschanist
Puget Sound
ElfenMagix
maverick375
Nachtsider
Officer_Charon
Kiskaloo
Alfisti
Professor Voodoo
Awinnell
Jacen Starslayer
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What really is in the Conditioning meds? - Page 2 Empty Estrogen

Post by restonme Fri 5 Jul 2013 - 21:20

for the sake of my story can we Keep out Estrogen.
my cyborg Needs it to show time and age throughout the story.

restonme

Forum Posts : 30

Registration date : 2013-07-03

Back to top Go down

What really is in the Conditioning meds? - Page 2 Empty Re: What really is in the Conditioning meds?

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 5 Jul 2013 - 21:26

restonme wrote:for the sake of my story can we Keep out Estrogen. my cyborg Needs it to show time and age throughout the story.

You are free to do what you want within your own fiction.

Personally, I think the comment in the ADV translation that Claes was taking estrogen pills was something they just made up. There is no such reference on that page in the Japanese tankōbon and I don't recall a footnotes page that would reference it, either.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

What really is in the Conditioning meds? - Page 2 Empty Re: What really is in the Conditioning meds?

Post by ElfenMagix Fri 5 Jul 2013 - 21:29

The Estrogren is to keep the girls from getting pregnant, for certain Calcium metabolism, to keep growing facial hair and a deepen voice from an over stressed Adrenal Gland producing Testosterone.

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5682

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by restonme Fri 5 Jul 2013 - 23:51

now i think i can understand the estrogen but can someone please specify what types of immunodeppresents. also i think that opiates could be necessary because if they are working with technology as advances as we think, i think they could permanatlay "deactivate" the nerve cells by burning them or using an iv to release a chemical that would naturally shut down nerve cells without the addictiveness or the constant Need for it.

What really is in the Conditioning meds? - Page 2 841427 
Run Triela! Run!                                   heres a Comic!!!!!

restonme

Back to top Go down

Post by restonme Sat 6 Jul 2013 - 4:27

does anybody know of a Website where i can try to Isolate a  compund based on what it can do to the human body  or mind. i´ve been looking for a database with Information to "develop" a compound like that used in gunslinger Girl and one that i would use ideally.

restonme

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 7:59

You could try web md or one of the medical sights bust most of the ones you'd want need subscriptions to see the good stuff and might be more scientific then you'd like (I don't know your background so the extent of this problem is up for debate)

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Direttore Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 11:28

restonme wrote:does anybody know of a Website where i can try to Isolate a  compund based on what it can do to the human body  or mind. i´ve been looking for a database with Information to "develop" a compound like that used in gunslinger Girl and one that i would use ideally.

If this is for a fic or an OC, I would stop now and not worry about it. The narrative use of the conditioning drug does not revolve around the specific compounds, but rather its effects. If you're spending a lot of time discussing the gritty details, you're probably doing it wrong.

Il Direttore

Forum Posts : 1003

Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 18:19

restonme wrote:does anybody know of a Website where i can try to Isolate a  compund based on what it can do to the human body  or mind. i´ve been looking for a database with Information to "develop" a compound like that used in gunslinger Girl and one that i would use ideally.

Just wing it, dude. A fanfic doesn't require that level of detail.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5722

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 22:05

The secret ingredient in the conditioning meds? It's pretty obvious when you think about it.

PEZ. Strawberry flavored PEZ.

maverick375

Forum Posts : 826

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 22:13

ROTFL
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 23:07

And the nice thing is that you can use chalk as a placebo and no one will notice.
maverick375
maverick375

Male

Forum Posts : 826

Fan of : manga

Original Characters : Jamie

Comments : GUNS!!!! MUWAHAHA

Oh, and swords. Swords are kewl too.

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by restonme Mon 8 Jul 2013 - 2:04

El Conservatore wrote:

If this is for a fic or an OC, I would stop now and not worry about it. The narrative use of the conditioning drug does not revolve around the specific compounds, but rather its effects. If you're spending a lot of time discussing the gritty details, you're probably doing it wrong.

it's actually not. i'm just a science geek,(and like most others) i would like to have one for myself. i try to find out what components would be absolutely necessary in real life so that if i'm allowed to take part in such a process (i'm in America so we probably wouldn't wipe the memories. but use surgery or hypnosis to "hide" them.) i would be able to help more.
restonme
restonme

Male

Fan of : gunslinger girl

Original Characters : Luciana

Comments : error 135625457....member is too awesome.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Mon 8 Jul 2013 - 5:55

i realized something, after reading the manga all over again from the tart to the end, i realized something; i could see they could feel the pain, but they didn't know how to express it. maybe it's something inside the 'cocktail' that affect's their personal order.
Razz
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Forum Posts : 1169

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 9 Jul 2013 - 3:51

restonme wrote:
El Conservatore wrote:

it's actually not. i'm just a science geek,(and like most others) i would like to have one for myself. i try to find out what components would be absolutely necessary in real life so that if i'm allowed to take part in such a process (i'm in America so we probably wouldn't wipe the memories. but use surgery or hypnosis to "hide" them.) i would be able to help more.

If you really are that interested there was an article in science or scientific American I don't remember which that was discussing a new class of drugs for PTSD patients that could potentially deaden memory recall or block a memory entirely.  The goal is basically to remove or reduce the memories affecting PTSD patients to help ease their symptoms, when I get back from vacation ill see if I still have the article.  I pulled it to use with my anatomy class I was teaching at the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by restonme Thu 11 Jul 2013 - 3:23

crazyidiot78 wrote:
If you really are that interested there was an article in science or scientific American I don't remember which that was discussing a new class of drugs for PTSD patients that could potentially deaden memory recall or block a memory entirely.  The goal is basically to remove or reduce the memories affecting PTSD patients to help ease their symptoms, when I get back from vacation ill see if I still have the article.  I pulled it to use with my anatomy class I was teaching at the time.
 thanks. that does sound promising for what I had in mind and even better for the Gunslinger Girl version if it had a side-effect of alseimers desease. (all I know about it so far is that it causes memory loss)

Full of Win
restonme
restonme

Male

Fan of : gunslinger girl

Original Characters : Luciana

Comments : error 135625457....member is too awesome.....

Back to top Go down

Post by NicoleRay Sat 22 Apr 2023 - 2:52

sát sao Jacen wrote:Tôi đã nói chuyện với CrazyIdiot78 ngày hôm qua và chúng tôi thảo luận về các tác dụng phụ có thể xảy ra của điều khiển học và việc thiếu cocktail điều hòa.

Vì vậy, chúng tôi bắt đầu nghĩ về các thành phần, đây là những gì chúng tôi nghĩ ra cho loại cocktail điên rồ.

Thủy ngân - Chất bảo quản và thành phần cuối cùng giết chết đối tượng.
Benzodizapans – Thuốc ức chế miễn
dịch chống trầm cảm – Thuốc chống đào thải để cơ thể không từ chối điều khiển học
Amphetmines – Để gây ra sự tập trung trong cơ thể.
Thuốc phiện – Thành phần gây nghiện chính cũng như làm giảm khả năng cảm thấy đau.
 – để ngăn chặn sự phát triển của các cô gái

Suy nghĩ của bạn?

Ngoài ra, việc xóa ký ức và cấy các ký ức khác được thực hiện thông qua đèn nhấp nháy nhanh từ một thiết bị trông giống như hệ thống trò chơi Visual Boy cũ.
Điều quan trọng cần lưu ý là thuốc điều hòa và các thành phần của chúng là một khái niệm hư cấu trong bối cảnh cuộc trò chuyện mà bạn đã đề cập. Trên thực tế, không có thứ gọi là "cocktail điều hòa" được sử dụng cùng với điều khiển học.

Last edited by NicoleRay on Mon 24 Apr 2023 - 5:03; edited 1 time in total

NicoleRay

Male

Forum Posts : 1

Fan of : One-Punch Man

Original Characters : Saitama

Comments : is one of the first movies that I have been impressed with since watching the anime until now. Really too strong, Saitama has almost no rival

Registration date : 2023-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Sun 23 Apr 2023 - 19:34

This is understood. The members are just speculating for entertainment. Like the thread where they speculate about the precise location of the SWA compound as if it was a real place.

I concern myself more with the "Conditioning drug's" effects in an attempt to produce a consistent and predictable description of how it affects its users. In my imagination and in my fiction, I see it as a drug that primarily stifles the body's rejection response - to artificial grafts and implants of the sort used by Section 2, at least - but it also seems to make its users extremely susceptible to suggestion. I posit that this is why the girls are given a single individual to focus their attention on, else they would be prone to believing, and obeying, whoever they last spoke to.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2