Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zombie plan

+13
Kiskaloo
tsundere9kagami2
KodokuRyuu
Danjo3
Awinnell
sasahara17
Sintendo
ElfenMagix
Nachtsider
rusty-spring
LoC978
Tommygunner70
Wileama
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Zombie plan - Page 3 Empty Re: Zombie plan

Post by LoC978 Fri 26 Dec 2008 - 1:33

reading back on Skippy's list, I found something pertinent:

Skippy wrote:Link
...in the event that your town is subject to a siege of shambling horrors that thirst for the still-warm flesh of the living, here are some handy tips.

1) Put 1-800-454-8000 on speed dial. If you need to call this number you do not want to have to go looking for it.

2) If you see a bunch of people sprint past you carrying automatic weapons and covered in rotting viscera, try to keep up with them. The movies always show that guy whose last thought is “What the heck are those guys running fro- OH MY GOD_Urk”

3) If you see me sprinting past you while carrying an automatic weapon and covered in rotting viscera, run perpendicular to my direction. Because I will shoot you in the foot to use you as bait. I don’t got to outrun the zombies, just you.

4) In any group of survivors there is usually one person who I will refer to as “creepy religious guy”. He’s the one muttering about God’s will, and how we deserve this punishment, and keeps saying disturbing quotes that sound kind of like they came out of the bible, but you are pretty sure that he’s just making them up as he goes.

No good ever comes out have letting him hang out. It’s only a matter of time before he tries human sacrifice or just let’s the zombies into your shelter. And he always get’s ripped apart in a horrible fashion. It’s best for everyone involved if you just give him a nice clean bullet to the head now.

5) In the event you come across a scientist who finds the zombies to be “fascinating specimens”, or crusty old military officers who start grumbling about “the perfect soldiers” see rule number 4.

6) Make certain that none of your friends are stupid enough to do any of the following: Read creepy old books out loud, open strange barrels with military warnings on them, screw around with angry lab monkeys, or propose any activity in a spooky abandoned mental hospital.

7) Never, ever, under any circumstances, attempt to have sex with a member of the undead. I would think that this particular rule is completely obvious to every person on the planet, but when you watch the kind of movies that I do it becomes evident that it is not.

8) If one of your friends has gone off to be by themselves, just assume that they are a goner. Don’t be the schmuck that goes off looking for them. That schmuck always get’s eaten by the zombified version of their friends.

9) If you hear a sound, but it turns out to just be the cat, start running. There are zombies behind you.

10) Do not take a shower during a zombie apocalypse. The zombies know when you are taking a shower, and they will show up. They also know when you are having sex, participating in underage drinking, cheating a friend, or doing any other morally questionable activity. Zombies are kind of like Santa Claus that way.

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Forum Posts : 2628

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Fri 26 Dec 2008 - 2:39

Heh, hilarious. Laughing

rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Forum Posts : 1380

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 4 Apr 2009 - 15:34

Bumped for a link to a website that's fun as all hell:

http://survivetheoutbreak.com/

I won't spoil anything for you guys. Go in and play the game.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5722

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Sat 4 Apr 2009 - 16:23

Who said FMV was dead. Or...err..undead.

maverick375

Forum Posts : 826

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick375 Sat 4 Apr 2009 - 16:34

I didnt read through all of the posts, so I don't know if it was suggested...
http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Survival-Guide-Complete-Protection/dp/1400049628/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238876922&sr=8-1

The Zombie Survival Guide. Great read.

Among many things it points out that most traditional zombies can be stopped by any shot or blunt force to the head. That being the case, your firearm of choice is a 22LR semi-auto. Reasonably accurate and at zombie panic distances it'll penetrate plenty. The best thing about it is that you can find ammo anywhere and can carry a lot of it without getting bogged down.

Carrying a thousand rounds of 22LR gives you more kills than the equivallent weight of centerfire ammo.

My personal choice would be a Saiga 12guage semi-auto, though.

maverick375

Forum Posts : 826

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Sat 4 Apr 2009 - 18:21

better to go with a shotgun that you can reload by the shell. no bulky mags, and it's easier to go on a kill-by-kill basis, feeding out of a pocket or bandoleer loops. hence my backup choice of my Franchi AL-48.
pertinent images:
Spoiler:

...just gotta make sure I can link up with my bro and bring my revolver when it starts. He's our .22 man, but he's only got a tube-feed rifle for it.

...I need to invest in a good bandoleer with 12 gauge loops, .45 mag pouches and a sword frog on the back (already got a double-wrap sword belt for my little blades)...

but even with all that...
Zombie plan - Page 3 FaceIt2
*hangs his head in shame*

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 10 Apr 2009 - 13:59

http://skippyslist.com/2009/04/07/it-begins/

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009/04/metairie_man_says_stranger_che.html

...I guess the shotgun and .45s will have to get me through.

*starts loading backpacks*

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Apr 2009 - 19:43

Bulky mags huh?

I don't know what you're thinking, but those aren't that heavy. My choice would be a civilian (semi-automatic) Daewoo USAS 12 with a 20-round drum magazine (and 2-3 ten-round magazines).

While you're stopping to reload after 4-5 slugs, I've got 15 to go before I have to pull out, plug in, with 10 more to go. It's good if we end up in one of those "we're completely surrounded" situations without a flamer or grenades.

Sure your shotgun is close to 7 lbs, but who cares? Zombies aren't that fast anyway. You have to take enough ammunition with you to take on a lot of zombies anyway.

Fully automatic shotguns though... now there's a pain. More weight, more recoil, and unless they are completely surrounding us, is just wasted overkill.

Then there's the punt gun. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 10 Apr 2009 - 19:54

Haven't you heard of fast zombies, Colonel? Not everything is like Night of the Living Dead, ya know.

Nobody saw my link, I take it. Baawww.

Nachtsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Apr 2009 - 20:00

Nachtsider wrote:Haven't you heard of fast zombies, Colonel? Not everything is like Night of the Living Dead, ya know.

Nobody saw my link, I take it. Baawww.
Funny you mention that... I was just telling someone two days ago about the fact that there can be fast zombies.

But even if there were, I'd still rather have a lot of shots available.

I said that would be my choice of shotgun, not my main choice of weapon, however. My weapon of choice would be, even if it were homemade, a flame thrower. But then again, if I were in a zombie movie, I'd probably be that guy who ends up blowing up. Nuke X.X

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 10 Apr 2009 - 20:10

wasn't talkin' about weight. Volume and shape make a big difference. Even the mags for my PSL are a little awkward to carry around, due to how wide and thick they are. Compare that to a Saiga or USAS 12 mag. Loose rounds take up a lot less space on your person... and I'll be reloading every 1-4 kills, but it takes less than a second to pop a new shell into a tube-feed shotgun once the thing's in your hand. It can easily be done at the low ready position, and again, I don't have any mags to store (for the shotgun, anyway... and Glock 21 mags are small enough to be kept easily in pockets). With a Saiga or USAS 12 you'd have to store empty mags after you've changed 'em out as well, you never know when you'll be able to get more.

So if you find yourself against a horde of 50-ish zombies, you empty two mags into 'em, and you've got 10+ zombies to go with no mags (seriously, carrying more than two of these {or four of these} would slow you down immensely), what do you do, single-feed the damn thing? I'll keep my 7lb shotgun (which is pretty much a straight line, lacking the easy-to-snag knobbly bits of your tacticool 12-gauges) and easily manageable ammo so I can vault myself up onto the nearest wall easier, thanks Wink

**edit**
...um, yeah...
as Tommy has noted earlier, flame is a horrible weapon against zombies. They don't feel pain. You want to sever their spinal column or splatter their brain as fast as possible, not burn their musculature away over the course of several (sometimes 30 or more) precious seconds.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 10 Apr 2009 - 20:31

Spot on - they'll just keep coming at you while on fire.

Flaming zombies scare the shit out of me.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by tsundere9kagami2 Fri 10 Apr 2009 - 20:40

I realized that about the shotgun earlier this year and it was like a revalation when it hit me.

You dont have to load bullets into a magazine (or clip) and then load that into a gun I can just put the bullets straight in its so simple!
tsundere9kagami2
tsundere9kagami2
Oceanic Drifting

Male

Forum Posts : 1075

Fan of : Moe~

Original Characters : youru kun

Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Fri 10 Apr 2009 - 21:31

tube-feed plus semi-auto equals AWESOME
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Fri 15 Feb 2013 - 15:34

You kinda have to stand in awe of the huge balls it takes to mention something so... So... fuck I don't know what to call it... zombie invasion... I'd call it a load of horse shit that is mildly entertaining but then my rational side kicks in to say "well it could happen."

Nice find man

*Steps back into the shadows*
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1956

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Back to top Go down