Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you happy about right now?

+56
Pax
ACH
mushi4fr
funkmachine
imksoon
tremec6speed
NeverSleep
Social Welfare Nation
theprodigalson
ChaosKin640
motorwaymurderer
ElfenMagix
FearTheLASERFACE
BanksPDaniels
jedoZhidin
WEBER
Aisha_Hikari
Sintendo
Plaxy
Officer_Charon
H_Wimbleton
windfish55
Reina
maverick375
Cherubino
Adam
Tommygunner70
Triela Hilshire
Nuke is Good
MadHatChemist
Triela-Chan
Godot
Probit Return
MP5
Splintered Soul
Jacen Starslayer
0utf0xZer0
Totoum
Five_X
Nachtsider
Triela
DaGuyEvery1Knows
Robert Frazer
TTIO
Danjo3
boomer_gonz
hydra282
Toma-kun
rusty-spring
Professor Voodoo
Alfisti
Sakura
tsundere9kagami2
Kiskaloo
Awinnell
LoC978
60 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

What are you happy about right now? - Page 3 Empty Re: What are you happy about right now?

Post by Probit Return Sun 7 Mar 2010 - 16:48

Internet's back! Yay! The Leech Extraordinaire has returned!

That's referring to me, if anyone is wondering.

Probit Return
That One Guy

Forum Posts : 653

Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

What are you happy about right now? - Page 3 Empty Re: What are you happy about right now?

Post by hydra282 Mon 8 Mar 2010 - 14:28

My dad got a house with comfortable couches and we got sleep in a bedroom instead of the livingroom. Best of all, my dad got us a laptop(although it's really small) Awesome!

hydra282
Flower Spirit

Forum Posts : 358

Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 10:04

Finally worked out where to buy the blasted book from:

What are you happy about right now? - Page 3 156_large1

Fleet Street Scandal I get the feeling their site could be detrimental to my wallet.

Alfisti

Forum Posts : 5880

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Wed 17 Mar 2010 - 20:03

I'm playing Arac in a production of Princess Ida , one of Gilbert & Sullivan's operettas, which just opened tonight to a good reception. It wasn't a sell-out crowd (the last week before end of term is an appalling time to schedule a university show, but unfortunately the theatre only had that week free), but the audience was responsive and appreciative. It's certainly a relief after being death-marched with rehearsals the last fortnight! Indeed, the society chairman was so pleased he treated us with sparkling wine and Krispy Kreme doughnuts... heh, we're really at the height of cuture, aren't we? There were a few niggles, but there's a week more of performances to iron them out before the grand finale. Not a bad start.

Robert Frazer

Forum Posts : 1156

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Mar 2010 - 21:10

i have to say i am happy with the weather, spring is finally here and that i only had two days in the classroom this week

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Wed 17 Mar 2010 - 22:54

Robert Frazer wrote:I'm playing Arac in a production of Princess Ida , one of Gilbert & Sullivan's operettas,

Congratulations. I suppose in the theatre it's bad luck to wish you good luck (does that only apply to plays, or musical theatre as well?) on the rest of your run, so break a leg!

Professor Voodoo

Forum Posts : 3428

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 18 Mar 2010 - 15:12

Well it only took 25 years, but the Dirty Pair tv series (circa 1985) is coming to Region 1 DVD!

Needless to say, I'm pretty darn ecstatic!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

The Right Stuff have licensed the show and are releasing it through their Nozomi Entertainment division.

You can pre-order it now for $29.99 through today (using their "magica" coupon code as part of their 40% off sale) or $37.99 going forward. It's scheduled for release this fall in two DVD sets of 13 episodes each (so it includes the original 24 broadcast episodes plus the two extra episodes released on the "From Lovely Angels with Love" LD).

The DVDs are re-mastered from the Japanese DVDs (which I have fan-subs of and they look sharp) and will have Japanese audio and English subtitles.

Press Release.

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura Thu 18 Mar 2010 - 16:26

Hearing him play on his guitar and sing songs for me. I feel like such a giddy fangirl~ What are you happy about right now? - Page 3 923688

Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Forum Posts : 472

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Thu 18 Mar 2010 - 17:33

Kiskaloo wrote:Well it only took 25 years, but the Dirty Pair tv series (circa 1985) is coming to Region 1 DVD!
I remember reading ads (and maybe an excerpt chapter) from that manga in Heavy Metal magazine years ago.

I got an e-mail from the office today, informing me that the guy who was supposed to be relieving me aboard this boat is unable to come, so I've just scored at least an extra week aboard (and on the payroll). This might delay my episode 12 though...there's a reference source that I need to finish up sitting at home on my coffee table.

Professor Voodoo

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Thu 18 Mar 2010 - 19:00

Kiskaloo wrote:Well it only took 25 years, but the Dirty Pair tv series (circa 1985) is coming to Region 1 DVD!

Needless to say, I'm pretty darn ecstatic!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

The Right Stuff have licensed the show and are releasing it through their Nozomi Entertainment division.

You can pre-order it now for $29.99 through today (using their "magica" coupon code as part of their 40% off sale) or $37.99 going forward. It's scheduled for release this fall in two DVD sets of 13 episodes each (so it includes the original 24 broadcast episodes plus the two extra episodes released on the "From Lovely Angels with Love" LD).

The DVDs are re-mastered from the Japanese DVDs (which I have fan-subs of and they look sharp) and will have Japanese audio and English subtitles.

Press Release.

As celebration I am going out to celebrate St. patty's...AGAIN!!

What are you happy about right now? - Page 3 735198 What are you happy about right now? - Page 3 50022 What are you happy about right now? - Page 3 684325 What are you happy about right now? - Page 3 788544 What are you happy about right now? - Page 3 842363 What are you happy about right now? - Page 3 419477 What are you happy about right now? - Page 3 917667
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Forum Posts : 2574

Fan of : Crystal Palace!!!

Original Characters : Alpha/Omega Fratello & Dr. Giacomo Gianncomo

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Godot Thu 18 Mar 2010 - 19:14

I am happy that I am finally finished with finals for a quarter with some of the worst professors I have ever had What are you happy about right now? - Page 3 367 .
What are you happy about right now? - Page 3 842363
Godot
Godot

Male

Forum Posts : 198

Fan of : Henrietta

Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer Thu 18 Mar 2010 - 19:37

I'm happy because I've finished writing two chapters and I hope to post them by the close of business tomorrow.
Jacen Starslayer
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Forum Posts : 525

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Original Characters : Jay Valentine

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 12:32

I'm also happy that I got my first job interview in over a year. (I've been unemployed since August 2008....) Which is the best news that I have received in a long time.
Jacen Starslayer
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Final Fantasy, Parasite Eve 2, Fate/Stay Night, Ah! My Goddess, etc.

Comments : "The man who tries to please everyone, will never be happy with themselves."

Back to top Go down

Post by Toma-kun Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 18:19

Jacen Starslayer wrote:I'm also happy that I got my first job interview in over a year. (I've been unemployed since August 2008....) Which is the best news that I have received in a long time.

Cool beans man, I hope it turns out well for you; I was on that boat not that long ago!

We get to pick up my brother's gun from jail tomorrow, a two tone Sig P239 in .357SIG and I'm finally getting Final Fantasy XIII. As an added bonus, the gun store is in Pacifica which is quite a ways away from where we live, but the drive is breathtakingly scenic and equally as challenging!
Toma-kun
Toma-kun

Male

Forum Posts : 134

Fan of : GSG, Boogiepop

Comments : Has a luck stat of 1.

Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer Fri 19 Mar 2010 - 18:26

Nice.
Jacen Starslayer
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 21 Mar 2010 - 8:17

What are you happy about right now? - Page 3 Untitlede1

I felt like my heart had stopped.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela-Chan Sun 21 Mar 2010 - 18:59

My exchange partner went back home this morning (we had an awesome week) we saw Alice in Wonderland and The australian Pink Floyd show (WE DON'T NEED NO EDUCATION!) and now I just came back from my first concert: Mika!
It was awesome! The support band was kinda cute cause it was the first time for them playing in front of so much people and they were really nervous ^___^
Still there were a few teenage girls in front of us (I hate teenage girls...) and I found out that I have a lot to learn about concerts (like where do you have to stand, bring some needles with you,etc.)
At the next concert I´ll learn from the master (My aunt ^__^)
Triela-Chan
Triela-Chan
The Sakurazukamori

Female

Forum Posts : 786

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire

Original Characters : ääähm...

Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 9:16

Shiny-new (well, old-new) 50mm f1.4 prime-focus lens for the Minolta arrived in the post today. Seriously, it's in beautiful condition, even better then the camera itself which is saying something.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 16:25

Hmm...I'm happy that I still have Half a Case of Mountain Dew left.
Jacen Starslayer
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 16:50

Nachtsider wrote:What are you happy about right now? - Page 3 Untitlede1

I felt like my heart had stopped.

cheers
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 23 Mar 2010 - 3:27

Oh yeah, found my chill out spot for this campus. Could be a bit cold come winter but for this arvo it's pretty much perfect.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 23 Mar 2010 - 18:46

happiness update:
been getting laid pretty regularly (by the same woman, no less... one day I think I may wake up and admit I'm in a relationship Guh? )... got my GI Bill activated (and I get to play with big machine tools at school)... and I haven't had to kill anything but bottles and targets in years.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura Tue 23 Mar 2010 - 19:28

Went back to campus in over 6 months to pick up transcripts and visit the lab. Was nice to meet up with the guys and chat over lunch. I really need to go visit more often. What are you happy about right now? - Page 3 61015
Sakura
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Fan of : Penguins, Pancake Bunny

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 0:21

I'm happy I'm going home from spring break in two days. =D

Sad because I'm siiiiick! Do not waaaaant! ;___;
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 20:24

The Professor Layton figure I ordered from Play-Asia arrived today!
Sakura
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Fan of : Penguins, Pancake Bunny

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 21:25

The power adapter for my laptop burned up, which would have left me without a computer for at least one more week at sea, but using my reckless wiring skills I managed to MacGyver a solution involving tape, solder, and a paper clip.

Would it pass a fire-code inspection? Best not to ask.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 21:46

Professor Voodoo wrote:The power adapter for my laptop burned up, which would have left me without a computer for at least one more week at sea, but using my reckless wiring skills I managed to MacGyver a solution involving tape, solder, and a paper clip.

Nice.
Jacen Starslayer
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 21:50

Professor Voodoo wrote:The power adapter for my laptop burned up, which would have left me without a computer for at least one more week at sea, but using my reckless wiring skills I managed to MacGyver a solution involving tape, solder, and a paper clip.

Next task of course it to use the same materials to create a nuclear reactor...
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 21:52

Alfisti wrote:

Or disarming a Nuclear weapon with only those items.
Jacen Starslayer
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 21:59

Jacen Starslayer wrote:
Alfisti wrote:

New challenge for the bombsquad girls...
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 22:41

just found out i can pull off the pre trip extension to hong kong for a possible china trip this fall. now i just have to get the school to aprove the two weeks off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 23:32

Alfisti wrote:
Jacen Starslayer wrote:
Alfisti wrote:

New challenge for the bombsquad girls...

Does it occur to anyone that giving the world's cheapest action hero a Scottish name was sterotyping?
What are you happy about right now? - Page 3 Wwmgd10
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 1:31

I'm back home for a little over a week with meh baby. <3 She's in bed right next to me now. ^_^

What are you happy about right now? - Page 3 Photo250-1

I missed her sooo much! ;_; She's my other half.
Triela
Triela

Female

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Back to top Go down

Post by MadHatChemist Sat 27 Mar 2010 - 3:38

Jacen Starslayer wrote:

MadHatChemist
MadHatChemist

Male

Forum Posts : 441

Fan of : Triela & Claes

Original Characters : None.

Comments : n/a

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacen Starslayer Sat 27 Mar 2010 - 9:38

Famous Last Words: "Trust me I know what I'm doing."
Famous last words: "What happens if I touch these two wires tog-"
Famous Last Words: "Don't worry it's not loaded."
Jacen Starslayer
Jacen Starslayer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 27 Mar 2010 - 10:37

Famous Last Words, Jeremy Clarkson Edition: "How hard can it be?"
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke is Good Sun 28 Mar 2010 - 21:59

I finally finished MS Victory Gundam, in the end I felt it was better than Zeta which previously held favorite main series Gundam.

However with OVA's 0080 and 08th MS Team are still favorites.

Oh well, time to study for exams again.
Nuke is Good
Nuke is Good

Male

Forum Posts : 326

Original Characters : Rc v1

Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 23:49

Finally going ashore tomorrow after 6 weeks at work. I'll be out of touch most of the day, but I'll be home by this time tomorrow night.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 31 Mar 2010 - 10:15

Linde Werdelin...
...are making a comic.

That's spies, comics, watches and mid-century design influences all rolled into one. Which, on planet Alfisti, pretty much blows the top right off the awesome-o-meter.

Jethro uses one of their brown 3-Timers.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Wed 31 Mar 2010 - 10:47

Winter (and any trace of it i.e. snow) is finally non-existent for now. Long live Spring/Summer/Fall. What are you happy about right now? - Page 3 Icon_razz
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Wed 31 Mar 2010 - 12:34

rusty-spring wrote:Winter (and any trace of it i.e. snow) is finally non-existent for now. Long live Spring/Summer/Fall. What are you happy about right now? - Page 3 Icon_razz

speak for yourself ,snow and more snow !
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Wed 31 Mar 2010 - 19:06

I ducked out of Seattle just in time, evidently. Huge Pacific storm rolled in Monday morning and has been dumping rain and hail with high winds the past two days.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke is Good Mon 5 Apr 2010 - 20:33

One of my suitemates got suspended for possession of marijuana. The guy was a real douchebag eating our food without telling us. So its just my friend and me left.

Suitemate 1: Arrested a month ago for punching out a girl in a party
Suitemate 2: Busted for possession and causing the fire alarm to go off. Yeah throwing the stuff in the garbage in your room is going to stop the cops from finding it.

The two douches are gone so the last month of college for me is gonna be nice and peaceful.
Nuke is Good
Nuke is Good

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Mon 5 Apr 2010 - 21:46

This was me last week:

What are you happy about right now? - Page 3 P1000379x.th

Not pictured: rain, wind, and being so cripplingly cold that I literally physically couldn't hold a pen in order to record the survey. Funny that I was up at about 10,000' the week before last and felt a lot better than I did at sea level.

Easter Monday Bank Holiday, however, turned out to be bright and sunny and cloudless - after a week of being battered by relentless foul weather, to have the weather turn precisely when we returned all of our equipment... well, you have to laugh. Laugh long and loud and hard.

Anyway, after getting to Mass for the first time in too long on Easter Sunday I could have taken the Bank Holiday weather today as a reward for my refreshed and renewed commitment. I could have gone out, done my exercises in the fresh air instead of the rancid gym, or read my book and watched the ships come in at Mayflower Park, or had a walk on the old medieval walls. Even if that seemed like too much effort, I could have finally wrapped up WBFB in an afternoon of creativity.

What do I do?

I spent the entire day transcribing a 10,000 word audio tape into text, re-editing in order to correct timestamp format, and having multiple rewindings to try and puzzle out fuzzy sound.

Yeah.

But it's done now. Thank God, it's done.
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Tue 6 Apr 2010 - 0:12

Nuke is Good wrote: The two douches are gone so the last month of college for me is gonna be nice and peaceful.
Sounds like you're happy to see them gone, but doesn't losing two suite-mates raise your share of the rent?

Robert Frazer wrote:This was me last week:
What GPS are you using there? You only have one antenna, so it must be something with a differential receiver built in.
I spent the entire day transcribing a 10,000 word audio tape into text, re-editing in order to correct timestamp format, and having multiple rewindings to try and puzzle out fuzzy sound.
Is this at least something you got paid for?

As for me...I put in 440 miles (708km) on the bike today. I'll have photos of the Barber Motorsports Museum for you car & bike enthusiasts tomorrow.
What are you happy about right now? - Page 3 Bandit10
Unlike Kara, Voodoo did not turn his nose up at the Hampton Inn...since it's less than a mile from the track/museum.

Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by hydra282 Tue 6 Apr 2010 - 1:50

Mr. Men and Pokemon are on Boomerang and Adventure Time finally premiered. cheers
hydra282
hydra282
Flower Spirit

Male

Forum Posts : 358

Fan of : Henrietta! Beatrice! Elsa!

Original Characters : Zaron + Josie +

Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke is Good Tue 6 Apr 2010 - 2:24

Professor Voodoo wrote:
Nuke is Good wrote: The two douches are gone so the last month of college for me is gonna be nice and peaceful.
Sounds like you're happy to see them gone, but doesn't losing two suite-mates raise your share of the rent?

Nope, we're in a college dormitory. So our board is same regardless. I dont have to deal with beer pong parties or any stupid bs like that anymore.
Nuke is Good
Nuke is Good

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Frazer Tue 6 Apr 2010 - 9:23

What GPS are you using there? You only have one antenna, so it must be something with a differential receiver built in.

Yes, it's a Real Time Kinematic GPS unit, which connects to an established network of base stations using mobile phone signals. It essentially allows you to do the work of theodolite/total station - which needs two men and a lot of fiddling with knobs and squinting at far-off waving and wild hand signals - solo.

Some diagrams

It can be much faster to work with, but the device is a bit tempermental and liable to lose the satellite signal if it's under anything less than open sky, so there can be a lot of frustrated waiting about and jabbing buttons while it reacquires its references. By which time the rain's seeped down your hood.

Is this at least something you got paid for?

Well, after my fingers dropped off last night I had acquired an increased respect for the secretarial profession, so that's a Valuable Life LessonTM to console myself with...
Robert Frazer
Robert Frazer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MP5 Tue 6 Apr 2010 - 19:05

I mended the speedometer on an exercise bike when I got home and then proceeded to pedal for five miles while playing Gran Turismo 4!
MP5
MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 6 Apr 2010 - 23:47

I think I'm going to let Monty and Jethro explain this one:

Jethro: Have we got anything booked for May-June-ish?

Monty: Yeah, two resonably major jobs. Umm, why?

Jethro: You remember that mate that was supposed to be getting married in September?

Monty *warily*:
Yeahsss?

Jethro: Well he's moved it up to May, in San Francisco... and he still needs groomsmen.

Monty: Bollocks. No-one should be moronic enough to try and plan a wedding in under two months!

Jethro: Midget apparently is.

Monty: *sigh How the hell do you meet these people. Well at least SanFran's better than the original Hawaii plan I guess. I'll see what I can shuffle... again.

So yeah. Happy because I get to go overseas, to SF rather than Hawaii and I get to go to a wedding... Unhappy because it's slap-bang in the middle of my assessment period so I'll only be able to grab a few days. Plus it's going to send me broke: again.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Tue 6 Apr 2010 - 23:48

hydra282 wrote: Adventure Time finally premiered. cheers

I LOOOOOOOOOVE ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <333333
Triela
Triela

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Wed 7 Apr 2010 - 0:01

Alfisti wrote: So yeah. Happy because I get to go overseas, to SF rather than Hawaii and I get to go to a wedding... Unhappy because it's slap-bang in the middle of my assessment period so I'll only be able to grab a few days. Plus it's going to send me broke: again.

Sign onto a cargo ship bound for San Francisco as a cook. You already know what you're doing, which puts you way ahead of most ship-board cooks.

Pros: Instead of depleting your funds, you'll make a little cash. Also, you get to wear a sailor's pea-coat and a beard without looking like a hobo.

Cons: Months at sea, maybe motion-sickness, possible rape.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by Toma-kun Thu 8 Apr 2010 - 19:36

I was just rejected by the girl I liked. At first I was hurt, but now I don't fear rejection nearly as much and actually feel more confident about approaching others. Weird how that works out.
Toma-kun
Toma-kun

Male

Forum Posts : 134

Fan of : GSG, Boogiepop

Comments : Has a luck stat of 1.

Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 16 Apr 2010 - 1:08

It was a pretty cool sky this evening with just a sliver moon (3%, lit from below) and a very bright Venus and Mercury.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Fri 16 Apr 2010 - 6:32

The insomnia bug has bitten me yet again and I can't sleep for the life of me. I am completely out of Melatonin and diphenhydramine scares the living crap out of me.

So aside from that ( sweat ) I have been tooling around with Linux for a while and am really liking it. The Ubuntu GUI looks and feels a lot like old school Mac OS which I loved. And now...a rant:

To all holy heck with you Mac OS X neophytes, Mac OS X is the reason why I completely switched to XP and yes, I'm talking about the lack of backward compatibility. It's kinda hard to get behind a new OS when all your old applications and files are incompatible(re: nigh unusable) upon the upgrade and you can't re-install your older OS because the new OS install completely changed the kernel structure! Ironically; Microsoft would do the exact-same-thing with Vista half a decade later and hope that most folks wouldn't notice (like Apple with OS X), but at least at the time I (and others who switched over due to Mac OS X) knew this song and dance well enough to not be suckered in a second time.

Transmission is a stupid-fast torrent client and due to the nature of Linux itself, file-encryption is a breeze and then some. The best part about it is the seemingly stingy allocation of resources giving it's run on this dinosaur compared to XP running on my (now old) multitasker a run for it's money.

(Old) Multitasker specs:
-3.2 GHz P4 HT
-4 GB DDR2 RAM
-2x 500 GB SATA1 HDs
-ATI All-in-Wonder X800 GT

Current Frankenstein specs:
-1.4 GHz P3
-2 GB DDR RAM
-250 GB PATA HD
-Integrated 128-bit Video

Although I most likely will return to form when my gamer and multitasker get rebuilt and re-install XP on those; with Transmission faster than even Vuze and TOR/Privoxy working even better with Ubuntu than with XP, I just might keep this one around adding a second HD and some more fans to keep her cool. In fact, yes, I believe I just might add a dedicated DLer to my stable. What are you happy about right now? - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
boomer_gonz
boomer_gonz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Fri 16 Apr 2010 - 9:43

I use Transmission under OS X and it is indeed amazing. With the right seeders, I can clear two MBs.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Hilshire Fri 16 Apr 2010 - 10:01

Finding the best location for my external XM antenna that won't net me fines from the "Historical Preservation Society". ^^
Triela Hilshire
Triela Hilshire

Female

Forum Posts : 150

Fan of : Triela, Henrietta, Rico, Beatrice, Angelica, and... Claes.

Original Characters : Karin Hilshire

Comments : Karin Hilshire, WoD character based off of Triela from Gunslinger Girl.

Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 16 Apr 2010 - 10:12

Triela Hilshire wrote:Finding the best location for my external XM antenna that won't net me fines from the "Historical Preservation Society". ^^

You're in a heritage listed building?
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Hilshire Fri 16 Apr 2010 - 15:28

Alfisti wrote:
Triela Hilshire wrote:Finding the best location for my external XM antenna that won't net me fines from the "Historical Preservation Society". ^^

You're in a heritage listed building?

No, which is the funny part, the whole town has these odd rules about how modern style houses should look. Back when the house was built the TV antenna rig was on the roof, then moved into the garage's crawl space, we can't have a satellite dish, external antennas, dog run, clothes line, fence, or awnings.

I can see where the historical buildings and homes in the actual town center would need to follow such rules, but being 1.3 miles from the town center where things are less uniform... I've often wondered if the folks in the town hall eat those paint chips from the ceilings...
Triela Hilshire
Triela Hilshire

Female

Forum Posts : 150

Fan of : Triela, Henrietta, Rico, Beatrice, Angelica, and... Claes.

Original Characters : Karin Hilshire

Comments : Karin Hilshire, WoD character based off of Triela from Gunslinger Girl.

Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next