Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Like Weapon, Like Wielder

+11
Danjo3
Wileama
West Nile
Tommygunner70
ElfenMagix
LoC978
Piero
Sintendo
Utsurokuri
Probit Return
Nachtsider
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Like Weapon, Like Wielder - Page 2 Empty Re: Like Weapon, Like Wielder

Post by maverick375 Thu 21 May 2009 - 21:56

while jose uses a FiveSevenNine(?).

Might you be confusing the Five-SeveN with the FNP-9?

The Five-SeveN is a neat gun, though it's kinda like a 22WMR on steroids. It's a 5.7x28mm cartridge, which I have to say after having picked some up at the range one day, is an impressive little bastard. The accuracy and velocity out of that sucker are it's two major benefits, which are only enhanced by the AP bullets availiable to the military. Even sub-sonic, it retains a lot of it's capability, a reason the suppressed P90 is finding favor in a few circles. Huge magazine capacity is another plus.

While a penetrator/fragmentation design of bullet, it really has no stopping power without accuracy. It WILL take down a target if the shot placement is fatal, or if fired in massive numbers, but even a 380ACP (9x17) has more effect on a non-vital area. Larger calibers are great for their permanent and temporary cavity ability, if not for penetration.
If you know you're likely to face an armored opponent, take a five-seven chambered gun, or a large caliber that armor can't easily stop, like a 44mag or 50AE.

One thing I've been thinking about my own OC's choice of gun (M&P40) is the commonality of 40S&W ammo in Europe. In a fairly covert operating group like the SWA, using an uncommon cartridge can be like taking out an ad sign.

Please don't think I'm complaining, Elf, about your choice in the .32NAA (that is your story, your choice), but in terms of actually being covert, were one of those spent cases picked up by someone interested, it lends itself to being tracked, if not to the buyer, then at least between corpses and jobs. It's just an observation and thought process I've used in my own story work and i thought I'd mention it.
It's not like my choice of a .50Beowulf AR doesn't fall into that catagory, but then again ,there's nothing covert about the Beo.

maverick375

Forum Posts : 826

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Thu 21 May 2009 - 22:37

Yes I did. I meant Five-SeveN.

And yes, you are right about the casing being traced.
But when in most missions, as per Episode 1&2 and the V1 of the Manga, the SWA seems to send a cleaning crew to deal with the mess. Who this cleaning crew is... remains to be seen but hints seem to show that its Ferro and the Logistics & Support Teams.

Last edited by ElfenMagix on Thu 21 May 2009 - 22:54; edited 1 time in total

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5682

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Thu 21 May 2009 - 22:51

maverick375 wrote:One thing I've been thinking about my own OC's choice of gun (M&P40) is the commonality of 40S&W ammo in Europe. In a fairly covert operating group like the SWA, using an uncommon cartridge can be like taking out an ad sign.

Michele and Kara depend on forensics thinking the US Federal Bureau of Investigation is working Italian shores. Razz

Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Forum Posts : 10984

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Piero Fri 22 May 2009 - 3:13

I still think the Desert Eagle is a very poor choice. There are other weapons that can be effective against opponents in body armour. Heck, there's are a number of armour piercing versions of 9x19mm out there. And a Glock, Sig Sauer, Beretta what have-you is a more practical service sidearm then a Desert Eagle. Those things are bulky, weigh about twice as much as many full size service pistols, have massive muzzle flash, use ammunition that isn't always easy to obtain, and aren't known for being particularly reliable. There's probably a good reason why professional military and police units use other sidearms.

As for handguns being more personal -I can see your point Elfen, but even so I don't think Etta's SiG can be considered iconic the way her P-90 is.

Piero

Forum Posts : 2617

Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 May 2009 - 4:42

Wow, I just noticed this thread and really feel that I have to pitch in what I have.

The OC sides, huh?

One of the most distinctive weapon Frederick wields is the ancient yet
reliable StG44 (Sturmgewehr 44) which chambers 7.92x33mm Kurz round.
Although considered obsolete, the StG44 is among the pioneer of modern
day assault rifles similar to how Frederick is the prototype of the 2nd
Generations (in my fiction). His other weapon includes the Mauser C96
'Red 9' variant again--despite the old age--shows reliability and
endurance reflecting to Frederick's attitude service length at the
moment.
The MP40 and K98K were the mainstray standard-issue weapon of the
Wehrmacht during the second World War and up till' the end of the war.
The K98 went as far back as the first world war and still shows its
loyalty to the German. This reflects Frederick's attitude towards his
deceased handler and his standing, as well as his strong dedication
towards the Agency.

Overall, all weapon wielded by Frederick reflects William Koch, the
deceased handler of Frederick. Like the rest of them, he holds deep
history to what mold Frederick into what he is. Just how those weapons
mold what modern weapons became as to what it is today.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Fri 22 May 2009 - 10:51

well let's see...
Mina & her H&K UMP .45cal- both have one thing in common, they are not too big, they are cute and they kill!

Ella & her Remington 1100 Tactical Shotgun- is not connected by the gun itself but by the fact that she assigned to Hilshire, it represents how Ella makes a bad replacement for Hilshire the same way such a shot gun would be a bad replacement for Triela's winchester.

Sophia & her Modified Heckler & Koch G3 (modified since it has a harpoon gun and is water safe) : the Heckler & Koch G3 is the national rifle of Ukrane, a jump in technology from their old weapons, same way that Sophia as the 3rd gen is a technological leap for the SWA. it is modified for water combat the same way Sophia is the only girl to be modified for the water as well.

Anica & her AWM L115A1 rifle- Like rifle like wielder, Anica is a superb sniper but useless in anything else aside from that.

Fei & her PP-19 Bizon w/ flash grenade launcher: both of them have an similarity in their unexpected versatility, the Bizon being a sub-machine gun is a surprisingly accurate weapon that can fire different kinds of rounds and can carry a grenade launcher, while Fei even though is the blind cyborg and is specified for low-visiual missions, is trained by her handler Iroh to be the most capable cyborg among the 3rd generation

Lance & his Modified FAMAS- Lance's FAMAS has been tweeked so often by his multimillion dollar agency that the French have proposed to buy the blueprints of them for immunity of all of their agents in France. Lance is not one to stay traditional, what is new and deadlier he will be willing to try. Because, one thing is for certain for him, if it's more efficient then the job could be done faster.

West Nile
WestNilepedia

Forum Posts : 1747

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Fri 22 May 2009 - 21:35

Piero wrote:I still think the Desert Eagle is a very poor choice. There are other weapons that can be effective against opponents in body armour. Heck, there's are a number of armour piercing versions of 9x19mm out there. And a Glock, Sig Sauer, Beretta what have-you is a more practical service sidearm then a Desert Eagle. Those things are bulky, weigh about twice as much as many full size service pistols, have massive muzzle flash, use ammunition that isn't always easy to obtain, and aren't known for being particularly reliable. There's probably a good reason why professional military and police units use other sidearms.

As for handguns being more personal -I can see your point Elfen, but even so I don't think Etta's SiG can be considered iconic the way her P-90 is.
The SiG P239 Duo-Tone (Henrietta's gun) is a 'cute gun'. Then again, so is the .32NAA with the right grips Evil
But, as for body amour... The Fernando/Rachel (And Francesca) rule is, "If they dont go down after 2, go for a head shot."
"As much as some would say thay had, no company has ever made a bullet proof hat!" Seriously, there are bullet proof hats out in production, which would stop a bullet's penetration to the head and skull, but none stop the force of getting hit by the major leaguer swung baseball bat force that follows the impact. Maybe perhaps a military iron pot helmet, and even then I doubt it. In short, it may save your life, but you'll be laying on the ground unconscious for a couple of hours and wake up with a massive concussion and headache afterwards.

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5682

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sat 23 May 2009 - 7:50

Like Weapon, Like Wielder - Page 2 Cellph10

this has to be suitable for one of the girls ! a working handgun and cellphone combined !

Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Forum Posts : 2131

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sat 23 May 2009 - 11:26

Awinnell wrote:this has to be suitable for one of the girls ! a working handgun and cellphone combined !
Can you imagine what it would be like if all the girls had one -

Hillshire: “Triela! Get off your gun and go shoot that bastard!”

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Forum Posts : 2609

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Sat 23 May 2009 - 12:00

Triela: "He what?! You can't let him ge-"

Triela: "hold on," *BANG* pause *BANGBANGBANG* "...you can't let him get away with that, Claes!"
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Sat 23 May 2009 - 12:03

Like Weapon, Like Wielder - Page 2 1740-p10
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Sat 23 May 2009 - 13:46

Whoah!! Is that you call a shotgun? Laughing
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 May 2009 - 14:25

Triela: "He what?! You can't let him ge-"

Triela: "hold on," *BANG* pause *BANGBANGBANG* "...you can't let him get away with that, Claes!"

*hintLukehint*

Like Weapon, Like Wielder - Page 2 1740-p10
I'd want one of those.... 0_0

...the bayonet, I mean

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Sun 24 May 2009 - 2:43

Danjo3 wrote:
Awinnell wrote:this has to be suitable for one of the girls ! a working handgun and cellphone combined !
Can you imagine what it would be like if all the girls had one -

*Just getting out of the hospital Emilio*
*Rico approaches*
Emilio: ow it's you, Rico right?
Rico: draws handgun
Emilio: NOT AGAIN!! Time to Sleep
Rico: but.... but... i just wanted... to get your number...
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Forum Posts : 1747

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2