Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newest in weapon tech

+6
windfish55
Awinnell
funkmachine
Alfisti
H_Wimbleton
WEBER
10 posters

Go down

Newest in weapon tech Empty Newest in weapon tech

Post by WEBER Thu 22 Jul 2010 - 12:45

The iPeg company by Pascal Eggert has 3 amazing weapons made with the best technology avaliable. They are the Titan C2, Epic A1, and the Thor A1. The following link has branches for all 3. http://www.pascaleggert.de/games.html
My personal favorite is the Thor.
WEBER
WEBER

Forum Posts : 94

Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Newest in weapon tech Empty Re: Newest in weapon tech

Post by H_Wimbleton Thu 22 Jul 2010 - 17:12

O_O Thor and Titan = DO WANT!!!!
H_Wimbleton
H_Wimbleton

Male

Forum Posts : 42

Fan of : Henrietta and Triela!

Comments : 1000 lives?!?!?! Is that even legal dood?!?!?!

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Thu 22 Jul 2010 - 22:25

Had a quick skim over (will take a more in-depth look later), pretty awesome and interesting from a design perspective as well.

I think out of the three the "Thor" is my favorite concept, if only because it utilises current technology (rounds) and would be the easiest to sell.... even if I do think that whoever did the air venting system spent too much time looking at the arse end of the Lambo Reventon.

The other two, cool but... I dunno, this really blue sky stuff always bugs me a bit. It's fun to play around with and we need concepts like that to push forward, but in terms of challenging design work I don't think its as in-depth as trying to make something feasible and saleable.

I'm dubious of the ergonomics of the "Epic" (I don't care what they say in the description, one thing you learn at design school: admit your faults in a presentation, but only if someone pulls you up on them. Otherwise file them away for later development and shove them in with 80pages of design justification document later). As for the Titan, it's a mid-ground. I'm not a fan of this "stacked electronic firing" (a-la Metal Storm) concept for infantry and man-portable weaponry, simply through the practicalities of carrying long, thin stacks of rounds. As a technology it's probably better suited to fixed emplacements: either filling a role similar to claymore mines or in an anti-missile, point-defence role complementing the standard radar guided gattling-gun job.

Either way, still cool stuff, and props to them for pushing the boundaries.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by funkmachine Fri 23 Jul 2010 - 10:49

the ring like mag of the THOR looks like a spring nightmere and i can see a lot of mags loaded the spring end.
the air pump looks a good way to get dust blown in to the mags and the user face.

1000RPM in 5.56x45 Nato is over kill.

the TITAN.
the ammo rods will need to be shorter for use of loading and moveing,maybe add some type of cover to keep the propellant clean(just a plasic tube like a drinks straw but it must not stop the gun from fireing if the ammo is load still coverd)

the EPIC is just two guns in one and just as big.
the dual mags make the gun near to foot in Width,the grenade launcher makes it 28.3 cm in Height it is a big gun.
the main down fall of the EPIC in the loaded Weight 12.52 kg three times a M16, even a M16 4.0 kg and a milkor MGL 5.3 kg are lighter.

an Engine need some way to power it, fuels take up Weight,solar need day light,how ever you get the power for the engine will have its flaws.

funkmachine

Male

Forum Posts : 95

Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Fri 23 Jul 2010 - 11:08

funkmachine wrote:the ring like mag of the THOR looks like a spring nightmere and i can see a lot of mags loaded the spring end.
the air pump looks a good way to get dust blown in to the mags and the user face.

1000RPM in 5.56x45 Nato is over kill.
The way the pump was vented did strike me as odd. I get the concept, but yeah... poor execution.

Magazine wise, I think it could be possible to make a magazine like that work but it'd need a drastic re-think on how magazines work... maybe some sort of pneumatic system so instead of pumping air into the user's face pump it into a chamber in the bottom of the mag to take the place of a spring Newest in weapon tech Icon_razz But that means more moving parts, which means more to go wrong.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Fri 23 Jul 2010 - 11:36

the bolt on the THOR could drive a cam to feed the ammo into the gun like a modified belt feed,if you had a chain looped around the inside of the mag it could drive the rounds up and around,the air pump thing is used by the SPECTRE-M4 used by Petra ,but in the M4's case the air is driven forward by the bolt along the barrel shroud
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by windfish55 Sat 24 Jul 2010 - 19:31

I like the THOR. It seems plausible. Probably expensive, and I'm not sure how reliable it would really be, but it looks cool. I also like the pink flower camo. Your favorite girl assassin is sure to love it, LOL.
windfish55
windfish55

Male

Forum Posts : 145

Fan of : Shonen Knife

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty-spring Sat 24 Jul 2010 - 19:36

Ah yes Pascal Eggert, he designs guns for the Crysis video games. I'm not surprised to see he's ventured out and made some personal weapon concepts on the side.

He describes the THOR as a sidearm, but I think that'd be one big ass sidearm to have holstered. More like a CQB primary to me, kinda like the role of a MP7 or MP5K. But he addressed that by also saying it was a PDW, which makes a lot more sense. Still love the design though. I wonder what the mag pouches for those semi-circle magazines would look like.

Newest in weapon tech 3429245485_6f1675a301

Newest in weapon tech Icon_razz
rusty-spring
rusty-spring
The AWESOME Baron

Male

Forum Posts : 1380

Fan of : being awesome

Original Characters : L is for Laine

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sat 24 Jul 2010 - 20:06

rusty-spring wrote: I wonder what the mag pouches for those semi-circle magazines would look like.

Newest in weapon tech 3429245485_6f1675a301
Well, that certainly fits in with the loli-cyborg-assassin concept, although I would imagine your Laine would demand a more fashionable print.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sat 24 Jul 2010 - 20:17

Kara: "If it's not leather and from Coach..." Holier-than-thou
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sat 24 Jul 2010 - 22:06

rusty-spring wrote: I wonder what the mag pouches for those semi-circle magazines would look like. Newest in weapon tech Icon_razz
Actually a good question... those things would be a bitch to store neatly. I'm thinking some sort of long, cylindrical job with the mags sitting one next to the other, possibly taking the place of a bumpack on the old H-harness webbing. Or for that matter in a neat over-shoulder job (for the retro-adventurer vibe):

Newest in weapon tech Leather_Cylinder_Bag

Or in Kara's case:

Newest in weapon tech Prada-perforated-leather-roll-bag
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sat 24 Jul 2010 - 22:55

Not every handler yields to his cyborg's expensive fashion whims, so some creativity is called for...
Newest in weapon tech Chanel10
...but on the bright side it can carry just about any size or shape of magazine.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 24 Jul 2010 - 23:26

When in doubt, take after the Stosstruppen. Most of them got rid of their magazine pouches, and just used their pockets or simple sling bags.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down