Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do Cyborgs Dream of ...

+8
Alfisti
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika
Schaschanist
topgearbrzgt86
sdp2501
ElfenMagix
MP5
taerKitty
12 posters

Go down

Do Cyborgs Dream of ... Empty Do Cyborgs Dream of ...

Post by taerKitty Tue 28 Feb 2012 - 20:43

So we all know that they wake up with tears in their eyes, or at least the canon ones do. And we've seen some of the dreams and hints of others, again from the canonical cyborgs.

How about yours? What do they dream about? Or, what do you think the canonical cyborgs dream about? (I can se a bunch of Petra posts already...)
taerKitty
taerKitty

Male

Forum Posts : 1211

Fan of : Claes

Original Characters : Dina & Paolo

Comments : The feelz... the feelz...

Registration date : 2012-01-22
Your character
OC genger: 40

Back to top Go down

Do Cyborgs Dream of ... Empty Re: Do Cyborgs Dream of ...

Post by MP5 Tue 28 Feb 2012 - 21:01

Allison's recurring dream has her racing against her pre-cyborg self (though she does not know who her adversary is) on a winding mountain road. The only real context clue as to whom she is racing against is the make, model, and colour of her opponent's vehicle, which is a green Caterham Roadsport SV. Even though Allison is racing against her pre-cyborg identity in her current vehicle, which is more powerful, her opponent keeps on winning.
MP5
MP5

Male

Forum Posts : 1767

Fan of : Sandro/Petra Fratello *dodges bullets*; Michael and Jamie Christiansen

Original Characters : Allison-Brian McDonnell Fratello

Comments : You gotta ask the cutie before you touch dat booty.

Registration date : 2010-02-01
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 28 Feb 2012 - 21:32

Dreaming is part of the lower, animal brain throwing back memories of the day and past events it can remember, triggering the cascade reaction we know as dreaming and all the ramifications thereof.

Both Rachel and Francesca dreams. Before breaking of there programming, they would only dream of their cyborg present time and a few fragments of the past, however tiny. This was moreso with Francesca, who's cyborg past included her first Handler, Felix, being murdered in front of her. She would often wake up screaming, needing Fernando to calm her down.

Since breaking their programming, they dream of their lives, past and present, along with wishes and desires. The nightmares Francesca used to have no longer bother her. She still has them rarely but now has an emotional control over them that she never had before.

In my universe, the cyborgs dreams within that limit stated above, but for Rachel and Francesca, they dream as you and I would.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by sdp2501 Sun 22 Apr 2012 - 17:40

Kiyra believes that it is her falt her an Ryu's mother died. She is forced to relive those horrific memories. That is if she can sleep at all.
sdp2501
sdp2501

Forum Posts : 132

Fan of : Rico, Gunslinger girl, Slpiknot, Asking Alexandria, Killswitch Engage, SUICIDE SILENCE, canibal corpse, buttered toffie popcorn XD, Xbox 360

Original Characters : Kiyra, Ryu

Comments : I will drag you. To oblivion, even if I must die.

Registration date : 2010-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by topgearbrzgt86 Mon 15 Apr 2013 - 13:19

Jim's occasional dream sees him racing a man in a black Nissan R32 Skyline GT-R down a mountain pass, in his own AE86 Trueno. When the two exit their cars, the man claims that he is also Jim, but he's the evil version of him - representing the anger, depression and evils that remains his soul - and that he only answers to the nickname "Shinigami", or "death god" in Japanese.

Sometimes the "good" Jim will win, as he speeds away down the mountain, while the "Shinigami" Jim slows to a halt. There are also times where Shinigami wins, and he crashes Jim off the mountain pass. Nevertheless, Jim never seems to really beat him, as his driving style is similar to his own; apart from trying to crash him off.

And in every other case, he just dreams about famous races.

Last edited by topgearbrzgt86 on Wed 17 Apr 2013 - 13:35; edited 1 time in total

topgearbrzgt86

Male

Forum Posts : 453

Fan of : Top Gear, Initial D, etc.

Original Characters : Jim, Jamiebel, Davina, Bernan, Frédéric. (More to come.)

Comments : You have to leave the space. All the time you have to leave the space!
-Fernando Alonso

Registration date : 2013-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Mon 15 Apr 2013 - 15:03

If nightmares count too....
Emilie had horrible nightmares as a result of a conditioning med overdose, nightmares where her fears manifested themselves.
In some she got dissected fully conscious, in some chopped and so on.

Meanwhile they solved it and she hadn't had any nightmares recently, just normal dreams.
Never thought about it but i could imagine she dreams of her former life time by time.
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 816

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurosaka "Ery" Erika Mon 15 Apr 2013 - 16:09

so many oc of mine to list... Yet all of them stressing one particular matters in their head while dreaming; do i live to see another day?
Kurosaka
Kurosaka "Ery" Erika

Male

Forum Posts : 1169

Fan of : no one

Original Characters : sooo many

Comments : "Should i shoot you, or stab you?"

Registration date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Tue 16 Apr 2013 - 4:47

Monty is usually too tired to do much more than pass out into a deep coma... and if she does dream, I'm sure she doesn't remember what it was about.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Tue 16 Apr 2013 - 10:06

When I wrote about dreams I made the images symbolic rather than a direct memory of Marisa's path. A cold, wet place represents her previous life...globes of light that appear warm but attack & hurt her are the adults who should have cared for her...a ring of fire is her "death" and a shadowy figure on the other side of the fire is her handler; she must pass through fiery death to reach him.
The ring is above her in the dream, indicating that the death of her previous life was an ascent to something better, rather than a decent into proverbial hell.

I used the device of the "dream trance" from Chapter 42 to explore all this.
Do Cyborgs Dream of ... Dream10
Marisa does not remember the dream...however she was not pleased that she was required to do the interview in her underwear.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon Tue 16 Apr 2013 - 10:57

Triela's dreams are here.

Odon

Male

Forum Posts : 482

Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Tue 16 Apr 2013 - 22:03

That's some sweet free verse, Odon. I'm glad you provided a link.

Hmp. I've got a fic started, an anthology of dreams by the canon cyborgs and handlers. So far I've got one for Jean (Rico turns sassy and independent and starts telling him off), Claes (surreal memories of Raballo and her real father mixed together), Marco (the Land of Pasta is real, and everyone he knows is in it), and Ferro (Jean is in it - I'll say no more). In addition, in 'Last Days of Lauro de Sica', Lauro dreams of Elsa as a frighteningly unrealistic robot that still insists it's a real girl.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Tue 16 Apr 2013 - 23:21

My cyborg Helen dreams of her abusive handler Salvatore and..... it's never good. Sad
My cydroid, Ayden dreams of well, --cheese.
Mozzarella to be precise. sweat
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 17 Apr 2013 - 14:33

sdp2501 wrote:Kiyra believes that it is her falt her an Ryu's mother died. She is forced to relive those horrific memories. That is if she can sleep at all.
the human brain, no matter how much drugs you pump into it, will shut itself down if it does not get any REM (dreaming) sleep within 96 hours. Shut down as in you die shut down! Dont believe me? Ask those stupid marathon gamers who end up dying because they try to go all out for one 120 hours mad dash to win it all and end up crashing against that 96 hour wall! And there is no CPR for the Brain...

Some people can go past 100 hours, but only because they gor into a micro sleep mode for a few seconds, and when they push themselves too hard, the brain will force them to sleep in a passing out move in order to save it self before it does shut itself down and dies from it. They will wake up in a couple of hours like nothing happened. The point is - only a couple of hours of sleep is needed a day and not staying awake all the time.

Now, 99% of all people do not remember or realize their dreams except for the last few moments of the last one they had before they woke up. The trick here is for Kiyra to take light naps and wake up in the middle of the second or third REM Sleep cycle. Since she has at least one, she will be fine.

There are cases where people broke that 96 hour wall but that is because of drugs, brain injury or mental illness which can alter a sleep cycle and force somebody to wake up. But the docs know that a cyborg must have their rest or they will start being fuck ups in the field. Remember when Henrietta soccer kicked the boucing betty out the room to save Jose? A Sleep Deprived Henrietta would have missed that one shot and Jose would have been killed. Nice way to go... BOOM!!!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Thescarredman Wed 17 Apr 2013 - 18:15

Elfen, i love it when you get like this. You'd make a great high school teacher.
Thescarredman
Thescarredman

Male

Forum Posts : 2226

Fan of : Rico, Bice

Original Characters : Kristal & Verotrois / Doc; Angel / Jack Keaton; Tiffany/Stefan

Comments : .
Mario Bossi would make a better handler than Marco Toni. Come to think of it, so would Christiano.
Elizaveta didn't jump - she was pushed.
Sofia was pregnant. It would have been a boy.
John Doe faked his own death - twice.
Enrica taught Jose everything he knows about the night sky.

Registration date : 2012-02-04
Your character

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon Wed 17 Apr 2013 - 21:10

So what kind of drugs should a cyborg take so they can dream of electric sheep?

Odon

Male

Forum Posts : 482

Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by tremec6speed Thu 18 Apr 2013 - 0:14

Odon wrote:So what kind of drugs should a cyborg take so they can dream of electric sheep?
Do Cyborgs Dream of ... Wallpaper_3_800x600
Do Cyborgs Dream of ... Wallpaper_2_800x600
Razz
tremec6speed
tremec6speed

Male

Forum Posts : 2037

Fan of : Lauro and Olga!

Original Characters : Vinson/Helen/Salvatore + Gunther/Ayden. Baddies are a small group of 'techno-anarchists'

Comments : I hope to include a short illustrated fanfic story of both Mr. Yutaka Aida's characters as well as some I've come up with.

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down