Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could Elsa and Lauro have been redeemed?

5 posters

Go down

Could Elsa and Lauro have been redeemed? Empty Could Elsa and Lauro have been redeemed?

Post by Angiegarde Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 21:02

We're all are of what Elsa and Lauro were like and how they died because of it.

My question is, could they have been redeemed somehow?

This is something that I've pondered ever since I've read Nachtsider's fanfic "Iceberg". In it, Triela manages to get Elsa to warm up before she and Lauro die.

Anyways, if you think about it carefully, it is possible. After all, Elsa doesn't seem to be any colder then certain frosty characters that I've seen in other tv shows such as Li Shoran from Cardcaptor Sakura who was very much cold and hostile towards everyone else at first but warmed up over time.

As for Lauro, his conversation with Jose at the bar the night before the mission in Tuscany has him come across as an okay guy who simply needs to realize that Elsa's a human being as well with feelings and emotions.

What do you guys think? Think I'm crazy? Think I'm right? Please, share me your thoughts.
Angiegarde
Angiegarde

Male

Forum Posts : 133

Fan of : anime

Original Characters : Clarissa

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Could Elsa and Lauro have been redeemed? Empty Re: Could Elsa and Lauro have been redeemed?

Post by Nachtsider Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 21:09

You're not crazy, Ryan. Deep under that hard, icy exterior of Elsa's was a sensitive, loving child, waiting to be released - I'm sure that given a break from Lauro's negative influence and lots of affection and understanding from the other kids (like Triela), Elsa would have found redemption.

Lauro, on the other hand, might have taken quite some work. His refusal to regard the cyborgs as human beings, plus his greed and ruthlessness, would have presented formidable obstacles to rehabilitation. It would probably have taken some momentous event to change his mind - perhaps an incident in which Elsa saved his life.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Could Elsa and Lauro have been redeemed? Empty Re: Could Elsa and Lauro have been redeemed?

Post by Wileama Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 22:19

There's nothing saying that Elsa couldn't have learned to open up more, and become a little more out going like her counter parts. Triela made the comment that Henrietta was once like Elsa. It's just that through a combination of who Henrietta was, Jose, and the other girls she opened up. So it would have taken a little bit of effort from everyone around her, but it could have been done.

Lauro's treatment of Elsa seemed to me as much a coping mechanism for what he had done as anything else. That said I don't know that having Elsa save Lauro's life would do it. He might feel indebted, but what you really want to do is Humanize Elsa. Make her emotions real to Lauro. Maybe if she showed a little more of them it would help. It's easy to look at Elsa as a robot when she acts like one.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 23:01

On the contrary, Elsa never behaved like a robot in front of Lauro.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 23:29

Elsa acted like a little girl who was deeply in love with him, wanting and waiting for him to make the first move to show that he loves her too, only to realize that he has no interest in her at all other then some tool that he throws around as needed.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 23:43

Exactly.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Could Elsa and Lauro have been redeemed? Empty agreed

Post by Angiegarde Sat 26 Jan 2008 - 2:35

I agree with the analysis of how Lauro and Elsa regarded each other.

It makes me feel bad for Elsa. I especially felt bad for her at the end of episode 9. The upset look on her face after the Tuscany mission was over made me want to comfort her.

Even Henrietta and Jose felt bad for Elsa. That scene drives home my point that though Henrietta, Elsa and the other girls are cyborg assasins, they still have feelings and emotions too as was also shown by Henrietta would had a sad look on her face when she looked at Elsa at the end of episode 9. How can anyone think otherwise?
Angiegarde
Angiegarde

Male

Forum Posts : 133

Fan of : anime

Original Characters : Clarissa

Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Sat 26 Jan 2008 - 2:43

sad? I can't really say she looked sad. More along the lines of completely crushed, emotionally destroyed, burned to an empty husk as everything she believed in was proven a lie in a single moment.
Poor girl never had a chance, but that was definitely her moment of revelation.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 26 Jan 2008 - 4:12

Ryan was referring to Henrietta regarding the crushed Elsa with a look of sadness, LoC.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Sat 26 Jan 2008 - 11:18

My bad. Reading again with fresh eyes, I see you're correct. I should avoid posting when I'm that tired... though I stand by my statement. just replace 'sad' with 'upset'.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down