Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What I Learned From Gunslinger Girl

+12
sasahara17
Utsurokuri
West Nile
emperor
Angiegarde
Tommygunner70
ElfenMagix
LoC978
rusty-spring
Wileama
Danjo3
Nachtsider
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What I Learned From Gunslinger Girl - Page 2 Empty Re: What I Learned From Gunslinger Girl

Post by West Nile Wed 5 Mar 2008 - 5:51

neh? what follow-up?

West Nile
WestNilepedia

Forum Posts : 1747

Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

What I Learned From Gunslinger Girl - Page 2 Empty Re: What I Learned From Gunslinger Girl

Post by Nachtsider Wed 5 Mar 2008 - 5:54

Asking your Italian buddy.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5722

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Wed 5 Mar 2008 - 5:55

O, i thought you were still having trouble finding the WestNilepedia. yeah il probably come up with a follow up when the hawk has spanned over the northern twilight... on saturday

West Nile
WestNilepedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 5 Mar 2008 - 7:11

Nachtsider wrote:Some sources say Padania are a wholly fictional terrorist organization, modelled by Yu Aida after the Irish Republican Army. Others swear blind that Padania are real. Which is true?

Well...there is a healthy Padanian independence movement, according to the interwebs, and the Lega Nord political party, who advocate separation, are quite real and are indeed rather...far-right. However, the PRF itself...seems to come up only in relation to GSG.

I'd wager it's fictional, but...it could happen. ...Ironically, however, the IRA was Marxist-Leninist, so they were far-left. They do use a lot of the same tactics though--a lot of AKs, cell structures, kidnappings, bait-and-switch bombing plots, etc. The IRA were...more sympathetic, though, I'd say, than the PRF-- given the comparative states of Northern Ireland circa the Troubles and Italy circa the future.

...In another touch of supreme irony, the idea I've been playing with for an OC handler is an ex-IRA captain. Wouldn't that be fun for Giuseppe to deal with. XD;

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Wed 5 Mar 2008 - 7:39

One of my handlers was a former Padania sniper. Not only Joze... but Jean hates him.

West Nile
WestNilepedia

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Fri 7 Mar 2008 - 23:55

Xenomorph Alpha wrote:...Well that's possible...but she'd be subtle about it. XD

Henrietta, on the other hand?

Blind Date: Well, let's see...I first came to Rome for art school, and then...

*A loud crash echoes, a flashbang goes off (Giuseppe covering his eyes) and poor Ms. Blind Date dies in a horrible hail of P90 fire. Then Henrietta hops through the broken window and fires her SiG into the corpse. Screaming, calls for the police, horrified onlookers, etc.*

Giuseppe: ...Henrietta. Why...?

Henrietta: ...She was a Padania terrorist! Honest! She was going to torture you, Giuse-san! You're lucky I got here when I did. ;.; *pouts adorably*

Giuseppe: ...*sigh* ...I just bet. x_x; *calls HQ* Ferro? Yeah, we need another cleanup crew. ...how do you THINK my date went.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz :face:

emperor

Forum Posts : 1638

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Sat 8 Mar 2008 - 22:31

West Nile wrote:O, i thought you were still having trouble finding the WestNilepedia. yeah il probably come up with a follow up when the hawk has spanned over the northern twilight... on saturday

*Runs from a hail of bullets clutching a folder*
I got it! i got the info!
*opens the folder and finds it empty*
Nooooooo!
*dies*

anyway according to my Italian friend, if you say Padania in Italy it will automatically be considered the northern part of Italy. those guys there show desire to be autonomous from south Italy but it's just a desire. they're not really blowing bridges and killing people. they just want to, they're not doing anything about it aside from that. so there is a Padania but no PRF

West Nile
WestNilepedia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sat 8 Mar 2008 - 22:36

Ah... I see now. Thanks, Nile - and do thank your friend for me while you're at it!

Nachtsider

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Mon 10 Mar 2008 - 9:11

West Nile wrote:
West Nile wrote:O, i thought you were still having trouble finding the WestNilepedia. yeah il probably come up with a follow up when the hawk has spanned over the northern twilight... on saturday

*Runs from a hail of bullets clutching a folder*
I got it! i got the info!
*opens the folder and finds it empty*
Nooooooo!
*dies*

anyway according to my Italian friend, if you say Padania in Italy it will automatically be considered the northern part of Italy. those guys there show desire to be autonomous from south Italy but it's just a desire. they're not really blowing bridges and killing people. they just want to, they're not doing anything about it aside from that. so there is a Padania but no PRF

You will got some gift from me,West Nile.

Awesome!

emperor

Forum Posts : 1638

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Wed 12 Mar 2008 - 5:22

It's seriously no big deal. the whole procedure just consisted of me waiting for an Italian priest to finish his mass in our church. me approaching him then me asking him "Fr. Paolo, i have this school paper right now... what does Padania mean?"
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Fan of : Triela, Elsa, Enrica & Henrietta

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Back to top Go down

Post by Utsurokuri Wed 12 Mar 2008 - 21:01

All like an innocent school boy right? Wink

You have learned well from GSG.

XDD
Utsurokuri
Utsurokuri

Female

Forum Posts : 101

Fan of : -points to avatar-

Original Characters : TBA

Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Fri 14 Mar 2008 - 3:13

i may be 17 but i have the looks of a 13 year old. im still being barred out on certain cinemas Laughing
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Original Characters : Lance Kane/Raphael, Ella, Mina & Brandon, Sophia & Wesley, Anica & Andrew, Rio de Sica, Marionette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jun 2008 - 19:21

-Ten-year olds can pass for maids.

-There's nothing wrong with having your bodyguards a couple floors down from where you are staying. It's not like they might be able to save your life from an unexpected assassination attempt.

-When you're apologizing to someone you like for killing them, make sure that they can see your sunny, beaming smile while you do it.

-If the show is about your enemies, no amount of fleshing out, characterization, complexity, Pet the Dog moments, or just acting like a decent human being will keep you safe from being completely killed off at the tragic climax.

-Don't get more attached to the villains than the heroes. Trust me, it hurts.

-That said, if Angelica came back from the dead, Pinocchio, Franco, Franca and Christiano are shoe-ins for ressurection.

-Of course, Angelica was needed because season two was following a story arc that had her in it. Season three will need to diverge significantly from its source material to have Pinocchio, Franca, Franco, and Christiano in it. Which means that it had better have some damn good writing behind it.

-If you get into grabbing range of, say, a butler and you have a choice between killing him and knocking him unconscious, by all means smash his head through a car window. It's not as if sentient life has any intrinsic value which should be respected if safely possible or anything.

-People will fight and die over the stupidest things (like a bridge).

-It's actually possible to have a situation where neither side is completely in the right or completely in the wrong. You don't have to do what Marvel Comics did with their Civil War event, where the pro-registration side is clearly evil, despite the fact that what they believe has merit.

-If you're facing off again against the knife-wielding person who beat you last time in hand-to-hand combat, you might as well leave your guns at home. It's not as though you'll ever be able to bring yourself to shoot him down from twenty feet away and leave the question of whether you could have taken him in a knife duel unanswered.

-The last thing you want to be in this show is nameless, ugly, male and armed. If you meet those four criteria, you can bet your bottom dollar that a named, not-ugly character of either gender will kill you, probably with a weapon. They will kill you, and no one will care. (Thinking of the poor guy Triela strangled, here.)

-If you're with the Padanian faction, keep a camera near by. That way, if you're attacked by Section Two cyborgs and you're not ugly, and you have a name and backstory, you can take photos of the cyborgs and give them to all the local newspapers you can get to. The prime minister doesn't have his hands on all of the media in Italy. (Or you could make YouTube videos of the girls in action.)

-Nothing instills more confidence in the government in this humble citizen of the world than the knowledge that tax money is being used to help the army kill anyone who tries to destroy a bunch of controversial statuary.

-Considering the mortality rates in Italy's work force, wielding political or military power there is more trouble than it's worth.

-When people are killed, it's important to photograph the scene, even if you already know who did it.

-Bizzarely enough, people who coldly announce that they are going to kill little girls, let alone little girls who liked them, can turn out to be genuinely sympathetic characters.

-Defeating the person who defeated you earlier, and taking your place once again as top badass, has a lot more of a celebratory victory vibe when your battles aren't for keeps.

-Heaven forbid that anybody on either side of the conflict try talking things over with eachother.

-In addition to being susceptible to being killed, being a redshirt means that if Pinocchio announces that he'll hold of the attackers at Christiano's mansion so Christiano can escape, don't bother asking if you can hitch a ride. YOU'RE OUTTA LUCK, PAL!

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Sun 15 Jun 2008 - 21:55

I admit it. I laughed alot.

Well just about everything has been covered here... but I can't help but notice that ther's somethings that are missing.

Oh Yes.

(1) It is impossible for a regular human being to breathe out of a hold in their throat. Therefore, invest in full plate armor before attempting CQC against a girl who can punch through your fleshy human skin.

(2) Never turn your back on the emo little sister that you've mistreated for the entire time you've known her, especially when she's taken you to some remote location where nobody can come to your rescue when she decides to try murder-suicide.

(3) Stick to your guns. If you want to surrender, then make sure you raise that white flag and don't resist. If you want to fight, pull out all the stops and don't look back. Changing 'tatics' at the last possible moment is a surefire way to get someone on your side killed.

And how come the butler died? I thought Butlers to ritch underground families were always unstoppable badasses.

(4) When you have powerful enemies in the government or underworld, invest in a professional Combat Butler/Maid, not some poor sap who will get his/her smashed into the window of your very expensive car. It's not good for you or the butler, so go get your money's worth.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Forum Posts : 1001

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Mon 16 Jun 2008 - 5:33

Well if it comes to lessons taught by Gunslinger Girl, i learned this:

No amount of sad background story, unfairly received unjury or good nature will save you from getting killed.

ex. Emilio, the people that caught Franca, the poor butler Laughing
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Mon 16 Jun 2008 - 21:10

West Nile wrote:No amount of sad background story, unfairly received unjury or good nature will save you from getting killed.
True, but I think you missed a spot.

If you have backstory, at least you know your death will be far more dignified than a faceless "stormtrooper" character who happened to meet a main character (with plot armor) on a regular evening stroll. I mean, how'd you want to go out? A casualty of an EPIC (in capital letters) one on one battle with Triela where she only beat you by her last ditch move, or one of the moving targets Henrietta blew away in episode 1?

I swear, one of these day's I'll come across a show where a main character sneezing will cause the enemy mooks to kneel over dead.

The Golden Rule - Adult Claes is hot.

Last edited by sasahara17 on Mon 16 Jun 2008 - 22:59; edited 2 times in total
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jun 2008 - 22:51

-When entering a friend's house and finding a military assault rifle, promptly leave. DON'T pick it up and start waving it around.

-Keep your jewlery tucked inside your shirt when you fight.

-If you are a handler, and you know that your cyborg will do whatever you tell her to, excercise some thought when you give her orders. No one wants their cyborg to stay in the rain all night.

-If you are under attack by a cyborg girl, and you know that there are bunch of loyal guards nearby, reconassaince with them. A little help can go a long way.

-It might sound kooky, but if your enemy is using children as assassins, and Pinocchio has proved that training operatives while they're kids makes very lethal agents, then meet the Agency cyborgs with beings capable of fighting them on even terms; train innocent little children so that they'll be deadly teenagers. Best of all, Pino can't complain about them being a bunch of ripoffs, because he's busy partying it up in Valhalla.

-If you are mooks, use the buddy system. That way you can't be ambushed while isolated. Instead you'll both be shot up together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Tue 17 Jun 2008 - 7:08

never wear a red shirt if you are a mook,red = dead
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Forum Posts : 2131

Fan of : Triela,asuka

Original Characters : not yet

Comments : Loves to quote Wikipedia. Loves to use exclamation marks even more.

wish i knew who put that in there, it wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!!

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jun 2008 - 14:13

Actually those guys seemed to all be wearing blue.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Tue 17 Jun 2008 - 14:36

yeah, if they'd been wearing red they would've been eaten by horrible space monsters or something.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Forum Posts : 2628

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Tue 17 Jun 2008 - 23:05

sasahara17 wrote:The Golden Rule - Adult Claes is hot.

[mention]West Nile Re: for some reason Henriettas becoming a popular graffiti subject in the uk
[/mention] wrote:
It also can't be since this is the real, possible adult Claes
http://www.onemanga.com/Kodomo_no_Jikan/25/21/
PS im refering to the one wearing glasses

Ultimate Il Teatrino lesson: IF at first you don't suceed, stab him in the throat!
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Wed 18 Jun 2008 - 0:43

[mention]West Nile Re: for some reason Henriettas becoming a popular graffiti subject in the uk
[/mention] wrote:
It also can't be since this is the real, possible adult Claes
http://www.onemanga.com/Kodomo_no_Jikan/25/21/
PS im refering to the one wearing glasses
*squeal of joy*

ADULT CLAES IS HOT!

:rawk:
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Wed 18 Jun 2008 - 4:11

LoC978 wrote:yeah, if they'd been wearing red they would've been eaten by horrible space monsters or something.
:lol!:
-Never go on a mission without your little sister, then come back wounded and bloody and think she’s not going to notice.

Run Triela! Run!
-When she runs away, always check with Mario first.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Six Wed 18 Jun 2008 - 12:42

This thread is full of win!

My lowly contribution: Simply holding hands with the right person can make you happier than any number of spoonfuls of sugar in your tea.
Six
Six

Female

Forum Posts : 46

Fan of : GG

Original Characters : Unnamed

Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Wed 18 Jun 2008 - 15:25

Six wrote:Simply holding hands with the right person can make you happier than any number of spoonfuls of sugar in your tea.
That's a very lovely thought.

What I Learned From Gunslinger Girl - Page 2 M6944
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Wed 18 Jun 2008 - 17:21

Six wrote:My lowly contribution: Simply holding hands with the right person can make you happier than any number of spoonfuls of sugar in your tea.
This is so... sweet. Warms my heart really.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Wed 18 Jun 2008 - 22:23

Six wrote:Simply holding hands with the right person can make you happier than any number of spoonfuls of sugar in your tea.

Henreitta: *sniff* *sniff*
Triela: what's wrong
Henreitta: Joze *sniff* forgot *sniff* our date today...
Triela: Don't worry so much about it he's probably just... Etta isn't that too much sugar?

(later that day)
Henretta: I don't get it! why can't I shoot him Joze!!
Joze: It would be easier if your hand stops shaking.

(even later that day)
Bianchi: Have you been spending time with Henrietta lately?
Joze: of course i have, she's like a sister to me.
Bianchi: when u say, like sister ur suppose to know what up about her right?
Joze: ya, and i do know everything about her.
Bianchi: you know that she has stage 2 diabetes?
Joze: ?!?!?! o_0
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Thu 19 Jun 2008 - 1:53

West Nile wrote:Bianchi: you know that she has stage 2 diabetes?
Joze: ?!?!?! o_0
WIN.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Thu 19 Jun 2008 - 8:27

actually if she had diabetes and had that much sugar she would spend all her time dying for a pee !
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Thu 19 Jun 2008 - 10:33

Awinnell wrote:actually if she had diabetes and had that much sugar she would spend all her time dying for a pee !
What I Learned From Gunslinger Girl - Page 2 Lol-036
Henrietta: “Joseeeeeeeeee pleeeeeeeeeease, I gotta goooooooooo!!!”

Jose: “Again? That tea just goes right thru you, doesn’t it?”

Henrietta: “It’s going to right on to your leather upholstery if you don’t get me to a bathroom!”
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Six Thu 19 Jun 2008 - 11:39

*cracks up* Poor Etta....diabetic with little bladder control!! Reminds me of my dog, minus the diabetes. The adorableness wins every time.
Six
Six

Female

Forum Posts : 46

Fan of : GG

Original Characters : Unnamed

Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Awinnell Thu 19 Jun 2008 - 14:15

Diabetes mellitus=pissing honey
Awinnell
Awinnell
Stiff Upper Lip

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Thu 19 Jun 2008 - 21:16

Joze: alright Etta, spot check. P-90?

Etta: check

Joze: Sig?

Joze: flash grenade?

Joze: have you gone to the bathroom yet?

Etta: What?

Joze: seeing how your tiny little bladder can't hold all that piss, i think it woulb be best that you go use the bathroom now...

Etta: got toilet paper?
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jun 2008 - 10:56

If you have issues with guns and little girls, then don't pick a gun off the ground to finish off your unconcious little girl opponent. Use one of the multitude of knives that you carry instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygunner70 Sun 22 Jun 2008 - 17:30

J the Drafter wrote:If you have issues with guns and little girls, then don't pick a gun off the ground to finish off your unconcious little girl opponent. Use one of the multitude of knives that you carry instead.

I sense a referance to the first battle between Pino and Triela :face:
Tommygunner70
Tommygunner70
The Legend
The Legend

Male

Forum Posts : 1956

Fan of : All the SWA girls, Even the adult ones ^_^

Original Characters : Thomas & Sora Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Mon 23 Jun 2008 - 0:09

Nothing pisses off a girl more then taking the gun her handler gave her. It’s like ripping off a woman’s wedding ring.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Tue 24 Jun 2008 - 2:39

Never bring a knife into a gun fight, unless of course you completely suck with a gun, in that case use the knife.
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jun 2008 - 0:25

If Henrietta says "I'd kill for an ice cream right now."
It would be in your best interest to assume that she literally means it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jun 2008 - 10:47

Here's another:

Never pick-up two teenage girls who said they're hitching for a ride to get away from school--especially in a boat ride. If so, expect your boat switch hands from yours sooner than expected.

and...

Watch out for perverts! Especially those with a weird haircut accompanied by a red-headed Russian. If the girl approaches you, run. If its the perv, run further--his hands won't be far.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Nile Mon 30 Jun 2008 - 7:03

Sn1p3r W01f wrote:If Henrietta says "I'd kill for an ice cream right now."
It would be in your best interest to assume that she literally means it.

Amen to that

Panzer IV wrote:Here's another:

Never pick-up two teenage
girls who said they're hitching for a ride to get away from
school--especially in a boat ride. If so, expect your boat switch hands
from yours sooner than expected.

Hey i got an idea, someone get a pic of the girls one that boat and post a caption "nice boat" :lollol:
West Nile
West Nile
WestNilepedia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jun 2008 - 7:22

Hey i got an idea, someone get a pic of the girls one that boat and post a caption "nice boat"

:lol!:

If so, add in the line of the strip some text from Warcraft:

MMMMMMMONSTER KILL!!!

OWNING!

GODLIKE!

BEYOND GODLIKE!

OH SHIT!

DOUBLE KILL!

TRIPLE KILL!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 30 Jun 2008 - 7:26

I think I could give the 'Nice Boat' deal a go, West. But I forget which volume the image came from - if someone could kindly put me in the right direction, or, better still, give me the image in question...
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura Mon 30 Jun 2008 - 23:10

I'm not sure which image you'd want to use since there are a few boat pics, but they're in Volume 7, Chapter 34.
Sakura
Sakura
Dr. Turtle Punter

Female

Forum Posts : 472

Fan of : Penguins, Pancake Bunny

Comments : Likes penguins, flop-eared bunnies, punting turtles, and kicking pigeons

Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 2:01

Lessons I've Learned from Gunslinger Girl:

-If you see any girl who looks emotionless and has an Amati guitar case while with an older man, shoot first or run like hell.

-Never enlist a sex crazed man as a cyborg handler. If in the worst case scenario he's hired, request castration before enlisting him a cyborg.

-Don't cross Triela if she suffers from menstrual cramps while on the job.

-While in a building and near a window, if you see your buddy get shot in the head, don't look out the window. Otherwise, the same thing will happen to you.

-Don't go to the press if you hate your employer's methods. You never know when a hit-and-run could occur.
Ggultra2764
Ggultra2764

Male

Forum Posts : 590

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 14:01

you got the first one wrong. Run, then shoot. She might not be after you, and I certainly wouldn't want to make her angery
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 17:20

Wileama wrote:you got the first one wrong. Run, then shoot. She might not be after you, and I certainly wouldn't want to make her angery
Very true. And if she does want you dead, your going to be dead. Either way, running is pretty pointless.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 17:32

Danjo3 wrote:
Wileama wrote:you got the first one wrong. Run, then shoot. She might not be after you, and I certainly wouldn't want to make her angery
Very true. And if she does want you dead, your going to be dead. Either way, running is pretty pointless.

When in doubt, go for the head. Headshots are a guaranteed one-hit kill. snipe
Ggultra2764
Ggultra2764

Male

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 20:00

I hope you were being facetious:
What I Learned From Gunslinger Girl - Page 2 Rico-S1e07sm
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 20:02

Excellent response, LoC.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 20:05

I try.

...and here's a mere human who lives through a headshot (though not for long):
What I Learned From Gunslinger Girl - Page 2 RicoKill-s1e3sm

-these sorts of things really do happen.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 20:32

Indeed, they do.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 23:22

When in doubt, rig a grenade or bomb on them. You might die, but one less cyborg to deal with. It did a number on Angelica.
Ggultra2764
Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 1:05

Ggultra2764 wrote:When in doubt, rig a grenade or bomb on them.
You maybe able to throw one at them, but good luck getting close enough to rig one on them.
:Henrietta:
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 1:11

[quote="Danjo3"]
Ggultra2764 wrote:When in doubt, rig a grenade or bomb on them.
You maybe able to throw one at them, but good luck getting close enough to rig one on them.
:Henrietta:[/quote

What about rocket launchers then? They're messy and make a scene, but can get the job done. snipe
Ggultra2764
Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 1:19

A 40mm from an M203 should be enough, I reckon.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 1:21

just don't go blowing up every little girl with an instrument case that you see... good way to wind up in jail for murdering children. Also, they don't always carry instrument cases, and they aren't usually cold-eyed (if ya see the chill in her eyes, it's most likely too late to pull a weapon).
Therein lies the problem for their enemies. To put it all dramatic-like: "They're everywhere and nowhere... everyone and noone... to suspect everyone they could be is to embrace insanity."

...and considering what Angelica lived through (if only barely)... a standard HE 40mm would only knock one of 'em out (and fill her full of shrapnel). she'd be repairable still (trust me, I occasionally fire the things for a living... and they do fuck-all to anything bulletproof, if ya don't count blast concussion).
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 1:28

That's why, when in doubt use the tazer and shock them. Call in a partner to help handle the handler.

THEN do whatever you wish to the tazered operative--I don't know, wrung um on a flag pole, drown them, burn them, or use them as experiment or something or brainwash them again.

Just don't even think of finding yourself alive when they open their eyes :p

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 1:29

LoC978 wrote:"They're everywhere and nowhere... everyone and noone... to suspect everyone they could be is to embrace insanity."
That would make an awesome tagline for, Gunslinger Girl: The Movie.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 1:39

I hereby declare LoC's line the official tagline for the fandom's fantasy GSG film.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next