Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What I Learned From Gunslinger Girl

+12
sasahara17
Utsurokuri
West Nile
emperor
Angiegarde
Tommygunner70
ElfenMagix
LoC978
rusty-spring
Wileama
Danjo3
Nachtsider
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What I Learned From Gunslinger Girl - Page 3 Empty Re: What I Learned From Gunslinger Girl

Post by Nachtsider Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 20:32

Indeed, they do.

Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Forum Posts : 5722

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

What I Learned From Gunslinger Girl - Page 3 Empty Re: What I Learned From Gunslinger Girl

Post by Ggultra2764 Wed 27 Aug 2008 - 23:22

When in doubt, rig a grenade or bomb on them. You might die, but one less cyborg to deal with. It did a number on Angelica.

Ggultra2764

Forum Posts : 590

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 1:05

Ggultra2764 wrote:When in doubt, rig a grenade or bomb on them.
You maybe able to throw one at them, but good luck getting close enough to rig one on them.
:Henrietta:

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Forum Posts : 2609

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 1:11

[quote="Danjo3"]
Ggultra2764 wrote:When in doubt, rig a grenade or bomb on them.
You maybe able to throw one at them, but good luck getting close enough to rig one on them.
:Henrietta:[/quote

What about rocket launchers then? They're messy and make a scene, but can get the job done. snipe

Ggultra2764

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 1:19

A 40mm from an M203 should be enough, I reckon.

Nachtsider

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 1:21

just don't go blowing up every little girl with an instrument case that you see... good way to wind up in jail for murdering children. Also, they don't always carry instrument cases, and they aren't usually cold-eyed (if ya see the chill in her eyes, it's most likely too late to pull a weapon).
Therein lies the problem for their enemies. To put it all dramatic-like: "They're everywhere and nowhere... everyone and noone... to suspect everyone they could be is to embrace insanity."

...and considering what Angelica lived through (if only barely)... a standard HE 40mm would only knock one of 'em out (and fill her full of shrapnel). she'd be repairable still (trust me, I occasionally fire the things for a living... and they do fuck-all to anything bulletproof, if ya don't count blast concussion).

LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Forum Posts : 2628

Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 1:28

That's why, when in doubt use the tazer and shock them. Call in a partner to help handle the handler.

THEN do whatever you wish to the tazered operative--I don't know, wrung um on a flag pole, drown them, burn them, or use them as experiment or something or brainwash them again.

Just don't even think of finding yourself alive when they open their eyes :p

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 1:29

LoC978 wrote:"They're everywhere and nowhere... everyone and noone... to suspect everyone they could be is to embrace insanity."
That would make an awesome tagline for, Gunslinger Girl: The Movie.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 1:39

I hereby declare LoC's line the official tagline for the fandom's fantasy GSG film.

Nachtsider

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 1:43

I think I stole it from somewhere, actually. Can't for the life of me remember where, though Puzzled
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Fan of : At home- Claes. Abroad- Rico.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 2:04

Nachtsider wrote:A 40mm from an M203 should be enough, I reckon.

My familiarity with firearms ain't too good. Are you talking armor-piercing rounds?
Ggultra2764
Ggultra2764

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 2:05

Naw, I'm talking a grenade launcher - you know, those things you can attach under the barrel of your rifle. But AP rounds would mess a cyborg up pretty good, I reckon.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 12:04

Don't go to the press if you hate your employer's methods. You never know when a hit-and-run could occur.

head bang
emperor
emperor

Male

Forum Posts : 1638

Fan of : Henrietta,Black Lagoon,Jormungund

Original Characters : Rosetta,Devil baby

Comments : Be creative,baby!!

Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 12:36

LoC978 wrote:A standard HE 40mm would only knock one of 'em out (and fill her full of shrapnel). she'd be repairable still
Are we talking about one exploding on the ground, maybe an arms length away from her, or one detonating directly on the chest. Cause I don't see the latter one being survivable, I don't care if I've never fired one.

Also, yes that is an awesome line. Ten minutes of searching online doesn't produce any obvious quotations, but it does seem vaguely familiar. Perhaps your just twisting two different lines into one? \\shrug Still awesome.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 20:05

Wileama wrote:
LoC978 wrote:A standard HE 40mm would only knock one of 'em out (and fill her full of shrapnel). she'd be repairable still
Are we talking about one exploding on the ground, maybe an arms length away from her, or one detonating directly on the chest. Cause I don't see the latter one being survivable, I don't care if I've never fired one.
she may die of sheer brain concussion from a direct hit... but there wouldn't be any dismemberment and there would only be a fair amount of cosmetic damage. Not near as much as Angie took from the garbage truck bomb. Take this from a guy who has fired a lot of 'em, both from M203s and Mk19s.
Don't get me wrong, they're an awesome weapon against soft targets or vehicles with regular glass windows... but a destoyer of buildings and armored vehicles they're most certainly not.
Wileama wrote:Perhaps your just twisting two different lines into one? \\shrug Still awesome.
*shrug* maybe. I guess if it doesn't show up on a google search it's okay to use, though.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 20:35

Nachtsider wrote:Naw, I'm talking a grenade launcher - you know, those things you can attach under the barrel of your rifle. But AP rounds would mess a cyborg up pretty good, I reckon.

Would AP rounds be powerful enough to pierce through limbs in case said cyborg tries blocking a bullet with their arms?
Ggultra2764
Ggultra2764

Male

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 20:43

Most likely, yes. anything that can go through a few feet of concrete ought to be able to penetrate a cyborg arm; which, at it's absolute best, might be a quarter inch of titanium alloy (it's probably not nearly as tough as that, though).
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 20:50

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a DU (Depleted Uranium) Round would be better. Once the Uranium makes contact with the item at high velocity, it liquifies at high temperature and melts its way through anything and keeps on going and reacting...
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoC978 Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 20:55

DU rounds in small arms are all but unheard of.
but yeah, a DU sabot would be ideal.
LoC978
LoC978
Beach Bum Revolutionary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 21:10

LoC978 wrote:Most likely, yes. anything that can go through a few feet of concrete ought to be able to penetrate a cyborg arm; which, at it's absolute best, might be a quarter inch of titanium alloy (it's probably not nearly as tough as that, though).

Good ol' Sandro's gonna get his castration wish granted then.:lol!:

*Rico loads sniper rifle with AP rounds.*

Jean: Remember Rico, go for the balls when he's about to penetrate.

Rico: I will.

*Rico peers through a window. Sandro and Petra are undressing for their usual pleasures.*

Sandro: Ready to do things as usual?

Petra (blushing): Ready when you are, Sandro.

*Petra sits down legs spread on a bed. Sandro turns around with his manhood sprawled out. It is in Rico's crosshairs.*

Jean: Now.

*Rico pulls the trigger on her rifle. Petra hears the rifle being fired.*

Petra: Sandro.

*She sits up and stretches out an arm over the private area in an attempt to block the bullet. Unfortunately, the AP bullet does it's work blowing through Petra's arm and right into Sandro's private area which blows up in gory fashion.

Sandro: ARRRGGGGGHHHHH!!! MY TOWER OF PISA!

*Sandro writhes on the floor in pain covering up his lost goods while a franctic Petra panics over what has happened to her handler/ sex partner.*

Jean: No more screwing cyborgs for you.
Ggultra2764
Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 23:57

But knowing Petra...

She'd pick Sandro's *thing*, kills Sandro, and uses his thing as a dildo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 28 Aug 2008 - 23:58

Dude, it won't remain that way once it's severed.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 1:08

Oh no it wont!
But the med techs in the compound might have something for Franken-Penis...
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 1:13

ElfenMagix wrote:Oh no it wont!
But the med techs in the compound might have something for Franken-Penis...

Lovely, now you're gonna get Sandro tempted to get one that vibrates. Sex with Petra will never be the same again. Cheers!
Ggultra2764
Ggultra2764

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 1:52

ElfenMagix wrote:But the med techs in the compound might have something for Franken-Penis...
Dr. Bianchi: (a la The Six Million Dollar Man) “Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better then it was…”
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 11:21

LoC978 wrote:She may die of sheer brain concussion from a direct hit... but there wouldn't be any dismemberment and there would only be a fair amount of cosmetic damage.
I suppose I can accept that. It's just that I never saw the skin as being part of the armored structure of the girls. Well at least not enough to survive a point blank explosion from anything larger then an M80. Her rib cage might survive, but I have a hard time seeing the skin around it looking remotely all right. I suppose I should defer to you on this though.

As to all this reconstruction talk, there was this awful movie I watched a while back called Space Truckers. The title more, or less says it all. There is one point when the truck gets picked up by pirates. In exchange for safety the female passenger offers to have sex with the half cyborg pirate captain. So anyway the chick is on the bed, and the captain [who is also horribly scared] disrobes. Then he yanks on a rip cord once, or twice and it sounds like a motor starts. You can only see his was up, but clearly his nether region is now emitting a blue light. He's been talking the entire time about rebuilding his own body, 'Why I even had to rebuild this. I think it's a bit of an improvement myself. Capable of vibrating at 4,000 times a minute with...' then the motor coughs, and then dies along with the light. The captain looks down, and looks up nervously say, 'Uh sorry, I can fix this..."

It's the only redeeming scene in the entire movie.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Forum Posts : 1053

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 29 Aug 2008 - 23:11

Wow.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3