Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who are these girls?

+8
Professor Voodoo
Schaschanist
Odon
Alfisti
Danjo3
Kiskaloo
Entropy
Darkstar117
12 posters

Go down

Who are these girls? Empty Who are these girls?

Post by Darkstar117 Sun 13 Mar 2011 - 20:47

I apologize before hand if this has been covered before, but I searched and couldn't find anything.

In episode 8 of the second season, Henrietta and Rico are in the cafeteria, and there are some other girls behind them.

Who are they?

Who are these girls? GunslingerGirlITe8BackgroundGirls
Darkstar117
Darkstar117

Male

Forum Posts : 72

Comments : King of Golf Ramp, Kandahar Airbase, Afghanistan.

Registration date : 2010-09-23

Back to top Go down

Who are these girls? Empty Re: Who are these girls?

Post by Entropy Sun 13 Mar 2011 - 21:00

They're just more of the SWA's cyborgs. In the second season they probably make the amount of girls there bigger than what is displayed in the manga, but a definite number of how many they conditioned is never given.
Entropy
Entropy

Male

Forum Posts : 347

Original Characters : Livia/Nero

Comments : The wonderful human being previously known as tsundere357

Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkstar117 Sun 13 Mar 2011 - 21:11

OK, now that I've checked the same chapter in the manga, the only new girls shown were Beatrice & Chiara.

Silvia is not introduced until much later.
Darkstar117
Darkstar117

Male

Forum Posts : 72

Comments : King of Golf Ramp, Kandahar Airbase, Afghanistan.

Registration date : 2010-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Sun 13 Mar 2011 - 22:01

We've seen four Generation One girls who were technically not identified in the dining room, three of them in Chapter 18 and one in Chapter 33.

In Chapter 18, the one entering is likely Beatrice based on her hair style and clothing. Then there are two girls with their backs to us in the table behind the table with Claes, Henrietta, Rico and Triela. One of them has short black hair, so I believe this became Chiara in Chapter 60.

The girl in Chapter 33 has long black hair. Nachtsider is of the opinion this is a cameo of his OC Liesel inserted by Yu Aida after he sent him a copy of her character design, so that is what I refer to her as.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Mon 14 Mar 2011 - 3:44

Those girls are obliviously just scenery filler. They have no real significance.

Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Mon 14 Mar 2011 - 4:10

Danjo3 wrote:Those girls are obliviously just scenery filler. They have no real significance.
Wasn't someone looking for red shirts recently? Who are these girls? 70464
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Mon 14 Mar 2011 - 16:25

Alfisti wrote:Wasn't someone looking for red shirts recently? Who are these girls? 70464
I hear by name the girl on the left Rosalia, and the girl on the right Lucia. Kill them off as you will.

Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon Sun 20 Mar 2011 - 2:28

Danjo3 wrote:
Alfisti wrote:Wasn't someone looking for red shirts recently? Who are these girls? 70464
I hear by name the girl on the left Rosalia, and the girl on the right Lucia. Kill them off as you will.

Lucia is the Agency's first clone soldier. Her memory is recorded on a bio-chip and can be downloaded into an identical clone upon her death. She therefore has no fear of dying, and tends to rush into action and get killed stupidly. Because of this no handler will work with her, and so she is attached to any fratello that needs an expendable cyborg.

Rosalia lost her entire family when their town on the outskirts of Naples was buried in illegally-dumped garbage. She came to the attention of the Social Welfare Agency after losing 60% of her body in a tragic pizza-making accident. Rosalia is a test subject for cyborg resurrection technology, and thus can survive being killed numerous times. Unfortunately each death leaves its subconscious imprint on her mind; she now has a morbid fear of bullets, knives, grenades, garrottes, axes, claw hammers, land mines, carbombs, poison darts, air-to-ground missiles, attack dogs, garbage trucks, armoured fighting vehicles, Molotov cocktails, crossbow bolts, catapults, flamethrowers, anti-tank rockets, floods, fires, earthquakes, weapons of mass destruction, teenaged moped riders, king cobras, pizza and ice cream (don't ask). Her pairing with the gung-ho Bruno Brothers therefore leads to much hilarity, as Rosalia is often too terrified to leave her dorm, let alone go on missions.

Rosalia's handler is one of five identical twins - the Bruno brothers - all of them patriotic members of the Agency, and all willing to take on the task of being Rosalia's handler should one of them fall in the line of duty. The Brunos have a proud military history dating back to Garibaldi's Redshirts; a member of this family has been killed in the opening shots of every war that Italy has been involved in. Their favourite battlecry is "For___URGH!"

Odon

Male

Forum Posts : 482

Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 3:35

Odon wrote:Lucia is the Agency's first clone soldier. Her memory is recorded on a bio-chip and can be downloaded into an identical clone upon her death. She therefore has no fear of dying, and tends to rush into action and get killed stupidly. Because of this no handler will work with her, and so she is attached to any fratello that needs an expendable cyborg.
And when you brief her on a mission, all you have to do is plug her into a laptop.
Odon wrote:Rosalia's handler is one of five identical twins - the Bruno brothers
Good stuff man. Laughing
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 15:05

Danjo3 wrote:Those girls are obliviously just scenery filler. They have no real significance.
To be honest, I don't believe there are ONLY Cyborgs for combat and counter-terrorism at the SWA Dorm.
It's possible that these girls in the background are just scenery filler, of course, but i think it's also possible that they are part of the civilian wing of the SWA.
The main focus is on the military wing where our girls are but with a look on the huge area of the SWA complex i would say the civilian wing exist at the same time next to the military wing.
Just remember Angelica's (or Angelina's) cousin, the SWA replaced his leg and i would go so far to say there is another use of the huge buildings of the SWA, rehabilitation of pacifist girls, boys, women and men who received artificial limbs from the civilian SWA.
I would also say that the civilian wing takes care of girls and boys just like an Orphanage.

That would explain who are the girls in the background or what they do there.

Spoiler:

If all what i think really is real, then it's possible that the girls when they don't stay in their rooms and start to go around in the buildings of the SWA complex, they possibly meet other girls, non-cyborg civilian girls/boys perhaps in the canteen/dining hall and we don't have to limit ourself only on Cyborgs, Handlers and the Medic Staff inside the compound.
It also is possible that it's all bullshit from the mind of a creative thinker (in German a 'Querdenker').... But i'm always thinking off the limits...
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 816

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 15:42

schaschanist wrote:
If all what i think really is real, then it's possible that the girls when they don't stay in their rooms and start to go around in the buildings of the SWA complex, they possibly meet other girls, non-cyborg civilian girls/boys perhaps in the canteen/dining hall and we don't have to limit ourself only on Cyborgs, Handlers and the Medic Staff inside the compound.
It also is possible that it's all bullshit from the mind of a creative thinker (in German a 'Querdenker').... But i'm always thinking off the limits...
That's possible I guess, but it would create a lot of problems with regards to secrecy. These civilian patients would have to wonder why there is always the sound of gunfire coming from the "restricted" side of the compound.

Doubtless there are civilian beneficiaries of SWA technology but I think those operations are done in other hospitals. Maybe the new limbs are constructed on the same base as Special Ops uses...who knows.

There are a million possibilities here.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 15:46

Within my OC universe, the SWA complex has both civilian and military sections, but they're segregated.

I did this because Yu changed the look of the SWA compound about midway through the manga. This is the original compound look:

Who are these girls? Old_SWA_Compound

He later went with a much larger and more elaborate facility:

Who are these girls? New_SWA_Compound_01
Who are these girls? New_SWA_Compound_02
Who are these girls? New_SWA_Compound_03

What I have decided within my Pactio OC universe is that the "old" compound is where the cyborgs and handlers are. It's to the right of the "new" complex (where the bell-tower is, since we see it outside of Petra's bedroom window) and it's surrounded by forest. It has it's own entry and exit gate, but also is connected to the main complex.

The "new" compound is used by both the civilian and military side. It houses the administration areas and such. The hospital in the back is where most civilians stay. It's also used for major surgeries on the girls, with more minor work and monitoring done at the "old" compound.

It's a kludge, but the only other option was the SWA moved from the small complex to the large complex (which I believe I may have done in my original works before Pactio).
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaschanist Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 17:01

Kiskaloo wrote:Within my OC universe, the SWA complex has both civilian and military sections, but they're segregated.

I did this because Yu changed the look of the SWA compound about midway through the manga. This is the original compound look:

Who are these girls? Old_SWA_Compound

He later went with a much larger and more elaborate facility:

Who are these girls? New_SWA_Compound_01
Who are these girls? New_SWA_Compound_02
Who are these girls? New_SWA_Compound_03
To be honest, the new one looks like a complete different complex. i can not found any similarity with the old or any of the old buildings there.
It seems they rebuilt the whole complex one time, when they decided to expand.
Schaschanist
Schaschanist

Male

Forum Posts : 816

Fan of : Henrietta,Triela and Claes; Hydrangea

Original Characters : Etienne & Emilie or "Eti & Emi"

Comments : Emilie Valerie De Laroque, a 13 years old dark and gloomy part-french girl from Belgium, with excellent manners and a slight french accent...

Registration date : 2010-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 17:23

I agree that there are civilian and military 'wings' to the SWA. However, my agreement ends there.

It would make no sense from a security standpoint to have the civilian and military wings located on the same premises. My opinion says that what we have been seeing all this time *is* the military wing, which is situated somewhere secluded and out of the public eye. The civilian wing, where normal patients are housed, is perhaps somewhere in downtown Rome - a publicly accessible place.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 17:38

I'm sure there is an office in downtown Rome where the "PR" stuff is handled and where the fund-raising is done.

But that hospital complex is way too large to be just for the cyborgs, IMO. I am also of the opinion it's a major research facility used for the development of civilian applications of the "military" cyborg units and where civilians receive their prosthesis. I expect it also has living facilities for family members of those undergoing said surgeries as well as for those who undergo the surgeries to become familiar with their new implants.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 17:44

Everything in your post, Kisk, was perfectly acceptable apart from this:

Kiskaloo wrote:am also of the opinion it's... where civilians receive their prosthesis. I expect it also has living facilities for family members of those undergoing said surgeries as well as for those who undergo the surgeries to become familiar with their new implants.
The risk of compromise is just too high, IMO.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 17:49

If they're isolated to the hospital, I don't see where the risk is, to be honest. I'm sure there is a secure wing for the combat cyborgs, but even so, they look human so nobody is going to bat an eye seeing them walking the halls.

The "military area" would be secured from the civilian complex, so even if somebody made a wrong turn and took the road to the Special Operations complex, they would be turned away at the gate and directed to the civilian area. I imagine the entire complex is "secured" to allow civilians only access to the hospital (hence it being separate from the rest of the main complex, to say nothing of the military area.

Italy mixes civilian and military facilities at a number of airports, so I can't see it being a chore for them to do this with the SWA.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 17:51

I suppose that *could* work if done efficiently. But bear in mind that where those mixed military/civilian complexes you talk about are concerned, the military activities were almost certainly nowhere as earth-shattering as a black-ops cyborg outfit.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 17:54

Nachtsider wrote:I agree that there are civilian and military 'wings' to the SWA. However, my agreement ends there.

It would make no sense from a security standpoint to have the civilian and military wings located on the same premises. My opinion says that what we have been seeing all this time *is* the military wing, which is situated somewhere secluded and out of the public eye. The civilian wing, where normal patients are housed, is perhaps somewhere in downtown Rome - a publicly accessible place.
That's the way I play it in my stories. The compound we know is for Special Ops (Sections One & Two) only, with offices for Public Safety liasons and quarters for visiting VIP's (Senators, the Minister of Defense, etc). No living, breathing being sets foot on the compound without being cleared by the powers that be.
Kiskaloo wrote:that hospital complex is way too large to be just for the cyborgs, IMO.
There's a huge research & developemnt program going on here, as well as manufacturing. If you want a real world parallel I'd point to McLaren International's new "Paragon" facility in Woking. It's at least as big as the hospital Yu has drawn.

As for the SWA's public work I'd guess there's an office in every major city. It's something the government wants their citizens & the world to see so they'd likely make the program as accessible as possible. That also distracts from the SWA's other mission.

Woman 1: I heard a rumor that Social Welfare Agency trains little girls as assassins.

Woman 2: That's nonsense...my son's class to a field trip to the SWA hospital in Genoa just last week!
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 18:06

But Paragon also incorporates multiple automobile manufacturing facilities for the Formula One team and the MP4-12C (along with the former SLR). Also, the scale of materials fabrication at Paragon is much higher than what I would imagine is needed for a couple dozen cyborgs.

In the end, I can believe that the entire place is just for Public Security and Special Operations. And I have had the public-side of the SWA spread across the country.

I'll just assume they moved from the small complex to the new larger one when the program was expanded to the Series 2.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by theprodigalson Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 22:04

I rather like the idea of the public having access to a portion of the compound. The buildings are just too big to avoid notice - someone is going to wonder what they are.

In my own fiction, I have the SWA with a public facility complete with guided tours (may have picked up the idea from someone around here...can't be sure). The tours are heavily monitored and the public hours are limited. During these hours, range practice for the staff is restricted to the indoor range.

Additionally, for the occasional passerby with his window rolled down, the facility is said to share land with a military group of some kind that uses it for training due to its secluded location. Governments can be silly like that. Or perhaps its openly discussed that a limited amount of weapon research is done there as well. Either way, without flat out declaring it a military compound their best option is really to hide in plain sight. Otherwise, curiosity will eventually bring attention.
theprodigalson
theprodigalson

Male

Forum Posts : 436

Original Characters : Nikias and Anastasia

Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 22:25

theprodigalson wrote:I rather like the idea of the public having access to a portion of the compound. The buildings are just too big to avoid notice - someone is going to wonder what they are.
Though I would agree, I have to disagree. In NYC there are several tall (20 - 30+ story buildings) that seem to have no windows on them. The majority of them are Telephone/Internet and Microwave/Satellite relay towers. They contain offices and are contained maintained but they have no windows, and getting into one, you wont get past the armed (yes armed!) receptionist guard unless you have business there AND have a building access ID card. But if you ask people around the area what they are, they will be like, "Eh? Who cares!"

theprodigalson wrote:
In my own fiction, I have the SWA with a public facility complete with guided tours (may have picked up the idea from someone around here...can't be sure). The tours are heavily monitored and the public hours are limited. During these hours, range practice for the staff is restricted to the indoor range.

Additionally, for the occasional passerby with his window rolled down, the facility is said to share land with a military group of some kind that uses it for training due to its secluded location. Governments can be silly like that. Or perhaps its openly discussed that a limited amount of weapon research is done there as well. Either way, without flat out declaring it a military compound their best option is really to hide in plain sight. Otherwise, curiosity will eventually bring attention.
In my OC universe, I have the main compound in Rome and one outside Rome. The one in Rome is close to the Vatican, and then St. Peter's bell is rung, it can be heard in the compound. There is a thread here (SWA Compound Found) is the compound on google earth I use, and it is in Rome, where I stated above.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Odon Tue 22 Mar 2011 - 22:16

Incidently, there's been some more names mentioned in the nuclear power station battle, including possibly the names of some 2nd Gen girls.

Gattonerro

Gaspar (a handler apparently)

And Marco mentions Fio and Lupo along with Gaspar here, implying that these might be the cyborgs with him when he orders them to tip over the crane.

What do you think? Did I miss anyone?

Odon

Male

Forum Posts : 482

Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Entropy Tue 22 Mar 2011 - 22:42

Odon wrote:Incidently, there's been some more names mentioned in the nuclear power station battle, including possibly the names of some 2nd Gen girls.

Gattonerro

Gaspar (a handler apparently)

And Marco mentions Fio and Lupo along with Gaspar here, implying that these might be the cyborgs with him when he orders them to tip over the crane.

What do you think? Did I miss anyone?

We discussed this possibility in https://gunslinger-girl.forumotion.com/t2738-raw-chapters-80-82-available-spoilers
Entropy
Entropy

Male

Forum Posts : 347

Original Characters : Livia/Nero

Comments : The wonderful human being previously known as tsundere357

Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Who are these girls? Empty just un named cyborgs.

Post by ProjectZ Wed 21 Sep 2011 - 21:57

in the manga there are a few unnamed cyborgs (Petra's roommates for example) those girls are probably just not dramatic enough for them to be entertaining.

Akimbo smillie Who are these girls? 423829
ProjectZ
ProjectZ

Male

Forum Posts : 42

Fan of : GsG (duh), FLCL, Soul Eater, Elfen Lied, Hetalia, K-on!

Original Characters : A few in the works, but nothing I'm willing to show yet

Comments : I don't always read Yuri.
But when I do, I prefer "Girl Friends"

Registration date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 21 Sep 2011 - 22:13

Their names are defined in the later current chapters of the manga.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down