Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seven Seas Adds Gunslinger Girl

4 posters

Go down

Seven Seas Adds Gunslinger Girl Empty Seven Seas Adds Gunslinger Girl

Post by Cryingvoid Wed 18 Aug 2010 - 18:31

Seven Seas Adds Gunslinger Girl, Blood Alone Manga

Books once published by ADV Manga, Infinity Studios get omnibus releases

The North American manga publisher Seven Seas has announced that it has licensed Yu Aida's Gunslinger Girl action manga and Masayuki Takano's Blood Alone vampire manga. The publisher will release the first six volumes of Gunslinger Girl in two omnibus volumes starting in February of 2011, and then release single volumes starting with volume 7. There are currently 12 volumes in Japan.

Seven Seas will release the first three volumes of Blood Alone in one omnibus volume in May of 2011, followed by single volumes for the remaining volumes. There are six volumes in Japan currently.

ADV Manga had previously published Gunslinger Girl, and Infinity Studios had previously published Blood Alone. Seven Seas will give both series new translations and lettering.

Update: Seven Seas also announced that it will release Strawberry Panic! The Complete Manga Collection, which will contain "both volumes of the manga, plus two all-new previously unreleased chapters," and the first Venus Versus Virus Omnibus book (with three collected volumes) this October. The three-volume Hayate X Blade Omnibus 1 and three-volume Inukami! Omnibus 1 will follow in November. Rachel Roberts' Avalon: The Warlock Diaries series will get a complete, three-volume omnibus collection in December.
Cryingvoid
Cryingvoid

Male

Forum Posts : 170

Fan of : Triela, Hillshire

Registration date : 2009-06-05

Back to top Go down

Seven Seas Adds Gunslinger Girl Empty Re: Seven Seas Adds Gunslinger Girl

Post by ElfenMagix Wed 18 Aug 2010 - 20:35

Thanx for the heads up...
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Cryingvoid Wed 18 Aug 2010 - 20:51

Oh, didn't see this topic already existed... Though it is interesting to know, they are going to compile first six volumes into 2 omnibus. I wonder, would they leave translations and editing of ADV, or redo themselves?
Also, those compilation volumes are going to come out in hard cover format? If so, then it is doubtlessly to be a great item and collectible for a fan.
Cryingvoid
Cryingvoid

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu Wed 18 Aug 2010 - 21:16

They can't legally reuse ADV's translations (at least not without purchasing them from ADV) and I think they want to give customers an improved translation.

While we're on the subject of GSG translations, how's the Russian translation coming along?
KodokuRyuu
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Cryingvoid Thu 19 Aug 2010 - 13:57

KodokuRyuu
Oh yeah, sorry for being out for a long time.
The fact is that our official publisher 'Sakura-Press' released 4th volume just when almost all of our work for it had been done. But it served as a bad AND a good news to us: bad is that our work went to waste, since Sakura does quite a descent work all the time, and we do not wish to interrupt them (our country's economical crisis did no good to any media-publishing and producing companies. Even I myself lost the job in the wake of this mess). And the good piece of news is that they scheduled next GSG volume on October, so there is hope they will normalize the overall GSG releasing process. As I see, North American publishers also becoming active.

BTW, Ryuu, why not contact them? I dare presume they are not all that snobbish to ignore a well GSG-specialized team. At least you guys could act as a reference and a quality check, if not translating.
Cryingvoid
Cryingvoid

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu Thu 19 Aug 2010 - 16:19

I would, but I'm worried they'd tell us to stop doing our work. Since we work on the latest chapter and they only work on the volumes, we don't technically interfere with each other, but I still want to play it safe. Good to hear that Russia's getting GSG again.
KodokuRyuu
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Hilshire Sat 21 Aug 2010 - 21:59

If those compilation books come out in hardcover I'll take four of each! And if they don't I'll take 4 of each anyway.

One for me...

Another for me...

And another for me...

And another another for me...

Yay!

Actually one set to read, a backup read set should one get lost or damaged, and one for display, and a backup display version...
Triela Hilshire
Triela Hilshire

Female

Forum Posts : 150

Fan of : Triela, Henrietta, Rico, Beatrice, Angelica, and... Claes.

Original Characters : Karin Hilshire

Comments : Karin Hilshire, WoD character based off of Triela from Gunslinger Girl.

Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Cryingvoid Mon 23 Aug 2010 - 14:15

Triela Hilshire
Haha, Konata's credo Smile
Cryingvoid
Cryingvoid

Male