Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the relationship between Triela and Hilshire? ^ ^

+14
Triela Hilshire
KodokuRyuu
austinhowell
Professor Voodoo
Five_X
Triela
Ggultra2764
Danjo3
ElfenMagix
Kiskaloo
Splintered Soul
Alfisti
Nachtsider
Lakill
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What's the relationship between Triela and Hilshire? ^ ^ Empty What's the relationship between Triela and Hilshire? ^ ^

Post by Lakill Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 9:46

I wonder What's the relationship of Triela and Hilshire? What's the relationship between Triela and Hilshire? ^ ^ Icon_biggrin It 's just daughter/father? or lover .. .
After i finished reading ch.56 , i start to wonder what does Triiela think about Hilshire as..? Certainly,Hilshire thinks about Triela as daughter
I confuse so much about this couple 's relation. It's daugther/papa or Lover couple ??
Help me!... What's the relationship between Triela and Hilshire? ^ ^ Icon_smile
Thanks so much ^ ^

Last edited by Lakill on Tue 2 Mar 2010 - 10:12; edited 2 times in total
Lakill
Lakill

Female

Forum Posts : 3

Fan of : GSG,Resident Evil ,Devil May Cry, One Piece, HxH,FMA ,Bleach ,Naruto ,etc.

Comments : Hi,Everyone .I'm new for this ^ ^

Registration date : 2010-03-01

Back to top Go down

What's the relationship between Triela and Hilshire? ^ ^ Empty Re: What's the relationship between Triela and Hilshire? ^ ^

Post by Nachtsider Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 10:18

Father/daughter. Rachele would be Triela's mother.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

What's the relationship between Triela and Hilshire? ^ ^ Empty Re: What's the relationship between Triela and Hilshire? ^ ^

Post by Alfisti Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 10:22

Honestly I think it depends on who you're asking... and I mean that both in terms of peoples' opinions here and those of the fratello in question as well.

My own personal theory is that Hilshire views it as father/daughter... whereas Triela may or may-not have different ideas.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Forum Posts : 5880

Fan of : Triela, Hilshire, Priscilla, Ferro

Original Characters : Jethro + Monty

Comments : If in doubt, overdress.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 10:45

I just read your post again, Lakill, and realized you were asking us how TRIELA looks at the relationship. D'oh.

Let's put it this way. It's very clear that Triela loves and cares for Hillshire. I very much doubt, however, that it's the kind of love that motivates her to want to marry him or get in his pants.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Splintered Soul Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 11:52

Well...let's see what they have to say.

Hillshire: My relationship with her is quite complicated. (Chapter 36)

Triela: Conditioning and love are similar. I don't know how much are my own feelings. (Chapter 56)

I think they are both confused about what their relationship is. I would agree Hillshire certainly seems more fatherly, in that he certainly feels a strong urge to protect her. Triela on the other hand, I think at least one of the predominant feelings in her mind is romantic, although I think it's a very idealized, innocent romantic love.

Triela: I will live desperately together and then die with this person. (Chapter 56)

Although, I think Triela does remember Elsa during her soul-searching in Chapter 56, so I wonder if it's just because it was on the topic of conditioning vs love or if it's because she was comparing herself to Elsa....
Splintered Soul
Splintered Soul

Male

Forum Posts : 44

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Black Lagoon, Neon Genesis Evangelion and a lot of other things too. @_@

Registration date : 2010-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakill Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 12:09

I think like you, Nacthsider .Triela loves Hilshire
First, i think they're just father/daughter
but after i read chapter 56 .Triela kiss Hilshire .It makes me think different from it.
I know just Hilshire think about Triela as daughter ,so Triela.. ???
Maybe Triela acts Tsundare to Hilshire ???.
PS.Thanks for all comments ^ ^
Lakill
Lakill

Female

Forum Posts : 3

Fan of : GSG,Resident Evil ,Devil May Cry, One Piece, HxH,FMA ,Bleach ,Naruto ,etc.

Comments : Hi,Everyone .I'm new for this ^ ^

Registration date : 2010-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 12:11

I personally do not believe Triela has really ever viewed Hilshire as a "father figure" in the manga or the anime. Prior to Volume 10, she had feelings for him, but they were tempered by his own professional demeanor, so I think she viewed him more as an "authority figure", though she did have an emotional attachment to him from the conditioning medication.

Once she learned that Hilshire saved her and that he effectively sacrificed his own life in the process, those feelings became much stronger and turned into "real love".
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Mon 1 Mar 2010 - 18:40

Splintered Soul wrote:Triela: Conditioning and love are similar. I don't know how much are my own feelings. (Chapter 56)
Triela says this in the very beginning of V1 (ch4/5 Elsa's story), when interviewed by the section 1 guy, Fermi I believe is his name. She also says it in the Amine (epi 10/11).
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Forum Posts : 5682

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Tue 2 Mar 2010 - 16:29

I personally think she had romantic feeling for him all along, but did not give into them until she was sure it was the real deal, and not something that was caused by the conditioning. As for Hillshire, he sees her as a daughter.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggultra2764 Tue 2 Mar 2010 - 17:03

I always assumed that before chapter 56, Triela was unsure how to view her relationship with Hilshire as she wasn't sure if she had genuine feelings of love for the guy or if it was part of the conditioning. Of all the first-gen cyborgs, Triela didn't seem as influenced by the conditioning to be completely obedient to her handler's orders and had greater awareness of the reality of being a cyborg assassin. But after learning of her past connections to Hilshire, I'm in the boat with everyone else that Triela's feelings of love for the guy became genuine while Hilshire still thinks of their relationship to be a platonic one.

But I am curious as to whether or not he knows about the "pucker up" gift he was given by Triela after passing out. Razz
Ggultra2764
Ggultra2764

Male

Forum Posts : 590

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : n/a

Comments : To those who don't know me, I've been a Cyborg Central member since 2008 and used to assist in scanlating chapters for the Gunslinger Girl manga when it was still being published in Japan. Now, I just tend to drift around in here now and then depending on whatever random impulse implores me to float back in here. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. Depends on what real life and the Internet implore me to do.

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Tue 2 Mar 2010 - 23:59

Ggultra2764 wrote:But I am curious as to whether or not he knows about the "pucker up" gift he was given by Triela after passing out. Razz

That's what I'm dying to find out!!!
Triela
Triela
Super Special Awesome Cyborg Assassin

Female

Forum Posts : 2746

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Savyna, Iain

Comments : A pleasant, bubbly young lady, talented artist and Orlando Bloom fan extraordinaire.

Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Splintered Soul Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 0:22

Well, Triela did give him a "I'll be coming back" peck on the cheek before she went on the bell tower assault in Chapter 61. They certainly seem very concerned about each other's safety during that whole event, more so than Jose and Henrietta which is unusual I think. I also think the scene with the shotgun is supposed to be symbolic of something, although I can't figure out quite what.
Splintered Soul
Splintered Soul

Male

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Black Lagoon, Neon Genesis Evangelion and a lot of other things too. @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 0:36

Splintered Soul wrote:Well, Triela did give him a "I'll be coming back" peck on the cheek before she went on the bell tower assault in Chapter 61. They certainly seem very concerned about each other's safety during that whole event, more so than Jose and Henrietta which is unusual I think. I also think the scene with the shotgun is supposed to be symbolic of something, although I can't figure out quite what.

...and despite looking uncomfortable he wasn't exactly resisting either.

I don't know, I've always thought Hilshire and Triela (particularly Hilshire) were pretty concerned for each-others' well being. However, untill Triela learned about her own past they just didn't let it show. I guess I've always considered them to have a more natural relation ship as compared to, say, Jose and Henrietta which always felt quite artificial to me... particularly for Jose.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Five_X Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 0:46

I know that I cringed when she sawed off the stock of her '97. But I guess she can get a new stock...
Five_X
Five_X

Male

Forum Posts : 695

Fan of : Rico!

Original Characters : Jessi, Ed, Ralph and Mal

Comments : President of the Ilya Fanclub.

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Splintered Soul Wed 3 Mar 2010 - 1:08

Five_X wrote:I know that I cringed when she sawed off the stock of her '97. But I guess she can get a new stock...

Well, as old as that model of gun is, I doubt it was the original stock anyway. Although...since Triela said previously that she couldn't remember who had given the gun to her, maybe it was sort of a renewal thing, making the gun something special again in their relationship, and making a new start for both. One that's a better fit?
Splintered Soul
Splintered Soul

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Thu 4 Mar 2010 - 19:36

As I see it Triela is the only developing character in the story (with the possible exception of her counter-part Pinocchio). For the first 55 chapters I'm sure she was just as confused about her true emotions concerning Hillshire as the audience was, but in Ch. 56 she seems to have a catharsis, and comes to a decision about how she feels.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Forum Posts : 3428

Fan of : That one guy who was only in one episode & didn't have any lines.

Original Characters : Marisa/ Elio Alboreto

Comments :

Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell Tue 20 Apr 2010 - 22:48

splintered soul you talked about the bell twer assault in chap 61 . know any place i could read it in english
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Forum Posts : 259

Fan of : SOCCER,DISTURBED,METEOR SHOWERS, CALL OF DUTY, AND TRIELA'S MESMERISING EYES AND PRETTY HAIR

Original Characters : TRIELA , WHAT COULD BE BETTER

Comments : CURRENTLY READING VOLUME 7, I HOPE THEY MAKE A THIRD SEASON, METEOR SHOWERS ARE MY FAVORITE THING NEXT TO GSG, SOCCER, COD, DISTURBED, AND RIDING HORSES

Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu Tue 20 Apr 2010 - 22:52

KodokuRyuu
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Forum Posts : 1237

Fan of : Triela, Beatrice, Silvia

Original Characters : Hulkshire, Yu Aida, Berny & Bea

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell Tue 20 Apr 2010 - 23:52

do you also release it to spectrum nexus
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Fan of : SOCCER,DISTURBED,METEOR SHOWERS, CALL OF DUTY, AND TRIELA'S MESMERISING EYES AND PRETTY HAIR

Comments : CURRENTLY READING VOLUME 7, I HOPE THEY MAKE A THIRD SEASON, METEOR SHOWERS ARE MY FAVORITE THING NEXT TO GSG, SOCCER, COD, DISTURBED, AND RIDING HORSES

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell Tue 20 Apr 2010 - 23:52

youm said you release only to contributing members . how can i help
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu Wed 21 Apr 2010 - 0:22

We also have public releases. Currently the public releases are at the same chapter as the private releases. I don't release directly to Spectrum Nexus, but the guy who runs that site gets the public releases from MangaHelpers. If I can survive a couple more weeks of school, I'll be able to start releasing new chapters again.
KodokuRyuu
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell Wed 21 Apr 2010 - 15:50

thank you because i really want to read past the tenth book by the time i get there
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Triela Hilshire Wed 21 Apr 2010 - 17:37

KodokuRyuu wrote:We also have public releases. Currently the public releases are at the same chapter as the private releases. I don't release directly to Spectrum Nexus, but the guy who runs that site gets the public releases from MangaHelpers. If I can survive a couple more weeks of school, I'll be able to start releasing new chapters again.

I've got a few energy drinks here in my desk, if I can stuff them in the DVD drive I'll send them your way! What's the relationship between Triela and Hilshire? ^ ^ 5181
Triela Hilshire
Triela Hilshire

Female

Forum Posts : 150

Fan of : Triela, Henrietta, Rico, Beatrice, Angelica, and... Claes.

Original Characters : Karin Hilshire

Comments : Karin Hilshire, WoD character based off of Triela from Gunslinger Girl.

Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell Wed 21 Apr 2010 - 19:07

digital vault refreshing What's the relationship between Triela and Hilshire? ^ ^ 499796
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Splintered Soul Fri 23 Apr 2010 - 11:05

austinhowell wrote:splintered soul you talked about the bell twer assault in chap 61 . know any place i could read it in english

MangaFox has GsG scanlations of chapters 1 through 64.
Splintered Soul
Splintered Soul

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell Fri 23 Apr 2010 - 15:38

thats where ive started reading them now . i read volume 1 and 2 on spectrum nexus but they just dont have as many volumes (so i switched What's the relationship between Triela and Hilshire? ^ ^ 499796
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu Fri 23 Apr 2010 - 19:16

Spectrum Nexus rotates chapters, so not every chapter is necessarily available at the same time.
KodokuRyuu
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell Fri 23 Apr 2010 - 22:01

oh i didnt know that What's the relationship between Triela and Hilshire? ^ ^ 109289
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tal-rasha Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 19:35

Well heres my opinion on the relation between these fratelo.
At first (since it changes over the course of the story) i hated somewhat triela, since hillshire did everything he could to make her confortably and more "humaine". The treatment that hillshire gives to triela is very quite diferent that what the doctors give her. While H. (H. simbolizes hillshire) treats her as a human being, the doctors see her more as a weapon. Another thing is that H. does not now how to treat a teenager (in chapter called snow white, when H. doesnt know what to give triela). So we could say that it was not just because of duty that H. gave her presents, but it was due to affection. Now "affection" here used is not called love, just worries and trying to keep the promise that he did to Rachelle. On the other side of the relation is Triela. Here she doesnt know how to react against so much "earnest" (i believe thats what she complains about) and closes his feelings and his thoughts and even mocks H. attempt to get close to her. Why does she do that is something i really dont understand, perhaps its because she doesnt know her true feelings or if they are just conditioning, against her fear of not knowing she closes herself, full of pride and goes hostile with poor Hillshire (you can notice more on the manga than in il-teatrino).

The second important change was a bit of the fight in Pinnochio and Angelicas death. Against pino we can say that she was very distanced to his fratelo since in the fight she establishes that he wouldnt understand because fighting was all that she had. Viewing Hillshire affection towards her we know that this was a lie.

And on Angelicas death and in that episode she comes out of her bubble, even a GIS tells her she has grown out. Im really interested in the kiss she and H had (well it was not a real kiss since his fratelo wasnt really conscious lol) however it cant be denied the kiss before the battle against the venetians. So in the end i believe that Hillshire must be the one who is in confusion, because on one side she has Rachelle dying request, and on the other hand she has Triella who now has affection for him (there are more episodes not just before the battle that she demonstrates her affection without any fear), so what will he do? And moreover hes the one who administer her drugs, so its very prob. that he wont administer them fully, and what about the new "treatment" that has been developed that doesnt hurt the cyborgs that much? Will they be still alive and able to finish their relation? I hope so since that relation is the more complex and humaine that all cyborgs have (sorry for petrushcas fans).

So its not a father/son but rather a lot more complex relation (with affection, and i know its a strong word but with also romantic love) who is on the verge of collapsing.

tal-rasha

Male

Forum Posts : 10

Registration date : 2010-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 21:48

Things to consider:
Hillshire never had a serious relationship since perhaps college. Thus he is a very lonely man outside of his professional world in Europol. Being a handler, let alone a father figure to Triela... is something he has to learn from day one. Having her conditioned only makes it easy for him to deal with her.

Triela like Hillshire has her own issues. Though not proven, she seems to have been mindwiped by her conditioning, at least to get her out of catatonic state she was in when taken to the SWA. Everything up this point, she has learned through him.

Relationships when they dont change, get old. When other facets of a relationship does not get explored, the members of that relationship start to have negative emotions. Hillshire cares too deeply about Triela, but Triela only has conditioning to fall back on. "Love and conditioning are the same thing. I can not tell where one stops and the other begins.", as Triela told Ferni in the Elsa Incident investigation.

Everything from here on out gets thrown out the window and people look at the splat it makes on the floor. V9 and V10 only adds to their relationship, where exploring other facets of their love could go. She loves Hillshire deeply but after years and years of nothing, not even a kiss... one cold get very frustrated on this. Hillshire has known Triela since he found her as a victim of the child snuff industry, at about age as young as 7 to as old as 10. Triela has known Hillshire since she was awaken by the SWA Medics- about a year later. Current time, Triela is about 13 - 16 years old. At the shortest amount of time they could have had together is 3 years, the longest - 11 year. Even at 3 years, that is a long time for a relationship.

As for the drug itself. many of the girls self medicate. Angie give herself her medication several times in the manga and anime. Claes too. All they need to follow is the doctor's or handlers orders as to when and where. In the case of Angie, she has been on maximum and down to her normal level that she got addicted to the meds, but she mamanged to break out of addiction with Marco's help towards the end. Triela, as seen on V10, seems to self medicate herself as per Hillshire's directions.

Now add everything else.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 23:23

Most of what you propose jives, but I can't agree with this part...
ElfenMagix wrote: Hillshire has known Triela since he found her as a victim of the child snuff industry, at about age as young as 7 to as old as 10. Triela has known Hillshire since she was awaken by the SWA Medics- about a year later. Current time, Triela is about 13 - 16 years old. At the shortest amount of time they could have had together is 3 years, the longest - 11 year. Even at 3 years, that is a long time for a relationship.
I think your age interpretation is way off. I'd estimate "Triela" (who is not yet Triela) at around 13 when Rachel & Hartman find her in Amsterdam. Add a year for the coma-time, and she's 14 by the time she's converted.

At that point the clock stops. In both anime & manga is appears to me that conditioning not only halts physical growth, but also inhibits emotional development. Triela was 14 when she was converted, she's 14 as of the St. Mark's battle, she'll be 14 when she dies.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu Fri 18 Jun 2010 - 0:05

I would say the conditioning only stunts the cyborg's emotional growth - Triela and Petra, being aware (unlike many of the other girls), are shown to develop emotionally over time.
KodokuRyuu
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Fri 18 Jun 2010 - 0:39

KodokuRyuu wrote:I would say the conditioning only stunts the cyborg's emotional growth - Triela and Petra, being aware (unlike many of the other girls), are shown to develop emotionally over time.
You bring a valid point by mentioning those two...amongst the cyborgs they are the only developing characters (although Claes has shown a little evolution recently). I think it's happening in spite of their conditioning though, rather than as a planned fuction of it. Either way, even if Triela has been alive as a cyborg for 4 years I still don't think she's operating with the mind of an 18 year old.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by tal-rasha Fri 18 Jun 2010 - 1:09

Perhaps they arent operating as a 18 year old, but we have to see that henrietta as well as triela are on low dosage, on that basis we could say that they have restrictions on their emotional growth, but they do have. Perhaps its because i see them more humaine these cyborgs rather than cibernetics organisms. And with the age of triela im sure of it that ive read it in the manga that it was stated that they were "bringing girl UP to 15 years old for snuff movies", so at giving the HIGHEST age that trielas body could have are 15 plus the span of the medication.

Also i have to agree that they have had a long relation as fratellos, however with the new discoveries (triela knowing her past) i kinda noted something different (not with Hillshire but with triela). But it can be just as elfen magix stated, how can a relation like love can actualy develop and carry on in a organization like that. The only relation that can survive is a relation between 2 workers and thats it. But i really dont think thats what Aida is trying to state in this series, however thats just my opinion.

tal-rasha

Male

Forum Posts : 10

Registration date : 2010-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by KodokuRyuu Fri 18 Jun 2010 - 2:40

Professor Voodoo wrote:even if Triela has been alive as a cyborg for 4 years I still don't think she's operating with the mind of an 18 year old.
I'd say she has a mix of an adult mindset and a childish mind set. In some respects she has the maturity of an adult, but that doesn't mean she always chooses to exercise that maturity - in fact she often doesn't. In other aspects she's immature. But the thing that sets her apart from the other Gen 1's is she recognizes her immaturity. And I think her lack of maturity in some areas frustrates her from time to time.
KodokuRyuu
KodokuRyuu
Resident Translator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 0:41

damn i need to finish the manga
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Voodoo Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 1:36

austinhowell wrote:damn i need to finish the manga
Triela does take a lead role and shows a lot of character development in chapters 48-64.
What's the relationship between Triela and Hilshire? ^ ^ Captur15
That said, she still runs like a 7 year old with hurt feelings. No complaint...it's actually sort of cute.
Professor Voodoo
Professor Voodoo

Male

Comments :

Back to top Go down

Post by WEBER Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 1:40

How long's it going to take to finish the manga Austin? You've been reading volume 5 for about a month now. I finished it in a few nights.
WEBER
WEBER

Forum Posts : 94

Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 2:24

Professor Voodoo wrote:No complaint...it's actually sort of cute.
What's the relationship between Triela and Hilshire? ^ ^ 735198
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 11:36

Professor Voodoo wrote:
austinhowell wrote:damn i need to finish the manga
Triela does take a lead role and shows a lot of character development in chapters 48-64.
What's the relationship between Triela and Hilshire? ^ ^ Captur15
That said, she still runs like a 7 year old with hurt feelings. No complaint...it's actually sort of cute.
Currently working and have been for quite a while- all the girls I have seen from 7 - 18, all run like that when hurt when they run away. True, when older they would confront their pains, but when they run, that is how they do it.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 12:02

I know what Yu was trying to get at in this arc, and I think that he ultimately achieved it, but I think he really dropped the ball when he had Triela run out on Hillshire when he was gun shot. That‘s something she would never do. But the heart of the story was tied directly into her running away, so don’t even ask me what I would do otherwise to make it work.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nic2001 Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 13:17

Ok this could turn out to be a big post…

The way I see it, one of Triela’s job/function is to protect her handler (Hillshire). But Hillshire doesn’t want Triela to get hurt again so he’s trying to keep her away from the action. When he got back to the hotel, Triela see that he got shot and realise that he went to do a mission without her. This doesn’t work for her because 1- she’s supposed to do most of the killing for him and 2- since he got shot, she feel like she fail her task to protect him.

Now here what I think is going on, Triela’s conditioning is telling her that she did something wrong, her feelings for Hillshire (what is she for him, what is he for her and the way he’s been taking care of her during this time frame like spending the holidays together and asking her to stay alone in the hotel) and all the problems she’s currently having (having small memory lost and Angie’s death may be a big part of it) trigger that big burst of emotions that she cant control and/or understand and she ran away (thinking that distance may help her understand or just running away from it).

I must also add something about the medication thing… like others have said, Henrietta and Triela’s handlers (I’m sure Jean is doing the same to Rico too but ill get back to this later) are using the bare minimum of drugs on them… (And I’m almost certain that Triela is maybe not even using them. I don’t remember if the part when Hillshire tell Triela that he was going to give her the meds if she need them is before or after this scene, but he does tell her to keep some on her in case of an emergency) But something’s sure, the med are made to prevent something like this to happen and well since Triela is not taking much (or not at all) of the meds, she can have a conflict with her emotions and her conditioning.

Now we (well most of us) know what is happening after she runs out, but what is important to watch for is that even when she’s back in the hotel with Hillshire, he doesn’t give her drugs to calm her and she performs first aid on him. When he falls asleep, she try to run away again (saying something about not being a burden to him anymore) she stop and think about her feelings for him and all the events that happen in the past. Now knowing the full story of her past, she realise what he’s being doing for her since the beginning, Imo Triela is now understanding that Hillshires had feelings for her from the start and it wasn’t selfish action to make her feel happy but the real thing.

Some said that the girls mental age stay lock at the age they were turn into cyborgs. I think that they do evolve and get more mature with time, it may be slower for them but they are maturing. And btw, that’s not the first time Triela runs away from Hillshire in the story, she does it too when she learn that she’s going to ‘’babysit’’ Mimi during Mario’s testimony at the trial. (Now that I think about it, is it only in the anime or in the manga??? Must go see. (lucky I have that book with me today) Ok my bad it’s only in the anime… What's the relationship between Triela and Hilshire? ^ ^ 183408 ) But still the way she run is easy to explain: the way Yu draw her is the perfect way to visually describe what is going on. Show this page to anyone and they will know that –a young girl is running away while crying--.

Wow ok looks like I over did it I wrote way too much stuff… (Wrote that during my lunch break at work…) I sure hope this make sense. I will maybe edit a lot of it out later…What's the relationship between Triela and Hilshire? ^ ^ 367

Last edited by ElfenMagix on Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 14:04; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed it.... EM)

Nic2001

Male

Forum Posts : 13

Fan of : Triela, Claes, Rico

Registration date : 2010-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 13:59

Hillshire has Triela on a minimum dose setting. But as stated in another thread, this minimum is not the same as Henrietta's or Angie's minimum dose. This dose depends on many factors including weight and age of the cyborg, and initial conditioning programming given to that cyborg; IE: was the cyborg's past memory erased?

Secondly, as shown with other cyborgs (Claes and Angie), the cyborgs medicate themselves. They must do so because their handlers are not there to do it for them ALL THE TIME. Triela forgetting to self-medicate is something she did to inadvertently done to herself, and not something she was told to go. As seen, her dosage is set to keep her cybernetics running smoothly with her biology. Some emotional control maybe at play, but in her case it would be a minimal placement as her loyalty to Hillshire was already set by the initial conditioning program. She has already stated a long time ago, "love and conditioning are the same thing..." thus to her, she loves Hillshire. The problem here is how does one deal with their emotions of others? How does Triela deals with her feelings of Love/Conditioning to Hillshire? For a very long time she has denied herself because he has so wanted to 1)protect her 2)teach her and 3)keep it to a professional level. You can add 4)the man never had a relationship with anyone else because he forced himself into a Fast Track of Promotion and Career, which ended with the death of Rochelle and him joining he SWA. So he's cold to her with exceptions of times when he tries to be nice to her (giving gifts and as such). If the theory is correct, that for every christmas they have had together in the SWA, Hillshire gave her a teddy bear, Triela has recieved from him 7 of them. That makes it 7 years that they have been together through the SWA. 7 years is a very long time to have such feelings and not act on them.

And 7 years makes her older than Petra on Living Years, and closer to or past into her 20's (depending on where we agree she was turned into a cyborg). The girl is a woman in this stage of her life, of which she spent as a cyborg.

Thats my 2¢...
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nic2001 Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 14:38

Ok note to self, never post a wall of text from work again... Looks like i lost focus on what i was writing.

Elfen, im with you on this one, Triela is a woman stuck in a young teen body. I just hope her relation with Hillshire continues to grow and that they make it out alive at the end.

Nic2001

Male

Forum Posts : 13

Fan of : Triela, Claes, Rico

Registration date : 2010-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfisti Sun 20 Jun 2010 - 22:11

Honestly, I think it terms of the girls maturing mentally it needs to be taken on a case-by-case basis as different girls behave differently. So while we've seen Triela grow and mature into (and I'm in agreement here) a young woman in a girl's body others, like Rico... not so much. That could be down to any number of factors, technological and physiological. I mean, we've seen Triela mature, but she seems to have been converted at an age where she would have just started maturing toward adolescence and adult-hood so maybe that process that was started just carried on. 'Etta and Rico however seem to have been converted before that so they're frozen... just a thought.

As to the technological side, I've got to admit I tend to view each and every cyborg (and particularly the gen 1s) as a prototype. The SWA is testing medical technology here, so dislikeable as the prospect is, each girl I imagine would be to an extent treated as a different test chassis: a slightly different conditioning process here, different drugs there as each new development comes online.

That though I think is a discussion for a different thread.

On the subject of Hishire and Triela, I think that by the Venice mission... they're as confused about the whole thing as we are. Hilshire, as has been stated, was never the social butterfly. However, before Triela's jaunt to Mimi's they'd sort of settled into, if not a comfortable arrangement, then at least a status quo: Hilshire doing his best to fill a father/guardian role but never quite knowing how to read Triela's feelings and vice versa.

Then Hilshire gets himself shot, Triela misses a doseage of conditioning, has a small breakdown (oversimplification, but we're all familiar with it) and essentially gets her mental/emotional shit, if not completely sorted, then at least gets a few of the wrinkles ironed out. So now Triela's more solid on where she stands, but instead of pussy-footing around because she's not sure of how she feels she's now doing so because she's not sure how to deal with it. Remember, Hilshire was busy being passed out when she stole the kiss on the lips from him.

Skip to Venice, the relationship's moving on, the status is no longer quo and that's almost as confusing and possibly even more disconcerting for both tham what was going on before. It's probaly something both are cautiously happy about, but it would be disconcerting. So now Hilshire's got a girl who's returning the feelings he had (though I don't think Hilshire's were ever in a romantic sense) if not in the way he expected.

Triela's turning into a young woman who knows where she stands on the issue and would possibly like to take the relationship further. Hilshire's still seeing a girl and is having difficulty coming to grips with the idea that Triela has matured mentally and may be feeling something more than would be defined by the original father/daughter relationship he may have envisaged.
Alfisti
Alfisti

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by austinhowell Mon 21 Jun 2010 - 0:36

amen to that if triela ends up dying in the end i dont know how i will react although i have the strangest feeling that because in every italian opera all the main charachters end up dying . and to answer your question weber i will finish it soon i have really dropped the ball lately so im off right now to read some more, also i have seen pics of them and heard of companys planning to and not doing it but does anyone know where i can get gsg figures specifically of triela and someone talked on here about a rumored third season by some company could someone please fill me in on what that rumour was . p.s. where did u get that avatar of triela
austinhowell
austinhowell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockin AngelZz Tue 6 Jul 2010 - 10:14

Triela to Hischer : One Side Love
Hilscher to Triela : Father and Daughter

She didn't acknowledge her feelings until Vol.10
Rockin AngelZz
Rockin AngelZz

Female

Forum Posts : 8

Registration date : 2010-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiskaloo Tue 6 Jul 2010 - 10:29

I'm confident she acknowledged them as far back as Chapters 4 and 5, it's just now she is acting on them.
Kiskaloo
Kiskaloo
A Cat of Many Talents

Male

Forum Posts : 10984

Fan of : Angelica's Smile

Original Characters : Kara Michelle

Comments : The community's international man of mystery.

Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Tue 6 Jul 2010 - 10:44

Kiskaloo: Agreed!
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockin AngelZz Thu 8 Jul 2010 - 10:26

Still Hischer was shocked when Triela grabbed his hand in vol.10

What's the relationship between Triela and Hilshire? ^ ^ 925746
Rockin AngelZz
Rockin AngelZz

Female

Forum Posts : 8

Registration date : 2010-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next