Welcome to Cyborg Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idea and concept generation

+28
tremec6speed
Pax
Aisha_Hikari
Robert Frazer
Professor Voodoo
theprodigalson
SPARTAN 119
Alfisti
funkmachine
MikhailN
TTIO
Kiskaloo
Awinnell
Triela
Sakura
Utsurokuri
West Nile
Tommygunner70
Piero
Probit Return
boomer_gonz
emperor
Wileama
Nachtsider
Danjo3
LoC978
ElfenMagix
sasahara17
32 posters

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Idea and concept generation - Page 5 Empty Re: Idea and concept generation

Post by sasahara17 Mon 3 Dec 2007 - 2:58

Wow, such conflicting views on one subject. Personally I am of the view that becuse it is fanfiction we swhould try and apptoach each end every idea with an open mind unless like Nacht just remarked 'it is in bad taste'.

I personally think the Enrica senario although be angst filled might be a good exploration of the Croche brother's psyche. When suddeny the person whose memory they were fighting for turns out to be alive and in the 5R, their ideals and beliefs will have to be reassessed carefully.
The way I see it, this dillema will sear away all the defences Jean and Jose have built up over the years, and perhaps we can see them for who they really are.
And if they can survive this, perhaps they'll be better people becuasde they can learn to be more honest with themselves (Jean is always hiding behind his mask and Jose is replacing Enrica with Henrietta).

Sure it has a 'few' plotholes (most of my ideas have more holes than a seive), but it's fanfiction.

Anyway, I've decided this will be last post detailing an idea for a while (I keep spewing them out so fast the the old ones don't get enough time to have been discussed). No more ideas until the 14th... unless I get a really good one, then I'll reconsider my no posting policy.

---

Trapped in a dream

---

Inspired by a quest mission from Elder Scrolls IV.

This senatrio can occure in several ways;
(1) One of the girls (the subject) goes in to revieve a special experimental enhancement to their brain that supposedly allows her to network with the SWA system
(2) Claes lends her book to the subject (or if she is the subject, she reads it herself) where she reads some special magic passage that at first has seemingly no effect.
(3) Some other method

Anyway, whatever the case the fun really kicks in when 'the subject' falls asleep. The magic curse/new network capability/ whatever kicks in/malfunctions and sucks the conciousness of three-five other helpless targets (be they her handlers, her cyborg sisters, or a combination of the lot) into her mindscape.

Stuck in an unfamiliar world, the heroes (henceforth referred to as the party) are stuck in whatever twisted reality they have been sucked into. As time 'does not pass' in this world (somehow they are to discern this fact) the party will be trapped in this mindscape for an eternity unless they fulfill some sort of quest, all the while dodging monsterous manisfestations of the conditioning in the subject's mind.

This si a very flexible senario as it can either be a very action oriented adventure or a thought provoking jaunt into one of the girls minds. Examples...

Henrietta;
Henrietta's world is that of the SWA HQ but most of the doors are locked. The party have to slowly find the 'keys' to those doors, sometimes in the form of her poressions or literally keys that when touched give a certain memory or emotion, to help Henrietta come to terms problems...
memories of her rape and loss of her family, her insecurity of her place around Jose, perhaps some other problem she has...
And not to mention it might be a learning experience for the party themselves. Jose might learn that he has not been as honest with Henrietta was he would have liked, Triela might be forced to confront her own hark past while healing Henrietta's, Claes learns she has repressed memories of her own, and so on.
This senario is probably a more thought provoking one and would help if serreal enviroments are used in Menrietta's mindscape ala MC Escher that become more orginiased as Henrietta' mind is put together.
And no monsters in this mindscape, the conditioning manefests itself in
the form of endless staircases, coridoors that stretch on forverer,
etc...

Angelica

For the more action oriented, the patry is dropped in Angie's besidged Pasta castle/mindscape with hordes of faceless conidtioning monsters easting away at the battlements... the last bastion of the sanity in Angies' mind is just about to fall.
Armed with infinite ammo and an ever stocked armory of guns, the party must fend off the millions of faceless monsters and save Angies' life.
Although the world is at first in black and white and white (colorless) the more they push the hordes back and retake the pasta kingdom (with some intresting fantasy enviroment, each location representing a portion of Angie's personality) color slowly filters back into the scenery.
The party retakes the Pasta kingdom (naturally with a massive body count of slain foes) from the hordes... and they wake up as if it were all a dream. The awaked party try and laugh it off... until they find Angie has miraculously regained all her memory and is expected to make a full recovery, the degrading effects of conditioning on her body having been revered completely. Even the scientists are amazed. Later they find she went and wrote a novel length feature on their exploits. An action flick indeed.

Just one final ideas...

Claes - Raballo's room as a hub, Silent Hill 4 style exploration to a subway station, her fishing spot, the gun range, her overgrown vegetable garden, etc...

Triela - Mass of darkend corridoors, an insecurity hidden behind every corridoor (I can imagine this to be very much like Henrietta's)

Rico - This will be interesting. The SWA HQ is the hub, locations to visit... the hotel (her guilt over Emilio), the medical compound (my body is the best!), Sicilian villia/deserted teatre + surrounings (I want Jean's acknolegement more)... and similar stuff.

Hillshire - Triela pops into her handlers mind... *runs away from idea*.

---

Anyway like I said, this is an intresting and very flexible plot that can be used in a multitude of ways. I'll leave you guys to discuss it. Cheers!

DIT - Did anyone like the Hank Wimbleton as a combat instructor idea? That man can really fight.

sasahara17

Forum Posts : 1001

Registration date : 2007-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by boomer_gonz Mon 3 Dec 2007 - 4:02

3klicks wrote: One damn good idea for a story.

Triela as a capo, that is an idea that I may even run with a bit. If nothing else it gives us a reason to use this image for a little inspiration.

boomer_gonz

Forum Posts : 2574

Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Mon 3 Dec 2007 - 14:32

Scared cow or not, its my opinion and belief that some things should not be tampered with. The Enrika story sounds good, and may even be better if some work is put into it, but we as fanfict authors have to realize that this somebody else's work we are playing with (1) and we should respect that work (2). To those in the know of the story's creation know that it is an AU story, but what about the other readers? Some take this stuff to be too literal, others take it upon themselves to take an AU story and continue it further, and even disrespecting the original works and the fanfict for the sake of self hyper-angst expression. There are some really sick minds out there and I for one do not want to place bait for them to grab on.

But thats my opinion. Nobody else as to agree with me and the creator (sasahara17 in this case) should not stop because of it. I hope he does a good job with it actually.

I know, I know...

Paranoia
Will Destroy Ya!

ElfenMagix

Forum Posts : 5682

Registration date : 2007-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 3 Dec 2007 - 15:27

boomer_gonz wrote:
boomer_gonz wrote:
3klicks wrote: One damn good idea for a story.

Triela as a capo, that is an idea that I may even run with a bit. If nothing else it gives us a reason to use this image for a little inspiration.
Are you talking about the Trieal as the adopted daughter and successor of a mafia boss idea? She actually fits the role quite nicely already, with her looks and attitude. Heres a bunch of pics:

Idea and concept generation - Page 5 47254082pc5

Idea and concept generation - Page 5 11333375vm5

Idea and concept generation - Page 5 14029593fm2

As to the deformation of cannon, it's inevitable. Fanfictions will always bend one way or another, and then inspire other fanfictions. Soon there is a specific mythology on FFnet surrounding any particular series that is quite appart from cannon (if not contradicting it); especailly concerning old series. So, you can keep your own stuff as accurate as you can, if you want to, but you centainly can't stop the process. There are big holes in the Enrica idea. The biggest being that Jean and Jose (the only survivors) would be asked to identify the bodies, and after a bombing those bodies would be pretty mauled. But, if written in a loose, comic, or experimental convention it could work. The idea I got was that the FR could try to confuse the brothers by using an impersinator. Then you could develop a pretty complex plot around both their psyhological reactions (whether they logically knwo she is dead or not, it will still have a hell of an effect), and the girl herself, who may have complex reasons to side with the FR and develop even more complex resons to oppose them.

But, whatever.

Back to top Go down

Post by emperor Tue 4 Dec 2007 - 2:50

sasahara17 wrote:Idea; Enrica Croche, 5R Agent?

I've gone off the rocker here.

This is actually an adaptation of an Idea I had for Tsukihime but never got around to talking about. It's not actually suited for this enviroment, so there are holes in it.

The Croche incident was thought to have left only two survivors. There were three. Enrica Croche, greviously wounded and somehow still alive, was rescued a few of the more empathic 5R rebels and nursed back to health without realizing who she is.

Initially hostile to them believing her brothers to have been killed too, she warms uup to her immediate saviors after a while. After a few years, she begins to suffer from stockholm syndrome becuase of people like Franca and Frano's conviction in tgheir cause. A few years after that, she starts to take a liking to their ideas when she sees the extent of tyhe corruption in the government and the 'toll on the common people'.

A few years after that...

She's planting bombs, helping plan assassinations on prominent cabinet ministers, stealing gorvernment documents and generally making a name for herself as a 5R operative under her new alias (Enrica isn't stupid enougth to give them her full name, especially if her savior realized who she was but played by the old chinese adage of 'If you save a life... take care of it' some something like that).

One day she's given a mission to plant a car bomb in the car of the second in command of the SWA. Assuming Jean is just a code name like Hillshire, Enrica does Not reliae who she's about to kill and prepares to make this giovernment turd hamburger...

...and the day before the operation the girls bust in and she's shot (not fatally) and promptly taken into custody by the SWA. Not good.

Taken for Interrogation, Jean is offered the dubious honor of interrogating the master mind behind his assassination. Of course, ever the 5R hater, Jean happily accepts.

He walks into the interoogation chamber to do some head bashing and ear cutting when he sees a ghost staing back at him, and she's just as suprised by this development as he is. Then Rico goes up and commences the inerrogation the only way she knows how...

Yes, I am evil.

After that... who knows?

Put Jose and Hernietta on an all expences paid trip to some foriegn country where they dropped their mobiles into coffee. Jean a few weeks of fretting 'The hell am I going to tell Jose?' before the man himself comes back.

---

Just so you know, my orginal Idea in the TM verse was an OC from the Nanaya clan, preferably Shiki's older sister who wats to shag him (who doesn't?), surviving the massicure and being taken to some far away country to be raised.
Learning all kinds of assassination art as well as some skills that fly in the face of traditional Nanaya customs (guns, lots of guns) she plots her revenge. When she retuns to Japan to finally get vengence, she immediately decides to make her first kill the little turd of the Thono family who has dared take her 'late little brother's' name.
Shiki on the other hand has just managed to stabalise his harem (for now) and wants some peace and quiet.
OC charges in, gets her ass handed to her by Shinso princess, Curry maniac nun and Flatboard sister, and is affected by the Tohno gland. Shiki never catches a break.

I'm interested.❤

emperor

Forum Posts : 1638

Registration date : 2007-09-09
Your character
OC genger:

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Thu 6 Dec 2007 - 6:11

3klicks wrote:As to the deformation of cannon, it's inevitable. Fanfictions will always bend one way or another, and then inspire other fanfictions. Soon there is a specific mythology on FFnet surrounding any particular series that is quite appart from cannon (if not contradicting it); especailly concerning old series. So, you can keep your own stuff as accurate as you can, if you want to, but you centainly can't stop the process.

Hn? I've never noticed that happening in most communities, but now that you mention it, Meir is quite universal as Emilio's re-animated zombie. There's an idea... but I'm unsure it's nessasary.

We could make a thread detailing all the established fan created mythos to be a one stop shop for furture refence, from notable (fan created) events to OCs. But we already have an OC thread though, so maybe just modifiying it will suffice.

Triela as a gangster sounds rad.

sasahara17

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Thu 6 Dec 2007 - 6:54

sasahara17 wrote:Triela as a gangster sounds rad.
I guess I'd rather get the kiss of death from a cutie like Triela, as opposed to someone like Al Pacino.

Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Forum Posts : 2609

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 6 Dec 2007 - 10:51

sasahara17 wrote:
Hn? I've never noticed that happening in most communities, but now
that you mention it, Meir is quite universal as Emilio's re-animated
zombie. There's an idea... but I'm unsure it's nessasary.

We
could make a thread detailing all the established fan created mythos to
be a one stop shop for furture refence, from notable (fan created)
events to OCs. But we already have an OC thread though, so maybe just
modifiying it will suffice.
There are some big things sometimes, but mostly it's details that get shoved around. It's not necessarilly a bad thing, since fanfictions explore what could happen and how things could look like rather then just writing down the events of the series, but people should keep the reference point in mind. (I am no less guilty of twisting cannon then the next guy, of course.) It's actually hard to explain. I guess, one of the examples is when certain phrazes and descriptive words that don't really fit appear in a popular piece and are replicated over and over again untill they become the standard description for that character or that event in a series. It's mostly due to my hard ass pickiness as to what I believe is the true face of a series (and I may be wrong).

Blah, too many words. In short, it's no big deal. Just important to rewatch/read the series every now and then so that when we write we are using the original as reference more then other fanfictions.

Danjo3 wrote:I guess I'd rather get the kiss of death from a cutie like Triela, as opposed to someone like Al Pacino.
That's a no brainer. Smile Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Thu 6 Dec 2007 - 11:09

For some reason this reminds me of a scene from Smokin' Aces

An assassin has just killed this security guard. The guard asks him if he's going to die. The assassian tells him he is dying. Then tells him to closes his eyes. Then he says something like, "You don't want this to be the last face you see alive. Heaven may hold it against you."

Totally bad ass scene.

Wileama
Sith Lord

Forum Posts : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 6 Dec 2007 - 21:01

My action of bringing Emilio back from the dead as Meir in 'Battlezone' cannot truly be called screwing with canon. While it is implied that Rico killed Emilio outright at Episode Three's climax, the actual act is never shown - there's nothing to conclusively say that Emilio was merely mortally wounded, and hence still left intact enough to be salvaged and roboticized by Childville.

Hell, there's even nothing to conclusively say that Rico even pulled the trigger. Before I wrote 'Battlezone', I drafted out a script in which Rico let her Emilio escape unharmed, with her tearfully explaining what she was and how their relationship would never work out, and with him sorrowfully promising never to reveal her secret - the tears that Rico sheds later in the episode were thus those of mourning the love that could have been theirs, not tears of guilt at having shot her new friend.

But obviously, I ditched this concept as soon as I came up with the bigger, better deal. If anybody wants to use it, go ahead.

None of my stories have ever mucked around with canon, and none ever will.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider
KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Male

Forum Posts : 5722

Fan of : Gunslinger Girl, Transformers: Animated

Original Characters : Liesel/Altheus, Meir/Kathryn, Aharon/Nadia, Cosette/Janus

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Idea and concept generation - Page 5 Empty story idea

Post by Guest Thu 6 Dec 2007 - 21:18

Here is an idea I had for a gunslinger gir fic I am thinking of writing let me know if you think it is any good. The basic premise is that the social welfare agency is exposed and now multiple factions are chasing the girls across europe to obtain the secret of their cyborization. So let me know what you think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Thu 6 Dec 2007 - 21:24

You know what I think when I see Rico getting ready to shoot Emilio? I think, your aiming to low. Looks like she's going to hit him in the chest, or jaw. Jeeze, at least let him go without suffer. I mean you've already broken his heart Rico. No need to make it literal to. I like to think she corrected her aim before pulling the trigger.

Rico letting Emilio escape hu? Jean said shoot anyone who sees you during the job. Rico is much more heavily conditioned then Triela. I don't care who it is: love of her life, first heart throb, even her own mother. Their going to get shoot.

**Edit**
Wait, who is this. A new person, making their first post. AWESOME. Welcome. Anyway it sure has potential. Devils really in the details though.

Last edited by on Thu 6 Dec 2007 - 21:27; edited 1 time in total
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Fan of : Triela

Original Characters : Marcello

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Thu 6 Dec 2007 - 21:27

I see where you're aiming with the whole thing about Rico being heavily conditioned, Wileama. The aim I had when drafting that script, however, was proving that our killer cyber-tots are still human under the surface, no matter how heavily roboticized or doped they may be.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Comments : The Living Legend. Master of Darkness. Trailblazer par excellence. Fear him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Thu 6 Dec 2007 - 21:29

Fair enough nachtsider. I'm just sayin' it's kind of a stretch. They are human, but they remain tools
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Comments : Everybody's favorite crew chief. Without him, the flyboys are powerless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 6 Dec 2007 - 21:43

after thinking it over i decided that i might need to go into a little more depth on my story idea about having the swa and the girls exposed. Most of the stories longer action adventure stories I have seen thus far deal with bringing in a new operative to the swa or deal with other countries having their own cyborgs. I want to do something different and do the how and why of the girls being exposed and what would happen in the aftermath
1- Triella and Claes discover an intentional flaw to the conditioning process. They discover that a biotech firm has been using the swa to test new conditioning drugs and cyberization technology
2- The company then exposes the swa inorder to collect the girls for experimentation and perfecting a cyborg soldier to start a new arms race.
3- The girls with their handlers help escape out of the country with the mafia, pandania, the italian goverment, and the biotech firm chasing after them.
4- fight to survive and fix the conditioning process
5- stop the destablization of europe
so let me know what you think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 6 Dec 2007 - 21:58

Hmm...
- You might want to think of some explenation for why a private firm is being used, or at least why said firm is not under tight control of the government. A totalitarian state (and if that's not what Itally in the GSG universe is, then that's where it's headed) does not trust easily and likes to keep it's organization on a short leash.
- I'm not sure about your second point. Why will exposing the girls be good for that firm, as far as capturing them is concerned? Will the firm be able to convince the the people who they will be exposing the girls? (13 year old cyborg-girl assassins are not something you can make someone believe without good evidence, and if the firm only supplies products then it won't necessarilly have those.) If the firm does expose the project it will make an enemy of both the SWA and the Italian government. Unless they are some extremely powerful people they will be dead in teh matter of days.
- Why would the girls be running from the Italian gov. which they are serving (why would the Italian gov be a threat to them)?

- The concept of the girls running away with their handlers and travelling around Europ will make a good adventure fic, and offer a lot of possibilities. I like it. (You also need to solve the problem of neccessary drug injections.)

All of this is perfectly fixable. It's just that I think you should do some rationalizing in those areas to make the plot more solid. (Maybe you already have, but it's not in your post.)

Anyway, the last thing I want to be is discouraging, so go for it. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 6 Dec 2007 - 22:35

You make a good point and I have some of it fleshed out already. My setup was that the biotech firm was invovled with the creation of the swa in the first place. After seeing the success of the girls in combat they want the whole package so they can market it as a new weapons system to the highest bidder and start a new arms race. The company orchistrates a very public confrontation with the pandania and mafia so the government can not discount the events as urban legend. The backlash from the event will force the government to shutdown the swa to hide their invovlement to the international community and allow the biotech firm to collect the girls. This way they end up with the pandania after them for revenge, the mafia trying to recruit them, the italian government trying to cover thier tracks, and lastly the biotech firm trying to recover their investment (its not good for bussiness to have rouge weapons on the loose. As for the drug injections my theory is that the conditioning drugs were used for control and performance enhancement so after a nasty period of withdrawl and gene therapy by friendsly docs (if they can make cyborgs they can alter a few genes) they would be free of the need for repeated injections.

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Thu 6 Dec 2007 - 23:18

Oh? Activity on the Idea thread! A new person! yippie!

crazyidiot78 wrote:after thinking it over i decided that i might need to go into a little more depth on my story idea about having the swa and the girls exposed... so let me know what you think.
It's a great idea. I'd like to see you have a go at this. Out of curiosity, are you just going to tour Europe, or will you step off the continent as well? Alaska or Siberia sound like good places to hide.

crazyidiot78 wrote:You make a good point and I have some of it
fleshed out already. My setup was that the biotech firm was invovled
with the creation of the swa in the first place.... As for the drug
injections my theory is that the conditioning drugs were used for
control and performance enhancement so after a nasty period of
withdrawl and gene therapy by friendsly docs (if they can make cyborgs
they can alter a few genes) they would be free of the need for repeated
injections.
Your evil phamaceudial company reminded me of one Umbrella Corpoation for some reason. Just a thought, but perhaps the cyborgs are just one of the many projects they are looking into and there are actually more (but obviously less successful) 'investments'. A super soldier program or a mutant attack animals perhaps?
Too much Survival Horror. Pardon me.

The elimination of the drug relaince is a inevitability for any cyborg wanting to survive without support for any period of time... I have no problems with that. You just have to make it sound reasonable, that's all (therin les the challenge).
More importantly, you'll have to figure out how to deal with the Carbon Fiber limbs/Synthetic organs, they don't maintain themselves like normal organic ones. I think that's the bigger problem they'll have to deal with. It is possible to get over this hurdle though although the believability meter will always be your enemy here.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Fan of : GSGs? Claes-sama and Elsa-chan. Outside that? Bloodhound Jr. and Saber

Original Characters : Wilfred Sheppard, I-CARE agent.

Comments : A walking idea powerhouse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 6 Dec 2007 - 23:51

Modern artifical hearts and lungs are designed to last for many years, so that's not much of a problem. What is problematic is when they fight. Normally they would use rather reckless methods, using their arms as shields against bullets. One of the big strong points of the cyborgs is that while a human would be out of the business, possibly for years they can get repaired in the manner of days. However, without support the girls will have to take better care of their bodies.

I still think the Italian gov. would be more likely order the girls to dissapear (like in the co-author fanfic) untill the whole matter is glazed over. The massess rise up in anger quickly, but they forget all about things, when a new sensation hits the streets, just as fast. If the main scandal will be the public then the problem is far too little for a government that controls practically all the madia and doesn't waver at using brutall control methods. Foreign governments taking interest in the girls might be enough to force the gov to do something as drastick as shipping them out of the country.

It all also depends what you intend the tone and mood to be. The more serious the more the plot should be believable and sound, but if it is more on the light, comic side you can relax that part.

I'm curious if you have ideas as to the cyborg/handler relationship. This seems pretty much like a story made to develop this part. The cyborg and handler will be on the run, having only eachother to trust, they will travel through different countries, and, also, the effects of the conditioning will be weakened by the drug not being administered (although this is pretty much up to your interpretation. We've had a lot of discussions as to the conditioning and drug, and although we've fleshed out a general image, we disagree on many details that there's hardly any proof to decide on.)

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 4:50

3klicks wrote:Modern artifical hearts and lungs are...not much of a problem. What is problematic is when they fight. Normally they would use rather reckless methods...However, without support the girls will have to take better care of their bodies.
It's a big weakness of the girls that they tend to soak up damage instead of trying to dodge. True that normally a single trip to the infirmary/science faculty and they're good as new, but in cases where they lack support this becomes a serious issue. You are correct in saying that their artificial limbs would last if they did not engage in battle for a period of time, however from what... golly what should I call you, crazyidiot?... seemed to be suggesting seems to be a combat intensive jaunt across the planet.
I'm guessing that the girls will experience their fair share of wear and tear on those limbs, and since those limbs don't heal as well as normal flesh and blood limbs (if at all, carbon fiber lacks regen capabilities), the Girls will be having a rough time. Besides, running around with your body slowly shutting down on you makes for good suspence. That bullet is still lodged in Triela's leg! Rico's right eye just went blind! Henrietta's hand went limb in the middle of a firefight becuase of that fall she took earlier!
3klicks wrote:I still think the Italian gov. would be more likely order the girls to dissapear (like in the co-author fanfic) untill the whole matter is glazed over...Foreign governments taking interest in the girls might be enough to force the gov to do something as drastick as shipping them out of the country.
This might not be a problem if they had underground government support. However I'm sure things will still be rough. Gotta make my hands and feet last until the next rendebous location/checkpoint where Bianchi has some fresh supplies... Feels like a video game that way.
As for the public outcry, I'm not very sure the international community will sit on their butts so quietly if this came out. It's new it straight out of a sci-fi novel, a violation of human rights on every possible level AND one hell of a conspiracy... If their cover is blown, there will be an immense public backlash of unheard off proportions. Sure I'll die down... eventually (not very soon, about a couple of years to half a decade at least for it to become a memory), but there will be people who still remember... and those types are dangerous for people in that buisness. Man are they going to have to go underground.
3klicks wrote:I'm curious if you have ideas as to the cyborg/handler relationship.
3-klicks is right in that eveyone has a diffrent view on how conditioning affects the girls. I'd like to see you view on this crazyidiot, especially if the girls and their handlers are on the run.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I promised myself I dound not do this until the exams are over, but
hell I just gotta do it. From my correspondence with Wileama, I bring
you...

--

New Idea; Battle Royale, Gunslinger Girl style

--

I am posting this on Wileama's suggestion. feel free to pick it apart whenever you wish.

Some
psycho went and passed the B.R. act in an foreign country and an
Italian national attending class there was an unfortunate member of this year's selected
Class.

Being an Italian national, the Italian ambassador in that country kicked up a
hell of a fuss, but those bloodthirsty madmen started the program
anyway. Why should they care? It's just a kid. And so the 1st day dawns...

51 students 'destined for death', 1 survivor, 1 cyborg… what?

Yep, the
ambassador was so pissed that the sixteen year old Italian girl/guy was
entered into that game of death, he asked his bosses ‘what the hell we
do about this? We can't just leave the kid there on good concience.
It's both wrong AND an insult to our nation's soverienity.’ Someone
obviously heard the man. At the risk of creating an international
incident, the
SWA insert a single extra ordinary junior operative into the Island
where the students are killing each other to ensure the survivor is
their citizen.

So wither as a guest player (like one that psycho in the movie) or as
an undetected shadow like the infamous alien predator, the cyborg is
scampering around the island,
rigging the game in favor of the Italian schoolperson (the cyborg now
has a reinforced neck for when the bomb goes off). Even if at least
half the class are armed with heavy weapons and the other half might be
crazy, it should be a cakewalk...

...except their
favored candidate is the stereotypical Shuuya Nanaharao is willing to
lay his/her life down
for his/her friends, Shogo Kawada style. Not good especially when the
cyborg will have to kill those friends eventually. So how does the
cyborg complete the mission? Hell, can the cyborg even survive on an
island of desprate kids with bombs on their necks?

---

This has so many holes in it, but hell we can talk about it anyway.

---

I have the F.E.A.R. corssover idea in my head, but Wileama hasn't
played it to the end yet (awesome game, nail gun is the do damn sweer!)
so I'm hesitant to put it up since the story was one of the main draws
(for me at least).
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danjo3 Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 5:55

sasahara17 wrote:It's new it straight out of a sci-fi novel, a violation of human rights on every possible level AND one hell of a conspiracy... If their cover is blown, there will be an immense public backlash of unheard off proportions.
You ain't just whistlin' Dixie. I have no doubt that several countries, the U.S. being one of them, would be comparing Italy to Nazi Germany.
Danjo3
Danjo3
The Voice of Reason

Male

Forum Posts : 2609

Fan of : Hillshire/Triela

Original Characters : Biff & Little Britney

Comments : OC hater par excellence.

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 6:10

Danjo3 wrote:
sasahara17 wrote:It's new it straight out of a sci-fi novel, a violation of human rights on every possible level AND one hell of a conspiracy... If their cover is blown, there will be an immense public backlash of unheard off proportions.
You ain't just whistlin' Dixie. I have no doubt that several countries, the U.S. being one of them, would be comparing Italy to Nazi Germany.
Can't thake the credit for this one. Wileama was the one that got me thinking about this. Anyhow, assuming in this universe the US don;t have their own cyborg agancy (and are just kicking up a fuss to cover thier own asses), they'll obviously send a team of highly trained specialists to acquire one of the girls along with every other superpower. How thes this team operate? What do they do? How do they adapt? I've got one such group in 'Marked', but I can imagine handling a small army of these specialists all working against each other to gain the vaulted prize first will me no small feat.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 10:14

Here is my view on the cyberization process that I will be using in the previously stated fanfic that I am considering. The manga states that the girls are 50% artificial and 50% normal. The implants that they do show seem to be very organic in nature so my thoughts are that they have perfected or at least have very advanced cloning and stem cell technology in the gunslinger universe. This allows the implants to be grown on carbon fiber frames (replacing collagen and other connective tissues) so there structural integrity is higher but it still allows for normal biological function. Carbon nano tubules also do not activate the immune system so there is little chance of rejection. Now when ever they are hurt they could heal some what normaly but the base structure would be damaged reducing or stopping the enhanced function of the organ hence the need to get it replaced. This would allow for minor injuries to heal normaly while major ones would cause replacement of the damaged part. The enhanced abilities would come from their muscles being partialy replaced with a contractile gel which from what I have read is at least as strong as normal human muscles so it is no stretch to believe that these artificial muscles are how the girls are so strong. The original muscle would remain to allow for nervous system inervation as messing with the nervous system would be very tricky. Also they do not seem to require a large electrical current to work so there is no need for a battery or other extra energy system which does not appear in gun slinger girl anyway.

As for the condtionining drugs
1- psychoactive drugs to enhance the handler cyborg bond
2- reduce the cyborg emotional affect- highly emotional killers aren't as effective
3- performance enhancing
4- cessation of the aging process- it isn't cost effective to have your weapon constantly in repair during growth spurts etc etc
5-

The conditioning drugs are the easiest plot hurdle to rectify by having them go through a long and painful withdrawl and detox system. (tremors, fever, dementia, anxiety, pain, etc)

As for the body repair that would be acomplished by their own body for the biological parts and I am planning on having them aquire nanites to repair the non biological parts. I don't feel that this is a large stretch since this the original story has sci-fi elements with the whole cyberization process.

I am planning to have a darker tone with it being 60% drama 40% action so there will be action but not alot of drawn out gunslinging fire fights. The idea was for the story to have a tom clancy type feel to it and focus more on the girls trying to survive and obtain a normal life.

I am still rethinking how the itialian and other governments will play in the story but you have given me some things to think about. At least initialy I'll have sections of the italian government against them due to corruption. The USA will be after them because they want cyberization technology for their own purposes. Some countries will want them destroyed in a lets put the cat back in the bag mentality. Others will help them due to the beneficial impact their technology will have on the world (replacement limbs/ transplant organs/ etc) This will give me a good mix of ideas to play with and I think would closely match what could happen if a situation like this happened in real life. (just look at the response to stem cell research, some hate it, some like it, and some just don't care)

I haven't decided where to start the story yet but it will most likely be either after the anime or after volume 5 of the manga. So the cyborgs involved will be triella, rico, angelica, claes, henrietta, and beatrice.

I hope this answers everyones questions although I bet I have made a few more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 13:09

sasahara17 wrote:Can't thake the credit for this one. Wileama was the one that got me thinking about this.
I did? I'm either really tired, or even more awesome then I remember. Well I suppose we did graze the subject. I was thinking more along the lines of what it takes for the public to realize what's happening. Yeah the public wouldn't respond kindly though to the SWA.

The international community would of course admonish Italy. A policy of internal assassination is bad enough. Using killer kids makes is super bad. Though while they all scold Italy, every covert agency around the world is thinking, how do I get me on of those. Some will try to deal with Italy for the tech in a legitimate trade. Others will try to steal the research data, or depending on the situation on of the rogue girls. Those who take the tech may try to make the program more morally acceptable though. Or they may just save money, and go the proven route.

sasahara17 wrote:I have the F.E.A.R. corssover idea in my head, but Wileama hasn't
(for me at least).
Well isn't there a spoiler tag in here some where?
Spoiler:
So just spoiler away any of the major plot twists in fear.

3klicks wrote:I still think the Italian gov. would be more likely order the girls to dissapear (like in the co-author fanfic) untill the whole matter is glazed over.
Well it depends on what kind of disappear their aim for. There is a kind of disappear where the agency just lays low for a while. There is another of disappear where the entire program vanish, and the Italian government plays stupid. This kind of disappear works best when the disappeared are dead. There is also another kind where you call it a rogue element of the government, and make the people doing/responsible criminals. The handlers would go to jail, and the girls would be nicely taken care of for the remainder of their short lives. Of course the girls would rather go to hell then let their handlers go to jail.

You'll have to excuse me I'm on hour 17 of an attempt to stay up 23 hours. I'm starting to get a little zany, so you'll excuse me if spouting semi-coherent idea's a bit...
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 15:02

Wileama wrote:
sasahara17 wrote:Can't take...credit for this one. Wileama...got me thinking about this.
I did? I'm either...we did graze the subject. I was thinking more along the lines of what it takes for the public to realize what's happening. Yeah the public wouldn't respond kindly though to the SWA.
That's what I was referring to Wil. I considered that for a bit, and suddenly realized how much shit they would be in if the word ever got out a government agancy is using adolecent cyborg supersoldiers. what's alreadfy been said here only scratches the surface of what would happen.

Wileama wrote:
sasahara17 wrote:I have the F.E.A.R. corssover idea in my head, but Wileama hasn't
(for me at least).
Well isn't there a spoiler tag in here some where?
Spoiler:
So just spoiler away any of the major plot twists in fear.
Thanks again Wileama.

Your idea is slowly coming together crazyidiot. I'm out of ideas on that subject at the moment, but I'll help you when I can get get some.

---
Idea; F.E.A.R.

---

One
of the girls takes the place of the point man in F.E.A.R. Nuff said.

The key elements for this to work will be...
+The clone army will have to be replaced with some other less numerous threat (perhaps a machine ghost messing with the program on expermimental military killbots or Hank J Wilbleton clones).
+The Point Man replacement will have to be a girl whose past is very uncretain, Claes is a good choice, although Rico could work too with a little tweaking.
Spoiler:
+Backup lasts longer in this story. At least have the heroine talk to them for a bit before they become red pools of on the floor.
+Heroine has to either favor logic over the supernatural (Claes) or ardently believe that ghosts do not exist (Treila) and express thier views as such. Then of couse, she meets Alma.

GSG assigned to fear, GSG encounters supernatural beasts, GSG gets the sh*t scared out of her, GSG frees Alma from prison…
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 17:03

After talking to my brother who knows more about politics than I do he told me there is a UN regulation against using child soldiers

United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, Art. 38, (1989) proclaimed: "State parties shall take all feasible measures to ensure that persons who have not attained the age of 15 years do not take a direct part in hostilities."

I would imagine that being found in violation of this would be very damaging for the government

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 17:13

Yeah, but the UN isn't nearly as cool as it is in anime. The UN lacks any real teeth to enforce any of it's conventions and resolutions. It's done some good work, but it's been limited especially after the end of the cold war. That being said I'm sure Italy would suffer political fall out from that particular convention, but it would hardly be the end of the world for Italy. The public would have tossed the prime minister, and most of the senate regardless.

21 hours conscious, and I feel like eating my mouse....
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 17:26

Thats true and I don't think many countries would stop trading with Italy because the profit loss would be to great

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 18:47

sasahara17 wrote:That's what I was referring to Wil. I considered that for a bit, and
suddenly realized how much shit they would be in if the word ever got
out a government agancy is using adolecent cyborg supersoldiers. what's
alreadfy been said here only scratches the surface of what would happen.

crazyidiot78 wrote:Thats true and I don't think many countries would stop trading with Italy because the profit loss would be to great

Very ture. Look at China. They're doing all sorts of things that would never pass a sane egzamination as far as human rights are concerned, but no one will do anything about it.

Also, I'm not sure if you know, but the US is violating tons of previously signed agreements in their arms industry. Everything from the lowest caliber bullet that's allowed to bear an explosive charge to the prohibition of reaserch into military use of weather control (using airborne substances and/or radiation).

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 20:09

crazyidiot78 wrote:Thats true and I don't think many countries would stop trading with Italy because the profit loss would be to great
Well I'm sure the world governments will at least start thowing the ideas around in public to give it lip service, expecially now Italy has one hell of a barganing chip (cybrog tech is a wild card to most nations at that stage, Itialy can play the girls up as unstoppable killing machines as opposed to the specilised force multipliers they are). It's not what they're saying to the public where things start to liven up.

And I think ousting the PM is not going to happen. If his brief appreareance in the manga is any indicator the man is a sociopath (one of his bodyguards just bought it, and the first thing he asks is 'did anyone get that one tape? we did? lets use it.'), he'd shift the blame onto some poor sucker and make the scapegoat get crucified by the public. Or if he can't hang onto his job despite his best efforts, install a figurehead he can control. The PM looks like the kind of guy who will hang onto power, even if he doesn't officially have it. Any plan he has to save his own skin will envolve some detirmental effect on the SWA, so you might want to keep that in mind crazyidiot.

P.S. What should I call you? C.I.? No way in hell am I going to keep calling someone an idiot when I don't mean it.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 20:20

I was going to write how difficult it would be to put the Italian PM in a position in which he would let go of his precious weapons, but thats pretty much been covered.

One idea is to make the SWA or the handlers misunderstand teh situation. In political social chaos lots of misconceptions can occur. The Handlers might think that there is a very real danger of the cyborgs, and maybe themselves as well, being killed as part of the cover up. In that case they would run for it, and even though the Itallian gov. had no such plans they will have no way of contacting them. Noticing Italian intelligence on their tales will only reafirm the fratellos in their mistaken conviction.

Lot's of other interesting mixups can occur. For example some other nation may notice that a fratello has gotten in and think it's something that it is not. Anyway, lots of possibilities.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 20:29

Sasahara17 you make a good point about the world government and the PM. I could write the PM as being on the take so he would not want his secrets exposed as it would end his career. On a second note where do you think would be a good place to start the story I have seen the anime and have read the manga to just before petrushka joins. I like what happens in volumes 3,4,5 but I had the thought of using what happens in those volumes as the start of the story.
1- Rico discovering some info during her interigation (beat down) of the army officer
2- Pinochio being sent to kill triela (in some ways she comes off as the leader of girls at several points)
3- the scene with maco and his old girlfriend and have her ask about swa asking about the biotech firm connection

Or I can start past those points and find another way to start

You call call me CI for short if you want. I couldnt think of anything for a name so I used crazyidiot which is an in joke my friends have for me since I have a tendency to do really dumb things on mountain bikes, rollerblades and skis ussually doing it when or where most reasonable people don't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 20:58

sasahara17 wrote:It's a big weakness of the girls that they tend to soak up damage instead of trying to dodge.

A running gag in all my major stories involves the enemy - be it terrorists, mobsters or what-have-you - shitting their pants with sheer terror and amazement upon noticing that the lead they flung at their cyborg opponents caused them no harm.

Why bother dodging bullets when they can't hurt you?
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 22:36

Nachtsider wrote:
sasahara17 wrote:It's a big weakness of the girls that they tend to soak up damage instead of trying to dodge.

A running gag in all my major stories involves the enemy - be it terrorists, mobsters or what-have-you - shitting their pants with sheer terror and amazement upon noticing that the lead they flung at their cyborg opponents caused them no harm.

Why bother dodging bullets when they can't hurt you?
I recall that being a favorite tatic of one Nosferatu Alucard. And yes, knowing your weapons has an 'ass all effect' on your foe is will scare the crap out of you. Ever played the Battlefied 2 Zombie Mod? The Zombies are nigh invincible.
I gave a Zed head a tank round to the face and he still didn't flinch. This was after I got tired of empting belt after belt of M60 ammo into one and not seeing any result. After that, was it any wonder I took out the bridge instead of trying to hold it? Five infantrymen on one Zed, and the Zed is still the one with better odds.

I refer to that as a weakness becuase unlike Alucard, the girls do feel it, and it does hurt them. It's just that the conditioning regulates these injures from becing a knock out event into a minor inconvenience. They can go for a quick patch (they's why bthey are cyborgs) and boom! Good as new.

Except when you're on the run, you don't have that magic 100% HP refill First Aid Function. Any injury you get is going to stick. And the worst part is, it all adds up since they don't heal properly.

I'm going to refer to my fanfic now, so if it offends you, turn away.
Spoiler:
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 22:44

I'm looking very hard for a reference in canon that states the girls feel any pain when being shot. I thought the drugs were supposed to deaden all such sensation.

And where *actual damage* is concerned - weren't the girls supposed to have armor beneath their skins? How else could you explain Elsa, Rico and Triela blocking all those slugs?
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 22:49

In the anime episode 11 Henreitta tells Elanora that when she gets hurt she bleeds but the pain always goes away quickly. This leads me to believe that they can get hurt and feel pain but it takes a serious amount of force to do it and the pain level will be reduced.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 22:54

My Mandarin-dubbed copy of the anime has Henrietta saying: "I do bleed, but I never feel any pain." This, of course, differs from what she says in the manga, which jibes with your post.

Sometimes I wish I'd waited for the proper English stuff to be released before writing fanfiction. Oy.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 22:59

Hm... I recall Triela saying something along the lines of 'It doesn't hurt anymore' to Mario in Vol 1 while she was rescuing him. In that episiode, she was hit several times in a gunfight in her arm, and they were clearly bleeding. It seemed to her it was a minor annoyance during the fight, but after the battle she took what seemed to be a much neede dbreatherl. This says to me she either felt something when she was hit OR her Period was even worse than she made it out to be (which is equally likely, this is Triela we're talking about).

As for the armor, I'd image even it would have some realistic limits, and there is blood loss to consider. Triela has been seen to had bled on several occations (not from periods, I don't want to start up another orgy discussion here... yet) when she has been hit by bullets and knives, although in more recent volumes these instances have stopped. This may suggest cyborgs advancements have gotten better over time. Just a thougt.

My major concern is the long term intergity of these artificial limbs with prolonged wear and tear. The manga has suggested that they do need replacing, so I'm willing to hinge my bests on some dire consequence if they allow these limbs to fall into disrepair by having a bullet stuck in the armor plating in their forearm.

Last edited by on Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 23:21; edited 1 time in total
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 23:19

The fact is that the bullets definitely make holes. The girls can be reckless because they have the SWA's technical/surgical section backing them. After every mission they get the bullets taken out and the wounds sealed up, sometimes even limbs replaced if need be. But, without that backup the damage would pile up. The girls are not Alucard (if anything their regenerative abilities are weaker then the average human) and not Terminator (they are nimble assasins, and not tanks).

I don't think endurance was the designers priority.

[edit] Actually, I'm kind of repeating stuff. But, in short if Triela could end up with serious damage from the knife battle with Pino, then there is definitely a limit on just how much lead they can take. More armour means more stiffness and slower motion. To do what they were designed for the girls don't need to be able to resist fire from a M2 Browing, but they do need to be unnotced, fast, accurate, and capable of taking people down in hand ot hand combat.

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 23:25

3klicks wrote:The fact... The girls can be reckless because they have the SWA's technical/surgical section backing them...they get the bullets taken out and the wounds sealed up... limbs replaced if need be. But, without that backup the damage would pile up...I don't think endurance was the designers priority.
Man says it all really. I think they're like machines in this circumstance. If anything is busted, it's far father and easier to replace than repair.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 23:29

sasahara17 wrote:Hm... I recall Triela saying something along the lines of 'It doesn't hurt anymore' to Mario in Vol 1 while she was rescuing him.
Henrietta explained it in Elsa's Murder investigation that the Condictioning drug may have something to do with it. "I feel the pain of being shot but it quickly goes away..."
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Fan of : Pia, Elsa, Cleas, Triela...

Original Characters : Fernando & Rachel, Felix & Francesca

Comments : He has super powers. He is God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Dec 2007 - 23:45

sasahara17 wrote:
3klicks wrote:The fact... The girls can be reckless because they have the SWA's technical/surgical section backing them...they get the bullets taken out and the wounds sealed up... limbs replaced if need be. But, without that backup the damage would pile up...I don't think endurance was the designers priority.

Wow, that's some fancy editing skills you've got there. Smile I'm good at expanding on things, but tottally useless when I have to summarise.

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Sat 8 Dec 2007 - 3:42

crazyidiot78 wrote:After talking to my brother...he told me there is a UN regulation against using child soldiers

United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, Art. 38, (1989) proclaimed: "State parties shall take all feasible measures to ensure that persons who have not attained the age of 15 years do not take a direct part in hostilities."
I'm pretty sure this rule is broken more often in tyhe rule wrold that only the good guys... *ZING*

IDEA; Child Soldiers vs Cyborg.

Nachsider has pioneered the instance of extra ordinary junior operatives acting in actual armed conflicts (Person WMA's Handsome Black herself was reportedly one before she became a cyborg). In those armed conflicts there is a good chance that other adolescent soldiers will be employed agaisnt her. Perhaps a small short piece of prose to explore the possibility of one of these soldiers being confronted/defeated/rescued by a cyborg is in order.

IDEA; Child Assassins vs Cyborgs

Highly trained child assassins are staples in todays prose in the conspiracy/sci-fi genre. This idea explores the possibility of a deranged madman implementing Spartan like program that trains young kids (fourteen top sixteen is their current age) to be effeicient terrorists (see Rose Hip Zero). One of these cells strike at Rome, and the girls are called in to sort them out... with extreme prejudice of course.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Sat 8 Dec 2007 - 5:01

Okay C.I. I'll give you my gut reaction on the points you laid down.

crazyidiot78 wrote:1- Rico discovering some info during her interigation (beat down) of the army officer
I dunno if Rico's one of the better people to do it... It'll make more sence if the interrogator recieves the info and suddenly realizes the full exient of the spiel that is coming out from the punching bag's mouth. Jean maybe can undertand it, but it'll be fun if the cyborg also comes to the same conclusions.

crazyidiot78 wrote:2- Pinochio being sent to kill triela (in some ways she comes off as the leader of girls at several points)
Pinnochio being sent to capture Triela more like it. I would reason she was more worth to them alive than dead. She has info, she can be a guinea pig, hell, she can be a hostage. They don't know an awful lot about the cyborgs, so ideally captuing one seems to be a good bet.

This of course assumes that the story is set before the end oof Vol.5 or Pino survived his throat been punched through.

crazyidiot78 wrote:3- the scene with maco and his old girlfriend and have her ask about SWA asking about the biotech firm connection
Gee, this one is awkward. We know she knows about Angie. assuming Marco didn't shoot her himself to stop her from blabing (I'm of the opinion she signed some secrecy oath after that episode), She just might become an invaluable resorce to Marco. She'll ask questions sure, but Marco can ask her to make enquires for him if he's desperate. This is an unlikely arrangement given that Marco is the man in question, but this be my gut reaction.

Okay, what does everybody else have to say?
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Sat 8 Dec 2007 - 5:02

Nachtsider wrote:I'm looking very hard for a reference in canon that states the girls feel any pain when being shot. I thought the drugs were supposed to deaden all such sensation.

And where *actual damage* is concerned - weren't the girls supposed to have armor beneath their skins? How else could you explain Elsa, Rico and Triela blocking all those slugs?
My thoughts about the nature of the girls armor here. As I've said before pain is to useful a sensation to turn completely off. A girl should feel the pain of of being shot in the back, instead of having to realize the force of the impact means she's getting shot.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 8 Dec 2007 - 9:54

Can't remember, but we had this discussion before... I think it was in "We all know they're bullet proof.

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Sun 9 Dec 2007 - 20:16

---

Inspector Claes, A.k.a Claes the Gadget Girl

---

Inspired by the awesome things I have seen flying around the 'Cyborg devices' thread, I think it would be prudent to repost this and use it as a fanfic idea.

---

An new professor comes on. A mad genius (or alternatively, the Norse Trickster God Loki in disguise) the man concocts a $60,000 blueprint of a super cyborg with over 60,000 different devices installed. Despite the fact half those said devices are bogus (whoever needs a built in toaster?) Lorenzo, impressed by the impressing miracle this man seems capable of doing, and perhaps a bit curious, gives the professor the go ahead to modify one of the girls as a test subject.

Naturally a mad scientist and lover of chaos he picks the ever sombre Claes.

Now, the kicker is that, whether it be an oversight or a deliberate prank on her by the SWA personnel, Claes is not notified of the new developments beforehand. She just goes in for what she thinks is a standard leg replacement, is sedated and thus unconscious, and then wakes up none the wiser, now with 60,000 different voice activated gadgets installed in her body.

So she goes off back to the dorms, the Professor forgetting (debatable) to give her the eight two feet thick instruction booklets as not to prevent her from causing any chaos over an accidental activation.

Of course that's exactly what happens.

---

Obviously with a setup like this, logic and reason is going to fly out the window. But who cares, it's for laughs anyway. It's the perfect scenario to let your mind run wild and incidentally let Claes cut loose (after of course, the initial panicking and horror at her new state).
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 9 Dec 2007 - 21:18

Loki, eh? Maybe we could throw his magic green mask into the bargain.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sun 9 Dec 2007 - 22:08

sasahara17 wrote:
crazyidiot78 wrote:After talking to my brother...he told me there is a UN regulation against using child soldiers

I'm pretty sure this rule is broken more often in tyhe rule wrold that only the good guys... *ZING*

IDEA; Child Soldiers vs Cyborg.

Nachsider has pioneered the instance of extra ordinary junior operatives acting in actual armed conflicts (Person WMA's Handsome Black herself was reportedly one before she became a cyborg). In those armed conflicts there is a good chance that other adolescent soldiers will be employed agaisnt her. Perhaps a small short piece of prose to explore the possibility of one of these soldiers being confronted/defeated/rescued by a cyborg is in order.

Highly trained child assassins are staples in todays prose in the conspiracy/sci-fi genre. This idea explores the possibility of a deranged madman implementing Spartan like program that trains young kids (fourteen top sixteen is their current age) to be effeicient terrorists (see Rose Hip Zero). One of these cells strike at Rome, and the girls are called in to sort them out... with extreme prejudice of course.
I gave a link to Natchsider a couple of weeks ago to a UN resolution, to a future story that has been already done by a few friends and I. The basics of the story is already been written, but it needs a major rewrite. I'll post it up when I have 3 chapters done; titled UN-Resolution.
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 9 Dec 2007 - 22:15

ElfenMagix wrote:IDEA; Child Soldiers vs Cyborg.

In both these cases, I can only envision a massacre in favor of the SWA kids.

The U.N. is as toothless as they come.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Dec 2007 - 22:53

The idea doesn't have much zing to it since in reality it's:
Child Soldiers vs. Child Cyborg Soldiers
and
Child Assasins vs. Child Cyborg Assasins
sort of like saying
vicious wild animals vs. gigantic visious wild animals

This is a rather obvious and bland idea compared to the others here (and it's proubably been done), but:
How about a cyborg and handler in isolated survival situation. The randomness (or maybe obviousness) stemmed from my contemplating a scenerio:

Cyborg and Handler are lost/stranded in a wood somewhere very cold (Siberia, maybe) with no means of communication and only have one travelling rug that can be made into a primitive sleeping bag. How would each fratelloa act?
- Jose would insist that Henrietta take the sleeping bag/rug and would himself feeze half to death.
- Don't know about Angelica. I doubt their interaction would be any fun to write.
- Jean would just tell Rico to get in.
- Triela/Hillshire would proubably be the funnest. Hillshire would want Triela to take the rug, but Triela would absolutely refuse. They would argue about that for a while and in the end none of them will take it. If they have anything to start a small fire they will, and they'll sit around it, proubably in silence for a long time. When they are are finally both almost frozen "Hill.shire. About. that. rug..." and a wordless agreement would follow.
[This can also be made to work if there are two sleeping bags. In an extreme situation like that you need all the warmth you can get. Racoons don't sleep in gigantic heaps of dozens of racoons for nothing.]

(I just wanted to comment on the child soldier thing, but it seemed kindof lame to make a short comment about something from long ago when I'd be repeating Nacht in a way as well.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 9 Dec 2007 - 22:57

Don't be so sure about Angie, Marco, a bitter snowscape and a sleeping bag. I can already envision something touching or heartwarming coming out of that scenario - probably with that adorable little angel bringing the selfless side of her to the forefront.

Hillshire and Triela's interaction is hilarious. You really oughta write and publish it, Klicks.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sasahara17 Sun 9 Dec 2007 - 23:00

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Did someone just propose the Blanket Senario? It's missing the 'naked under the rug part', but it's there all right!

I suppose it was bound to come up eventually.
sasahara17
sasahara17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachtsider Sun 9 Dec 2007 - 23:02

They say the best way to keep warm in the cold is to get in a sleeping bag and press your own bare flesh against some other bare flesh.

Heh.
Nachtsider
Nachtsider

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ElfenMagix Sun 9 Dec 2007 - 23:05

It sounds promising...
ElfenMagix
ElfenMagix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 9 Dec 2007 - 23:13

Nachtsider wrote:Don't be so sure about Angie, Marco, a bitter snowscape and a sleeping
bag. I can already envision something touching or heartwarming coming
out of that scenario - probably with that adorable little angel
bringing the selfless side of her to the forefront.
You're right. What I meant was more along the lines that I wouldn't know how to write them.

p.s. As for the idea it originated with some some random word-doodles that I didn't really bother to do anything with. My original intent was to write the Hillshire and Triela one, but I quickly decided that I wasn't sure how to write their characters and since I was in the mood for something light and brainless, I wen't with whatever came to mind.

Rico awoke with the first rays of the morning sun. She yawned, and shivered a little. It was very cold and although she was in a spacious sleeping bag the chilly air was still bothersome.

She lifted her head slightly to look out at the snow-covered forest from under the folds of the sleeping bag. She had never had a chance to spend much time away from the city so this was a real treat. As she looked curiously at a bird that had landed nearby and searched for its morning meal in the snow, the hand that had been weighing down her head absentmindedly swept her back further into the sleeping bag. An expression of surprise visited Rico's visage followed by one of perplexion. She considered whether she should wake Jean or not and finally decided against it.

After several minutes Jean began to stir and upon opening his eyes saw a smiling face looking up at him from within the open flaps of his coat.

"Good morning, Jean." *smile*

Jean opened his mouth wanting to say something, but then noticed his hand holding the girls blonde head to his chest in a rather uncomfortable position. He released Rico and looked at his wristwatch.

"It's already 3:30. We'll have to make up for lost time." He got out of the sleeping bag and said.

"Dig up the equipment and get it ready for travel. Do it in 15
minutes."

Rico previously thought that they had plenty of time, but, if Jean said so, apperently they didn't.
"Yes, Jean." She replied.

----------------

The stillness of the cold winter night was accented by periodic sounds of some small animals scurrying along in the snow, and the calling of an owl that started its silent hunt somewhere in the distance.
"… Um, Jean. "

"Go to sleep, Rico."

"Yes, sir."

("… … …")

"I'm sorry Jean, I can't."

"You need rest. Try counting
bullets."

"What?"

"You know, imagine a continuous belt of ammunition and count the
bullets."

"… Remember to count the tracer rounds as well." He added
sternly after a moments pause.
"Is that what you do?"

"I used to count sheep."

"… Jean, can I count sheep?"

"Sure, go ahead. Now, go to sleep or at least be quiet."

" Yes, sir. Thank you, sir." She replied enthusiastically.
---------------------------------

p.s. - Does anyone know how to indent on this forum? I'm a big fan of indentation and it's driving me mad. I thought there would be something like [tab] or [/t] or somthing, but can't figure it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Mon 10 Dec 2007 - 12:01

3klicks wrote:"You need rest. Try counting
bullets."

"What?"

"You know, imagine a continuous belt of ammunition and count the
bullets."

"… Remember to count the tracer rounds as well." He added
sternly after a moments pause.
"Is that what you do?"

"I used to count sheep."

"… Jean, can I count sheep?"

"Sure, go ahead. Now, go to sleep or at least be quiet."

" Yes, sir. Thank you, sir." She replied enthusiastically.
:lol!:

My sides hurt from laughing so hard. That's just hilarious. Anyway if I where ever stuck in that situation we both go in the bag, and share body warmth. Awkward, hell yes. However I like to think that most people would take being embarrassed over being dead. Or are we not talking about life threatening cold, and just uncomfortable cold? Cause Siberia is definitely the former.
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2007 - 21:27

Wileama wrote:Anyway if I where ever stuck in that situation we both go in the bag, and share body warmth. Awkward, hell yes. However I like to think that most people would take being embarrassed over being dead. Or are we not talking about life threatening cold, and just uncomfortable cold? Cause Siberia is definitely the former.
That's absolutely true. In this situation it is obvious which is the better choice. However, the simple fact that they have to do it, and choose life/safety over embarrassment, doesn't make the embarrassment go away and that's exactly what makes it funny.

(Of course, if the temperature is really extreme and they are tiered they probably won't have the strength to think about embarrassment, but then it would be a lot less fun... and maybe then they get embarrassed in the morning. The night before they just get in like a dream and fall asleep as if they were dead, from the exhaustion. But, in the morning, once they wake up, the less stoic/unmoved handlers/cyborgs will get flustered because they will have no clue how they should behave in that type of situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wileama Mon 10 Dec 2007 - 21:56

3klicks wrote:That's absolutely true. In this situation it is obvious which is the better choice. However, the simple fact that they have to do it, and choose life/safety over embarrassment, doesn't make the embarrassment go away and that's exactly what makes it funny.
Oh no it makes for excellent comedy, or a good excuse for intimacy if your not dealing with a 12 year old girl. I just saw this line:
3klicks wrote:- Jose would insist that Henrietta take the sleeping bag/rug and would himself feeze half to death.
And couldn't help but think: idiot is going to freeze to death over being embarrassed
Wileama
Wileama
Sith Lord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next